Speaker 1: Listen, girls, at the moment, with the election going on, there's so much news in the air, and you go, where do I get my news from?
Speaker 2: What publication do we go to?
Speaker 3: Of course they come here listen to us. Why would you not come to the pickup to unpack all the great That's what.
Speaker 2: We do every Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I bring Brita Laura the biggest news stories of the middle of the week and then they decide whether we pick them up, we keep the conversation going, or we put it down.
Speaker 2: We never speak on the topic again. Are we ready, girls?
Speaker 4: We aren't ready?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Pick up?
Speaker 2: Put down?
Speaker 1: Anthony Albanesi using his prime ministerial power to get free update upgrades on Quantus flights.
Speaker 4: Pick it up, pick it up.
Speaker 3: I was having this conversation with my mother in law surprisingly yesterday because like everyone was up in arms that Albo recently bought himself an expensive property. It was like a four million dollar property that was beachfront. You did, okay, And I understand that in the cost of living that seems crazy, but he also is the man that runs this country. And if it's not like a well paying job, who's gonna want.
Speaker 4: To do it?
Speaker 3: Like no one's gonna do that for free, so I do kind of expect that, like it comes with it's per Well.
Speaker 1: Here we go, the details have come out, He asked Alan Joyce, the then CEO of Quantas, for twenty two upgrades on economy tickets. Right, some were personal holidays to Hawaii, Europe in La there during his time as Transport Minister, not during his time as Prime minister.
Speaker 4: You have to transport to La you gotta get so checks out. I mean, if anyone's gonna.
Speaker 3: Have a perk when it comes to transport, it probably should be the Transport minister.
Speaker 6: Can I just say, I don't know many people in this world that if they have an opportunity to upgrade themselves in some way, that they would say no.
Speaker 2: But you know, we get we get free donuts every now and again.
Speaker 1: Like if you're a baker, you get to take home croissants at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: There are perks in your job. Give him a break. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think there's far worse things he could be doing. That's for sure.
Speaker 2: It's all allegedly of course as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't see us outbo.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's fucko busy to suit.
Speaker 4: The pick up in his beautiful beach front mansion.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about this pick up? Put down ladies and gentlemen. Sean Mendez finally addressing his sexuality.
Speaker 4: What I'm going to put it down. I'm going to pick it up.
Speaker 3: And I don't know whether you're angry about it or happy, Mitch, because you've kind of I don't know, Like, why is everyone up in arms about this?
Speaker 2: No one, No one's up in arms.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm only putting it down because I don't think we should have to be in a society where someone has to come out and address their sexuality.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, but I think we need to talk about it as someone who is gay and who struggle with their sexuality. I want to play you what Sean said at his concept overnight. This is pretty breaking news. He has faced the poor thing. Allegations are being gay, not even allegations. For God's sake, people have outed him four years because he's slightly more feminine, he's a.
Speaker 2: Musician, he looks after himself. This is what he's had to say after all these years.
Speaker 5: The real truth of all my life and my sexuality is that man, I'm just I'm just figuring it out, Like everyone, and I don't really know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes and I know other teams, and.
Speaker 5: It feels really scary because we live in a society that has a lot to see about that. And I'm trying to be really brief and just allowed myself to be a human and feel things. And yeah, I just that's all I really want to say about that for now.
Speaker 4: Mitch, how do you feel listening to that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: It makes me so proud of him because I know how hard it is to come out.
Speaker 1: For some people, it's easy, and I know there's young kids listening to this, old parents that have gay kids that go as easy for my kids. He's twenty five, twenty six, you know, I'm twenty nine, different time, And I don't think it matters where you were raised, how old you are. Your own sexuality is your own journey. And I really struggle before I came out, everyone thinking I was gay already assuming putting a label on me. And that is why it delayed me for so long, because I hadn't come to the point myself, but everyone else wanted to tell me first. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just think I could not in a bad way. I could not care less and if he yeah, you're figuring it out. He's an incredible artist, and that's where we should.
Speaker 2: Stop it totally.
Speaker 1: And you know what we owe to him now is to shut up about privacy and let him date who he wants to tell.
Speaker 4: I love that you said that, but you also brought it to discuss it.
Speaker 1: I know, but I brought it to discuss it because I think it's important to talk about and.
Speaker 2: Now shut up about Shawn Mendes. Yeah, we're gonna play Sham Mendes' song ironically next. I believe that's big up put down.
Speaker 4: We happy with the stories, girls, I'm happy with the stories. Mitch, well done today. Thank you so great to unpack them all. All right, all were coming up.
Speaker 3: I wanted to talk about something that you would think. I mean, it was heartfelt. It really was heartfelt, but also it didn't exactly go to plan. And that is on the weekend we scattered my grandparents' ashes. Let me tell you some things went down that probably shouldn't have the ashes.
Speaker 4: No, guys, it's just this.
Speaker 3: You have an idea about how something's going to go in your head, and it certainly doesn't always go to plan.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for that one.