Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Kate Torba and coming up on today's show, Olivia White jumps to Mattzakowski's defense, Sophie Jane Miller shocks her followers, and why Anna Paul got her lip filler dissolved. But first, Lily Brown has revealed her pajama business chill almost sent her bankrupt. The OG influencer was forced to borrow money from her dad and boyfriend Jet Kenny after taking bad business advice from a family member.
Speaker 2: Oh this was so juicy.
Speaker 1: So she was interviewed on an influencer podcast, and I think she has been dropping clues along the way that she has found business really challenging. She's opened up in the past about how being an influencer was a lot easier than starting a business, but I don't think we knew how.
Speaker 2: Dire it actually was.
Speaker 1: So Lily shared that she went from being financially comfortable to almost losing it all. Let's throw to what Lily had to say.
Speaker 3: I just feel like I've my mindset kind of switched from being financially comfortable for a while, I would say, and then obviously investing all of the money into chill that I had made, and then going from feeling like that was going super well to then I invested all of the money in the business account into a specific collection as per the advice that I was given, and the collection rocked up in the complete wrong fabric and the complete wrong colors, and it was a summer collection that I ended up having to launch in winter. And the whole thing cost me about one hundred and ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That is a lot of money to lose one hundred and ten thousand dollars. It is interesting to know how much influencers are actually putting into these collections. Can you imagine having the wrong pajamas arrived knowing that you were about to go to launch. This is a nightmare for her, particularly because she took advice from a family member, so she didn't actually say who it was. I'm guessing it was an uncle because she said that they are the only family that they have in Ueensland, and she referred to them as being a male and now her parents aren't talking to them, so it's very messy. Doesn't everyone say that you should never work with family. We clearly haven't listened to that one.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: After that launch, Lily was forced to move out of her home because she couldn't actually afford to pay her rent any longer. She said that she ended up selling a bunch of her stuff just to get cash to pay for removal us and after she sold all her stuff, her hair was falling out. She couldn't sleep, she broke out in hives. It had a really big impact on her well. She also said that she had to change managers because her manager at the time wasn't earning her enough money. And she spoke about how she had to put this facade online because she said, you can't really talk about your business struggles when you're the face of a brand. Let's have a listen to what she said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just like this icky, sad, stressful situation. But of course, like I'm still my own personal brand, so on Instagram, you can't pretend that everything's fine, can you. Everyone's still expecting you to show up every day like hey guys, everything's all good and sweet and like there's nothing wrong. But yeah, it was fucking dire, like really really stressful.
Speaker 2: My hair was falling out.
Speaker 1: I found that really interesting because a lot of people talk about how it's really important for influencers to be transparent, but when your business is so closely linked to your personal brand, it would be so tricky. And it does make a lot of sense because last year we spoke about how Lily's brand Chill launched these pajamas and they ended up smelling, and she was very defensive at the time, and I have a bit more empathy for her now because who knew that all of this was going on in the background. It's a hard one, isn't it, Because when you're trying to build confidence in a small brand, you hardly want to say to your potential consumers, oh, we've just lost one hundred and ten K, because you'd be thinking, well, am I actually gonna get pajamas if I go and buy them? So I can see why Lily kept this a secret. But it's great she's talking about it now because it makes her.
Speaker 2: A lot more likable.
Speaker 1: I think the fact that she's been able to turn her business around as well. It's obviously doing a lot better, which is probably why she's felt comfortable to share. Yeah, she did say that her business was on the up I also think it's a bit of a warning for other influencers because a lot of people. I mean, it was on Madison Woollie's podcast and she has also started her own business, and I could see her nodding her head in agreeance, because a lot of people just assume when you've got a built in audience that you're going to be very successful and your products are just going to sell. But the fact that she only sold one piece of clothing after a launch night is absolutely crazy. Yeah, I couldn't believe that because most of the time influencers like to put this rhetoric out there, we've sold out on everything, and you just think that anytime an influencer puts their name to a product, oh well, they're going to do well, it's going to sell out. But we've spoken about this before. Often influencers will only put out a small sample of clothing and they'll test out the market, and then they'll make this big song and dance that they've sold out, when an actual fact, maybe they've only sold one hundred products, and then they'll do a pre order and actually find out how many people really want the product. Another interesting thing Lily touched upon in that interview was the fact that she's moved into Jet Kenny's dad's house, So we did speak about that a couple of months ago. She confirmed that she's not paying any rent and basically all she has to do is cook Jet and his dad food. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me, especially in the current climate where rent is just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, she also said recently that Jet's friend and partner moved in, and she's like, that's cool. We have one wing of the house, and I mean, this is an absolute mansion that they're living in. Do you think one of the reasons why she didn't share about her financial struggles initially was because being an OG influencer sometimes they have to put across this facade that they're rich, and that's one of the reasons why people like to follow them, because their content is aspirational. Do you think she thought, fuck, no, one's going to want to follow me if I'm some broke influencer on the Gold Coast. It's ironic because a lot of the OG influencers do seem broke. It seems like they made a lot of money at the time and now they're having to revert to normal jobs. I mean, look at Michael Finch. He's back on the up because he's got a lot of TikTok followers now to do two million followers. Yeah, but he looks like he lives a pretty normal life, Like he's not flashing the cash anymore, he's not buying designer items, and he's probably doing better than he was back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I found it really interesting that Lily said that she spent all the money that she had earned on her influencing career and put it into this business, and then she put that figure of one hundred and ten k out there, Because does that mean that that's all she had saved up? Well, I think there's a lot of influencers out there who you assumer earning these big bucks, but actually I think they're more likely earning minimum wage. Yeah, but I think she would have been earning big bucks. I'm not saying that one hundred and ten thousand dollars is not a lot of money, but I would have thought the paychecks that were coming in she would have saved a lot more. I think that maybe she was spending a lot of money at the time. I think about her in the twenty seventeens, at the height of Lily Brown and Michael Finch and Chiny Grubin's fame, they were all buying like Balenciaga clothing, yeah, bags, And I don't think a lot of them thought about the future. They probably just thought, Wow, this money is going to continue throughout our careers. And it seems to have really dried up for a lot of influencers. Yeah, and the market is so saturated now that they're having to compete with people that really take content creation to the next level. They're creating ten TikTok videos a day. Well, I saw some crazy figure. It was something like there are twelve million influences in America right now. She so just shows you how oversaturated.
Speaker 2: This market is. Well, they're keeping our podcast in business.
Speaker 1: And goodness, this is what I look like naturally. Anna Paul is the latest influencer to reverse her cosmetic enhancements the only fans. Start announced to her seven point two million followers that she's reverting back to her natural appearance. This video has gone off on TikTok. It's already had four point six million views. And in the video you see Anna getting her lips dissolved and she also box eyed her hair back to its natural brown. I was surprised that she used a box style. I've seen her do it before her TikTok, and all I could think about was Sam Mangan, who actually is her business partner, going on about Karen's box dyeing their hair. It did look really nice, it was. It probably influenced a lot of people to try the box dies out, but that was not the point of the video. I want to throw to a grab of Anna's reaction after she got her lip filler dissolved.
Speaker 2: This is what I looked like when I was fourteen, Like the smile. I can't believe I didn't do this earlier. I feel so good.
Speaker 1: I looked at myself in the mirror sometimes and I thought something's off.
Speaker 2: It's because I altered my face, obviously.
Speaker 1: I could not get over the transformation. She looks absolutely incredible. She looks so much younger, for one thing, and really fresh. I think you forget that Anna Paul's only twenty five, because she's already had so much success in her career. But now with the lip filler dissolved, she looks twenty five, and I think that was a big motivator because in this TikTok. She did a throwback to what she used to look like at nineteen and twenty.
Speaker 2: I could not believe it. Her lips were so large.
Speaker 1: It was very that duck pout, so her lips had I've been getting smaller over time, But don't you think.
Speaker 2: We're seeing more of that now?
Speaker 1: Like obviously a few years ago, Molly May started the trend by dissolving her lips. I feel like a lot of influencers are thinking, now it's almost embarrassing to have those really big duck lips, because it seems like a trend that was very twenty seventeen and now very much people want to be natural. And if you think about it, a lot of those influences have hit mid twenties, and when you're younger, it's all about looking older, but when you start to approach your thirties, it's all about reversing time and looking younger. So can I just point out twenty five is so young?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: It definitely is, But a lot of these influencers are looking a lot older because of the cosmetic enhancements that they've had, and I think they suddenly realize that now. I don't think it is a coincidence that a lot of influencers get cosmetic procedures in the first place because they're always looking at themselves. It's kind of like when you're go on holiday and you're not used to seeing lots of photos of yourself, and you're like, is that what I look like?
Speaker 2: Yea, were not.
Speaker 1: Only I mean they're filming themselves, They're having to edit themselves. It would be absolutely hideous to stare at a photo of yourself. Even for example, when I worked as a journalist, having to hear your voice back every day, you suddenly start to pick these faults, you like, do I actually sound like? And now that podcast filming is a thing, like we are always picking ourselves apart on there. So I totally get it in saying that. I was so surprised the other day when I flipped on YouTube and my favorite YouTuber Sophie Jane Miller revealed that she got rhino pasty. So this surgery has completely come out of nowhere. She went mia on social media for a couple of weeks, which isn't unusual sometimes she's not so regular in posting videos, and then she returned with this vlog entitled I Got a nose job. Yeah, I was shocked as well, because, if I'm being honest, it was because I'd never noticed any kind of issue with Sophie's nose. She's a very conventionally good looking girl. Yeah, and Sophie later revealed in this vlog that she had gone to these great lengths not to show herself from certain angles because she didn't like the way her nose looked. It makes me want to look back at the videos because I actually was scrolling through her Instagram the other night being like, I am so shocked. And again, it is absolutely her decision whether she wants to have plastic surgery. She is entitled to make that decision.
Speaker 2: I wholeheartedly agree.
Speaker 1: With that it's her body, her choice, But I can't deny that I felt sad because the fact that she thought that she needed to change something on her face. And I was thinking about the people that follow her and probably were also shocked by this announcement. And I think we can all agree that, yes, it's her decision, but also feel sad about it because this is a major surgery for someone to have. Yeah, And I think it ties into what you were saying before about how much of that came down to watching herself back and picking herself apart because her job is being a content creator, or how much of it came from people picking her apart in comments about something that wasn't an issue. I mean, her nose looks incredible now after the surgery.
Speaker 2: It looked incredible before.
Speaker 1: And she has got a lot of praise for actually sharing her surgery online. A lot of people have said, Oh, I'm glad that you were transparent about it. I mean, I think it would have been pretty obvious if she had come back from a two week break and suddenly her nose was looking slightly different.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, she was very open in the comment section. So she did reply to someone saying that they weren't sure about how they felt about her sharing the experience, and she said that it was a catch twenty two for her. She wrote, half of me didn't want to promote it at all, but the other half wanted to be completely honest, and I never wanted to lie slash not say that I had it done. I tend to agree with her, and I don't know how I feel about all of this because recently Indy Clinton got slammed because she went offline for a couple of weeks she said she was taking a break and she came back with a breast augmentation, and she was forced to come out and say, yes, I did get a boob job, but I didn't really want to promote it. And it was an interesting decision for her because that would have been great content for her TikTok that would have gone off.
Speaker 2: It would have got lots of views.
Speaker 1: Well, I Respectdy for not sharing it, but I also respect Sophie for sharing her journey because people might say, oh, but she's promoting it. I watched the volog and I thought, fuck, I couldn't think of anything worse than getting a nose job, because she went through the realities of the recovery process, and she even spoke about when she got the bandages off, and she said, at first I thought, oh my god, what have I done. I don't like my nose. And I think that would make a lot of people who were considering getting the surgery think twice and think, well, do I really want to go.
Speaker 2: Through all of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I suppose it depends how an influencer actually documents their journey. I think you can tell when an influencer has got the procedure for free, and everything's glossed over. I do think that there is a difference between being transparent and actually promoting the surgery. So I do like it when influencers come out and say, oh, yes, I've had X, Y, and Z done, But I still am on the fence about actually documenting the process because I do think even if you do share the bad side of it, it does come across as promotional. But INSIGHT's instant because it was quite a shock to people because she'd never spoken about her nose being insecurity. I feel like she almost had to put that content out there kind of as an explanation. Like if she had just popped up on her channel saying, oh, and I've got a nose job, but I don't want to speak about it.
Speaker 2: Everyone be like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, it does depend on the relationship you have with your audience, I suppose. I mean that sort of content is just so prevalent now on TikTok, particularly in the space of breast implants, like there are so many influences documenting their procedures, and again you have the other side of it, where there's so many people getting explant surgeries and documenting that. So, I honestly don't know how I feel about it. I think it depends on each individual case and how the influencer.
Speaker 2: Deals with it.
Speaker 1: But do you think it's a bit different as well, Because with a breast augmentation, if you're not sharing, say, bikini photos of yourself, not everyone's gonna instantly notice that you've had it done. But if you go off and have a nose job or something that's a very prominent feature on your face, people are gonna be asking questions about it. Yeah, you're not as easy to cover up. No, you can't really hide it, can you. I mean, back in the day celebrities would be like, oh, yes, I always had an injury to my nose that I just needed to keep fixed.
Speaker 4: His worth crime is just that he's a bit boring, which is not illegal.
Speaker 1: Lifestyle influencer Olivia White has defended Matt Szakowski's behavior on a recent influencer trip. The thirty five year old influencer stepped in after her vision from the event was used to build what she says was a false narrative. Now, Amy, before we dive into it, can you bring us up to speed. Yeah, so we spoke about this. On Tuesday, some photos emerged of Matt Zakowski out and about on an influencer trip, and he was seeing canoodling with a brunette woman and.
Speaker 2: Also a blonde woman.
Speaker 1: I love the word canoodling. Yeah, a lot of people put two and two together and came up with five.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: I mean, I thought it was blown majorly out of proportion. But I suppose he's just been so shady in the past that everyone came to a conclusion that he must be cheating.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So basically these images popped up on Reddit and then the Daily Mail ran with the headline it or something like Matt Skakowski seen chatting up brunette woman in pub. But these women were part of an influencer trip that Matt was on. I do want to point out we have only identified two of the women. So I had a bit of an argument off air with Sophie because I said, you guys, name two of the influencers that were on the trip, but the main one in question from having a stalk, I believe she was a friend of Amy Petriviv. I don't think she was actually a part of the trip. I think she must have met up with him at the bar. But let's be honest, the facial expression that she was pulling did not say that she was interested in that. She looked like she was rolling her eyes. She also had her arms crossed against her chest. So this influencer trip was for a private jet company called flight Club I did love. On Matt's post, the number one comment was did Tammy pay for this? Because he didn't actually disclose the partnership properly well to make that as worse. While all of this was unfolding, tam was in Greece for her retreat that she's running. Oh I kept seeing photos pop up of her in bikinis and she got absolutely roasted in the comments because one of the photos showed off her new breast implants and people were like, I can see nipple and they're being just so awful.
Speaker 2: Yes, people are very harsh.
Speaker 1: Now, on Tuesday, we discussed some very bizarre looking footage that ended up on an influencer Snark page. And so now we're quite confused by the vision because it looked like CCTV vision. But it turns out that this vision was actually filmed by influencer Olivia White. So Olivia has weighed into this drama. She told her followers that she was invited on this trip and she actually set up a time lapse to capture the social darts element of this event. And the reason the vision looked weird is because the time lapse was drastically zoomed in. Let's have a listen to what Olivia said.
Speaker 4: All the ones being like a spy has like intentionally set up a camera.
Speaker 2: No, that was me.
Speaker 4: That was that was my video of me just filming us playing darts, you know, sharing the thing that we were doing.
Speaker 2: That is like work.
Speaker 1: Now, Olivia said she felt compelled to set the record straight on what actually went down, as her vision was being used to build I quote, a false story.
Speaker 2: Now before we.
Speaker 1: Throw to more of what Olivia had to say for context, Olivia posts a lot of content about Disney and Taylor Swift, Yes, particularly leading into the Eerie Store.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: So she does refer to Matt as Mike who was the green one eyed monster from Disney. Let's have listened to what she said.
Speaker 3: But there was a.
Speaker 2: Guy that came on the trip. I didn't know him, never met him.
Speaker 4: His names like Mike Wazowski and there's like.
Speaker 1: Now freaking all these articles and pages like Daily Mail, like apparently like some.
Speaker 2: Big escandalo and I'm just like, where do people get this stuff? Because I was there.
Speaker 4: I was there. In fact, half of this was taken from my content, my stories, and the stuff that these people are saying is wild.
Speaker 2: And people were like, oh my god, he was like talking to girls. There was like ten of us.
Speaker 4: And like literally he might have said one thing to like one person, but he was literally just hanging out with the boys.
Speaker 2: And I was like, it's a bit doochey.
Speaker 1: It sounds like Matt was on strict instructions do not talk to any girls on this trip. He is aware that all eyes are on him in the lead up to this wedding. Yeah, I can imagine Tammy and her sisters laying down the law for him. It's pretty funny that Olivia labeled him douchey and said that he was very cold to all the women there. I mean, I can see now why he had to be, because literally a photo of him sort of standing next to a girl looking very unimpressed by his presence has caused a lot of headaches for him right now. What I don't get is why did the Daily Mail pick up on this and run with it? But literally days earlier, Megan Bissetto had done a full podcast outlining all of these shady things that he allegedly did, and we don't have one article written about it. I get the vibe that the Daily Mail don't want to attribute stuff to so dramatic because they are a rival of theirs, But still, I mean, it's such Her podcast was so juicy and the details in that were much more revealing than him just standing next to a woman at an influencer event.
Speaker 2: I mean, apparently the.
Speaker 1: Whole thing was wrapped up by seven pm and they got home to Melbourne a couple of hours later. The Daily Mail was proposing it as his boozy night out. It sounded all very bizarre, like they were playing darts with one another. I mean, why did he even agree to go on this trip, Like was he paid or was it just for the experience of flying on a private jet? The fact he didn't tag them or put paid partnership. I think it was just a bit of a free bet. Maybe Tammy was away and he thought it might be fun to go. It's quite funny because while Olivia has gone into bat for mate, and she's tried to set the record straight about his behavior. She hasn't particularly painted him in the best light, like as you said, she called him a douchebag, a lot of backhanded compliments. I was like, yeah, he wasn't flirting with those girls because he was he thought he was better than everyone that didn't talk to any of us. I think we should throw more to what she said, because it was very entertaining.
Speaker 4: My first impression of him was kind of that he was about as interesting as a spachelor, like, but that was like his worst crime on this trip. And I don't know about anything else because this seems to be like a whole thing, you know, so I don't know any kind of backstory or whatever. I'm just talking about this instance specifically, And like I did notice, I was looking at his posts about this and he had tagged flight Center instead of flight Club, which was actually who we were there with. And I was like, I think he's a bit daff but you know, not illegal to be a bit, you know, not sharpest tool in the shed vibes.
Speaker 1: Olivia finished up by saying that she hopes wasn't offended by her analysis, but knows he probably won't look at her account anyway. Well, she even went as far to say that he was boring, which she said isn't illegal, but probably not a great person to be having on an influencer trip where you're trying to get to know people and you're playing.
Speaker 2: Darts and socializing.
Speaker 1: Maybe not so fun to hang around, but the company must be absolutely thrilled that the promotion that this has given them. Let's get into our highs and lows of the week, Amy, I'll kick us off. My high of the week is I have recently joined a Facebook group called Mum's Christmas Facebook. It is exceptional. It has one hundred and fifty thousand members, and it is getting me so excited for Christmas. Of course, tomorrow is November one, which I think is the appropriate time to start getting festive. I think everyone's getting into it earlier and earlier each year, because I have seen a lot of chat on Instagram and TikTok saying look November first, that is officially when we can start celebrating Christmas. Well, some of these women in this Facebook group, they've gone too far, so I sorry, I disagree. No, okay, get this. They have already put their Christmas trees up fully decorated. Yeah, but yours isn't decorated. They've also bought every single one of their Christmas presents for their family members and wrapped them what.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe it. I could not believe it actually got alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it actually made me feel stressed. But part of the fun I think of Christmas shopping is when you go to the shops and there's decorations and there's carols playing. Like so many of the shops, they don't actually put their official Christmas decorations up until Santa is in the store. So while they might be selling Christmas decorations, they're not playing carols. They don't have their own in store decorations set up.
Speaker 2: It's not a vibe.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose this is a mum's Facebook group and maybe they don't have the time to be out and about shopping with everyone else.
Speaker 2: So how do they have.
Speaker 1: The time pre Christmas to do it? Well, a lot of them are said that they buy things throughout the year, but I don't know how that works with kids, because normally you take them to see stand and then they'll tell Santa what they want Anyway, I'm not shitting on this scrip because I very much enjoy it. There looks like there's some amazing women in there that are giving some brilliant advice. And I came across this thing that I want to do for Jack so and I feel a bit of pressure because when you guys have kids, you're gonna have to do the same thing as me. So I feel pressure if I'm going to start a new tradition. But it's called a December First Box. So originally I thought I wanted to do a Christmas Eve box, but these December First boxes make more sense to me because you give them to your child at the start of December, and they have things like Christmas pajamas and Christmas activities and Christmas books that you can actually enjoy throughout the whole month, rather than getting them all on Christmas Eve. The only person I've ever seen do this is Anastasia King's North's mum.
Speaker 2: The Christmas Eve Box. Yeah, and I always I agree.
Speaker 1: I think, well, why the fuck do they want these pajamas? They can for one night. I told Dale your idea of doing this, and he's like, oh my god, are you serious?
Speaker 2: Like that is just so over the top.
Speaker 1: But I was like, oh no, she's probably gonna have bought that stuff for Jack anyway. But it's cute thing of them getting excited for the holiday season. Yeah, I already had all of the stuff, and I'm like, oh, I just need to make a box. So I want to do a bit of a DIY. I might put it on my TikTok.
Speaker 2: Should I be so cute?
Speaker 1: Sorry, if you filmed every year Jack opening the box, because imagine having that for X amount of years and even getting to see like because you've got to remember those pajamas for him when he grows up. That will be like vintage Christmas pajamas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also I want to point out you don't have to always put new things in this box.
Speaker 2: It can be recycled things.
Speaker 1: So it might be that you have a special Christmas book that you put in the box every year, the same one, and you just refresh it with a few new things. There's so many good things at the op shops right now is a good time to go and check out the Christmas decorations. That is a good recommendation. Now I get to my love of the week. It is Christmas related as well, I have been hanging out to take Jack to the Christmas pageant. He will be five months next week, and Reese was telling me, Oh, he's too young to go. He won't enjoy it. Guess who's going to enjoy it?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: I wanted to go. I wanted to get into the Christmas I wanted you to go. I wanted his grandparents to go. I thought it would be a great kickstart to the Christmas season. Unfortunately, it's thirty three degrees that day. Normally I would love it, but I can't take him out in thirty three degree weather. So We're gonna have to watch it on the TV. And I'm so disappointed. Wait are we coming over to watch it with you?
Speaker 2: We can? I mean, because I think we should do.
Speaker 1: Like a big like brunch or something and make it a bit of a Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm all for that.
Speaker 1: I'm all for starting new Christmas tradition. So if anyone out there has any Christmas traditions that they think are great for kids, because I'm on the fence about doing Elf on the shelf. I don't think I have to do it this year, but I was thinking of putting the Elf on the shelf in Jack's December first box. Oh maybe Elf on the Shelf could do something each week or something not every day. Yeah, he's gone to stay for a week.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 1: So my high of the week, it's a pretty exciting one. It's that I am going to be extending my family to an extra kitten.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, Yes, So a lot of the listeners might already know that. I have two beautiful rag dolls called Gigi and Bentley, and Dale's mum. She's got a property up in the hills, and a cat has given birth to these four kittens, and they're looking for good homes for them. This cat is the spitting image of our family, our previous family cat Lulu, and also theatre. And I saw this cat and I had just this connection with it. I was like, oh my god, I love it. I didn't think anything of it because I think Dale's already has enough fluff from the two cats to deal with. He's not a huge animal person. So I nearly died the next day when he said to me, I've been thinking about you and that cat.
Speaker 2: And I think you should get it.
Speaker 1: Well, what's the difference between two and three cats? I mean, it'd be different if it was a dog. Yeah, So I am looking for name suggestions. We believe it's a little girl, so I was thinking of Winnie, but I suggested Winnie because gg was named after Gigi had did. We also had Lulu, which is old, an old model, so I'm thinking Winnie.
Speaker 2: Harlowe. Yeah, well, Harlow very popular in the moment thanks to Sarah's day.
Speaker 1: Well, Winnie works because if a ends out that this kitten is a boy, it can be a boys name. It can be Winston. So anyway, Winnifred. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now my low of the week is that Anna Kendrick's new movie has come out on Netflix.
Speaker 2: It's been number one in Australia.
Speaker 1: Please don't talk about it because I hate scary movies and you started telling me about it and it's just freaked me out. No, it's good. I mean, it's worth watching. I was watching it by myself, so I wouldn't recommend that. But anyway, because she has been everywhere at the moment, we've spoken about it before, a lot of people think that Iron particular look like Anna Kendrick.
Speaker 2: I did get it when I was in Utah as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so now everyone keeps coming out of the woodwhere they're like, oh my god, you look like Anna Kendrick.
Speaker 2: You look at Anna Kendrick.
Speaker 1: Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it's just been quite.
Speaker 2: Quite overwhelming the amount of people saying it.
Speaker 1: Well, it depressed me because there was a troll comment director to Anna Kendrick saying, oh, can this middle aged woman stop winging? And I was like middle aged woman? And then I'm like, she's thirty nine, And then I had this spiral because I'm like, wow, forty actually is probably considered middle aged. How fucking good does she look for thirty nine. You'd never think that she was thirty nine. It looks like she's mid twenties. I actually really enjoyed her interview on Call Her Daddy.
Speaker 2: I need to listen to this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I just want to be friends with her. After listening to her talking on there, one of the funny things that she'd actually discussed was one of her biggest fears, which is people seeing her natural hair. So she presents herself with straight hair, but what is it naturally she presents straight so well, Basically Alex Cooper said to her, what is the most high maintenance thing about you, and she said, it's actually my.
Speaker 2: Hair because I have I'm like a secret Curly.
Speaker 3: Why I'm like a secret like like like Kerrie Russell and Felicity level Curly, you have gorgeous hair.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what my hair looks like? With her wealth, why does she not get it chemically straightened?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, but she said that he has become such a big deal that she has never shown her friends up until recently what her natural hair looks like. So she's said that she had to do kind of this big reveal chat to warn her friends, like, I'm coming down, this is what my hair looks like just after drive blow dried it.
Speaker 2: It's not nice.
Speaker 1: And she said that she even did a reveal to her therapist because it was such a huge concern of hers. So it made me like her even more because you think these movie stars, what issues do they have?
Speaker 3: Hm?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's not a huge one, but.
Speaker 2: It also made me think I really want to see what her hair looks like. I know, I can only imagine. I mean I kind of relate.
Speaker 1: I don't like my hair naturally dried, but I now wear it wet and a pulled back in a ponytail all the time. Well, on that note, I probably could talk about hair for another two hours, but we will leave you to the rest of your Oh my, no, we'll leave you to the rest of your Thursday. Thank you again for listening. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaid Planes. We pay respect to Elder's past and present and if you do enjoy the show, tomorrow we are dropping a subscriber only episode which we were about to record now. Yes, and don't forget to follow Outspoken on TikTok and also on Instagram. And while you're away, Kate so Thin and I kept plugging our own TikTok quite insufferable.
Speaker 2: Well, I actually am.
Speaker 1: Putting up a recent TikTok of our Halloween party and how I managed to get all this shit organized in about two hours, So if you want to check that out, and if I get my act together, I might put a TikTok off about my first of December podcast. Yes, definitely. Well, thank you guys so much for listening.