Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime.
Speaker 3: Some of the older ladies, I thought they looked divine.
Speaker 4: It's called landrover on a pole.
Speaker 5: Oh god, I love it.
Speaker 1: Here Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three, So.
Speaker 5: One thousand, two hundred morning Jack Post's good to see you now. Patsy, good morning. Now I understand you. You may have seen a ghost of Sauning at the station.
Speaker 3: The funniest thing, well not funny, scary actually just after five o'clock where I sit in my studio. So I've got like a big glass panel, haven't I in front of me.
Speaker 4: And so we can see you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're comedy known as that. I think it's a window or refer to us, but obviously in your world it's at where a bit. It's a glass panel.
Speaker 3: It's like bigger than a window.
Speaker 4: It feels like a panel like glass panels.
Speaker 3: It's glass gauge anyway, so I can see the reflection because at the back of me, behind my back is the door into the studio and that's also got a panel of glass anyway.
Speaker 5: Again narrow windows.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I looked up because there was someone standing there, and it's pretty obvious, like I can see in the reflection that there was someone or I thought there was someone standing there. I thought that's weird. Anyway, I went out to the producers, Oh, did you need something, because usually if they stand there, you know, they need to see about something. No, no, no, I wasn't us, wasn't anyone in the newsroom. So I think it's the ghost. I think it's tim the resident station ghost.
Speaker 5: I remember when I first started working it six years ago about Timmy. Do you remember we got those amateur.
Speaker 4: They bought all kinds of instruments, Yeah, to find Timmy.
Speaker 5: One of them was mainly a camera that apparently could detect orbs.
Speaker 4: It was a camcorder.
Speaker 5: Player. Witch Project team turned up to see it. They could capture Timmy, but they thought they had because they had all kinds of instruments and that there was paranormal activity here, but mainly it was only a round pass.
Speaker 3: No other people have seen Timmy, the guys, Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, there have been sightings here over the years. So it's a small child, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's not a child, but I had a feeling that it's a young it felt I know that sounds weird, but it felt like a young male and it was all in black.
Speaker 4: But I always get the heat of me grown up.
Speaker 5: His problem is the year twelve.
Speaker 3: But I feel like when that happens to you that it's like there's a message that needs to be heated.
Speaker 5: So now I'm he's up on the caffeine, used the word window freely. There's two off the top of my head of what the messages are so far? So did you what do you take your birth away? Did you? You must have seen an apparition of some sort that, Oh, I don't know. Cerently you asked rio was he behind you?
Speaker 3: And it's not real ocase he's dress very well.
Speaker 5: He's just a small child.
Speaker 3: He's got a very bright, lovely freame colored wind sheet.
Speaker 5: He's just come off a ski lodge.
Speaker 3: He looks quite nice. He's got a black slack on today too.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, he's very very smart.
Speaker 3: Job interviewers, No.
Speaker 5: No, no, he's coming in in a brand new outfit day this week.
Speaker 4: He's been shopping this week.
Speaker 5: It's because he's off to the Grand Final. He's a Swans fan, so he's going through he's running through options for his grand file. Outfit.
Speaker 4: His jumper even has the crease in the sleeve.
Speaker 5: Got that little security tag as well, but he's stole it like an s shape at the back as well. So how many times have you seen Timmy the Ghost?
Speaker 3: A few times? I reckon over my many years here.
Speaker 5: And what's he normally doing? Is he standing behind you?
Speaker 3: He's always in black and yeah, he's always behind me or beside me. So him down the kitchen down the end.
Speaker 5: Having a cup of tea.
Speaker 3: He's standing there and.
Speaker 5: Dilar is delicious salong tea. He's always good with the client plugs as well.
Speaker 3: That was weird because he was like a meter away and then I turn around he wasn't there, Like I could see him in my proof of Perifer for all peripheral vision.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jack, have you seen I haven't seen team? Is anyone else hands that we've seen? Simmy? Yeah? This says to me, this says, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll move on, said Christian o'connall Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Show, Wednesday Morning, Patsy, how was doing your day yesterday?
Speaker 3: I have had in my car this mystery smell, like an absolutely pungent smell that has progressively been getting worse over the last sort of three weeks, and we have looked high and low in the glove box, thinking it smells like there's been a juice box that's been left somewhere.
Speaker 5: Or you know, milky swery smell. It's a sour or smell of death. I once had an awful smell of car for weeks, Pats. It was like getting worse and worse. And then he in that took the cartholic garage and eventually called me an hour later. And there was a rat that decomposed. Let's discuss no rear passenger seat. You can where When my kids were younger, they used to just dump food down there, and obviously it must have been like a free for all for rats.
Speaker 3: Like a rat supermarket.
Speaker 5: It was. I felt burn the car it came in short.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to have to either get it steam cleaned or sell the car. So I car, you know the seats like when.
Speaker 5: They when they can't put the detail it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I tracked it down yesterday, so I had I had reason to go to the boot. I don't normally if I go shopping.
Speaker 5: Is that where all the rivals are, the news rifles, the bodies. It's easy. It's one of their limbs, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Well, it smelt like that because I opened the boot and there was a supermarket bag. So a few weeks back.
Speaker 4: First of all, you said we checked the car high and well I didn't check the bar from that mysterious room at the back.
Speaker 3: I didn't check the boot. Okay, but there a few ago is like a third of the car. Well, I didn't check the boot. Anyway. We had gone shopping a few weeks ago and I said to Audrey there was a bag we couldn't find in it. It had three toothbrushes. It had a full sort of flower of broccoli and a block of chocolate. And I really wanted to block of chocolate, and I couldn't find it going that.
Speaker 5: Green or anything to clean my teeth chocolate. I just got to bed, like Nanni McFee.
Speaker 4: It was only in the shopping basket, so that if people saw they have broccoli.
Speaker 5: A good look in case of them recognized me as Nacurl Winner.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I thought I'd left it at the supermarket because could not find it anyway. Oh no, it was in the boot still three weeks later. So now I have this festy smell of off broccoli, which was just like it.
Speaker 5: Changed color as well, yellow and it was you mean it changed in liquid like transmographizers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just like this mush discussion.
Speaker 5: That can happen. Oh, so you've turned your boot into a decompos.
Speaker 3: You should smell the smell.
Speaker 5: No, Actually, that's not really the best off I've had this week.
Speaker 3: So I've had all the windows down all day yesterday and the smell is still. I can't get rid of it.
Speaker 5: I think shampoo the boot or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know. But the funny thing is, so it was in a plastic one of the you know, recycling not plastic bags, but the reusable plastic bag. But so it hadn't leaked out, but somehow the smell has just permeated through the whole upholstery, the carpet, everything. It's disgusting.
Speaker 4: Did you still eat the chocolate?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I threw the whole thing out.
Speaker 5: Sad day, Yeah, that is a sad day.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize until last week that now people are actually leaving reviews of places, geographical bodies of waters, destinations, landmarks. So what's gone crazy. Last week, you're on the week off right. I hide an ee bike and I was asking something where I could go on a little bicycle ride and they said I was around the Byron area in the Northern Rivers and they said, oh, there's a lovely waterfall called Killing Falls. So I get Google Maps out like we all do, and then I see that, wait, people have reviewed a waterfall and it's only got four point two. I mean, it's a waterfall. And I scrolled down like we always do. Whenever you see reviews, you go past the five star ones. You're looking for someone who's really lost their mind about something. But I'm thinking about this is a waterfall. Who goes to sees a beautiful waterfall, goes home and think I need to let the world know about this on the world's biggest platform Google. And then I've seen this idiot ezra not particularly breathtaking, especially if you've seen countless others. This is a beautiful waterfall. I go in to see it was lovely, and so I had to look around and there's other things. Like someone told me yesterday, Christians, people have reviewed the Pacific Ocean won five star review five years ago, and then last year one of the worst oceans I've ever seen. Two out five, right, So how do ground there today? Other places? These are Google mat reviews of geographical locations. This just remind us sounds of that K two K two A mountain, a glacier, bad, really cold, ad Just this guy here, Gorgy one star for K two. You know what you're getting as well. You can't be surprised, idiot, bad, really cold, hard to breathe because of its height, Make it lower, jack? Where else?
Speaker 4: The twelve apostles right here in Victoria, But Cody wasn't impressed with one star. Lots of explanation marks at the end of this one terrible would not recommend. I could only see eight apostles, but there was advertised there was twelve. False advertising and it's worst.
Speaker 5: When I checked my dad there the first one came to Stralit, he moaned, has said there should be something they shouldn't be allowed to I went, don't ever say that. Well, you hear dad? What about the Nile River? Only three stars?
Speaker 2: Overall?
Speaker 5: I think this is quite a great river. It's one of the and civilizations started. It's quite amazing how it flows north. However, only three stars because actually there is too much water.
Speaker 4: Oh, for goodness sake, I've got somebody who's got a civil complaint. But too much sand for the Sahara desert, Wow, Marco, two stars. Too much sand. I expected to find hiking trails, but it was literally just a desert with absolutely no guarded trails. If you want to hut, we.
Speaker 5: Go to Switzerland where sern is. CERN is the Center in Europe for Organization of Nukidar Research. Big place. You know what you're getting if you go. They're okay, physics, physicics, science. This is from Rainer in Geneva. One star of five. Not interesting science and physics experts only. Ah, that's right, because it's SUN sent to European Organization for Nuclear Research. Exhibits educational, but you have these are Rainer's words here, not mine. Exhibits educational. But you have to be her words scientist man with right brain to understand. I like gift shop. This is these a rainous words, not mine. You have to be science man with the right brain.
Speaker 4: What are you hoping to get from the gift shop? As well as a miniature hadron colliding? We're going back to Ullaro. Now back to Australia. Nathan not so impressed. The two stars. Nice rock, but it's way too hot. I was absolutely starving while walking all the way around, and there's no good food options, no hot dog stands.
Speaker 5: As yes, Mount Fiji, Mount Fuji. Everyone says this is beautiful, so might one of the modern oneers in the world. One star out of five. Dull walk up, dusty path, horrible, filthy toilets the climb, will rather walk up the mountain is rather boring, These idiots rather boring as soon as you reach the half thousand meter summit path into it idious, dusty, poring, sick sack. Come on mountains. For sure. The scenery was nice, even though for sure that's gotta be American. For sure, the scenery was nice, but the mountain itself is nothing remarkable. I found it completely unacceptable the conditions of the toilets while we are up there. And there's another one here from Matthew Pitchew in Peru which everyone makes a pilgrimission. Go and see. I don't see the big deal with these overpriced ruins. Just stone ruins on top of a hill. What makes it interesting. They're just ruins on the top of a heel. This is great. If you see any more of these, please let me know Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com. Today you maybe we need to start a weekly feature on the show where we review the reviewers.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Do you know a town anyone Australia with a person's name Christian? Please let Pats you know. An open bowl of sodium bicarbon left in the car boot for about a week will cure the smell.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm going to do that. Thank you for that.
Speaker 5: Tip, Christian. I went to school with two brothers from greg Greg. It's a place called greg Greg. See we're back down the rabbit hole where we should be greg Greg, New South Wales, sheep and dairy country. Thank you very much for that one. If you've got any more nine four one four one o four three places around us Trainia with people's names who we got here? Good morning to Billy. Good morning Billy, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Good I hell are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good Billy? I hope you having a good week so far. So where have you got for us? Well?
Speaker 6: At the vironment we're traveling in a motor home with kids. We've just gone through and one we've last went through Nelson. My son's name's Nelson, and I'm pretty familiar with that. Close in about an hour, Well are we driving through a place called joe Ann in Australia. Then there's the Keith that I think that you've got there, Yeah, you got that one.
Speaker 5: I get the phone. We're going all around Australia right now, real time for the next couple of months.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: When I was a kid, I used to live in a town called Elizabeth in Adelaide.
Speaker 5: And how long have you been traveling around Australia in that at Well.
Speaker 6: We've only just started, yes, say because the.
Speaker 5: Kids we're just in a driveway, were still give a quick job only about six months into it. He's sounding a bit stir crazy there, Billy, like, I just want to speak to someone else other than the family. It did. He's been all of six hours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got kids.
Speaker 5: Don't last Jack, which is kidnapped my son.
Speaker 6: He has autism, so he's he's he's woken us up this morning.
Speaker 5: So what a wonderful thing you're all going on? How long you going to be on the road together, all of you?
Speaker 6: Just eleven days?
Speaker 4: Eleven get it's going to start turn around soon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're kind of just driving and then where we've got three days left were we're going to race home?
Speaker 5: Right? Okay? Yeah, well listen, give us some updates while you while you're out on the road. Okay, let us know how you get on good luck.
Speaker 6: Well, I used to. I went to Japan a few months ago and I actually had heart and took you on the road with me.
Speaker 5: Now on the platform, Well, thank you very much, Billy. Aren't you and your son have a great trip over the next eleven days? Okay, yes, thank you, all right, take care Billy and bye bye. Let's go to Janet. Now, morning Janet, Good morning, Hi guys, morning Janet, great day. We are something the best of a day. And now, Janet, where can you tell us about in Australia? This named after a person and a creek.
Speaker 7: It's the biggest cattle station. I think it's a southern hemisphere. It's like in there and there's a place called William Creek right near it. And then you can go to Cameron Corner, which is where the three states meet New Tails, South Australia and Queensland.
Speaker 5: Wow, the great little nuggets there you've given us two or three eachanet. Thank you very much. Have a good day. Oh thanks fake George. Morning George.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 5: Good morning, George, George. What a great voice you've got. You sound like a radio go yourself.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much, Christian.
Speaker 8: I got told many years ago from Shane Burn I've got a face for radio. I don't know if he was saying that I was ugly or if I had a good voice.
Speaker 5: W did you cover that one line from the backpocket there? How George? You boy? If in winning out we all got a few of those.
Speaker 9: That's all right, mate. I've got a town for you. It's called Arnold.
Speaker 5: Arnold, Now we haven't had that one that's going Where's that? Is that Victoria at George?
Speaker 8: Or yes it is, Christian, It's Victoria. It's in between Newbridge in Inglewood. You come along Bridgewater Doll Holy Road. You see a sign saying welcome to Arnold. You're blinked and you've gone through Arnold.
Speaker 4: You miss it.
Speaker 5: It's not much to Arnold.
Speaker 8: And then there's another sign that says your farewell. You're leaving Arnold.
Speaker 5: Almost next to each other, right, yes, exactly, all right, George, good to chat. Okay, sorry, Christian, doesn't matter, say that George. George sons that one of those robo calls you get, isn't it. We'll be speaking to George there on today. Ron. Good morning, Ron, good day, Christian.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good Ron? So where can you tell us? Then? Someone astradly a town with a person's name is.
Speaker 10: A Victorian town just past Gordon actually, and it's called Wallace.
Speaker 5: I love that, Gordon mean Wallace. That is great, Ron, Thank you very much for that one. If you've got any more of these nine four one four one o.
Speaker 2: Four The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Turm on the show, it's finally here. The hand final twenty brand new washing machines. Fisher and bike of washing machines, thanks to Ian s will be one have to go tomorrow. However, the path to give them away not entirely clear. It involves you handboiling a footy into one of those washing machines. First twenty of you to do this win the twenty washing machines. That's tomorrow morning, and about twenty minutes time we'll open up the lines for one last time to come and join us tomorrow. It is a free for all tomorrow. When I came into the radio station this morning, was completely stunned about what was going on. The did you see it? Pats reception? Still? Oh yeah, what is that house? Did you get into the building? No?
Speaker 3: I thought you meant like for the handbook? But what is that thing on the front desk? What is that the brick fake brick wall? So it's all that about.
Speaker 5: Let's just go backwards a bit journalist. I for the news, I for the unusual. I come this morning, barey wait and there's reception has been turned into did you know about this?
Speaker 4: I didn't know they were doing it, but it looks.
Speaker 5: There's great Christians canteen because tomorrow morning when you turn up here take part in the hand final. There's like four and twenty pies. Yes, this is coffee and everything. Feel free to check it out any.
Speaker 3: They'll have abot four am. I wouldn't mind a pie when I get in pie And I.
Speaker 5: Thought four pushing that one one to get the kids that we have running that kind of stuff. They ain't getting out of bed at four, probably coming home from a club in Chapel Street at four Amo amaty. All right, so over the line is about twenty minutes time before that. We want to talk about fame in the classroom, whether it was anything to do with a teacher someone else in your year at your school, fame at your school on nine four one four, one oh four three yesterday when we took in looking for your places around Australia towns with people's names, when we're talking Donald, which started all and then Christina emailed me saying my husband grew up in donald mith Warhurst. Dad was his art teacher. This is now what we have to carry this on. We have to pull the thread. Are there any more stories of fame in the classroom? Perhaps you've got one, a very loose one involved in.
Speaker 3: Loose it's water tight. In fact, Nick Cave's dad taught at our high school and he went to our high school and even very recently, only very recently, spoke about it on ABC. Did actually about bondness for Wangaratta in the northeast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he was genuine when he was saying it. It was I did think about you all right now, Particier, Kaitlyn, you've got one as well. Fame in the classroom my year three.
Speaker 11: Teacher was Missus Fidler, who was Chris Fidler's mother, and he was a part of the four by one hundred meter relay that won the two thousand Olympic gold against the Americans.
Speaker 5: Shame for him?
Speaker 4: Did him become a household name?
Speaker 12: We know?
Speaker 5: Claim? You really had to explain that. There was a lot of set up to get to that one. Poor guy. He's a gold medalist.
Speaker 3: She was very proud of it. She would talk about it all the time.
Speaker 4: That's how are you right?
Speaker 5: And I also stand your mate out there, Whitney's got one as well.
Speaker 13: Yes, I went to.
Speaker 11: School with Glenn Robbins's nephew.
Speaker 5: That's more what we're going to get on today, so claim Robins. No, no, no, no, Clainton, Robert. This is the thing next to the famous person is what we're going to get. That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 5: Podcast, Christian O'Connell show, were too much fame in the classroom? What have you got for us? Maybe do with your school the teachers fellow students nine four one four one O four three So far we've got I was in grade one to six with tones and I huge, huge, Almost Pete too soon, I dare I say that Christian is a place called showing in Queensland. By the way, thank you. My daughter's teacher was Ms Hemsworth and she is Chris and Liam's cousin. I love it pretty big. We are hitting gold this morning, Graydon, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 5: Here you going, We're good. So fame in the classroom, Graden, what's your story? Same?
Speaker 10: My fame in the classroom is. I grew up in Sydney. I went to a school called Knox Grammar School which was at Broonger on the North Shore. And my school captain and his brother was Hugh Jackman and Ralph Jackman. So I went through school all the way through, from grade one right the way through to year twelve. And Hugh was my school captain and he was basically all the way through, always in the musical, always sort of the lead person and everything. Yeah, he was a quite a good role model.
Speaker 5: He was the greatest showman.
Speaker 4: That's a huge one to say one. You tried to drop Ralph Jackman in the same sentence as well.
Speaker 5: Not familiar with her with his wealth of Ralph Chapman. But Hugh, that's an incredible one.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So he was as I said, all the way through. He was always the lead in everything.
Speaker 5: Every every year we half for all the rest of you, isn't he Why would you even go for any of the parts in Joseph when you know herey, if not Hughey, then Ralphi you get it. The Chapman boys.
Speaker 9: Yeah right, she sounds like you.
Speaker 5: Still you would be you'd be filthy every year again? Or tubing up all the parts? O mister great showman. Okay, all right, let him go Jack. We can't help him. Max. Good morning, Max, Hi, good morning Max. So were you twelve your school holidays at the moment?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I am all right?
Speaker 5: And uh so is it someone who's at your school right now is famous?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Phillips Camras, Oh from boy he Swallows Universe? Yeah like that right? He is such a great act of you. Have you seen by Swallows Universe? Have you seen that?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 5: It's great, isn't it? So? Is he friend or is he just at school?
Speaker 6: He's my friend?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Oh that's pretty cool. You must be very proud of him. Yeah, awesome. Well, Max, enjoy your school holidays. You got anything good planned?
Speaker 7: Or going into the sea?
Speaker 5: Today, Oh lovely day. To get you out in that city. I don't wandered around the great clouds. Love it. Enjoy Max, have a lovely day, you see, Jimmy. Good morning, Jimmy. I'm good Jimmy. All right, fame in the classroom? What's your story for us?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 9: Anna peck.
Speaker 5: Out? Who Anna pack onin? Is?
Speaker 9: She won the Academy Award when she was about five or six years old toward the piano.
Speaker 5: Yes, the hell of a movie the piano. But I didn't know they gave them to kids Academy Awards. Little little kid.
Speaker 4: The next category is best Child in a Movie.
Speaker 5: They've got the kiddie Oscars. But that's incredible for the piano.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and her mum was actually my English teacher. So this funny story is one day I was pretty disruptive at school, a class and there she was, Jimmy set in her office with Anna pequin.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Pretty good claim to fame, right, Yeah, all right, thank you very much, Jimmy.
Speaker 4: She shouldn't have started with funny story.
Speaker 5: We get them from Patsy Christian Connell Show podcast, which has been checking out a young child really just did win an oscar for best Supporting actress who had just been talking about fame in a classroom and the last guy told us about Anna Paquin.
Speaker 4: And a pain. At eleven years old, won the Best Supporting Actress in the Piano.
Speaker 5: This is unbelievable. I didn't know a child had ever won an oscar.
Speaker 4: And she's not the youngest. A ten year old has won one. Tatum O'Neill. Of course in Paper Moon.
Speaker 5: Ah right, Well, mccaudeyl Culcan was robbed, and that's that's movie snobbery. It really annoys me that comedy movies aren't represented. It's harder to make a really funny comedy movie than it is a drama. You pick a miserable topic, put it in black and white. Get Morgan Freeman voiceover. I'm seeing you at the Oscars. I'm looking at ten nominations. Hom alone should have got speak of.
Speaker 4: The heavy lifting mccullage I can have to do in Homer life movie is on his shoulders.
Speaker 5: He gets nothing. It's not money, it's not fair. All right, tomorrow, it's all eyes on tomorrow. This Fitte sounds crazy. You're in a washing machine.
Speaker 4: If you can take a.
Speaker 5: Handle, all right, So Tamar the Hand Final is finally here, come on down nine four one four one o four three. Before you come on down, A lot of people have really helped us out over the last sort of two or three weeks making this happen. Here's some of the ones. Here's some of the people we need to think. Some of these actually sound like someone held a gun against their head just to say a few words. I hope they're okay. Let them go now.
Speaker 15: Hey, Christian Iland here from four to twenty pis. You're proud to be official fully Pie and just had to be part of your hand final. So we're sending you one hundred four and twenty pies to make sure that all fully fans are well fed all the us man.
Speaker 6: Hi, Christian, it's Donna from Dood and Donna Parties.
Speaker 7: I would love to come down and do face painting for your hands final.
Speaker 6: Christian is Adam from a Jason Pettigrass Repairs. Nadal is the one that supplied the grass for you, buddy. I'm really hoping that you enjoy it and it looks really good at the end of the day for your hand or competition.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to see it. Have a great day. Ayj I was on that grass again today when I saw Jack in reception for Monday's shot, I walked him out there. The grass is great. Their eyes are going to be great.
Speaker 4: He is enjoying the synthetic grass just as you wish.
Speaker 5: And listen. Just this morning before the show, I was doing snow Angels on it naked. That's how good that grass is. It's synthetic fun for everyone. Skin on grass. That's my life story.
Speaker 4: Come and see it for yourself.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow from six one hundred pies, so Partsy's obviously having a hand for the like four am, ninety five four and twenty pies for everyone coming down, So anyone is welcome tomorrow. This is the idea. Then you'll be four meters away from the washing machine. You've got to hand all the footy into the drum bang the drama. Be the one you win. On the twenty we've got to give away tomorrow morning. We have no real idea how long this is going to take. It's live radio. Maybe you start tearing through them. People start there, but it's one shot. It's not the best of three. When Jack and Rio were doing it the other day, they had about eight or nine shots yep, until we finally go one. Yeah, and so they finally got the footy in the drum. So if you want to come down tomorrow more than merry A nine four one four one four three. Now, two weeks ago when we were talking about this, I was saying to me, great to have a kettle drum. Jack, take your position. We have a drum.
Speaker 4: This thing is huge.
Speaker 5: Is you ready? Yeah? Yeah, I'm ready. Fire her up.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that is live, no sound effect needed.
Speaker 5: Small, So as you line up to take your shot, Jack will provide live kettle drum percussion like this or the crowd be.
Speaker 16: Going imagine that for three hours at least?
Speaker 5: For sure you want to get up early. What are they doing in that station? I for one cannot wait? All right? Who wants to come on down with this tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Morning The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Come join our Grand Final spectacular tomorrow's radio show. It is our hand final twenty washing machines. Will we want must be one? You just got to get the footy into the washing machine and you win it straight away. We've come a long way in this competition and game I.
Speaker 4: Had one shut one handball to win the washing machine. You always wanted would you capture it or let it sleep?
Speaker 13: Trump?
Speaker 4: When you handball it goes and you won't it anyone can ever go?
Speaker 1: Well, you only get one shut to make your laundry posh.
Speaker 16: This Fisher and title comes once.
Speaker 5: In a lifetime preach Can you only get one shot to make your laundry pop? You heard the man now? A couple of weeks ago, one of the first people that called us up saying she wanted in on this was the Hawks super fan. Do you remember Judy? Yes, yep, quiet character, a real, live, wid lovely woman. Now sadly none of us knew at the time. Judy who we put through first person put through. She can't come along tomorrow. She's actually in the hospital at the moment. Still listen to the show. She's having major open heart surgery in the next two or three's. Were still up for coming and taking part in this, but obviously it has to take it easy moment. She's actually in the hospital at the moment. However, she really wants to win the washing machine, and she wanted me to ask you, Jack, would you handball on her behalf?
Speaker 4: I would be happy to And you've chosen the best person.
Speaker 5: You got the first one. Actually you got the first one on Monday, so it's a big honor. Tomorrow you're handboarding for Judy. She's going to be listening. She's listening right now in hospital as well. Judy. Who knows what could happen to me? But I've got a I've got a good feeling that, Jackie, I've got a really good feeling that out of the ones that well definitely won, that one has got a good chance. Who knows, Judy, don't worry to be going in to kick it in, but Judy Anderson, I hope things are right. Good luck with the operation of the couple of weeks time. All right, who else is coming down? Julia? Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 7: I would love to come down and have the chance to win a washing machine. I've never handballed a football, but I'll give it a shot.
Speaker 5: Perfect. Perfect, This is exactly what we because actually you might be more relaxed. You might just get like beginner's luck tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Oh you can only hope. So unless someone wants to handball for me too, you might have a better shot.
Speaker 5: People, All morning, nomination Jack tries to win you watching machine.
Speaker 4: Julie, We're gonna actually have a little practice area down there tomorrow.
Speaker 5: So they well, yeah, that'll help someone who's never done it before. I mean they have that for footie players, and he still have a crap year practice areas a quick one minute practice session. There go, Master black belt Judia. We'll see it tomorrow. Look forward to meeting you. Thanks a lot, Thank you very much, Ben, Good morning, Ben?
Speaker 9: Morning, mow are you morning?
Speaker 6: Ben?
Speaker 5: To understand, like Jackie boy, you're a Bomis fan.
Speaker 9: My six year old time a bombas hoping for some good news, but.
Speaker 5: Don't put it all on this please. So how old is as your son?
Speaker 9: Ben?
Speaker 5: Great? Okay, we'll listen. Both of you can have a go to my brain. Let's get both of you down.
Speaker 9: That'd be awesome.
Speaker 5: Ben. We're seeing you and your boy tomorrow. Morning.
Speaker 9: Ross, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Good Ross? So you fancy for coming down and trying to win a washing machine in our hand? Final?
Speaker 6: Yes? Please?
Speaker 7: My washing machine is banging around and I think the neighbors think there's something else going on in my apartment.
Speaker 17: Desperate for you washing see please?
Speaker 5: All right, and how do you think you're going to get on to ourrow's one shot? Ross?
Speaker 7: My hands are too clammy to even hold the phone right now, so I'm going to probably.
Speaker 6: Have to ask.
Speaker 5: He always holding out for a clammy handed woman. We will have tow compounder for you to tel cup you know, the other week, to just get you know, people who get a bit nervous and they've got clammy hands. It might be an advantage to clam hand.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think it will slip out at the moment.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow we need to give nicknames to some of the people. I think we need to build up when clam hands is released. Hands tam Hands, You're through. We'll see you tomorrow. Lovely, thank you, Chris, Good morning, Chris, Good Christian.
Speaker 6: How are you going.
Speaker 5: I'm good, Chris. So you want to try and win the washing machine? If your sounding but somebody else.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I would love to win a washing machine.
Speaker 10: I volunteer with my wife every.
Speaker 18: Second week at actually a rabbit rescue orphanage in a Linda in the dandogs, and they.
Speaker 14: Go through so many washing machines and dryers.
Speaker 9: Up there washing all the pet blankets and the rags and all.
Speaker 2: The things that we need to clean to.
Speaker 18: Clean out the cages, and and you know, rescue all the all the bunnies that people just you know, give up when they when they don't want them anymore after Christmas and Easter. So I'd love to win a washing machine to you know, to help them out a little bit, to save them a little bit of money and you know, just have something a little bit extra for them.
Speaker 5: Chris, come on down. I really hope you get it for them as well. And what's the name of the charge as well? People want to listenly want to support the work they do.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's called the Rabbit Runaway Orphanage. They're in a Linda and they're a non kill orphanage rabbit rescue that basically rehomes all the little little bunnies that people don't want any more and find great homes for them for their forever home.
Speaker 5: And the key thing they're non killed. Do I want to check, you know, because if you're kidding them, you're not having any money from me.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: I don't want even broider some sort of moment or scandal. That's what I always say. That's what it was last winning Tomorrow they're just going to go and kill so many bunnies. Now we've got this no you eat those bunnies on. That's the number one rule of bunny charities. Keep going. No one kill more of these animal charities. Should before you get my own money. You're not killing the dogs, are you? No? All right, Well that's in Chris, come on, come on down tomorrow. Bight Days.
Speaker 2: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Every Wednesday we look field stories of coincidence and chants. You can share them now nine four one four one o four three still for grabs. This week's cool the week which is one thousand dollars in cash. What are the odds is waiting for you now, believe it or not?
Speaker 14: What are the ards?
Speaker 5: You gotta be justhing me black?
Speaker 3: Were you with Cheryl who married on?
Speaker 5: Who works with the Cheryl who married her on as well?
Speaker 7: So I'm identical twin and we're mirror twins. Everything's opposite.
Speaker 6: She had two girls and I went on to have two boys.
Speaker 7: We have a birthmark on our legs. Stay excited, same shape, opposite leg. I'm right handed, she's left handed. But everything's mirrored.
Speaker 17: Making a crumpet last week, standing there waiting for it to pop up. The crumpet popped up, slipped twice in the air and landed in the second flight.
Speaker 19: Guy living in the same suburb as me had exactly the same first, middle and last name as me, and his wife had the same middle and first name as my wife.
Speaker 5: What are the Odds? We begin with this amazing story by Jake Devini listened to us over in wa Kristian I was volunteering in a small group project tagging sea turtles along the remote western Australian coastline a few years ago, non.
Speaker 4: Kill I hope.
Speaker 5: One night, one of the girls was wearing a somewhat unique jumper with the group we were talking about, and one of the guys mentioned that his late sister used to have the same jumper. They kept talking and realized that the jumper she was wearing was actually his sister's old jumper that his family had donated to a thrift store in London, the same shot where the girl had got it on a trip on holiday to a wow. It still had a name on the tags. Still blows me away to this day. What are the odds? Jake? That's an incredible one. Thank you very much for sharing that. Nine four one four one four three Debbie, good morning, Hello, how are you Debbie? We're good.
Speaker 17: What are the odds you got a double banger?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 17: I had a friend who'd sold their house and she told me that they bought a house in Sandhurst, and I said, oh, okay, my cousin lives there, but I've never been there. Probably a really big place. Next time I speak to his sister, I'll ask where it is, so, which I did, and end up being my friends had bought the house right next door.
Speaker 9: Believe it or not.
Speaker 10: Believe it, believe it or not.
Speaker 4: What's the double banger part of it?
Speaker 17: The double banger part is this same friend that bought the house in Sandhurst, her birthday was coming up, and I'd found something perfect for a marketplace. However, it happened to be three and a half hours away in Wangaratta, and I thought, well, Mum lives in Wangaratta. I'll bring her up and asked her she'd mind picking it up. She said, no problem. So I finalized the transaction with the personal marketplace, got the address. What were the odds it was a house next door to mom that was selling me.
Speaker 5: On believe it? Wow? Two great stories of you, Debbie Well this morning on the show to get a great one rare actually, Debbie, thank you very much your story.
Speaker 17: Thank you have a good day.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 5: Podcast, Christian O'Connell Show, Christian, you're the try listener inadvertently came up with a place with a person's name, Beulah. Yeah, look for those Stephen King books. And then a lot of messages about Paul Anthony that we didn't need Christian. I think it was said eight times, Christian, I am also a Paul Anthony. It ends now, it ends with us, Christian. Paul Anthony needs a surname. He needs a lot more than that. All right, last few course, for what are the odds?
Speaker 8: Laura, what are the odds?
Speaker 5: What are the odd Okay, what's your story for us?
Speaker 12: I was on the train going from reb into the city, and between two stations is all this vacant land, And I'm thinking to myself, what happened if the train was to stop? Imagine how many snakes would be here?
Speaker 17: Where would you walk?
Speaker 6: What would we do? No jokes.
Speaker 13: I look up and there is a hawk carrying a tiger snake in its claws. I manifested.
Speaker 6: I manifested a snake.
Speaker 12: I was that dumbfounded?
Speaker 13: I couldn't even take a photo because I was just dumbfounded.
Speaker 5: Well, we're all there right now, that train you you made it happen.
Speaker 12: I made it happen. I actually made it happen.
Speaker 5: What are the odd great and have you tried to harness this power in any way, like in the tax lotto with a that the right numbers or anything?
Speaker 17: I only rich hoestly wish.
Speaker 13: Every night I think to myself, why if I can manifest the bloody snake and.
Speaker 5: One off, how cruel to have that gift so briefly?
Speaker 17: Never again.
Speaker 9: I was that in shock.
Speaker 13: I'm not one of these people on my phone, but I was in that much shock that I couldn't even take my phone out and actually take a photo when dumbfounded.
Speaker 5: No, when you're dumbfounded, when you were right in the middle of a dumb founded moment, you can you can't move. No jokes, guys, no jokes please.
Speaker 13: Every day my family and they said, yeah, I've got my little witch Caldron out and I manifested this snake.
Speaker 5: Los All right, Laura, I was going to call you, Lola, thank you very much. You give us a call.
Speaker 7: Thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 5: Now what a story dumbfounded. Uh we go here, Mark, Good morning, Mark.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 14: And one of the odds, well, I bus came past me. And when the bus went past me, as I was walking, the lady lying on the footpath. So we just lying there, eighty year old lady. So helped her up. And then six months later got to the same bus stop, bus came past me and I actually thought to myself, what are the odds? At that time, bus went past the same lady, same place, lying on the footpath, and she just stepped off the bus wrong and I said to her we've done this before, haven't we and.
Speaker 5: As a trap.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and this time there was someone in the bus who actually came back when she saw what had happened, and also got her and carried her home, walked her home.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's a cradl sorce. So it's the same old lady lighting out of.
Speaker 14: A bus in the same bus stop.
Speaker 4: And you're her garden guardian angel twice in her eyes, yes.
Speaker 14: Twice in a row.
Speaker 9: Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Do you think she's doing it on purpose? It's just a fell alive or even to fill someone's hand on you were strangers next week, not this again. It's amazing. I love it. Mart, thank you very much for sharing his story. Mate, have a good day, thank you, and le squeeze one more and it's only the news up next. Luke. Good morning, Luke, good morning.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, good morning.
Speaker 9: How are you Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, yes, good Luke.
Speaker 6: All right. About twenty years ago, I was actually in the UK and then one night in the hotel, I was watching the seven up documentary, which is.
Speaker 14: The Seven Kids.
Speaker 18: It was brilliant interview, it's brilliant.
Speaker 14: And then the one of them became a dentist and I think one was a doctor and a taxi driver.
Speaker 6: And then the next morning.
Speaker 9: I went outside the hotel and howld a cab.
Speaker 5: And it was Tony the Tactic driver. It's such a classic documentary series.
Speaker 9: That thousand cabs in the UK.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, this is a huge one.
Speaker 4: Wo yeah.
Speaker 5: So I sent in the back.
Speaker 9: I was quite stunned for a little bit, you'd be unfounded.
Speaker 14: And then I did actually yell, and then I actually spoke to him and said, to you the guy from the from this the documentary.
Speaker 17: He said, yeah, I am, And I was placeful.
Speaker 7: So I didn't know what to say.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to say dumbfounded.
Speaker 5: Incredible story. Luke, thank you very much. You calm, I have a good day.
Speaker 9: Worry, thank you too. Bye.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Time for this mornings Time Waste on the Christian O'Connell Show up for grabs again. It is on tomorrow's back. The Melbourne Royal Show launches tomorrow runs until the sixth of October. Get your tickets now Royalshow dot com dot au. We have a family past. We won for the best in show to do on the Time Waste that's four tickets up for grabs. On World Shopping Day, team researchers have discovered which songs played in supermarkets cause us to spend the most money. There's science and reasoning behind the songs they're playing. What if they are it's going to put you in the right move to spend, spend, spend.
Speaker 4: That song that goes money, money, money.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I see that makes me think.
Speaker 5: You kind of a negative reinforcement.
Speaker 3: I watched the Money, Money, Money, What I Can Haul and eights Dreams Come True, which was my decads.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's you're on fire today. That's at number one, number one. A broken clock twice it's at number one. Going to get any of these songs? Stick this on people spend money.
Speaker 4: It does have a montage vibe to it.
Speaker 5: What a great montage that'll be, Jack getting your biscuits and pooh paper. What a real great movie montage takes a hemorhoid crane. That's not five because you're interested at number five? Oh no again, it's been as late. I'm don't even motivated to go shopping. Oh I get some more bond socks and number four? Oh hungry I am that. You're right, it's an extra Franks Geese. Maybe you've had a bad day, cheer yourself up with some chocolate love, or maybe you've had a good day. Oh yeah, no, no, crazy people are vibing out shopping up shop all right. Time waste shopping man? Who's playing live in Aisle five? I tell you who? Wow? Way they've got the reds. They're rapping. It's run the f s. Oh we love the seventies supergroup bony m Yeah that bony h and Gold. Pet shop boys are good. Oh they're sitting a pet shop that's rather than pet barm boys, Silver cat litter. You love cottonam Yeah, I actually look a few basics. What about cotton and eyed Joe? Where did he come from? Where did he go to get those affordable basics? You know?
Speaker 4: Not a bam?
Speaker 5: And what about Maya Chadstone romance? My romance?
Speaker 4: Chatt trying to do too much for.
Speaker 5: Jackie boy? What have you got?
Speaker 4: I've got a rocket who wants to save some money? Oh yeah, Alice coupon and his coupon is gold. David Jones and I Kenny g is going shopping?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, where's he going?
Speaker 4: No, he's saut that he's going to pay all that. Kenny Gst.
Speaker 5: That's very good. Kenny Gst is very good. Gold and the Mighty Mighty f pus tones wing an MPOs one bonus gold for that. All right, what have you got them? We're looking for your shopping bands Best in Show. It's a family pass to go to Melbourne Royal Show. Text in your Shopping.
Speaker 2: Mans Now, Christian Connall Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show, Time down to go through your time wastes shopping bands, Best in Show, Off to the Melbourne Royal Show. Family Pass. All right, Jack, you're ready.
Speaker 4: To mark, Let's go shopping?
Speaker 5: Alrighty wow, we there's a lot today op shop boys Gold, well done, Brendan credit CARDI B Gold, that's very good, more all the notes Silver, Spenny Rogers smashing it around, Spenny Rodgers trolley parton gold, Chris with a K, what are you a magician? Two for one direction Gold lay By Andrew get it all up front, Nacking, Cole's Gold, eBay, City Rollers, Silver, H and M and M Gold, limp basket, Gold baskets, very good, Andy, Cold Pay Silver, the slashing Price Pumpkins silver, Shumy Lewis and the Newsagent's Gold Panic at the discount gold Rachel well done, set of Bernard Fanning, must have could Fanning, muster card Fanning sort of Bernard Fanning, No bronze, what about Tenacious ld Gold very good, Olivia Kmart garfun call Kmart garfunk call Silver, Mister big w It's silver trolley, Kernahan bronze, Miley Cyrus Myers bronze, mc hammering down prices, no gold plus a million, DFO speed Wagon stead of Ario speed simply red spots, specials gold very good, Sonya the Arctic Moneys so headlining it if they'd sign you Mega deal, isn't it the Arctic money is more like and discounting crows gold. Very good today, all right? Who is our family? Boston? The Melbourne Royal Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Andy for limp Basket.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast