Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: Very fussy customer exclamation.
Speaker 3: The whole time I was there.
Speaker 4: Yep yep, yep, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my shin hit matter man matter, Christian O'Connell Show, Gold, wonderful.
Speaker 1: Thanks for.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Patsy. Happy Friday, Jack, Happy Friday guys. All right, so the weekend is here. What is everyone else to, Patsy? What are you going to be doing?
Speaker 2: We've got family coming down from brother at the stage, No Chris, sister and her daughter and husband, and there all the boys all under.
Speaker 4: Like seven your place, No no, no, but.
Speaker 2: We're taking them whereby do we haven't been before? So get on the Safari bus. The boys will love it.
Speaker 3: Aren't you relieved that you've got a bullet. I'm blessed to have my two daughters. My sister has four boys. Right and just whenever we stilles meetnapped the difference between boys and girls in terms of energy levels and chaos. And they're like puppies. You need to go and do stuff with them. They don't want to sit down, no, do stuff, rate.
Speaker 2: Stuff, wrestle, roll around the ground like cur We do that zoo.
Speaker 3: But a tiger and a headlock out there, open zoo.
Speaker 5: We're there.
Speaker 2: The silver gorilla, what are they?
Speaker 4: Silver backg silvery?
Speaker 3: They're huge job.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. They were tumbling down the hill and I swear to God that earth was moving. That might be the boys tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Jackie boy, what are you up to this weekend? Because this is your second weekend home alone, wife and son away.
Speaker 4: And you know what I've done. I used up all my friendship time already. I played poker with my friends on Saturday night, and then I went to a barbecue on Tuesday, kind of had my filled my cup with my friends. So now I've got nothing really to do.
Speaker 3: But there's so much to do in this city. Yeah, taking we'll go and taking a showing, a show, a show. Why don't you go to it? This is the last weekend of the comedy festival.
Speaker 4: No, it's finished and finished on Sunday, did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I tried to jam it all in in that last last week.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, later on this morning, why don't we ask people what you could do this weekend?
Speaker 4: That's it. Don't pity me.
Speaker 3: It sounds like so uneasy right now, I think, so, Yeah, this is the last weekend before I go away to Ireland next Thursday, so a week today I'll be in Dublin and I'll be seeing Bruce Springsteen, so it's funny to come around. Then I had done the Southern Line and where I'm on a guided walking tour with thirty five strangers from around the world for a whole week. So this is a weekend really of you won't be surprised to hear I'm a little bit.
Speaker 4: Behind on get your steps up now that I'm doing all right.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to do ten k a day walking with these new boots, which is absolute agony because that's only like an hour and a half. We've got to do four to six hours a day. I can't wait, though. It's going to be amazing the fact that I'm going to be said my best friend who I haven't seen him six years, flying over from London just for next Friday night so we can have dinner together and then go and see Springsteen. He's decided not to do the walk.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show, The Chapel Street Precinct. Let's do double thumbs Up Friday, where we go around the team and we share the things we're into at the moment. Patsy, what is it for you?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've found a lifeline at the moment. I've found a book and I tell you what it has been my savior. It is Queen Menopause. It's been written by Alison Daddo. It is a brilliant book about a very open, honest, raw account of her experience of going through perry menopause and menopause. And you know, it's such a weird thing. I'm smack bang in the middle of it, and it's so weird. And I'll tell you why. It's because we don't talk enough about it. And so I've sort of I'm confronted with this hormonal situation in my life, and I sort of feel a bit cheated, to be honest, because I think I actually wasn't prepared for this, like I was ready for birth and conception and all that. But it's like I sort of feel like I've been I don't know.
Speaker 4: So true that it's never talked about.
Speaker 2: I just thought, what the hell is all this about? No one told me how awful this can be? And you sort of you feel really alone.
Speaker 3: Sarah's been saying that, you know, she was sort of saying there's a lack of light because these days there's so many amazing free podcasts about all various transitions in life and to support and that which incredible, But that area is totally underrepresenting. Yet it happens to all women and you need a community and support.
Speaker 2: Oh that's exactly right, and that's why I want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: So if you've always said about doing a podcast, I keep begging you to do this.
Speaker 2: I know, but it's just I'll tell you what. It has been a savior because you know what it's done. It you feel you feel alone, and when you sort of speak to your girlfriends about it, you hear yourself speaking. You think, God, I sound your rotten. Like you know, life's hard. We like to be upbeate and happy.
Speaker 3: But you know what, but you're going through these really depressive HORMONI of changes stuff us men have got no idea.
Speaker 2: About, no idea, just terrific and the hot flushes at the moment. I tell you what, it's just I'm not sleeping. It's like douner On duner Off, douner On duner Off and it's so bad that it whacks Chris up because I'm throwing it off over.
Speaker 3: His You tried these cool paths that you can buy that go on the bed, and then like, yeah, that can keep it your body a cool attempt because the hotter you get because you have our circadian rhythms, you start to come out of deep stimming. You don't get that much sleep as it is.
Speaker 2: It's just awful. So reading her book it made me feel like, oh my god, you know what, I'm not eurotic, I'm not going crazy. It's completely normal. And other women are feeling this as well. So I've found it really helpful and she writes it beautifully and it's just an open, honest account and I think we need to do more of that as.
Speaker 3: We should get some copies to give away for people.
Speaker 2: Actually, it's a brilliant book.
Speaker 3: It's so good as this is where you should do something.
Speaker 2: Yeah I lack, Yeah, yeah, there is. We need to talk about it more. We've talked so much about other aspects of you know, life cycles, but not this, and we need to open the conversation. And men need to be involved as well, because you guys are going through it as well. I know Chris is so.
Speaker 3: But nowhere near nowhere near about it. I know Sarah her friends talk about it, but I know that even sometimes have friends don't like talking about it because it's this terrible shame around.
Speaker 4: It, right, which is crazy, isn't it?
Speaker 2: But but you know, I sort of sound a bit of on it because I said before, you know, you feel like you're being I don't know, needy or but which is wrong. We shouldn't have that sense about it. It's it's okay to talk about it, and it's a completely natural.
Speaker 3: So it sounds like help.
Speaker 2: No, it is, and.
Speaker 3: It's just just a hell, Like you're in the week, is it? Before we kind of work overnight?
Speaker 2: It's the not sleeping and you want to sleep, like you really want to sleep, and you lay there and you can't sleep. And then you want to sleep through the day and you can't because you've got stuff on with school or whatever else. It's just like it's like tipping your whole cycle upside down. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: What support is available for women going through it? What can help?
Speaker 2: Well, that's the you know what I find just talking to my girlfriends who are going through it as well. And just reassurance of you know what, you're not going crazy, but you know this book also gave me the hope that so I think I'm sort of perimenopausal stage. Apparently that's the hardest yards. So once you meet month, once you reach menopause, which is where you haven't had a period for twelve months, that's when you're threw it.
Speaker 3: And I just worry you in it. How far away is that the thing?
Speaker 2: Like the doctors can't tell you. There's no test to say it's a tunnel. My gnecologists had a really great description. He said, it's like a tunnel, but we don't know how long the tunnel is, so you're in the middle of it, or you could be a quarter of the way through or three quarters of the way through.
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 2: And that's what I find really frustrating, Like it's not black or white, and you just want to know that it's okay. I'm not going to like is this the way I'm going to feel like now?
Speaker 4: But you can't count the days and yeah, you don't know what you're counting down towards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but my girlfriend said, no, it's okay, you will get through it. This isn't forever, It's just a stage. So this book helped me realize that.
Speaker 3: That's so great personally. One of the things I want to talk to you about on the show right, because I'm mentionedly right, because I'm only a couple of weeks into turning fifty right, and even I am trying to make sense of life. Now. You know, first daughter's gone, next one goes in about eighteen months time, and you'll suddenly here and you didn't ever think part of you has this peter pan existence. We think, oh, I know this company somebody. You think it won't actually happen to me, it'd be different for me. And then suddenly it's like you land here and you're like, I don't know this territory. So who am I? I'm not who I was, I'm not that dad anymore. It's changing. I don't know how to get to the next bit. So you should definitely do a podcast about what it's like for you to be at this point in your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you know, it's weird you Even my skin is different, I smell different.
Speaker 3: Do you really know? Is that just your sort of perception wise?
Speaker 2: And that No, I think i'd like my hair is manky. I just feel manky Roy.
Speaker 4: If it means anything, I would have had no clue that anything was different with you. Now you show up every day.
Speaker 3: Well you always look the most finessed of all of us. Now you do the rest of us? Do look manky in smell mane inside.
Speaker 2: I'm falling upart. No, we do need to talk about it.
Speaker 3: You're not falling apart though.
Speaker 2: No, it's no, No, that's true.
Speaker 3: All right, Patsy, well done for doing that. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: It's called Queen Menopause. It's by Allison Daddo, finding Majesty in the Mayhem. I love it.
Speaker 3: Beautiful title as well, and subtitle as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's the Christian O'Connell Show. And I would say where in radio wars and I think everyone's saying on to every word, you're not. You probably might just caught the last bit of Patsy talking about a book that's really helping at the moment going through Perry Menopause. The name of the book again.
Speaker 2: Patsy, Queen Minopause. Alison Daddo will.
Speaker 3: Put all the details on our social sites as well, if you want to find out more and we're going to get hold of some copies as well. All right then, so Jackie Boy, double thumbs up. You've had a lot at the time on your own right now, what have you been watching or enjoying?
Speaker 4: Yeah, i'd been. I would say to everybody, get YouTube on your TV. It's the most common thing I watch more than any of the streaming services. I put YouTube on and flick through it. And now a lot of comedians are doing great comedy specials and putting him straight on YouTube, so that's free. The two well, one that I watched last night was Greg, a guy called Greg Warren.
Speaker 3: This keeps coming up on my because I follow Nate Bargetzi. Yes this is coming up.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, So he's friends of mine in the US, no Greg, and they've always spoken about him. So I watched him for the first time last night. It was really funny, clean comedy, but just really funny. It's called Greg Warren, the salesman. And then a friend of mine. I haven't watched this yet, but Luke Kidgell In Australian comedian, has got his special just dropped on YouTube as well, called Cheers to That and my favorite podcast one of my favorite podcasts is called The Imperfects with Hugh Van Kylenberg, his brother Josh Van Cohlenberg, and Ryan Shelton. They do an amazing podcast. Every guest I listened to I end up getting a notebook out and start writing notes down. It's special. They are on tour this week in Melbourne there at Tamer Hall on Sunday night. If you want to get tickets, I know the first show sold out, so only the later show is available. But whether you get to the tour or just listen to the podcast, it's incredible.
Speaker 3: The imperfect Yeah well said, I can't recommend that enough. It's an awesome show. They do a couple of ones from me. They're still really enjoying a loan Australia. Season five drop this week. It's tough going for some of the people in Tasmania, but still a fantastic show. There was an episode I think it was last week's one that's heartbreaking, but it's a beautiful show. The idea is literally people are alone in the wilderness. They're right in Tasmania where it somehow seems tougher than any other place. They've done this TV show before, and they've been out at night the snows of Canada. But a loan Australia is very very good. The other thing I finished watching at the weekend which has been really funny is Jury Duty. It's on Amazon Prime. Have you start?
Speaker 4: You started it? I'm only two episodes in. Yeah, alright.
Speaker 3: It's a hidden camera show, but it's a very very smart one that is so well made. The idea is that they took out adverts saying, do you want to take part in a fly theball documentary about doing jury duty being a part of jury service. I think it was someone like two and a half thousand Americans applied. They pick one guy. He thinks he's part of a court case. Everyone is an actor in it. Everybody, the clerk of the court, the rest of the court, the court, the rest of the jury. Everyone is an actor. And it is so unbelievable. It fries your mind how well they do it. I watched the last episode at the weekend. How I was going to wonder, like, he comes across so well this guy as more and more strange situations keep happening and stuff like that. It's semi improvised as well, and how they revealed it to him. We were all watching each other. We were in tears. They did it so masterfully. It's an amazing moment. Actually, it's really good. It's called Jury Duty. That's on Prime. And then the other thing that I seen this week Miriam Mugalese, an eccentric British actor. She is a powerhouse. I didn't know she's recently become an Australian citizen. She's been coming here for thirty years. She lives here in Australia. I didn't know. She's made a new show on Netflix called Almost Australian. She's in a RV driving around Australia chatting to Australians. You know a lot of these travel shows, they're chat to someone who's a bit weird and wonderful, and they do that thing where they go, how lovely is this nice to meet someone different. I don't know whether that's her age where they don't care anymore, they just give zero. She's not like that. A couple of times ago, she keeps saying she doesn't like kids, and she's likes staying in the campsite where there's a lot of kids there, and she was chatting to someone who just is a gray nomad just lives in an RV and she was selling this box that's basically a bath and a toilet. It is nutty and smelly to me. There's the whole lifestyle. It's really really it's ray you see an honest travel show rather than everything's amazing. She loves Australia and there are some amazing characters as well on there. I love seeing it as well, just being reminded about what a beautiful, enormous country this is with all kinds of amazing people. Sometimes when you see it through somebody else's eyes, you see a different aspect of it. I highly recommend it's on Netflix.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time for the extra time waster. It's tool songs, But you, Sirio has got some good stats here. Fifty four percent of Australian men reports who're feeling emasculated when trades come into the homes is one hundred percent of me. And then this is amazing. Eighty nine percent of avoidable power tool accidents in the home are men aged between forty five and fifty five. I am right in the middle of that sweet spot. The most common injuries are falling off a ladder, followed by nail gun. Instance, I would.
Speaker 4: Even pick up a nilguns.
Speaker 3: Have you do you know how to use a nilbe?
Speaker 4: I had a nail gun? Wow, yeah, when we were doing the renovation in our house. But as soon as we were finished, I solved it.
Speaker 3: All right. So we're looking for your tool songs, tool song, I'll tell you what the trade you're listening to on that radio. Santa Claus is coming to town. Gold, hit me Naie one more time, don't sand so close to meld, drilling me softly silu. And I'm just a tool, I said, I'm just a boy. It's always good to end on the worst one of the week. I always say boys, even wanting no more, no more, Jack? What have you got for tool songs?
Speaker 4: Bohammering rhapsody?
Speaker 3: And also don't do that acting because it's like you're doing someone else on the site. Yeah, what else have you got?
Speaker 4: I want to hold your hands.
Speaker 3: These are being warped in right now, alright, justin Tim Blakes on site.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what's he got, sou they's lot's lost? These tool bag prime a rivet.
Speaker 3: Now that gold that's there, you found it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Extra time in the Highway. So this morning we're looking for your tall songs. All right, you ready to mark, Jackie boy, Let's see what they've got. When doves grindron sorry Mark, instead of sailing, how about nailing silver? To run to the drills instead of run to the hills. Iron made him civil plus teenage toolbag gold the something a dad would yell at teenage boy, isn't it's tool bag? My sore roner Silver, Edward nail gun hands not a song, but thank you? Video drilled the radio start Now that's better, Alam, don't cry for me? Angle grinder gold, that on Tonian Mighty, Dingley Village, all the tall things, silver, drill, Jean Gold, unchained soaw melody running up the drill and the man who sold the nail gun. Yeah but you told him?
Speaker 4: What did you tell them?
Speaker 3: Guys? Maybe they followed my bad exams.
Speaker 4: Nothing else.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Just the past sing of Jerry Springer. Now the Jerry Springer Show, I reckon, you could say, probably one of the first early incarnations of reality TV.
Speaker 4: It was an absolute staple. Four kids staying homesick for That's what I remember of it and loving it as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. I was lucky enough to interview Jerry a couple of times over the year. Is a very charming, smart man who knew exactly what that show was about. My favorite bit was always about how they'd be. I mean, it was like every third episode there'd be a fight a security guard, the bouncer, Steve, the security guard, no one ever, and then you'd have all this grotesque there's like a carnival times of all kinds of people. And then there was an episode I saw once that was called I Married a Horse Right. There was a horse on stage with the guy who got married to horse right, and so something you like, they'd have like dwarfs on having a fight, and then suddenly there'd be this crunching gear change and Jerry would very seriously look down the bowel of the camera to us and you. I always love that big serious speech you did. Folks, we got to come together. You're like, God, damn it, he's right horse. There was that strip at all for a second ago. Deep down, we are all the same. We all want to be happy.
Speaker 7: We cry when we're hurt, we're angry when we've been mistreated, and to be light accepted and respected. Not to mention loved is the greatest gift of all.
Speaker 3: Know this.
Speaker 7: There's never been a moment in the twenty five years of doing this show that I ever thought I was better than the people who were here an hour stage.
Speaker 3: I'm not better, only like you.
Speaker 4: I mean actually very touch Yeah, it's a sobering moment because watching the show was sort of like getting drunk, like this is crazy, craziest, and then he really sobered you up before you find out the episode.
Speaker 3: I think I might try and finish every Breakfast show now by trying to bring it together Springer style, to keep that going, like a very serious, heartfelt speech despite all kinds of Shenanigan that's going on. Beforehand, they used to name each title. Do you remember having it on the bottle of screen Jack, You've got some of the more amazing ones.
Speaker 4: Yes, I Married a Horse was a real episode. You remember correctly married to your dad? But want you back you slept with my stripper sister. Yeah, strippers were pretty much every sick and every Yeah. Yeah, Zach the seventy pound baby.
Speaker 3: It was Simpson jokes, don't they.
Speaker 4: I don't know about this one. I slept with two hundred and fifty one men in ten hours.
Speaker 3: I remember that. I think it was like a think he was trying to make out that he had a sex world record or something like that. There was one episode that was called Kung Fu Hillbilly that actually had a hill billy on with nunchucks. Who was you.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't be able to bring weapons onto the stage? Fists only guys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, coming on next day, we'll getting to Knockoff Friday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: I need to shut down the tab of Jerry Springer episode titles. I've just found pornographic clowns. I'm not even making that up. That was on daytime TV. Pornographic clowns. That it's unbelievable. Gold one I four point three Christian O'Connell Shows, twelve minutes past seven. Let's do knock Off Friday. Best question of week is they'll ask you what time are you knocking off today? So we want to tell know what time you're knocking off today? And then what is your highlight? What are you looking forward to this weekend? Give us a call on nine four one four one oh four to three. Jackie boy, what are you up to this weekend because I'm actually seriously really worried about you at the moment. You sent the team an email last night saying could we do a feature? Would anyone like to invite Jack Brown for dinner tonight?
Speaker 4: I actually still think that's a fun, fun idea. Any listeners who having a good cook up, you would not go.
Speaker 3: You would not go.
Speaker 2: You're so anti social that test.
Speaker 3: They would pull up, you look through the windows and it would just silently move on.
Speaker 4: She said, no room for it in the shows.
Speaker 3: No room.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at an empty board with no ideas. No I have to you know what I have to do. Our shower screen fell off a week ago, and now I've just been showering with the door on off and so the water gets all over the floor.
Speaker 3: So that's your wife to come back to that.
Speaker 4: So I went to walking around Bunning, just say, looking for the right hinges to replace. But I couldn't get the the hinges are riveted on, they're not.
Speaker 3: So you can take the hinge you need with you to say, so get me this.
Speaker 4: So what I did was trato.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I traced around it with a bit of paper and then cut my on the edge right now. So I carried around my little paper version.
Speaker 3: Of the hinge like an artist illustration, so it was.
Speaker 4: The same size so I can match it up to the ones. But they didn't have it. So I think I have to today look for a specialist hinge.
Speaker 2: That's annoying, isn't it when you think what should be a five minute job turns into having to get a trade to get a hold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so hang on a minute, you got to you reckon. You're looking for a specialist hinge store. Well, who is earning coin these days from a specialist hinge store? The hinges are us.
Speaker 4: There must be a store that hingers has.
Speaker 3: Jim got hinges, Jim's hinges.
Speaker 4: Maybe Doors Plus, but Doors Plus do a lot of hinges.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think they do. Do shower screens, yes.
Speaker 4: Because I tried to go to a specialist shower screen guy. It's like, I'll fix any shower screen, and I sent him the problem. He's like, no, I can't fix it. I can only do it. I can only do your whole new shower screen for eight hundred and fifty.
Speaker 3: All right, So give us a call, tell us what you're up to this weekend? What time you knocking off? Today, your choice when you come on any of our merch from the show cupboard.
Speaker 4: Yes, cheers from a Christian can show pen, a fringe magnet, a pair of socks, or a Christian show mug.
Speaker 3: All right, Ja, I watch it, I mean knocking off today. And what's the highlight this weekend for you?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: I've still got a tab open to Jerry Springer episode titles Ninja trailer.
Speaker 4: Park, they love martial arts. What I know?
Speaker 3: Kung Fu? I know kung Fu, and then it was kung Fu Hill Billy as well seven twenty four Gold one four point three. Uh, Kelly's the certain summations Jack about your hinge problem with your shower door showers screen tell Jack to try forge hardware online for his hinge. I bet they've got.
Speaker 4: It forge hardware online.
Speaker 3: Thank you now. Yesterday, towards the end of the show, Patsy shared an amazing story with us, and we're calling this one like a kind of Jerry Springer episode. I shouldn't have seen that. That's too mild. That would have been too mard for the Jerry Springer Show. But Patsy share the story again about what you saw from your local dry cleaders.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I picked up audery school uniform. Was very particular about the plates and they had attached a yellow note pinned it onto the skirt. They should have taken it off first because it said very fussy customer plates are to be done correctly or something customer bit when was being specific fussy.
Speaker 3: But the exactness you need is to tone. The exactness you needed that that skirt pleated for a school uniform. Yes, there's no remorse. Will you be going back?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, Yeah, they're lovely. They're fantastic, but they are.
Speaker 4: You essentially know they're talking about you behind your back.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day. It's really seriously. Yes, no, they're brilliant. We take all our stuff there. They are great.
Speaker 3: All right, So we're looking for your stories. I shouldn't have seen that, Diana. I once wrote something about a friend to private message and that Linda is really bugging me lately, and I accidentally said it directly to her. I sent a text to my ex by mistake. It was meant for my current partner. It said, and this is the polite version, Christian, get your clothes off, see you soon. That's awful. If you're getting over a breakup and you go, oh shots you, Oh no, that's the new dude, the mind will go like mister Bright's side, go to the dark side. I once forwarded an email to a customer after I'd forwarded to a to supply saying painful customer always on my back. It went straight to them. Had to wrangle my way out of that one, all right, So what shouldn't have you seen? Like Patsy's very fairy fussy customer note, what were the things that you shouldn't have seen? Or it might have accidentally happened to somebody else?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show podcast, What.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't You Have Seen? Christian? When I was fourteen, I stole my teacher's password to the online student management system and would mark myself present. They tried it down the fairest Boder's Day Off, didn't they? They try to hanck into the computer system a stream of being able to do something like that. So this morning on nine four one four one o four three, we're asking you what shouldn't you have seen? Alicia? About when I was in school, My mum wrote in a Christmas card that she was going to surprise me with a trip to the US of A. I was literally sitting next to her card in the envelope. She didn't realize I was reading at the same time, and then had to fake my surprise about it. On Christmas Christian I, my husband sent a rather explicit text message detailing what he was going to do to me when he got home to the cashier at work. I sure he did. Sure, okay Friday, Yeah I bet that cashier accident. I was sure it was meant for you, missus. Yeah, no doubt that's what happened. Whatever he said. It is.
Speaker 6: Rob alone.
Speaker 3: Hello Rob, So what shouldn't you have seen?
Speaker 6: Years ago? I was chaperoning my younger sister and her first boyfriends on their first time away for a weekend.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you went away with them?
Speaker 6: I went away with them. The only way my parents would allow them to go away together was if I went with them.
Speaker 3: What a great form of conception.
Speaker 6: On that side. It didn't sort of go quite the way that my parents would have liked it, because we went to the snow and I thought they'd gone for a walk, So I went down to the room and to grab some stuff out of the bedroom and they were just finishing up on second on special cattle time.
Speaker 3: Position time.
Speaker 6: They did it two days in a row, so.
Speaker 3: Actually you would not once is an accident. Twice.
Speaker 6: I couldn't believe it the second time, but the first time I thought, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: For me, finish up again, my watch again. If this was a Jerry Springer episode World's Worst Chaperone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 3: Podcast Amazing email come in here from Kathy Sullivan, Christian listener to the show today. I'm also a fellow big Bruce Springsteen fan. I've arranged for me and my husband to leave Melbourne next week to go on our first ever trip to Europe. We are going to Dublin, like you to see Bruce Springsteen. Are you going on the fifth of May? I am. It's next Friday night. We are going as well. We would love to meet up if you're up for it, to buy you a pint. Kathy, I'm up for this. I will buy you the first one. You and your husband can buy me the second one. Let's do this. What a chance of that She's this this morning and I'm saying I'm off twider next Thursday. It's about my fifty. That's my present, and I'm seeing Springsteen next Friday night. I think he's got like this the first of five nights there. What a our listeners is going to be in that same it's an open as Stadium's gonna be chilly next Frida night. I'd love to meet up for a pone goodness, that's.
Speaker 4: It very sweet, But the double standards on this show. I'm not allowed to go to a listener's house to eat dinner, but.
Speaker 3: You can go and you know, have an unsolicited invitation. Okay, all right, So on Monday morning on the Breakfast Show at eight am, this starts, well, what if there is no Tomorrow? There wasn't one today? Tens back, four days, crownhog Day? What happened that first step? It's in Gusy brownhog Days, brownhog Days, No Tomorrow, christ you o'connells tomorrow. Forty eight hour marathon, Yeah, starts Monday morning, eight am. We will best play sixteen of you Gold Class, so you're doing it in style. But for forty eight hours you'll be watching honor a beat groundhog Day, which means twenty nine times whoever, if anyone is left at the end of the forty hours, which we since seally doubt anyone who is going to be left sat there at the end of forty hours, but you never know whoever is sat there with this one, two or three of you. It's a share of twenty thousand dollars up for grabs to spend a Chapel Street precinct. Now we have to sixteen seats. It's going to be streams as well. You better watch it whenever you want during the afternoon to see how they're getting on, see if anyone's falling asleep. We have four seats remaining which we have to give away by the end of the day's show. So the lines are on now. If you want to come and join us nine four one four one oh four to three Jack, you've got some of the rules of regulations, because every day I get a lot of emails, not from just some people saying I want in, They want to know how we do this because it's a lot of money and people are going going to go through a big endurance to try and win this.
Speaker 4: It's a hefty document, the old terms and conditions.
Speaker 3: Even well one of our one of the confetitors, said they almost fell asleep just reading the t's and seas online. Not a good time. It's a test. It's a test.
Speaker 4: Just the toilet breaks alone has its own full page.
Speaker 3: It's half for the toilet break. It's just seeing you highlight that. It's a page, an a four page.
Speaker 4: I'm going to skim this because I'm even going to read all of it. But just the attention to Teetael for everything that they've thought of.
Speaker 3: Attention to Ptael, oh, very good.
Speaker 4: Participants will receive one times five minute toilet break per hour per participant. To request a break, each participant will need to raise their hand and if there is no one else in the toilet at that time, they will be escorted by one staff member. The chaperone will enter the bathroom with the participant participant, but not the cubicle.
Speaker 3: The particle to be laid out. What did that needs to put down? To avoid any coming confusion, I need to come in as well. Just unlock it for us. The other way like a way to hand you that f POS machine they look up at the skies, you put your pin number in.
Speaker 4: The participant will have five minutes to use the toilet, which will be timed via a stop watch. So stressful The participant will receive a one minute warning when four minutes have lapsed. When five minutes is up, the staff member will alert the participant they will need to immediately vacate the cubicle. Failure to do so.
Speaker 3: Well sometimes you know, it's like where a number two? You think you're done, You've got to pull the old cats up. Then you're gonna wait for the next hour. Save it.
Speaker 4: You will be disqualified if you don't exit the humicle. The toilet break can be used for the following things only toilet use, changing of underwear, brushing of teeth, or use of deodorant or other hygiene products.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that there's so much details and put into this all right, lines are open ow four remaining seats. Give us a call. Why do you think you do well? Why should you be in?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Starts some Monday morning. Our forty eight hour movie Mouth on Groundog Day is the movie that's going to be played on Loop twenty thousand dollars to the winner. All winners Chapel Street Precinct, Arts, Fashion, Food and Entertainment. Make yourself new memories of the Chapel Street precinct, Rob Lee, you won't recognize the name, but this guy is a fellow man Dragon Backstreet Boys Boys out Christian. I think I could easy doing that on one of the man dragons, Robert. Actually be unfair to put man dragon in. There's why Jack a Jack and I can't take partners, because if you have a man dragon some like that, you'll automatically flex those wings and you will win.
Speaker 4: Well, it's actually amazing that everybody we took to Backstreet Boys stayed awake during the whole thing because we're in road triples end and we could hardly see the stage.
Speaker 3: Actually the worst seats I've ever sat in for any show. All Right, so let's take some cours here. Who wants to be We've got four seats remaining in the cinema Monday morning at eight a m. Nine four one four one four three. Good morning Kate, Good morning Kate. Why should it be you there? Why We've only got four seats left? So make your case, Well.
Speaker 5: You'd saved the best to last. I'm definitely gonna have one of those four seats. I've been in training for this challenge my whole life. If this was an Olympic sport. I'll be winning gold Pertrayer every time.
Speaker 3: Now I got yeah, came on.
Speaker 5: I've got two small children, so my only me time is movie watching and I'll sit up endlessly at night watching things back to back.
Speaker 3: How old are you kids that.
Speaker 5: I've got a four year old and a one and a half year old.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't need month for forty eight hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, they don't. My husband's going to nail it. I've already talked him into it. We've been talking about it for the last two weeks. So I've been listening to all the other challenges and I've got this. The only one I'm a little bit worried about is the cops. But I'll share the money with him.
Speaker 3: On emails for people, that's the one they all keep folks on. They're very worried about. PC.
Speaker 4: Tony makes it sound like you're breaking the lory something.
Speaker 3: You know, one of the most wanted and he's going to go. Goddamn it. I found the big wife.
Speaker 4: Seen that face before water white.
Speaker 3: Is in the water. The chances maybe that's how he's infiltrated this. It was all about getting you to it. Kate. You've got to come and join us. You sound brilliant.
Speaker 5: Good luck, you're in Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: So does a husband know he's in soul charge next week?
Speaker 5: He is, He'll be listening right now, so he's just heard.
Speaker 3: All right, listen, Kate, good luck. We'll see you monday.
Speaker 5: Woo. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Ryan, Good morning, Ryan, here you're going. I'm good. Ryan. So, why we've only got three seats left now in our forty eight hour movie mouth and why should you get one of them?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm an endurance athlete, so I've ran multiple road marathons. I've ran have fifty kilometer Ultra race, the sixty Comera Ultra Race that I did on the weekend. I've ran a lot of races, so I believe my you know, endurance with running and all that sort of stuff will get me through the forty eight hours. I've also run a forty eight hour running challenge. For forty eight hours, I ran every four hours, I run seven kilometers.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was a little sleep for David Goggins. Put him. As we've got David Goggins on the line, this is you are actually a proper insurance athlete. You've got to come in.
Speaker 8: Bloody ohs that cake girl.
Speaker 6: Don't worry about her.
Speaker 9: She's got kids, She's probably exhausted.
Speaker 8: I've got the fresh I'm ready.
Speaker 3: I love that he's going to have all those gel packs vastine on his nipples.
Speaker 4: That's totally different type of insurance though, Like, am I what you've done right?
Speaker 3: But your movie this is opposite. Yeah, I'd be curious to see you hang it on. Thank you very much, Goggins. You're in all right. That means there are two remaining seats.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Can't Wait for Up Monday and the forty eight hour movie Mouth And I don't know whether anyone's going to still be there at the end of the forty eight hours. I'm not sure, but who knows what's gonna happen. But I'm just curious to see checking over a wonder the end of the day when we come back on like Tuesday morning, if there's any if they will respond, it's done like after twenty hours, So throughout the day, Huggy and Tony and Hige will be giving you updates and calling people in there and seeing how they're going on as well. And you can watch it we're going to be streaming on our Christian O'Connell Facebook page. You can watch it twenty four to seven as well. Well, what forty eight hours depending on how they got on. So we've got last two seats in the cinema Uday roundhog Days, No tomorrow, Christian o'connells or tomorrow forty eight moving marathon. All right, there's only sixteen seats in the forty eight hour movie mouth and it is the Village Cinema's gold class recline. At your peril, I would I I assonous, he would not touch that record?
Speaker 4: Upright straighter?
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: It's a pair of seats, is all we got left right the front row, five and six next to each other. So wondering this morning if there's a couple that wanted to do it together. Brothers and sisters.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 3: Four one four one O four three Peena, Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning peen. All right, forty eight hour movie marathon. You looking to bring someone with you?
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm going to bring my son with me.
Speaker 3: And how old is your son?
Speaker 10: He will be twenty one in June.
Speaker 3: All right, and is he up for this as well?
Speaker 10: He definitely is my son. He is professional unpaid gamer, so he sits. He sits at a computer screen eighteen nineteen twenty hours, you know, on UNI holidays.
Speaker 1: He's there day in.
Speaker 10: Day out, barely goes to the toilet, and yeah, needs his food fed to him and things like that. Because it's something important not to get out of the game.
Speaker 4: You don't really go and feed him his food. Yeah, it's like a Mama Beird.
Speaker 3: It was a Cherry Springer episode, Mama bird.
Speaker 10: Yeah it is, you know, like a little bird. You chew it all up and.
Speaker 3: You give it that become too spring.
Speaker 4: Does he actually know about this?
Speaker 10: He doesn't know. He's actually sleeping because he actually went to bed at about three this morning.
Speaker 4: So I can't put him in with that.
Speaker 3: Even knowing about this sleep, you know what.
Speaker 10: It would be a breeze for him. He doesn't need to sleep. These games.
Speaker 3: You chewing up the popcorn and spit into his mouth, Peanut and nice truck. Those we can't have scenes like that. It's in the rules and regulations, I'm sure somewhere in the teas and seas now Mumber birding or Papa birding hashtag Papa bird Have we got here? Gavin or Sarah.
Speaker 6: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 11: I think we are This is right down our alley with the kind of people who like driving for two days just to go up and visit my dad every year rather than flying. We just like spending so much time together.
Speaker 4: Is your wife with you now?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: She is? It doesn't sound like it's not inflatable. What has happened on Springer's passing? Can we hear her?
Speaker 10: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Is this Sarah?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: Sarah and Sarah? And are you up for this as well? Going in the cinema together for forty eight hours?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 3: Why not? Will you sound more reluctant? You sound reluctant. Where's Gavin is up for it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: No, I'm actually quite excited about it. I think it could be amazing. What a think to what a story to have to tell that. I think Gavin is an absolute he's a real shot at this. He doesn't seem to need to sleep at all. He Yeah, I think he's got a real chance. He's he's definitely an athlete.
Speaker 3: And how many How long have you two been together?
Speaker 11: Have we married? Nearly twenty years now?
Speaker 3: Amazing and he's still spending so much time together.
Speaker 11: We do I know it's yeah, it's weird, but no, this, you know, this would be great. And you know, watching the movie, we don't even have to talk.
Speaker 4: So don't really have to get it.
Speaker 3: Still working on that, all right, might be you stay there, let's try jam on here, Jamon. Hey, I'm good Jaymon. So why do you want to take part in our movie marathon? Well?
Speaker 9: I just heard my brother call up before and he's got in claim and he's an arson runner and as weet ah yes.
Speaker 3: Recording him David Goggins, Ryan's your brother.
Speaker 10: In the marathons.
Speaker 11: And if I could sit next to him, I reckon, I could finally him at a marathon.
Speaker 6: I reckon, I've got him. I've got him on toast.
Speaker 3: Working together but working against each other. This is amazing.
Speaker 10: This is going to be Rather, we've got a strong rivay together with close mates.
Speaker 9: We're a couple of years apart, and he always gets me on the races.
Speaker 6: But I reckon, I've got him in a movie theater.
Speaker 4: Do you want to see it right next to him? Jamon? Do you want us to shuffle the cinema so he's at the opposite side.
Speaker 12: Now I'll sit next to him so I can throw on the elbows, you know, keeping.
Speaker 3: The elbow war on that little sharing thing. Listen, Jamon, you've got to go in. You're the last one in.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, yes, yes, yes, yes, this is awesome.
Speaker 11: You brothers and your watchers fighting it out.
Speaker 6: We'll be there for forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: You watch'd be amazing. If it's two brothers at the are we actually got one? We've got one more sea all right, so jaime on you're definitely mate. We'll see you Monday.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show on Monday show. Then be listening to start at all eight a groundhog Day being played non stop for forty hours to sixteen of you. There's only one. It's just falling this way. There's one last remaining seat. We're just putting a second brother. So it's actually going to be two battling brothers. I just presume they were going to work together. Let's take each other of this is amazing. All's got one last seat and it must go right now. Let's try Braiden. It might be you. Braiden. Good morning, Harry, Christian, I'm good. Braiden went on getting through, So why should it be you? Braiden definitely me.
Speaker 12: I've got the ability. When I was a little bit, a little bit younger, I did a Mayra sixty four mari cut sort of marathon with my mates to try and break the record. We got thirty hours in and we pulled a pin and realized we were a bit nowhere near it. The record was about one hundred and hours.
Speaker 4: So you didn't look up the record before you start?
Speaker 11: Yeah, oh not really. We just thought we'd go until we go and.
Speaker 3: Then always the best going to take on a world record, isn't it just start? I wonder if I've done it. I always want to have my own version. The Guinness World Record called half passed records, I'll put you in Breaden American. But thirty hours is still very good, pretty good. Yeah, this is when you were a student. Yeah, all right, Bradon, it might be you. Stay there. Let's speak to Ryan. Come on and Ryan, good day, guys. How's it going good? Right? So we've got one remaining seat, Ryan, why should it be yours?
Speaker 9: It should definitely be my seat. I recently just came back from Mexico. Decided to go the cheapest route, which sent me the other way around the world. So I went from Mexico to Barcelona, Barcelona to Dubai, Dubai to Melbourne, all in one hit about an hour in each destination just to get off the planet onto the next one. So it was about thirty nine hours, forty hours of flying and one of the legs, my entertainment.
Speaker 6: System didn't work.
Speaker 9: So I watched the Welcome to the Vie video about eight hundred times.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they got that sorttle classical music and it's so everybody's smiling to your yeah.
Speaker 9: Middle Eastern market.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Ryan, it's you. Seriously, you've already proven your endurance. I think this might be easier actually watching that on a loop.
Speaker 10: I think I've got it.
Speaker 3: In the Bad Boys, Yes, Willy Fogg, you are in the last seat, goes to you around the world, Willy Fog, Ryan the other last one in good luck. We'll see you Monday.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, so we have our sixteen good luck to all the athletes. Take about Monday morning. Tune in that so it will start Monday morning at eight, will hit play on Groundhole Day for the first play of twenty nine and we'll see what happens over the forty hours. Thank you. Very much. I mean, there's still loads of you trying to call in, so many emails, so many really really funny emails. But thank you so much everyone who's driven this. Really we started all thinking and wonder if any of you be up for it, even doing it twenty four hours and to have all these in sixteen weird and wonderful characters there, it's gonna be great fun whatever happens. Starts Monday morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: I have my hands here quite the story. You know. Yesterday on the show, Patsy was talking about so It Jehovah's witness, all the Mormons who came around Patsy fore months. Adam was listening to us yesterday and called the show to share a story. And his email is saying, Christian, I'm Adam. I'm writing to you at the insistence of your very excited producer Caitlin. She has got great energy. She there's a lot of bouncing on the chair during a show, you know, fair as you love. It's got high energy, to whom I told her. Shaun's version of the story, inspired by Patsy's early morning encounter with the doorstep Mormons, rewind thirty years. I'm in year twelve, lived only a few blocks away from my high school, so my friends and I were duck over to my place during the day when conditions permitted, to raise my muma's fridge and watch TV. One day, a friend and I had a spare period leading to lunch break, which meant we had a solid two hours between classes. We went around to my place to watch Predator on VHS. We're sitting in my lounge room, watching the movie and joining it. I look out the window and across the front lawn I see the all too familiar sight of Jehovah's. The lounge room was near the house's front entrance, and I left the wooden door open. Only a screen door, thankfully hard to see through, separated us from the front. Verandah Ap paused the movie before they got an earshot, with our plan being that we'd sit there in silence and pretend nobody was own.
Speaker 8: Mo.
Speaker 3: I need you to do some production here, not knock you do the knock, knock, knock, dug duck. We didn't flinch. Twenty seconds later they knock again, knock, knock, knock. We stayed silent to Jehovah's witnesses was silent too.
Speaker 4: Knock, knockduck, just want to talk to you about God.
Speaker 3: Fellow EON's passed. I started to wonder if they somehow knew we were in the house. Maybe they'd seen us walk home from school and followed us. Or maybe the Jehovah's have some sort of infra red body seating heat technology just like Predator. There's another knock at the door, knock, knock, knock. This was getting unsettling. Why wouldn't they leave? We couldn't answer the door. If they did, they'd know we'd been hiding from them. But we couldn't stay like this forever. The clock was ticking and we needed to finish year twelve. Then, amazingly, mora acxiously from the front doorstep another sound effects need near far.
Speaker 4: From the Jehovahs.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh, My friend and I looked at each other, partly in disbelief and partly cooking for validation. We hadn't imagined it. One of the Jehovah's had fared at my Muma's pouch. If I could describe the fart, it was hesitant at first, but increased in confidence volume.
Speaker 4: In pitch once the doors were opened. The doors a rope.
Speaker 3: That's it. As it continued, and Christian continued, it had I'm not prone to hyperbole, but imagine the worst time you've ever had to suppress laughter, and then times that by one trillion. This is where I become a lesser reliable narrator. It's all with the blur off. At this point, I remember writhing on the lounge and floor, try not to laugh. I can't remember where. There's me and my friend who broke first, which one of us did? The other joined in. Jovah's witness, who must have heard us losing it left solemnly. My friend and I went on to finish year twelve. We think about this instant and I do a lot. Thanks for the show. That's not Adam, Adam, that is a great story. Do you know, Monday we should talk about those times. It's an amazing feeling when you have to suppress laughter, isn't it, like christ the worst thing to start laughing right now? It magnifies it and amplifies it. So if that's ever happened to you, like Adam, please email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. But Adam, we will send you something that's an epic story well told.
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time for This Morning's Time Waster, Oh for grabs today. Then you can now win a twelve month subscription to stan brilliant steaming service at the Moment Our tips on Stan who didn't used to love back in the day? The oc Ah So yeah, oh, start watching, just watch random episodes the music I remember on the CDs. Oh yeah, yeah. I love doing a TV show. Do it surprise sometimes.
Speaker 4: But it's a story based episode.
Speaker 2: It's one of those that you just pick up along the way and.
Speaker 3: We're not watching Shakespeare or something. Oh, I don't understand the through line with this. It's the it's all up there. Actually very good. The other show that I always love, recommended to people because it is so good is Yellowstone Five Scenes at Christ where we love God loves.
Speaker 2: That, adores it and all the spinoffs, isn't Matthew McConaughey is doing a spinoff? What's that one about? Something to do with Yellowstone? It's like another the latest sign.
Speaker 3: Think is called Stone? Yellow is it?
Speaker 4: We know nothing about it?
Speaker 3: Honestly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, he's doing a spinoff which I can't wait for.
Speaker 3: What do you like? On Stan Passy, What do you recommend?
Speaker 6: Love?
Speaker 2: Writing to Your Honor? They're into the second season with Brian Kranston.
Speaker 3: It's brilliant, Jackie Boy, What have you been streaming? On stands?
Speaker 4: Didn't stand to watch Ben Affleck's back catalog. I listened to an interview with Ben Affleck on a podcast this week on SmartLess.
Speaker 3: It's great, isn't it? He charmed for me can He's a great actor and director.
Speaker 4: So I want to go and see Air this week.
Speaker 3: You'll love it. It's a really good movie.
Speaker 4: But in the meantime, I've gone back to Goodwill Hunting the Town. This is all in the last week, Gone Baby Gone, and I watched Argo for the first time. I've never seen Argo.
Speaker 3: I'll go It's an amazing director. That Academy Ward Gone Baby Gone is the one with his brother and he's not in that as Casey Afflet.
Speaker 4: Did you mean Gone Girl?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. Yeah, his brothers in that. You're going through a whole afflic family. How great is good Will Hunting? I love that?
Speaker 4: One of the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, so you went down forree you at the time? Where today medical movies is what we're after, the medical movies. All right, what are the doctors and nurses watching in the hospital, So I'll tell you what they're watching. Her piece goes bananas, Silver class, Silence of the limbs, Silver spongebath SquarePants.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 3: I still give people.
Speaker 2: Do that anymore. Just let your right in your bed.
Speaker 3: All awful, Harold's son a headline Michell started early today. Hospital start, it's good, lucky. If you have to go to Weerabe High or Saint Elmo's Weeraby, what have you got there? Field Hospital? You must have the triage dude, where's my catheter?
Speaker 4: Gold?
Speaker 3: And weekend at Gourney's Gold All right, Jackie boy, what have you.
Speaker 4: Got Billy medicine?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's also very good. Gold.
Speaker 4: We're in the surgery now, Lucky, you've got Edward's steady hands.
Speaker 3: That's very good. Gold.
Speaker 4: Blast and say ah ah men who stirre at throats?
Speaker 3: That's good yeah Silver.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, but very lucky.
Speaker 3: Huggy is always right behind it. He just pumped into the studio. It's a little bit upset. Apparently he'd offers to management to go down and be in the forty ye our movie marathon as one of those as spotters. But her management said, no, thank you. I don't know if it was you gonna have Huggy walking people to the toilet. We can't bless him listen for his generosity, but the best would enjoyment. It's just a dre.
Speaker 6: We do any Huggy, They.
Speaker 3: Said, no, hang around the cubicles like this. No, he's a he's a big supporter.
Speaker 4: He's a huge supporter of the show.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, there's a cubicle that needs spotting, that guy's there. He's our cubicle brother and life for one of grateful Huggy see your rhinals all right, excuse me? Hospital movies, hospital movies up for grabs and Jackie Boy remember best in show Stan for a year? All right? Four section of Funeral Gold World down, Fraser Edwards, stir up hands. Who's that? Christopher Davis? Well done? Uh Defribrillator, Miss Daisy Silver thrush hour Silver. I don't think you can osborn that you ask you for a friend, Enema of the State. I'm a getting the snip Silver when hammerhoids me, Sally, I don't like it, Marcus, that doesn't work. You me and her peace, silver shaving Ryan's privates to prep him for surgery. Matta first grade, very good, juice, bigelow, medical tiggerlow, almost rector, doesn't I wanted to swallow it? Sil someone type it out on the phone. There must have been an auto create going No one needs to send it. Kind of work to someone. And finally you know you love missus? Howis to Paris? Missus Harris gets a boot job? No wow, son, Rachel? Those last two there wreck and Ralph and missus Harris gets some boot job. What's happening listeners.
Speaker 4: It's the biggest laughs. Let's give it to Rachel.
Speaker 3: Rachel, you went to stand free?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's all now about Monday morning, eight am. Sixteen of you will go into a cinema Village Cinema's Gold Class at the Chapel Street Precinct. Forty hour movie mouth and we'll begin eight am Monday morning. Groundhog Day is the movie that if they make it through the forty hours, they will see twenty nine times. Now, Jack, you have a bell in front of you. Why is this important? For Monday?
Speaker 4: This will be how everybody exits the cinema. It will be at the front of the movies, and as they decide that they want no more part in the forty eight hour movie marathon, they'll step to the front. They'll say, my name is Jack, I've seen Groundhog Day fourteen times and I'm out.
Speaker 3: This is great. This is great. So when we come back for Tuesday show, we may hear a few of those to play out or have nuns. I'm on, do we actually do we think anyone's going to make Fortyer.
Speaker 4: I'm slipped now. I'm reckon for the money and just for the honor of it. I think we'll see somebody get.
Speaker 3: To the end here. Yeah, we well find out. We don't know what's going to happen. So it all starts Monday morning. So there's sixteen of you in there here. Let's meet the endurance athletes.
Speaker 2: Athletes thusday PC Tony just checking in after another long night at surveillance, sitting in the car.
Speaker 4: Forty eight hours too easy.
Speaker 3: My friend young.
Speaker 9: School seas I want to work anywhere in the film industry. I wouldn't mind just doing the slate at the start of the film for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: Yogi as a trainer and Bloody's instructor and yoga instructor.
Speaker 10: I've got some techniques to keep us all awake.
Speaker 6: Sleeping Beauty Walker, stay awake watching a movie.
Speaker 3: If I tried the roller coaster I want was on a roller coaster for forty hours for the forty hour fam and what Juck Steve. I watched this movie every year on ground Hole Day, and I have.
Speaker 9: Done so for the last twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Blank Slate.
Speaker 4: I've never I've seen Groundhog Day, and I've only seen Bill Murray in fake jams.
Speaker 5: VET with a lot of hours when we're on call, I've thirty six hours see Insomniac. I'm up all night as it is, and I barely sleep during your day, So I'm going to smash it.
Speaker 9: Willie Fox, one of the leaders. My entertainment just didn't work, so I watched the Welcome to Survive video about eight hundred times.
Speaker 3: Destiny.
Speaker 5: If this is an Olympic sport, I'll be winning gold pert Ray every time.
Speaker 1: Battling brothers.
Speaker 8: Ryan Well, I'm a endurance athlete. I've also run a forty eight hour running challenge.
Speaker 6: And Jamon he always seeks to in the marathons.
Speaker 11: And if I just sitting next to him, I reckon I could finally eating at a marathon.
Speaker 3: This is great. It's a strong field, all great competitors. Good luck till sixteen. It all happens Monday morning. Join them.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast