Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, good morning Rio, Happy Friday, Good morning Patsy, Happy Friday, and happy Friday to Alex Cullen. Good boding. Everyone looking forward to this weekend. Oh yeah, it's going to be beautiful, is it? Is it going to beautiful? I believe?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just say it is. Believe.
Speaker 3: It is Sunday sunshine.
Speaker 1: Old, listen, what have I told you about keeping it right? What about Saturday sun Fine?
Speaker 3: But hey, it's going to be sunny on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Oh We'll always have Sunday, guys, we will always have Sunday. All right, let's get into double thumbs up. We go around the team, we talk about the things we're enjoying at the moment. Could be a TV show, a book, or whatever. Craziness Pats has found down the back of an alleyway somewhere at kmart to do with the Ancho Corporation. For me, Jason Mammo, a big TV show, Chief of War. This is my kind of show, you know, how much I love shogun. Right, this is four warring kingdoms, Jason Momoa. It's setting US seventeen hundreds. Actually, I don't know how loosely or tightly based on what happened to Hawaii before colonization right aka the Americans. And so Jason Momoa is a chief. He's got to bring and unite for warring nations together, islands together to take on the encroaching Westerners.
Speaker 4: That sounds like it was made in a lab for Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 1: Well it is. It's got my name, Rio, it's got better. But I'm really really enjoying. It's beautifully shocked, very good. Apart from a big Jason Momoa, it's a pretty much unknown cast. It's very very good. It's really good. Now. It's also made for how can I say this, women of a certain age. I'm looking at you. I'm looking at my wife, she's not here, but I'm looking at both of you because Jason Momoa is dressed as they would have done in the You've seen it, Rio seventeen hundreds. Every three minutes, you see the best ass I've ever seen. Wow, scantily class say, this is a happily married man but you've got to give it up when you see it that. You know, yesterday we were talking about peaches. Those cheeks are a ripis. I don't know rio you're you're a gym guy. I don't know how he it's like biceps. I've never seen such a strong, firm buttocks in my life on a man. Every three minutes he's running around and obviously would do you know he's dressed like they would have done in Hawaiian as seventeen hundred is a loin cloth and it's it's all asses because it's not just his ass out. All of his fellow tribes mates are but Chase and Mum. I mean, he's a big ripped dude anyway, but that backside, it.
Speaker 4: Is one of the most muscular backsides I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I don't know how. You know those men's health magazines where they go like guns like Dwayne the Rock John So, I want to know the glute workout to get buns guns bottom white. Yeah, I don't know what he's doing. Curls with his ass. I want to see what he's doing. Chase at mamoa, Wow, we want those buns now, it's not just squat there's a scene where he dived in the ocean Oka and my god, I actually rewound it. My wife went, what are you doing? I went, actually just went how did you get?
Speaker 3: Did you get like slow moded?
Speaker 1: Just take that a screenshot, take that to the gym and go to the big guys. Get it like that genetics. He doesn't use dumb bills. He uses bumbill. He was sounding something there. He's crushing walnuts with those cheeks. Honestly. Anyway, the show is called Chief of What. You can find it on Apple TV. We're going to take a break. When we come back, we'll find out what Patsy's double thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Is to O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: We're doing double thumbs up. Let's go to Patsy. What's it for you?
Speaker 3: This week just happened across when we watched The Voice on Sunday night as a family.
Speaker 1: We love that show.
Speaker 3: After it, they had boys Own Life, Death and boy Bands on You can now watch it on seven Plus and it was a story of Boyzone. It's three part series, absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 1: It's incredible because it was on the UK a couple of months ago and I saw the view saying it's very moving because it's quite story.
Speaker 3: It really is. It tells their life story and the struggle with the anonymity and you know, becoming famous, and how Ronan Keating nearly was booted out of the group very early on because it was a quote one of the managers or something said, oh, you've got to get rid of the blonde guy. He can't sing, and yet here he is the most successful of the.
Speaker 1: Loss at a point. But yeah, I means, then stop him, and actually he's encouragement to any of Ronan's a multi millionaire. We're not a great voice. It's a lovely, lovely.
Speaker 3: Guy and it's so likable on the voice.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's brilliant. I've been on this show a couple of times. He's a I've known run for years. He's a lovely, lovely guy.
Speaker 3: It's just so likable on that show and just takes them in and encourages them and backs them. So you'll love it. It's a three part series that surprised me. I was really really loving it. The other thing I brought to Double Thumbs a number of months ago, how we get our coffee beans at Aldi The Larzio coffee beans that's you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Other people were saying much they love them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so cheap because you know all the other big supermarkets you'll pay thirty forty fifty bucks for a bag of beans.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 3: These are about I think fifteen sixteen bucks. Well, now the world agrees with me.
Speaker 1: They have been voted the litigation. Wait the world eight bellion people.
Speaker 3: Yes, they've won Australia's best coffee at the world's largest coffee roasting.
Speaker 1: News for them and green news for your pocket.
Speaker 3: Great and also great news locally because they're roasted by a Melbourne based company, Black Bag Roasters. So if you are into your coffee, you're looking for cheaper beans, but not forgoing quality. I'm not getting paid for this. By the way, go to Ali.
Speaker 1: Sound disappointed, Why not chuck us some magic money beans? Hey, come around leave, cough up.
Speaker 3: It is great coffee and the world says so. So there you go.
Speaker 1: It's the world at first double thumbs up from the world. All right's second break. We're back on gold one oh four point three with the alex and Rio's double thumbs up. And please send us your recommendations. What's good at the moment? What are you enjoying?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're doing double thumbs up. We do it every Friday. We go around the team and we share what we're into at the moment. Rhea, what are you enjoying?
Speaker 4: I'm currently on a mission to try and lower my screen time on Instagram and TikTok because getting out of hand. I don't know if you guys find it the same. You just somehow waste away all these minutes, and you I just feel dirty up minutes you do.
Speaker 1: You're right? Actually, then suddenly, when those forty five minutes has gone really quickly, do you feel that it's a sting of shame? Yes, you're a friend of mine does now he uses Instagram. What he does though, if he wants to post something, he has to download the app again, and it's such a fath right and to inconvenience himself, it's cutting down his usage. So he wants to look at it, he has to download the app and then use it, and then delete it and download it again. He's half to just by doing that, he's half his usage.
Speaker 4: Is that? Yeah, that's a good one. I've actually found. I guess the nicotine patch equivalent of that. It's a website called wiktok, and I've replaced it as my Instagram addiction. And it's formatted exactly the same as TikTok. You just keep swiping down. But it's interesting Wikipedia articles and just like the most interesting parts from it, So you just keep swiping down, swiping down.
Speaker 1: Halfway house. That's really good. It's like low alcohol beer. Yes, exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: So the one I was reading was the nineteen oh fourth Summer Olympics about the men's marathon, where this is a crazy, crazy, crazy marathon. The first place winner took a cab during the race for ten miles, and the second place winner took a mixture of brandy and rat poison by accident and was carried over the finish line by his countrymen who were running like moving his legs as though he was running like a weekend get burnished, and then the finished. The third place runner was a random Cuban guy who arrived last minute wearing street clothes because he lost all his money gambling.
Speaker 1: A lot of people we now go remind them of the name. Real what's that? It's called wiktok. Wiktok, great idea. It's awesome, all right, Alex aw slighting you up.
Speaker 5: Well, you're talking about Instagram there and trying to lessen your time on Instagram. I'm on to Instagram talking about this very site, to this very page called twentieth Century Melbourne and oz History. And like, I've never lived in Melbourne, obviously, I'm a newcomer, as is my family and my wife and three young children. So I want to kind of get a sense of this wonderful city and the history as well. And so someone's put up all these videos and photos of yesteryear in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: So twentieth century it's in the name.
Speaker 5: And I've been I was just watching last night this amazing story. Someone's put up a news story about Collingwood fans at Victoria Park in nineteen ninety one. They're standing in front of the Adelaide Crows fans just screaming obscenities at them, shouting the Collingwood song.
Speaker 1: Careful they use that as part of that defense. Now it's not just Snoop Dogg. They're we wind to that.
Speaker 5: No, but like rabbit Collingwood fans, nothing's changed.
Speaker 6: History repeats it into the twenty first century. And also they've just got like videos of people dry follow down the streets of Melbourne like a spring night in nine and eighty nine. It's just a wonderful little snapshot of Melbourne and this wonderful city. So I'm really enjoying going through that.
Speaker 5: There's another one Eddie McGuire, very very young atymcguy are doing a news story on Saint Kilda.
Speaker 1: Player that's on the eighteenth century. Its Eddie and black and white. Yeah, mate, he looks so young.
Speaker 5: And Sin Kilda playing in their last game at Morabin. Going back and seeing you know, thirty three years at Moraban in the last game first of August ninety ninety one, it was or ninety two, sorry, ninety two.
Speaker 1: So yeah, just I love that star a right. Give it a name check again in case people want to give it a follow.
Speaker 5: Twentieth century Melbourne and oz History. A little Instagram page dedicated to Melbourne's yesteryear.
Speaker 1: What I was trying to find out about the city when I moved here. Someone once told me that they changed the shape of the river the era. They didn't like the shape of it, so they more or less picked it up and sort of moved it. What I don't know, if you're just saying to a wide eyed Pom. I'd love to know if anyone has that information about the change in the shape of the era. Please do let me know. All right, we were about to get into the user sport text us. Then your recommendations for double thumbs up four seventy five three one oh four three
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast