Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast. It is Flex and Frooms on cater.
Speaker 2: You know, when you are maintaining a habit so well and then the weekend comes and you're off your game. Now, I was okay, great, so let's continue. I didn't realize I haven't done my Dutch in three days because I took a weekend off and then the habit disappear. So scary, so spooky, but it's coming back everyone, and you know, it's also so cool. My TikTok algorithm knows that I'm learning Dutch, so it sends me Dutch specific content like memes and stuff. And I'm learning a lot about Dutch stereotypes through TikTok, Like it's telling me that Dutch people are quite steretically speaking, if you are.
Speaker 1: Like quite cold and.
Speaker 2: Not quite like light and humorous and not like passive aggressive a lot of the time, so it's really interesting for me. Don't respond well to like banter and stuff like that, which I think is quite interesting. If you attempt to spreak natal LUNs wow to a Dutch person and you let it slip that you're actually not a native speaker, they'll just switch to English on you.
Speaker 1: I like that. I won't switch back good because they want to practice their English on you.
Speaker 3: You want to statute.
Speaker 1: That they said, this is out Field and Jacklie. Anyway, here's a potty, this is flex and Rooms on Kaita Flexi.
Speaker 4: I received quite a startling DM a few saturdays ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you received.
Speaker 2: A lot of those, Like your ratio of startling dms is quite high. I find myself very confused. So when people get the gall and the gumption.
Speaker 4: Literally, I do know the male fan base is still on board. I did get it. You're pretty hot a few a few days ago, good days. And you know what came from a man who said you're with no E and said, yo, you aren't. For some reason, they hit different in a really good way.
Speaker 2: Speaking about guys being into you, we did have a comment on our flex and Frooms page about they would pay anything for your feet.
Speaker 1: Your feet, babes, babes, and I've been given it. I've been taking pictures of rooms his feet and putting them out.
Speaker 2: For free, and they're telling him mark it and takes some bts feet picks and start cashing in.
Speaker 1: My king likes a purple foot.
Speaker 4: I do have terrible circulation, so please look for the purple foot on feeds.
Speaker 1: Near you today.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I get a DM that first tiggles me pink and second makes me question who I am in the world and where I stand.
Speaker 1: A man messages me and he says, cut the cameras. That's it. Facts.
Speaker 4: He said something very disturbing, and it involved getting back at his girlfriend. Not only disturbing, it's out of touch, it's abrasive. It requires so much boldness that I wonder you already have the confidence you'reniquing.
Speaker 1: You don't need to extract more from fruby.
Speaker 4: But please, He's sent it at ten forty five, so I'm assuming maybe he was like four drinks DP.
Speaker 1: Can we just hang out together and take selfies? My girl friend to hide? Hello, how are you?
Speaker 4: My girlfriend cheated on me and he's a fan of yours, loulol. He obviously had spelted incorrectly.
Speaker 1: Perhaps to take me off.
Speaker 4: You're lou, he said lou, meaning to say ollo, Well, I think he was throwing me off the scent, you know, cheeky.
Speaker 1: I said it wrong.
Speaker 4: This isn't pre meditated when in reality this was a premeditated defense.
Speaker 2: You did share this with your audience and were quite surprised by the overwhelming response.
Speaker 4: Literally, the most liked comment on the post was hang out with.
Speaker 1: This person, give them a smooch. Are you serious?
Speaker 2: The bar is subterranean, the bar is an Atlantis, the bar is an Earth's core.
Speaker 4: So this was quite This brought up a lot of emotions and past trauma for me.
Speaker 1: I will say the T word because you don't really mess with a T word like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a half mess. It's an unresolved feeling. I don't know how I feel. I have a track record and I don't want to speak this into existence.
Speaker 1: No, you can just tell the truth.
Speaker 4: I feel like there is a track record with men pursuing me to get back at people. I have a large woman audience. It's actually like, for a while it was pretty balanced. It was balanced between like seventy thirty. I had a fifty to fifty audience since I was like a chick DJ.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of that.
Speaker 4: The women are popping, and I must say they are a loyal bunch. The audience is engaged and they have been giving me love for quite a few years. Now, so thank you those who are there pre COVID, I particularly appreciate you. We talk about this often. The real ones know anyway, the idea that I would meet up with a man to get back at one of my loyal followers who is a fan enough that she has told her man her partner, which is a big deal, you know, getting the men on board as if respectfully, And you've actually offended me, and I'm freaking out. Okay, this is the first time I believe that a man has pursued me in order to get back at the X or in order to get clout in their respective city clout.
Speaker 2: And whenever I say it, I feel like people think that I'm being facetious or my head she's too big. Real instances, people aren't quiet about wanting proximity to clout. It's not a quiet thing. People will cloud deems with their whole chest. I don't want to one up you, but I've been on an entire date. I was bamboozled take an eye on a date to then hear that the reason why we're on this date is so he could tell his ex girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine. I can't help but feel that.
Speaker 4: People out themselves around you.
Speaker 2: Oh, they can't help her in a way, which I would think is like a quite dangerous thing to do because I am really opinionated generally, I don't think I'm the safest person to out yourself around because I would say, more often than not, I tell people not to be themselves around me.
Speaker 1: You want a burp? No, you want a fart.
Speaker 5: That's on you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: If that's on New Brookie. Brookies is a big dogs.
Speaker 2: You can handle it, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, in this instance, I'm not a safe place to land. I'm not, but it really scares me because I really feel like the older that we get and with the more people interact with, we should be developing a base level of trust and understanding. I don't like this idea that you've created and cultivated a safe space for yourself by sharing the information about yourself, by being open, by being honest, and people infiltrate that and take advantage of it in such a demeaning way. I don't think someone could conceptualize how hurtful that is. Yeah, So like like hang out with this guy. It's like, do you hear what's happening here? You've been reduced to a pawn in someone's like magical game.
Speaker 1: Your ex doesn't what you baby, she cheated so.
Speaker 2: Already the phrase you could already your bottom of the barrel for me can't bring.
Speaker 1: You up from the hell house you're residing.
Speaker 4: She doesn't care for you, king, So why would I listen?
Speaker 1: Misery loves company.
Speaker 2: That's number one, number one, And I said, pay me and I'll keep it hurt people. I actually hate it so much. But what I hate more than him reaching out, because you know, I kind of applaud confidence in some in some instances. But what pains me more is that so many people couldn't see the issue with it. That is spooky to me.
Speaker 1: And I'd be like, oh my god, yes, go on a date with this king, like help him out? Ill, Why would I do that? People are sick. I'm not looking for a bitter rebound.
Speaker 4: Man's also, so think about me, okay, think about my needs as a woman. Obviously they're un met in this scenario.
Speaker 2: And also, don't let someone tell you twice they don't want you. That's just like that's just like a little bit of a little bit of advice. Generally, this person's told you once in the most horrific way possible that they don't want you.
Speaker 1: Don't let them tell you twice.
Speaker 4: And pull me into this mess sickos.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. Let me turn off your messages. I don't know what like when every now and then for me will send.
Speaker 2: Me or show me what people have said to her in her messages. And it's a certain lack of respect that I think that people struggle with because you're a funny person, so they assume it's like a no holds barred everything's a joke.
Speaker 1: Let's just like rid basic respect.
Speaker 2: Whereas I'm on the extreme end of the spectrumhen people fear being called out as you should. So like I bullied people into manners, Everyone's like.
Speaker 1: Hello, hell like dive flex, how are you?
Speaker 2: Could you please tell me where the shirt is? Yeah, every time the shirts from you know wherever it's from.
Speaker 1: But on you and everyone's like, nah, she can hang, she can hang, she can she's a big dogs.
Speaker 2: Just one of us, And now oh I can't hang. They're talking about your body to.
Speaker 1: Someone said you lived in.
Speaker 2: Squalor say we live in Scholar because you don't have a balcony.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Sydney. Listen.
Speaker 4: It's as we know. I've spoken about the boobs often. The boobs are a bi contentious one.
Speaker 1: Men and women. They can't help themselves.
Speaker 2: They really can't help themselves, like no sea of the consequence, and that's what spooks me often.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know me, I don't want to be the cops seek to people who go out of the way to DM me, but it does test my patience. And I will say it sounds overstated. Most of the dms I get are amazing. They're memes people are thinking of me. I just love the idea that I'm in your thoughts but not in your words towards me.
Speaker 1: Okay, unless you want to say I'm a.
Speaker 4: Pretty princess or that I've changed your life through many means, keeps yourself love.
Speaker 1: Literally did you respond to him?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I just put it on my Instagram and I went back and needle it. Obviously it's all good to have regrets.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but this is why I stay on the screenshot button. Shit, nothing, nothing will be hidden from me. The moment said someone says something out to turn it's screenshot, Like someone says to me, where's that from? I said, so where's your please and thank you from And they're like, oh sorry, I hob it over that instant story. Let me leave.
Speaker 1: I don't want to fight and I want to fight. Listen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks guys, Keita, Flex and Froomes, Flex and froms. Listen, anyone who is a fan of love and people doing awkward things, You've come to the right place.
Speaker 1: I have a love line.
Speaker 4: It's been sent in from one of our listeners. Her name is sof Hi surf Hi. We're gonna get to the bottom of your little tiny love line dilemma that you've sent in. No voice note this time, so do use my voice acting skills.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can hire me a creative rap. She's not joking too, a bit desperate, but that's fine. Hey, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 4: I went on a date with a guy last week and I I have the biggest ick and I wanted to check with you if you think it's justified already. I have some thoughts on the ick, but we'll continue.
Speaker 1: We're post ike at flexen Frooms. But you know it is what it is.
Speaker 4: We know it's indicative of a different issue. Let me continue. He mentioned that he wanted to take me out dancing and I love a boogy myself, so I was really excited. He sent me an address and I rocked up, expecting it to be a club. But it wasn't a club. It was an arcade with the dance mat.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: We were easily the oldest ones there and he was really into it. It didn't even look like he was good. In fact, there were children pointing and laughing. When I say I had the ike, all of the hairs in the back of my neck stood up and me couldn't get away from him quick enough. It sucks because we really vibe when texting. Can I get past it? Or once you get the ick, does it never really go away? So question is oldest time myself. Oh so it's saying like the ick is kind of like a virus. It mutates, it grows. Okay, maybe an ick is way more complex than I thought. I think it might be. I, straight off the bat, have an opinion on any kind of arcade, situation, beat, a bowling alley, laser tag, or any kind of manufunctured fun minigal.
Speaker 1: You're a hater. I have a curse okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Where when I'm dating someone and we go and do one of these activities.
Speaker 2: The relationships, you seem like someone who gives off the vibe of enjoying those things. So I can understand that's where the friction lies, because you're like, get me out of this hellhole.
Speaker 1: And they're like, it's so you clown, just clown their vibes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, many a relationship has lived and died in an arcade. I will say, there's something about seeing someone experience manufactured fun while the child waits its turn that hats a little bit too differently, And it also reminds me of like being twelve, eleven or twelve, Like you just start getting crushed on guys and you guys go to the arcade together and it's awkward and they smell.
Speaker 2: I also feel like a first date, second date, third date, you should be trying to avoid any potential river embarrassment as much as possible. You don't have the leisure being seen like a full person, And so these.
Speaker 1: Things were like I just want to be myself. Wait till you start dating. Okay, wait, wait, lots official. This is I.
Speaker 2: Think this is different from the ick. Okay, this is a grave misunderstanding of who you are and who they are. Because he's aid boogie and you thought club and he thought game zone. That's not going to work out long term. We're already doing miscommunication off the bat. And I know this is like, probably not one of my greatest habits, but I definitely learned it from my mum. She's very, very aware of how she's perceived in relation to other people. Shoutout being a black woman in a racist county, et cetera. But so she made me really paranoid about being an environment and not being seen as the standard, the norm or like better than you know. Works out for this industry, but also works out just for life, because I just feel like you need to be really careful when you're doing secondhand embarrassment. Think about your think about your neighbor, think about your community, embarrass yourself in your own time. But now you're bringing on guests and spectators. Now we're all embarrassed. Look at what you've done. It's dangerous.
Speaker 1: It's very dangerous. Imagine you're you threw me in this woman's position. You would never recover.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't, I know, the reputational damage, would be very embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Telling me, no, we can't talk about it on air we can't talk about it. That's what happened, but off air we will be analyzing. Of course.
Speaker 2: Well, rip, so you're just not compatible. You might have chemistry, you're not compatible because if you were compatible, you wouldn't think this was embarrassing. You might you said, the text game was amazing, great, but we need both chemistry and compatibility.
Speaker 1: It's true. Well let us know how you go so flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: When I say will be Goldberg, what comes to mind? Sister Act.
Speaker 4: Sister Act, funny woman, quite like androgynists almost in her approach to life.
Speaker 1: She's kind of quite wise, wise ageless.
Speaker 2: I think I could trust will be gold work with anything I agree, but mostly just sage life advice. And so to my surprise, I find would be on my timeline.
Speaker 1: I said, baby, what are.
Speaker 5: You doing here?
Speaker 3: What are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Ariana? And she's doing this interview.
Speaker 2: I can't recall who from It doesn't really matter, but this interviewer is kind of like going down memory lane and talking about how frequently we'll Gog's been married and it's three times, which I found surprising because I just you know, how some celebrities really commodify their relationships and so it becomes a brand them to be in a couple.
Speaker 1: Giselle bunchten and who's.
Speaker 3: The on top?
Speaker 1: Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like there are a couple, you know, George Clooney, a Mile Clooney.
Speaker 4: Couple, Mirandaca or Andro Bloom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, couple that kind of vibe. And so I thought, oh, interesting.
Speaker 2: And so she goes on to recall her experience being married and I'm ready for you know, when you find your person and it's blissful and it's amazing.
Speaker 1: But her approach really sobered me up and kind of put me off.
Speaker 2: Listen to the Siktog video from I think I have a rash in.
Speaker 5: Love with all your husbands? No, any of them?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Really, that's an amazing thing desire, isn't it.
Speaker 3: But it's the truth.
Speaker 5: It's an amazing Oh well, all right, you bold up at me. Do you have church weddings? No?
Speaker 3: Let me see.
Speaker 6: I think there's a Vegas and maybe one was a church and one was a house wedding.
Speaker 5: What did you do if you were in love with me?
Speaker 6: Because I wanted to feel normal, and it seemed to me that if I was married, i'd have a much normal, more normal life. Clearly that's not the case. That's not a good reason to get married. You have to actually want a life with someone through ups and downs, and I just discovered that wasn't for me.
Speaker 5: How many times have you been in love once? Good with you? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man? Go on, I've gone as far as I'm going.
Speaker 5: Can I chuck a name?
Speaker 3: You could chuck a name, Teddy?
Speaker 6: You're asking me if I was in love with ted Is that the man I'm talking about?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Really? Would we know who the person is? No?
Speaker 3: And that's the beauty. Yes, I know bombshells are was not a.
Speaker 6: Real bombshell, but I snuck a couple in on y'all and nobody knew.
Speaker 5: Do you wish she'd married that person?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: Because what I know now is I don't want to live with her.
Speaker 3: I want to live with anyone with the wrong guys.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: No, I think I've tried it with probably the right guys for other people. But it's it's not It wasn't them, It was me because I actually.
Speaker 3: Like living on my own.
Speaker 6: I like being able to go up and down my stairs farting like a queen and not having to explain I like being able to smoke all over my house and have someone go.
Speaker 3: You know, I like my privacy.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I thought that I would be an Oprah type of person, But I think I want to be Woe go but when I grow up. Because I really appreciated that in that instance, she could have.
Speaker 1: Lied what efference between Oprah.
Speaker 2: Like in this scenari Oprah is the quintessential matriarch, all the positive qualities, she's nurturing, she gardens. She doesn't have kids, but she's always wanted them, and she's been with this one man and he's the guy. And it's just like she's introspective in a really appealing way, and her ideas about the world are very agreeable and accessible and made for consumption. And then you have Willpi Goldberg, who carries the same amount of wisdom, but it feels like it's so unique to her. You know, this interview is trying to put words in her mouth to say, well, maybe you didn't marry the right person.
Speaker 1: No, like they are good people. I just don't want to be married. Oh but surely no.
Speaker 4: No, that it's a very interesting meeting of minds are very persistent. I mean that was like journalism one one in a really scary way, but did you?
Speaker 1: And could you?
Speaker 2: And she's like, I'm telling you exactly how it was, and you're not listening, but that idea of you know, she did it three times. She got married three whole time for people that to this day she still thinks are great people, and still didn't enjoy it. And I don't think a lot of us have prepared ourselves for the reality that you will get married and not enjoy it in the same way you visit that country on a vacation you don't like it, or you get that job and it's not that great, or you make that friend and they're not that cool. But this marriage thing is so pedestalized, and I don't think we live a lot of room for it to be wrong, and that's why it goes wrong. And she did it three wa and barely remembered.
Speaker 5: One was a.
Speaker 1: Church wedding, like didn't even make an impression. It was like a bad dream.
Speaker 2: I love Whoopee. That felt really good to hear. Good on you, whoopee. If you're listening, thank you for the inspiration.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Rooms Daily podcast for more Tune indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.