Speaker 1: Christian O'Connor Show Podcast. Shane Crawford has come out of the wilderness. Wherever he's been, he's been on ice. Well there's been no footy. Are supposed footy correspondent has come out of ice. He's come out of hibernation. Not to talk about footy like he should be doing, but actually he wants to get in. He wants in on the Wheatbix challenge we're setting up for Friday. Andy reckons he can do twenty five mid twenties in ten minutes with milk, twenty five week bix with milk in ten minutes. If you can, I reckon, you can get anywhere near that, get rid of the cords. This morning it's seven forty five, but Shane Crawford wants in before that. Then still trending. This is where we talk about it. And we're still getting emails and calls from yesterday's show. And there's two things you're still talking about. One thee was the thing yesterday about escaped pets and escaping pets. After my this puppy pool I've got just decided to walk himself home from a dog walk we just started. It was too cold whatever this first one from Jan Thomas Runaway Cockatoo. One of our family pets was a sulfur crested cockatoo named Palm. All right, yellow crest Uh. Sulfur's gray, though, is it? Yeah? So yellow? Is it sulfur? I thought sulfur was yellow? No, no, sulfuros were you? It's like a gray color, isn't it? So? For the producer brown, He's got lots of say in sulfur. He was desperate to get on the mic. He's just grabbed the mic. Producer ban sulfur? Is the yellow? The yellow cristed? Is it? Really? Who knew? We knew so much about the color of cockatoos too, perhaps, Why are you weighing in on the whole sulfur crested cockatail?
Speaker 2: I think they are yellow because we used to have one as kids.
Speaker 1: Cockatoo. Yes, what's his name?
Speaker 2: His name was Cocky?
Speaker 1: Oh my, come up with that one. Cocky the cocktail.
Speaker 2: He used to sit on the fence and pick the hairs out of my dad's arm, one by one. He was a beautiful bird. Wait, your dad would put his arm up over his head to invite the bird in, or no, we'd let him out. Of the cage.
Speaker 1: What your dad, cocky?
Speaker 2: We'd let him out every afternoon.
Speaker 1: He never had a happy hour. It's three o'clock, it's time for cocky getting daddy's armpit.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Dad would sit on the fence and just put his lean his arm on the fence, and Cocky'd get on his.
Speaker 1: Talks to the isn't he letting the cocky is his arm hair? And he used to confuse Netflix, let's not judge, because they didn't have Netflix. That's not what we uhould do for entertainment younger listeners.
Speaker 2: But he used to copy my mum's voice because if Dad got a phone call in he was like we were on a property. So Mum would stick ahead out the back door and say hey phone, and the cocky would say.
Speaker 1: Right fine, just like. This email concerns a talking cockatoo. And at first, when I was reading a patsy, I thought they don't really talk today, this one does. Let's read on that. I didn't know you had about pet crockatoo. That's great, all right, So this one's called Pommy's the old sulfur crested cockatoo named pom. We lived in Mornington and when my brother and I went out to the horses or bikes. Pom that's the crockatoo. Okay, the sulfur crested cockatoo and dog Jackie would come with us. What a scene that is, you know, brother and sister, the dog Jackie and then obviously Palm, the sulfur crested cockatoo, all moving as one unit. One day We're bouncing down towards the beach with Palm on my handlebars. Awesome, that's such a cool visual. It is wings out enjoying the wind. He'd never flown, but a flock of seagulls flew overhead and he took off, following them out to sea. Something sad about this, isn't there? Want to be with the bigger kids. We watched horrified as he suddenly spiraled round and round and down into the sea. Poor old Pommy. We raced to the fisherman's beach boat shed begged the loan of a rowing boat, and out we went. When we got to all this feather looked like little pimpricks. That was Sodom with seawaters. He saw us coming and all we heard was what are you doing? What are you doing? One of the two phrases he spoke. He repeated this and til he maugs to fish him out. He never flew again, and we all know why. There's some Jan Thomas, what a story. Amazing And yet when I read this last night, Pats and they don't talk, did they? But obviously he did say what are you doing? What are you doing? So they came to rescue him with their little fisherman's boat they got hold of. That's great, Jan, I love that story. I think there's more to talk about with talking parrots and cockatoos. If anyone has ever had one of these talking animals, please give us a call. So what was the stop phrase for your one? Cocky? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, he used to swear as well, but he used to say ray fine. Whatever my mom said, he copied.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? He was to swear as well well.
Speaker 2: He'd follow my dad outside as he was doing his jobs. And if he was cracking it because the moa wouldn't start, you got to be careful what you said around him because he'd repeat everything.
Speaker 1: No, obviously we're on the radio right now. But how bad would Corky get with.
Speaker 2: The pretty bad?
Speaker 1: What like f bombs?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: From a cockatoo. What's funny? Yes, remember, but you said Brat in his early days here said he had the number of the Melbourne swearing parrot. Maybe we need that tomorrow for the second year of the show. We let you go if you did have a talking cockatoo. Christian, my dog escate for stop that pet stories. As a new mum, living off minimal sleep and working like a robot, we had an electrician working at our home doing some work and he left the side gate open, and we lived in near very busy main road. Whilst I was breastfeeding my daughter, I saw a small, little black toy poodle that we had wandering out of the house towards the main road. Without thinking, I quickly put my daughter down and ran out towards the main road to grab the dog and bring him inside. Upon holding my dog, I noticed that I'd run out with my top off and my breasts exposed to the entire street as well. Though they had two sets of puppies, but I did manage to get them back. That's amazing story, Sarah. All right, so let's take some calls then on still trending. So we're looking for stories about escape pets and also swearing and talking cockatoos on nine four three. And the other thing we've got a lot of stories still to come about is searching for Australia's longest unfinished DIY project. Peter took us at the end of the show yesterday to twenty five years for an unfinished DIY project. If you can talk twenty five years, give us a call, Christian Christian Connell Christian O'Connell show and still trending where we take some more calls and stories because you're still talking about what we were talking about yesterday on five topic Tuesday. Two things are still in the play right now, and that is our search for Australia's longest unfurnished DIY pro project, which is up to twenty five years with Peter at the end of yesterday's show. But the big thing we've slipped into now is originally talking about escaped pets and then with this amazing story from jan Jan Thomas who gave us this beautiful story. Jack just said to me during the song there it was like a scene from a children's book or a traumatization.
Speaker 4: Characters from Maturing story riding with the cockatoo on the front handlebars.
Speaker 1: But I didn't know that cockatoo spoke. Patsy had a pet one again, after working with her almost two years, we've never heard about Cocky. Let's do a phone in one day about rubbish names and pets that you had as well. Cocky the cuckatoo who would swear as well, but spoke just like Palm, the one who actually said what are you doing when they let him fly away with seagulls and he fell to the sea. All right, so let's go the lines nine four one four one o four three Jack impacking him. Good morning, Hey, young Christian, I'm good Jack. What can you tell us? Then? You have you had a cockatoo that spoke?
Speaker 4: I had one myself, was cold Billy. But many years ago the Jannawa Hotel had a sub crested cockatoo. It was out the back near the men's journal, and it could bout, it could, but it could mimic the sound of pay on the tin wall, and man could it way like a trooper?
Speaker 1: Really? Was it part of the hotel attraction, like a sort of residence lounge singer?
Speaker 4: Uh No, it was just the hotel owner's pet.
Speaker 1: What an amazing traction to go to Lemna Ryan and then see a parent that tom mimits all those sounds. Jack, thank you very much. You call sorry, mate, you've got another thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a bit like the Gipsy Point Hotel, only just down the road near Malacoda. They had a pet kangaroo for many years and it used to come in to the bar. It would drink beer. Yeah, it was really famous.
Speaker 1: Really what like a rival to the cockatoo down the road. Yep, Okay, I don't want to ask you. I don't think we need to. I think when you say it came in and track beer. All right, Jack, thank you very much. She called. Let's go to Richard. Richard. Good morning, good morning, good morning, Richard. Okay, so you had a this is a talking parrot.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was an Amazon. It was a yellow headed Amazon parrot that could mimic my ring tone, which is R two D two.
Speaker 1: So please could we have some kind of impression of what that would sound like, what the parents sound like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, there's no way I'm going to do R two D two.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know, but but the parent would do your R two D two ring tone.
Speaker 3: Yes, note for note in the right tones as well.
Speaker 1: Anything else or just that. Oh.
Speaker 3: I also had the little like clown horn for my email and he would mimic that as well, and I'd go check my phone all the time and I'm like, would you stop it?
Speaker 1: It was a parent alert tone. That's incredibly had a very well trained Richard Richard.
Speaker 3: He also he also talked very well as well, but I can't remember exactly what he said.
Speaker 1: All right, Richard, thank you very much. She cool. No, all right, let's go to Sally'd stay one last couple before the add Sally, good morning, no inquest, I'm good mate. So have you got a talking cockatoo?
Speaker 2: Yes, my tops.
Speaker 1: He's had a couple, but the last one we used to pull up in the driveway and as soon as we got out of the car, the cocky would go rack off. Wow, we just check in there that he wasn't letting a few little naughty ones go no.
Speaker 3: No, that was exactly what it tell us to all just rack off. Yeah, so we knew what Pop thought of us.
Speaker 1: All right, Sunny, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 3: No worries to have a good day.
Speaker 4: Christian Christian O'Connell Show podcast