Speaker 1: You're on the pickup Thursday of a with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Try the new Fragrance DC ten Sports one hundred mile by Dan Carter. It is new and it's exclusive to wear else. It's just forty nine ninety nine. It's time for this. Everybody ask our cat.
Speaker 2: Asking Cut is something we do every week on Thursdays where you guys write in or call in your deepest, darkest burning questions and we do our best to answer them. And we have the lovely Amy has phoned in today. Hey Amy, A Hi, Hey, what is the problem O?
Speaker 3: So, guys, I have this problem. I don't have a problem with my mother in law, but I have a problem with the state of her house. So in a nutshell, she has got three dogs and one cat and they've got no toilet training sense whatsoever. Every time I go around, there's a pooh on the floor, there's we on the law. And I have a one year old who will be spending a day a week with her, and I just can't trust that he's not going to put the pooh in his mouth.
Speaker 4: It's a good way to build some immunity.
Speaker 3: Well, no, this is what she tells me.
Speaker 2: Not true. Because you can actually get really sick. Cats particularly the cats can make children very very sick. I think it can actually kill them. I'm not just saying there's diseases you can pick.
Speaker 3: It's gastro waiting to happen, is it not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, obviously it's to help with babysitting, so you're not having to pay his pay your day care fees. Is there not a way that she could come to your house and do the babysitting at your house?
Speaker 3: So no, because she runs a business from home.
Speaker 1: Which is the other issue I have with it.
Speaker 4: Also, last week I went there, there was raw chicken breast on the bench.
Speaker 3: The dogs were eating it.
Speaker 4: Do you know what though, I mean, it's a hard one because you're getting something out of your mother in law, which is that she's she's going to be helping you to take care of the kids, which saves you having another day of daycare, which is obviously so expensive. So true, it's so expensive. So I guess like there's a big decision for you to make. Either you're comfortable with your is it a little boy or a little girl? My boy with your boy being there, or you have to pay that extra money and have them in daycare because I also worry if your mother in law's living like this, if she's got rubbish everywhere, if she's letting the animals like, you know, pool on the floor and she's not able to clean it up, or whatever it is. I always ask the question, like, is that person's mental health okay? Because it's a real sign of someone who's not coping when they're living in a state that's not clean or hygienic or good for them. And that could also be something that is an issue that no one's considered. She may not be okay.
Speaker 1: Some people are just lazy as well.
Speaker 2: Though some people are just dirty and like and of course there could be more problems there, but some people are just dirty and lazy. I think for me, if I could find the money, I would be trying to find the money in and put my kid in the daycare rather than in that environment. Also, if you can't clean up after your animal, I wouldn't trust these animals to be around my one year old animals. You don't know the way they behave. It could be you could have had your family pet forever, but you would never leave it unattended in a room with an animal and a baby.
Speaker 4: So have you ever had the conversation with her, like, have you ever spoken to her about it and explained your worries or pointed out the things.
Speaker 3: And I have mentioned my anxiety about putting him on the floor because literally every time I walk in, I'm like, oh, there's a dog who.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's too hard.
Speaker 3: But she sort of just goes oh like an acts as if you know, she's not aware of it, but it's every time, And just how do you not know that there's who on the floor inside your house?
Speaker 1: I'd say you need to sit her down and make sure everything's good with her, because I think I'm with you laws if you're living like that, you know, have the chat, make sure she's okay. Maybe she's waiting, yeah, maybe you know, you just need to extend the olive branch and the poops can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they we'll keep us updated there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And it's a tricky one. And if you can't come to some sort of resolution, I think it's you have to put them into daycare or look at getting a babysitter or something. We'll see if you can work from home on those days. But yeah, it may be if she can't take care of herself and her animals at the moment in her house. It may be too much of a burden for her to be able to take care of your child as well.
Speaker 2: It's an easy one day care for me.
Speaker 3: There's a tough conversation to be had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, Amy, that's not how it all goes.
Speaker 1: Okay, no worries. If you want some advice like that, you can hit us up on the Pickup dot com dot au also dms on the Pickup on Instagram. All right now, Next on the show, alarming statistics coming out. If you're a parent and you have a phone, which is everyone on Earth, Laura, you're a parent and you have a phone, I've got some new stats on the alarming screen time parents are putting into their phones when they really should be putting into their kids.
Speaker 4: Well, Laura has multiple phones.
Speaker 2: She got burn a phone, She's got the app, Authentic Vocation phone, I Pad, so many, I've got screens everywhere.
Speaker 1: Parents, listen up, you're gonn want to hear these stats. Will do it. Next on the Pickup,