Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So we've just been doing double thumbs Up Friday, and perhaps was raving about a dog chew that I will actually be begetting because our dog, god German Shepherd Tessa a lot of these so called indestructible dog chews. And perhaps he showd that she'd left a review on the kmart website, which I have right here. That's actually a really nice fair review. I mean, obviously put a bit of time to do it, you know, That's what I'm always surprised that people that have the time to leave reviews.
Speaker 3: But anyway, probably did it during the show.
Speaker 4: Check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it be about two minutes before the news at eight.
Speaker 2: Arma, Emma loves your five dollars chumb bone bone dog toy. So addicted is he that he carries it everywhere and sleeps with it. Your description states that no toy is indestrunctible, but this one really is.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: It stands the test of time, getting thrown in the air, fetched and still has.
Speaker 1: Its squeak up, providing many hours are fun. Five out of five.
Speaker 4: It's a brilliant Wilson, brilliant product.
Speaker 1: Lovely. Yeah, someone's just texted in here who knew pats was an.
Speaker 4: Influencer that on Insta the other day?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, then I find this one of a hotel you stayed at in New York with your big epic American trip. Well, we let's never fall.
Speaker 1: Out with Patsy.
Speaker 2: If we have to get rid of her, she will burn this station, torch us all alive, terrifying.
Speaker 1: This is okay?
Speaker 2: So the subject heading on this is on trip Advisor hotel in New York where Patsy stayed. Uh, the heading of her of you? You know you can put like a subject in inc you sometimes location isn't isn't is in block capitals everything, while the location of this property is desirable. This is Patsy scathing you. Unfortunately we couldn't say our recent experience here was the first room we were booked into was freezing cold, the curtains dirty and even tall in places, and the bed skirt and Louns chair Lownes chair both badly stained. You sure that he wasn't where we love God? Both the double beds had deep dips in the middle and looked very quite worn. Grammar so angry typing we demanded to be moved.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is well, we demand to be moved, and we are met by a very repugnant staffer, repugnant, repugnant, who informed.
Speaker 1: Us that's what you booked, that's what you.
Speaker 2: Got, and no one has informed me of any problems with the room, to which we replied that we were. Now this, someone we now realized was a member of the housekeeping team, knocked in our door moments later and said they are moving you, before walking off. The manager later accused us of refusing to let her in the room when block capitals, when in fact, A she's broken. The next scalapuis down as ABC on this you A she didn't introduce herself be no request was made to inspect the room and see we had no clue who she was.
Speaker 4: Now we move on to the hair drawing led a stranger in the room.
Speaker 2: The beds disgusting, the curtains are torn. We've got that pre stained chair. Now the hair dryer. The hair dryer looked as though the filter had never been cleaned. Inspecting their hair.
Speaker 4: No, if you saw it had about an inch of hair and dust.
Speaker 2: It was fel The hair dry looked like the filter had never been cleaned.
Speaker 4: The event, did you say the photo.
Speaker 2: W are you John McLean and Diard? Whereby love Gobin shoved into the event. Let's get up, don't have a look around. The event in the b was filthy.
Speaker 1: The FBI those little screwdrivers.
Speaker 3: Into No, it was.
Speaker 2: The room in the shower.
Speaker 4: It was visual to the eye. That's how bad it was.
Speaker 2: What else is it going to be visual to your ass? It's visual to the eye.
Speaker 1: The event in the bathroom was filthy. There was hair on the pillows before it fell.
Speaker 4: I swear.
Speaker 1: There was hair on.
Speaker 2: The pillows before we got into the bed. The desk, who uses that business desk anyway?
Speaker 3: It's always where you put junk and that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: The business desk, charge the phone.
Speaker 1: The desk was terribly scratched and marked. The bear.
Speaker 3: Would you notice as you sit down to write this review.
Speaker 1: One of the blinds now wrong.
Speaker 2: One of the blinds was stuck closed and couldn't be raised through our entire state.
Speaker 1: We can't see New York.
Speaker 4: Now, couldn't see the empire state.
Speaker 1: We haven't finished yet.
Speaker 2: There were no amenities in the room, amenities in capital, not even a single teaspoon, no coffee maker, kettle which you will find a stand in another properties throughout the Manhattan area.
Speaker 1: Manhattan Repugnant Manhattan.
Speaker 3: Tea boots teaspoons are as standard in all Manhattan hotels.
Speaker 2: Other properties throughout the Manhattan locale.
Speaker 1: There are dormant at the property. However, most could be seen leaning.
Speaker 3: They were useless, leaning.
Speaker 1: Against a pillar.
Speaker 4: Yes, so what they meant to take you back?
Speaker 3: Open the door?
Speaker 1: The rich?
Speaker 4: What were they doing there?
Speaker 1: We love God?
Speaker 4: What were they doing? Leaning up against the.
Speaker 2: Dorman of the property. Most could be seen against the pillar In this.
Speaker 1: Last bit, I don't know whether we should read it out. I don't think we're on to the homeless people now.
Speaker 4: It was really sad.
Speaker 1: A few homeless.
Speaker 2: People sup adjacent to the hotel, which made us cautious of walking by with a young child after dark.
Speaker 1: The scoop up.
Speaker 4: No one was doing something not nice, and that's I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, that is a problem in New York. But that's the hotel's.
Speaker 1: Foley, I know, but you know, so, just so we just tacked this off.
Speaker 2: Then, so you didn't like the it was cold, count off the points outside, even good about the cold room curtains. She hated the bed, skirt, loundes, chair, double beds were dips all right. Then there was that the blinds that were stuck. No teaspoon, hair dry, filthy, airvent filthy, no amenities, not even a teaspoon, no coffee making, no kettle.
Speaker 1: Dormant homeless people. How many points of complaint did she have in the review?
Speaker 3: Fourteen?
Speaker 4: It was a fair review.
Speaker 5: It was no one escapes the dormant homeless home.
Speaker 1: The Manhattan area.
Speaker 3: The cleaning lady just coming knock on.
Speaker 4: The door was a lady. She was not dressed in a uniform. She could have been anyone.
Speaker 2: Absolutely could have been a terrorist out there, Chris, for all we know. The manager replied, you know, when they do want, I feel so denial.
Speaker 4: Didn't even address any of my they wanted.
Speaker 2: What they must want to do is just like you, and they go, We're so sorry.
Speaker 4: They're in hospitality. That's their job.
Speaker 2: Well, Patsy, I'm going to I now know what you're called online. I'm going to make sure I have alert for any more of your reviews.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Patsy. The christ Joan O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast