Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What was the point of getting dressed? I thought I might as well just roll out of bed.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm right, very well in cats Listen, I'll be honest, Vicky, right, is your husband of smoke show? Like Gold one? O four? Hey, good morning, it's Thursday morning five, but it's past six. Welcome to Gold. Good morning, Patsy, morning Coome, Morning Jack? How are you before we get into today show? Patsy?
Speaker 4: Do you know what's killing all the weather? Is it like this for the weekends?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm afraid so, because this time.
Speaker 3: Last week and at the weekend it was like Summer's it's not spring, We're going into summer. It's a beautiful likely for the Grand Final on Saturday, it was a cloud in the sky. And now for us that we've gone back to winter.
Speaker 5: You know, the most recent victim of the wind is the name played above my parking spot blown away overnight.
Speaker 3: I'm not surprised they are.
Speaker 5: It's laminated and then.
Speaker 3: We're like Selotate, the weakest low tach Celotate. I'm surprised it's lasted this far. So didn't you share a spot where Tony to ugly. Yes she does daytime said, by the way, Patsy, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yes said it's familiar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Patsy, what's going on with your pilot light? Then in the wind Way out West and the Aquamax three sixty, there's.
Speaker 2: Been a breakthrough. And you don't think I didn't stop hearing about it yesterday afternoon. So we were getting Matt the plumber out, remember.
Speaker 3: Oh wind and veil plumbing. Correct, it's amazing. I don't remember anything from yesterday show. That's sad that only I remember business.
Speaker 5: And he got the Brisons from his dad.
Speaker 2: Dave Dave, No, not his dad, no, his mate Dave sold it to mess that's several years ago.
Speaker 3: Several years ago.
Speaker 2: Ye, Dave had had it for decades.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So as he passed on a really good ongoing concern, has he what has he died?
Speaker 6: You said?
Speaker 2: Has he worked? Passed?
Speaker 3: Just on a good business?
Speaker 2: Doesn't going well? Yes, it's a brilliant business because you can ring and you know that if he can.
Speaker 4: Be there, he will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be very how the businesses would take a leaf out of that shoe dog listens list Phil Night pick up the bloody phone mate.
Speaker 5: You just press the numbers and then you're speaking to him.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 3: We do that.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't call this a great business.
Speaker 2: No, but it's like same day service. They're very very good, and they're very very busy. Anyway, so they were coming over yesterday afternoon. I got home from work. The love God was working from home yesterday, met me at the front door. Such was his excitement, and he said, guess what, I've fixed the pilot light myself, And I said.
Speaker 3: Boy, Love. The fact he was at the front door, that is exactly the sort of thing I would do, where this kind of news cannot wait for you to get in the house, shut the door. I do that something. My wife is just driving pulling out like you won't believe what I've done. I'm only going to have been a bloody ad. Help you go and get me a present and come back and then then break it apart over several hours.
Speaker 2: Yesterday he wanted to be get anointed all undernoon and I'm like, that's fantastic. So but we still got Matt and the boys out to check the gas levels. Well, they had to get their invoice in, didn't they.
Speaker 3: But no, with gas really turned on them quickly with canute to go in this break. You love them. They do a great business now because they're charging you for it. They have to make a living.
Speaker 2: Well, you can't be too dicey with gas. You've got to be sure. So they had to test it anyway. It all looked good, so that's good. But I just did not stop hearing about it from Chris. So around dinner time, I said, well, gee, I've done three loads of washing today. I've organized ballet for Audrey on Saturday because she needs a ride there.
Speaker 3: This is literally every conversation. Of course, Yeah, I've done maybe one percent of the total universe of what needs to be done, but it will be talked about for eighty percent. How guts that heating we're enjoying at the moment, that's thanks to me. Cool welcome families.
Speaker 2: I fixed the gas, but just would not let I let him go for a couple of hours, and then I said, look, no, that's it, that's it. That's all the glory you get. You fixed it, well done.
Speaker 3: Do you know why we make such a big doubt this because more often not day to day, it's constantly just a stream of errors or half completed tasks or things forgot about. So when the rare sweet spot happens, the balls and that is once a year for us little men, it's a very very big deal. It's like gold medal. You know, you're on the rostrum and you're waving to the nation around the glow. Give us the victory that please, It'll be a.
Speaker 4: Long time before he's doing it again.
Speaker 1: The Christian No Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So Yesterin on the show, Chad was talking about a blocked toilet, and because you've got a little baby that's sixteen seventeen months old, I just presume that that must be the culprit behind the block toilet.
Speaker 5: We still don't know what's blocked in there, but the water is still up to the brim. We have another toilet by the way, so we are still using at And did.
Speaker 3: Wonder what we were here saving it or keeping it all bun up, but until he got to work and then his kick and open a door and go oh for another twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: But the one in the laundry is actually with clean water up to the brim, and you know, drop more water will send it over the edge. So we need to.
Speaker 3: Be tempted to put your hand in and just reach under that U bend and dislaunch.
Speaker 5: Something I have not been tempted to get up.
Speaker 3: I've done that before, and I would never compact to Fecal Matter. Great name for heavy metal band, by the way, Compactson fecal Matter.
Speaker 5: Guess what I've been offered, especially specialty bit of equipment that only plusers use, that you can't buy anywhere.
Speaker 3: So it's the pros.
Speaker 5: It's a plunger that you can't get a Buddings. You can't get any of the hardware stores. Only plumbers are allowed to use it.
Speaker 4: So where do they get it from?
Speaker 3: They got underground kind of plumbers market, the deep Dart Web.
Speaker 5: It's Caitlin's dad. Caaylyn works with us on the show. Her dad is a plumber.
Speaker 7: Yes, so my dad, he's been a plumber for forty something years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had him on the show.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: He was actually really helpful.
Speaker 7: And after everything had happened, he gave me a call after the show. He's like, look, I've just been thinking about this and I've got this specialty plunger that's better than anything you can get for an ordinary person.
Speaker 3: Because when I got a bunnies is dirtchy, but it did the job, but it took quite a while.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Whereas this one's got a really good suction cap on it, which is what you need if there is something launched in there. It just makes it far easier.
Speaker 2: So he said, what.
Speaker 7: I can do is I can send it down because my mum's arriving today, so he's just going to get her to pop it in her luggage and bring it.
Speaker 3: Down for you plunges on a plane. P Is that something you'd have in your hand luggage or are you putting that and checking it in?
Speaker 5: I guess that's checked in oversized baggage, is it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: No, because it's only the head of the plunger.
Speaker 3: So it's a suction bit, the most important correct, Yes, where's the rest of it? How you put your fist in it and just get.
Speaker 2: On with it?
Speaker 5: Why would I need just the plunge your head?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: So Dad has he explained to me that it's a great plunger because you can add any sort of broom head that has screwing part to it.
Speaker 3: This guy is Harry Ponted with his wizards.
Speaker 5: You can get it from you.
Speaker 3: Know, when someone doesn't give you a gift. It's a problem, and you sort this out.
Speaker 7: The broom won't be able at like the extension of the broom which gives you the more heath hoo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, kind of freak.
Speaker 4: Have you got a broomhanded that you can just detach?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I've never tried to caretake.
Speaker 5: We have our broom, but I don't I've never known if the handle comes off, and what if it doesn't fit in.
Speaker 3: You know, there's this might be a thirty five meal and this needs a forty two.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: Dad promised me that any ordinary I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Say anybody Dad, but he's some Queensland. They're very vague people they are. When they go right, there's like ating version of that. Then the Queensland will one. It is a lot lot looser chat doing your stay.
Speaker 2: He was very yeah, it would be that.
Speaker 3: Whatever. So you there's no way, no way to.
Speaker 5: Use staff for taping some sort of stick to the end of a place's head.
Speaker 7: I mean that work, You'll be fine, trust me. It's what you need is the suction. So as long as the stick is really connected to it with gaffer tape or something like that, you'd be right.
Speaker 5: I'm not as excited as I was.
Speaker 3: So your mum is flying down? Does she know about this kind offe? Have you packed these bands yourself? Madam? It's a really strange object and it's a special prose only plumbing plunger. Okay, madam, let's sit like this from sexy Land so a French chicler. I think it's cooled.
Speaker 7: My parents are actually divorced, but they're best friends, right, and so mum has.
Speaker 3: Still you shouldn't be taking this stuff for a best friend.
Speaker 7: I said this to him, so I said, how are you going to get it here? He goes, Oh, well, your mum's going down tomorrow and I'm going.
Speaker 3: To drop off of the ear love. That's some old pooey, old plunger I've taken on the sweet corn.
Speaker 7: Off it, it goes, I'll just give it to her and she can bring it down.
Speaker 3: With it in your suitcase underwear.
Speaker 4: Madam.
Speaker 3: So what you have to do now when you get this maybe tomorrow over the weekend, you're now going to have to go to bunnies where they loose part with it like Cinderella and the pushoo putting it on?
Speaker 5: Is this and is it come in its own bag or anything? Or is it just a loose plunge of heads? Not as excited as I was.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast Yes See.
Speaker 3: On the show, what a scorching story from Jackpost? A story not about Jack Post, but isn't a way about Jackpost. He's at the sideline watching something going on between his wife and a secret Admira in a cafe.
Speaker 5: Well, there's nothing going on. I wouldn't use the word going on. But she was left a note by somebody else.
Speaker 3: Something happened or not, a note was handled. Does your wife still have this secret note?
Speaker 5: She does. It was placed in Can.
Speaker 3: We agree something has occurred?
Speaker 5: It was put in some sort of what can only be described as a memories box.
Speaker 3: It's a memory and nothing has gone on.
Speaker 5: She just wants to keep I think for the feeling he gave her, rather than actually her walking out on the marriage and having an affair.
Speaker 3: With this something in a special box that you want to sometimes come back to and read and re experience again.
Speaker 4: This should only be you in that box and baby g.
Speaker 5: The story was the other day she was at the cafe on her own, accidentally locked eyes with a stranger. She smiled to say, just because she is that kind of person, a lovely person.
Speaker 4: She is a very very friendly person.
Speaker 5: So smiling.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: At the by the time he left the cafe, he came over and brought a note and it said to the effect like, I don't know if you're smiling at me on purpose, but I would love to ask you. I think you're gorgeous. That sort of thing.
Speaker 4: And that's that's been honest. That's gonna make anyone's day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, God, was she skipped into the house. You wouldn't have wouldn't believe the bounce in her step. Then I could hear her later telling my sister about it.
Speaker 3: And again, nothing's happened, just to remind herself, nothing has happened.
Speaker 5: So the letter now, and you you agitated this because you asked me last night, like I am just out of interest, as if just as if you were going through your paperwork for the end of the show, like I've never found out.
Speaker 3: It's writing up my notes like a doctor the case notes from that day's show.
Speaker 5: Did Bianki keep the secret Admira's letter? And she she goes, oh, yeah, I think I've it's over there somewhere, and then pointed to the box, which I know she keeps a whole lot of collections of memories that she wants to keep for later.
Speaker 4: Okay, Patsy, where are you on this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know how I feel.
Speaker 3: Did you keep the letter?
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I think you would. I think you would.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you keep it?
Speaker 2: Because it's no, it feels almost like it's impeaching on my relationship.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't peachment.
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't feel impeached.
Speaker 3: Maybe some people like to feel impeached. Maybe that's a whole genre of people that like they're peachy people we've had. We had a couple of emails about this yesterday. Hi, Christian, I was listening to the show yesterday I remembered the no I received from anonymous Admira about fifteen years ago, now yesterday when you talk about it chat. The admirer had dated this note to your wife. Yes, okay, and this guy, by the way, didn't know your wife was married, because no, she doesn't wear a ring, but he had dated it. And I thought, this is this is creep behavior because he's laying down like tracks here that in his mind in this fantasist. Mind he's later on recounting the story. And we still have the note. And remember when I dated it as well, because this might be significant, Christian soulds listen to you. And I received a note from anonymous amyra at fifteen years ago. I not ites fifteen years ago because it's also dated top right. I'm a I don't know always put this we're put in bold on his email. It's put I am a male.
Speaker 5: Lovely to know what we were speculating there was heard. Yes, we didn't think as many males would get secret and ma.
Speaker 3: And and that's why he's kind that bit in bold. I thought he's thought he signals to me? Does he is he sending me a note?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 4: In fact, this isn't note.
Speaker 3: He's dated it as well with this email address. What's going on here? I'm a male? The Amira was a female like the GP clinic who slipped me this on her way out dated six of the eleventh eight. This guy's obviously kept these. It's on memory spot, oh eight two thousand and eight, quite a few years back, sir high babe. Soon as I saw you walk through the door, I couldn't stop looking at you you have such an amazing and mesmerizing beauty. I wanted to mention that if you haven't considered in regards to becoming a model, the model is block capitals. You should really consider it, babe. You can make a lot of women happy, and you could also make some money.
Speaker 2: That's really creepy.
Speaker 3: That's too fair, because that's about the physical form. That's going into too much detail of making women happy. And then there's this one here. Back in twenty seventeen, I was a mechanic. We had one customer that was constantly bringing her piece of crap in. Every time we're laying down the story here, aren't we your origin story? Every time we fix something, something else would give out, from oil leagues to electrical to well bearings the visit. It became increasingly frequent leading up to the end of that year. One day I got a phone call, came to the mechanic workshop and was asked for me by name. I go over the phone and there's woman's on the phone. She gys my name is and I'm a good friend of and it was his customer. Immediately asked what's wrong with her car? Now? She said nothing, but she doesn't stop talking about you. I'm calling up to Hopelly get get your number so you two can hook up and have some fun. Imagine it's a lord broad day night. Does this stuff go on? I thought this was only in like sitcoms or movies. I informed her that I was actually married. This was two days before my wedding anniversary. But I was told by the friend that if I changed my mind, her friend could keeper a secret. How many people have brought into that and turns out spoiler, look, they couldn't keep a secret. It really has that ever worked out? I think it's human nature. I shut that down to We never saw that customer ever? Again, didn't she took this piece of crack to another I've found another guy who wasn't so strong. For a little bit of context, I never wore my wedding ring will it were because my first boss as mechanic told me that his old boss once fused his wedding ring right to the bone of his finger by shortening across the electrical system of a car, so instantly what melted and then just became part of his hand. Wow, James, what't end your email? Vers? All right? As always, we love getting your emails Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Last year with my daughter Ruby, my eldest daughter.
Speaker 3: She was in year twelve and I was aware that time was changing and shifting. So I want to do something where we could still hang out together, but it be regular. So she started this pottery course and every day, once a week i'd pick her up in the evening and she was just so relaxed and so happy. I said, God has really given you so much. I'd love to do some of that, which is something completely different. Right, She said, well, this term's coming to an end. Why didn't you join me next time? You know when someone's give invitation. Oh, I don't do that because I don't know how to do it. I look foolish, but I thought, actually, time is going very quickly, I'll enroll. So last year I did three terms of pottery. I was terrible at it, but I loved it. This year, I was thinking the countries to go. I really miss doing something completely out of my comfort zone, which has got nothing to do with work or what I do for a living. Anyway, fast forward yesterday I enrolled on a ten week Beginner's Guide to would work that I start in January, and I am so excited you've done this because you can make something with your hands right. The pottery thing was a new experience for me because a lot of what I do up ideas and writing and stuff like that comes from the head, so I'm kind of disconnected to what it's like to do something physically. Pottery I found really hard at times because I would get back in my head. I wasn't connected to actually doing something physically. It was it was a kind of new and way of being like a conversation I didn't quite.
Speaker 5: Have all the works for, and something that takes your complete focus, especially when you're learning something new like pottery woodworking fast.
Speaker 3: She really like, I guess what mindfulness is where you just have this singular concentration.
Speaker 5: I thought I might have that with golf because I'm learning how to play golf at the moment. But it's kind of the opposite.
Speaker 3: That ain't mindfulness. You have to go and do mindfulness after you've had a golf list and I tried that when I first moved here. I'm retired, relapsed former golf student. I've enrolled on it starts in January. It's ten weeks and I cannot wait. You come with an idea of what you'd like to make, and what you'd like By the end of the ten weeks what you've made is four hours every Thursday. So it's like it's like forty hours yep, this weekend. You know, I've got to go and buy still capped boots. Oh I don't need there working a job, some post it notes or a sharpie on my phone or a CD.
Speaker 4: Still I can't.
Speaker 3: I feel like a proper grown up now in the world, Like, yeah, I need these because I'll be working with wood and.
Speaker 5: Then you've got to scuff them up as well before you start.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So because to start the course does not start until January the twenty for twenty fifth rights, so that's quite wide away. That is one by them this weekend Jack, So I like, oh, these old things, these three years on various bits of wood projects I've been working on, you know.
Speaker 5: And in forty hours you can actually make something quite decent to you won't.
Speaker 3: So I've emailed this, you know, it's his contact.
Speaker 4: I've just enrolled.
Speaker 3: It does say beginners, but you need to understand I've never really made anything with my hands, and I'm fifty.
Speaker 4: I know those beginners.
Speaker 3: But again there must be a subcrass degree where you've seen people like me come in, go bloody hell get away from the lathe. My woodwork teacher said it was a menace. I hope that you're not going to be yelling like that at me.
Speaker 5: You don't need Stelcap boots like steal cap everything.
Speaker 3: You know that in the hurt Locker, he's in that outfit. I'll be like that going here a lathe or whatever.
Speaker 4: What they're using that in the woodshed. So I can't wait.
Speaker 5: So do you just work on one project or do you do do you make many different pieces of furniture project?
Speaker 3: Because it's they take you to a local timber yard and they teach you how to even source bits of sandwaige woods is I cannot tell you right yesterday I was so excited sometimes as a joint just booking something like whether it's a holiday in six months time, knowing you've got it, almost felt like it was already giving me a gift. Just now I'm gonna do something completely different. Plus there be other people on the course, rights you're doing it with people I've never met before at different ages, and I'm really looking forward to just being in there every single week. Anyway, the guy who's going to be teaching me is called Barry Wood, right, and I was looking up on the website and thinking, bloody hell, this is nominative to terminism. He's a wood teacher right then, I'm reading up. He learned the art of woodworking from his dad, David Wood. He's from on a long line of woodsman, all with the surname Would. Now, there's a thing in the world called nominative determinism where they believe that your name, like having the surname, would you try and find work that resembles your surname, You might have worked or know somebody or be someone who is like this. So you got the surname, Would you find out as a kid your surname is Would and Loberhole twenty years later your professional woodwork teacher. The name lends you depict that kind of work. So if this is you or you've known someone like this at work, we want to hear about it today. Can we by nine o'clock this morning go through the entire alphabet whose people's whose names are their jobs and I'm making a two seat bench.
Speaker 4: By the way, Carl a brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O'carls show podcast.
Speaker 3: Soon a new year. I'm studying a ten week beginner's Guide to woodwork. My teacher has the surname Wood. He's from a long line of woodsman. His dad also with the surname Wood. A carpenter, a master carpenter. So is your name related to your job? That's all we want to hear about A nine four one four one o four three. Christian, I am listening to show and Coffs Harbor. We have a great plumber. I use first name Brad, surname plumber, business name mister plumber. Christian. We worked at my school. There was a lady taught cookery called Missus Cook. My old swimming teacher was missus mister Salmon. That's quite.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. There's a lady in our account's department called Irene Billings. That's incredible. You're going to go and work in the account's department, aren't you, Irene Billings?
Speaker 6: Sue, Come on, hi, Christin, I have a letter t for you. My uncle was one William Toombs, and he was an undertaker perfect it's.
Speaker 3: A great one, Tom, what a grass a rare? So yeah, this is it nominally TIF determinism where your name becomes you become your name basically, Well, that's just it.
Speaker 6: He started off working in hardware and he just made his way into the funeral business.
Speaker 4: Led him into the funeral business.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and he was there for a long time. He's just retired. Does it part time every now and then when I need to call him in, But yeah.
Speaker 3: I know when undertakers have a busy day and I don't want to know why, what's happened? A bell? You better bring the old chish and hammer. We have had again today with dead people.
Speaker 5: Undertaker's role what what is ect? I know they work in the funeral home, but what are they doing building the coffee?
Speaker 6: Well he did, He did a full embalming course, I think, and.
Speaker 3: For you it would be a perfect thing for you.
Speaker 2: No, I would not.
Speaker 6: The first funeral company that he went to work for was owned by a little old lady who their company was in two rac and when he went there, she told him he had to change his name because he couldn't have somebody was a name like that. But he kept it and she had yeah, and so he kept it and stayed with the business all the time. And yeah, as I said, it was definitely his niche he started off in hardware and thoroughly loved it because it had a great sense of helping people. And that's I think what they make a.
Speaker 3: Big difference at a funeral in the worst day for people, and that the funeral directors do make a difference. They are a part. Oh yeah, all right, So thanks for your cool mate.
Speaker 6: Sorry, have a good day, Okay, goodbye to sea, Bye Cheryl.
Speaker 3: Hello, hello Cheryl. So you know someone who's their name is their job.
Speaker 10: Yes, my son.
Speaker 6: The name is come to the Sea.
Speaker 11: So it's car the double R.
Speaker 6: And he has tintred with car since he was a teenager. He's now a man, but he's a mechanic and he's always rescuing people by fixing their cars.
Speaker 12: And he was and he was known as Carrie as he grew up in Australia.
Speaker 3: Car name Carma nature. I love this and thank you for thinking that we're so thick that we need to up to the wood cars spelt out a R. Okay, thickies a double R. Sorry car Cary, Hey Gary, come get me. I love that one.
Speaker 4: That's a great one. So are you Cheryl Carr?
Speaker 3: Or was he?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yes I am, and what do you what do you do?
Speaker 6: And I work in retail.
Speaker 13: I'm actually bunning.
Speaker 14: I survived.
Speaker 15: I've survived, yes, savage Bunnings, so yep, but no mind.
Speaker 16: Yes, so I'm not the so you go.
Speaker 3: But the trend all right, Cheryl, thank you very much. Care let's go to dev. Good morning Dad.
Speaker 5: Why did you make it sound also like that bunning is some sort of squid game that you have to.
Speaker 3: Dev Good morning Den, Good morning crew.
Speaker 14: How are we today?
Speaker 3: So nominative to terminism where you basically you pick a job that resembles your name.
Speaker 14: Well, I was working up in council. I worked there as a nerve to have to try effect or. So we had a general surgeon by the name of John Hack.
Speaker 3: That guy is not touching me, John Hack.
Speaker 14: No way, John Hack. And he was the loveliest English gentleman you would ever.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 14: And then there was a local dentist by the name of Darry.
Speaker 5: Cutmore again don't want again.
Speaker 14: Well, I here's the half reason I am terrified of dentist for the rest of my life. And a lovely GP by the name of doctor D spelled d E A T H to what.
Speaker 3: They put a little accent in there, so it's not it's death, not to death what you.
Speaker 14: Can't call him that that Dr D.
Speaker 3: He's call it what you want. How's it written death?
Speaker 5: Coming up on the description.
Speaker 3: Death, we'll see you now on that that little sign they have outside the practice, you can put that accent what you want that says.
Speaker 14: Death exactly right. Yeah, but he was very popular. But strangely enough.
Speaker 3: Death is all right, every thank you very much. You call let's go to Sharon now morning, Sharon.
Speaker 10: M morning, Christian PATTONSI.
Speaker 4: Sharon, what have you got for us?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 10: So I grew up in a really saw country town called taggy At in northern Victoria, and there was a blacksmith there and his name was Dietmar Fleckhammer. So you know you the hammer make the blacksmithy.
Speaker 3: German blacksmith with the name Dietera.
Speaker 10: Fleckhammer, Deetmar Fleckhammer. Yes, he was a legend in ourtown.
Speaker 3: So as a German shot putter from the eighties at the Olympics and nowammer Lodges.
Speaker 10: So mussly because if he was hitting hitting metal with a hammer all day.
Speaker 3: He's working anvil, isn't he all day long? Yeah?
Speaker 10: There you go, and he teaches now, so maybe that's your next course.
Speaker 3: Christians, that big old apron getting in a heart, you know, pleasemmer teach me what you know. Sharon, that's a great call.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, have a good day.
Speaker 17: Good bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 3: Podcast, Christian, my Dad's drum teacher. Missus Basham, Jules, that's amazing. Find out under beef for Basham right now though the lines are open on nine four one four one oh four three. It's time for this week's What the Facts?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, did you know that?
Speaker 3: Hang on?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 3: And I should have been warned?
Speaker 4: We have new production.
Speaker 3: I like it. It's like remember years ago wrap albums in between tracks you just have little skits and sketches. This is interesting or is it fascinating let's find.
Speaker 18: Out or mildly interesting?
Speaker 3: Part two? It is time for this weeks What the Fact played a production?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, did you know that slugs have four noses?
Speaker 3: What the fact? What the facts? What the fat? What am mony?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 11: Fast?
Speaker 3: Fascinating? Didn't reaction instant reaction from the judges Jack Posts.
Speaker 5: I found the production in the little play good. I found the fact itself pouring Patsy instant reaction.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't get over the pitch that Rio just had. Then it just pierced my ear drum.
Speaker 3: All right, So lines are opened now Ye're gone.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I think you should do every week? The FUC should update good idea.
Speaker 3: It's just why as there head of production? All right? So what the fact? Lines are open now? As you come on air, you share your facts. We ever listened to it, and then we work out is it the Holy Girl.
Speaker 18: Fascinating or is it just man mildly interesting?
Speaker 3: Or for the really ones where you hear it and you would never tell another human being because it would stop the conversation stone cold dead. Last week we had a great one from Jamie.
Speaker 8: My fact is that our whole earth, elephants in humans are the only ones who have the faine chins.
Speaker 3: Just hearing that again, it's the fact that he said, of all Earth? Can we put that on our you show mugs out of all Earth? I love that here this again though, it's a it was a beautiful fact. Teacher dropped with us last week Jamie, and it was definitely fascinating.
Speaker 8: My fact is that our whole earth, elephants in humans are the only ones who have defined chins.
Speaker 3: Now, we talked obviously a lot about this because we're trying to work out, well, what is a jaw. It's a jaw, not a chin or a mandible as it's knowing, and we were googling various animals. A lot of you would googling various animals are going, how about there's a dog like, I've got a German shepherd dog, big old, strong jaw in it. Surely that's got one. It's not just humans and elephants we have now Riley from Ballarat Wildlife Park.
Speaker 16: Good hey, Christian Riley here mate, or one of the retail keepers from the Ballart Waloff Park. It's very much divided us keepers here at the park and what's a chin versus what's a mandible? And we actually refer to a lot of animals here at the park of having chins. And funnily enough, the mammal keepers at the park actually say that kwhylas do have chins, mainly because the color of the koala's chin is actually a great indicator of the overall health of the animal.
Speaker 5: So it doesn't really matter what side of the fence you're on for this debate.
Speaker 16: I'm sure we can all agree that koalas have the cutest chins in the entire world.
Speaker 4: We can all agree.
Speaker 1: Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Every week on the show, we on the search for your amazing facts. They could be amazing, fascinating, they could be kind of halfway.
Speaker 18: There, mildly interesting.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're just one four one four three do How do you feel about playing the production here again? Yeah, that's the spirit Jack, always encourage the team.
Speaker 5: Hey, you told me what you really thought of enough?
Speaker 7: Hey, hey, did you know that slugs have four noses?
Speaker 18: What the fact?
Speaker 3: What the fact?
Speaker 5: What the fact about?
Speaker 3: About a good.
Speaker 2: Fat is now fascinating?
Speaker 3: Triple Jake have three younger voices having a laugh on them. We knew it differently, alrighty, what the facts?
Speaker 4: What do we think of this? Sent from Luke?
Speaker 3: Every toad is a frog, but not every frog is a toad. Lord soft Star, Guy soft Star. The word bed is shaped like a bed.
Speaker 5: That is brilliant.
Speaker 3: Only that's just coincidence though, how good the word is bed? It is bed.
Speaker 4: How is that coincidence?
Speaker 5: That's so good?
Speaker 3: Now, obviously this is a sort of a visual one. I'm looking at it here, typed out. It's pleasing ones. You see it is shaped like a bed. The word bed.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but I say fascinating.
Speaker 3: Adrian. You always see your nose, but your brain blocks it out.
Speaker 5: I have heard that, and now sometimes to start looking for it.
Speaker 18: Fascinating or yeah, I reckon middle right mildly interaction.
Speaker 3: Tracy Cat's whiskers grow to the same width as the cat.
Speaker 4: Shut the door.
Speaker 3: Die owning one guinea pig?
Speaker 5: Next, persons called.
Speaker 3: Patsy just die, call up Bill toombs No die here, Diane. Owning one guinea pig. In Switzerland is considered animal abuse as being social creatures. They struggle with loneliness. You have to have more than one. I love that. All right, let's go to the lines. Now we have another die on the line. Nobody died, please, Diana.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Jack and text me here are you well?
Speaker 3: Here? We're fining you. Okay, you're a little bit croaky there you right, Diana.
Speaker 15: No, I'm sine, I've got.
Speaker 3: Bill got life one she ain't make nice my one of.
Speaker 15: My vocal cords is paralyzed.
Speaker 14: It's annoying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fascinating, It is fascinating. It is fascinating. All right. So Diana, what hello, I'm now, you're still here, I'm here, you're there, And what's your fact for us?
Speaker 15: Did you know you can be bitten by a dead snake for a few hours after it died.
Speaker 3: Fascinating?
Speaker 5: What it's like a chicken running around with a ted car?
Speaker 15: I was thinking too. Apparently it's true, and I had a vision of like kids walking along daing, hey, mom is a dead snake, and then chasing after its siblings and then they get bitten.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's quite dark vision, isn't it. I've got more.
Speaker 4: Give it to Tim Burns one of his movies.
Speaker 2: I have heard that being born in the bush. My grandfather used to say, yeah, after he killed a sneak snake, don't go near it can still bite you.
Speaker 5: And I thought it was But how what how does it do it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Blood still circulat and biting reflex, the venom is still Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm sorry. This is fascinating. That is a great one, Dina, that's a pretty one. Thank you very much. You give us a call.
Speaker 15: Thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 3: Bye, Ash, good morning. Hello, there we go more paralyzed course, Ash, good morning and yeah, yeah they were good. Ash.
Speaker 8: What's the fact there's over seven and a half thousand different varieties of apples?
Speaker 1: That is interesting.
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 4: You would have thought that they'd true. You're right, you're right, right.
Speaker 18: But mildly interesting.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that one. As just going to add him here, Adam, what the fact? What you got for it?
Speaker 4: You got a dinosaur one?
Speaker 11: Correct?
Speaker 13: Hey, guys love the show. So my fact is there is a get time gap between when the Stegosaurus lived and the Tyrannosaurus Rex and when the Tyrannosaurus Rex lived and today.
Speaker 5: I have heard that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: I haven't. I've heard the one about Cleopatra and the Ipho. Tell me that way again. I love a dinosaur. Fo break.
Speaker 13: Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex lived further apart than what you and I do today to the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Speaker 3: Wow, I thought they coexisted at the same time.
Speaker 13: No, there's about a I think it's about a seventy million year gap between them, or an eighty million year gap between them, and there's only sixty five million years between us and the two resolutely.
Speaker 3: Sixty Can you say the word only in front of sixty five million? I'm not sure, Adam. That is a great one. I love it.
Speaker 4: Fascinating, Thank you very much. I might cut them off there, Jack.
Speaker 3: Enough of that one, is it? Ryan? Good morning?
Speaker 13: How are you Christian?
Speaker 3: I'm good Ryan? How are you?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Good mate?
Speaker 3: What's your fact for us? Ry? The gold fish have a better memory in cold water than they're doing warm water. Kids, do not try this at home, Okay, don't put them in the spa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably in the hot water. They're just trying to survive. No time to remember things.
Speaker 3: Ryan, that's a great one. Thank you very much. Thank you. Is he getting high or something? It's just a bit too giddy for this time in the morning.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: There, we got a race, how are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good race? What the facts?
Speaker 4: What have you got for us?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 12: We're driving a Bathurst and we had a discussion and humming birds are the only birds that can fly backwards?
Speaker 5: What do you mean you had a discussion about it? Either it's a fact or it's not.
Speaker 11: No, we do. You discussed it as a fact.
Speaker 3: That's pretty interesting, So no other bird can reverse yes, no, yes, no, yeah, no, fascinating.
Speaker 4: I like you about hers fat there.
Speaker 3: Thank you for much Reese that squeezing Ricky now, Ricky.
Speaker 12: Hello, rick Yeah, you going. I've got another whole of the world one for you. Added everything elder birds in the world. The soulful pressed cockatoo is the only one that's left handed.
Speaker 3: I love that left handed.
Speaker 12: Because they're artistic. You see there are and what are they doing?
Speaker 5: What do they do with their left handed left wing? That lets people know?
Speaker 12: So when they're when they're feeding and stuff, when you see them scraunging around, picking things up and doing their thing, they always eat with their left hand or left foot.
Speaker 5: I thought they pecked things off the ground with their beat.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought. I've never seen them use the the wings.
Speaker 3: Or not their wing wing.
Speaker 12: They would fly with their wings, but they eat with their feet, with their feet like toes. Right right, yeah, well left handed, so left footed safety almost gotcha?
Speaker 4: Gotcha? All right, Ricky, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Three weeks time then Curry were going up as we host a play a musical for those people like me who never got a speaking part in your school play.
Speaker 4: It's a do over.
Speaker 3: We're doing our very own version of Greece, and we're calling it Grouse the Musical. This is your idea to actually called it Grouse the Musical, not what you heard.
Speaker 9: It's a very full legal reasons. We're two in the show casting ever Righows who never got a row with much speaking.
Speaker 3: So it's three weeks time. We're going to start giving away parts tomorrow. But today, I think the most important thing is you think about a great movie, right, you think about one of the great action director Steven Spielberg inductually all of his movies. When I was growing up in the eighties, he always had the big scene. Even in Indiana Jones Now he changed movies because normally they spend all the production budget on the big wow scene. It happens towards the end of the movie. He changed everything. When that big rolling Stone, it opens with that we need something where when the curtain comes up, because everyone's going, oh, look it's amateurs.
Speaker 4: They haven't had a lot of time to rehearse.
Speaker 3: When the curtain goes up, suddenly you hear an audible oh, and then sort of conversation how do they, But there's a roof for the crane, intrigue, drama action. We need the wow factor. Now I don't know what it is. We need your help. So let's just set the scene for you. So this is gonna be set eighties, it's Australia. What could be on stage or what could come on stage that gets the audible? What is the Indiana Jones rolling boulder?
Speaker 5: Yea, we had there's a few ideas flying around. Could we get the actual whatever is going to be the grease lightning car? Can we drive it up onto the stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So whether that's a Holden Commodore or a Taranta, so an actual greased Tarana.
Speaker 5: I still love your idea for a beach scene where we bring in a ton of sand.
Speaker 3: Of sand, a ton of sand thinking it now people, because it's a straight up there's plenty of sand around other than we are going to go some sand from down the road or.
Speaker 5: Oh I didn't think of us all sand all over the stages, Like who is the poor mastard who has to clean that out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But I still like the beach sayne idea.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's get out of here.
Speaker 3: They've got a gastro breakout and there's been a lot of kiddy vomit.
Speaker 5: So, but it needs a wow fact. We had one for a high school musical we did. It was called How the West Was Warped. It was a Western and there's not a lot to get excited about for a high school play, especially public school. But we had one wow moment and that was the wax glass bottle. The teacher had four made. It looked like a real wine bottle, so Hollywood, fake glass, fake glass made of wax. And as the main character hit it over another actor's head, the av guy would play a glass smashing sound effect that.
Speaker 3: It's a stunt. Yes, this is what we need. So we need we need a wow factor. So so if you think about eighties Australian, is it a bogan thing? Are there three jet skis? Not one? Not too one would have been great? Hangund or is there five jet skis?
Speaker 5: So maybe we don't just need the sand for the beach, we need the ocean.
Speaker 3: The t birds suddenly open, they're on jet skis. We we open con goes up the t Birds They're all on jet skis.
Speaker 5: They're singing yes and riding towards the audience like they're facing us.
Speaker 3: How are they? How are they riding on.
Speaker 4: Skateboards?
Speaker 3: Jet skis?
Speaker 4: I'm getting a wow.
Speaker 3: There's a jet ski on a skateboard and then ostage handles are pulling them in.
Speaker 5: Okay, so they go across the stage.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's all just working, Brocus at the moment. Tell you what, though, we have not got that much time. Have three time it's going to go really but we need we need the wow factor. Okay, so we need your ideas. What could be a wow factor's eighties? It's Australia.
Speaker 5: A koala, just a live koala.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with a hand. We're obviously safety done.
Speaker 5: But according to what are you doing there?
Speaker 3: Well, you know it's like he's singing many Villiny made a career out of him. Mate, a horse.
Speaker 4: Kala is a wow factor.
Speaker 5: At this stage, all ideas a go on the whiteboard.
Speaker 3: So k out there, ton of sand, ton of.
Speaker 5: Said jet skis pulled on skateboard.
Speaker 3: Times five five jet skis? Okay, what else? What's the wow factor?
Speaker 1: Carl Brager, you're listening to the Christian Okyl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: In three weeks time, there we are putting on a play for everybody who never got a speaking part in their school play, doing a very own version of Greece re calling it Grouse the musical setting the eighties here in Australia.
Speaker 9: Not what you heard. It's a very full legal reasons. We're to wear the show casting average.
Speaker 5: Oh you'll never go.
Speaker 3: King. We're going to start giving away the past tomorrow on the show today. There we're going. Blue Sky Thinking is what they call it. What is the big moment? The wow factor that happens during this play? Something happens during it or maybe at the start when the curtain's got there's something there. The wow facts are where everyone in the crowd goes, how did they do?
Speaker 5: There was a great one in Harry Potter and The Curse Child. For anyone who's seen it, when they turned the lights down you'll know what I'm talking about before the end of the first act.
Speaker 3: Great, that really helps.
Speaker 5: I don't want.
Speaker 4: Five geeks have gone to see that, didn't you?
Speaker 3: She left off? Probably?
Speaker 2: I can't remember. They all run into one another, is that many of them?
Speaker 3: Okay? Christian? The play Blue Sky, Blue Sky Thinking a little bit?
Speaker 4: Great there it's raining guys.
Speaker 3: All right, Deborah, what about out the tea birds? Riding monkey bites in a circle on the stage.
Speaker 4: Debbie, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Is this a wow factor? Curtains open up? Picture this on stage? A panel van with a landscape painted on it.
Speaker 2: Were just a sand man then would be cool with the backup sitting in the back of it.
Speaker 5: Yes, getting a vent on stage cool. But yeah you're not going wow nothing cool stage. That's not Harry Potters.
Speaker 3: They turn the lights down, big budget scene. The Macas ice cream machine is working. Why is that thing always bus cab a Macas? Mend it? Christian get older, Riley back from baller out Wildlife Park. What could be more amazing than kangaroos bouncing across the stage as the curtain goes up.
Speaker 4: Dozens of them. You're welcome, Karen, I.
Speaker 5: Love that straight away. We know where in Australia We're not ride out high anymore?
Speaker 3: Bouncing out where we are in Melbourne? Down the road on the freeway they're on the fume. Then we need wranglers all right, Blue Sky thinking everybody, what is the world factor?
Speaker 4: Terse, what do you think we should have on stage?
Speaker 11: Oh my god, Christian, do you know any bogans?
Speaker 10: Pat's Jack?
Speaker 14: Good morning?
Speaker 3: How are you all good morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Patsy, well yeah, nobody. Nobody had jet skis in the eighties.
Speaker 14: Mate, come on now, this is this is my idea.
Speaker 6: Sky on wheels with six packs and they come in sitting on them.
Speaker 3: I've seen these these powered eskis. They look great.
Speaker 10: Yes, and I can have thee light shirts on.
Speaker 15: That is eighties.
Speaker 3: You're right of them zooting around the stage. The script writers never said that word out.
Speaker 10: On it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, zooting around the stage and we start with actions. Yeah all right, if anyone's listening, because you do see people right who have these motorized eskis. Does anyone listening know anyone who's got one that we can borrow for the night on nine four one four one o four three terrest. This is a solid gold idea. Thank you perfect. Is that Harry Potter right?
Speaker 5: You know he was.
Speaker 11: Rob Yes?
Speaker 3: Mate, Okay, what is the world character Morning Rock, Welcome to.
Speaker 11: I think I was thinking instead of the t birds, you call them the barbie birds. So they're all standing around a big barbecue and next minute you have big flames leap out of the top of it.
Speaker 3: There is yeah, wow, that would be a wealth factors people flee fire in a school.
Speaker 5: Everybody on the back of the.
Speaker 3: Slow get away where the fire escapes, no one run. That is the well factor, though memorable, it's very memorable. Yeah, okay, Rob, thank you, Darren, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah good, We're just chance to Paramania there, according Darren, what have you got for us? What's the wow factor?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 12: The eighties, Christian. I looked down and saw some scars in that and thought, yes, it's got to be BMX.
Speaker 13: I thought it was all over the eighties.
Speaker 12: Maybe a lovely jump there, some mullets flowing in the windows. They go over the top.
Speaker 3: Yes, Sid Nicole Kidman wants to come back. Reprise of character in BMX bandits.
Speaker 11: Hits the whole crew there.
Speaker 5: Well, what do you make the jump out of? Maybe we can use the sand to make.
Speaker 3: The jump hit the big sand, not evil and evil? How many skis can you jump over the land in the sand.
Speaker 5: Through the flaming barbecue?
Speaker 3: We're all bringing it together.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: I'm starting to make a list of things that my mum says that she's using the old terms for she Last night she was around at our place and she calls the TV remote still the channel changer, and she calls ABC channel two. The other one was she still calls Woolworths sometimes a Safeway because it used to like Safeway before it was brought out by Woolworths. So I wanted to know if you guys have any of those like old worldy terms that you're still using that aren't the appropriate.
Speaker 3: You still called it what it used to be known, but you know there's new language now it's known by something else.
Speaker 4: Humus have some of these patsy Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my folks call movies pictures. We're going to the pictures and they say to see a film, and they still yeah.
Speaker 3: The picture house.
Speaker 4: You see some old cinemas.
Speaker 3: There was one in Sorrento sounded think it's shut down now, but it used to actually sat out the front. I think it was the Peninsula Picture House and were that must be very old calling it. Let's go to the moving pictures, the talkies.
Speaker 2: And the second one they've got is they still call it the wireless. Our daughter's on the wireless, not the radio. They still call it come on they do.
Speaker 4: Seriously, No one's still going with that.
Speaker 3: They do the radio.
Speaker 2: Nope, they call it the wireless.
Speaker 3: But you said them in the eighties. But that's they're not like eight Why this has not been around? Says what early nineteen hundreds?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show podcasts.
Speaker 3: You still call it old words for new things. I just really that's every day. I still call my headphones. I still will refuse to call my headphones. They've cat them cans. When I first started Ready twenty five years ago, they were called cans. These will always be cans to me. I will never go to headphones, Christian. My mum still calls a pen of biro. My mom does that if you got a bar anyway I go, this is a sharpie. Thank you for the biron, Eddie. I still call Spence, still called it Spencer Street Station instead of Southern Cross. I still call Cole's New World.
Speaker 5: I don't even remember you.
Speaker 3: That's going back a couple of generations there. I still call pants slacks from Larry Christian. My dad still calls it the State Bank, not the Commonwealth. These are great kind the Cooming No. Four one four one O four three Joe Coome morning Yan. All right, Joe, you still call it what's it for you? Myself?
Speaker 10: And my husband still come in when the lights are rather say, turned the big light off.
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: I still do that? Yeah, we got one in the kitchen right that I find too bright. Noise goes to myfe Turn the big light off.
Speaker 5: When did it become the big light.
Speaker 3: Because it's too big. It's the overhead one. It's got all that power. You're not the mcg floodlights to me in the kitchen so that can operate the theater. Turn the big light off. Yes, I did that as well, Joe. I get it all right, Joe, have a nice day. Thanks. The Cooler Show by Katrina Hello, Hello Katrina. What do you still call it?
Speaker 15: I cannot call Western borders anything other than foots gray.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I know quite a few people still still call them foots gray. Yeah. It's interesting, isn't it.
Speaker 14: It just makes no sense. It takes too much time to say Western.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you can't just say Western. That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: You have to say first grade. Still feels it sounds it sounds more pleasing to say than Western bulldogs.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I just think now it's you know, it's still national. All those people get confused and still.
Speaker 11: In I think West Bulldogs is over in the West Power of Australia.
Speaker 4: Gotcha all right, Katrina, Thanks you call Kerry?
Speaker 3: Good morning. What do you still call it? Carrie?
Speaker 15: I still call a facewasher.
Speaker 10: Have you heard that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's always going to be It's always a flannel. It's never not going to be a flannel.
Speaker 14: Yeah, the flannel, flannel all the way.
Speaker 3: We even have a little basket, the flannel basket for my wife and I. Kerry, thank you very yet it is nice, Kerry, thank you. It must be nice to be like you. Yeah, you can whole baskets living in a spa. Emma, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 15: How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm good, Emma, welcome to the show. What do you still call it?
Speaker 10: It's my partner.
Speaker 15: He is forty eight years old and he still calls a radio a wireless. Well, he's always called it a wireless.
Speaker 3: Maybe we need to bring about the world. I do love the word wine.
Speaker 5: To me, it sounds like old timing, almost like you've got more code, like.
Speaker 3: It says from the War for Ugus Winston Churchill, we will fight the Germans on the beaches.
Speaker 15: I can understand if he was an old person, but have said he's only well, relatively young still, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is so young, fifties even younger, you know, Emma, thank you very much, you could. I have a good day you guys.
Speaker 11: Bye.
Speaker 4: Let's god of mail now mail? What do you still call it?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 17: Christian, this is this is a bit funny. But I've got two teenage boys. And when it gets a bit cold and bitterly outside, I'd say, go, Gregg, your Parker's and they're like what So instead of the saying coats, I still sometimes say parker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still use word Parker's. Or zip ups. It's going to ye take a zip up up. They went that all jackets, most jacks have a zip going to need don't argue, young lady, Okay, I still know about it. You're gonna need to zip up out there. That's going to change.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 17: And then when it gets warm, I'd say, go graby swimmers and then they're like what.
Speaker 5: My mom and dad both of you swimmers? Still do they?
Speaker 2: What do you call them? Dogs?
Speaker 3: Ba was on the New Wave people the bathers are coming down the beach all right now, that's too great ones, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're about to get into today's time waste. So thank you very much for still sending in your You still call it Christian Marble Stadium, but had to me, uh, that's not John. I think a lot of people still do that. When mum wants me to send her screenshots, she still says photos, that's it, and then send it through to me. Oh hi, that's some Emma Surrey Hills. Christian I still call Woody's Safeway. Don't care about the rebounding. That's some Richard. You stick it to the man. Hey, all right, So to dow on the Timewaiy state, you can win a great streaming service free three year loads of brilliant shows, documentaries, TV shows and movies small over the world, Stan if you won a brilliant comedy show one of the funniest ones we all enjoyed the whole family of last couple years. It has been hacks both seasons up there, one loads of Emmy Award term for a reason.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 3: There's a brilliant British crime show that's got six seasons up there called Line of Duty. If you go on Rotten Tomato, it's a solid one hundred percent for a reason one of the best cop shows to tect your shows ever, really really good. And I know we're talking about a lot at the moment. Greece. You want to watch something make your laugh mate, you feel some of the over the weekend.
Speaker 4: You can stream on stand Grease.
Speaker 5: You know. I was talking about the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack yesterday. I've never actually seen the movie.
Speaker 3: You'd love it.
Speaker 5: It's people online are loving it because I was listening to it on YouTube and then reading the comments of how much people love the film, and I thought, what streaming services Last of the Mohicans on lo and behold, Stanley's looking after us again. So I'll be watching it this weekend.
Speaker 3: All right, you can win it for the best in show. Today. We are looking for your Aussie songs, so imagine theres a festival oz Fest.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm imagining it.
Speaker 3: What songs are we hearing? Jack, I'll tell you what we're hearing, Joe, how's Kroc? Wait? Oh?
Speaker 5: No, I've done it. I've done make a band Australia.
Speaker 3: A song? Okay? Everyone like play Joel House Crock Okay, both go, we do both.
Speaker 4: I've got ute under my skin.
Speaker 5: That's gold.
Speaker 3: Let's koala the way. So let's go all the way. Let's koalaway. Bronze Kangaroo, Feel the love tonight, Kangaroo, feel the love tonight. Silver plus Heaven is a place on Perth cold and Billy Idol's up there. That's the way he's doing. Vegu my wedding, My wedding, might wedding. Yeah, all right, Jack your boy songs all Bandslain what is the band is singing a song?
Speaker 5: Fad in can Park.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's very good, Gold.
Speaker 5: Counting Russell Crows very good.
Speaker 3: Also gold mate Bush, Yeah, that's very good. Silver and you two all right? Texas shawstn Ossie leicesterest do bands two bands, otherwise it's going to get confusing. Ossie bands best Dossie bands get stamped free for a year. Texting your Aussie bands, Make your band Australian. Oh four seven five three one O four three we'll mark them in five minutes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Make your Band Australian.
Speaker 3: We're looking for your Aussie bands. Best in show wins Stand streaming service stand free for a year. Give you time to finish making that note, reminding yourself well done, All right, Hey, let's get into them Ossie bands. The Vb's Gold, Josh Bogan Gold, that's so good, Mandy's got Hills Hoist, Hoods Silva, Luciano Pavlova Gold, Australian Brawl Bronze, Dingley Village People, Old Friends, Shout out to our old friends, Dingley Village Gold, Bilby Ocean Silva, VB fourty, Silva Zinc gold'm Rachel Faith Hills Hoist, Faith Hills Hoist Silver Puff that's from Mark, Crowded Grouse Silver Puff, Crowded Opera House Silver, mash Box four and twenty Pies Gold, that's more like it, Pets Mate Tallika Gold very good. Didn't put your name on that five Double seven Fleetwood, Macha Silva and Bogan and the Toadfish Silva. All right, who's best in the show. Who's getting stand free for a You?
Speaker 5: You're Rachel. You've won stand for a year for Zink.
Speaker 1: One The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, as we head into Friday's show tomorrow. On tomorrow's show, then we'd love to have we're talking about this musical that we're going to be hosting in three weeks time. We're going to start giving away parts tomorrow. Our version of de Gree set in the eighties here in Australia called Grouse the Musical. We're building it with you guys. Even the name calling it Grouse the Musical has come from you guys. Today we were talking about what could be the wow factor when the curtain goes up. What's something that big thing you think about? Indiana Jones right at the beginning, Indiana Jones, the rolling ball. What does this play? What does Grouse the Musical have that gets everyone going?
Speaker 5: Motorized eskis, well, I still love that, love the BMX jump. Yeah, not sure about the barbecue lighting itself fire.
Speaker 3: And a school theater. But if anyone knows anyone who has one of these motorized skis, we'd love to borrow a few for three weeks time. Also on tomorrow's show, and then today we were trying to see we go through the alphabet A through to the letter Z, ticking off all the letters of the alphabet. Your name is your job. It's called nominative determinism, where because you've got a certain surname, you try and find work subconsciously that resembles your name. It's a thing I was starting in January. I'm starting a ten week beginner's guide to woodwork. The guy teaching me Barry. Surname would Jackie Boy. What have we found so far?
Speaker 5: Here's some of the other ones we had this morning. The drum teacher who was Missus Basham, the mechanic who is Daniel Carr, the gp Dr Death Dr Dr pronounced spelled doctor death pronounced Yeah. We have the surgeon, doctor Hack, the plumber plumber, the undertaker Will Tooms, and of course your woodworking teacher Barry would okay.
Speaker 3: If you got any more, email me today Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Back tomorrow Christian o'connells Show Podcast