Speaker 1: This episode was recorded on Cameragle Land.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, and we'll welcome back to another episode of Life on Cut.
Speaker 3: I'm Brittany and I'm Laura, and wait, I really want to know who actually set their alarms at five am this morning?
Speaker 4: Not me.
Speaker 3: We did say, if you listen to ask gunkat, we did bread crumb that we have some big news on today's episode, and so we told you to set your alarms at five am, and there were Look, the debate entered, the chat as to whether a five am or a six am release was a good idea, and a lot of you think five.
Speaker 1: Am is the way to go. So it's the new lay of the land.
Speaker 5: Everyone, Yeah, I will say message received, Okay, five am is the new time. We did not get a single message of someone saying, no, I prefer it released at six. We did get many saying please release it at five o'clock.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So we do have some big news today to share. And if you want to speculate, like now's your time speculate, you've probably got about fifteen minutes before we tell you what that news is.
Speaker 4: There already has been a lot of speculation. What have some of them been a lot of people think that I'm already married.
Speaker 2: Oh, A lot.
Speaker 4: Of people think that I got married secretly, which I understand.
Speaker 3: Why can I say not one person message me a speculation. Everyone messaged you, all messaged life on card, but no one speculated about me. Yep, They're like, Laura's not mess that'd be just got nothing going on.
Speaker 2: There were some two speculations too.
Speaker 3: I got actually I got a merch one. Yeah, merch when you merch with all things.
Speaker 1: That we should have done, Yeah, but unfortunately not.
Speaker 4: There were some speculations that I wasn't coming back from Italy.
Speaker 2: I got that. I thought that I was one way ticket.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't do that to you guys.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be like, mate, you will get some morning. I don't doubt that it's going to happen though soon.
Speaker 4: I do understand why the speculation came that I was married. Firstly, I was trialing, like what size wedding ring I wanted. So I was putting different bands on my engagement finger to.
Speaker 2: See like what would fit and what looks good.
Speaker 4: And I was practicing and I forgot to take them off for a while, and some of you, like hawk Eyes, saw that I had another ring on, so I understand why it does.
Speaker 2: Look like I was wearing a wedding ring.
Speaker 4: Also, Ben's photos were inverted, you know how if you can take a photo, sometimes it flips it. So Ben wears a ring on his right hand, but it made it look like he had on his left, so it did look like we ran away in a lope.
Speaker 3: Guys, we have a podcast. We would share with you everything. We don't keep any of our personal lives to ourselves, like don't.
Speaker 6: But also, my wedding is not a secret.
Speaker 3: Britt is not getting married without us telling you every single detail. At some point, I don't know, We're not going to tell you live because you know, no, there's got to be some secrets, just but they're always delayed secrets we tell you very soon.
Speaker 4: But they're the speculations. So we are going to tell you in what do you reckon twenty minutes?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. We're like, who knows? Just keep listening, guys.
Speaker 2: Do you not get one speculation?
Speaker 1: Nothing about nothing? People are like, no, no, what are they going to speculate about?
Speaker 3: People like Laula slept through the night, She slept in her own bedding.
Speaker 5: Fairy came back well, the only speculation I received was because I went to a wedding on in New Zealand over the weekend and I got messages.
Speaker 6: Asking where Delilah was if both of us were away. I get that a lot too. The only speculation I received.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's speculation.
Speaker 3: That's just pure concerned people like Dalilah's only two mums in the world have left the country.
Speaker 5: I'll put your minds at ease. She was with my mum and then came and picked her up. That was the only kind of Yeah, I got nothing as well. Are we the boring ones of it? Everyone just expects everything exciting to come from brit I think that.
Speaker 3: We're the predictable ones. That's the problem, although you shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty impulsive.
Speaker 2: Should we talk about the elephant in the room?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So look, before we do get to the big news, we want to talk about the two pays taken over. You all know about the clip in Fringe. Keisha is a big fan of the clip in Fringe. She vibed it on Vibes and unsubscribed. She wears it often and it is like it's kind of like flirting with the person that you think you want to be, but you don't want to commit. So every so often Kish comes in and it's a clip in fringe day.
Speaker 6: It's a really good.
Speaker 5: If your hair is dirty, it's really good. If like me, I get botox and I haven't had it for like six or seven months.
Speaker 2: It covers the forehead.
Speaker 5: I just feel as though I feel a lot more creative and I kind of feel a bit.
Speaker 2: More artsy, and I feel artsy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we walk in today into the studio and there is Brittan Hockley, first proper record back from holidays in Italy, wearing a lovely red top which does look very Italian. You could be in Positano right now with the most aggressive two pay clip in fringe you have seen, and it looks great.
Speaker 2: Calling it a Topez, it's a wispy fridge.
Speaker 6: I feel like Donald Trump. It's not a tie.
Speaker 1: She's also orange.
Speaker 2: I'm not got no sign in Italy.
Speaker 4: Okay, So when Kishi got her fringe, we all actually got a fringe. Laura Shock, I think leftoes on top of a car and flew off on the Humborbridge.
Speaker 5: No, no, let me tell you, Keisha Nessi's in the corner, laughing.
Speaker 6: She knows it's true.
Speaker 2: Everything ends up on your car flying off.
Speaker 1: Do you know what actually happened?
Speaker 3: Keisha handed me the clip in fringe, and like, the reason why I'll never do a clip in fringe is because, like in the morning, I have a shower, I get ready for work, and I do one hairstyle which is slicked bad.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say you with a slick back, and the fringe would not work.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's all I do.
Speaker 3: So like the effort that I would have to do to make sure that I had dried, neat hair in order to do the fringe is a level of effort I don't have and can't comprehend. But Keisha gave me the fringe. I put it in the door of my car. That was eight months ago.
Speaker 1: It is still in the door of my car.
Speaker 4: And Keisha gave me my fridge when I had orange hair, so I was never able to wear it. So I've gone back now and I finally wore. Can I tell you how upset I was. I had big plans for this fringe. This fringe was going on an Italian tour and I got there on day one in Milan, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: The fringe screams Milan forgot it.
Speaker 4: Forgot to pack my fringe to Italy, and I was so it wasn't rational how upset I was.
Speaker 2: I was so upset to Ben Ben like, what's wrong? I was like, I forgot my fringe. He was thank fuck.
Speaker 6: He hates it. It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you've ever been through a breakup cositted cutting a fringe, which I think every single person has.
Speaker 1: Done, I have done it.
Speaker 2: I love done it.
Speaker 3: I love the fringe, but you usually only love it for like a couple of weeks and then it goes through that awkward growing out stage. There is a company will tag it because, like I said, Keisha's vibed it before, who make these great clip in fringes. I am yet to be converted, and I do feel like this is going to be the time when I was coming to the studio wearing crocs and you guys were all like you're a loser, and then within six months you were all wearing crocs. So I know that in six months time, I'm going to come in with a fringe and I'll eat my own shit.
Speaker 4: But that is why it is so good, because you're not stuck with it. I could not have a fringe by the end of this episode.
Speaker 3: Look, this is our first episode back since being on Break and Britain. You have been in Italy updates. You've also been trying to learn your wedding dance. There's a lot been going on in your life.
Speaker 4: Do you know this is so unusual and it's only relatable to people that are in a long distance relationship or maybe yeah, their partners might work away or you're in like the flying fly at whatever it is. Yeah, but every single time I go to see Ben, and to be fair, this was the longest time apart, so we hadn't seen each other since Christmas, basically like the first week of January. And I genuinely like we talk every day on FaceTime. But if you think of FaceTime, you hold a phone up and you see their face. I forget what he looks like every time I see him.
Speaker 1: Like find the neck down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm shocked every time, Like I'm literally taken aback.
Speaker 4: I get out of the car and I'm like, oh my god, I forget what you look like.
Speaker 2: I forget how tall you are, I forget how you feel.
Speaker 4: I forget like it's like rediscovering each other again every time. I'm not mad about it, but it always takes me by surprise where I'm like, oh, that's right, Like you're a real human that I can touch, because I feel like I'm in a relationship with an AI robot half the time.
Speaker 2: But he's changed, Like it's really weird.
Speaker 4: I think when you're seeing someone every day, you don't notice changes. And yeah, So he plays for his new team in Italy now and for anyone that doesn't know football, the team he's in now or the league he's in, is like one of the best leagues in the world. It is so professional and so strict.
Speaker 2: I don't know what stricts.
Speaker 4: The word, but it's just different to anything he's ever done. So the training is so intense and everything's so serious. Yeah, and so he trains so much more than ever and he's always been very dedicated. But you should see the Kardashian booty on this guy. I have never seen a squat booty because he has to work.
Speaker 2: Bro, it's all I could look at. I was like, let me feel that, and it was like I could put a drink on it. He's got this huge muscly bubble.
Speaker 4: Butt thing, and I'm like, I love what's happening, but it's just such a weird concept to I don't know how to explain it. I don't know if I'm explaining it right, but to look at someone that you are, I'm getting married to him, like I love him and I'm rediscovering him every time.
Speaker 3: You literally walked in and said Ben has a massive ass. Yeah, got a huge but it is in the best possible wedding.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: I don't know where it came from.
Speaker 5: Should we get then to do that photo shoot that Kim d with the champagne glass on his butt, you know how it's like squirting over her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kim Kardashian is such a Kim though, like going from having like, you know, a little buttshelf to having no butt like and I feel like it just happens so rapidly.
Speaker 4: To be fair, and I don't reckon that that photo of her with the champagne on the butt that has to have been like enhanced.
Speaker 1: Oh it was, yeah, Yeah, they do is in hands?
Speaker 3: It was they are in Hands's been that was unpacked in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Okay, moving forward, why didn't want to call someone out without knowing for sure.
Speaker 2: That's how I am.
Speaker 1: You know, Britney's really abreast of all the pop colch.
Speaker 6: Defamation in Australia.
Speaker 4: Really just wanted to allegedly, allegedly keep cut ash spot in that photo was enhanced.
Speaker 2: Do you like the dump truck ass?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had amazing sex, so that wasn't the question.
Speaker 4: I think everyone thinks that when you're in a long distance relationship that when you see each other again that it's just like intense so much sex every single day is absolutely not like the first two days a fire flame, but you just go back to normal sex like couple of days and because it's normal life, right, like you got your tie, you get like jig training. But the first sex was reminiscent of the first time we ever met, you know how I said, it was like Hollywood movie sex on our first night stand. It was like picking up I had somewhere to see it becau sudden his butt like he was putting on his shelf. But it was it was really really nice, and it was special because we got to spend it with Sherry and Jay and baby Maya came over and so we had like a really nice little family reunion.
Speaker 6: It was cool.
Speaker 4: It's so much nicer to visit now than Romania. Yeah, Like when I was in Romania it was really hard because I didn't feel like I could walk around by myself when Ben's away or working.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel safe a lot of the time. And in Italy it was just different.
Speaker 4: I was very comfortable exploring on my own and just going to restaurants and cafes on my own and doing things like that. So I hope he stays there more long term. I could see myself there more than I could see myself in Romania, like I was never going to live with Dracula.
Speaker 3: Ever, what happens with his contracts now? So he is obviously on a short term contract in Italy. When is the contract period and what is the hopes? Is it so that next year he gets a long term one and is based in Italy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the decision basically will be this June July. So that's when every transfer window for every footballer is and that is when he will hopefully sign, hopefully a long term contract where he is, but if not, wherever he goes will be the next big contract.
Speaker 2: So that is the decision where we both want to make sure that.
Speaker 4: I could be happy to be there, because obviously I hopefully will have a family in the coming years, and I want to make sure that it's somewhere that I would want to be.
Speaker 3: But also he's not going to sign somewhere like, for example, Romania. Well it's a place that you didn't feel as though it could be home for you as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a joint decision this time. Yeah, obviously it's what's best for his career, Like his career is important, but family is important as.
Speaker 4: Well, and you're feeling safe as well, feeling safe wanting to visit. You know, it's obviously an expensive relationship. I don't want to have to travel the whole time, Like, we want to spend more time together and less time traveling. So where he moves is like the biggest decision we will make. Yeah, so this is a really big year for us. Big decisions obviously getting married, choosing what last name I'm going to have, and choosing where Ben's going to spend the next couple of years.
Speaker 2: What have you guys been up to?
Speaker 5: That's very exciting. I went to New Zealand over our little break for one of my actually two of my wonderful friend's weddings. We went and spent some time in Queenstown and in Warnica. But I want to ask you guys, because something happened on our way to the airport, and I think it was one of those moments where I had that realization. You know how with a lot of things, it's like one person in the relationship is A and the other person in the relationship is B, and they always end.
Speaker 3: Up to I have never had content blow up in the same way. So Matt and I made it reel quite a while ago, and it was like the two types of people when it comes to a dishwasher. So the people who like stack a dishwasher perfectly, which is Matt, Like Matt does the dishwasher like it's a game of Tetris.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is immaculate Scandinavian architecture.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then there's me and I just kind of throw it all in and it gets washed. Every so often there's a ball flipped up the wrong way, you just tip that one out put it in the next cycle.
Speaker 2: I'm a thrower too.
Speaker 3: And Vanessa Vanessa, who is our video editor who also was my housemate for many years, is looking at me like, you fuckhead is looking at me like I hate you and I hated living with you. The amount of passive aggressive text I would receive.
Speaker 2: No, but it's true then the way who packed the dishrusher today?
Speaker 8: Laura?
Speaker 2: But there was somebody Laura.
Speaker 3: Do you know there was this one time when Ne's just collected all of the empty toilet paper rolls that were in the bathroom and put them in my bed.
Speaker 1: I think that's.
Speaker 5: Passive aggressive, that's flat aggressive, and I love it.
Speaker 4: No, when I go to Laura's house still now I have to bring my own toilet paper because you.
Speaker 1: Will go into the toilet, never toilet.
Speaker 2: There is never toilet paper anywhere. I'm like, how is there a house of five people here? What are you wiping your butts with?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Do you know why? Because there is toilet paper, it's just in the cupboard.
Speaker 3: But we have two kids and also Matt, so like none of them replaced the role when the role gets empty. So it's not until you're sitting on the toilet.
Speaker 2: No I do.
Speaker 1: I just don't go as often as they seem to.
Speaker 3: But it's not until I am sitting on the toilet and I'm like, there's no toilet paper here, I will shuffle across and go and get a roll. But the problem is is I never take the cardboard empty roll off into the bin. I just kind of put it on the floor and then put the other one on. So like I am part of the problem.
Speaker 1: I'm well aware.
Speaker 3: But anyway, there's two types of people, people who do things correctly and people who don't.
Speaker 1: And I fall into the don't.
Speaker 5: I think I fall into the dot in most things, although I do replace a toilet roll. But for us, it was Anzac Day, so it was Friday morning, and our flight was the really early one, so six fifteen was the time it took off. Checking clothes is at five point fifteen, right, So we had a conversation the night before and it was the whole like, what time do we need to set the alarm? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How long do we need to get there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, International fly And I was like, look, we don't leave that far from the airport. You know, it's so early in the morning, there's not going to be traffic, the airport won't.
Speaker 1: Be busy, it'll be fine.
Speaker 5: I give myself just enough time, like not a minute more than what I think, And because I value sleep and I want to as much sleep as I possibly can get. So Friday morning comes around, the alarm goes off at four. We get up, quick shower, get dressed, go to order the uber sans ac day.
Speaker 1: There's no ubers.
Speaker 5: There weren't as many who bus as I was expecting because people are getting.
Speaker 2: Them to dawn services.
Speaker 5: So I was like, oh, okay, that's slightly concerning. Anyway, as the times ticking along and we're still waiting, you know, trying to connect you to a driver, trying to connect you, my boyfriend was getting more and more and more stressed. We eventually get an Uber. We get to the airport. He is at the point where he is like heart palpitations. I can see the vein in his next up pulsing, like he's really starting to freak out that we are not going to make check in.
Speaker 6: And I've realized.
Speaker 5: Over the course of time that I am the worst person in these situations, because not only do I keep on pushing it further and further and further to the deadline of this is check in, I keep on having things happen where it reinforces that it's actually a fantastic thing to do. Because when we got to the airport, we had about probably ten minutes until check in was properly going to close.
Speaker 6: This fly well, what happens if there's a line?
Speaker 1: You know what happens if there's all these other people? Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: He was freaking out. We get there, we did not have to wait for a single person, so we just walked straight up to the counter. It was the quickest check in I have ever had. It was the quickest run through security.
Speaker 2: We got to the gate.
Speaker 1: You know what happened.
Speaker 5: As soon as we got to the gate, they said boarding.
Speaker 6: Is about to start.
Speaker 5: If you were in rows one to fifteen, can you please come to the front of the plane. And I looked at him and I just went, you.
Speaker 2: Can't risk that, though, that's the problem.
Speaker 6: You can.
Speaker 5: So my question is, before an international flight, are you the person who turns up three hours before or are you the person who turns up with five minutes to go to check in until you will not be allowed to board the plane anymore.
Speaker 3: I think the problem is, though it depends on if you're traveling with someone else, because it's okay to do it to yourself. I am also Yukish I am a last minute galley, and I'm sure that comes the pest. He's not replacing the toilet paper roll is also not getting to the airport on time. But I'm like, so long as I'm there just before boarding for a domestic, so long as I'm there just before boarding him an international, fine. But my mum drilled into me as a kid three hours mate. She was like four hours. We would be there before checking even open, just to wait at the airport.
Speaker 4: So you've got to think when we grew up, it was different because you didn't have as quick a like entering too everything. The lineups were longer, the systems weren't as quick, so you would get there three hours before and you needed those three hours. But I'm like a mix now, I'm both. I will turn up with enough time, but I'll still be the person that gets called on the overhead. So I'll be there for two hours, sitting there at a cafe, and then I just lose track of the time and then they're like, final call, Britney. So I've been there with all the time in the world, and I'm like, what like the number of times Sherry and I have done that where we've been like sleeping on a cafe, reading a book, like just chilling out with so much time, and then we get a final call and we are running.
Speaker 2: Through the airport.
Speaker 5: But do you think that couples, like do you think that one of you is one way and the other is the other way and it always causes complict.
Speaker 3: I actually think that most of the time, we're attracted to people who have those slightly different traits to us, Like Matt is the organized one in our relationship and I am the chaotic one. But you kind of can't have two chaotic people in a relationship together or shit just constantly goes wrong. And I think that that is kind of a relatively normal relationship dynamic. It's not because I actually don't necessarily agree with the whole opposites attract, but I think we have complimentary behaviors, Like you might have someone who's a little bit more risk taking, a little bit more extroverted, and those qualities work together. Yeah, Matt is the admin person in our household and I am the like, well, tell me about to be.
Speaker 1: And I'll be there, but I'll bring a good time.
Speaker 5: There was one time, actually, and I was just thinking when we were kind of we went through a couple of minutes where he was a bit pissed off with me, where he was like, I know that it's worked out this time, but there will be a time that it doesn't work out, and that smug little smile on your face is gonna vanish.
Speaker 1: Either day will come where you're miss a plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've missed a plane.
Speaker 3: The problem is is I once dated a guy who also was the type of person who was just shrouded in chaos, and he would also push things to the very nth degree. And we had a transfer to get from Lax back to Sydney, and we missed our flight because we were both disorganized. And the solution to that was that we stayed in La two days and we went to Disneyland. So actually worked out fine.
Speaker 6: Fantastic solution.
Speaker 1: It was fine.
Speaker 3: It's all a big plot, all right, everybody. The time has come. So now I'm worried that people are going to be disappointed when so many people ask for live shows emerged.
Speaker 1: It's not actually podcasts related.
Speaker 2: No, all right, we already have Merched.
Speaker 3: It's still on the website, but it's not new Merched, you know. And also it's not like new live shows, which I know. We look, guys, we were planning them, and maybe there's a spanner, so we'll see. Yeah, we did have big plans for the live show. All right, let's put.
Speaker 2: This to bed. I in fact can confirm I am not secretly married, not yet. No.
Speaker 5: I can confirm that Britain and I am not entering a romantic relationship.
Speaker 3: I can also confirm else, can we not confirm or confirm that it's not happening?
Speaker 2: Live shows?
Speaker 1: Live shows, merch.
Speaker 2: I didn't secretly move Italy, I'm back.
Speaker 1: Was there anything else that came through?
Speaker 5: I haven't stolen Delilah and made her go through a forced custody.
Speaker 3: Arrangement and the dummy fairy did come and it hasn't worked out as well as I thought it would.
Speaker 1: So like, that's also not the big news.
Speaker 2: All right, let's put everyone out of their misery.
Speaker 3: But the big news is, so you guys know that Matt and I have been talking a lot about whether or not we were gonna have baby number three, and.
Speaker 1: It turns out that we're having babies other.
Speaker 6: Things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, it did work.
Speaker 3: Check chack, che We have giant bottles full of babies. I'm pregnant, guys, I am very insane. And it turns out that for a very short period Matt and I got on the same page about whether we wanted.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's like you, miss well, we've put a sash on you, he says, mama to be for the third time.
Speaker 2: For the third time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, congratulationous, thanks guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so horctly, no one guessed that. No one speculated that. Well, I think that'll hold your bottle.
Speaker 3: I think people do consider whether or not you're insane enough to have a third child. Like, the reaction to number three is not the same to number one and number two. Number one and number two people are thrilled. Number three people are confused, And that seems to be the overwhelming reaction from everyone.
Speaker 4: No one's going to shock people the most is probably not that you're pregnant, but now tell people how far along you are.
Speaker 3: So I'm eighteen weeks pregnant. Everybody, even Matt, we were talking about it, and even he was shocked because he thought it was thirteen weeks. But yeah, like in nearly five months, I'm eighteen weeks. Well, no, because it kind of it's always interesting with pregnancy because you think four weeks is a month, but actually it's not so like I eighteen weeks, I'm you know, two weeks shy of halfway. But yeah, I've been keeping a little secret for quite some time.
Speaker 4: You've actually done really well, but you've I think I haven't been able to tell it. I don't look like you've had a big pasta until probably like the last two to three weeks you've really popped well.
Speaker 1: Also, I mean, look, you don't want to hold your baby. Sorry for everyone, that was a lot.
Speaker 3: For anyone who wasn't watching this on YouTube or on socials, that was probably audibly very hectic. Keysh you organized plastic bottles at are full of tiny plastic babies.
Speaker 2: And it was it's not the best for audio.
Speaker 1: And also party poppers, which were great.
Speaker 3: Mine didn't go off, but we've used these party poppers before and statistically only fifty percent of the work.
Speaker 5: I'm a bit disappointed in the party popper, to be honest, it was great, but not disappointed in the news. I'm so excited about the news. Yeah, and I would love for you to share, like, how did you and Matt kind of come to the decision to have the third how did you tell him?
Speaker 3: So, I mean, I feel like I've talked about it a little bit. At the beginning of the year, Matt and I were not on the same page. He went through a period where he wanted to have a third, then he decided he didn't want to have a third anymore. And then it was like when he made the decision he didn't want to. I changed my mind and I wanted to, and so we kind of toxic. It took so toxic. It was like when he took it away from me, I wanted it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's giving back into the bachelor day.
Speaker 3: And then we did this dance for a while where like I wanted it, he didn't, then he wanted it, then I didn't. And I kind of put it down to any time I was ovulating, I was like baby, and then I would not be ovulating.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, that's a terrible idea.
Speaker 3: Anyway, there was a very small window where we were both on the same perfec.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what window was that? It didn't help.
Speaker 3: So Christmas, it was Christmas time. Obviously, it's a Christmas miracle. And Matt and I, obviously for a couple of weeks we were on the same page, and it was it was a really small window. But the thing that's even funnier is I've actually known for a really long time. I found out very early on with this pregnancy. It wasn't because I had any pregnancy symptoms, but it was because one of my friends had made a comment that made me think, oh, maybe I'll just pregnancy test. So you guys all know that Matt went and he was in the jungle and he was doing I'm a Celebrity. So he had just left, and it was two days after his phone had been taken away from him, and he was non contactabull. I don't even know if you guys know this. Actually, I don't think I've told you I know this. I don't think I told you the specifics. So he'd had his phone taken off him two days I'd been without being able to contact him, and I wasn't able to contact him the entire time that he was in the jungle. So one of my girlfriends was like, wouldn't it be funny if you found out you were pregnant when he's in there.
Speaker 1: She didn't really know that we were trying, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, oh, that's actually a possibility, and I went and bought a full pack of pregnancy tests. And I went home and my sister in law, Kate, and my mother in law were downstairs taking care of the kids. Ro and I have dinner together, and I just so casually and so confidently that I wasn't pregnant, walked up to the bathroom pete on a stick, like there was no consequences to my actions. And then I I sat there and I was like doing something, and then I looked at the stick and I was like, is that a line?
Speaker 1: And I was like, that's true? Is that a line?
Speaker 3: And I walked downstairs and I just said to Kate and to Ellie, I was like, guys, sorry to interrupt, you, can I just get your eyes on something.
Speaker 1: Do you think that this is a double line.
Speaker 3: Matt's sister and they were like yeah, and they both were a bit beside themselves. And then we just had to have dinner that night like everything was normal, just the girls, just the gals. And then I wasn't able to tell Matt for ages, so the whole time he was in the jungle, I wasn't able to tell him. And then it was really tricky because I didn't want to tell him when it was the finale. I didn't want to tell him as soon as the show because I don't know if you guys remember, but the show wasn't filmed live this year, so we were over there.
Speaker 1: We did the finale over there.
Speaker 3: Maybe it now makes sense as to why I so desperately wanted his business class to see. I was first trimester, vomiting most days and traveling with the two girls by myself.
Speaker 1: Fuck, so I was really struggling to Africa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I took the kids to Africa first time, master who don't recommend it, But I didn't want to tell him there. And then when we came back, we had to wait for the finale because it hadn't aired on TV yet, and I didn't want to tell him until after all of the excitement and all of the kind of craziness of I'm a celebrity had ended. I didn't want to a couple of reasons. I didn't want to take away from an experience that he was having and kind of like experienced top it with another thing. And I also wanted him to have some time to process what a huge thing he'd just been through. So I didn't really know what was the right time to tell him.
Speaker 6: But we waited so long.
Speaker 1: He was mad, I'll make.
Speaker 4: Him it sound like you're like, I'll give him a couple of days after finale.
Speaker 6: Tell everyone how long you went?
Speaker 3: So I knew for I knew for two and a half months before I told Mad that I was.
Speaker 6: Can you deal?
Speaker 5: How long did you wait from him coming out? Oh, I said, a lot of that was out of your control.
Speaker 3: About a fortnight maybe, yeah, about a fortnight until I told him that I was pregnant. But it was It was tricky because he was not himself, and he was having a bit of a hard time post jungle, and he wasn't very happy, Like.
Speaker 5: I actually confirmed that, Like we all saw Matt and he just didn't seem himself for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was stressed and he was distracted.
Speaker 3: And I think anyone who's ever done a big experience like that, when you've put so much mental energy into one thing, you come out of it and you just spend all your time still thinking about the experience. And so I could tell that, yes, he was physically here, but his brain was still in the jungle.
Speaker 1: That's all he was thinking about.
Speaker 3: So I was like, I just kind of want to give it some space between when that experience ended and like telling him something that I don't know how he's going to react to, because I knew he was going to be really excited about baby number one and baby number two, like Lola Amali. But then I kind of was a bit worried that maybe because we had fluctuated so much on our plans as to whether we were going to or not going to, I was worried that he was at a point where it wasn't what he wanted and so the reaction wasn't gonna be as excited or didn't he.
Speaker 4: I don't know what words in your mouth, but just from what you've said, didn't something happen just before you told him?
Speaker 2: Where he was like, Hey, thank god we decided not to baby.
Speaker 3: So it was only a couple of days after, like it had finished in Africa, and that said, so I take it you're not pregnant, and that was how he framed it. And because I wanted to tell him in a way that was like a nice surprise, or like tell him in a way that a cute wait felt a bit more sentimental, I didn't know how to respond to it, and so obviously I lied and I was like, oh, I was like yeah, I mean obviously, and then I doubled down really hard, and I was like, because I've been thinking maybe it's not a great idea, trying to throw him off this sense.
Speaker 1: It just came out.
Speaker 3: And then he was like, yeah, I've also been thinking maybe it's not a good idea.
Speaker 1: And I was like, fuck, okay, now what I do.
Speaker 3: So that's why I had to wait a while, because I was like, I've got to try and tell him it was a good idea and get him back on bullboard. So anyway, it was like a couple of weeks past by then obviously, like his mum and his sister were both like you to tell Matt, and my sister also knew, so there were a couple of people in our immediate family that knew before him. And I ordered these scratches online from Amazon, so I don't know if anyone's ever seen them.
Speaker 1: They're a gender reveal scratchy.
Speaker 3: Sorry, this is really uncomfortable for your sash looks my paper sack right as a baby bottle. So I bought these scratches online and there are a hundred thousand dollars scratches and one of the icons. You gotta scratch every single icon, and one of the icons says we're having a baby. Once you get to the icons having icons, though, the problem is is I bought the wrong one.
Speaker 6: He thought he got one hundred grand.
Speaker 2: Well, there are some scratches on.
Speaker 3: Amazon that are really good way you scratch them. It's just one big icon that says we're having a baby. This one was like thirty icons and you had to go looking for the we're having a baby one. And Matt has a very short attention span. So he got three quarters the way through it and he's like, this is the fucking worst Scratchy threw it away and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, baby could be one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Keep going.
Speaker 3: I was like, persevere, keep scratching, keep scratching. And so that went on for a good ten minutes of me telling him to keep sc acting. He was just getting increasingly frustrated.
Speaker 6: It's quite anti climatic.
Speaker 1: Eventually he saw.
Speaker 3: The way having a baby. I'll post the video for you guys, because he just looks confused. But luckily one of his best friends, Josh, who was also the groomsman at our wedding. He was standing right next to Matt, and so Matt looks at it and he's like what, And then you can tell that it's dawning on him that actually we're having a baby. And he hands it to Josh, and Josh's reaction is the reaction that you would expect from the dad. So Josh was stoked and that was really nice's father now. And so Josh and I am having a baby? No, and mat is Matt is actually so excited.
Speaker 6: I think for your say no, no, no, Matt is actually the father.
Speaker 3: And to be fair, I'm ninety percent sure he's also the father.
Speaker 6: We need to do a pretend.
Speaker 3: But the thing is is like, I think I just managed this in such a weird way, and I think off the back of it being I'm a celebrity and everything, it was just such a fucking whirlwind of a time that I feel bad for him because I think that his reaction wasn't how he actually feels. He just kind of got set up for a bit of emotional whiplash.
Speaker 4: It is so funny when you have to and I think this has happened to so many people when you've.
Speaker 2: Had to tell a white lie, and then you get stuck in it.
Speaker 4: You've had to double down all of a sudden, weeks later, you've doubled down on this line that like you're not pregnant when you're four months pregnant. It's such a weird thing to get stuck in where you're like, oh, I guess I got to commit now I.
Speaker 1: Was like two and a half months pregnant. But yeah, yeah, it was he had. Does he feel now he's really stoked. Yeah, he's really excited. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would love to know if anyone else who's had a third child felt like this first child we were so excited about, Like Marley, we were so excited.
Speaker 1: There was no concept of what's ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we were definitely apprehensive, and there was like, you know, anxieties and fears and all those normal feelings that's around pregnancy. But we were like just really excited about being parents and like this new experience in chapter that we're entering together.
Speaker 1: And then Lola.
Speaker 3: When I was pregnant with Lola, it was the same excitement. Because Marley was such an easy baby. We always call her our unicorn baby because she always lulled us into this false sense of how parenting is just so easy. And so I had this same level of excitement around the time that I was pregnant with Lola. But then Lola was like a really quite challenging baby, Like that first six weeks especially, I've spoken about it before, but I didn't get any sleep. I slept with her strap to me, like, it was a really really challenging time for me. And it was a fucking wake up call around how hard parenting can be. And so I feel like I'm going into this one with more meted excitement, like it's yeah, but it's like cussed with realism, you know, and like a realistic perspective on parenting. So and then I feel a little bit guilty because I'm like, well, am I supposed to have this like overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the miracle of life?
Speaker 3: When actually I just kind of feel a bit more pragmatic about this pregnancy. It's a different feeling going from two to three.
Speaker 4: But I think that's normal because your experience is different now, Like when you're going to have your first child, you don't have any other stresses at home. Now you're going into a third child with lived experience of both of like.
Speaker 2: An easy baby and a hard baby.
Speaker 4: You also know what it's like to not sleep, but now you're having a third baby with two other children that take your time, So I think it's probably normal for you to feel a bit of I don't know if you're feeling anxiety. I don't know what you're feeling, but it's normal for it to be a different experience.
Speaker 3: It's like my rose colored glasses around motherhood have been lifted. And I think also because we're going from having a four and a five year old, no nappies, really self sufficient, like are able to do so much for themselves. We have great conversations. You know, Laula's studying school next year, so we're so out of the trenches of babydom.
Speaker 1: You're going back, and now we're going all the way back.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting because people, like I said, people react really differently about the third First and second, everyone's super excited, and third, especially a lot of other moms, their reaction is like, you're fucking crazy. I can't even comprehend having a third baby. And I'm not saying it's not common. Loads of people have three kids, but it's definitely not as common as what it used to be, and I think that the perception is not the same, and so people's reactions have been like, oh my god, so exciting, but you're insane, and so that also kind of changes you're I don't know, it casts like a little bit of doubt around like was this a good idea?
Speaker 1: Are we crazy?
Speaker 5: Do you feel bad about that?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 5: Like is there I guess these conversations come up every time we talk about any expectation that I tend to be put on women, and it's like this is supposed to be this really overjoyed, and just the only thing you're ever supposed to feel in this moment is elation and gratitude, and like this is the best thing that ever could have happened. And I think that we've come a long way in kind of talking about you know, we talk about things like gender disappointment now and like how sometimes when people have babies, they don't get that natural and I'm putting that in quotation marks connection with their baby for a couple of weeks or months and like it's just not exactly what they expected it to be. Is there a part of you that feels like, oh, I'm not feeling how I may be supposed to feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I definitely have had a few conversations with girlfriends about it that I feel a bit guilty that I don't have the same excitement as what I had for baby number one and baby number two. And it's not because I'm not excited, Like I really don't want that to be misconstrued or for anyone to think that I'm not grateful, Like, of course I have all those feelings, but I have more apprehension about this one for some reason. And I think it's just because I know what I'm in for. I know it's going to be hard. I've done it already. And it's not that it's not joyous and all the other fucking amazing things that motherhood is, but having really little babies is really challenging, and you give up a lot of yourself for that first year or two years, you know, to be there and to like just the constantness of carrying them around, of like constantly having to do everything for them because they can't do anything for themselves. There's so much joy in it, but it is a very selfless thing that you have to do. And I guess life has gotten easy over the past couple of years because we have moved out of those trenches, and I see it getting easier, and I see the kids autonomously playing together, and you know, we can sit down for dinner and talk to each other, and I know where saying goodbye to all of those things that we've regained as a couple, And so part of me is a.
Speaker 1: Little bit like, oh, oh my god.
Speaker 3: And it is interesting to me that people feel so okay with telling you that you're insane, Like, you know, it's very rare that no one's ever going to say to you when you have your first baby, you're crazy, But people are very very happy to say it about the third child. And so I think other people's reactions to it have kind of made me be like, oh, that's an interesting Everything about this has felt different to one and two everything.
Speaker 4: I know loads of people, like loads of my friends have three kids, so yeah, I wouldn't let it bother you.
Speaker 1: I know loads of people who have had three kids too.
Speaker 3: It's not like I'm not saying it's not common, and I'm not saying that it's like so bizarre or weird, but I'm saying there's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: That choose to not move beyond to I also wonder.
Speaker 5: If it's because the gap between Marley and Lawla is quite small, and then the gap with this third baby is larger. And I kind of thought you'd put a bowl on that and gone, yeah, that, like, this is our family, this is how.
Speaker 1: It's going to be.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I've spoken with you a lot about you thinking about having a third for probably two years now, long inter conversation, but I really would love to know how Lola and Marley may reacted.
Speaker 3: I waited pretty long to tell the girls for a couple of reasons. So I didn't want to tell them and have them telling everyone like.
Speaker 2: How Marley did with mimislib everyone.
Speaker 3: So like the kids have no filter, and they of course not, you know, they are so excited they're going to go to school, like Marley's been telling random people in the park.
Speaker 1: Actually she might even be listening.
Speaker 3: There was a woman who was a lifer who I met done in a La Dullah. We were at the park together and Marley just was like, my mom's got a baby in her belly.
Speaker 4: So my friend came up to me last week. I've told no one like I take this, you know, very seriously. My friend come up to me and she goes, so I heard, there's a baby, and I was like, sorry, what playing dumb? She's like you know, and I was like who.
Speaker 2: They were like ah, and I was like, how did you know?
Speaker 4: She goes, well, my friend was at the park with her daughter, and she's like, and she's pregnant. Her friend's pregnant, and so her friend's daughter was just at the park to a random which that to be Maley, and the little girl's like, my mommy has a baby in her belly, and Molly goes, so does my mom, And so that daughter when.
Speaker 2: Told the random woman, the woman told my friend and.
Speaker 3: My friend on me and I was in the park at the time, and I remember this unfolding because this other pregnant lady turned around and she was like, oh my god, you're pregnant. And I was like, look, if it was ever going to get out to media, I know the leak came from Molly Maye.
Speaker 1: She was so excited she told.
Speaker 3: She literally called the Daily Mail and was like, my mom's having a baby printed on page one.
Speaker 5: It's also the type of thing you don't want to tell her that it's this big secret because you don't want to make her feel as though it's not something to be super excited about.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: That's a hard situation to navigate totally. And also so we told the girls. You know, Molly's a little bit older. She's been saying for ages that she wants a baby's sister, like she's been warning like another sibling La was not enough.
Speaker 5: She's like, I want a new one Lola return exchange.
Speaker 3: I knew that Lola wouldn't be excited, like I knew that she wouldn't Her first reaction wouldn't be excitement because Lola is initial comprehension of being like, oh, Mommy's having a baby, is I have to share Mommy? And I'm like her favorite person in the world. She doesn't want to share me with anyone. If I'm like cuddling Marley, if I'm cuddling Dad, like whatever, she gets super jealous. So I am a bit worried about how she's going to be when the baby comes along. But I also think it's gonna be good for her because.
Speaker 6: It's a dog.
Speaker 2: They're going to react.
Speaker 6: I don't know how she's.
Speaker 1: Gonna just like a child.
Speaker 3: So this is us telling the girls Hopefully you can hear the reaction from both. I guess what mommy is.
Speaker 2: I don't have to tell you to guess.
Speaker 1: We're not getting it once to track.
Speaker 7: Guse what we're going to get.
Speaker 1: We're getting ale, we're.
Speaker 4: Not getting.
Speaker 8: What do you think we're getting?
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Cloud?
Speaker 2: It's something very special something they you guys will.
Speaker 1: Get to keep a cuddle to.
Speaker 7: No guys, Okay, I'll give you a clue.
Speaker 4: It's in mummy.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, yess what she said.
Speaker 2: I'm getting out of here. I'm getting out of here. Actually, I'm getting out of here.
Speaker 7: I'm gone, I'm getting out of here.
Speaker 6: Action, No, are you excited? She actually left?
Speaker 2: She left the building.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I'm getting out of here actually, and she's stormed off.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, she's the properest child.
Speaker 3: She's mate. Yeah, personality higher.
Speaker 5: I would really like to get a bracelet, says WWLD.
Speaker 6: And it means what would Lola do?
Speaker 3: So same, that's our next merch. So I went upstairs to Lola afterwards. She was really upset. She went and had time outlocked us up in the room, and I went up and I opened the door and I sat down on the bed and I said, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: And she just started crying and she said, I don't want to share, Mummy. She said, you then you're gonna love a little baby and you're not gonna love me. And that was her instant reaction was around feeling as though I have to spread myself between both children, like more children.
Speaker 2: Three there'll be three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, three children?
Speaker 2: How the kids?
Speaker 5: Right up?
Speaker 1: That was really sweet, Like that was really hard.
Speaker 2: Has she come around now?
Speaker 3: She's completely come around, so much so that I have one more bit of audio that I want to play you guys, so much so that like I found a video in my phone.
Speaker 1: So this is like a fear of mine.
Speaker 3: My children watch me speak on Instagram and they will copy me.
Speaker 1: Obviously they don't know what Instagram is.
Speaker 3: They have no understanding that the social media, but they think like mummy's talking to the phone, someone on the phone. So every so often, Molly and Lola they will take my phone. They will open the camera and they will video record themselves just chatting away about their day.
Speaker 1: It's like they're doing their own minivlogs.
Speaker 3: But they don't go anywhere right literally, so Lala was running around with my phone. I was like, okay, cute, and so I opened my phone to watch this video that she'd gone and taken on her own. And this is what made me realize that everything is going to be okay.
Speaker 1: So apart from the fact that my child wants to be on TikTok.
Speaker 8: Hi anyone, I got a baby in my mom's tummy and I saw exciting to get it out, so so so excited. So how was your job secret?
Speaker 6: I have it, I don't done.
Speaker 3: So so so so so excited.
Speaker 8: So I leave my kid to get a baby out. It's coming out to day, not really, but I really want the baby comes out, but shut and the baby comes out, but it's not coming out.
Speaker 6: She sounds that I really love it. But now I'm gone, gone.
Speaker 2: I'm having trouble following.
Speaker 6: But I got that she's excited, excited.
Speaker 3: There's a baby in my tummy. It's coming out today but not really coming out. But it's not yet it's gone.
Speaker 5: But what I'm hearing is that there has been a shift and it's been im not being excited to be very very excited.
Speaker 3: The kids are so stoved. They're both really excited. Marley wants it to be a boy. Lola wants it to be a girl.
Speaker 2: Oh so someone's going to be disappointed.
Speaker 3: Someone's going to be disappointed. But I kind of wanted to have I mean, we'll talk about gender in a bit, but I really wanted to talk about the other thing that happens when you have three kids, that you have two of the same gender, is that everyone expects you're going for a third for a boy. So everyone who I've spoken to is like, oh, what do you want a boy? And that's been like the assumption, And I really want to say, like, you look, Matt and I are slightly different on it. I think Matt would like a boy, Like we've had conversations, and I think if he had a preference, he would say a change of scenery would be nice.
Speaker 1: And I think he's.
Speaker 3: Always envisaged himself as having a boy. That's his version of fatherhood that he kind of pictured. However, for me, I do not care, like I don't want to have a third child because I want a specific gender. I want a third child because I want to experience all the incredible things that I've experienced with my kids, and I feel as though we're moving out of those phases and I'll never get to have them again. Something just didn't feel complete for me. That's kind of my biggest fear is, like I think that people think that if we were to have a girl as a third baby, that there would be disappointments, And I want to say, like, for me, I could not care less.
Speaker 2: It probably has pro.
Speaker 4: Cons as well, because you've already got two girls, you know how it works. A third girl would fit into, you know, the sisterhood, and there's five years different.
Speaker 2: So I guess if you had a boy and it was it's a different sex to the.
Speaker 1: Other two so left out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's big.
Speaker 4: Difference and to be different sex as well. But I think that they'd be pros.
Speaker 2: And cons to both.
Speaker 4: And I can't imagine either of you actually care, like as much as you could say you have a preference. At the end of the day, everyone just wants a healthy baby.
Speaker 1: Are you going to find out gender?
Speaker 3: We are actually so look, I mean you should ask that he's a little bit of a scoop.
Speaker 1: Guys, so we are actually going to do it.
Speaker 3: If you're listening to this on Wednesday, so like today you were told and as the episode came out, Matt and I because obviously Matt's having a conversation about us having a baby on two doting dads because that's you know, that's his audience, that's where he can have the chat. It's kind of in the title, Yeah and I and I'm talking about it to you guys, like we share everything about our lives, well not everything, but we share so much about our lives with you, and it's like such a privilege that you care enough to want.
Speaker 1: To know about it.
Speaker 3: So Matt and I we were talking about what we would do because up until this point, we've never found out gender before. We've always found out at the point of delivery whether we're having a boy or a girl. But this time Matt was like, I really want to know at the time. And when it all came down to me telling him that we're having another baby, I wanted him to feel really excited about it, and so I kind of gave that over to him. I was like, Okay, well this baby we can find out and that made him like, you know, he was stoked. So we are actually going to do it this afternoon. You guys can listen if you want to. We're going to do it on the pick up at three o'clock. So we're gonna do it on radio.
Speaker 4: Look, I actually just got goosebumps this afternoon and live on radio, we're gonna find out me and Mad.
Speaker 3: But also, if you don't listen to radio, I don't worry. I'll just tell you next episode. It's fine, or you can go in to my socials.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you there.
Speaker 4: I was about to say, I feel very privileged that I get to find out at the same time as you were Mad, but I was.
Speaker 2: Like, it's not my privilege. All Australia's finding out. I was like, I'm so, but you're in the room.
Speaker 1: You're in the room.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna find out together because you know, obviously we will tell our family and stuff as well.
Speaker 1: But like, it didn't feel right.
Speaker 3: To have the conversations in silo, so we were like, let's do it together and you know what, it'll be fun. So we're gonna find out this afternoon. I feel so fucking weird about it. I would prefer not to find out. That would be my absolute preference. I would love to just I love the surprise. I think it's such a special moment in birth and I feel like like it's the reward for the hard work. Is kind of how I felt like finding out who this person was that's been in me this whole time. Whereas like, I know it's important to Matt, so I'm happy to do it this time around.
Speaker 4: And you've got two surprises, so it's okay too, I mean, but also I've done.
Speaker 1: Every birth, so I feel.
Speaker 2: It's funny that you'll probably continue to do the bird.
Speaker 3: I've done one hundred percent of the birth so far, so I feel like that was mine to have.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm happy to make the concession.
Speaker 4: I do feel like because a lot of couples argue about if you want to find out, like when one person wants you and one person doesn't, I do think it always comes down to the fact that the mother gets to overrule and gets a final decision because you are the one sacrificing everything. You're carrying it, your body's changing, your hormones, you've got a breastfeed, you've got it's got to come out of your vagina, like for you all the hood well what you know what I mean, Like it's all you, It is all you, So at the end of the day, there isn't an argument, and.
Speaker 3: Also speaking of that, like third pregnancy, all the things that you experience in first and second pregnancy just happened earlier. Like your body changes so well for me anyway, I'm sure everyone's different, but your body changes so quickly, and like all of the things that didn't hit me until I was like twenty four weeks or twenty six weeks with the other two just happened sooner. And I think it's maybe because like gravity, and like I'm older, I'm considered geriatric pregnant. Actually I was considered geriatric pregnancy last time, but I'm thirty nine, Like I'm going to need to change the parameters. I know, I don't walk into my appointment the Zimmer frame, but thirty nine. The reaction from the obstetricians around age related birth has been different. It's been different. They were really chill when I was thirty five having a baby. They didn't seem to like take it as seriously, and I never I mean, it's up to everyone's own personal preference. But I never had the NIPT test done with maleolola was just my preference. I had the newcal fold test done, which is like when they look for genetic abnormalities based on the structure of the baby. But I never had a chromosomal test done on them either, And this time it was really pushed as though it was something that was a priority.
Speaker 1: So I kind of felt like.
Speaker 3: There's been more systems that have been put in place and been really kind of like, Okay, you should do this to make sure that you're aware of like everything that's going on. And also with Marley, Marley was forty two weeks, so she went over by two weeks, and my obstration was like, you are absolutely not going over. You will have a baby at thirty eight or thirty nine weeks, so I know that it will be end of September unless I come super early. But that's never been the case for me. But I think as you get older and as you're having pregnancies, as you know, thirty nine, forty, whatever it looks like for you as an individual, they take it more seriously because they can be more complications that are eyes well.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's statistically proven that you do have more go wrong with babies as you get older, and that's why miscarriages increase. Things just changed, and it's not anything personal against somebody, it's just it's biology.
Speaker 2: It's just what happens.
Speaker 5: It's also with sperm as well, like advancing paternal age is a risk factor for certain genetic conditions too, and no one ever speaks about that. They only ever talk about the fact that as the woman gets older there's all these complications.
Speaker 3: Totally, you know, it's so I was, I mean, look, I don't get all my information from social media, but I saw real recently which was all about like the epigenetic coding of male sperm and the impact that that has on women.
Speaker 1: And it was around this guy being like munchiged in to the.
Speaker 3: Best shape of their lives nine months before they get a woman pregnant, and that there has been links of like sperm has an impact on miscarriage rate, on whether a woman ends up having preclamsier.
Speaker 1: There is such a.
Speaker 3: More defined link to the sperm than what anyone ever knew before, and everyone always just thought it was like completely the woman's body, completely the woman's responsibility, but actually they've realized that there's so much DNA that is responsible for the impact of the pregnancy and also the quality of the birth experience of the mother. So yeah, if your partner's fucking drinking and smoking and not taking care of himself. But you're trying for a baby to the police had in for sure.
Speaker 5: Actually speaking about physical complications, the last episode that we released, you spoke about the fact that you had a cyst on.
Speaker 6: The other side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cist first, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: How did that impact what came first to chicken all the ink?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: So, yeah, so the cyst was already there, and I, like I said, I've had it since September last year. However, it's been fluctuating in size, and it had decreased at Christmas time, So I had had a scan done at Christmas time. And I guess the part of that story that I wasn't able to tell you until now. So I'd had this scan at Christmas time, it had decreased in size, and then after I found out I was pregnant. Part of the reason why I wanted to do a pregnancy test was because I kind of felt a bit uncomfortable, but I didn't realize it was because my cyst was back and it was bigger than it had ever been. So what it actually happened is when I ovulated. The time that I ovulated and got pregnant from it. The ovulation bled straight into the cyst, and so it was a byproduct of getting pregnant. But the problem was is that I now had like an eight point five centimeters cyst that was just floating around the same time that I had a developing baby, which can be okay for some people, or it can cause really bad complications. If it doesn't, it doesn't resolve itself. But the issue around surgery, So if you have a really really big cyst, often surgery is the option. The problem is is that if you have gotten pregnant and that is you're ovulating ovary, that ovary is responsible for creating the placenta and creating all the things that the baby needs to be viable. So they can't remove it until the end of second trimester.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that would have been so stressful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and even then it's really complicated, so it added a layer of complication. Basically, the obstitution was like, we can't do anything. You do, just have to wait and see, and if there's torsion, it would have meant complications not just for the ovary but also for the baby. So I'm so lucky that that has just kind of like spontaneously resolved, not completely, but resolved enough that, like, my ovary is not at risk now. So it's something I'm gonna have to deal with after the baby's born, and it might be something that they do in tandem, depending on what happens, Like I might have the baby and then they might go and remove the cyst at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll find out.
Speaker 2: One stop shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can snip down there, snipap here. I was like, can you give me a la Literally, I was like, can you do the whole thing? And he was like, nonin until six months after I was and.
Speaker 2: Do the nose job while you're there.
Speaker 3: If it's just to be fair though, guys, this is too much information, but I'll tell you anyway. My vagina got so fat, so fat when I was pregnant with Lawla, Like it was humongous.
Speaker 2: Human You've already told us that, So no one's shocked by that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's fat started little started down there. I'm only eighteen weeks and it's already started.
Speaker 1: It just gets huge.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, I need some lymphatic drainage happening, but it just just drained straight into my rowler.
Speaker 2: Can you get like a e lymphatic vaginal message. That kidding I think that.
Speaker 3: I don't think I could walk in and specifically ask for it. I feel like the therapists might be a bit confused.
Speaker 2: The pelvic floor physios and stuff.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think they messaged the labia. We'll find out. I'm not for it.
Speaker 3: There's so many weird things that happened to you body during pregnancy though, that people don't talk about. Like people always say, like, oh, you're glowing, and it's a lie. You get malasma, your nipples go dark and nipples get long, get a line on your belly.
Speaker 4: You get hairy, like beautiful time ever, you look amazing. I'm calling bullshit on that one. We before you even told us you were pregnant. I remember complimenting you so much.
Speaker 2: I was like, your skin is amazing.
Speaker 1: What did you do? I just thought you were tired.
Speaker 3: I had just had profilo, That's what we had just gotten around botox and profi loo just before I got pregnant. Probably shouldn't say that, but I don't recommend it just worked out timing wise. Well, Look, one of the only other things I really want to talk about is because you guys have kind of been along the pregnancy and pregnancy loss journey of mine over the last few years, and we've had a kind of like a pattern to our pregnancies thus far. We had pregnancy loss, then we had Maley, I had another pregnancy loss, then we had Lola, And so I think it's actually taken me a really long time to get my head around that, you know, hopefully this one is going to stick. I really honestly think for a very long time, I just assumed that I would have a miscarriage this time.
Speaker 2: Around, like before you got pregnant again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that that also is a reason why I don't think I've felt the same level of excitement.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just I think anytime you have a pregnancy after pregnancy loss in general, every time, it kind of just erodes your sense of security in a pregnancy.
Speaker 5: Has that gone away now, And if it has, at what point did it go away?
Speaker 3: It doesn't ever completely go away for me, I don't think so the baby's born, Yeah, it really doesn't. And I feel a slight lack of attachment to my pregnancies in general, even though I can say that there was excitement and everything else.
Speaker 1: I feel a lack of connection.
Speaker 3: I know that some mothers feel this real deep connection with that unborn child and it seems like it's a beautiful experience. I feel a little bit alien to it. And I think that that might be mental self preservation.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's really just your brain goes into like protection. Yeah, and I think I am just now actually quite a realistic and pragmatic person at times, and so I'm like, okay, not going to be driven by the emotion, going to be driven by like the reality of the possibilities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you've had the lived experience. You can't when you've lived something and you know it.
Speaker 4: Can happen to you and you know how it feels, you can't just ignore it.
Speaker 2: It's always going to be in the back of your mind.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. But anyway, guys, that was I don't know if there's much else to share.
Speaker 5: Sorry, and we be selfish and talk about us and tell everyone how you tell.
Speaker 6: Us the podcast? Now? What does it mean for us? How did you tell us?
Speaker 1: How did I tell you? Guys?
Speaker 3: Look, there is actually a really big conversation that we want to have because obviously Britt it involves you heavily. Every other time I have been pregnant, and I mean miscarriages, all pregnant and it's been a success, Like the four times prior that I've been pregnant, Britt, you have known before I've told that like I have told I have told you crazy, like I told Britt literally the day I found out, especially the baby after Marley, which was really close, like I think I was pregnant like ten eleven months after Molly was born.
Speaker 1: Like it was the same year crazy crazy clothes.
Speaker 3: Well I no, it was still pregnant, same year with Lola, but this was like three months prior to Lolah, So I think Marley was in like nine months. I told you, and then I hadn't so like I told Matt, And it was only a couple of days later after I told Matt that I miscarried. But Britain you for like weeks prior to me telling Matt, which I'm sure he's thrilled.
Speaker 4: To know that.
Speaker 2: I like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: But this one felt different, And it felt different because obviously you are in a very different place with your wanting to have kids and fertility and the conversations that we've had around IVF and everything else. So I had this real fear around telling you and it upsetting you, yeah, or it telling you and it feeling as though it wasn't going to be received as good news because I know that, and you know, we have had so many conversations around how you can be happy for a friend and be sad for yourself, and I guess I felt like this time it needed to be treated with more care and more considerate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is also a double edged sword, because it makes me appreciative that you would even consider that, but it makes me upset that you would think that it would not be received well, that I would not be happy for you like that to me makes me more upset to think that a friend.
Speaker 2: Can't share something her happiness.
Speaker 1: Well, you're still one of the first people I told, so it's not no.
Speaker 6: But you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's a funny feeling because that upsets me more being like, wow, I hate that my friends feel like I won't be able to separate those two.
Speaker 3: I think the difference in this is and I know what you're saying, because often, for example, like if you have had pregnancy loss or you don't have a baby, you don't get invited to the baby showers, you don't get invited to the birthday parties, and people assume that it's they don't want to deal with your discomfort. And know that in my situation and our situation, it's not that I just knew that this time it needed more sensitivity and it needed more consideration, whereas last time and the time before, I just told you the day of it didn't matter. It was reckless and careless because I didn't have to care because.
Speaker 1: You didn't care.
Speaker 3: But knowing now, when you have friends who deeply care and who are going through their own experiences, it's important to approach it in a way I think that is considerate and is sensitive. And also I kind of wanted to like figure out how I was feeling about everything, and an idea of like, well, how does that impact so because you know, we're best friends, but we're also business partners in this as well, so we want to do a whole episode, which we will do in the next little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's complicated and it's so multifaceted and multilayered. It's definitely not something that you can we can throw into an episode now, and it's not something I would want to talk about now either, because it does come attached with some confusing emotions, and I think this emotion right now for you is happiness, and this episode is excitement and happiness. And there are conversations that we will have in the future about this conversation because I know there's so many of you listening now that are on my side of the best people on Lawer's side of the fence. And when I say fence, I don't mean like opinions, I mean where you're right in life, Like some of you are going through it not successfully, and you have friends that are going through it successfully, And there's people on both sides of that fence.
Speaker 2: So I think it's important that we do talk on both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think the big conversation that we want to have about that, which will be its own episode, is around like how do you have those conversations and how do you hold space for someone who's living a very different experience and.
Speaker 1: What does that look like?
Speaker 3: Because you are always and as women, we are always going to have different periods of life where we're not able to be on the same page as our friends. And it's not just you brit like I have other friends who are going through who have been through some really really challenging fertility issues, and it feels different being like, hey, I know you're struggling with this, I'm having my third. That feels careless and like it's not very thoughtful. So, like, I guess we really wanted to have that conversation broader and be like, Okay, well, how do you navigate this when you want to, you know, talk about something that's so exciting for you, but also do it with care.
Speaker 2: And also the other side of the coin.
Speaker 1: I remember colle Fisher speaking with you about this.
Speaker 5: Antanya Hennessy more recently on Life on Cut is the emotions that the person who is receiving the information experiences as well, not in terms of like the complexity of it, in terms of the fact that they can feel really bad about how they actually feel.
Speaker 2: In response to that and.
Speaker 1: The duality of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, living with the duality, perfect way to summon it up. I would love to kind of do a bit of a deep dive on that at some point, and like you guys said, another episode, and I think it will be really really important conversation.
Speaker 2: It's also just the age we're at.
Speaker 4: It's so prevalent now because of the time frame we're at, so all of when you said you've got a lot of other friends going through it, it's because that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: In our life.
Speaker 4: You know, like we're in our mid to late thirties, where it's if people haven't had kids yet, now the time they want it. But it's also now is the time that you realize that maybe you do have issues with falling pregnant or you.
Speaker 3: Know, in this in the last eighteen weeks of me knowing that I'm or seventeen weeks, I've known that I'm pregnant. I've had friends who have had miscarriages. I've had a friend who's had a baby who had and has been through some of the most challenging fertility issues I have ever known someone to experience. And so you know, I think that this pregnancy felt different for those reasons, because like my experience and my exposure to it is different now, whereas like when I was thirty five, I was the first person that I knew that it had a miscarriage. I didn't know anyone else, So like it's a very different experience.
Speaker 5: I reckon that actually should be something that every single one of us, as in I'm talking about you listening. We should actually be so proud of ourselves because that has shifted so much in the last couple of years. I think our ability to recognize the emotions involved in situations like this. I now see when people have pregnancy announcements on social media that it's like, hey, leono, I understand that this could be a really complicated thing for someone if you want to mute me, Like all of those types of things. I think we have actually come such a long way in being considerate of how other people experienced it differently, and I think that's a really beautiful thing. Like that's we constantly talk about the ways in which society is fucked, and I think that that is one of the best ways that we have actually evolved into being considerate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, completely, And you know, it's a really interesting thing because like I think about like this whole concept of motherhood and like, if you had asked me in my twenties if I was gonna have kids, and I've said it before, I didn't even know if I wanted to have kids. I never had this deep maternal pool. I never he felt as she's still figuring it out.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. Yeah, I just never had it.
Speaker 3: I never had it, and it wasn't until I became a mum that I felt as though a door opened for me. And it is an experience that I have loved so deeply. And I love being a mum and I love my girls, and I know I complain on here about it sometimes, but like, it's literally the best thing that ever happened to me. And I guess for me, you hear so many horror stories about how hard parenting is. You hear like, and it had to happen. The pendulum had to swing so that women who were challenged by motherhood and who find it incredibly hard had a voice and felt comfort in that. But I also think sometimes that the pendulum swung so far in the opposite direction that we don't hear about how great it is and how how fun it is, and how actually you can discover a whole new identity in motherhood. Your life doesn't just stop, work doesn't just dry up, you know, your sense of self doesn't just disappear, but like you kind of become a new version of yourself. And that's what I have felt motherhood has been for me, and I fucking love it. So like when I think about it in that respect, I get really excited because I'm like, well, he's a whole new human that I get to meet, and who's gonna be like this cool little person who's gonna scream at me and treat me like Well, it doesn't.
Speaker 6: I have one more thing.
Speaker 5: So on the weekend I was talking with my friend Sophie shout out, so if I know that you listen, you're a big lifer. And I was saying, oh, there's going to be a really exciting thing coming on Wednesday, and she was like, what is it?
Speaker 2: And I hand on my heart.
Speaker 6: I kept it a secret. I was really proud of myself and not sharing it.
Speaker 5: I was like, you gotta wait, you gotta wait, And she was like.
Speaker 1: The podcast isn't ending.
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, that's a bad secret. We would never hook that announcement.
Speaker 6: Brittany and Laura unemployed.
Speaker 2: Third baby Life on Cut will not cease to exist.
Speaker 4: There'll be some minor adjustments whilst the birth in in the early days, but like the podcast.
Speaker 5: We will live stream from the birth.
Speaker 2: So you guys are going to be a part of.
Speaker 1: You guys have more concerned than I ever.
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm not concerned about adult I actually am not concerned in the slightest. I wanted to put the listeners at ease so that they don't feel as though it's going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, guys, I thrive in chaos. Throw more on my plate.
Speaker 6: I do feel like it's gould.
Speaker 4: To be slightly more stressful than the other two times because there are two other children now like there's three children.
Speaker 2: But we're ready for that.
Speaker 1: I am the most supported that I have been this time.
Speaker 3: So the last two times it was COVID, there was no support. I had no childcare, I had nothing, and I still managed to do what I did this time.
Speaker 1: I live with Matt's mum.
Speaker 3: You know, we are very very fortunate that we are able to afford child support, and you know, both my other kids will be in school. I actually feel the most confident about going into this birth, and I'm what I did in the last time, and so you know, obviously like I'll have a couple of weeks off, I'll have a baby. I'll come back and tell you about it. Like it's not the podcast isn't going anywhere. Nothing else changes. This big news doesn't stop anything.
Speaker 5: I think you should be really proud of that though, because you put the systems in place. You know, like you've got the support systems in you have multiple businesses, you've got amazing people in each of those that it takes a village, right, and you've got the village.
Speaker 2: But I'm so lucky that this job as a job, it can be done from anywhere.
Speaker 4: So if there's a bad day, well, it's like, if there's a bad day and you need to be like, hey, we need to do it from home today, we can do it from home. We've got equipped Like That's that we're blessed in the fact that we have a job that is mobile. Like that is not like you've got to turn up to a nine to five at a storefront. Obviously it's better here if you can come into a studio. But like, we are very lucky that we can do this anywhere at any time.
Speaker 3: Let me know if you want me to podcast from the delivery suite, because I'll do that to you guys. We are absolutely not if you want me to take life, if you want me to take a road caster in because I'm going to be in juice. So I'm going to have six hours of laying there with an epidural in my back. I'll tell you all about again.
Speaker 4: Get an audio content where that's puddler roone to do your ef you geral and it can be a whole family affair it.
Speaker 2: I'll come in. Do you want to come in podcast?
Speaker 1: You can come in.
Speaker 6: Why it's crowning with.
Speaker 3: This could be a podcasting first. We could literally podcast live from my birth.
Speaker 2: If you want to do it.
Speaker 1: I'm not scared. It's the third one. I don't care as much.
Speaker 4: I've always wanted to see just how long the long lavia is, so I will come in to do it.
Speaker 3: The first two felt really special. The third one I'm like, I've done this twice now. This is an old roadie. I'm gonna cough that baby out. It's an old podcast live.
Speaker 2: If Matt will let me come in, I will come in. Podcast.
Speaker 3: Do we need to have these kind of mics or do we have to just put one of the lapel MIC's on?
Speaker 6: No, you don't have to hold you can have a lapel. You can't imagine.
Speaker 2: One of us standing there with one of the MIC's boom mic.
Speaker 1: They're too echoey. I hate those anyway, guys.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 6: The MIC's too echy echoee. So we're happy for you.
Speaker 2: Congratulation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got another little team member joining next year's tour bus for Life on Cut.
Speaker 1: It's going to need some extra baby seats.
Speaker 4: But make sure you, guys tune in to the pickup this afternoon because we're doing the live gender reveal.
Speaker 2: We're going to find out what baby you've had. And if you're listening to this late already.
Speaker 1: Know Yeah, if you're listening to this late, just go to my Instagram, you're probably not. Anyway, guys, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I am so excited and so like, Yeah, I love being able to share this stuff with you. We've shared everything along the way, and yeah, this is like the next chapter.
Speaker 2: I just to take you seriously with your.
Speaker 6: Sash on.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're like world peace. That's what I feel like. It's giving. Do you know what I'm devote about?
Speaker 4: You know what I will say, I'm devote about what I was looking so forward to it and I was telling so many people. I actually said it to Keisha. I said, I can't wait for the wedding. I was like, Laura is going to get lit. Before I knew were pregnant, I was like, Laura's going to be so lydy at my wedding.
Speaker 2: I was like, she loves a Margie. I've got Marg's on the menu.
Speaker 1: For it, Mark and Margaritea.
Speaker 2: I put them on the cocktail. Are you specifically because I hate them?
Speaker 6: Actually?
Speaker 4: Fuck it, I'm taking them off off I'll show you can I just say, readers.
Speaker 1: I know, make make me a booze free one.
Speaker 3: It's such a privileged to be able to share it with you guys, so thank you for always coming along for like the journey of what we experience in.
Speaker 2: Life, journey of life, you know.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you guys have been there for all of it. So it means a lot.
Speaker 4: If you actually, if you have this early at my wedding and take away my limelight with a baby.
Speaker 3: I'm going to if I have this baby early, it'll be very unwell. So I think that it's not about the limelight. It's probably about me being in the ICU ward.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, it was a bad joke. Don't take so seriously, all right, So yeah, hey.
Speaker 3: Guys, that is it from us. If you love the episode, please don't leave a bad review on.
Speaker 5: That, Like, that's a pretty awful thing to leave bad review.
Speaker 2: Been a bad review on the fact that Laura's having a baby. You can stop listening to Life onger.
Speaker 3: That would be weird, but yeah, like look, leave us your reviews. You can go and join Life on Cut podcasts on Instagram. You can watch it on YouTube. We also are on Spotify. You can put comments there, like literally, you can get us on all the channels.
Speaker 4: Book discussion group, that's a big one. So if you're not following that, go and follow that. But also can we just say please go and we can see you guys watching YouTube, hit subscribe and follow along with us because.
Speaker 2: Those videos are so good and we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Be putting a lot more up there, like a lot more little shorts and snippets.
Speaker 2: So it's really important for the podcast too.
Speaker 4: If you go to YouTube the app channel just Life on Card podcast and actually hit like subscribe, that would mean the welcome Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know the drim tea, mum tea, dad, tear
Speaker 4: Dog tea friends and tell all you new babies what happened about We are