Speaker 1: Can you hear that? Can you hear that?
Speaker 2: What's that with?
Speaker 1: Well, that's silence because Trevor Long finally fucking left. Oh my god, I swear to god, it's like when he rocked up. It's like remember when you're a kid and a bird flew into the classroom and was hitting the fucking ceiling fans and all the kids would be going wild. He's like a labrador that hasn't been for a run in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only thing that doesn't match that description he's not allowed to near kids. I don't have that court cases.
Speaker 1: Get a Trevor, if you're listening, you bought this on yourself, buddy, could not get a word in with that guy. I quickly realized it was just best to just sit back and just you know, when you kind of meet like an ice addic on the street and you just kin't have to give him time.
Speaker 2: That was trev That was me with trev a special guest today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's good that you swopt over a last guest for someone decent.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, last guest Trevor.
Speaker 1: Trevor Long, Oh jesus, yeah, didn't he warm the stage for you?
Speaker 2: So elbows f la co founder of I Won't Clap, No, please please clap.
Speaker 1: He asked me to set this studio up like a bas lumin movie. We have doves on standby confetti. That's how he wanted to enter the building.
Speaker 2: You know it? Me, well, yes, so, Elbows, I've known you for like almost twenty years now, I think. Yes, it's been a fucking while swear yes, absolutely, there's only one word right into it. There's only one word you can't say, and that starts with d n n's in riveh because we'll get sued again. Yes. Sorry. It was a good drive here though.
Speaker 1: Remember back in the nineties when you used to just get like the old fair facts.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, no known Elbows rages. Elbows was founder of car Advice. We met shortly after that started. I had my own.
Speaker 1: Site, was that Oodles ofdoodles dot com.
Speaker 2: It was the garage and yeah, we joined forces and we'll hang on.
Speaker 3: He was like twelve years old and he was on his peap plates where he couldn't legally drive money in the cars, but he used to hire hist pea plate in his wallet and I put it like a sticker over it when he picked up press cars, which was very legal. But we had this investor who I guess just wanted a son and he saw that in Paul, so he decided there was a good idea if he bought his business.
Speaker 2: That guys was disturbing. He was disturbed. Now, but I think of it.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's very much a Giuseppe Pinocchio situation. Yeah, he tell another lie Pinocchio. Sorry, but yeah, fast forward carried. I sold to Channel nine in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: To eighteen, two year now, and then we got the fuck out of there because they were ruining that and there's a lot of dispear as to who thought we should leave.
Speaker 3: Paul tries to take credit for this, but realistically, I'm pretty sure I can take credit for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, So did you see the building starting to fire up?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What was the look?
Speaker 3: The main reason was they asked me to write a content plan for automotive and for auto in general, for co Advice and nine, and I wrote a content plan and they said no, no, no, we wanted you to write the plan for how you were going to write the content plan. And I was like, oh no, but I've already written the content plan, said I know, and it's really good, but we need you to write the plan for how you were going to rout the content plan, so that we could understand how that content plan was put together. But I was like, but I've already done the plan, and I can't work in an environment where someone has.
Speaker 2: To write a plan for a plan. Yeah, and I gotta leave.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we all met up in Geneva at the Motor Show YEP, and we decided that.
Speaker 2: Enough was enough and were literally all on the same day press release came out without telling anyone. Yeah, and then the guy that was running the show at the time got the press release of the same time that we sent our resignation emails and hit the fan briefly.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Actually it was quite for quite a sustained period. But you in a court case I heard of, just for something different. But yeah, so as a good week. Yeah, we started Car Expert after that, as in after the restraint period ended.
Speaker 1: And back in the early days, thanks for clarifying Paul, Yes, legally, God, back in the early days, what was a little Pavlo like he was really annoying and oh well, yeah, nothing's changed.
Speaker 3: No, he really thought he was good at a lot of things. He was a complete bogain that definitely hasn't changed. Always wanted to show off that he could do burnouts because somehow he thought that anyone buying a car cared enough for that.
Speaker 1: But you know, they had his little spark. He still does that actually with his raptor. Check it out, guys, you two can do doughnuts and a raptor.
Speaker 2: Yes, well that that just to be one hundred percent clear, that wasn't what caused the issue with my dip. It just it was I think it was no, no, no, no. Just again, legally, that is not what caused the issue with my diff And we did actually run into one issue once when I did the SS commodore came out the ve and I went to see my mate who worked at a servo when I did a little burnout in front of the servo and did you do that in front of I happen to be the managing director of Holden And then the next day I've got a call that it didn't really like me doing burnouts in his car. So that was the end of Holden's for a while.
Speaker 3: But I think I think Paul's greatest greatest story at Ciendvistre was when he used to take spy photos for us with his seventeen kilometer long lens, and one time he was doing spy photos of the Falcon, the last ever Falcon actually, and he basically got accustomed by a security guard and then all but ran over him on the way out, and then there was all this legal matters and police stuff and.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, literally that's what happened. I was at the proven ground, got some shots outside of the private property, perfectly legal. By the way, we got to a set of traffic lights, it took some more shots legally, got to Ford's headquarters in Geelong and took some shots through the fence and security guard came out, boxed my car in and I was like, I'm going to get the fuck out of here. And then I got this little gap and just as I was going, he grabbed the door handle to open it. I'm like, fuck is this guy doing? And then I got out of there and he fell over and I was like, fucking hell, I hope he's not hurt. And I sort of went back to check that he was running. He's fucking moving. Let me just finish that. And yeah, I got a call from the police and they're like, we need you to come down for questioning. I'm like, what the fuck? And what they had claimed was that I climbed their fence and I'm like okay, And I brought in my camera for the officer to see the camera at this time weighed like twenty kilos and I'm like, how do you want me to climb the fence while holding onto this? And then I showed him the photos that clearly showed I was shooting through the fence because you could see the fence. Yeah, and they told Ford to just worry about security on their property instead of out on a main road. So thankfully the guy was okay. But yeah, after that, I was just something.
Speaker 1: That would have been the start of a great relationship with Ford, I imagine.
Speaker 2: Yes, Well, they never found out up until this very moment.
Speaker 1: Ah, didn't they.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. They never knew because they called us and I said, we've spoken to the person involved, and then I sat myself down.
Speaker 1: So have I Actually he's coming in right now in security guard Frank.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad I could be the first to break that NI twenty years in the meeting.
Speaker 2: That's it. I felt bad for the guy because he was obviously thought that he was doing his job, but thankfully he wasn't too hurt, but.
Speaker 3: Was grabbing a door handle of a moving peple. It was not the smartest thing.
Speaker 2: But what was he going to do when he opened the door? Going to punch?
Speaker 1: Drag you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you so you published the picks?
Speaker 2: Yes? After all that trouble with you? Yeah, you'd have to write, Wow, it is weirder. There was one bloke, and I've never really told this story. There was one bloke that I met once and he was was this in a dark alley? Well may as well have been, because he shared a story about how he was stay once and I'm like, well, this is start to a great relationship. And I was at the proving ground getting some photos over the fence and someone whispered, get the fuck out of here, and We're literally in the middle of nowhere, and I'm like, where the fuck is that noise coming from? And he was up in the tree, dressed in camo and it was my mate, but the stabby guy, and he was hiding in the trees and he had been there all day. So he got dropped off at like six am, and I was there at like four or five pm in the evening and he had been in the tree all day waiting for a car to come past. And you know, this was our budget for doing spy photos.
Speaker 3: When other competitors realized how effective they were, one of them hired a plane to fly over the proving ground with the spy photos really literally Yeah, and then he get nearly as good as photos as pulled in in his arrest worthy escapedes.
Speaker 2: You know, the only thing that stopped all the photos, aside from the potential legal incident, a beehive managed to get established in the fence post that I used to stand on, And I'm like.
Speaker 1: That, I wonder what that's like now, Like I wonder if if drones and stuff like that could do that.
Speaker 2: You know. The clever thing for Ford, not not that they engineered any of this, but it's it's it's in a no fly zone because it's within the landing path of Avalon Airport. So if you try and get a drone up, it won't let you fly because it keeps coming up with GPS things about it being in a no fly zone, so you can't actually use drones around there anymore. And also the other problem is there are three prisons just near there as well, so they all have drone blocking shit there too, So they dropped like heroin packets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you've thought about it. Left Donna some pictures. It's just she's doing a bit of hard time. Actually yeah, I think the message was that she liked to do some hard time with you.
Speaker 2: The Donna story because it doesn't listen to this horrible show, but Donna spawned from our road trip from Adelaide to Melbourne, where that lady at the a caravan park that we stayed at was was secretly coming to our rooms for a cheeky bang at knockout. Wow, So listen to this more awesome.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, you don't. I don't think Paul's told you the actual story. She helped charge Paul's car. I believe Paul did sneak into her caravan and quote filled her up. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: But apparently he used her side tit as a doner that night. In reality, that lady was actually really nice, so I bet she was.
Speaker 1: She keeps calling the show. She keeps calling the show, so you've you've got a bit of a checkered history. One would say, with Paul. That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been good. It's been twenty years and.
Speaker 2: When we left we decided to start cor Expert together.
Speaker 3: We obviously have another co founder who is a far more deserving co founder than Paul. He's a senile fool, but he's not really I'm not sure if he still knows he's a co founder and this business.
Speaker 2: Actually doesn't know where he is most of the time. Is much like Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: We have an air tag on him just to make sure he doesn't go tracking device.
Speaker 1: Yes, just in case, just in case you get one of those texts from the police. This man, yeah, this.
Speaker 3: Man wearing a car expert shit, has it been walking naked with his pants down?
Speaker 1: Actually, it's funny you say that because I did meet him, no joke. I did actually meet him at the Young Day headquarters or both swapping a car around at the same time, and he did have one ball hanging out his shorts reeling lead. I was like, bro, you're gonna do something about that. And he just like, he's got lovely hair, like it's wind swept, and he looks interesting and he just looked.
Speaker 3: Out and in the son, you know, he claims that he is the original ideator for NCIS TV show.
Speaker 2: If you look him up on Instagram.
Speaker 3: In his bio before it says you know, co founder of cor Advice or correct, but it says founder of NCIS TV show.
Speaker 2: And every few.
Speaker 3: Weeks he'll go on Wikipedia and try and change it so that it says Anthony, and they keep changing it back because there's no evidence to suggest that it has.
Speaker 2: Anything to do with you know, how you could buy a blue tick on Instagram. Now they refuse to give him one because he claims to be the founder of NCIS and his evidence he keeps sending us these pictures from the nineties of an envelope that was addressed to at the NCIS, which is a naval unit of some description, and then a return letter but there's no script. Now to his credit, he does.
Speaker 3: Say that he pitched the idea to the guy who ended up going and creating it. But as I always explained to him, an idea is like one percent of the job, right, actually doing it is what really matters. So maybe he put the idea in the guy's head, but knowing Tony, he would have done that and then taken credit.
Speaker 2: For the rest of yes, So anyway.
Speaker 1: Wow, I can't believe that's not actually a joke. That's a real story.
Speaker 2: That's a real fucking story.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable. Do you know one thing I wanted to bring up with you was, I've seen some pics of your exquisite looking garage.
Speaker 3: Oh well, well, I do have a garage that I was very proud of up until quite recently when we started meeting some people that had slightly better garages. But yeah, I when I build my house, the main reason that house was ever built was because we couldn't find a house with a garage that big, so I had to build it.
Speaker 2: But a lot of effort went into that grass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet tell us what's in there in terms of cars? Yeah, I look, the cars, get some dead bodies and drugs and guns and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: All of it.
Speaker 1: Tell me everything. Tell me about those documents that comes from camera.
Speaker 2: I want it all.
Speaker 3: Look, I had Italian builders. I'm sure there's some dead bodies in there. Look, I've got a bunch of cars, and a few of them because I've always wanted them. But I guess the most memorable car and there was the first one I ever bought, which is my astamatin advantage. So that was like the first time I ever had real money. I bought that car and it was one.
Speaker 2: Of the first cars that we ever got.
Speaker 3: A car advice in terms of a proper exotic was an Asston, and I remember driving it. If I ever get money, it's the first thing I'm buying. And literally, when I got money, was the first thing I fucking bought. Yeah, And the problem was it was all my money. So enough today it was like good back to being broke again. But it was a life changing event. I always tell people like, it's not really the car, it's not the experience, it's not the driving. It's actually your network and the people you meet through it and how all that changes. And it really had a big impact on my life. I'm lucky that I love cars, but being in this industry like yourself as well, picking up cars and returning them. In my opinion, there's nothing worse than the thought of getting a really cool car and then giving it.
Speaker 2: Back after a week.
Speaker 3: It's actually it's a terrible experience because you live in this weird fantasy state where you think you have this great life with all these great cars, but reality you don't it sucks you get these things, you experienced it for a week and you give it back. Yeah, it's really depressing actually, So you know, I was really glad, you know, obviously after we saw our last business, to have the capacity to buy a couple of the things that I really loved, and that's been an awesome experience.
Speaker 2: So we really hope to build this business up now a lot bigger than what Cardis ever was.
Speaker 1: It's cool to see though, like when you can sort of walk down in your garage, especially if you're looking at the aston there is a lot of pride in something like that, where especially just one car in particular. It doesn't have to be a whole fleet, but that one thing you kind of go, man, I worked hard for that, Like I really wanted that. That's the one thing I wanted, and I worked hard for it. These days, it might not be the most impressive car, might not technically drive as good as some of the other cars you mentioned you had a lotus whatever, the point is, like you're always going to feel something so good in that car, something so special compared to everything else that's in there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I mean I've got a Ferrari, I've got a Lambo. I've got a going merk. But every time I get.
Speaker 3: Into that aston, it reminds me of that feeling of not being broke.
Speaker 2: And it's hard to describe it.
Speaker 3: But if you've grown up like Paul and I, or you were broke all your life and then worked hard and got somewhere, like having something to sort of remember it by.
Speaker 2: As I always said to.
Speaker 3: My wife, if we ever like, like, if something really bad happens, don't ever sell that car because that's the one car that I'd like.
Speaker 2: To keep forever. Yeah, it's a great feeling. So can we then also share the story of how much other people like your garage and the story about how some young whipper snappers stole yes in the car but didn't realize the cars were.
Speaker 3: In the In the first two years of being in my house, I've had I've been broken into this three times.
Speaker 2: Brisbane is the youth crime capital of the world.
Speaker 3: It really is. We have more car thefts than any other state or when he had a city. If Brisbane's compared to Sydney and Melbourne, it's insane, but we.
Speaker 2: Do just because traffic is so bad in Sydney and Melbourne.
Speaker 1: You can't get it, get away.
Speaker 3: But also we just have so much police doing speed camera gudia. They have nothing else to do. They couldn't possibly do any other sort of policing. So yeah, I've had my house broken into multiple times, had a car stolen. But thankfully because of the layout of the house, I have two garages and for most people, they don't realize it's the same house. So the front of the house looks like the front of the house where the garages and the only garages, and usually people come in and they just go back there and steal a car. So now what I do if anyone wants to come and still.
Speaker 1: Not Yeah, I'm just I'm taking notes and I'm drawing out a little plan.
Speaker 2: I genuinely leave the keys.
Speaker 3: For the cars I once stolen, just on the kitchen table, So if you ever want to come and get a car, just come and take that and leave.
Speaker 2: The rest alone. But it was quite lucky because they took the keys to all his cars. They could have figured out where they didn't realize that they were there.
Speaker 1: Wow, so it's like had gone in sixty second scenario, I think it was two minutes and thirty five.
Speaker 2: They should see the village. The footage is so fucked because these guys somehow got the code for his house.
Speaker 3: And I've got a feeling one of the people that was working on the house because it was shortly after you moved in, right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a code for all trades, which is really dumb.
Speaker 3: I should have made a code for every individual treaty, but it had a code for all trades. Obviously, because I didn't want to wake up at six sem in the morning to let people in to finish the last two weeks in the house before after we've already moved in, I just gave him the code, just come in, do what you gotta do. Yeah, And then yeah, at some point they came in at one am and did what they wanted to do as well.
Speaker 2: So they were literally kids. Like you look at these people and you're like, that is like a twelve or thirteen year old kid. That isn't That isn't someone who's a sophisticated criminal. That is a kid, mind you, man.
Speaker 3: They got in the car, they unplugged my OBD tracker, they took the dash cam off, they knew how to turn it on. It was a jag, like you know, if you haven't done a jag. It's a bit different with the rotary dial and everything. Oh yeah, mate. They were in the car and out very quickly.
Speaker 2: You know the best part, they probably watched a car expert review.
Speaker 3: They probably did before. And you know what the other funny poets, I did get the car back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wow, so they actually drove this thing out, and.
Speaker 2: They drove it out. I got a couple of speeding tickets. It's funny.
Speaker 3: I reported the car stolen, and the only reports I would get from it was when they sent me.
Speaker 2: A speeding ticket.
Speaker 3: And I was like, how the fuck can you watch this car drive past, take a photo and then send me a photo a couple of days later instead of actually pulling at the fuck.
Speaker 2: It just really shit me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I got the car back and there was no damage. And I said to my wife, you would have damaged the car more into.
Speaker 1: Two weeks for there just taking it down to save play.
Speaker 2: The wheels were still good scratches. There was no car park bus. They were driving pretty well. I was probably putting proper diesel, like proper diesel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all things aside, though, what's it like having someone in the house to steal stuff or just like a burglar in general would be bloody, terrifying. And I always find it weird that there's almost laws that are set up to protect them, like you can't just like you can't just grab the cricket bat from under the band and lay into their legs like you're the one that gets sued.
Speaker 2: I think you can, can't you. I don't think he can. It's not on camera.
Speaker 3: So well, the second time they were trying to break into my house, I was up watching F one at like one thirty in the morning and I see this alert on, you know, because I've got all the cameras around. It's like, you know, a person detected here, person detected there. And I said, oh, I must be you know, nanny coming home. Then I was like, well, you can't be in four places at once, right, And I clicked on one and it was like a three guys trying to get into the door. And I was like, oh, I'm going to go downstairs and going to talk to those young men and tell them, you know, what a what a horrible thing it is they're doing.
Speaker 2: Choice.
Speaker 3: So in my underway, I ran downstairs and clearly as the elephant that I am I made so much noise on the way down that they spooped and ran right and then you know, I called the police. Police came, and then when I looked at the footage.
Speaker 2: I realized that they all had knives.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I thought, I'm so fucking glad they ran because this, you know, middle running down the stairs in his underwear against three like fifteen year.
Speaker 2: Olds with knives. I would have been stabbed death in about ten minutes. Over what a car that they want to take for a joy ride like that? Yeah? Look to me?
Speaker 1: Is that it? Marty? Just found good work, Marty.
Speaker 2: There's wrong with the Mercedes bends though. The doors don't come down for some reason because in every back of the.
Speaker 3: House, so that's the back of the house, and no one realizes that house is actually on two streets.
Speaker 2: Man, that's a nice car. It's cool.
Speaker 3: It's that lighting system took so long to make work because it turns on in sequence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can actually get it to turn on.
Speaker 1: I haven't got like a Yeah is that flora POxy or is that like full on tile?
Speaker 2: Wow? Yeah.
Speaker 1: We never worried about cracking.
Speaker 3: We were really worried about when we put it in. But it never cracked. So they figured if it wasn't cracking a week, it's never going to crack, and they were right, it doesn't crack.
Speaker 2: Wow, so's not crazy.
Speaker 1: I feel like I can see a lotus in the back.
Speaker 3: There is another car in there now that's not in that photo, which is my mits Bishi two thousand g T, which is, you know, my only Japanese cart, which I do love.
Speaker 2: Actually entirely overrated, yes, but still cool box. He's a still on the waiting list for a Ranger Raptor, yeah, and a b y D.
Speaker 3: I would still rather have a Seal than a Raptor.
Speaker 2: Too much power for him.
Speaker 1: You could actually see one single tear rolling down.
Speaker 2: We just we just came from Channel seven's upfronts and there was this enormous black ram that's out the front. There was a ram tr Rex, an enormous black thing. And to me, that's you white.
Speaker 3: Guys and fascination. Is it just something that you lack personally?
Speaker 1: So did you see doctor Chris Brown your little soiree?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I've got to say we've been to a few upfronts before.
Speaker 1: And those who don't know who aren't in the media game in the beers in the show Bears.
Speaker 2: And Upfront is where they basically do an event where you have everyone that spends money with you. Sorry, yeah, everyone that spends money with you will come so you can present to them all than new things you've got for them in the next year, and they commit to the spend. So Channel seven rolled out literally every single celebrity on their pay roll. They had guy Spash and seeing well you have though I noticed I had to decline obviously for conflict of interest and stuff like that, but so so, yeah, it was. It was quite an epic event and I'm like, even I want to spend money with them now. Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 3: That was They did say a couple of things that were quite interesting, and you know, not to speak ill of our parent company, but they did say that more people watch Home and Away than anything on Netflix. No ted Lasso, Ted Lasso, but they did say more people watch seven plus than Netflix, yes, which I was somewhat surprised about. Well, they were saying seven plus had around ten million subscribers, a ten point five so I'm curious how many Netflix has for that to be why.
Speaker 1: I don't think Netflix has ever released their figures in fact, I know that stars who have like, for instance, comedy specials on there, they'll never find out what their their numbers are. They'll always keep thee so.
Speaker 2: They don't even tell the people that have their own shows on me.
Speaker 1: They'll say their comedy special is doing excellent. That's the word from Netflix, like officially, Hey you know you're doing this, this and this, and they'll they'll never have the actual numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they only ever released global subscribe vibels, never a region specific.
Speaker 1: So anyway, but so, anyway back to business. When you saw doctor Chris Brown, did you rip your shirt off, flick flex your arms and just be like, check out these swans they're sick.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't. They didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's talk out your deck instead and yeah, and that was the end of that.
Speaker 2: Do you think of this warm? But yeah, So I don't even know why we mentioned the seven Front Oh the t X. Yeah, so there you go. Yeah, the by D Seal. So just talking about Cannie's briefly because you know why not. So did you go to the Seal thing? Yes?
Speaker 3: I went to the megastore in Alexandria, which is actually a pretty decent setup to be right. I've done a really good job there. It's better than any test the story ever walked into.
Speaker 1: That's what immediately hit me too was the amount of effort they've gone to with presentation that the projectors and the cars on display.
Speaker 2: It's it's this is from a company that didn't exist in Australia what two years ago, and you know amazing.
Speaker 1: We thought we were going to buy these cars from a kmart at one stage, like a Camart car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you got your cars just there next to the XD Falcon getting new treads.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's getting an oil change there, pad down your your fucking shields, just over there near the year, near the poor pish, near the fucking by d Moomade Moomade the whale, right next to that bloody chubby whale.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, that's Donna from a couch.
Speaker 4: Get back in there, donor you're lazy sorry, So that they've given up on that brand for that exact reason.
Speaker 2: It's not called my car. Yes, so that just by changing it, it's not woke. Yeah, but it's a good looking thing. This hill, I've got it up on the screen here. So this is a competitor to the Model three except it's what twelve thousand dollars cheaper?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, forty nine nine ninety plus one roads, so you get on the road for low fifties. If you order one today, you get it in December.
Speaker 2: It's that's great. Not a bad looking car in there.
Speaker 3: I got to say, it's got a bit of tayk on to it.
Speaker 2: They hired the was it the old Audi designer? Yeah, so that's where that inspiration comes from. But the interesting thing as well is that people bought Tesla's because they were cheaper than established brands that were all over one hundred grand for a sedan or whatever. But I wonder if these guys are going to take the market now because they're pretty close and you mentioned something interesting as well, they have specific factories for right hand drive as well.
Speaker 3: The bid success in Australia has come down to the fact that a company called ev Direct actually went over to China and so we're going to invest in help building production lines just for right handwry for our market, and they actually funded it, which is one of the reasons why the cars have come here so quick and so fast with Australian specification.
Speaker 2: So that's been an amazing success. Story for them, And if.
Speaker 3: You start to think about byd like Pulse that didn't exist two years ago. There, you know last one. I think they did about seven hundred and something sales. As a contrast a brand like Polster, which is you know, Volvo's offshoot brand no one knows about, they did one hundred and eleven cars, and that is fucking embarrassing.
Speaker 1: So didn't they come out and say something about their depreciation rates, Like the depreciation of the Pollstar was just incredible?
Speaker 2: Yes, the Polstar three three, Yeah, yeah, I mean that thing is overpriced to start with. But I just think that if you rationally look at a Polestar two compared to a Model three now the Seal, there is no logical reason to go and get a Polestar like you would have to be at a thirty thousand dollars fleet discun Like well, unless you're driving an Uber, but why would you not then just go stock up fleets with these? I mean, whatever the discount is for a Polestar too, you could go buy brand new one of these from you know, kmart, and then.
Speaker 1: You go from the show rooms they I reckon they look great. I think they're priced accordingly to.
Speaker 2: So what is the starting price forty nine nine ninety plus one roads. That's a better interior than the mode of.
Speaker 1: Fact get the light. I think it's like a white or light blue interior. I think you've got the choice of but it looks more so white than Pace.
Speaker 2: Model comes with high end sound system. Then they're selling the Performance Model, which will do zero to one hundred and under four seconds. Yeah, three point seven.
Speaker 1: I believe even if you like trick this thing up, you know, by the time you get all the add ons and the long range and all that sort of stuff, you're still getting it pretty much under a drive away at under sixty yep.
Speaker 2: And I think the one that is going to do really well in Australia is the Sealed U, which is the SUV's great So when that lobs, that's going to go up against Model Why, and that will be significantly cheaper than the Tesla. And I'm pretty sure does does Tesla use the blade battery.
Speaker 3: The one's coming out of China, I'm not sure. I know that even Kia's gone to it now they're using for the EV five. They're using the Blade battery out of China, so that the thing that people don't know about b White is that they've been making batteries for thirty years. They're actually one of the biggest battery makers in the world for mobile phones tops in that car, so most of the evs actually used byd batteries regardless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, there's a lot of like well earned excitement about these guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's great. It's it's not like one of those some Chinese brands made the mistake of coming to Australia and not investing a huge amount of money. These guys have dropped a lot of cash and they're doing a really good job in terms of selling cars and getting people into them that aren't you know, that's what test Tesla does well. They're getting people that aren't car people into these things, and that's what you need. You want someone that isn't a car enthusiast to drive you hones.
Speaker 3: See, some of the established brands would be really fucking worried.
Speaker 2: I would be because their brand, like yon Day they were bringing in for I five, you can only get like what five a month if they are allocated. Yeah, what's the point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But even a brand like you know, Mitsubishi, which is a great brand and has had some great historical product, but the current range of cars just feel like they're not the latest and the greatest, right, but they're still expensive. And then you got a brand like MG, and you got a brand like BYD that is not only undercutting them but actually making you know, arguably better product. Oh yeah, I'd be a little bit worried if I was Midsubishi.
Speaker 2: And it's funny that the talk track when we're at the Munich Motor Show from all the German brands was that there needs to be tariffs on Chinese cars because they're coming in and just decimating the European car market with cheap cars. So yeah, it's an interesting.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting argument though too. I mean like, when somebody is bringing better competition to the table at a more competitive price, then fuck, all you can do.
Speaker 2: Is cry tariffs and taxes. Get your acts together. Absolutely, If you can build this thing in China and ship it to Europe and it's still cheaper than the car you're manufacturing in Europe, yeah, that just tells me you're not doing your business.
Speaker 3: This is how the luxury car tax came about because of that mentality. Well, we better stop all these other brands from taking away sales from Australian cars and guess what, they didn't work because we built shit cars here and eventually people stopped buying them.
Speaker 2: What is true? True, it's true, you know, but that has not disappeared. So that's three hundred million dollars a year roughly that the government is pulling in for doing nothing and protecting nothing.
Speaker 3: Well, three hundred million dollars if someone's gotta pay for that referendum somehow.
Speaker 2: Yes, good spend of money. That was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go, you old bitches.
Speaker 3: Oh girl, I'm from Queensland. We had sixty eight percent vote again.
Speaker 1: But really, yeah, Victoria was interesting and is Pauline Hanson going.
Speaker 2: Just around the quarter from you? Really?
Speaker 1: You five fish and chips from the shop.
Speaker 2: I don't think you'd tell it to me.
Speaker 1: Like a big fan of your Pauline.
Speaker 2: About three sheets too dark, it's right wow.
Speaker 1: Actually, speaking of EV's, you're about to get a little bit of muller back from the what's not a new EV tax, but it's you're basically getting your EV tax back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look out our premier or former premier Victoria.
Speaker 1: He's still alive, by the way, Linda hasn't cleaned him up yet.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. Okay, he was last set in New York.
Speaker 3: There's a great photo him looking homeless going through a cone. That's right, and I thought, that's where you belong. That's precisely where he needs to be.
Speaker 2: So basically the key thing is the Andrews government brought in the most ridiculous thing in the world, which was a tax on electric vehicles. And it was I think the dumbest part of this was that it was a tax on not only full electric vehicles, but it was a tax on plug in hybrids. Now you have no ability to tell how much I've driven a plug in hybrid on electric or petrol. It's impossible to tell unless you log it, and it just doesn't work. So what you had to do with an EV was put in the amount you'd travel into the VIC Road's website and it would send you a bill for each calomity you'd driven. And anyway, a couple of road users thought that it was a bit shit and they took it to the High Court. And as far as I know, I don't know enough about this, I know we got to whatever is just beneath the High Court with our case. But you can't appeal beyond the High Court. I don't think that's like the top unless there was like an error in law or something like that, you can't go. I'm going to appeal it to the whatever above the High Court that is the highest. So these guys were successful in appealing that, and now what's going to happen is they will have to refund not only all of the fees they've charged, they will also be responsible for the court costs of these road users that when you say dare you mean you as the Victorian tax bill. Yes, And the slide issue is we don't have any money in Victoria and we have.
Speaker 3: Because you locked up for two years and you were a mask in.
Speaker 2: A car by yourself. That could be part of it.
Speaker 1: Small business perhaps, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: We could to take our kids to playgrounds. It has something to do with that. But anyway, the crux of it is that they need to pay this back. Now in Victoria is so in debt that each year we're paying and I don't know the exact figure, but it's in interest each year for the debt that we're in and this is now just going to get added on to it. We've got the Comwealth games that they botched like it is it is really that Dan andrews ketch. You safe doing?
Speaker 3: Yes, aren't you glad?
Speaker 2: I mean we're here in Brisbane. We had like I think what three weeks of lockdowns and probably a lot of weeks of sunshine. Yeah. Yeah, but anyway, that's that's another podcast. But they talk a lot about that. But anyway, great news for Victorian EV drivers. And can I just.
Speaker 3: Challenge this thought? Yeah, going, why shouldn't he be owners paid?
Speaker 2: I agree? So here's my thing. I don't pay anything in fuel subsidy, and fuel subsidy goes towards roads, hospitals, education, all that sort of stuff. Speed cameras, more speed cameras. Yeah. What I think that we should have is a flat rate for everyone, regardless whether you're in an EV or a passenger car or whatever. You just pay per kilometer the way, if you drive lots, you pay lots, and if you don't drive much, you don't pay much. And then they remove remove the fuel subsidy. Couldn't agree more? How can you?
Speaker 1: How can you police that at per kilometer?
Speaker 2: Though? Well you do, stupid system they have here. You know you ordered Its simple.
Speaker 3: If you bring in mandatory roadworthies every year, then every time you have to get a road with it, they have to put in new kilometers and then.
Speaker 2: Every year in some states you do South Wales is yearly. You have to get a roadworthy every year.
Speaker 3: Do it.
Speaker 2: If your car's over three years old. They believe you're allowed to talk money after three years. Yeahs over three years, over three years old. Each year you have to Oh, God, you grew up poor, didn't you. You never had this was your dad.
Speaker 3: Driving a rolls roy.
Speaker 1: I hang on. Okay, First of all, I grew I grew up in Melbourne, right. Secondly, i've been in Okay, so I've been in New South Wales for by the Beach nearly ten years. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: But fucking opera houses in the way only had eight bedrooms going up.
Speaker 1: And it was literally.
Speaker 2: Like Tony a co Fender.
Speaker 1: We're coming from a guy who we literally just looked into your garage. Calm down, Ritchie rich Tony's thing was that.
Speaker 2: He grew up poor. And we're on one of our investors boats on the water in Sydney and he goes, I grew up just over there, and he pointed towards this headland and I'm like, Tony, I thought you said he grew up poor. He's like, oh yeah, yeah, it was just behind the trees and behind the trees he had mega mansion the water. And this guy used to tell us how POI was.
Speaker 3: And then at one point he admitted that his dad us told drive to school in these roles right, because oh but.
Speaker 2: It used to break that all the time.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yeah, that does not make you poor.
Speaker 2: Rule wow, But no, I do think everyone should have to pay per kilometer because then you replace the fuel subsidy. And the other problem is the fuel subsidy. As you get more EV's on the road and cars become more efficient, that's going to diminish anyway, so you've got to have something to replace it. And this is a fair system. I think this works. And then if they do want to do EV subsidies and whatever, which I don't love the sound of. So New Zealand just got a new government. They got rid of the other one retired whatever her name was, and then they replaced that's it, and then they replaced her and then they ousted that government as well. They've just repealed what they called the ute tax over there, which was basically an EV subsidy, and then it forced people into EV's problem was there were no EV utes, so if you had to drive a dual care for work, you were basically penalized because that is the only vehicle you can buy. So I think subsidies should only come when you have a full range of electric vehicles that give you an altime.
Speaker 3: Why should people be forced into an EV. I just think text people for a kilometer regardless of what.
Speaker 2: They don't need to force them into it. But if you want your incentives, then you can just use your incentives through the taxation system of a few lovers. No, I don't expect subsidy. I don't want any subsidies buying EV because I don't actually know why I brought it, But it's just buying EV.
Speaker 1: What did I love the fact that you did buy that and now you just pay it out? I don't know it.
Speaker 3: I also, did you really did it? I also bought them all a white I had it for about eight or nine days till my wife drove it for about a week in a bit, and then it got about eight percent charge and she just left it in the shopping center, and I said to her, you do realize it's a reusable item, right, it's not a one time disposed of car. You know you can actually reacharge. Because I haven't got time to recharge these things. You're gonna have to come pick it up when you get back. It was like, I can't to fucking leave the current shopping center. She's like, I'm too scared to driving home. It's going to run out of charge. It's like, fucking hell.
Speaker 2: That's so I had to come home.
Speaker 3: I was overseas, picked it up and then I saw it and I put in the ad when I saw it never recharged.
Speaker 1: Really, it's got a great battery.
Speaker 3: But when you sell a Ferrari a convertiblel say never do it in the rain.
Speaker 2: For me, it was like, never fucking reach out. Well would you just based on your short ownership? Did you like the technology? Though?
Speaker 1: I liked?
Speaker 3: What one thing that really freaked me out and I'll talk about it here.
Speaker 2: Although the person probably listens to this.
Speaker 3: We have a couple of Tesla people that follow us on Instagram, and my car had this bug in it whereby it just kept dropping out music or some fucking thing wrong with it, and I mentioned it on Instagram. I put a story up saying, oh, you know, my car's doing this. It fucking keeps disconnecting it. And then about an hour and a half later I got a message from a guy that works a test and say, oh, no worries, mate, I logged in and I fixed it for you. I'm like, oh, okay, that's kind of fucking weird, dude, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The fact that you.
Speaker 3: Can log into my car remotely and probably tell exactly where it is at all times, yeah, which.
Speaker 2: Of course it does. It tracks. They even we did a news story on it. Tesla employees were looking at camera footage from the live camera footage that you can now do through your phone of customers and they had footage of a bloke walking pastes can't nake it, and that was footage that they were sharing amongst.
Speaker 1: Them were are you doing that now?
Speaker 5: But it's kind of like weird, right, It is kind of weird, and I kin kind of fiak me out that I don't know if I want a car where people can randomly just just happen to work at a car company, which is kind of like not.
Speaker 2: That hard to do. Work with Tesler they probably have lots of employees that have access to whatever that system was that he had access.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one of the reasons why, you know, I've got eighteen Ring cameras at my house. I don't have any inside because I don't trust Ring employees not to log in and look at it.
Speaker 1: I do find it weird that they can log in without like you know how you can do screen permission share, Like they can do that without doing any sort of permission stuff. That's so weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Look to me, the tech, I like the tech. If the tech was shit, I would have known it because it's ugly and it has.
Speaker 1: Lots of well you were paying out the Even the new one I reckon. Look, I get the kind of camera vibe on them. But I still think the new one is a good update.
Speaker 2: I think it's smarter. Is a fucking head up displayer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why they're resisting that and and needs the indicator stiff back.
Speaker 2: Moving that to the steering whell was just the most idiotic thing.
Speaker 1: That's weird. That's when they did that yoke for like two Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like a Ferrari sh Yeah, Ferrari so why would you find like nice? But yeah, so that's the ev tax. It is gone. And the good news is if you're in New South Wales and I think w A was talking about this as well, they're going to see that this has been challenged and they probably won't go ahead with it. So Victoria took one for the team. We went into even more debt, but it looks like New South Wales and w A is safe.
Speaker 1: They're good like that, thank you for they're good, but they're just they're very good like that. I wanted to talk about MG four because we've recently just all jumped in one. Not the same one. That's weird.
Speaker 2: It did stank quite a lot.
Speaker 1: We actually have that one downstairs, the orange one. Yeah, and a sexy shade of looks like traffic cone orange was blue.
Speaker 3: That's a lambo color. It's called a borealis.
Speaker 2: I'mious, EXA's the fucking color. You don't call it volcano orange.
Speaker 1: There you got cute G four. I like the look of it.
Speaker 2: And that blue is Miami blue. It's bored from Porsche. I'm not making this up. That's the colors that picked ah.
Speaker 1: I thought that was from a Lambeau as well.
Speaker 2: That looks like a lambo blue. Is Brixton a suburb in the UK?
Speaker 1: A UK vibe? You know they're still going with that coat.
Speaker 2: Also, it's like it's kind of not UK anymore nasty, you know that. It's a lot better now. Well, guess the thing that guy's fucking working. I see all those old mgs driving around. I'm like, I could not think of anything worse to drive, really, I'd like one my old man.
Speaker 1: Did them up when he was like sixteen, and there's pictures of like old tfs and stuff, and he was putting fucking pipes around the sides of them, changing like the front to like this chrome hideous But that's how and nim god bye.
Speaker 2: And they got into the rolls then yeah then.
Speaker 1: Well no, they built their own cars and that's how poor they were.
Speaker 2: Is your garage of a view of the whole harbor? Yeah, that's it. They saw all the cars coming in on the boats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my parents aren't from sydney're very poor.
Speaker 2: Mummy. Where's our servant this morning?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a good point. Where's my fucking milkshake?
Speaker 2: This is a great car, I think at the entry level at thirty eight grand. We drove the long range seventy seven, which is like a top spectrim starts to get up there. Well, it was only a few thousand dollars cheaper than a Model three, and at that point a Model three is just a bit more refined and has better tech. But if you have a look at all this seven year warranty, it's fairly quick. Reel will drive dynamically. It's great. The ride is good. Yeah, I don't know about the ride, man, I know that I was a little bit firm. Have you driven a Model three, yes, compared to a Model three or a Model Have they fixed it in the new one? Partially? Right, yeah? Partially. This is a really good look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think design wise it looks really great.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The led headlights, it's so.
Speaker 2: Many of these on the road.
Speaker 3: No really, Yeah, in Brisbane it must be like fucking going crazy because like every third car looks like an Energy four. Now a lot of orange ones too. We just have a thing for orange and Brisbane. I think it's because we're happy people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like bright colors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, happy. No no traffic, no lockdowns, just what the fuck are lots of crime drivenile crime, share the cars.
Speaker 1: It's share cars, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when can you have it? Well, just whatever the fuck you want?
Speaker 1: Really, he literally just advertised where his keys were sitting, I mean every night of the week on the kitchen table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something for them. Don't damage the wheels, yeah, or stabbing to do? If I come down and talk to you, just.
Speaker 1: Go yeah, look for under forty thousand before drive away. I look at a car like that, just some looks alone. I think it looks great.
Speaker 3: And again in Brisbane you get a six thousand dollars incentive to buy one. Six thousand dollars That makes bring a price down to free. Yeah, yes, that is so cheap.
Speaker 2: Yaris. Yeah, you'd be crazy not to buy that. Actually, what do you think about Toyota resisting electric vehicles? Do you think longer term it's a good strategy.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's a terrible idea. And I think Turto has been resting on his laurels for so fucking long. At some point they need to get some point. Yeah, they will pay for it, and it's not yet, but they were at some point.
Speaker 1: Didn't they just do the high locks, don't you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't James in our Melbourne office driver. It has a driving range of two hundred kilometers and they haven't stated payload or towing or whether it will do either of those things. What is the point? So how much is it? They haven't announced that either, but they're boasting that they will use it in Thailand as a taxi. So they load like twelve people onto the back of it with a canopy and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, serious, how is it?
Speaker 2: But what's that good to do with Australia. That's old.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. They're going to use it for uber pool Thailand. Just sit in the back of your co all right, real quick, MG four. I think it's an impressive car for the price. It's got a good warranty, it actually drives, okay. I think the road noise is a bit.
Speaker 2: It is actually a bit noisy. I actually did notice that when we ran the dB meter on it, it was it was a bit sort of because it is so fucking quite otherwise, right, that's the theory. But I don't know, maybe the insulation or something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It feels everything does feel a little bit tinny, like some guys.
Speaker 3: We're doing this a couple of years ago and some are still doing it now with that. Noise cancelation is so simple. It's a simple fucking microphone that listens and then you know, does the opposite of the sound waves through the speaker.
Speaker 2: And you can't hear anything else. I wonder if that technology got expensive because Ford in the Okay, yeah, so Ford used to have it in the Ranger and then they deleted it and just didn't mention anything. And a lot of cars now have removed it. And I don't know why that's the case, because, like you said, a few years ago, it was a thing. It was the and it was really good. It worked. Yeah, yeah, it must be a patent thing. Yeah, I reckon something funny's gone on there with a patent or something, because.
Speaker 1: Well, Tesla's new Model three is apparently really quiet, and they've got like acoustic glass on everything, and the.
Speaker 2: Acoustic glass Ford Yess also have that and they removed it because it was expensive. So I think all of this stuff is just gradual cost cutting to make the production of the car cheaper. And perhaps some of it's been affected by semiconductors and other stuff like that.
Speaker 3: The glass has a lot of semicon.
Speaker 2: Maybe the machine that makes the glass.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So have we sent merchandise yet? I know I can't bringing this up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh so that was our MG four. Um, yes, I can call our merch guy right now if you're on.
Speaker 2: Can I get some? Yes, we need to get you some.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, I would love it would be honestly, I would love to see you drinking out of a mug, not so much with my face on a Paul's face on it. That would be amazing.
Speaker 2: So John Couldogan took a mug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and John Cadogan took a mug. In every video he puts up of him complaining about fucking three will run away and ship I'm just looking in the background from her mug. I'm like, where's my fucking mug that I gave you?
Speaker 2: John a.
Speaker 1: Fucking ship down? Where's my fucking mug?
Speaker 2: John? He's hilarious.
Speaker 1: I love the guy.
Speaker 2: That episode was so fun. It got us into a lot of trouble, but it was so it was great fun. Here we go. You can telemarketer. His name's.
Speaker 6: Fistol waters Hey, Gussie, how are you?
Speaker 1: I told you? He talks like a Bond villain?
Speaker 2: Should we tell him? We were recording a podcast, so he knows not to well, ought to swear.
Speaker 1: No, no, he can swear. Give me some swearing in Croatian.
Speaker 6: In Croatian, I can do in Brazilian Portuguese.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. I was very close.
Speaker 6: How are you man, I'm not too bad. I'm not too bad. We moved to a new warehouse, so every is boxed and being unboxed at the moment.
Speaker 2: Brazilians do love boxes, that's right.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can do some unboxing of our merge sometimes.
Speaker 6: Well, yes, I think I owe you a couple of cases of I think we talked about the mugs and stuff.
Speaker 1: But oh sure, I remember we talked about an eight ball and hookers. Yep, that too.
Speaker 2: I tell us about Machine's Plus all right.
Speaker 6: So I'm being a graphic design in my entire life. And when I came to Australia in two thousand and two, I started to work with sign writers and then I was invited to work for some of the main manufacturers of large format printers in the world, so Canon Abs in Roland, and he got into appointed that I decided, you know what, I think I needed to do this myself. So ten years ago I created Machines Plus, so a different way to sell large for my printers round than just selling people a box. I went, I'm going to do something different. I'm going to teach them how to use it. I'm going to teach them how to get the best out of it. And ten years later, here I am, I'm still going strong killing it.
Speaker 1: Have you got a jingle like Machines plus no Fuss or.
Speaker 6: Now? We call it a creating with you, So we create with people. So I allow people to create things.
Speaker 2: Oh I like it.
Speaker 1: Well, we've created some merch from these legends, and it sounds like it's on the way for our listeners. You're a bloody legend, Gus.
Speaker 6: Dairy legendary, and I hope that you're not lacked toosing tolerant.
Speaker 2: I told you that's good. I like that. Well, we're sorry for calling you, so, I like, we were just like recording the pod cast and we thought, you know, let's just give him a buzz and see what he's up to.
Speaker 6: Oh cool, Thank you, all right, Chat soon, chat soon, see you guys.
Speaker 3: Anyboddy, can I show you the photo of when Paul calls me? It is the greatest I've ever seen in life.
Speaker 2: Call elbows fla it's fella you fuck.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you have better tits than my wife. Jesus, Holy heck.
Speaker 2: Beneath that is a six pack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bloody VB. What are you smuggling more rolls in a bakery?
Speaker 3: He didn't notice his name at all.
Speaker 1: I couldn't, sorry, I thought he was stealing some sultanas he out under his shirt.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, a girl in high school stuffing dishes and the accepting of dishes want to take the dishes out. I think that's probably the greatest bat I've ever taken.
Speaker 1: Actually, at least how long have you been, Bloody wearing that Lorna Jane sports bra.
Speaker 2: A man bro Jesus.
Speaker 3: His name was on my phone, he said, his Electric Jesus, which is a gift from John Cadogan many years ago.
Speaker 2: He called them in a video Electric Jesus.
Speaker 1: We should go through some of these some of the stuff on the DM, yes, real quick.
Speaker 3: Fortunately the DM he got from the AI bot that he thought with the lady following him, Yeah, yeah, See, Paul has this weird conception that is an.
Speaker 2: Attractive dude I've noticed, and he got this.
Speaker 3: Random follow from this girl that clearly was way out of his leg by.
Speaker 2: Like a factor of fifteen. Yeah, and he's going, look at.
Speaker 3: This man, and I was like three seconds of research and it's an AI model and I'm like, dude, that chick is so fucking hot it has to be fake.
Speaker 2: And there's no way a real chick like that would follow you.
Speaker 1: So wasn't it just a female face put on that photo that you on your phone?
Speaker 2: Her body wasn't.
Speaker 1: As good in reality? He just couldn't wait to pull his pants off his own reflection. All right, lets check out Damns real quick, Bigodator Jerry Dilga Dilga Dilda Jerry Dilga Dilja. Good on me. I can't read Love the Podfall has always been a big fan of Paul's male friendly YouTube Yep Wow Love Talk God. He seems like the fucked up friend we all need. Excuse me.
Speaker 2: Friends pushing it.
Speaker 1: You guys were talking about this and having shitty infotainment got me wondering, have you ever done a breakdown or could you do a review on good infotainment? That sounds like a big challenge.
Speaker 2: Actually that exists on our YouTube channel. We did when we had the medium SUVs. We did an infotainment comparison, it was an absolute flop. No one kid, right, it is there.
Speaker 1: It's interesting though there's some there's some brands that for me, I don't really like their infotainment setup.
Speaker 3: But here's the deal, right, if it has car play, it doesn't matter, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: But I reckon that it should all generally roll into things like air con and stuff like that, like if you like physical buttons and otherwise, if you're using a Volkswagen product with.
Speaker 3: It doesn't even light up at night. There's no light behind it when you get in the car. And now it's like, oh, I guess I'll just fucking die of the heat.
Speaker 2: You right old freeze to death. Be too hot.
Speaker 1: I was going to say Trevor and his Coopra. He did come in here sweating, but Trevor always sweats.
Speaker 2: So it was a short walk from the door to the seat. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting one about their infotainment. I don't know. I think it's very dependent on manufacture automotive groups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Elbow said, if it's got car Player, Android Auto, I mean, if it's got Android or just get an iPhone and you'll have car.
Speaker 1: Plays and definitely get wireless Apple Car plays something with wireless Apple.
Speaker 3: I never experienced the car with Apple couple that wore it exactly.
Speaker 2: Yep, they all drop out toll toll gantries for some reason interfere with it. It drains your battery quickly. And then if you put it on the wireless charge, ye, your phone is molten lava when you take it off. It's just crazy.
Speaker 3: We did this road trip and then I eleven three rs and they both have upper wildscar plet and fucking neither car could maintain a connection.
Speaker 2: For more than like an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really, my seting is great. What I just bought us sober out back and you were Yeah, anyway, the point is I get no interruptions in my super out Interesting it could because I'm wearing like denim overalls and listening to Missy Higgins and Nickelback. The lesbians listened to Nickelback.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, given Paul's photo, he should you should know.
Speaker 1: We're talking about infotainment. You know who does good infotainment is the BMW's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon generally pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't they have They've got good race tech in it.
Speaker 2: Please, I actually think that will do the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the heads up display and.
Speaker 2: I feel while you're driving. That's the other thing. If you want to do something minor, you have to not watch the road pretty much. You have to do that just to see how fast you're going. Well that's a good point, yeah, but actually be worth I know we're gonna chat about this, but I'll very quickly pointed out we did a road trip in a pair of GD three hours is a signal yellow and a ruby baster. We basically drove them brand new to fifteen hundred kilometers to run them in for the launch, and because Melbourne to Adelaide launchers at the bend was about eight hundred k's, we thought, well it's just let's go scenic and we drove down the coast to Portland. It was nice.
Speaker 1: Did you see did you stop off and see Donna on the way? She was in Regional Australia around that way leg over.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then stayed at Mount Gambia. And that's probably the one and only time I need to do that in my life. Like one guy actually said to us, were fueling both cars up, and he was a roadworker. He goes, you guys lost, and I sort of just laughed a little bit and he goes, if I were you, I wouldn't be sticking around here. And I'm like, okay, that's fair enough, we'll get.
Speaker 1: The full You need the Adelaide Hills because they chop people up and put them in barrels. That's no fact.
Speaker 2: Paul then into a few fucking barrels. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: So I went from back he would have normally just turned around and gone. That was just from my penis.
Speaker 2: I went from mac Gambia to Renmark, which is sort of out back ish stated a caravan park, got recognized.
Speaker 1: Right, which is great, and by dinner and then yeah.
Speaker 2: Drive to the bend. So that was That was heaps of fun. That videos now live on YouTube, so make sure you go check that out. I threw a banana at elbows. He then tried to throw one back at me while driving, so that was fun.
Speaker 1: Wow, antics can't wait to see this video for a banana.
Speaker 3: Well, last time he actually hit me in the head while I was driving, which is pretty dangerousus.
Speaker 2: I wasn't expecting it to hit that. It hit fucking hard.
Speaker 1: But by the way, when you have a car like the GT three RS, I remember driving it thinking it's such a brilliant, well engineered in every aspect car. You really appreciate the price in a way. But you can't drive that thing every day. What's your thoughts? Can you drive that every day? Is it a daily No?
Speaker 2: Is it too rough? No?
Speaker 3: I mean there's no storage, so there's nothing in the front, there's nothing in the back, there's nothing behind the seats because the fucking roll cage. So if you genuinely had one single calls back, it needs to go on the passenger seat, which then makes it beat because it says there's no one fucking sitting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get a seat and then you put it down there in the foot well and it's just like a around. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So no, you can't drive it every day, But no one that buys that car doesn't have another car.
Speaker 2: The bigger issue for me was the gearing. Seventh gear. I only got seven gears and at one hundred and ten ks an hour, it's doing like three thousand rpm. It is so loud. Mean to sit in a highway, but if you're driving to the track or something, you drive it for an hour. We drive it for like sixteen hours in total on highways, and very I drove.
Speaker 3: It properly wherever I wasn't trying to do the red limitter and Paul drove it like an idiot.
Speaker 2: Well that was the story, right, It was who can run in their car the best? And then we would finish the video with the drag race to see who ran it in the best and that car would be quickest. So the results were interesting, cheated as usual. No, No, Paul is just a superior driver, a supurious specimen in every way.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Do you want a bucket for this pissing context? Which car do you reckon?
Speaker 2: Has?
Speaker 1: Which normal car? So I'm not talking supercars. I'm not talking like Ferrari, Lambeau Porsche. But a normal car maybe a BMW M three could fall into this that has good solid race tech.
Speaker 2: The three four definitely. What do you mean by race tech though.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean a lot of a lot of these cars, especially like the sort of hot hatches and stuff. They'll have cute little race tech in there, like they'll, you know, stuff for the track for instance, you and Dae's doing that track time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the BMW because they allow you to do You've got the drift analyzer, you can do variable traction control, you can set it to re will drive like that. There is a lot of stuff you can do in that, but you can't do another drift mode and stuff.
Speaker 3: But the mgs have got a version of that now too, you know, with the new sixty three that supposedly no one wants to buy.
Speaker 2: There's a good reason for that. But yeah, I reckon BMW is probably pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's not a really great car, by the way, that's sixty three just doesn't have a v in in anymore.
Speaker 2: I drove it.
Speaker 3: It's one of the fastest things if you drank the cool the same almost as quick as a Ferrari four.
Speaker 2: And eight from a hundred two hundred, and it almost weighs as much as the highlights. Literally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, it's not the fastest car around the bends.
Speaker 2: But most people that drive that car, they just want to. It makes no interesting noises. That's the problem that most people that buy that car.
Speaker 3: It's all about the eight and I loved hearing it, but it is if you take the sound out, it's a more superior car.
Speaker 1: You could argue that the sound makes it like I don't reckon generally forget about like the EV six gts, like the standard stuff I'm talking. I haven't really driven a high performance ev well.
Speaker 2: I mean the only real ones are like a tykwid Tobo.
Speaker 1: S Well, that's that's probably the only one that's half enjoyable. I think generally, it's like it's just a bit crap.
Speaker 3: Having driven that car a lot, you do the you know, launch control two or three times, or when someone new gets in the car, and then you drive it like a normal car because there's no emotion attached to it gets boring. You don't need to and it actually makes you feel sick when you accelerate that quick because it's fucking fast. Because you don't have the sound to go with it, your body can't really work it out.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I do wonder if that's because we've grown up with sound and maybe kids now will think that's normal, so therefore you don't feel unwell.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Sad though, It's like if someone puts like your favorite food in front of you. You see it and you can taste it, so that's pretty much all you get, but you don't get say, the texture and the smell, Like there's so much when you're in a car that's more than speed, you know what, I mean like you want to hear it, you completely feel.
Speaker 3: Everything a sense, yeah, in a few senses because the sound and the vibrations and the gears and there's so much going on in a naturally not even naturally just a normal car that you don't get from an EV But that is the times.
Speaker 2: Yes, Actually there was one thing I wanted to mention. So apparently there is a rumor that BBC is filming an Australian top gear.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, really like an Australian top kick because BBC just canned the famous top kick in the UK out Freddie Flintoff.
Speaker 2: What was like nine million pounds they'd pay him for lost earnings. Actually I thought it was more, but yeah, so he basically got severely injured and has two years of lost earnings and they've given him a stack of money out of that. But apparently they're about to start filming it now and apparently the rights How do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Richard Hammond would feel about that though, given that he like nearly he nearly died, plutty much died and he got like severe brain injuries, he would.
Speaker 2: Have it in his contract flint Off for something like that. But so what they're saying is that Channel ten is going to pay for a show, but then it'll be on a streaming service as well.
Speaker 1: Ran a story on this, we can't we can't mention the name.
Speaker 2: A publication ran a story on this and on Facebook they were asking who should host it? My name is mentioned about seven times this guy, So I'm not going to be on this show. But what do you reckon? Who do you think that? I think you do well on that show? Paul?
Speaker 3: I have absolutely I've got to say, more people watch your YouTube than anyone watch Top Television.
Speaker 2: Thing yea or Doctor Doctor Creed. But yeah, it is interesting.
Speaker 1: I wonder how Daniel would be good on that.
Speaker 2: It would be great, but it's a seven talent so that wouldn't work.
Speaker 1: You know, who genuine is gonna watch it?
Speaker 2: Watch? No one would like first one, And in Australia it's different. They destroyed a bunch of cars in the first one and car manufacturers like, no, this is ship, We're not doing this anymore. So so yeah, I think that ultimately that's going to be the thing that prevents it from working. So also the lack of fucking budget, like and the you know, like top g UK and it's heyday. They were spending was it three four million pounds an episode? And the and like you know that episode that in Japan where they drove the cars, the GDRs and across. Now, they had a crew go over a month in advance filming everything prior to the guys showing up, and I've got to say some man amazing shots of the whole Thing's not gonna fucking do that for top gift, right. People don't understand when you film a sequence where they're driving a long distance, you can't It's not conceivably possible to do it and film it at the same time. So you literally have to do it all twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're literally yeah, one for the one for the b roll and the scenery shots, and the other one is for the task.
Speaker 2: And then the other giveaway as well is whenever you see a car that's in a driving shot, whether it's a fast driving shot or a slow driving shot, it'll have a polarizer on the windscreens. You can't say who's driving. And then that means they can have the talent do the talking inside the car, make it look like they're doing that, and then all of the exterior footage is someone else driving shot at a totally different time anyway, but yes, please leave us a comment and a rating. We do appreciate everyone and then contact it the Drivers Show dot com today you if you want to get in touch and have us read something. And I think Gus is working on some merch, some merch that after that story.
Speaker 1: And then there's a guy who will we're going to call up. I don't know if we're going to have time, but he runs the Australian Drift School and he was going to offer I said no a joel h No. I think his name's Fernando oh Alonzo.
Speaker 2: No, let me find him.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, he runs Drift School Australia down at Sydney Motorsport Park. He's like, God, come down.
Speaker 2: This will be interesting. Can you please video that? Can you?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine one of our first major incidents.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be able to get him off a yacht.
Speaker 3: One of our first major incidents at Caroos was Tony attending to drift an FPV and then hitting the gutter.
Speaker 2: So hard he drifted it just into a gutter, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Broke the rear axle and fucked the car and Ford bannits for like a year, and no one fucking told me that it has happened for like three weeks, and I was like, what the fuck we fucking idiots doing? You know, like, why would you drift the car on a fucking public road? And most importantly why would you give it to You can barely steers straight?
Speaker 2: So you're going to go do some drifting?
Speaker 1: Well, I believe that. Should we quickly call him? If we've got time, We've got two seconds, let's quickly call him. I think he's an interesting guy. I think he used to be like an Australian champion.
Speaker 2: Or something, right Australia speaking.
Speaker 1: Hey, how you doing, bro? I'm good man. Hey, I got your I got your message. I got your message about about drifting, and you reckon you can teach me a thing or two about drifting, huh.
Speaker 7: I see that Paul seems to have some grasp on it, and you're really struggling.
Speaker 2: This is music to my ears. Unfortunately for old mates over here, he is utterly hopeless. So I think you could teach everyone, but just not him.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, well there's no there's no such thing as hopeless. Surely we can get something out of here.
Speaker 1: I think specials Maurice terminology. I think you can put special stickers on the car for.
Speaker 2: Those Fernando tell us about what you do, and I guess how you teach people how to drift?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: So we I mean we take people from all levels. We even had a bunch of people turn up to Yeah, let me tell you quick story we've had. We had one instructor to come up to us and go, are you are you guys taking a piece? And we're like, we're talking about it. Guess I just I just had five people in a row that didn't know how to drive. Manual I had to give anual lesson. Are you guys putting them in my car on purpose? And we're like, no, man, it's just by a coincidence. But so that told you that we get people from all levels, all walks of life, all backgrounds, and yeah, we do our best to teach them how to drift, and we you know, most of the time we do get them across the line in the given time that we've got obviously, So yeah, I believe we've got hope for everyone. And yeah, we can definitely.
Speaker 2: Help help aud out.
Speaker 1: I reckon I can do it. Where is lacking Yes, the thing is you reckon. You can get me doing a figure eight by the end of like four hours.
Speaker 7: I have no doubt, no doubt, no doubt. I see pauls pretty good with the donuts, the continuous donuts.
Speaker 2: Let's maybe start let's.
Speaker 7: Crawl before we can well, let's crawl before we can walk. Let's get you doing some donuts first, continuously, and then we will look at the figure rates.
Speaker 1: After that piece of Pierce La Troba University car park, I could fucking sell you a Crispy Cream factory.
Speaker 6: Impression.
Speaker 7: All the thirty year old girls with those handbirds.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're not allowed to mention that. Well, I'm excited to see this. We're going to make sure that we get the video of we'll get it.
Speaker 1: I think we'll get him in because we can analyze footage and we can do all sorts of stuff. And yeah, it's good to talk to you man, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Definitely, definitely. Look, let's get you out there, let's get it all happen, and let's get you in and now those cars and then sit down and discuss where you improved where you're at, and yeah, we'll move forward from there.
Speaker 1: Just a quick one for people who want to join me on the day.
Speaker 2: Where are they going?
Speaker 1: Give us the links?
Speaker 7: So ww dot or School Australia dot com. We we're out next on November eighteenth.
Speaker 2: I believe it is.
Speaker 7: We've got some spots available, but they do sell out pretty quick.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see you down there.
Speaker 2: Man. You can't wait.
Speaker 7: Thank you. I can't wait to get you. They mate, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: See Fernando, thanks for the guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks yeah dot com website, but I do find the quick. Yeah's got to make sure you get the right one. But I'm looking forward to seeing. That's a that'll be interesting. So wait, join us on our next episode where we analyze this.
Speaker 1: I'll be I'll be shaving my head and coming in like Vin Diesel.
Speaker 3: Vinda doesn't atually know how to drive, and that's how you're coming in.
Speaker 2: You were doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a quarter mile at a time guy, and he's all about family.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter if you win by what albos big cinema fan, So I just want to say big thank you elbows for coming in and having a chat with us.
Speaker 2: It was good fun. So we do this again. Definitely have to listen to this episode. Well, I listened to it and going to eat it out.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see how it goes, We'll see what you solicitors say, and then I'll come back.
Speaker 3: I remember, I remember Paul called me before that Cadan episode said, yeah, so this Candogian episode, I'm like, fucking.
Speaker 2: He said everything I didn't want him to say.
Speaker 1: Rate review, share the drivershow dot com, dot you, thank you, everybody,