Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Mildon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond, Gold one four point three HQGS, Melbourne, Australia, Prodcasting to the world that Christian had to make myself a stiff pedermint tea to steady myself. Listen to that oaty Goodness Breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: I got completely naked and Bianca brushing me from here to talk now.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Tuesday Morning on Gold one I four point three for air Van WARTU have you world this morning? So yesterday my teenage daughter comes home from school, wh she says, do you wash your legs in the shower? I don't know why people have been talking at school about Monday eggs.
Speaker 3: There's old sticky legs.
Speaker 2: Oh bummy sticky eggs is here? You smell that guy's calves and so I was stick you anywhere? You just do stuff automatically in life, don't you just you kind of just stumble throw most of your life for you. Don't you do I really wine the last shower you had in your mind? Do my legs? I think yes, I do, actually, because I know a couple of weeks ago and it was my birthday last month. They got with some nice a soops shower wash and I found that I find that it only is a wash. It has a nice kind of milky moisturizing fell to it. And so I find that actually two of my legs is it has a nice silky texture like a lady. You know you have those nice you moisturize your legs when you get out of the showered in But this I feel like doing it there. So I do. Do you wash your legs and a shower?
Speaker 3: I do. I don't soap every day, but when I soap, I include the legs.
Speaker 2: You're not soaping up of the shower if you do it.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I just go for a rinse. Yeah, just stand under the water.
Speaker 2: Can your und pits?
Speaker 3: I yeah, I give I give them some water by time.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I really would prefer some hygiene. Now I know what that smell is in there. I thought it was Huggy, because you know, Huggy drives is underpants sometimes in here overnight. I've told him to get a washing life or something, he just drives them out in here. You can't be doing that. Some sort of hobo or something. I still use the owner and so don't you can't do all the job?
Speaker 3: No, I think they smell okay now.
Speaker 2: But you know what it is often people with bo they can't smell.
Speaker 4: They can't smell it themselves.
Speaker 2: Why can't they? Why what do you think that is?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're the one person should smell. The rest of us don't need that gift. You should say, Patsy, do you wash your legs in a shell? No?
Speaker 4: The only time I wash them is if I shaved them once in a blue moon. It's the only time they see soap.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, who's got worse hygiene than out.
Speaker 2: Of me and you?
Speaker 4: But just you're washing the u top half right, and all the SuDS from your body wash go down your legs.
Speaker 2: In They don't know, they don't they drop off the torso, don't they? They just sort of And also, do you guys ever wash your feet in the sheller? That should be the big question, because that's the smelliest part of your body. We never wash our feet, do we? The bit that really needs the actually the most washing. You just kind of think it's it's like you said, perhaps it's a trick down.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why you don't, because if you soaped up your feet, it's so slippery.
Speaker 2: The reason why I think this has come up is I did a google it today and it turns out there is a big thing going around the internet right now about do you watch the legs and the shower? And it all stems from this interview that Taylor Swift has done. Get this, Pats she says in this interview with Ellen, and I like it and I think she's a great TV show. But anyway, Taylor Swift Roddy does interview, so this big thing about she's got a lot she wants to say. The only clip I've seen so far is Ellen asking her does she wash her legs in a shower? That is where it's come from. I found, you know, someone times with these internet things like where did that come from? What's the source of it? The spring? Where is it? It's Taylor Swift on Ellen. And then the other thing is Taylor Swift in this clip I saw, she says that she shaves her leg legs not this is one of them, but where lady hairy? For the fans are like a nice lady with a hairy leg. And then smooth. On the other one, she shaves her legs every day. Oh gosh, no, no lady, do that.
Speaker 4: No, that's just asking for trouble. Makes them hairier and bristlier.
Speaker 2: How is it asking for trouble from their hair? God?
Speaker 4: Well, it makes the hair grow more.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 4: I don't believe she'd shave her legs. She'd be a laser girl. She can afford.
Speaker 2: Laser's tell you what? Why would she lie to Ellen degenerous? And is that? Actually it's not an over myth about shaving. It makes it grow quicker?
Speaker 4: No, it does.
Speaker 2: What's the science of that, because surely if men shave, then what it starts growing back quicker?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does on my legs.
Speaker 5: I know that.
Speaker 3: Really, I'm going to start shaving in those little ball patches.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we're not going to out the old mange of jack bows again.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well, the big thing I need is a panel beater. Scratched the car yesterday. Wife doesn't get back to a Winson night. I'm just trying to there not be something that I screwed up on. I've been doing so well so far, you know, and obviously you're worried about our youngest store having concussion and got the call from school yesterday to go and get out of school. And then she seems to be okay and have a really big appetite, slept for three hours, and then it suddenly hit me you had a massive maths test in the afternoon, and I'm like, once again, those kids have played me. And I'm like, what time is that math test that you kept going on about all weekend? How are you dreading it after lunch? When did I get you before? Like, okay, okay, it's because your mind's are you do not have severe concussion anyway, So I need a panel bey to when I was rushing because at the time when you get the phone call from the school and she'd had a little bit of worry about concussion. After the footy game on Sunday afternoon, I leg it there to quickly spossible, thinking cracker may maybe I didn't take to the hospital to go and get scanned. So I get home, I get in the car and you know, when you're rushing and you've not been as vigilans you should be, and I scratched the car, get out the driveway, and you just hear that horrible, ugly metallic he slammed the brake call and then something pops out that obviously was painting it, and you think, so that's bad. I don't have time right now to really get into that. That will be waiting for me later. You kind of hope that the car pixies or life fairies will mend it. So actually, ah, it's actually okay. There was just a made up sound effect play. I got to challenge me in my way today. But then later on in the afternoon, I went out to have a look and it went, ah, yeah, that's fold up the pain. And it's like, you know anything, you've only got to have like an inch on that door, one of those doors, and that's it. They've got to do the whole door. So Basicallychine Panel Service. Do we have any listeners working for Sheine Panel Service? I mean, what do they do? Because I remember a couple of years ago this happened and this guy came around my house. He thought he could walk on water. He was called the dent Magician. Right. This guy loved himself. You know when you just see someone, I'm gonna love this guy right. He was immacately turned out. He had like a T shirt with Dent Magician on it. He was ripped, and I was like, this guy like red flags before having waving open the door, and Stray was like, sorry, I'm like ex wife's giving me a lot of grief. Anyway, is it too much? Just get the dent out Dent Magician. It was a lot of the marriage Magician. I then go, I start challenging because I'm interested about what he's going to do. He goes, if you don't mind, I'd rather not tell you. I know what you do. And I said, I'm not going to talk on the radio. I'm not gonna share.
Speaker 3: You're still his business.
Speaker 2: You'll see a David Copperfield. And then he goes still rather not. He erects a screen around my car like a murdercine that I'm not allowed to despite me paying way too much for the Dent Magician to start working, and I say, I hear a really weedy sort of machine starts. I think, what is it actually doing there? Anyway, we've went into the Dent Magician once. He then goes he opens up some of the screen when you can come and have a look now and they go in there and the dent magician that's why he's called that the dent and gone, so I can't fly him over.
Speaker 3: I didn't know they head panel baders that came out to your house like a call.
Speaker 2: Think it's a certain dents by What this is involves the scratch I've made yesterday, involves that filled up paintwork.
Speaker 3: Not even a magician can do it. We have the touch up.
Speaker 4: Melbourne has a touch up guys, but you might need more than that. If it's like back to Beer Middle, I.
Speaker 2: Tell you what I need is it needs to be fixed by tomorrow evening nine point thirty. Because Sarah doesn't know about it, and she's always saying to me, one day, you're going to scratch that car. You never judge that angle right when you're driving out, and she was like, oh god, she's gonna come back, and she's just say, Chris, I've been telling you for the last year and you've gone and done it. I need it not to be there when she gets back. So why aren't there more companies that work twenty four hours? Why can't you just drop a car off at like two in the morning to get something beaten out of it. So yeah, basically, Pats, I know you're used to be a before that you've got discovered by the news teaming Pats used to work at Sheen Panel Service. So if you can bring your tools in tomorrow the.
Speaker 1: First to O'Connell break the show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Some of your emails late. We call it lakes La Party. It just means that you can always join whenever we've talked about on the show, whenever you want. No topic is completely left dead. This comes from Ella Bradshaw lates La Party. Things You've thrown Away Christian. I was catching up on the podcast listening to here in Melbourne and I had a topic about things you've accidentally thrown away. My dad is a ceial offender when it comes to throwing other people's things away. My mum had a ratty old robe that she wore all the time, so for Mother's Day, me and my brother tracked down a brand new robe exactly like the one she already had. She was so happy with the president she couldn't find it. A couple of days later, when she asked my dad where the bag was, he went, oh, that bag, that was just hanging around with all the old wrapping paper, and I threw it out Christian. The robe was so heavy. If you ever tried to pick up a bag with a robe in there, they are heavy. They're not light. It gets We bought a replacement robe. He absolutely threw that one away as well. Do you not think once there's a mistake. He just doesn't like the robe. Another one was and when we went to Broom on holiday, I was fifteen, saved up money to buy some pearl earrings, not very good quality, what with me just being fifteen, how I wanted to wear them so I could look like Tiffany, they could like fake Tiffany diamond earrings and put them in this little tiny bag. And guess who threw them out? My dad. So far we reckon. He's probably thrown out about ten thousand dollars worth of stuff. That's amazing. I love the son of your dad, Eda, Eda. Thank you very much for that. I'll send you one of our brand new Breakfast Show mugs. If you email me we read them out on air, then I'll send you one of our Breakfast Show mugs. We've got a new batch coming in now. All you gotta do. The email address is Christian at Gold one O four to three dot com AU and you can join in about anything you want.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: On this.
Speaker 2: Day mystery. On this day just suddenly realized another day from yesterday, another day closer to my wedding anniversary Thursday than another busy day yesterday. What was scratching a car having had a chance to get a present for twenty one.
Speaker 3: Years something made of brass or something made of nickel.
Speaker 2: Told you nickelback merchandise. What finer for a lady celebrating marking twenty one years of our union Jack you're in chance today have on this day in mystery?
Speaker 3: The question for today is forty years ago Australia issued what could be the most unusual fine ever, What was it and who was it to?
Speaker 2: So? Was it to an individual? Were they finding someone here? Because you know this is quite nanny stay here. I thought we liked that in bomby Land, but there are a lot of fines that get bandied around here.
Speaker 3: It was not to an individual, do you know?
Speaker 2: By the way, I still can't read the old street signs. You know where that's like split into four quadrants like a shield, and it's got like an s like a dollar sign with an arrow through it and then an arrow one way the way and go. Can I just tell me parking or no? Parking?
Speaker 3: Bank will take a photo and send me a photo message and say can I park for a park?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I might start doing it's our service. Then I'm happy to subscribe, like I shoot you ten bucks a month because yesterday again I got another fine. I'm picking up a bike one a month of eighty bucks a great day. I think they're deliberately confusing.
Speaker 3: They're so confusing. And then sometimes they'll have like five to seven pm on a Wednesday.
Speaker 2: What happens? Is there a happy hour? I can't park happy hour? What's going on between five and seven?
Speaker 3: I think there must be some for a street sweeper to come through. That's the only reason I think they would have like on Tuesday from nine am to ten am, no parking, yes.
Speaker 4: Or clear ways there are a big thing.
Speaker 3: No, but it chooses one day. Sometimes on Wednesdays.
Speaker 2: There's too much information about in a shield anyway, so I have confused it. I'm taking us off down a sign road. The question again for today's On this Day mystery is on.
Speaker 3: This Dame History Australia issued what could be the unusual fine? Ever, what was it and who was it to?
Speaker 2: Okay, give us a call with you guess there's no four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Christian try parking in a truck mail space in South yer Are. There's a few spots like this, say simply find you for the option you don't fit in. Yeah, do you know what i'd I actually do need to start taking pictures and like sending it to Jack for you to work out whether or not I can pay there, or if there's some kind of app or if there's anyone who's got like a doctor's got one of those spared doctor on call things, you know, the exempt you week can just park anywhere.
Speaker 3: So that's to say, if you're a doctor attending to an emergency, you can park whereveryone.
Speaker 2: Because you imagine if you were a doctor visiting a sick patient at home, you can't be driving around looking for a parking spot. So they have this thing it's especial. Then only doctors have where it sits on there. It says doctor on call, which is a great phrase. Isn't it an old old timey phrase? Isn't it doctor on call? And I always I wish I wish I had one of those, Maybe said DJ I and call. He's probably taken requests or any last requests. Let's still on this day in mystery, this day, mystery, on this date? Is there a featuring called last Requests?
Speaker 3: Are they really dying?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm going to go around like a veryo care hose. Doris, Doris, don't go to light yet you say? The chorus sounds a bit like what was it? Doris? Stay with us? Doris meat loaf? Right, Okay, now we're somewhere. No, they're not really die. We're going to go around hospitals where they're seriously or people. I've got a feature called last Requests. We'll get it. Would you easily get a sponsor sales? Do you know what? Let's try this right, Let's get the producer brand to email sales going. Christian's got a feature called last Request. It's dying people requesting a song. I bet you that'd be sponsored within twenty four hour home or home absolutely one of the undertakers. You know, have you They're ferocious that sales team. Anyway, on this day mystery chat the question today find out.
Speaker 3: They sold it for the rest of the year and now will have to.
Speaker 2: Do it everywhere. I have to keep doing it.
Speaker 3: The question is forty years ago Australia issued a really unusual fine. What was it and who was it? Two?
Speaker 2: Was it for Fox FM for crimes against radio? All right, let's go to Tim. Good morning, Tim, Good morning, Good morning, Tim, Welcome to the show. How are you this morning, mate? I'm very well, Thank you excellent Tim? All right, what do you think the answer is?
Speaker 5: I reckon Australia issue a fine too NASA for a bit of space juck that will fell out of the sky and I believe it was somewhere over in Western Australia.
Speaker 2: Tim, You're absolutely right, Tim, several hats off. How did you know that? We didn't think anyone would get it right. It's a great question.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I just remember hearing about it years and years ago. When you asked the question, I just yeah, yeah, that must be it.
Speaker 2: Tim. I was going to put any brides on this, but you know what if you want to come and see Rocketman next week with us, this big new Elton John movie on Monday Night. You're more than welcome. We love to see that. Timbo will see you there.
Speaker 3: Yes, So what happened so the town of Espirans in w A. He's absolutely right. NASA had sent up what they wanted to be the original space station and they couldn't keep it up there. It disintegrated coming back to Earth and parts of it fell over w A.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: So they issued a four hundred dollars fine for littering, which, yeah.
Speaker 2: How arrogant of NASA. They can write, there's been billions on that space program. Do you think it can get? You know, whether you get the first sort of thing about a fine, don't you? Then you get the black letter, that angry blood red one.
Speaker 3: You think they came down They just been it threatening to send the sheriff around, clamped their wheels.
Speaker 1: Rocket the Christian who Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three produce about just pumped into studio. I thought, so I took about some urgent business to do with the show, and Jack you'll be my witness. This is what she said, it's the middle of the show, guys, take a look ount there. Sometimes I just can't comprehend space. Some night work the word that is what she said.
Speaker 3: She said she can't comprehend outside of this fear. We could just go up into space.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, produce about it? I just don't.
Speaker 7: I find that what is outside of Earth is so immense unknown. It's really hard to imagine that we can go out of this globe that we live in and be in another realm.
Speaker 2: If you like, are you high? I've told you before about taking drugs after the show, do what you want, but not between six and ten The.
Speaker 1: Christian who Connall Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Right now, friends, it is on us. It is here. It is time four five topic Tuesday. We do this on the show. We run a five phone ins at the same time. You are the only listeners in Australia that can make this work. Cope with five different phones at the same time. As always when I read them out. If you've got any story about any of them, just give us a call nine four four one four three best calls we get till the next hour. Today we have got some amazing tickets. We're hosting and advanced screening of this new Elton John movie, Rocketman next Monday night. A Rocketman comes out on May the thirtieth. You can see an advanced screening with us next Monday night. People are raving about this Eric. It's going to be bigger than even Bohemian Rhapsody. Eltons of course here at the end of the year, but you can come see the movie next week. Five topic Tuesday. Here are the phone is today? Why were you on the roof yesterday? We're chatting to a caller had some story about being up on the roof. Why were you on the roof? Also creative parental punishments. I remember a friend of mine, his dad was going nuts. He kept slamming the bedroom door all the time, right, And so his dad said, seriously, son, stopped doing that, and he didn't. His dad took the hinges off the door, took the door off, and for a week he had no door. And when you're fourteen year old boy go through all those changes, you need a door. He did not sat hard a week. The door went back on. He never slammed that door ever. Again. What a smart punishment that is? So yeah, unusually in creative parental punishments. What did your mom and dad do to you yesterday? I've scratched, ripped of paintwork off and put a dent in the passenger door. I want to try and get a repair before my wife comes back Thursday. There must be stories about where you try to hide dents and prangs from your other half. It's such a big area of a bone of contention and relationships, isn't it. When when of he prangs the car, it's a lecture from the other one, the money involved, you're rushing around. I'm sure there are some of you got stories where you've dented or praying in the car and you've not said a thing, and so when the other half goes, I think I've just dented the car, You keep quiet, You sit down when he should have stood up. So if you've got a still on that nine four one O four three? Are you named after TV character? The l's biggest TV show, Game of Thrones ended yesterday, loads of different strange and unusual TV characters names like Denarius and lots of our young babies all over the world being named after Game of Thrones characters. Are you actually named after TV character. One of you, Jillian, who listens to the show, is such a mad Dallas fan that she named her daughter April, which is a lovely name after Bobby Ewing if you remember him in Dallas Pats Bobby Ewing's second wife April. But are you named after a TV character? And the last one? We'll hear this phrase a lot. He It's always he, really she it's always he was caught with his with his trousers down? Has anyone actually is that true? Has anyone actually lived out that well known, well worn phrase caught with their trousers down? All right? Those are your five topics this morning on nine four one four three? Why were you on the roof creative and unusual parental punishments? Has anyone actually been caught with their trousers down? Hiding dents and brags from your other half? And are you named after TV character? All right? Give us a call out, jump on the phones nine four one four three, go the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three doing five to bit Tuesday? Christian five to bit Tuesday? Are you named after a TV character? We named our daughter Kennedy from the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. We just started watching the show with her, looking forward to seeing her reaction when she finds out the reception the inspiration for her name is a slayer. Buffy was a great TV show, really really smart show that All right, then, let's see what you got on the lines this morning. Let's go to Amy and Frankston. Good morning, Amy, good morning, good morning, welcome to five Little Bit Tuesday. And you got one about creative parental punishments.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So I used to read a lot, and my parents used to take the light bulbs out of my room so I wouldn't read into the night because I used to sleep in.
Speaker 9: Just specause of this. But I used to get creative.
Speaker 8: In going around it, because I would still my brother's game boy with a little light that was attached to it, yep, and use that instead to read so that the light wouldn't show under my door.
Speaker 2: And that sounds like you're living in some kind of prison, whether you're like random sat Inspections just found a heading contramand lights pretty much walk the line, Amy, walk the line. No reading in this house? All right, Amy, Thank you very much. She called I have a good day. You do all right, John and Keysbrooke. Good morning, Johnny Boy, are you going? I'm good, John, Welcome to the show. I wish one here calling in about John named.
Speaker 10: After a TV character?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, go on, what do you got?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's not my daughter. I named her after Dana Scully off The.
Speaker 2: X Files, another great TV show. Wasn't that big TV show?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 10: I was right into the X Files. And when yeah, I found out my wife was pregnant and we had a daughter, I wanted to name it Dana.
Speaker 2: Oh that's prettiant, Dana Scully. Does she know how old is she now?
Speaker 10: My daughter is twenty two?
Speaker 2: Yep, you got that in the end. Yeah, I knew. Quys we're going to do on the show, how old are your children? Get it right? Win Cash, jolly boylace.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 10: She's she's had a kid of her own now. And her partner named my grandson after a fighter at a Mortal Combat. I think it was.
Speaker 2: This is great. I didn't know you had a hidden owners track on this story named after your character for Mortal Combat.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, Raid, Yeah, Raid?
Speaker 2: Okay, John, thank you very much. John Way. Hey listen, John, you're going to come and see rocket Man with us. She gave us two stories there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, now pass them on to the next column.
Speaker 2: Now I work nights, oh dear, Or how you start?
Speaker 10: I started ten o'clock at night.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what would be done by then. We've all got to get to bed. You we're like send her and I turned into pumpkin.
Speaker 10: If not in bed by midnight, I'm a baker.
Speaker 2: So you still don't want to come.
Speaker 10: No, given, give him to the next column, John, I'll pay it forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're very kind.
Speaker 12: Not that.
Speaker 2: That's that's your John, John. Love talk to you, mate, Okay, thanks for calling.
Speaker 10: Thanks, mate, I have a good day.
Speaker 2: He did not want to come to that screen if I said, listen, we're doing at seven in the morning.
Speaker 3: We'll come to your house up, we'll screen it.
Speaker 2: In your bakery. Nah, no hanging out with you listening in the morning. They want to see you with you, Oh, any part of the day. He was brilliant. Two great stories at Megan, good morning, Good morning, Christian. Well goodness is you already won some tickets and the rocket Man because John's has paid it forward.
Speaker 9: Thank you, John.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true for you. Now which one are you calling it about?
Speaker 9: Meghan, I'm calling about the dint in the car. Oh yeah, So my sister and I borrowed my brother's car on the sly. We didn't tell him, So we borrowed his car and took it to the shops and there was a bit of a narrow parking space. Being a you know, I backed into that parking space and.
Speaker 2: That noise.
Speaker 9: So we scrambled and panicked because we're a bit afraid of a big brother. Couple five years age gaps between us, and we're a bit scared of him at the time, and so we head off to super cheap order and bought all the things bits and bobs to fix the car, and we painted it and popped out the little dent and thought we'd done a really great job, took the car home and didn't say the word. And a few weeks later, my brother storms into our house some was banged into my car and hasn't left the note, and and my sister I just we did not say a single word. We just looked at each other, you know, crickets and all that sort of stuff, and we said nothing. And I swear to you, Christian, that was twenty five years ago, and it's.
Speaker 2: Just a perfect crime. It's the perfect crime. I'm not judging you. I'm in awe of you. Ah.
Speaker 9: We had not told him. He's listening, Paul. I'm really, really sorry. It was sneaky and I and please don't hurt us.
Speaker 2: Can you? Can you come around and sort my car out so my wife doesn't see it when she comes back Thursday.
Speaker 9: It sounds like you two a good Yeah, we're masters.
Speaker 2: Can I just ask a question? Are you from New Zealand? No? I thought the way you said dent as in DNT in the car, I thought it was a key.
Speaker 3: We again. I guess you could have a dent or a dint, can you.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you could have a DNT.
Speaker 4: Now, isn't it dented? If it's got a dint, it's dented.
Speaker 2: What's the DNT?
Speaker 4: Same thing?
Speaker 2: No, it's two words, d E N. They don't want to be d I N T like lint?
Speaker 4: The same, isn't it? Same bit?
Speaker 3: Different? Dint is a small dent?
Speaker 2: That the.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a difference, Gosha. We've learned a lot during this corn Megan, Megan, we see it rocket man Monday night.
Speaker 9: Heay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: John John de Baker is not going to be there though. That's one of the moments signing for him. All right, keep your calls coming. Then five top Tuesday. The topic is this morning are and the best stories. We're giving you tickets come and see you rocket Man with us unless you don't want to be there. Why were you on the roof? Stories about why you're on the roof? Creative and unusual parental punishments, Has anyone ever actually been caught with their trousers down? Hiding DNT and dent from the other half? And are you named after a TV character? Nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're in the middle of five to bit Tuesday. One of the topics is you know the phrase caught with their pants down? Has anyone actually been caught with their pants down? Have had to edit this erail from Karen Ballad, Morning Guys, My husband and I were spicing things up, Edith Veil bird Watch one night. Wait wait wait, I know I paused for a reason, just to give us all time to try and process half a sentence. Morning Guys, Hobby and myself were spicing things up at the Edith Veil bird watch one night.
Speaker 3: What is the Edith Vail bird Watch?
Speaker 2: I thought you guys might tell me.
Speaker 4: I'd say it's local bird watches gathering it Edith fail right, okay, doing all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 2: But obviously not you know, looking out for actual birds. Well, yes, sure a lot of people are. But some people maybe they obviously get excited by nests. Who knows eggs? I don't know. Anyway, police showed up and asked what we were up to. We're up to in there, my husband hastily replied, and he still lives us down to the day. Just some hanky panky, officer. A great phrase. I wonder sometimes whether certain phrases will just not survive a generation. Phats. I don't think our kids are going to use the phrase hanky panky anymore. It even sounds a bit creepy now, doesn't it. For no good reason, we had it. It survived generations. Hanky they were up to, you know what they're up to? Well about hanky panky, anyway, he said, it's a bit of hanky panky, officer. The officer replied, need to take your pants down to your ankles for that, do your mate. Then they asked if we had any weapons or drugs with us, and then my husband then just went no, there's just some cricket gear in the car.
Speaker 3: There's too much to comprehend.
Speaker 2: He then asked us to changed and come out, and he led us off with the caution and then typical Australians Christian, my husband and the officer then got talking about I love all of that. That is brilliant, Karen. That's I'm going after Google now, edith Ville bird Watch. All right, so the five topics today on five Topic Tuesday are for you this morning? Wait you sir? That one?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Has anyone actually been caught with their trousers down? Yes, Howard and her husband Edithville bird Watch. Are you named after a TV character? Many young babies over the last couple years have Game of Thrones, some huge epic rain have been named after various characters in the show. But are you named after TV character? Hiding DNTs and dents from your other half? Praying the car yesterday, I'm hoping to try and get a panel beat a a sort of app before my wife gets back Thursday. And creative and unusual unusual parental punishments and why were you on the roof for one oh four three? Stephanie? Good morning, Hi Christian, how are you. I'm good. Welcome to show, Steph. I know you called in to start to eight o'clock, so thanks for hanging on for us.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm ringing about the creative parental punishment.
Speaker 2: Oh brinniant, off you go.
Speaker 6: When I was growing up, I used to hate spending any money and everyone used to make fun of me because of this, and I used to hate cleaning my room as well. So Mum decided when I was out one day, she would clean my room and then she would charge me fifty.
Speaker 2: Dollars expensive clean. Yeah, clean a kid's bedroom. And how are you meant to get this fifty bucks together?
Speaker 10: Well, she's sort of.
Speaker 6: When I was a kid, you know, she had access to my bank account, so she sort of just took the fifty dollars out.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Her parents are clean. I mon't do that today. They clean their kids room and then invoice them. All right, Stephanie, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Thanks for shame.
Speaker 11: Okay, good ay, guys, here we go.
Speaker 2: We're good, Shane, I hope you're well this so well, thanks for calling the show, which one is calling in about Shane?
Speaker 11: First of all, I'd like to apologize because only listen to you twice or three times a week because the other three times I'm up in Sydney.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'll tell you what, Shane, you don't need to apologize, but how lovely for apologizing for your absence. Can anyone cover Shane's days he's not listening to show? Shane? Where's two days do you miss when you're in Sydney? Mate?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 11: At rotates sometimes Mondays and Wednesdays, and it's Tuesday, Thursdays and Friday.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll see we can get someone and cover the day. I can't have missing listeners. We've only got twelve of you. Anyway. You know that we've got posters everywhere that I wanted, posters more than advertised. All right, Sharone, if you go back.
Speaker 11: I light it's so bad being on the route. And what happened was I'm a big fan of photographing lightning, and I've been on the roof many a times photographing lightning, and one particular night was it was getting a big close, so I decided to get down, started to rain, and just as I got down, a lightning bolt hit about two hundred meters away. Wow, and what started all? This was many many years ago, about thirty as thereabouts. I was actually on the phone on a hand line and lightning actually hit my parents' house and mum got a z app. I got a zapp and yeah we had a big hole in the roof.
Speaker 2: Then what do you mean you got usap through the hand line.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, we got a zapp through the hand line. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'd never heard of that. You've got lightning It went through the phone.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And mum was doing dishes at I think, and.
Speaker 2: She got lucky she didn't have west.
Speaker 11: She got a zapp as well.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's great. You must have some amazing photos.
Speaker 11: I've got some pretty good ones all around Australia, different lightning jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sent me someone put them up on our website. And those picture of lightning is such an incredible kind of elemental thing. Some of those folks, especially when it's dark and it really sort of pops out, it's more more vivid. They look incredible. I'd love to see your best ones.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, Probably the best one I got was I to go to about four o'clock in the afternoon, and I actually got the rainbow shooting the rainbow when I got a lightning bolt go through the rainbow, So that was pretty pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Send that into us. Okay, my aim and address is this Christian at gold one II four three dot com dot AU.
Speaker 11: No worries, I'll have to do it when I come home from Sydney.
Speaker 2: I'll give you some briefing notes on what you missed on the shows while you're aware.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, thank you very much guys, and.
Speaker 2: Listen if you are round I don't know with your schedule with you around Monday night to come and join us for a beer and watch Elton Johnson movie rocket Man. We'd love to see the Shane, but I know you're you're busy boy.
Speaker 10: Oh, no worries.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm sure the wife would definitely want.
Speaker 2: I get great. Okay, very funny, cool mate, Thanks a.
Speaker 11: Lot, No right, thanks, guys, I love the chat.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you. Three out of five days a week. Uh, he's a great man. I'll give us a call them five till Tuesday nine four one one four three. You're on great form of some morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one O all point three.
Speaker 2: She just googled the Merriam Webster Dictionary, one of the world's oldest dictionaries, along with the Colins. Since eighteen twenty eight, I tapped in hanky panky to now two possible definitions of hanky panky questionable or underhand activity, sexual dallions. Oh so, who doesn't first known use of the word hanky panky eighteen forty one. If you just tuned in, you're wondering, how on earth do I even explain? It's because we were talking. We're doing five Time Tuesday. One of the top which was has anyone ever actually been caught with the trousers down? And it turns out Karen and her husband had it. Get this Edith Felle bird watching.
Speaker 3: And someone takes it in to say the wetlands where people watch birds and there's special boxes set up.
Speaker 2: For doing it or no dalliants. I'm getting confused. I don't want to take my wife out there for a wedding anniversary. You get confused by what we can do in the little viewing boxes there. Everything there now sound sex, doesn't it? The wet lands alone? Now heading out there. Louise, good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you. I'm good. Are you well, Lunu, No, I'm not well at the moment.
Speaker 12: I've got one of those lovely head colds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some big epidemic of flu going around.
Speaker 9: Oh horrible, horrible.
Speaker 12: This ye anyway, Yes, I used to punish my son by telling him that the TV couldn't be turned on until nine o'clock in the morning because that's when the power companies will get turned on.
Speaker 2: Clever. That's a very good way, Yeah, I might say. Look, with the new election and Scomo being in charge now, he's just so that Wi Fi is only on for ten minutes a day because the Internet isn't very good here anyway, and so they want to narrow it down. Louise, thank you very much. You cool, Thank you bye, have a good day. The course coming down four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Forty five million people, I reckon forty five million people watched around the world last night's final episode of Game of Thrones, which is incredible And to what I think next, and I promise you there are no spoilers. I wouldn't do that. I know lots of you are going to take time to see it in the next couple of days. However, what I do think is interesting. I personally thought it was a really nice ending to what's been a big, sprawling epics series. And some TV shows get it right the last ever episode, how they say goodbye, how they nail it all, and some TV shows have got it bad. Which you think has got it right? And who do you think has got it wrong? Who had great season finales? And who are bad ones? Let us know nine four one four one O four to three. We'll talk about it next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So Geme of Thrones ended last night, one of the modes, one of the world's biggest and most successful TV shows, spanning seventy four episodes. It's an incredible achievement. Even if you're not a fan of it, No a lot of you are, aren't some of you are. It doesn't matter. Forty five million people watched it last night all over the world. There are always spoilers, and what I'm about to say, by the way, because a lot of you haven't yet who are genuine fans, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I absolutely loved it. Has been quite an uneven episode, which is why you've probably heard quite a lot about it, even if you've not seen the show. But I thought the final episode I thought was a brilliant one. I thought was really it's actually quite a quiet, kind of very moving. I actually found myself a little bit tearful three times during it. It was beautifully done. And I think it's one of those things because it's such a big, massive show, all about this chase for the who's going to be on the Iron throne, it could never really give everybody what they wanted. But I personally absolutely lovely. I thought it was quietly lovely, and I thought they did it brilliantly. It was my favorite episode of the whole season. So if you haven't seen it yet, no spoilers, I'd be curious to know what you thought of it. Dropped me an email if you want, Christian at gold one if four to three dot com dot Au. I actually what I felt sad about is because I've been watching it for so long with my wife, I could have missed those characters.
Speaker 3: Well what are you saying to your wife as well? Last week you said this.
Speaker 2: I come out with a great excuse yesterday. So my wife isn't back till Thursday, and we're huge fans, and she was like, please can you wait until Thursday? I said yes, but I'm thinking, no way, There's no way I'm going to do. I love you, but no. So what I said, yes, I listen. I've had to watch it foxtail and massive advertise on the station. Not silly selves have done a deal and they needed me to talk about it. She was like, oh please, you know obviously we're buying a house. She's so wired about anything everything that of course I went so sales house by and away it all out. Oh god, yeah, absolutely cool, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God forbid they pull their advertising dollars because.
Speaker 2: You too need to support the captain. What have I told you? Okay? By, So, Whisch TV shows ended well, Whisch TV shows we think didn't do it so well? Breaking Bad or Thought was another great TV show. We're living in a golden age of TV. So much great TV now, which is why I'm so annoyed that a million people besigned this waste of time petition to moan about this season. You know here we are man my mom and dad. The only thing they had it was like a big, sprawling kind of fantasy show was The Thornbirds. Did you my Mom? I STU loved that show.
Speaker 1: It was a good show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Richard Chamber of my mind had a big crush on him. Anyway, So Breaking Bad I thought was a really special last episode. I thought that was very very good as well. Seinfeld not so much. One of the one of my favorite TV shows ever, but the last episode, the last two episodes not that good.
Speaker 3: I thought they were too self aware, bringing characters and referencing their own jokes.
Speaker 2: For a show that was so well written, one of the best written TV shows ever. It was I don't know. I just felt a bit hacky, didn't you. They were better than that, way better than They've all said that as well, Lost as well, and if you stuck out last I did. That was not a great ending either, and even all the writers and producers said they just lost their way with the show. They didn't realize it would run for so long.
Speaker 3: Mysteries and.
Speaker 2: One Giants Scooby Doo reveal at the end it's always a caretaker. Colleen, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 12: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Colleen. I hope you're wealth thanks to calling the show.
Speaker 12: So Jim, great, thank you.
Speaker 2: Good news. TV shows that end well and bad? What have you got for us? Oh, the Sopranos, Well what did you think?
Speaker 12: Well, personally, I'm devastated. I was told on my husband. He believes that when the scream went black, that is where Tony got shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why that.
Speaker 12: Was the end of it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 12: But I'm going to believe that that didn't happen. That when the screen went black, it was just that because Meadows finally parked that car and she got into the restaurant and they have their meal. No, Christian, he didn't know, Colleen.
Speaker 2: Colleen, I read an interview with the writer David Chase all catches up with him.
Speaker 12: No, Christian, I will not believe that, even though it's devastating. He's no longer with us because they can't do any more scenes. But I'm going to believe that they live happily ever after.
Speaker 2: But that's a great thing. That's great. You know, we all interpret TV show and art in different ways. Two people can look at painting. One person go, can't It's on us to go. It's beautiful Sopranos. I've got to say for me Clean, that's my favorite TV showever. I love I'm going to start watching it again from scratch.
Speaker 12: I love it because we've watched it a million times. The very time I walk in, I can hear the Sopranos music and it is.
Speaker 2: Sad when Tony does get whacked at the end, because you know it's clear you've gotta let go. All right, thank you. Have you seen the Sopranos?
Speaker 3: Now, I haven't seen it. You hate popular cultures?
Speaker 2: Are Hitler.
Speaker 3: It's definitely on the list. But what do you think of just in general, that we're not going to tell you what the real ending is in the movie or of a TV show.
Speaker 2: I think that's good.
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Listen what else everybody brings? And when we're going to see a speech once by Neil Gaiman, a brilliant writer, right, and he said that everybody brings something different when they're reading a book, and different books can mean different things to different people. And I think it's the same with a great TV show movie. Why are we going to have someone explain it to us.
Speaker 3: All right, this is what I would like. I like that we have a conversation, Oh, did you think Tony Soprano got shot? Yes or no? But then I'd like to be able to go online and look up what the actual answer is.
Speaker 2: And I can adults explain it to you. All right, kill the course, come back. TV shows that ended well and who didn't end so well nine four one four one o four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Just read out to Jack a huge, big essay that Louise you've just sent to me about how you most of it ninety percent of it in block capitals, saying how I'm wrong about enjoying the Game of Thrones finale. What's been nice about Game of Thrones this season is it's it's how TV used to be. You only get to watch one a week. And what's actually been really nice is I've talked to so many other fans about it on social media whenever a tweet on Instagram about it or out and about you don't have that thing now because it's easier, and I'm a big fan of binge watching. But we lose something with that as well. You lose that connection. I'm actually talking to people and you're all on it at the same time, on the same page, rather than happens now is you talked to us on about TV show. Oh, won't say anything. I'm ten seasons ahead of you, So get out and you go. That's thatch and it kills the conversation, doesn't it. What's the thing about Game with Thrones is it's nice how it's been people talking about it because we've all got to wait once a week to see it. What did Chris think about it? I know your husband, Chris is a mega fan.
Speaker 4: I pulled up in the driveway yesterday. I could hear the television inside the cars.
Speaker 2: You got an imax, that big old screen. You've got that big old noisy theme tune that goes on for about twelve minutes.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not a fan, but it's got a beautiful musical score in that lastest No look, he thought it was a bit pedestrian. Yeah, to be honest, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What did he want? Fast and furious with dragons?
Speaker 4: You know he wasn't overly impressed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see, I liked it. And in the UK someone just sent me a link to an article going why are you also weak? We're not all weak? But they've actually set up a twenty four hour counseling line.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what does that say about us? It's not a good look because you're graving the loss of the shows, or because it was.
Speaker 2: We're going to ring up one. I'm going to miss the White Walkers, do you know what? Don't worry, I reckon that is not the last you've seen of that TV show. All the money it's made, there'll be spin offs. They've got two movies planned, a prequel and at one point one of the characters will go and where are you going to go? Now? I'm going to go where the maps stop? Yeah? I think I know that basis called Spinoff Central.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Right now on World Meditation Day, we're looking for Calm celebrities. I've got Robert calm Downy Junior, Robert calm Downey Junior, also John Mellow, camp bud A Holly Holly, Relaxel Rose. That's a great name for a tribute band, right and chilled out Axel Rose cover Bank. Yeah, relax, l Rose and Mogadonna. If you saw that performance at Eurovision a weekend, that's actually a headline. Mogadonnada. Mogodon is a really really heavy, heavy duty sedative moggedon Morgdonna. All right, what have you got then, Calm Celebrities?
Speaker 3: I had Robert Downtime, Junior Nice, can you rest? Cameron Diaz, Apam Smart and number Shay Grafara Numbers number, Shay Gravara numbers.
Speaker 2: Day, have you taken some Mogodon? All right? Jack is already a Calm celebrity. Send us your then, Calm Celebrities. We've got tickets. Goller's David Bowie big new musical called Lazarus. You can win that for the best one we get Calm Celebrities. Today's at work time waster Saniel's in Now then oh four seventy five three, one oh four three four seven five three, one oh four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Running Stone, Start me Up. It's sixteen minutes past nine. You see that video last week of him doing all his dance moves seven weeks after a heart attack. Crazy and this is seventy super super fit.
Speaker 3: I completely forgot about your tap dancing. How's that going?
Speaker 2: How do you think? Not at all?
Speaker 4: Another too old you're going to.
Speaker 3: Start doing tap dancing?
Speaker 2: Hey listen, it's only May the twenty, whatever it is. I got so plenty of time to take up tap. Okay, well, I did actually have a look at class in Saint Kilda, but they ain't meet in the evening or there aren't many places that offer classes for adults at lunchtop just to suit my hours as a pension is one. I'm sure somewhere you're order than me. It makes you a super pension just all right. And so on World Meditation Day, we're looking at your calm celebrities. Merrills Sleep silver, Shane well done, Tom Snooze Silver plus, Harry Pothead Gold, Leonardo de Nap Prio so Little Afternoon Nap not quite there Silver, Siesta stallone better Silver plus, Laney in Cranbollne well done, Robert Downward Dog Junior, He's nice reference Junior, Jackie well done, Christopher Sleepwalking Gold, well done, Peter in South Melbourne, Serene Dion Gold, Billy Idler Yeah, Silver, Peace, Witherspoon Silver plus Snoozy Quatro, that's funny, Silver plus pet were Done, Johnny deep thought, Gold, Mellow Gibson. If only someone introduced Mel Gibson to Harry Pothead.
Speaker 13: Chill Murray Silver plus, Nicholas Sage good Gold, He's very smart, stewing Crowydon like that, Pana Dole and.
Speaker 2: Gold plus zen Affleck Kathy well done, Tom Cruisey, I like that Gold, Lazy Boy, George gold and Nap Damon Silver. All right, Who's off to go and see David Bowie's.
Speaker 1: Lazarus the Musical, mel Gibson, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people always ask me do I go to a load of like you know, openings of shows and red carpet stuff, And I don't. The main reason is because Pat steals all the invites from my pigeon hole. However, we call her Envelope because she will go to anything and everything. However, there's one that you've got the jump on her.
Speaker 3: My wife and I are very excited to go to Aladdin tonight. And I mean, didn't you see Pats's reaction when I said, how are you going? To Aladdin Tuesday night. They're doing a previous screening and she's, you know, looking over my shoulder, and.
Speaker 2: That's a contact there.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have gone anyway because I've got an invite to Lazarus actually somewhere.
Speaker 2: Can you not go leave at the interval and then go somewhere else? So what you haven't got the contact for Aladdin? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Apparently not? Disney mustn't like me.
Speaker 3: Well then, pats So she was asking me the other day. You saw it in here, trying to get the contacts aggressive.
Speaker 2: You know when you see those images of like Black Monday sales, you see people like punching each other and elbowing. And a follow.
Speaker 3: Up email yesterday from Patsy go, can you remind me again who the email was?
Speaker 4: They didn't email them. They haven't emailed me.
Speaker 3: Back because it's a no reply at the World this Why did you give me that address? Me a bum steering address. That's what they actually do.
Speaker 2: They see it is World Meditation didn't come today. I think you've got a problem. I think you're addicted to go into events.
Speaker 3: They send them through a no reply email address. Now, so that people who aren't really on the contact listen email.
Speaker 2: You know what, Seriously, if you do want to invite Pats around to yours for the opening of a new reno, email me. I handle all her bookings Christian at Gold one o four three dot com dot au. Seriously do email me invites, so I read them out to Pats tomorrow the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well what a show bus evening you both got ahead of you. Huh, you have to go and see this Bowie musical messss and then Jack's going to the thing that you would have loved to go to, which is a lad.
Speaker 3: Which my wife, by the way, asked me if it was a sing along. She was all morning, she was going a whole new world.
Speaker 2: She goes the cast, have that it's not the one thing with this, throw the mic into the crowd and go and you know the rest.
Speaker 3: Apparently she went to a screening of Mom and mea where everyone in the audience was allowed to see.
Speaker 2: So you can't think of anything worse. One that happened to see Mama Mia and then of screeching women singing it behind me in my ear as well. Today's show title. Today's show is last request. We are back tomorrow morning. Thanks for listening. Hockey is up next with the next hour's cuticle on the fifty thousand dollars Phone Frenzy. Thanks for listening, Have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three