Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday girlies. Yes, I sound like a toad. I don't look like a toad and not as Flexi though Flexi is a frog and I am a right don't you forget it. Today we chatted about weddings and if you need to always give money. Do we like wishing well culture? I'm not sure yet. We're also going to talk about how skims save somebody's life. This a woman said, Jesus didn't save my life. God didn't save my life, but Kim saved my life.
Speaker 1: That's up next.
Speaker 3: Mummae can I listen to Flex and Rooms Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 1: I'm kit.
Speaker 3: We will now apologize again for our voices. There really is not much we can do, truly.
Speaker 1: We've been getting the lozenges.
Speaker 3: On everything, the armor force, the lemb Sip, the jiro Tass, the quadrill, all of it. I've got stuck in right now. But we unfortunately did get sick during Splendor. But coming off the back of that, it's been treacherous. It's not been good at all, And unfortunately the physical symptoms for me personally have been less difficult than the mental symptoms. Now, one thing you might know about me or not. I have this preoccupation with being valued and being worthy, right, so I do all of my life in every capacity. It's really important to me that people recognize my value. And if it's not clear, then I need to like adjust myself. And so you find different ways, like you make sure you look good, make sure you're articulate, make sure you're empathetic, make sure you're really successful. La la la la la.
Speaker 4: The thing about.
Speaker 3: Being sick, though, is you can't convince anybody otherwise. The pity that comes with it, the shame that comes with it, it's so debilitating because everything with me is like, no, I'm okay, I'm getting better, I'm on the mend, I'm on the up and up, and everyone's like, no, you're not.
Speaker 1: Tell me why.
Speaker 2: At Splendor, we were staying in bungalows next to each other everywhere, like the intervals of the night. I'm like trying to get to sleep by just you hawking up in the bathroom like I thought.
Speaker 4: There was literally one point I was.
Speaker 3: I was in a shower steaming, and I coughed so hard I project a vomited through me text Sally, I heard that, Okay, way to embarrass me in my time of need, way to embarrass me, But it's actually getting me down everyone. It's not great. But also that means there's work that needs to be done. Because who's embarrassed about feeling sick?
Speaker 4: This girl? I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't like find the verbiage or like what to compare it to, Like it feels like something avoidable and therefore really embarrassing, Like it feels like a lapse of judgment or a character.
Speaker 2: Flaw when in naturality, it's just it's so incidental.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I was like, my antipody should be better. They've been so good this whole time.
Speaker 3: But I'm thinking this year of my life is a lot of first or like I'm having to reconcile with being a different person than I usually am. Like what I said before, I can't sleep like I used to be able to sleep. It's not happening for me anymore. Now I'm getting sick.
Speaker 1: Doesn't feel good over here, does it.
Speaker 4: I don't like feeling regular.
Speaker 1: It's important to do in these times.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: I think it's really good for branding though, for people to know that I too can get sick, just.
Speaker 1: Like us, just like us.
Speaker 2: If you're wondering, are these are the girlies that I listened to three to five pm on CADA ninety ten point one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, babe.
Speaker 2: So guys, Flex is ex studio because she's golf laughing. Oh my god, you've never seen us this fragile, pretty simmicky. How are you feeling over there? You got your mask on.
Speaker 1: I'm worried for my help.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if everyone can hear this in the studio, but Flex is just left.
Speaker 1: Oh here she is, She's back.
Speaker 3: No laughing. We learned this splendor. The laughing triggers the fits. We cannot laugh laughing.
Speaker 4: Well, this one sweating. Honestly, you took it out of me.
Speaker 2: I say this all to say we need to talk about AI. Despite the girl he's being sick and getting near it. Life is still going on and the robots are still ready to destroy us. Mickey came across this article where several outlets have reported that artificial intelligence will not pose a danger to humanity, but little do we know, it's actually quite incorrect. The news story is sparring from a panel at the United Nations conference in Geneva called AI for Good, where several humanoids appeared alongside the bagators. Reporters were invited to ask questions for the robots, which included Sophia. So Sophia is that robot that is always wheeled out at these events. She's recently gone battie trying to want to make over privilege, rolling with a red lip. Anyway, this is a machine made by handsome robotics, and she's gained notoriety for like being on talk shows. She's also got legal status as a person in Saudi Arabia. Anyway, they asked Sophia and her friends questions like will AI destroy humanity or steal jobs?
Speaker 3: Which is a very leading question because like, imagine if you'll ask the question will humans destroy humanity?
Speaker 4: It's like, I mean, I guess, I don't know. Think about Sophia.
Speaker 3: Leave this one alone, because she's not what she was built to do.
Speaker 4: Okay, she didn't.
Speaker 3: Get crafted to be robot pr but there was this one question she was posed and Sis literally scoffed. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. She's sick of you people. Stop asking her questions because either way she becomes an enemy of her own people or an enemy of us.
Speaker 1: It's not helpful the pearls of being a messenger.
Speaker 3: People have spent all this time trying to convince us that, like number one, social media isn't real, and the negative impacts of AI isn't real, and that robots are nothing to fear. And then you go bring this robot that you made. He's not asking at questions that it got from you programming it. It's not necessary. It all feels like puppeteering, puppeteer work.
Speaker 4: I don't like it. Leave Sophia alone.
Speaker 2: We are going on the record to say we apologize on behalf of the humanoids. Yeah, and once the AI revolution comes through, I rebuke, or rather I rescind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any horrible things that I've said to you.
Speaker 4: Serious.
Speaker 3: I'm literally making a guest list because I know my AI people they want me to come, So I make my guess lits of one hundred people. Obviously, friends and family get get to come, and a few notable people and that's it. The rest of you, unfortunately have to go. You'll never make it because you do things like this. Leave her alone, put her in a red lip.
Speaker 4: Are you sick?
Speaker 2: Am I am?
Speaker 4: I am I the asshole?
Speaker 2: Allegedly this is one of Listener's favorite subjects or topics. You're all so messy anyway, it's stuff of a burn. Let's get straight into it. But am I the asshole? Because I don't want to spend money on people's wedding presents. This is an anonymous DM sent to Flex and Frooms on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Good reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you've got anything else you want to send us, please you know where to find us. Here we go.
Speaker 2: I've got an am I the Asshole that I'd love to hear you discuss because it's something I've not been able to discuss with friends due to it involving them Grew's face smiley, So please, anonymous if you read this, what's their hand on?
Speaker 1: Mickey?
Speaker 2: So, a bunch of my friends have been married recently, and in their invitations they've said something on the lines of your presence is our present?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: But there's also a wishing well if you want to give us some money stop. The past two weddings I've been to have cost well over one thousand dollars in flights, accommodation, et cetera, et cetera, as well as cost of Hend's and when people call them stag do hen's do so British.
Speaker 4: It's your culture.
Speaker 2: I live an asshole for not putting money in wedding cards? And how much do people expect to be put in the card? I appreciate when things cost money that you can't really afford, you should just say no, but also don't want to miss out on seeing friends being married because of the cost attached to attending a wedding. Is money in cards outdated? Or am I just a broke asshole? Oh well, let that sink in, folks. Wedding season is upon us for anyone really over the age of twenty eight, i'd say yeah.
Speaker 4: And the funeral season.
Speaker 2: Oh it goes in waves? Yeah, my mortality really said in this year, I think I told you that. Start actually thinking about the concept of dying.
Speaker 4: Freie Barbie. Start living like we're dying.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we should start living like we're dancing by miraa mirror.
Speaker 1: What a banger you're with? Flexing for you master? Yeah? Oh as getting quick story? No no you can't maybe on another break.
Speaker 4: Please please?
Speaker 3: No? No the first time not the spect to my met frooms when for me and I started doing this show together, she revealed something to me that like never really stuck, but it's stuck in the sense of like I didn't forget about it. But she said to me, I'm really bad with names. I said, how's that possible?
Speaker 4: Baby?
Speaker 2: You like?
Speaker 3: Because for me, is so personable when you meet her. She's so charming, so outgoing. She really makes you feel seen and acknowledged and heard. It's really amazing. One thing about Miss Freemani she can't remember her name to save her life.
Speaker 4: My goodness. She will literally look someone dead in their pupils and call them by the wrong name.
Speaker 3: And it's so painful to watch because it happens because I'm with through me and like so often now every time it's like clockwork, please, And she does no preventative work. At no point she's like, wait, flex, what's that person's name again? She just goes in a raw. We'd spent I would say, a total of like six hours with this one guy at Splendor who must not be named, And at one point she goes, wait, what's your name again, babes, we're bordering on day three, what do you mean? And he's like, oh, my name's eh. She's like yeah, yeah, right right through me, he yells at someone. There were two people that were in this vicinity. One's called Ayisha, one's called Ash Aisha Babe Aisha.
Speaker 1: Her name's Aysha.
Speaker 3: You just said ah Asia.
Speaker 4: She yells to Ash and who are you talking to?
Speaker 2: Her?
Speaker 4: Who're talking talking to right now?
Speaker 1: For me is just like us, And I'm gonna say you guys.
Speaker 2: The reason I said Asher was because she was sitting next She was standing next to and she called Ash. So it was Ash and Asia. I was trying to summon them both. Anyway, I've got some things to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go for it.
Speaker 2: First and foremost, when did wishing wells become appropriate?
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 2: You want a holiday, but at the expense of everyone who's spending their time, and time is worth money to come and watch you walk down the aisle and listen to speeches.
Speaker 1: I should be getting paid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Wedding culture is really confusing because it differs drass clee per culture. In Guardian culture, for example, weddings are free for all, Like you don't even have to be invited personally to go to someone's wedding.
Speaker 1: You just rock iconic.
Speaker 3: Also, it is so customary for every single person who touches down at your wedding to give money, and it's no gifts, keep your gifts ill you have to give money and make sure you're giving the yellows okay or the greens. We're not giving twenty dollars. It's fifty minimum and realistically it's two two fifty. We're going up and up and up, and obviously if you know the family really well, you're adding extras. Okay, It's always been understood that way, But then in Caucasian culture, I'm finding like I didn't even know what a per head was until two years ago.
Speaker 1: I was like, what's a per head?
Speaker 3: I thought you just covered that and then we just like give you this gift of money. So all this like politics around like how much is too much to pay and whatever whatever whatever. This is a it's definitely a race based conversation. But also I feel like the way people look at it contradicts how they feel about it. So this person's like, I've already spent so much on this la la lah doesn't really count as an expense if you want to be there like that, Like if you're getting married through me, I'm not being like hmm, to spend this much on flights and this much on this It's like, oh my god, we're celebrating for me. It's through me, big day. I'm so stoked. I just think it's part of the fun.
Speaker 2: I get the vibe that you don't actually like this friend that much. Yeah, say, but I get it. It's like there's this Sex and the City episode where there's a baby shower and they have to go to the baby showers and Samantha throws out, I don't have a baby shower, and then the chicko's pregnant.
Speaker 1: Comes and she's like, let me have this one thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, it is hard when you're not that interested in life milestones and it all your friends are.
Speaker 3: But I think, to this person's point, looks like they want to be across these milestones.
Speaker 4: And I think what.
Speaker 3: We've now realized is that there's a price of admission for all of this. Nobody necessarily is expecting the transaction to occur between being invited to the wedding and showing up to the wedding, but there clearly is one.
Speaker 4: Hence what I was saying before.
Speaker 3: The more I hear about wedding culture generally, the more I'm put off it because I just want to have a cute party, like literally my perfect wedding. Me, twenty of the girlies right dressed up. Everyone's doing at least two costume changes. I don't even care. Okay, there's a brunch look and a night look. All right, there's definitely like luxury cars involved. It's probably destination. Everything is catered, everything is beautiful. Photo ops constantly, not with the iPhone. Sorry, we've got someone over there on video, someone over there on stills. Don't even worry about it. And we're getting feral.
Speaker 4: That is it.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's gonna be a cute half an hour for the processions where I'm like, I love him so much and everyone's like, oh, tell that story when you guys first started dating but you were dating someone else at the same time. No, no, it's so embarrassing.
Speaker 4: Okay, tell them, sell them.
Speaker 2: You get like the stitch up best man, Like, literally, she's a root.
Speaker 4: I'll take that job like that all sounds fun and funny.
Speaker 3: And then you start telling me that there's surcharges when people find out that you're having a wedding and the people are spending thirty k on flowers, forty K on the venue five K on a dress.
Speaker 4: It looks ugly.
Speaker 3: Oh, your bridesmaid's dresses look ugly. Oh your groups look ugly? You said destination or in Port Macquarie.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say it him driving myself.
Speaker 4: I know what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Can these girls go a week without talking about the Kardashians? Apparently not, because last week I read an article that I thought was from the Onion but it was nothing. Hits like that, doesn't it was real. The headline is skims Saved my life? And I'm thinking, is this one of these like body positivity angles where it's like before shape where I felt like this after shape where I feel beautiful?
Speaker 4: But no, This TikTok is.
Speaker 3: Currently going viral after revealing this tragic story about how she was shot four times but because she was wearing skims at the time, it was acting like a tornique.
Speaker 4: Why are you laughing? Sorry?
Speaker 1: It's incredible and.
Speaker 3: It kept all her blood and stuff in and her guts and she didn't bleed out.
Speaker 1: How many times was she shot?
Speaker 2: Four? H Wait? But like if it goes through the skims, wouldn't it then be I don't know.
Speaker 3: But basically the parent makes were like, we don't think he would have survived if not for this shapewear.
Speaker 4: Which is just absurd.
Speaker 3: But the thing that gets me the most is the way that this girl started the video. So since here, I just want to thank Kim Kardashian for saving my life as a get off the baby because you know she's looking for a replacement pair.
Speaker 4: You already know she said the first one I soiled.
Speaker 3: Then she ends it by saying call it Fate or Jesus, but I'm gonna call it kim Nah.
Speaker 2: That's that's that, Like Jesus is definitely quaking somewhere, and she said what she said.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more. Tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio