Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now passy. What's happened to you on Facebook?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 5: I think I'm about to sack Facebook marketplace because the people on there are just.
Speaker 1: What is it? You're right because this happens to my wife.
Speaker 2: She used it a lot, right, and it's brilliant, but she's always so many people on there are so aggressive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not finding and it's just I'd rather just take the stuff to the op shop. So I'm trying to sell this really good quality puffer jacket and it's very reasonably priced. I've put one hundred bucks on it. They're about three point fifty retail, and it's only been moren a couple of times. Right, Anyway, this woman wrote yesterday, she messaged me and she said, would you take forty bucks? Come anyway?
Speaker 1: I tried it like you know those sixty percent right, like some.
Speaker 5: Sort of shop. Anyway, I wrote back, Oh look no, sorry, it has only been worn a couple of times, and you know it's three hundred and fifty retail. It's a really good quality jacket anyway. Then she retorted back with her well I can get it open that voice I can just tell by the tone. Well I can get it brand you for one hundred and twenty right, And I went to write that.
Speaker 1: That's one of our six hour and callers. Maybe it was a listener.
Speaker 5: I just thought, I'm not up to having this tip for.
Speaker 2: Two get so angry. You're selling something. You can either buy it or you.
Speaker 5: Do so like so, and that's what I went to write back to her to respond, toy, hey, you just just go for it, you know, like, it doesn't from me if you don't buy it, but that is the price. But she blocked me.
Speaker 1: So doesn't it make you pass? Doesn't it make you so angry?
Speaker 5: I just thought, what a waste of vinergy? Like is that your day where all you do is have we go with people on market like, just don't buy it.
Speaker 1: And now you can get the last word in which is no. And they knew that as well.
Speaker 2: And you're still filthy now, but you have got the lost word because you've got the microphone.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's your sword. Will with power responsibility.
Speaker 5: You'll get people that say, can you deliver it two hours away? You know, and I'll give you like an extra ten bucks. So I think I'm about to like sack it because it's just too much.
Speaker 1: It's just so convenient.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the amount of times you buy you sell something, you agree or then they go, oh will it fit in?
Speaker 1: And it's something like a mini y a couch?
Speaker 2: And I had all the measurements right, I said, hey, listen, this is a big, heavy couch.
Speaker 1: I might not be here.
Speaker 2: I'm not available throughout the day, so you'll need help and you'll need this a transport. These are the measurements it would fit in. This kind of gave it all, and then they go yeah, yeah, I'm going to do this. And then I get the text about our beforehand, going will it fit in a mini a couch?
Speaker 1: It's a three seater couch. This I'm sending my wife. She's got a bad back. It's not my problem exactly. Then why do you put a waste of time?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know, so I would you know what, I get more joy out of donating it to the shop. I really won't at this point because I just can't be people.
Speaker 1: Because it used to be really easy to use, and it's a great idea and people can people.
Speaker 2: Can actually like furnish your home for a fraction the price right.
Speaker 1: But recently, pats you're right the long are so a.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just like, don't be like that.
Speaker 1: Do you know what we need to do? We need to set up our own show marketplace nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, number one rule, you must be nice to each other.
Speaker 1: This is what we need, a show marketplace.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Falling out with someone when you've done nothing wrong on Facebook marketplace. It's a very modern thing, and then you get blocked again when you've not been abusive and you're robbed of summer. Having that last word, Christian, I was listening to Patsy and this happened to me and so many of my friends as well.
Speaker 1: This comes from Blair.
Speaker 2: Wll don't you start a new segment called have your Last Word where people can call the radio show and say what you want to say too, entitled Facebook blockers.
Speaker 1: I'm down with this definitely. It's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Christian listened about the night they're trying to sell a puffer jacket and a time wasister blocking and you were talking about how you were trying to set a three seater a couch and then someone said, you know, can it fit into a hot hatch Christian? I saw a piano want on marketplace. I said them how big it was? And then a man arrives and says, will it fit in the boot my cart? It was a hatchback.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Time wasters and idiots. They just say, we're not even that it says, say, I don't know what it is. It's like we've the world has become an angry title place and actually face Facebook market It's like this is how walls start.
Speaker 1: It's so aware of and you just and it's over a puffer jacket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, buy it or don't get it somewhere cheaper than you must go and do.
Speaker 1: Just do that, try to get one. You'll come by. They are anyway.
Speaker 2: You know when I said, listen wishes, get into this business and have a kind marketplace. Let's begin it right now. Okay, we're going to call this tradio. Now there's a great Donna summer song called on the radio. You've got eight minutes rio to redo this radio on the tradio. On the tradio and then something out buying selling, do it on the tradio, Patsy, you go first.
Speaker 1: So there's puffer jacket.
Speaker 5: Yes, so it's a beautiful puffer jacket, mint condition, mint condition, it's macpack brand. It is goost down three tiles for truly today.
Speaker 2: Set that up and go for a nice walk Sunday. There's a fire inside your jacket.
Speaker 5: In fact, I not only have one. They're Audrey's old jackets because she grew so quickly. So there are ladies ten and a lady's twelve. I actually do have twelve. They're both black, beautiful quality.
Speaker 1: To a market trader, Now open up your own store one hundred allow professionals. Seller to a marketplace. Now understand why you were blocked. Yes, remember this is not for bros. It's a kind marketplace. That's right.
Speaker 2: You heard it on the trading You've got eight minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, and now how much do you want for Patsy? Forty bucks? We take forty No.
Speaker 5: It won't take forty No, I'll take a hundred. I think that's a fair price. But if you're nice, I might look at dropping the I'm not a.
Speaker 1: Great way to negotiate.
Speaker 5: I feel if I get a good feeling of the deal, you know, willing to play the game.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, there's starting bids at one hundred bucks. Yes, it's now an auction for flipping puppa jacket.
Speaker 5: No more than a hundred. I won't take any more than one hundred.
Speaker 1: Top, We're going to afk you more? Are they one million? Okay? Well, I'm happy to give you one point three.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is I will go down from a hundred, but I won't take any less than a hundred.
Speaker 2: No, it's not forget get into the tradio business. Rea anyway, Okay, here's what we're going to do. I'm going to sell, try and sell by the of the show, then three items of yours. So if you've been trying to sell something on marketplace, sell it on the show now.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for a kind, polite, respectful marketplace, why don't you and I dial in a deal on the radio.
Speaker 1: Boom, your song is ready.
Speaker 3: Radio on the tradio, negotiating nicely.
Speaker 1: Trado. Hey, that's good. Just a couple of minutes to turn that around. Well, pressure makes time. It's a stair and it's a deal that's very good.
Speaker 2: All right. So first thing we're selling is pantsy's puffer jacket one hundred dollars. Yep, Kerry's on the line, Kerry, good morning, welcome to tradio.
Speaker 3: Good morning. How are you?
Speaker 2: We're good trade not TRADEO. You'll carry on the tradio Kerry. You're in the market for puffer jacket.
Speaker 3: I'm in the market for two puffa jackets.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, are you serious? I am, and I'm not even going to negotiate.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to give you.
Speaker 5: This is fabulous. If you leave your address with producer Caitlyn, I can. I'll even post them out for free. How's that sound?
Speaker 1: Can do a deal for two days? She's buying too, exactly on and eighty.
Speaker 2: You have the pay for posters because I know what you're gonna do. You're getting to do it, use the work the company postage.
Speaker 1: This is negotiating nicely.
Speaker 5: No, no, I will I will.
Speaker 1: Go once going to.
Speaker 5: Eight, No, two hundred, happy to play good cold and I might even include some show metching there.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, the awesome compliment slips. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: Levia number and we'll.
Speaker 2: Wheel chair he's not negotiating, She says he was earlier, gets to nibble on the line.
Speaker 1: Let's go now to Sue.
Speaker 2: Sue.
Speaker 1: What are you saying? Sue?
Speaker 3: I've got three brand new wheels and tires to suit highlights two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: Classy get in there, and he's a brand new tires.
Speaker 1: The brand new tires are they meant condition?
Speaker 3: Brand news? They were only put on to pass the road worthy and taken off the game?
Speaker 1: Right? Okay, a lot work in this, yes, to be honest, you're doing donuts and.
Speaker 3: More so tires one hundred dollars eight.
Speaker 1: One hundred dollars for a high LUTs. Yeah, oh, let's check it.
Speaker 2: Gotcha all right? So let's here we go on. If you want Sue's tires, give us a call. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two, Elizabeth, what are you selling? A coffee machine?
Speaker 1: Morning? Elizabeth?
Speaker 3: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: How are you going?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 2: So you got don't long eat coffee machine? Very shiny, very nice.
Speaker 3: He's very shiny.
Speaker 1: Silver.
Speaker 3: Oh, chrime or crime or whatever you want.
Speaker 1: To call it. Silver chrome is shiny and brand new. Near ours, almost brand new.
Speaker 4: I've used to probably less than five times.
Speaker 1: Oh friend, you just breaking in and it's.
Speaker 3: Still got in the box and liberty.
Speaker 1: Oh original box, oh rebox? And how much do you want for that?
Speaker 3: Look, I'll be happy to part with it for one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, cooler now if you'd like that.
Speaker 2: Thirteen fifty five, twenty two, and let's get one more on before the headlines of Patsy Ali good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello Ali, Hi, how you doing? I'm good? And what are you selling?
Speaker 4: I have a giant box of Lego.
Speaker 1: A sort of bricks and pieces, and my oldest title is now twenty so it always his.
Speaker 4: So I'd love to sell that for probably two hundred dollars. Got wheels, it's got bass places, I get.
Speaker 1: Two high lux ties, right hoppings the box Ali probably seventy seventy centemes, a human, third of a human? How many how many Lego bricks are in there? Roughly? Do you think two hundred and three and two?
Speaker 4: I haven't counted it.
Speaker 2: Waste my time, okay.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show one Podcast