Speaker 1: Our legends.
Speaker 2: I am back in Australia after an absolute whirlwind of a time in the offseason. I've been gallivanting all over the world. I've got boots on the ground here in Australia and today we've got the catch up. We've got the World Top, Yes, the World Cut. There's so much going on over there in Qatar with all the different teams all playing over there. We've got Pete Davidson. We've got Pete Davidson in This Morning, which I know everyone loves. We've got the news stories with a bit of Brusie Lee. We also have AFLW Grandfather. There's plenty going on in this episode. Really sorry for you all to listen in. But without further ado, here is the man, the myth, the legend that is Brandon Cox.
Speaker 3: Well. Look who finally decides to show up just gallivanting around the world.
Speaker 1: Dude, what do you get?
Speaker 3: Ten weeks? Ten weeks?
Speaker 1: We got plenty.
Speaker 2: I think it's about two months, so I've made the most of it. I think I've got probably like twenty to twenty five flights I've probably done in the last two months, so of Gallan vanted. As I said, all around the world. And I've just recently come back from a place up in Northern Territory called Groot Island, which is one of the last frontiers, I feel like, of the world that hasn't really been excursioned by the western western world yet. But amazing time getting out on the land, getting to be able to see some of the amazing sights.
Speaker 1: Over there, and catching a few fish along the way.
Speaker 3: Also, well, how is the weather up there, because I've been given you updates, but since you've been back, I don't know whether the sun just shines out of your ears, but it's been blue blue since you've been back.
Speaker 2: You've been complaining about this why this whole time? And I'm telling you, I went up to Northern Territories about forty degrees up there, humid, hot, crazy, just sweating twenty four to seven in the sign. And I come down here and it's like perfect beautiful, just like a twenty five degree day, beautiful sign. And I don't know, I just don't understand what you've been complaining about this whole time. It's been absolutely beautiful down here in Melbourne since I've gotten back, and I can't really complain.
Speaker 1: It's been awesome. It's been an amazing day.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to blow my own trumpet. Is that the same blow toot your own horn?
Speaker 1: Toot your own horn?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want toot my own horn, but I will. Why you've been gone? I was noticed for the first time. Uge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got someone that's noticed Braiden from the pot.
Speaker 3: And of all spots, it was at the BWS the bottleo ah, you're a local.
Speaker 1: You're a local.
Speaker 3: They yeah. It wasn't like a great It was like, are you Braiden from the Mason Cock Show. I was like, yeah, that's me. And then they're like, oh man, what's Mason? Like, I can't believe you get to work with Mason? How cool was he?
Speaker 4: What was he? Like?
Speaker 5: Whoa?
Speaker 3: He's so tall and you're like, yeah cool, just give me my beer.
Speaker 2: Beer, let me move on. So it's the cashier. Yeah, there's the cash here. Yeah, okay, unreal. Well we have ticked the box. We've finally done it. Braiden has been recognized out on the streets of Melbourne for being on the Mason coxspile. I think it's a sign we're blowing up. Things are gone well, things have gone well. And it's exciting to be back. We've got some proper audio quality and video quality now that I'm back in the van with you face to face, and I'm really excited for what's to come in this in this all chat we've got Obviously, a Walk Cup is one of the big things I'm really looking forward to. It's a massive deal in the in the at the moment and everything going on, and there's so many controversies that are going around with guitar and everything else happened, mate, so we'll jump straight into it.
Speaker 1: What do you got for us right now? As far as the World Cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if you've seen it, but there was a pitch invader in the Portugal Uruguay match and everyone's kind of I guess they've been waiting for a pitch invader just to see what happens. And this guy. You normally you see these guys or girls at the big world events and they're out there spooking their course. We know kind of how risky it is to be a pitch invader and quitar. So he was, you know, spreading the word of multiple things. He didn't want to just jump out there and you know, protest one. So he jumped out there. He's got the Save Ukraine on the front, he's holding the rainbow flag double and I think he's got like respect Iranian women on the back.
Speaker 1: So he's tripled down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's touched on a lot of basses there, so you know, respect to him.
Speaker 1: That's ballsy, especially in that place going on.
Speaker 2: You don't know if you heard the armbands with the armbands were essentially FIFA told them they wouldn't allow it because they'd start giving yellow cards and start ejecting players if they wore it, which is insane to think beyond belief. But this man, do you all three at once? Pitch invader? It's always bound to happen. Always big, big game. There's always some pitch invader trying to you know, make a cause, all that kind of stuff. So it's got tripling down. Is it's a statement to say the least?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: I think everyone's looking at him thinking, you know, good on you, good brave actm you know, but.
Speaker 1: Anyone hurt from this man sense, that's the big question.
Speaker 3: I wanted to look up to see, you know, the end result, to be like what happened, But it's you know, I think the lack of an end result or the silence on it is a bit more concerning than figuring out that finding out that he's gone to jail for X amount of years, it just says like he's probably going to go to jail. I couldn't find anything that was you know, concrete on.
Speaker 1: It, so it's like it's Russia involved.
Speaker 3: Just I think it's more concerning to me that it's just like we don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I'll be interesting to know what the jail time is because it has been a very hot topic as far as Katar. Everything that's going on. The protester is not allowed. I mean even before they'd banned the beer at the games two days or three days out and Budwiser's gone, hey, we've stockpiled heaps of beer out here and it's like just random storage facility out here, and whoever wins the World Cup have at it.
Speaker 1: It's all yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think if I was going to jump the fence and protest something, it would be the lack of beer in stadiums. Yeah, I don't know. Budwise are put out a tweet and then they deleted it because they said Oh this is awkward, but yeah, surely being the major and the player of the match gets the Budweiser Player of the Match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a whole like advertisings around, like you know, the edge of the field and anything else. You're going, well, why can't you actually have beer at the field, but you're going to advertise the hell out of it all around on TV and on the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I don't know if they're getting their money's worth there. And yeah, so it was twenty two dollars for a cup of beer.
Speaker 1: Twenty two dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then so if you get a tray of four beers, which you know that that's not going to do much damage, well it depends, but yes, do damage to your wallet because it costs eighty eight bucks for a tray of four beers. Yes, I don't know. I don't know. There's plenty of reasons not to go to Kata to watch the World Cup, and I think the lack of beer gat what is I think you'd have an epiphany sitting there being like sports actually pretty shit.
Speaker 2: No one has scored this whole time. And I didn't even have a beer because I couldn't afford it. And it couldn't even enjoy the atmosphere with a few drinks in hand.
Speaker 3: Talking about the World Cup, it had me sitting there pondering. Obviously a lot of countries in the World Cup being the world's game. I was thinking, the most famous people in most of like countries in the world would probably be athletes, right Like, so I was thinking out of every country, if you went through every country, who is the most famous person from that country, So like, for example, one off the top Canada.
Speaker 1: Ryan Gosling, Justin Bieber, of course, Justin.
Speaker 3: Bieber, I'd say, Justin Bieber. All right, So let's do like Australia, because it would be good to see who, you think, because originally it was probably like frum Jack Dundee or something.
Speaker 2: Hugh Jackman, Crocodile. Now it was Steve Irwin. It was Steve Verwe before rip yeah, pros up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was the person that like epitomized Australia and he always going to like the Jimmy Fallons and stuff like that. So he was really the image of Australia. And I think that's probably why Americans have this idea that everything kills you in Australia, because every single time he brought an animal onto one of those shows to show the whole like American audience, it definitely would kill you. It was like a crocodile or was some kind of snake that was gonna bite you and you die within ten minutes. It was some kind of like sting right, whatever it was, you know, that just was like gonna kill you no matter what. And then everyone got the image that, oh, well, Steve Irwin, all he deals with He's Australian and all he deals is deadly animals. Everything over there just must kill you. And people are stupid enough to go get chasing after crocs just trying to like start a zoo where you just centually have a play pit of just crocodiles. You're using that Australia zoo whatever is up there.
Speaker 3: I think he was a good representation of us, like we would definitely like take that. You go like, oh yeah, that's what we're all like back here, and like it's impressive.
Speaker 1: I was thinking one of the greatest hype men, Yeah, Steve, one of the greatest hype men.
Speaker 3: Who is America's And I like, I think the United States is a real complex one because I think off the top of the dome if you think history is taught everywhere. So are you thinking like a George Washington or something, or like an Abraham Lincoln Abraham, or are you thinking someone like, you know, just like a famous rapper or something or someone Donald Trump's probably Trump.
Speaker 1: He is up there there.
Speaker 2: He's had a lot, He's had a few media gigs over the last few years, Beyonce. I think entertainers massive up there. Athletes obviously, and then you got politicians that run the country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you got to think globally, not just the Western world. So it's like, what is who would be big enough to be known through like Asia, which is like when it comes to Australia, like someone like a Don Bradman, although not big in like the States or something. The States are tiny compared to like India and China and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, we just hit eight billion people in the world. Yeah, that's pretty intense. Eight billion. Two of us, right, Yeah, two of us not recreating anytime soon. I'll tell you that, not between the two of us, either all of us either one of us. But yeah, I think, yeah, it's the politicians, it's the entertainers into the athletes, to the top three, I'd say, so I could probably go to the Lebron, the Trumpies and maybe the Beyonce or Hey, Christmas is around the corner. I think it might be Mariah Carey. I mean, in all honesty, let's be honest. It's the most famous song around this time of year, and you cannot stuck going to any supermarket at any shop without hearing personal.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, so I'll read out a couple more because I have Uh, I have a couple written down, and it gets a bit sketchy because I would say Austria, pretty big one, Arnold Schwartzenegger.
Speaker 1: All right, i'd say sound of music.
Speaker 3: But yes, sound of music is not a person.
Speaker 2: Other people on the side of music. If I saw a lady walking down a street, I would recognize him, but.
Speaker 3: Uh, Adolf Hitler's from Austria, pretty well known.
Speaker 1: Pretty well known. But it's like I don't want to be known for that?
Speaker 3: Is that a yeah? So maybe you probably don't want to know. You probably stick with Arnie there if you had.
Speaker 1: A politically correctness, yes, we'll stick with Arnie.
Speaker 3: What else do we have? Iraq Saddam who said.
Speaker 1: Real dark we're going here South Africa, Nelson Mandela, Egypt, uh, one of the egypt would be like, what's her name?
Speaker 2: Clear Pe Petra, Yeah, I'll take Cleo Petra France, France, Ti Henri, I knew you were thinking it. Yeah, yeah, on ow of the Greats, one of the greats. Napoleon, Ah, Napoleon, Yes, Netherlands Van got Okay, we could keep doing this for but that was a little thought of mine. The most famous people in the world per country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know if we got something wrong. I feel like Australia, like Steve Owen's pretty up there.
Speaker 2: Steve Owens, Steve Irwin and Logan Paul and what's his name? What's the guy's name that did crocodile dundee? Paul Hogan, Paul.
Speaker 1: Hogan, Logan Paul, Oh my close enough?
Speaker 2: Well talking about famous people, mate, we'll go into the water cool chat because.
Speaker 1: There's someone right now that I have to talk about. This man is just ruling this world.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, for two guys single that can't find a female to save our lives. This man has had so many females thrown at him. I don't know what he knows what to do that. He is the man, the myth, the legend, the goats of dating. Pete Davidson now Pete Davidson recently has been seen at Madison Square Garden, which is the place to release to the media that you are dating someone. Courtside, you go and sit courtside the next game wherever it is. It is the way to the media to say, yo, we are official.
Speaker 3: And Pete david wait, did you go to Madison Square gutten while you.
Speaker 1: Were Yep, I did. That's not for you to know, right, don't worry about that.
Speaker 3: But I was there.
Speaker 2: I was at a hockey game, totally different, but at a next game courtside center court. We've got Pete Davidson and I'm going to butcher this name. But Emily rota Jowski next to him might be misspelled, mispronounced, but she is a model. She's a beautiful lady. But I must ask us Pete Davidson. He just I don't know what this man does. He needs to write a book, he needs to start a podcast how to get girls, or whatever it might be. Because this man is an absolute legend. He's gone through Let's let's go through some of the people he's dad. He's got Ariana, Ariana Grande, oh beautiful, Kate Beckham Sale, Kim Kardashian obviously the big one.
Speaker 1: We all know.
Speaker 2: Kim Kay and him had a little bit of thing after they went on SNL together, had a little smoochy smooch on on television and then they started dating after. And my biggest question now is the Kardashians right. Well, know, whenever you dated Kardashian, things don't really go well. After we talked about Kanye, you know, we talk about others, the whole name, any other Australians, but talk about some people updated Kardashians, and things aren't going so well. Do we think Pete maybe reached his pinnacle with Kim or do we think he's just going to keep doing this and he's going to essentially date every hot female out there.
Speaker 3: I think he's doing okay if you've got to settle with Emily Retigica Kostiki.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it pronounced perfectly. I think you're doing ok sounds like a tennis player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll take that. No, I think he's doing well, and I think I think I know why he's doing so well, But I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Can we say it on the podcast, and we can always take it out.
Speaker 3: Maybe you just have a massive.
Speaker 1: Every I need to cut that out. I'll maybe just beep it up, Brandon. I think people will put two and two together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think. I don't know. I thought that was well.
Speaker 1: Known personality, great personality.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say lanky guys, but you're a lanky guy, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's still not it's still not working right.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Well, there's one thing interesting about this, right, And I want to kind of dive into this a bit, and I have to ask this question. But Pet and this lady's ex husband, Sebastian Barr McCard used to hang out with each other and used to be friends. I've seen in the Madison Square Garden game together and we've talked about a previously on the podcast. We've talked about you know, what is the broke code. And essentially he's now dating someone his friend's ex wife, which is I think a bit weird, Like I mean like dating someone yet different, but like actually married to someone. Maybe that's another level and step that I wouldn't be comfortable with. And I got to ask you this, Braden, if you dated someone correct for four years they're made for four years. He dated someone for four years, would you be okay with me dating them after?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh, I mean yeah, you could probably have my seconds.
Speaker 5: All right, okay, Yeah, yeah, uh no, I think it wouldn't weird at all. Uh yeah, I'd find it strange because you want me to ask permission? Correct, Yeah, yeah, for sure, because you can't just rock up together, like what are you doing here.
Speaker 1: My friend?
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean I don't know what she sees in you.
Speaker 1: Let's say that's a fair call. It's a fair call.
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, I get it over there. I mean, he's got it all. Maybe no hide, I don't have hide, but.
Speaker 1: That's all I've got. I'm literally just hanging my hat on that. Yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 3: It's just so weird. I feel like there's a there's eight billion people in the world, go pick someone else. But saying that, yeah, I think if maybe, if Pete Davidson and he's his massive Davidson see in my exits, maybe then.
Speaker 1: I'd happy to take Pete Davidson's soppy seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah. After Pete Davidson's been there, jeez, you got a lot to live up.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, oh gosh, Okay, we'll move on. We'll move on from the deadly man that is Pete Davidson. We'll go into one of the favorite topics, the news chat and the news story. Mate lead us off, what do you got for us?
Speaker 3: Well, this one, I don't know. It's pretty cut and dry. This one's a bad one. You can't be doing it.
Speaker 1: It's just got back. We're really just pushing the envelope. Now.
Speaker 3: After a renegade nurse chops off a man's foot, state finds a heap of system failures, like a heap of them. So I feel like this is a good idea poor execution. Yeah, I mean some people have it. Good idea, poor execution. The nurse wanted to get a stuffed foot, like an amputated foot, stuff it and scare children with it by saying like, this is why we wear socks and shoes in the winter when it's snowing. You don't want to get frostbite. So there was a man who'd been placed in a nursing home after he fell over with the heat turned off, which led to him getting frostbite in his foot, and it went all you know, when it goes.
Speaker 1: All black, mister Deeds scenario yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this bloke he's in the home with with the frozen foot, but no one kind of agrees to go to surgery. This nurse just goes like, that doesn't look great, kind of want the foot to scare kids. So when he falls out of bed and his foots in real bad areas, she decides, without any training or anything, to cut it off. Cuts off what cuts off the bloke's foot. So obviously that's not great because he was still sound of mind, so he didn't consent to the surgery, but she was like.
Speaker 1: Feel it, suse frost fight, yeah, frost fight.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So maybe he's just sitting there sleeping, he wakes up and he's got one foot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah. The nurse's name Mary Brown, thirty eight from Durn. She's been since charged with two felony counts of elder abuse in connection with the illegal amputation. So I think the idea is there. You want to scare kids away from getting frostbite in their feet. You want to give them messaging saying where your socks, wear your shoes when you're outside in the snow. Maybe don't chop off someone's foot and stuff it and chuck it on the shelf for your example. Maybe there's other ways, like maybe a nice graphic or.
Speaker 2: Surely, I mean we've got three D printers and everything else nowadays. Surely who could just print while it is off? We don't need an actually amputated foot. I mean, how long is that going to last? That's like two days before thinks are going to be absolutely stinking up the whole room. It's going to be like, this is the most disgusting thing I've ever smelt in my life. You can't carry that hospital.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't imagine. It's great all round, But idea was there? Creative? Maybe just Mary, if you if you're listening of the pod, maybe just ask someone I don't get some feedback before you just go and do something.
Speaker 1: You might need to sign off something to be able to take someone's foot for a bit of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a The article went on and it was like you have to be eighteen plus to read like the gruesome detail because I didn't really want to get down into the few those websites. I didn't want to get into it that far. But yeah, now thinking about it, I wonder how she chopped it off. I guess we'll never know, but moving into this one. This one's really interesting for any Bruce Lee fans out there.
Speaker 1: Big Brucie Man, Big BRUCEI So.
Speaker 3: Bruce Lee, as you would know being a massive fan, died in Hong Kong July twentieth, nineteen seventy three, at the ripe age of thirty two. Can you is that a way to describe it.
Speaker 1: I like to think that's still ripe. I mean we're had around that age, so I like to think we're still youthful. Braidon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, So he died at thirty two. There was a bit of intrigue about his death. They didn't get into too much detail, so it it led people to speculate and there was some, you know, some theories around his death, including that he may have been killed by the mafia.
Speaker 1: And real controversy has gone through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then stuff like that. Well, there was a new study that came out of a research center in Madrid that found that he could have died by ingesting too much water and getting something I'm going to butcher this something called hydrogen hypo neatremia natremia. Yeah, hypernatremia. It's the kidney's inability to excrete excess water. So you drink too much water, can't handle it. And yeah, he is essentially durank.
Speaker 1: So the man that moves like water, you become Yeah, what is it called? You become water like you move with the water.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny. You say, oh, do you have it?
Speaker 4: I said, empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You're put in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Bewater on my friend, it becomes the teapot.
Speaker 1: Very interesting. Didn't see that coming. So hold on.
Speaker 2: So he's drank excessive amounts of water because obviously we all know he was a big water fan, obviously by the quotes that we just heard.
Speaker 1: But he drank so much water that killed him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he obviously everyone knows what hyponatremia isa yep, but it's way more common than you think. It's founding up to forty percent of hospitalized persons and may cause due to excessive water ingestion, even in young, healthy people.
Speaker 2: So this scares me because I bring a water bowl everywhere I go. It's one of those just like crazy ocity people.
Speaker 1: It's like has water, has to have water. I mean twenty four to seven.
Speaker 3: This is vindication for me because I underdrink. I'm like a sultana. I don't. Of course, no water goes in me. I wake up, I have a coffee, I have another coffee, I have another coffee, and then I go a bit.
Speaker 1: So this is not healthy.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm going to get from that, but it ain't going to be hypernatremia. And the fact that we're sixty percent water, which everyone sprooks, you gotta drink tons of water. That body is sixty percent water. Yeah, well that doesn't help. So it doesn't do shit. Yeah, if you drink more water than your kidneys can excrete, you die. So no good for young Bruci. And Yeah, so obviously it's a bit ironic because he popularized by the quote be water on my friends.
Speaker 4: You put water into a bottle, it becomes a bottle. You're put in a teapot, it becomes used the teapot.
Speaker 1: Be water on my friend.
Speaker 2: That is the most ironic thing for him to be known as that quote. It's like his most famous quote probably, and then what is the one thing that makes him pass away?
Speaker 1: Being like water? He became the water, he became watery.
Speaker 3: So this is the last article, and this is the headline, prison sacrifice angry crowd berets tourists who climbed protected pyramid in chechen.
Speaker 1: ITZAAA, Mexico. I know where that is. I was actually recently close to tho.
Speaker 3: I was pretty happy that I got that pretty close.
Speaker 1: Pretty good. It's a lot better than the whole water thing you tried.
Speaker 3: To get with Hi putting a treamia.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: So between that and the Kuta Galski or cut cut right a Jakowski or whatever her name is, We're going well in pronunciations everyone.
Speaker 1: I'll let you I figure the details later.
Speaker 3: It's one of those podcasts you leave smarter than your raft.
Speaker 2: It's just like Billy Madison, He's like, we're all Dobbern now for listening to you for the last minutes.
Speaker 3: Speaking of this tourist just climbed the ninety steps of the Temple of.
Speaker 1: I might actually be saying it wrong, which is you know.
Speaker 3: Protected world famous archaeological you know, temple like thing structure. Anyway, she just climbs up, gets to the top, turns around, does the old Rocky Bellboa arms out.
Speaker 1: She would have been Americans for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, we didn't hear much from her, but we heard plenty from others around her that are screaming things, which roughly translate yelling out at her to go to prison and be offered up as a sacrifice to the gods. After she is she climbed down and a mob kind of gathered at the bottom of this temple and they're all just throwing water at her and like grabbing her hair and yanking.
Speaker 1: It for she was like water. She moves.
Speaker 3: When people throw a bottle of water, but come from the bottom.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, she she talked a big game up on top, and then when she got to the bottom and they were just like kicking the shit out of it. Anyway, here's a bit of this is the angry mob. So she was being escorted away by an angry mob and all of the security guards that were kind of there as well.
Speaker 2: So so now she's currently hanging out with the guy from Guitar that ran on the fields.
Speaker 3: Heard from again, Yeah, I think Mexico is probably not another.
Speaker 1: Spot where you no it's definitely not definitely not.
Speaker 3: What's the same fuck around and find out.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard that like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so how much you fuck around is how much you're going to find out. And I think she fucked around a fair bit and now she's going to find out.
Speaker 1: I'll find out.
Speaker 3: So but I was thinking, in your travels, have you seen anyone that's done anything like wildly disrespectful, Like I've been to Bali a few times and seeing some Aussies acting up.
Speaker 1: One that sticks out, mans.
Speaker 2: I was down Grocery Road one year and I was just driving through and there's these two French dudes right and it's like I'm driving around one of these corners in the car and it's this beautiful like just the sun's out, you know, there's a few clouds and sky. It's like very picturesque. You got the beach going down, you got a few ferns at the top whatever. And then next thing, you know is like I'm turning around the corner, I see this car pulled over and there's these two French guys and they're out and they're like trying to pet a wild koala and then they've got the go pro as if it's like a pet or an animal. And they're like sitting there with the go pro out they're doing the selfie sick and I'm new to the country, so I'm like, I'm gonna pull over check out the kala like I've never seen one before live, you know, in the wild. So I pull over and these French guys arey o'b seeing this whatever it is they're doing like a selfie video and like holding trying to hold the like wild koala. And I think that was like a moment I just I cracked it, like I absolutely lost it on these French dudes, and I just simply like shoved one of back onto the road and I said get back in your car. And they didn't speak any English whatsoever, but I think they understood by the way I gestured and yelled at them that they were not doing the right thing. That's probably the one that like sticks out in my mind. I don't know why, but I just felt like that was such a stupid thing to do. It's like, in what world do you think that's appropriate? But these French guys just thought, oh, no one will say anything, who cares, We'll be able to pedic quality that's wild sitting here in this beautiful picturesque place of Victoria. I don't know anyway, that's that's the one sticks out. There's plenty of others that people taking selfies and probably videoing, and I think Auschwitz that was kind of a bit weird. Someone was doing like a vlog in Auschwitz and like the actual chambers, and I was just like, not the place or time, not the place of time.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like a you know, like you gotta have for places like that, you have to have respect.
Speaker 2: And like you walk into those places, you get chills, Like a lot of times you get chills, even they are now getting in like just of like the feeling of going in there and you get this like kind of cold feeling.
Speaker 1: And then you see the walls.
Speaker 2: You can see literally fingernail scrapes down the wall like people that had done it years and years and years prior. And this lady sitting around just video and like she's doing some kind of Instagram blog whatever it is. And I was like, oh my gosh, like we've got to be better in that, surely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a people have no self well not all people, but a lot of people have no self awareness when it comes to that stuff, and it's just yeah, I don't know, just be respectful, which is like we speak about it with guitar and the ethics behind, like being respectful of one's culture and where do people draw the line and like with ethics and stuff. But there are some pretty easy ones out there, like it's common sense.
Speaker 2: It's common sense one online, like just I don't know, but yeah, it's different cultures. Everyone comes from a different place. Everyone's got different you know, respectfulness as far as different things around the world, So you have to understand different cultures come with different different types of people and different things of value, so you have to respect that. But I think whenever you've traveled to a place, you have to be well aware of what the traditional things are. And this is what has come down to the biggest problem with guitar is what they believe from a call perspective and what the rest of the world believes is very different. Therefore, do you apply your own ethics and morals that are away from guitar into qautar or not? Whenever it's a World Cup game, who knows. I don't know the right answer still questionable, but I'll tell you one thing. The fellow that went out in protesting, we have not seen him since.
Speaker 3: Speaking of football, let's jump into the footy chest and your good friend, uh Gillan mcluckyh the legend.
Speaker 1: He's a tall fella. He's a tall fellow, old Gilly.
Speaker 3: Do you know how tall he is?
Speaker 4: Have you?
Speaker 1: He'd be like six foot five. He's out there. He could be a rockman back in this day. He probably was. So he's at his private school whoever it was.
Speaker 3: He's tall compared to me.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's not really say much, right and hate freak, Well.
Speaker 3: It's not saying much both ways. Yeah, he's short compared to you compared.
Speaker 1: He's somewhere in the middle. Yeah, he's a legend. That he's a legend.
Speaker 2: He's been through some interesting stuff with COVID and everything else, and now obviously he's stepping down. But I'm not sure what we're getting out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, I don't know if you've heard, but he's sticking around. He's sticking around. He's done the old he's done the old doc and he's.
Speaker 2: Thought, he said, I'm out, I'll resigned. Not my problem anymore. You guys, find another cityo. So he's he's gone back and gone another round, another round.
Speaker 3: The old George Costanzo stands where he quits and then just rocks up to work and he's like, I don't know what you're talking. Yeah, So he's sticking around until the what's this around they're doing the Magic Round next.
Speaker 1: Year Adelaide thing or whatever it is is South Australia.
Speaker 3: So he's sticking around until then. He's got a few few little things and it is across the ts.
Speaker 2: Just doing like a hole, just you know, retirement, just trip around the world. I could see him just being like, oh, I'm gonna go to NFL and we go to the World Cup and we go here and there and just climbing all on tacks before I get out this joint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he's using up his annual leave. He's on leave now, you got to use that. I'd be I'd be cashing in in a few sick days. Yeah, he's probably got a few banked ups. So if you just you know COVID here food poisoning the old food. A funny story about I called in sick one time on the Grand Final day. Big Sydney fan growing up and the two thousand and six Grand Final, Sydney West Coast. They were absolute bangers. The five Grand Final was a classic, and then going into the six, I had work scheduled for the day and I called in and instead of just saying I got a bug or you know, I ate something not good, or.
Speaker 2: This is on the day, this is on the day, yeah, which is essentially going into a holiday the next day.
Speaker 3: So question that wasn't there. This is old school, back in the day. There's no public holiday. That's the only reason. But so I called up and I said I went to the park with some mates and I fell off the swing and I like dislocated myte ah, like really wrecked it up. So I won't be able to come into work because I got to deal with this dislocated arm and on the way to hospital like it's not good, it's like they might have to amputate. I didn't say that, but anyway.
Speaker 1: It's better than getting your nut a bike and go to hospital for a week in Albury.
Speaker 3: Well then, yeah, so nowadays that would be fine because I just well won you're not going to get seen in Melbourne. This is in a check.
Speaker 2: You've got to play the lie out you have to go full on, like sling the next day or something like broke A little bit advice here. If you're going to have a lie, I have it as broad as possible so then you can really nut down the details a bit later on, you know, and really kind of get into that. Just say I had an accident, emergency, went to the emergency room. They don't know any more details.
Speaker 3: Well I didn't do that. I and because I didn't have my license, I was fifteen, So I walked to a mate's house in Moamma, which is a you know, three four k walk to watch the game. And of course my boss called me and said, I just saw you walking down the street. Oh no, you look fine, which is you know, the foresight, like a cheek has only got ten thousand people there and I'm walking down the main street.
Speaker 2: Are you sure it was me?
Speaker 5: You sure it was me?
Speaker 1: I don't know, there's a nothing. I've got a brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So yeah, he advised that I quit, which I did, and that was the story about how I faked an injury instead of just saying that I had food poisoning or something that would last a day, and that would have been fine.
Speaker 2: It's I did find it funny because I feel like there's always this video I always see of similar similar story about someone will go to a game, right, they'll go to like some sporting event. They'll be with a girl next to them, yeah, and then all of a sudden they're going on the jumbo trying to the kiss camera or something like that, you know, and then all of a sudden the guy just ducks away and he's like, oh no, I don't want to be part of this. I don't want to be a part of this. And the girls looking the other way too, and you're going, I reckon. This guy's married and he's brought his second girl after this game, and now he's put up on the jumbo trying publicly and he's going, I cannot be seen here. You'd whether it be getting off work or doing something like that. There has been times were people legitiate because I think I've been told this story. I'm not sure there might be truth her or not.
Speaker 1: I think there's a.
Speaker 2: Bridge over Greateshrom Road and the twelve Apostles, right, and there was two people that were the bridge had actually tumbled right, So like the connecting part between the land and the island ended up falling and there was two people stuck on there, right, so nature did saying made it crumble and two people were stuck on there had to get helicoptered out. Became a whole news story. This might be a total just live but someone told me this when I first came here. And apparently those two one of the guys was married and he was having an affair with the girl. And obviously the way the news happened, they get on the helicopter, they come back to the mainland, they're both seen together, the girlfriend and the wife finds out that he's got this girl on the side that he's having an affair with. Essentially, Mother Nature was the one that alsid up and put them on an island together before the news got there. So well, it's a true story, and I don't know it was a good one that stuck in my head, that's for sure. But there is times that you know, you gotta be a little bit a little bit looser on your lives, Brad, And that's my advice.
Speaker 3: Well that could you know, that's nature's way of bringing you together, you know, silver linings, Silver linings.
Speaker 2: We'll move on to the next though. I want to become CEO one day, maybe the IFL. Who knows, Maybe I'll throw that out there. But Gilly, it's great to have you around for a little bit longer. I'm not really sure how long're gonna stay around, mate, but if you need someone to refill your job. I hear the paychecks pretty good, so I don't mind jumping in.
Speaker 3: Surely that's not the great job. Do you want to be CEO? Yeah, of course of the AFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be awesome. You paid, you paid heaps worn now are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 2: Just got to show up to a few things and you know, like you know, tip the cap and say out great. See, everyone just got to be that. I mean, I think I think there's the face of the AFL, which is the CEO, and then he has a lot of help from the people underneath him. And he'd probably be willing to say that too. Obviously he makes the executive decisions, but I think a lot of those decisions and the details that go behind it are probably handled by someone else.
Speaker 3: Well, he missed a couple of events being away. I don't know if you saw that. There's a couple of little rumbles about it he missed the afl W Grand Final.
Speaker 2: I don't really see like an issue. I think the thing is just from a PR perspective. People want the image of him there just as a support. Yeah, it's the same thing. It's like PR. You know, you want to be seeing playing at the biggest ground. Do you want to be seen at a training facility? You want to be seen playing a marvel in a proper stadium. And I think that's like probably where some of the argument goes, like in some of the frustration from some of the people are saying these things, and it's totally understandable because you want to be playing the best, playing its best people. You want to be playing the best like facilities and have some of the main people in the industry, you know, supporting you. So I get where they're coming from. They have had two Grand Finals this year, so I'm not sure if Gil was at the first one or not, but I can understand he's had a big year and I think the IFL AFLW and everything that's happened, it's been a massive year for the for the industry. So I think everyone's pretty excited now during this Christmas December January period to have a proper shutdown of the whole industry. We've obviously just finished the draft, which was good. Interesting the draft. Oh gosh, man, what are they what are they doing nowadays?
Speaker 1: Asking all these weird questions?
Speaker 2: They're getting people to play uno instead of doing putting challenges, And I just don't get it, Like we just got completely bored, Like do we just not really have enough?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: I feel like it's somewhat of a filler for AFL fans to say, like, oh, okay, it's been so long since we've seen players back and now teams are finally coming back to training and stuff. But I've come to doing some of the weird stuff now, Like some of the questions I read up on was like how often do you wash your jeans?
Speaker 1: If you wore them once a week? You know, what traits do you need in a girlfriend? What car do you describe yourself as?
Speaker 2: And Brisbane asked me whose spot I would take out in the team right now? Or what's your favorite phone app?
Speaker 3: Brutal doing if you got to the club and you're like, oh yeah, I want to take Pendall's spot, it's like roll in day one and it's like Pendall's like, oh yeah, you want to take my spoot there. It's like roll him under the bus. Yeah, but I think the draft is so boring. Just split it across two days. I could get around it enough in one day, you know, like, oh, you get a bit of hype you want to see as a club your first pick or whatever. Some teams don't have a pick in the top twenty, so then you've got to wait to day two to find out who your team picks. And Day two is just a snoozefest because like who you got day too? Like all respects to these players, but it's like just cram it into one day, fly through your top ten, celebrate those, then ten to twenty, and then you know, just knock out the rest.
Speaker 1: I'll ask you this, do you prefer draft or trade period?
Speaker 3: Trade? Hands down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I find the trade in way more interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, like they're already personalities. You know how good they are, you've been you've watched them throughout their career. You get excited because you're like, oh, I saw him do that at that club, Now he's doing it at my club type stuff. And even like I can get around the speculation, like I'm for the speculation, Oh, this guy might go there, this guy might go there, all the rumblings and all that stuff. I don't really like. I don't deep dive into it. I just see it as it hits my feed or whatever. But it's so much more interesting that as an AFL employee, it just goes all year. Like if you think just surface level, this is surface level. If you go like, so the players are back from the start, you cover the preseason period. Then you got your season launch stuff that you've got to get ready for. And then if if you're lucky enough to only have a men's team and a women's team like Collingwood has a netball team, a wheelchair team, a VFL team, like it's I think seven or eight teams, you've got to cover all of those teams all at the same time. You do your season launch. Then you're into the season and that's minus all the photo days and all that stuff. So you get into it and then you're like, thank god, the season's here. A bit of like formula and some structure, and I do this throughout the week. You work six seven days a week. You get to the end of the season, you're absolutely wrecked. If you make finals, you're like, yay, we made finals. Get to work some more. And then you go into your postseason stuff, so like you got your best and fairest, like they got the brown Low. Then you go into like now the women's season starts up. So you do the women's season all the way through, and then out the trade the draft, and then the men come back to trade.
Speaker 1: Flight out.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on. There's a lot going on whenever it comes to the AFL world. I think, like I said, I think a lot of people are going to be excited for this December January to have a full shutdown. Take a month off, go down the coast, sit on the beach for a bit, contemplate life, be you know, re energize yourself and be ready to go again for the next year.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. Create the hunger for it, take it away, bring it back.
Speaker 2: Take it away, bring it back. Well we will we will in there. Man, it's been it's been a great little catch up. Now I must say this, I did have my first little experience at the state election. I want to give a little shout out to that. It was I voted below the line. I did really, you know, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I was. I was very specific on who I was voting on. Did a lot of research.
Speaker 2: So shout out to be able to to be able to vote in a country like this, pretty awesome, first one country having the right to vote democracy. It's it's pretty awesome. So shout out to that. I want to first of.
Speaker 3: All, say what do you think about people being forced to vote?
Speaker 1: I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it, But I think people should be more aware of what each person represents.
Speaker 1: That's what I'll say.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people go in there and they just go, oh, this is why my parents have voted, this is why I you know, I think that they'll do, but they don't actually do any research on So my biggest thing whenever it comes to voting, do your research your you know, have your opinions and anything else, but going there ready to go, know exactly who you're voting for. So then you take the boxes and you're straight out of there.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's good advice, but if you vote outside of your electric man, you skip some lines. You skip some lines, well, you just like when you vote outside your electric Yeah, you go through a different area. So there's like a massive line that's like the electorate and then you go like, hey, I'm from a different electorate. They go, oh, this ways and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, well, early vote, you gotta do the early vote right. And I'm telling you that's the best part to go about it. There's no sausage sizzle though. That's the worst part. No sausage sizzle if you're an early voter. But I will tell you one thing. Plenty of plant pamphlets, plenty of pamphlets and people yelling at you, and I shout out, actually, I want to say this last before you get out here, shout out to the Green Party. They asked for the pamphlet back to be recycled, and that is on brand. If you asked on else, it would be the most on brand thing about the voting system. I agree, it's asking to recycle their pamphlets.
Speaker 3: I walked past a pamphlet for the Greens and he's like, pamphlet, pamphlet. They're all coming at me and he's like pamphlet and I was like, no, man, I'm good and he's like, ah, no paper. I like it, and gave me a finger guns.
Speaker 1: Finger guns. They'll link in the finger guns.
Speaker 3: I was like the big fan fan, like, I don't mind the Greens, but man, they're they're people are nerdy. I can't they're pamphlet hander.
Speaker 1: We accept all kinds, whatever your opinion is, We accept all that.
Speaker 3: I respect the people that rock up to help out on those.
Speaker 1: The volunteers that we had to respect because it's not an easy job.
Speaker 3: And the sausage, I don't did you even vote if you don't get a sausage?
Speaker 2: That's one keeps telling me that, Like, it doesn't even count if you don't get a sausage sizzle. So next year, next year, maybe I'll vote on the actual day and be able to experience my first social SIZZLESU. I haven't even got one of buntings yet, which is an absolute crime. Yeah, we'll get there, and you wonder how they gave me citzen. But anyway, that is it. That is the catch up. Thanks everyone for listening. Check out the rest of the episodes that are behind us. We've got some amazing people we've interviewed throughout the weeks, and check it all out with some older catchups and everything else. But as always, I just want to say massive thank you for listening. Check out the seven different platforms. We're all on social media and everything else, and we'll hear from you next time.
Speaker 1: Peez, that was a terrible