Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily.
Speaker 2: Podcast, brought to you by Cata.
Speaker 3: Back in July.
Speaker 2: A little bit earlier this month, we got an email. The title was pawn Podcasts Politics. A woman called Jesco's Hiprumo love of her. I just had my first experimental experience with ASMR porn and then in brackets, imagine if that was it? Send email I love that, I love it.
Speaker 4: In college.
Speaker 2: In turn, as a listener of the potty, I think it would be interesting to hear an interview with ASMR Daddy, who happens to be Australian with some strong opinions on feminism, sub safety, et cetera. This is the ASMR video I literally just listened to and I'm going to play it right now.
Speaker 4: It's fine, a little bit, that's not too salacious.
Speaker 1: Vulnerable and my mercy.
Speaker 4: That's ASMR Daddy.
Speaker 2: He basically does these thirty minute meditations almost where he's guiding you through what to do.
Speaker 4: He's the domin He's telling.
Speaker 2: You you're a dirty little bip and he wants to beep and you're beep and do it until you beep. So she goes on to say, this is his Instagram and send me his Instagram. She said, this is not a sponsored ad. I don't know this person, just Midnight Discovery. Yes, get it.
Speaker 3: And so this has piqued your interest? Why?
Speaker 2: Because audio porn is super interesting. I know there's a lot of women, like a lot of sites that cater to women. And weirdly enough, I was on TikTok yesterday and this woman was like, it came off my for you page obviously because I knew I was going to come in today and do this. And I was basically this woman saying that she'd started this site which was all audio porn for women because women are better at using their imaginations with sex, whereas men like to have the visual apparently. And so what I've gone and done is collected as of my daddy's name. Now we don't know his actual name, but he goes by Rick in the community, so Rick that I do too. On his Instagram you can like kind of see his face. He's got long hair and tattoos. And what is your interest with ASMR daddy?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: Are you interested in ASMR porn? Are you intrigued? Are you curious? What do you want to find out from him? Because I feel like you've got your phone up.
Speaker 4: A little call to pressing dial.
Speaker 2: I guess I want to know how he got into it and I want to talk to him about parasocial relationships.
Speaker 4: So, if you don't know what a parasocial relationship is, it's.
Speaker 2: When you like follow someone on Instagram, for example, you follow them so much how you think that you know them.
Speaker 4: You've experienced parasocial.
Speaker 3: Relationships little FLEXI I have, I shall have.
Speaker 4: And you've had to put boundaries up at times I have, and it's fine.
Speaker 5: It goes both ways. I think there's like a huge benefit of having a parasocial relationship because it creates this close a connection with you and people who consume you. And what often happens is this I would call a bit of a paradox. When people seek to understand you as a person, they can kind of bypass your boundaries to do so.
Speaker 3: Like they want more context so you appear more real.
Speaker 5: They want to know what you eat and when you sleep, and who you date, and what your mental illnesses are so they can view you as a full picture, not recognizing that by requesting that information they're kind of dehumanizing you. BM hype to hear you chat to him. I don't know what I would want to ask him just yet, but I'm keen to see what he's about, why he does it, and any kind of difficulties with like the career that he's created for himself. I know, I scrolled through his Instagram briefly and I saw him have to do a PSA to people to you know, not send him unsolicited nudes and to not like solicit him for.
Speaker 3: Sex or anything like.
Speaker 5: He's just here to provide a service for consumption like the videos, not him. So I thought that was fascinating. But there's a little shit chat.
Speaker 4: Hell, Hi, Rick, are you going.
Speaker 1: With yourself? Good? Good?
Speaker 3: I'm through me and flex?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 4: Can you hear her?
Speaker 1: Flex?
Speaker 3: Its so much fun?
Speaker 4: We're good, We're good, We're we're excited to talk to you.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit nervous. We don't talk to people on the phone often or really sad.
Speaker 3: Don't you got phone anxiety?
Speaker 1: Who uses their phone for phone conversations anymore? Really?
Speaker 3: Literally? Not me, not us?
Speaker 2: So Rick, we know that Rick is your ASMR daddy name? Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Correct? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Well could you start by telling me how you got into being as Mr Daddy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, look it really began the early days of lockdown. So it was probably like like a couple of months into that first lockdown a couple of years ago, and I was having a Zoom call with a friend and she and I were just discussing like how bad modern porn was, right, because this was kind of like the this is the beginning of everyone's like lockdown sexual frustration. I think she was constantly just talking about like how terrible you know, the mainstream pormos it was very you know, from the sis head male gaze, and her big big issue with it was always like, oh my god, by the men so quiet. And obviously, you know we we've been partners in the past, and she knew that I had a talent for talking dirty, and yeah, she just asked if I could send her like a couple of audios just to get her through like a lockdown sexual frustration.
Speaker 3: A resourceful queen, go out into your community and seek help.
Speaker 1: And so like I did, Like I just I recorded a couple of things and sent it through to her, and then like the next time we caught up on Zoom, she was like, look, please don't get mad. I should have asked for permission and I'm like, what did you do? And she's like, look, I sent them to the group chat and now like now myself and a couple of like girls have like requests.
Speaker 3: Not a distribution, and so that's.
Speaker 1: What really began. And look, she was really like she was kind of the inspiration. She's like, look, this is a public service. Can you just please put this out there. I'm sure it'll find an audience. And yeah, like fast forward, Like I still remember when it first like it ticked over like ten thousand views over a pornhub and I'm like, oh my god, this really doesn't have an audience. So yeah, that's how it's not.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, let's us got a hand up. She's got a question.
Speaker 5: Got a question for you, Rick is answer my daddy. Your full time job at the moment? Is that your sole income stream or are you moonlighting?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, no, like it's it's definitely just something that I'm still doing on the side. Look, it got to a point, probably like twelve months in where it could have been something. But if I could have taken a turn and done it full time. But yeah, look there's a part of me that doesn't want to make it my full time job. Because I don't really I don't want to take like the joy out of it, like the you know, I don't want to make it a job. Like I think part of the reason that it's always kind of resonated is with people is that I'm not doing it for the paycheck, like and and the organic nature of it, Like I only make stuff when i'm you know, in the mood, or I feel like it, or I'm inspired. I don't want to try to adhere to like a rigid schedule, be like all right, well, I've got to get out my third audio for the fortnight, you know, because because then it's just gonna It's like if it starts becoming a job. I think, if like something you're passionate about starts becoming a job, you just you lose a little bit of that love for it. So yeah, no, it's just something that I'm doing on the side.
Speaker 2: I like that a little side pace. How did you learn how to talk? Dirddy?
Speaker 3: This is a great question for me.
Speaker 1: I can get really deep on this because, look, I think a big part of it comes from the fact that, you know, like my like growing up in suburban kind of you know, Australia. I was very much surrounded by and raised by that toxic you know, Australian masculinity, and a huge part of that is just not being able to communicate about how you feel, not being able to like communicate, you know, clearly with people about your emotions. And so to me, it really began in kind of breaking that down and learning how to actually talk about my feelings and talk about you know, my fears, like all like those deeply those deep things that I kind of you know, got into through therapy. That that's where it really where it began, when I started learning how to communicate and how like when you do that clearly and concisely with people, it just takes a lot of issues off the table. And so I started, you know, when I started bringing that into sex, like it made sex better, right, like being able to clearly kind of communicate with people your desires and find out what their desires are, and being being able to have those honest conversations. So I think that's where it began. And the dirty talk was just really an extension of that, like verbalizing fantasies and and and speaking them aloud and kind of pushing past that that shame that so many people have around sex still. So I have to give credit to just some of amazing women in my life as well, Like I had so there were some older women in my twenties who kind of really started introducing me to kink because they kind of saw my interest in it and helped me kind of, you know, get over that kind of initial hump of the unintended discussing and talking.
Speaker 5: I get it, joke free zo, Well, while we have you can we get just a dirty talking cheek go to for people who don't want to uncover and unpack their fears and wants and needs before they use the skill.
Speaker 3: So you what a fail safe.
Speaker 5: Maybe phrase or you know, formation of words that kind of does the trick more often than not.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know? Or I think it's just a great start phase is do you like that?
Speaker 3: I was going to say that, you know, you're not.
Speaker 1: Even diving into the r raided stuff yet, but just clearly asking like is this something you're enjoying? I think is a great way to kind of kick off that as a dialogue, right, like, don't assume, don't sit there not knowing, like bring that out. I think once you start kind of you know, having that internal conversation, the stuff like the conversation you're having in your own head and having it with your partner. I think that starts cracking the door open to you know, getting you know, far more debaucherous.
Speaker 3: As ill talking about the dinner I'm about to have.
Speaker 5: I'm like hungry, and then so like say, we've done that, do you like that? But we're we're gearing up for a ninety minute session there so by fifteen minutes I have exhausted that.
Speaker 3: Do you like that? What's next?
Speaker 1: I think that's when you need to kind of like start bringing just a couple couple of like dirtier terms, right, need to be like swinging from the shandily is with Akim mask on straight away, right, Like.
Speaker 2: It's so when you're actually recording it, so full disclosure.
Speaker 4: I have to be honest.
Speaker 2: I listened to it because I thought I can't come in here without listening to it.
Speaker 1: You have a journalistic integrity.
Speaker 3: I do such, and.
Speaker 4: I've got a lot of spare time.
Speaker 2: And you know, we were actually put onto you by a woman called Jess who sent me an email about you, and she said it was one of her first experiences with audio porn and that she had a great time. And when I was listening to it, I was just thinking to myself at times, like what are you doing yourself when you're making this? Are you sitting in a room Like obviously the microphone and stuff, the quality's got to be good, so how do you set that up?
Speaker 4: And what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Like ninety percent of the time, I am actually like indulging in the actual fantasy myself as well, And I think that's part of the reason that it appeals to people. It's because, like I mean, look, so much of porn is performative, right, and I think a lot of us can see through that now, Like so I never want what I'm actually creating to be performative. So that's why, like I don't think I could do it as a job, right because like I can't. I can't just like get up and be like, oh, I've got to do an audio today and just like belt it out, Like I have to be in the mood, I have to be inspired, so and I always want to be honest to that, Like, so, yeah, I try to not be performative at all. There's some out there that I definitely there be more organized and have to be a bit more structured about like I did a Choose your Own Adventure one which was like like like four or five hours of recording. Like I have a like a lapel mic, so I'll just like you know, attached to lapel mic to my phone and I can kind of go anywhere.
Speaker 4: So fun cool. Okay, Well, thanks for chatting to us as my daddy. This was so good.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've learned a lot. And maybe we will try some dirty talk Flex.
Speaker 1: That sounds fantastic. Look and in honor of both of you, I will I'm going to be releasing a crock themed audio in the next in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Stay stay tuned, stay tuned for that.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's funny behavior.
Speaker 1: How can I talk to Flex and and and not indulge your crop Spanish?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, amazing. And you got to say go through me, go through me.
Speaker 3: Don't worry.
Speaker 4: You don't have to do that, dude, We can go lab. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Rick.
Speaker 4: We will see you. I guess we'll hear you soon.
Speaker 1: Well, indeed, thank you, Flakes. Thanks you for you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast for more tune Indicata on D A B or stream it on iHeartRadio.