Speaker 1: She's on the Money.
Speaker 2: She's on the Money. Hello, and welcome to She's on the Money's Friday Dreams. Now, this episode is definitely not as financially literate as every other episode that you probably would expect from us, and hopefully by now you've got used to the Friday dream of vibes. This week, I'm joined by Ryan John as a last I has never missed an episode, Jessica Rici, who again has never missed a Friday Drinks episode, and who has missed a Friday Drinks episode. Gee King on Tour is not here to join us today, and she actually has a cold and decided that recording with her voice in such a state wasn't a good idea. But alas, we will carry on and carry the mood on our own. This week has been a stellar week. I believe we heard from a seven year old investing wizard, I would say on Monday, and then on Wednesday we talked about my favorite topic and that is risk profiling. And I thought I was really funny with that caption, you know, the episode name caution preced at your own risk profiling. Anyway, that wasn't as funny as I thought it was going.
Speaker 1: To be and expect the play on words. I don't know if many people got it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think they got it. But that's okay. I don't even care. Did you like the episode? Hopefully? Otherwise I can't do much about it now.
Speaker 1: It's actually really important because you do talk a lot about once you know your appetite for risk, then you can make the investment. So before you do anything else, that is a great episode to check out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is literally the one thing that I talk about all the time. And you would have heard me saying like, hey, that might be a good investment for you, but you need to understand your tenacity to take on risk. And you be like, well, how do I work that out? You listen to that episode, my friends. Anyway, this episode is the Friday Drinks episode, which literally exists to celebrate our community and all of the fun things they do and the conversations they have. And this week Ryan hasn't actually tied me into what's going on yet because it's been an ongoing dilemma. So a couple of weeks ago, Ryan said he had a money win that he wanted to share with us. Jess, Yeah, and he did line. Yeah, he was kind of like carrot dangling and showing us a carrot on the stick so that we would want it. And I hope it's good because it's been really hyped up.
Speaker 1: I also hope it's good because the.
Speaker 2: Meme explaining all over again.
Speaker 1: Hopefully this is better than that.
Speaker 2: I hope it's better than that. So, Bryan, how about we give this person a call?
Speaker 3: Hello? This is Lucy speaking.
Speaker 1: Hi Lucy, this is Ryan John and Victoria Devine from She's on the Money. How you doing?
Speaker 2: Hi? Good things? How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Good? Now? Thanks for finding the time. I know we've been playing a bit of phone tag for a few weeks. Yeah, yeah, Now Victoria has no idea.
Speaker 2: What's going on, by the way, sitting him blind.
Speaker 1: It's a sword of money win. I'm going to read the comment that you left from the Facebook group and I'm going to get Victoria to decide if it is in fact a money win or if it's actually a bit of a downer, because it's because it could go either way, you know what I'm talking about. It's a bit of bus it's a bit of both. Let me read the message from Lucy. Sad money win, says Lucy, I've been a pottery teacher in the past, and I wanted to get back into it as a hobby, as a mindfulness thing to keep me sane while I'm at UNI. But the only studio I can get into has bumped up their membership prices, and so I wouldn't let myself get a membership because it just costs too much money. It was already pretty expensive to begin with, so I think this is kind of a money win. Was it an annoying decision to have to make, Lucy? It was.
Speaker 3: I've been planning it for a while, actually, because I've gone off pottery for a little while, and then I wanted to get back into it because I've gone back to full time UNI, and I was like, I need something to keep me staying. And pottery has a weird way of making time slip away in a really mindful way, so you don't realize that you're spending three hours there until you're like, oh, I've missed lunched.
Speaker 1: Because you have to fully be in it, right, You can't kind of half pottery. Once your brain's in pottery mode. I'm guessing you can't think about much else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you really can't. I've tried listening to podcasts. I've tried talking to people while doing it. It's really really difficult, but once you actually get into that kind of pottery zone, it's really nice being there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and now what was the hold on?
Speaker 2: Hold on? Hold on? Do I like, do I know this person? Do I follow them already?
Speaker 3: We probably not. I'm in Brisbane, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm going to make myself an absolute fool. Do you make koalas?
Speaker 3: I do not? But that sounds very cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's cool. It's a potter that I follow, and I'm pretty sure her name's Lucy and she makes these koalas. Anyway, I just really like pottery, and.
Speaker 1: I was really excited.
Speaker 3: No, I was actually when I even started thinking about planning to get back into pottery, I was like, okay, how can I keep this financially viable? Like I don't need to earn a profit per se, but I was thinking about like ways that I could break even because it's not exactly a cheap hobby.
Speaker 1: So I've got I've got a money win and a money lost to share. The win is Lucy in your name. I have bought a couple of hundred dollars worth of membership at the place, so you can go there. It's all paid for already. Oh my god, you Syria, I am. I called Vicky, who is very lovely. She works there, and I organize so you're all set to go.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Ryan so much.
Speaker 1: What a guy.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he did that either, Lucy yep.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Oh how cute is that.
Speaker 1: I feel like you shouldn't have to choose if it's for you, know, while you're at full time UNI. That's stressful enough. I feel like you shouldn't have to choose between the mental health and the money. It just got too complicated. Let us take care of that for you. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm actually crying. Oh my god. Well, I will be sure to send you some photos of stuff that I make.
Speaker 1: Hopefully there's a koala for Victorians.
Speaker 2: Can you make me out of my way?
Speaker 3: I cannot promise how good it'll be.
Speaker 2: I don't even care. Can I Can we put requests in now? I request a koala? Please?
Speaker 3: Okay? I can make you akal.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on. So that was a money win. That was an epic and that is actually so kind Ryan, And you know what I'm not even surprised. I am not surprised. That is definitely a Ryan John thing to do.
Speaker 3: A fantastic team, I know, I.
Speaker 2: Know, I do. That is definitely a Ryan thing to do. But I really want to know why he's saying that there's also a loss, Like, what cost is this coming?
Speaker 1: There's also a money loss? Oh okay, what is that, Lucy? It's not a money loss for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, obvious that's.
Speaker 1: It's also not a money loss for me.
Speaker 2: Did Ryan get my credit card?
Speaker 1: Ryan paid with Victoria's credit card.
Speaker 2: I'm not even mad. I am not even mad. I'm not even mad. I am really happy that you did that. Thank you, Ryan, Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thanks me.
Speaker 2: You are welcome.
Speaker 3: Thank you for both of you, one for paying and one for orchestrating us.
Speaker 2: I'm so grateful that you're in our community. And I'm also grateful that Ryan steals credit cards. So thank you for.
Speaker 1: That, finally the credit I deserve.
Speaker 2: You're welcome you, Okay, welcome back to Friday Drinks. That was actually such a fun chat. I absolutely loved it. Albeit it turns out my money lost this week. It turns out I didn't know what was going to be my money lost, and that is that my credit card clearly was left out and used by Ryan. And you know what, I'm not even mad about it. Well worth it. I'm glad you had to facilitate that, Jessica. Yes, you're so welcome. You so rude, so so rude. Now, usually at the start of every episode we introduce what we're drinking, and last week forgot because it was so good. Jess tell us what have we been drinking this week?
Speaker 4: I'm currently downing a Gordon downing it. Yeah, I'm loving it. A Gordon's Premium pink gin and Soda. I would like to preface this with I'm not a big soda person, like a Gin and Tonic is not my thing, but this is amazing.
Speaker 2: I am really really liking this. This isn't sponsored by the way. We picked it because it's pink. We picked it because it is esthetic, it was on brand.
Speaker 1: We really liked it.
Speaker 2: And it's really good. Like ten of these easily, I'm loving this. It says where berries meet gin and soda. We're not mad about this. We're very happy with this Gordon's. If you want a chat, slide into our DMS. We are here for this, Jess was saying she wants a mini fridge stopped with them beside her desk, which as her employer, I'm not entirely sure. I get behind better get the preface. I understand why she might want that, and.
Speaker 4: I'm not only asking for the drink, I'm also asking for the fridge, which we don't currently have.
Speaker 2: A lot of stretches there. But like, we'll work it out out, We'll work it out. So my money loss this week is obviously the credit card switch. I need to put my wallet in places that people can't get it or be it. I'm pretty sure it was in my handbag, so I don't know what we're going to do there. But Jess, have you got a money loss or a money win for us to share this week?
Speaker 1: Not yet, Ryan, I've got a money loss, and it's embarrassing for two reasons. One, I did something really creepy in stalking Hamish Blake and Foster Blake, and it's one of the most least masculine money losses you'll find.
Speaker 2: How would they get involved with your least masculine money loss? So also, can you just get the gender out of money loss and confessions? They're not gendered. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well you'll see what I'm getting carry on well, because it's a very stereotypical male thing to be able to do, and I was not able to do it.
Speaker 2: Is it the way you're holding your pink gin and soda with your little pinky out.
Speaker 1: It's actually pink gin, not just regular JOm.
Speaker 2: Sorry sorry.
Speaker 1: So Zoe Foster Blake and Hamish Blake are selling their Richmond house because they've moved to Sydney.
Speaker 2: Oh don't even know they lived in Richmond.
Speaker 1: They live about one hundred meters from where we are right now. Yeah, just around the corner. And you know how, well they currently still own it. And here's the problem. You know how on like domain or real estate dot com dot are you when they're like celebrities, they're like the celebrity couples putting their house up for sale and they've got photos and stuff like that. Yeah, I thought I would drive down there and have a look. You're creep exactly. And I drove into their driveway and I drove.
Speaker 2: Drove into their driveway.
Speaker 1: Well there's light streets. I needed to turn around. I was like, oh, then I backed out, drove over a bottle and blew my tire.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, is that how your tire got done? You were being a creep. You didn't even tell me. Well, you knew I had a flat time you had a flat tire, and that you got it fixed at work. I didn't realize because you'd driven one hundred meters away from work, which arguably you could have just parked at work.
Speaker 1: And I was on my way to work, and I thought, I'll just cruise. I'm just curious, gonna have a sticky beak into their face pop my tire And then a tire deflated and Victoria, how did I the masculine man change my tire?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: You know what, I can change a tire. So I was very disappointed to hear that you called for assistance.
Speaker 1: Hence, while saying a very you know, inadverted commas non masculine thing to do that, I paid someone who was actually a female who worked for who came and changed my tire. And it was on a public holiday, so they stung me. Double face. That's my money loss.
Speaker 4: Jess, do you have something a bit of a random one, kind of along the lines of manifesting things into Facebook marketplace, but just manifesting it's a thing people in the group agree.
Speaker 2: With me, all right. Just because people agree with you doesn't make it right. There are literally Facebook groups that exist for the flat earth supporters.
Speaker 1: Soaday Pete Evans has lots of support. Yeah, lots of.
Speaker 2: People follow his advice.
Speaker 4: Well, anyway, I've been meaning to buy a new drink bottle for the office, because hydrate yourself.
Speaker 2: I don't if you bought a second hand one on marketplace. I've been meaning to get a.
Speaker 4: Frank Green one because they're really cute. I like the brand, colors are on point, and I just haven't done it. And then we went to the Keep It Cleaner event yesterday and I got one in my good bag for free.
Speaker 2: I didn't get a goodie bag. You missed out. You should have scooped one up. Oh my gosh. No, I didn't need a goody bag. It's not the color I wanted, but it's still a cute color. So you're complaining about the color of the free drink bottle you got, Jessica, I'll pull my head in. That's my money.
Speaker 1: In speaking of people pulling their head in after the Keep It Cleaner.
Speaker 2: Event, I was not one of those people.
Speaker 1: Victoria needs to pull her head in because of something we were discussing after that event. Do you remember what we talked about? And I said, how was the event with Steph Claire Smith and Laura and what did we talk about?
Speaker 2: Did I say it was good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you were annoyed about something.
Speaker 2: What was I annoyed about?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Actually, don't tell me. Throw me under a bus.
Speaker 1: How can someone be that pregnant and still.
Speaker 4: Be that I wasn't exact word left my mouth. That she's beautiful, she's glowing.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I am obviously I've seen photos of her pregnant, but then seeing your impersonal was like such a good mom.
Speaker 4: It was responsible for her to get more attractive, and then there she was in all her glory.
Speaker 2: It's not fair. She's an angel and so beautiful, both of both of them. They're staming girls. I hope they You know what makes this awkward? Laura listens to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Laura, I love you.
Speaker 2: We've got a little fangirl over here. But seriously, they're they're angels. I love them, and they're actual business badasses. Yeah, like they were talking.
Speaker 1: Of the event, they just stole someone from kiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 4: Good Good People Still Good People was recorded as well, so go listen to the Keep It Cleaner pod. It was a really, really great episode. I obviously watched her Victoria spoken it and unbiased the stories that were shared by women. It was for International Women's Day. It was super empowering. I feel like the people who love us would love that as well, So definitely check that episode out.
Speaker 2: Something that I loved about that chat though, was obviously empowering women. It was all for International Women's Day, but also just talking to Stefan Laura about their experience with, you know, owning a business. And I don't think people take them as seriously as they need to be taken. Like they started this empire of theirs, like they run it. They're the people that call the shots, and.
Speaker 1: A lot of people throw the word empire around, but this is this.
Speaker 2: Is a legit empire. This isn't Girl Boss Lady Boss territory like Ryan was talking about on his YouTube video the other day. It is legit, like they have an empire. They have so many different niches I would say, of their business and is beyond impressive, especially when you start looking into and going hold on, they do this as well, and then they do that. It's incredible, but they do it all themselves, and too many people do not give them enough credit for that. They always ask, well, well, who's your business partner or who does the business side of things? And it's them, Like they are, we're all bosses, and I love them.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, just to put something on the record, V You and I often mention them and what they're up to, and we say how impressive it is. So I'm just glad we get to say that out loud as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we should be celebrating the people that we genuinely think are epic.
Speaker 1: Speaking of celebrating, should we go through our favorite money wins from the group this week?
Speaker 2: I would I haven't seen them. When you say ours, you mean your favorite.
Speaker 1: Money wins, I mean from our group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our community's money wins. That's what this episode is about. There were some good ones this week. I really enjoyed.
Speaker 1: If I've missed any, please feel free to add. May have got to it a bit late. Eliza Evans or not using last names, Eliza Schmevens says money wins. I was offered a new role for my dream job, which resulted in a whopping thirty seven percent pay rights. Whoah last, she said, even though it's sort of unrelated, I did the budgeting in pash flow master class that you put out. Oh really, and she said. I was really empowered and full of confidence. So I went into the meeting and said this is what I think I'm I mean and she got it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I love that.
Speaker 1: Shahi says, I got a kilo of chicken thighs the other day and they charged me for chicken dumbsticks, and I'd save twelve dollars. I didn't realize there was such a big difference between the drumsticks and the thighs.
Speaker 2: No, I guess there's more mech on a sign.
Speaker 1: Caitlin says. My strawberry seedlings absolutely took off this summer. Popped them on Marketplace and made a few sales.
Speaker 2: I love that. I've been buying plants on Marketplace recently. Actually, I'm very good.
Speaker 1: At spending the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good to be spending money. For those of you who have seen on my Instagram that I was looking for an album or stuff, anybody knows what that is. You know, it's a bit of a Speno plant my money when in addition to the money when I had is someone in our Facebook group shout out to Emma reached out and said, I will send you one. Obviously I had to pay for it, but it was significantly discounted in comparison to what they usually are, and she sent it all the way from cans and for plant people out there, she sent me clippings of all of her favorite plants as well, so that I could propagate them.
Speaker 1: That was me wrapping up plant Chat.
Speaker 2: Plant Chat. That's good. Just we should put that in as a whole segment a new podcast huts. Yeah, plant chat. But she's on the money.
Speaker 1: Let's make a short course.
Speaker 2: Why not. I'm getting the bid.
Speaker 1: Shana says, money win, foster the dog. Actually, I don't know if this is a money win or not.
Speaker 2: It's a life win if it had anything to do with a dog, which is one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, money win. Fostered the dog. It chewed up a brand new couch, decided I didn't care and didn't buy a new one, saved a thousand.
Speaker 2: Bucks, a musty win. And she has the love of a dog.
Speaker 1: And a fostered dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fostering dogs. Is so special.
Speaker 1: Is your dog a rescue or a pure?
Speaker 2: She's a pure.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't own any pets. My rental doesn't allow them.
Speaker 1: Neither do.
Speaker 2: I rescued, but I didn't rescue Lucy. I went. I went for personality and really wanted a puppy.
Speaker 1: Are you implying that my dog b J, who is a rescue, does not have a personality.
Speaker 2: I'm absolutely not. I love Bej.
Speaker 1: Are you implying that me also a rescue?
Speaker 2: It's because you guys were adopted.
Speaker 1: Hollywood. That's not a real name.
Speaker 2: Just that can't be a real name, Holly. If that is actually your real name, please let us know.
Speaker 1: When I circled this one earlier, it didn't. It only clicked when I said it out loud. Hollywood says, I found some amazing discounts on a warehouse sale, and I saved one thousand and forty dollars worth on beautiful clothes from b NKR.
Speaker 2: Bunker is so expensive, Bunker, so.
Speaker 1: It's not BNKR, not that I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sorry, some of us like fashion.
Speaker 1: It's offensive, But a thousand dollars worth of savings by going to a warehouse sale, that's pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: That is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Now here's the last one. Now, I think I've had something similar to this before, and I appreciate the craftiness. It's by Jessica Berg. She said, I bought a stunning dress off the Iconic for a black tie wedding coming up this weekend. A friend asked to see what I was going to wear, and she goes, oh, I think I saw that on this website and the website was forty percent off. What And she's like, oh my god, I just paid full price for this dress. Like, don't get me wrong, She's happy with the purchase, but you know, you see it on sale later. How annoying is that?
Speaker 2: It's a bit of a bumer when that happens.
Speaker 1: Because she hadn't worn it yet. She returned it, yes, and then went to the other website and saved forty percent off and considering as like a black tie event, I'm guessing you know they're not cheap for a brand They're not.
Speaker 2: And you know what else would be another money win that I don't think she prefaced in that, because I did see it. Iconic has free returns, really, so she wouldn't have even had to pay for a return money winner, and we have a code in a Facebook group for that as well. So actually, yeah, we do.
Speaker 4: I think it's if you spend, if you're spending over one hundred dollars, you get twenty bucks off, which is pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's my twenty Do we know what the code is?
Speaker 2: No, you'll have to take a little link. I'm take sure you're OK. We'll put it in the show notes for those of you who want to do some shopping and you know, maybe have a little money whin of your own.
Speaker 1: All right, that's all I've got. I just want to shout out that Lucy is just send us a DM.
Speaker 2: Lucy sent us a DM.
Speaker 1: She said, thank you again for you on Victoria's generosity. Incredibly touched. Can't wait to make some plans for the pottery pieces. That's that a little Instagram site hustle.
Speaker 2: How cool is it? I'll create it from you, I will buy her pots, I'll do all of the things. But how cool is it that we've created this little community where we can support people like that? I'd makes my heart so happy?
Speaker 1: Does that make her a I'm not going to say that the lame what was it? A pot dealer?
Speaker 2: We are done we are totally done. We hope you have an absolutely fantastic rest of your Friday. If you're not listening to it on a Friday, well I hope you have a really great rest of the day regardless. But before we head off, we'd like to acknowledge and pay respect to Australia's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People's there there's traditional cust audience of the lands, the waterways and the skies all across Australia. We thank you for sharing and caring for the land on which we are able to learn. We pay our respects to elders past and present, and we share our friendship and our kindness. Now. Also really worth noting, even though this or a Friday episode, that She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or a financial decision. And we do promise I still am an authorized representative of Australia Pacific Funds Management Proprietary Limited ABN three four one three two four six three two five seven AFSL three three nine one five point one and she was speedy. I am speedy. Can you believe that I actually use that number daily? Jokes you guys, and as always, thank you to our producer Angels for pulling this all together for us. We are always grateful for you.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend ever, run bye at a stand is Ni