Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: In every house everybody has that chunk draw. You don't really know what it originally stored. One day you're just trying to open it, and often something like a screwdrivers, some random things like channel. It stops even opening it, and then when you open it it's just a sorted cramp.
Speaker 3: I think it overflows because there's so many stuff in our life that doesn't have a place to go.
Speaker 4: It's like, shove it in that draw, junk random draw. So it starts for us. It's started off. I put put the.
Speaker 2: Batteries right classic one, and I got an old, you know, cutlery drawer.
Speaker 4: So when I get pack the double, a's where the nice mate go.
Speaker 3: It's clever.
Speaker 4: Well, nothing in my life.
Speaker 2: You've seen the state of the studio. Nothing can stay in there. I can't color within the lines. There's a saying life and there's a kid at school. So now it's like it's not batteries anymore. There's like foreign coins. Uh, there's just like old sort of child must be a nest of various charging cables, some small torches. Then there's plasses as well, and some neurofan.
Speaker 3: Yes, actually Gordy can access the draw the miscellaneousdraw on what he loves at the moment is band aids, because he put at any one time he's got five band aids on him up and down his corner.
Speaker 2: Rio more time learning language than playing doctors and nurses. Needs a few words with that, young Gordy, So PASSI what have you got in your junk draw?
Speaker 5: You know? Probably the most ridiculous thing Chris inherited when both his parents passed this. I don't know. It's like a firelighter thing from their old fireplace. It's like a big thirty centimeter.
Speaker 2: Thing inheritance pieces. Nowin're going to say inherited, is that's drunk draw?
Speaker 4: All these old.
Speaker 5: But it has absolutely no use. And I think it's got sentimental sort of value to him because he was the one that used to help win.
Speaker 3: Is it one of those things that click click click in.
Speaker 4: Your wildly available every seven eleven?
Speaker 5: And so it's a weird thing. Actually looks like an old fountain pin. But apparently they used it to start up their old fire bank in their old house. I don't know, I haven't seen it before, but it's so long and it always gets stuck up the top of the drawer.
Speaker 4: Doesn't it work anymore?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You've got that in your drunk draw Yes, it's family heirlooms.
Speaker 3: You can't throw it away because.
Speaker 4: One of the junk draw I know.
Speaker 5: It's like, where else do you put it?
Speaker 2: Like grandads in there? Oh that's granded in man, I just need those double as actually, but.
Speaker 5: I curse it every day because it gets stuck.
Speaker 4: It's like.
Speaker 2: In the way I might get my ashes. You know, you can have your your your ashes turn into anything. I might come back as double a battery, you know, because I'm used to the kids. They have still loved Dad charging them up.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: What is in your junk drawer at home? Nine four one four one o four three Hey be of good morning.
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning everyone morning.
Speaker 4: They take us to them. What's random stuff in that junk draw home?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I have in my in my kitchen bottom drawer every key from every house.
Speaker 4: I have moved in random keys.
Speaker 6: Including you know, luggage locks and everything else. In fact, I even have teeth doating back forty five years ago from the house in the UK where I used.
Speaker 7: To live as a kid.
Speaker 6: Oh my God, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: To take a road show them next time they're down under.
Speaker 6: And you know why I can't throw them out because I guess you know, there's that emotional connection, not that I even know which one is emotional.
Speaker 2: Take you five days to get back into the old house, it's not that one.
Speaker 4: And I've got a window locked for around the back.
Speaker 6: But it's also I'm really scared if I threw them out, what if somebody has found them and broke into somebody's house and then it chased back to me.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of thoughts.
Speaker 2: Draw It was like a draw for thoughts, if you only.
Speaker 4: Had a drawer that you could put those old sort of strangers. I do know what you mean.
Speaker 2: Only throughout a couple of weeks ago, I was having a big sort out the keys to my old house that we had seven years ago, that I lived in for twelve years and the kids were raised. And I found it very I found it actually quite emotional getting rid of the old key. You're right, it's out front door. It's a it's knowing that you can never go back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, but you've still got a place in your heart for it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, the keys to my heart. Draw all right, lovely cool, Thank you very much for sharing. Have a good week.
Speaker 6: Bye.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Christian o' kyle's show.
Speaker 2: Podcast Russian this morning. What's in that random junk draw? Every home house one? It's either always at the top or the bottom, never in the middle. It's one or the other. Jack Whear's yours?
Speaker 3: Where at the bottom?
Speaker 4: Got to move up there, young son of rummaging around in there? Patsy, where's yours?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm going to be contra. No house is in the middle.
Speaker 2: Oh you're a middle Jordan Babbage? Babbage, what a surname, sir. That's like an old sort of VFL fullback Babbage has it. Babbage was a rough, old dirty player in my mind. Countless instruction manuals are those ones where you're going to throw them out. I've got a friend of mine who has them in a four folder, all of those clear and the light in the alphabet as.
Speaker 4: I could never be that person. It's always because you always wondering.
Speaker 2: I might need to know what that symbol F twelve era nine thousand and one means.
Speaker 4: So I just get my instruction manuals out. And that's a toaster. We haven't. We got married twenty five years, don't own any more. Where have they gone? Good morning, Dell, Hello morning, how are you. I'm going down a great weekend. What is in your junk draw Well.
Speaker 8: I haven't got your random, normal junk draw I have got the biggest loly shop you can think of.
Speaker 4: So what have you got in their lobbies?
Speaker 9: I've got lollies.
Speaker 8: Of chocolate and I know exactly where every sina. If anyone touches it, there's big trouble.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone breaks in.
Speaker 2: I think you can tell the police that's the prince.
Speaker 4: I will and then hound them into there.
Speaker 8: I love it. I know what's on the left, I know what's on the right, and it's moved.
Speaker 2: We'll get out all right down on a rampage, all right.
Speaker 4: Down, lovely stuff, Thank you, thank you?
Speaker 3: Was that the bog and we got warned about still coming up?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Good No, it's always good to know in advance. Lynn, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you all.
Speaker 4: We're great, Lena. Did you have a good weekend? Lynn?
Speaker 7: Absolutely? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: And Lynn? What's in your junk drawer?
Speaker 7: Well, we'll start off with those super little white pizza tables that come with takeaway pizzas.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, it's like a little table from ill.
Speaker 7: I don't know, let's just say it. I've got a little container of hair ties. I got some juice box things I brought that don't fit the juice boxes. You know, they containers for the juice boxes. It doesn't fit, and bad and trucked them out.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was a.
Speaker 7: Bare e bay. Fine. Oh I've got I've got a tape measure.
Speaker 2: I've got shoelacesola, but always that tape measure.
Speaker 4: Always in the junk draw.
Speaker 7: All the little containers. If the lemon chicken sauce came in, I got it. We used to call it a junk drawer in my day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we're still doing these days. Is this what it is? It's the junk drawer, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: And if that's the cleaned up version too, I clean amount a while ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, I can't believe those pizza box fox white tables.
Speaker 7: Well, you never know, you might need to put one on top of the cake when you put blood.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, all right then, Lynn, thank you very much. You go, okay, sane Susie question, good morning, good morning, Susi're welcome show. What's in your junk drawing.
Speaker 9: I just thought it was, you know, real keepsake my two daughters first haircut, and also my partner's haircut when he had a long ponytail. It was beautiful, long and curly and a ginger color. And I've put them all in separate bags and labeled them. And I've actually just realized that my daughter's got her dolly's first haircut in a bag as well. She wanted to add to the collection.
Speaker 4: Is it just is it just the hair in bags in that draw?
Speaker 9: No triple A batteries. We've got some super glues, We've got suction cut books.
Speaker 6: We've got.
Speaker 2: Doorhooks on the back of those doors, the hooks, yes, yeah, yeah, We've.
Speaker 9: Got dice, random dice from games and old torch.
Speaker 4: I thought, I thought the hair because obviously that a personal thing, especially that beautiful ginger ponytail, would go somewhere, you know, like in a special draw in the bedroom or something.
Speaker 9: We just couldn't find appropriate spots, shot mary condos or dealt with that.
Speaker 3: She went, does it still spark joy the ginger ponytails?
Speaker 4: Because it does?
Speaker 1: My god, You and I've often dreamed of having a beautiful strawberry ponytail boken out the back, any proper gentleman, what is it gorgeous looking?
Speaker 9: He went totally bored after that, so I knew he'd never grow that here again.
Speaker 4: So he went He went.
Speaker 2: Baled, but had the ponytail, not seeing that sort of sort of friar sort of monk look.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Once he got rid of the ponytail, he shoved it, and then it got shorter, and as he got balder, it got shorter, and now he's just bucks zero cut your bogs cut.
Speaker 2: Zero goes An addresses. I just want to zero actually minus five.
Speaker 4: Please to me.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been chatting about your fellows a dome. All my mind's in a car ride.
Speaker 4: Now the head I told you not to talk about the porn.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could get some of that alpatchy hairs from the kids.
Speaker 4: Make a cheap two pale work quilt for his hair.
Speaker 9: Draw with super police.
Speaker 3: He's such caps as well.
Speaker 2: Ponytail on the front, have it going forward. The ponytail is coming all forward. I'd love a guy I'd work from a boss who had that can look forward coat ponytail.
Speaker 4: All right, Susie, thank you very.
Speaker 9: Much to give us a call thank you have a good joke.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian Common Show podcast