Speaker 1: Gooday, welcome to the Mason Cox Show. No, I'm not Mason Cox. I'm hardly even six foot tall. My name is Braydon Cox. But I am joined by the six ' ten American Australian duel citizen, Mason Cox. It's been a big week. How's it been been.
Speaker 2: A massive week. I'm one of you now, I'm officially Australian.
Speaker 1: You're one of us.
Speaker 3: I know it's.
Speaker 1: Well, you're an Australian now, Maceon, let's jump straight into the ceremony which took Australia by storm. You were trending Australia wide. Talk us through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's probably some positive news to come out of Collingwood as probably what everyone was pretty desperate for.
Speaker 3: So No, it was. It was amazing. It was an amazing day.
Speaker 2: It was very fortunate enough that cong would actually put on the function at the mcg so they paid for it, which was pretty amazing and just a really like umbling experience. I know people kind of think and there's probably maybe something we take for advantage.
Speaker 3: I say, we you know, this is weird.
Speaker 2: I'm saying we nowadays us, you know, we take for advantage. I guess the freedoms and the kind of liberties we have today, and I don't know, like kind of being there at one hundred and nine of the people getting citizenship, there was people with some amazing backgrounds and I'm sure amazing stories.
Speaker 3: I didn't have a lot of.
Speaker 2: Time to interact with people because I was doing a lot of media and stuff for it, but just some of the emotion that came out of people I was started going up to get their citizenship, Like people were like full on bawling and like losing it. And I can only fathom, I guess, like these people who are probably refugees from another country or people you know that I've been in dire circumstances that are now you know, found this new hope in Australia and now have moved to this country with a whole new kind of life ahead of them. And yeah, it was really like emotional on the DIY, Like I didn't think I would get that emotional, but seeing other people and how much of mentum was was pretty amazing because I'm super fortunate where I've just kind of been able to walk into this where for a lot of people there's a whole new start on life.
Speaker 1: And the ceremony was huge, obviously put on by Calling and You Coach Craig McCrae was there, Collingwood CEO Mark Anderson, and the Lord Mayor, your friend, the Lord Mayor, Sally cap big Collingwood fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she's the first female board member at Collingwood. She's also the Lord Mayor of Melbourne, so she's gone on to do some pretty amazing things. And she's a ceremonial kind of like induction person for citizenship, so she was able to induct me in as a citizen, which was really cool because I'm like good friends of.
Speaker 3: Her and staff.
Speaker 1: I think it was cool for both of you.
Speaker 2: She love she loved it, and we were big fans of and she's such a good speaker and she could tell she just has done a few of these obviously and with the way she's spoke and everything else is just spot on and told some pretty amazing stories. And then Mark Anderson CEO went up there and said some words, and then we had I think there was a representative from a federal standpoint was up there and had some people from like the original part of my journey, like some of the people have been with me for eight years now that have kind of seen me grown as a human and grown as a football player and everything else that we're able to kind of show up and represent, which was was awesome. It was like cool, get citizenship and then just see all these people who have kind of made you who you are, which is like just amazing. The mom and dad were there, which is awesome. They got some media times.
Speaker 1: So Phil Phil pretty much every news program.
Speaker 2: He's got a lot of media this week, between the Dad's Day we had and the goal kicking extravaganza he had, which was hilarious.
Speaker 3: I'll actually real the tape on that one, but a clip.
Speaker 1: Of him kicking, I don't know, he probably needs a few more pointed.
Speaker 3: And he was like he's in the Goald square. I'm pretty sure he was.
Speaker 1: Not far out real straight leg technique. It was weird.
Speaker 4: It was it was. It was he's got a long way to go. Let's just say that we all start somewhere. And the frame wasn't wide enough. It could have really sailed off the boot maybe fifty six. The frame was goal kicking distance, probably like father, like Sondra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know, confidence, confidence is there?
Speaker 2: Accuracy question of all times. But it has been a massive week and it's been pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: The coach Craig McRae was there. He I heard him speaking about it on se and he was involved in the ceremony and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even his wife was involved. Yeah, so Gabb's his wife. And this is a funny story behind it, right. So I was the first one to go up. They kind of you know, they say everyone's name, kind of like graduation style. You know, someone goes up and then the next person they said the name, they go up and get the citizenship.
Speaker 3: I was the first one.
Speaker 2: The next two people actually my best friends here in Australia, so they are American and they were getting their citizenship also. And I go up there and I knew kind of like everyone in the front row. So there was like, you know, the federal leader or the federal representative. Then there was Mark Anderson, there was Craig mccrane and his wife Gab, and then there were some other like kind of people that were you know, representatives from a government standpoint. So I went up there and I shook Mark's hand, I shook Craig's hand like you know, gave Gab the kiss on the cheek, whatever you're gonna call it. And the next people will come up all my friends who also know them because they have been in my journey for a long time, so they do the same thing. Yeah, So then they set this precedent that everyone has to shake everyone's hand.
Speaker 3: And then Gab is just Craig's wife.
Speaker 2: She's all of a sudden now like a representative of and everyone's like super excited like shaking her hand.
Speaker 3: One guy gave her a high five.
Speaker 2: At some point she was just eating up, but she just took it, like took it while. It was so funny. I was absolutely dying laughing. The whole ceremony, one hundred and nine people rolled through, a whole one hundred and nine of them essentially. It was so good, It was so funny. It was so much fun. Man, The whole thing was a great day.
Speaker 1: And of course the ceremony took place at the MCG, which is pretty crazy. I mean, you wouldn't have known it existed, you know, ten years ago, and now it's it's pretty much your second home. So what did it mean for you the ceremony taking place at the MCG.
Speaker 2: There was a full circle moment, like I'm talking about that of Remember the first time I came to Melbourne, I went out and walked out with the IFL and I think Congood at the time, and they kind of were like, oh, this is the Melbourne crooking around. You know, this is like one of the most iconic places in Australia and one of the most iconic stadiums in the world. And I was like, I had no idea what it was, so I was just kind of like, Okay, we'll go walk over there and check it out.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We walk in the colisseum of like the MCG and you kind of see the expansive kind of seats that go out into this, you know, this massive stadium and they walk us out onto the ground and like this is it's pretty like you're not allowed really to walk out onto the ground. So there's definitely some you know, some tape we had to kind of cross and whatnot. But we went into the center circle and never forget and they were just like someone whoever was it was the AFL Collingwood kind of you know, sat there and said this could be your office and I was like, either, you know, you got to Houston and working in engineering job behind a cubicle essentially, or you could sit here and play at the MCG in front of crowds of eighty thousand plus to one hundred thousand. And that was kind of like the moment where I was like, I think my life's about to change for going down this path into like IFL because this is something that's not going to ever come around again and an opportunity I couldn't say no to. So it's cool to see at the MCG kind of full circle moment and like I said, like pretty emotional. I think like being there and just everything happening so much and having those kind of people involved was was an amazing kind of life achievement. That there's moments in life you never forget. You never forget, you'd never forget those kind of details of everything that happens that day, and that was definitely one of those moments.
Speaker 1: So where does that come from? You know, not everyone can leave a safe job, pack up and move to a foreign country in the pursuit of a pretty crazy opportunity, like you didn't know much about what you were getting into, really, So where does that adventurous personality come from?
Speaker 2: I think I'm the youngest of three brothers, so three boys from mom God bless her, and I think we all like kind of enjoyed travel. We all loved, you know, getting out doing different things, and we're all very active lifestyles. And in the US, at eighteen, you kind of go off to college and you kind of start your own life out there and you don't live at home. Really a lot of people move away and go to different cities and stuff to go to university, and that was the case for myself, my other two brothers, and I think once we did that, there's not many people. I guess that a lot of people don't stay in the same home, like don't go back to their hometown. Like in Australia, you kind of go, you know, if you're from Melbourne and go to Union and Melbourne and you stay in Melbourne, you work in Melbourne, et cetera. Where Like that's not really necessarily the case in the US. And I think after university we all moved to different cities and did different things. And obviously myself, like I finished Union, I thought I was gonna move to Houston, but.
Speaker 3: Then I ended up moving to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: And we always just had this love for travel. I always loved it, and we're very independent. I think my family compared with other families I met, and I think we all just loved kind of going out and experiencing new things. We all kind of have this mindset of like, you only do this one time. You know, you only go around this life once, so why not make the most of it and see what's possible.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of like my life motto. It's like, you know, I take risks.
Speaker 2: If you fail, you learn from it, you move on, you know, and you know it might seem like a really you know, tough thing to deal with at the time, but I guarantee you in five ten years time, we'll kind of look back and be.
Speaker 3: Like, ah, whatever, it is, what it is.
Speaker 2: But it led to me, you know, to the opportunities I have today. So that was probably the biggest thing. And it was I mean, it was a massive question mark for me moving over here. Like I'm not going to sit there and say like, oh, I knew what AFL was.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 2: It's been a life goal of mine and I always dreamed of being an AFL player, Like that was not something I thought of. But there's one moment I was in Saint Kilda Beach. I've talked about this before as I was with my brother whenever he came out here on our trip over here, and we sat down and never forget the place and where it was at the time, and he said, you know, a degree doesn't expire, but opportunities like this will. And that was some of the best advice I've ever got my life. And he's like, now I've worked a job, I've done it for you know, five ten years, and you know it's great alrea get paid and all that kind of stuff, But like, would I rather be working out for a living and being able to kind of, you know, have a bit more say in my in my career as far as you know where it's going to go and how you're going to how much you can get paid, and contracts and everything else. Like it's so unique the way the AFL is and in a job sense of being employed by someone where comparatively to you know, being employed by a big company, you're just kind of a number. Where at Collingwood you can kind of make your own career and make something like totally unique out of it, which I've tried to do over the years. You know, I don't think I'm really similar to any other person really in the IFL. I'm very unique and just different and like to say my own say and do things in a different way.
Speaker 3: And yeah, hopefully people will enjoy it.
Speaker 1: So I guess it's probably fair to say that you love Australia. Now you're an Australian. What compelled you to kind of make the decision to become a citizen and stay here and when, I guess did that love really start to flourish?
Speaker 3: Oh man, this kind of sounds a bit cocky, to be honest. I'll tell this.
Speaker 2: I've never really told this story, but I remember when I first came to Melbourne. I remember going over the would be the Balty the Balty Bridge. I remember driving past and they're like, oh, that's the that's my Marvel Stadium it is now, but back then it would have been Eddie had Stadium. That's the AFL. You know, that's where you can, you know, you'll be doing a bit of work. And then like, you know, here's Melbourne as a city. And I kind of thought back to that. I thought, how cool to be to kind of be like like known in the world, like away from home. You know, like in a place that's like unique, you know, and be, you know, create this lifestyle and just different life away from you know, everything you possibly could have imagined and essentially have a second chance at doing something totally. And I was kind of my mindset going into it. I was like, you got nothing to lose, Like, why not just make it the most unique, amazing opportunity and experience you could possibly think of. And that's kind of been my motto for a long time. But there's just there's been so many people on my way that have helped me out. I don't think there's been one moment in my life where I've gone, oh my gosh, I'm going to stay here for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I think it's been accumulative over the years and the people I've met, and without those connections and stuff, I definitely.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't be here.
Speaker 2: There's no chance, and I wouldn't be wanting to stay here for the rest of my life if it wasn't for those people that have made this experience so amazing. But I think in general, man like I've just fallen in love with the people that make up this country. Like I think it's very different from America and people definitely, you know, they work to live, not live to work. I always say, that's like just how Australian mentality and culture is. It's like Americans think of Australia, I think, oh, there's some some dudes chilling on the beach, you know, shakas and we're I'll just live in the dream now, like surfing, chilling, riding kangaroos, man like chilling, you know, like it's the kind of like California vibe. But I've come to realize there's so much more than that here in this country. And it's something I've really fallen in love with. Like it's amazing man like meaning people like yourself who you know, very passionate about what they do and want to do something different and want to you know, start their own thing and be able to kind of create their own pathway in life. It's pretty unique to anywhere else I've really kind of experienced. So it's something I've fallen in love with. I've fallen in love with the people, and the place of Melbourne's been an amazing you know, it's rated I think number one most Liverpool city in the world.
Speaker 3: For she's like fifty years straight for a reason, you know. It's yeah, yeah, yeah, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: It is a credit to it, man, It's a reason I think there's a lot of people want to move here. And it's like this amazing kind of day to day life that people really enjoy and there's amazing people that kind of make it a unique culture.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine it's been all smooth sailing. There would have been some hard times in your personal life and in your football life. How did you cope being so far away from your family, your friends and that kind of support structure.
Speaker 3: It was a bit of as a learning curve.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I think with anything, I wasn't really understood how hard it was going to be initially, like because whenever you don't have your core group of friends and stuff to lean on, you just kind of had people in America who didn't know what you were doing and didn't understand the situation you were in.
Speaker 3: It was tough for those first two or three years.
Speaker 2: I remember like breaking down on like out in the on the track with like Craig McCrae and Anthony Rock and I couldn't kick a goal because I was like shit at kicking a football, you know, and I was like, oh am I not getting this? Why am I not getting this? And it takes time and practice and everything else. I remember just breaking down and crying at training and crying the ice bass and you know, over the like probably eight years I've been playing, there's been like moments where you rock up and you just break down the parking lots, you're just like, I just don't want to go in today. Like it's just like tough times where you just really are at your kind of end of your rope and you just don't know who to go to and you don't know who to talk to, and.
Speaker 3: It's just a it's a struggle. But that's footy.
Speaker 2: I think you learn from those tough times of like how much you can actually go through and get out the other hand. And you know, you get to other times where, you know, I think back to like twenty seventeen, I was like, oh man, do I ever want to play footy again? Or twenty sixteen do I want to play foot again? Then and have amazing years like twenty eighteen where it's you know, life changing and you have such amazing experiences and you go, I'm so grateful that I stuck with it and was able to kind of get through those hard times come and enjoy the good times, and it makes those good times so much better. But even recently with COVID, like getting moved to a different state and being away from friends and family and your support network and everything else. Like, yes, we're very fortunate in the sense that, you know, we were given opportunities that a lot of people here in Melbourne didn't have. But it doesn't mean that a lot of the players were taken away from their families and their networks and stuff that really keep them on a level playing field as far as mental health. And like, there was times there where I was unsure of what I was gonna do in contracts, and you know, if I wanted to go home, if I every wanted to play footy again, and like all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: And it even comes to last year, I was out of.
Speaker 2: Contract and sitting in the US just traveling around like seeing if anybody else would ever want to contract me again. You know, I was like, well, maybe this thing's done with who I was. You know, you just kind of get to a realization of like, holy crap, this can kind of be taken away from you in a very very quick way. So yeah, there's there's been some tough times, no doubt. But yeah, I think like you go back to the people and everything else that's kind of had your back since day one, and I mean you look even to this year, man, like I've had Remember there's a moment while sitting with I had coach and I just said, I don't know what I'm doing, Like I'm not playing on playing VFL, like I want to be your plain AFL and I know my career is kind of on the line and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. And we just sat down, had an honest chat with each other and just said, this is where we are, this is where I want to see you and you know, X amount of weeks and whatever and then we'll kind of put a game plane in place to hopefully get you back in to AFL squad and that's kind of that's where we're at. So it's been amazing, Like to have a coach like that, who you can I sit down and have an honest conversation with and you know, will be genuine and hundredson upfront with you to tell you that this is the direction you're going in. This is where you sit in the you know, the lineup and everything else. It's been career changing for me for sure.
Speaker 1: As you mentioned, you do love travel. I think you've traveled Australia more than any normal Australian. You really utilize the off season to get away and give yourself a mental refresher. You've been all over up North, down South and everywhere in between.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from Tazzi to the kpor to Kakadi, to Arnum Land to the Red Center to w I. I've driven from Broom all the way downe to Perth, all on the West coast. I've done from Brisbane all the way up to Thursday Island all the way through Kporc and off roading and all that. And I've been very fortunate to have time to do these kind of things. And I always tell people, I'll say, you know what, it's beautiful that Australians love to go overseas and experience new things, but you've got some pretty amazing things in your backyard. I think that's one thing I've always enjoyed is telling people about some amazing places I go and kind of inspiring them to go see these places. I might be a bit closer and something that they didn't really know was around. It's a passion of mine I would love to get more into. I'd love to work with the Australia in general, and you know their kind of pr scheme of trying to get this out to the rest of the world. So I think there's just so many beautiful, amazing things that people don't realize because it's so isolated. It's an island kind of like New Zealand, you know, where it's so far away from everything else. But it is one of those things where it's almost like it's kind of like golden kind of corner of the world where people just don't really know.
Speaker 3: A lot about it.
Speaker 2: But there is some amazing things that haven't really been discovered yet.
Speaker 1: We want to keep I know, that's all I keep saying.
Speaker 2: I was like, you just don't tell anyone because you're like, oh, you know, we've got free health care, because there's like and a place is quite beautiful. But I love travel, man. It's a it's a massive passion of mine. Indigenous community is a massive passion, massive passion of mine, and I've been fortunate enough to be linked up with a few different charities and life Changer and then now Shoreline which is dealing you know, helping out youth kids and their their journey through the teenage years.
Speaker 3: And then also.
Speaker 2: With Shortline Indigenous community around Australia to help them and their career post high school and stuff. So there's some pretty amazing things I've been a part of and I just I just love it, like it's just an amazing place. I cannot speak highly enough about it. And yeah, I know like you' all like to keep it your little secret, but I wouldn't mind a few other people learning about it.
Speaker 1: It's our secret, our secret. So yeah, as you just mentioned, you've you've pretty much been everywhere. What have you discovered about Australian culture that you like and how it compares to American culture?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 2: American culture is quite decisive, you know, people are very patriotic and very like loving of certain things, you know, like they're very they're very invested in things.
Speaker 3: We're here.
Speaker 2: I feel like people a lot more laid back, they're more just genuinely just enjoy life a bit more and understand the holistic side of things, of understanding kind of mental health, how important relationships are communication. I look back to even something as simple as like a cafe culture here, you know, like it's based around Australian culture of like I want to sit down and have dinner with your, lunch with you, or breakfast with you, rather than just getting takeaway and move on see you later. Like a lot of people like, oh, let's go catch up for a coffee, and that's like it's not really a thing you hear in the States, like stage is like bank bank bank, go go go. Everything is very much like monopolized. There's not mom and pop shops. There's all that kind of stuff. It's all like just very much very just capitalism. One a one there, we're here. I feel like it's still very much like the interpersonal relationships you have with people and your customers are still very important in Australian culture. I mean I even think about Australian made stuff, you know, something as simple as that is like something that's pushed very hard in this country to try to help people that are actually building and making things in Australia to help them, you know, grow business here within the country. So there's some amazing initias like that. I think people will really get around here that I find awesome and I think it's so cool that just you know, their willingness to help each other and to help each other grow. Like I think about this podcast and people have asked on and that people will get on through this and you know it's someone reaching out and saying, Hey, I need help. Would you be willing to help me? And most people just say yep, one hundred percent. Give me a time.
Speaker 1: Place on there, last one before we get onto a bit of a quiz before we wrap up. Now, you're not leaving Texas behind. You're a jewel citizens.
Speaker 3: Your ju.
Speaker 1: Was super sterring on to point out what does Texas and the states mean to Mason Cocks.
Speaker 3: It's weird, but less and less every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really keep up with the news as much there. I know, obviously there's a lot going on in the US right now with this crazy abortion thing that's happening at the moment. It's quite it's quite confronting, to be honest, and you kind of hear these big stories that come out and you feel removed from it because I don't. I'm not there, Like I'm not in the first person there. I'm kind of this third person looking at it from a distance and the outside and.
Speaker 3: The other thing's happening.
Speaker 2: You just like some of the things you know, obviously you don't agree with, and you're like, man like, how is this, how is this being passed into law, and how is this happening? And how are people like allowing this things these things to happen. And it's frustrating because you want to be proud of where you come from, like you want to be you know, like I was born and raised in a lot of the ethics and morals and stuff that comes with myself come from my upbringing through America, and a lot of that's to my mother and father, don't me wrong, but in my family. But I think there's also this ingrained kind of love for where you grew up in and what kind of shake you into the human you are. And with what's going on right now, it's embarrassing, it's frush, straying, it's you know, all those words I guess you could say to describe it. But you always have fondness for the place you grew up and the place that's you know, giving you the opportunities you've been given.
Speaker 3: So I do become more and more Australian.
Speaker 2: I feel like per day and then less and less American every day that I'm here.
Speaker 3: But I always have a soft spot for America and home.
Speaker 2: I always want people people asking this recently that asked, do a chance USA or a US or AS or whoever it is it games and I wanted USA. I wanted to stay at US. I wanted to stay. I think it sounds good. It's a cool, unique thing. It is different, and I think it's a great chance. Like some of that's just of it. You know, you go to the footy and go, oh, what's that?
Speaker 3: You know, why do they do that?
Speaker 1: You know, it's very unique to you. It is very if they did as it could be anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be anyone exactly say that is one thing. But yeah, I do feel like I'm I'm still American. I'll always be American, but tides are turning it somewhat. As you could say, all.
Speaker 1: Right, that's enough of the serious stuff. Where going to get into the quiz.
Speaker 3: I'm very nervous.
Speaker 1: Actually, I was just speaking to Sally cap before we went on, and she said, if you failed this, she's going to revoke. She's going to revoke the citizenship. Uh, some of these are quite hard. But hard to me. You don't know, No, I know what's a bushman's clock?
Speaker 3: Bushman's call the sign a cook a barrel laughing? Ah?
Speaker 1: Okay, over which former prime minister set the beer drinking world record?
Speaker 3: Hog? He just scolds a beer like no one else. What a legend.
Speaker 2: What a legend to have represented your country. There's a guy scold beer like no one else's business.
Speaker 1: This one's quite interesting. I didn't know this. I have to admit. With the five thousand kilometer long dingo fence, Australia has the longest fence in the world. What else does it have the longest of rabbit fence, longest golf course?
Speaker 3: Of course yes.
Speaker 2: And it's also the longest like straight Away highway I think in the.
Speaker 3: World made there.
Speaker 5: You know you're telling me, yeah, that one.
Speaker 1: Australia was the second country in the world to give women the vote. Who was the first? Let's go Switzerland, New Zealand, New Zealand. Very progressive over in New Zealand, very progressive. Shout out to New Zealand.
Speaker 5: Shout outtot Why was Australian football invented?
Speaker 3: You should know this This was the off season for cricket to keep him in shape. It was listening I fl do you know a few things?
Speaker 1: What is the highest grossing Australian movie.
Speaker 5: Australia Australia Crocodile would be it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mate, you got to be getting that, mate. What national Australian landmark has its own mailbox?
Speaker 3: National Australian mail landmark?
Speaker 1: You can send it a postcard.
Speaker 3: I can see a postcard. Yeah, a National Australian landmark ULARUF.
Speaker 1: The Great Barrier reef.
Speaker 4: Where in the world is the post box? Ask questions?
Speaker 3: Island has a postbox? I do know that. Maybe that's considered it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Of the twenty five deadliest snakes in the world, how many are found in Australia.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go nineteen twenty one, twenty one of how many twenty five? Twenty one to twenty five. Okay.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing about this, right, So Americans always say this, They go, I want to go to Australia.
Speaker 3: Everything there will kill you. Yeah, and it's somewhat true.
Speaker 2: But I've come to realize any tell people like Melbourne, Victoria, Sydney not really This is more of a Queenslander kind of thing, you know, Like this is more they're all up there from like all the snakes, all the spiders, like everything that scares the.
Speaker 3: Hell out of you Queensland.
Speaker 1: And to be fair, people say that they don't want to go to America because everything will kill them there.
Speaker 3: But that's humans. That's different.
Speaker 1: What Australian animal did England scientists think was a prank?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go planypus correct. Oh, there's a huge kit.
Speaker 1: They believe the Aussies stitched a duck's bill onto a round.
Speaker 3: Wow, I could see it though, I could see it.
Speaker 1: Which alcoholic beverage holder was invented in Australia?
Speaker 5: Stubby goon the wine caskon wait wine cast?
Speaker 2: It's oh yeah, they kind of like do the windmill thing or you're throwing on that? Was it called slap the bag?
Speaker 1: Yeah? See you know that one goon of fortune?
Speaker 2: Fortune, that's what we call. We call it slap the bag in college? Yeah right, I mean sorry, I didn't drink in college.
Speaker 1: In Aussie slang, what does it mean to go have a bow.
Speaker 3: Peep a bow peep asleep? Maybe a nap? Correct?
Speaker 1: Asleep we're getting there. I think.
Speaker 3: Actually I'm a better I thought it would.
Speaker 1: We're wrapping it up. We got three to go, which classic Australian film features the phrase tell him his dreaming.
Speaker 3: Oh the castle, the castle? Yeah? Huge?
Speaker 1: When and as he tells you he's going to bend an elbow, what's he talking about?
Speaker 3: Uh? Question?
Speaker 1: It's not dirty?
Speaker 3: Okay, good. That takes out of the answers.
Speaker 1: I was going to give Ben the elbow.
Speaker 3: I just have a drink of beer.
Speaker 1: Have a drink?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: This is the last one, alright if you get this Uran.
Speaker 3: Sally.
Speaker 1: Why is Canberra the capital city of Australia.
Speaker 3: Because it was halfway between Sydney and Melbourne?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yes, finally.
Speaker 1: All right, congratulations Urin for now, Now we know you haven't eaten vegimie yet, which is.
Speaker 2: I've lied to a lot of people and staid I have had it. Well, I have liked, I've had a spoonful, but I haven't eate vegimie like properly, like your butter vegimie toast.
Speaker 3: Yeah I haven't done that.
Speaker 1: Which, yeah, you have to. And we'll be doing a few food challenges across the journey because a lot of people want you to try the Tim Tam slam. Yes, you had Milo Cereal, but I say that's not legit. You gotta have you gotta have a Milo got Lamington's technically New Zealand class Australian Golden gay time.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't have one of that.
Speaker 1: That's an absolute classic.
Speaker 2: But what we do if you have any other like classic Australian things I need to try, please like comment, tell us, let us know what we should.
Speaker 1: Do and give us tips. Because I got crucified. Now, I got you to.
Speaker 3: Make pound of butter with like three sprinkles on.
Speaker 1: Top and you got to cut it into triangles. Okay, So what do we have here?
Speaker 3: We have veggimite shapes.
Speaker 1: We thought two birds, one stone, veggie might shapes. It's in the shape of Australia, so that that checks out.
Speaker 3: Why do we have an obsession with veggiemi in this country. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's our thing.
Speaker 2: It is literally like every time it's like, oh, you gotta have vegimin.
Speaker 1: Veggimite shapes are like our guns.
Speaker 3: Oh quite hard, careful, tread lightly here.
Speaker 1: We need one in every house.
Speaker 3: A great carpet.
Speaker 1: We need one in every household. Everyone loves them, and if someone tried to take them away from us, we'd write, so, uh, I want you to try.
Speaker 3: You can't say that, just.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Yeah, we've got the vegimite shapes here. So without any further ado, we want you to taste one or a handful.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it one job or is it two or three? In you n I'd go a couple a couple, so we'll go to.
Speaker 1: Full review veggiemite and cheese.
Speaker 3: I don't smell vegim yet.
Speaker 1: I think it's in the taste.
Speaker 2: Okay, should we should? We look what's actually on the into the box. That's definitely not allowed. Okay, we are.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're an addictive product. You'll think it takes.
Speaker 2: I thought they would be disgusting, actually enjoying. Yeah, this kind of reminds me of like cheese wears on crackers, you know, chee cheese.
Speaker 3: I can.
Speaker 1: Like cheese there because it is.
Speaker 3: Definitely like getting home. You're like, no, not the vegan toast.
Speaker 1: We don't do cheese whiz, it's not a thing.
Speaker 3: This is what cheese waz tastes like.
Speaker 1: Oh no, so is that a good review.
Speaker 3: I mean, I ate a lot of cheese wads as a kid. Yeah, I try.
Speaker 2: Maybe I need to try vegima on toast. I've always seen like my whole thing is. Someone gave me a spoonful of Vegiemi the first time I ever had it, and it just put me off for life, and I was like, I just don't really want to be a.
Speaker 1: Part of us because it's ultra condensed, dude, just like so potent. So so I think I don't know if we work good. I don't know if we work up to Vegimie on toast because it's kind of the pinnacle, right, maybe that'll be the season finale. Yeah, so we'll get through some of these. We have a whole bunch golden gay time. I want to eat that.
Speaker 3: So we're working with those are our makers. Next week we might have.
Speaker 1: To get some more of those anyway. Thanks for joining me on The Branden Cox Show, and congratulations on the ceremony everything around it and becoming an Australian citizen. It's we're glad to have you. It's good that you're here and we won't be sending you back anytime.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's no takebacks, mate, so it's official. Government says I'm in. I'm in, so I'm locked in. But thanks so much, Matt. It's been awesome.
Speaker 3: I am. I really do love this country.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing place that's given me so much opportunity and very grateful, man, very grateful. And I think moments like these kind of make you look back at the last eight years and everything you've been able to accomplished in the cool amazing people you've met along the way, including yourself. So thanks man, it's been an awesome podcast.
Speaker 3: Great to have you hosting. I love this. It's cool. No, it's great starting.
Speaker 2: So you have to end now, you guys say like, comment, heart, follow with.
Speaker 1: The five, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter.
Speaker 2: Yes, well official, close it out perfectly, ladies and gentlemen. You cannot have done it better, but check your own falls. I'll let you lay us out of here.
Speaker 1: Bob, and we'll see you on the next one.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: I've never had him