Speaker 1: Before we start the show today, we and I have some news that I really don't want to have to share, but we have some show news, yes.
Speaker 2: And really big changes to the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So late last week I was informed by the powers at b at Arn, which is the parent company, that they have identified my roles and my position here at the Pickup with you two as roles that won't be returning in twenty twenty five. So I just want to say that it wasn't my decision, wasn't my call. I really wanted to stay on this show with the two of you, and that I love working in radio and I love working here. I have been told that it's, at the end of the day, a financial decision for the company.
Speaker 2: Mitch. We also want to say, oh.
Speaker 1: No, don't, don't know, no, don't because listen, the critics said that a gay man and two girls on radio wouldn't work, and now we're hysterical it's not going to be good.
Speaker 3: Thing is we've done the pick Up together for two years now, but we've co hosted together for three years, and this is not what we want for the show. It's a decision that's been made that's out of our control and you know, Britain and I we have to continue on doing the show without Mitch and without you, and when we are utterly devastated, we love what we love what we create together. We love what this show is and we still see us as a trio. And yeah, when we got the news as well, we couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are not only our co host, but you're one of our best friends.
Speaker 1: And we.
Speaker 4: The reason that this show has been such an amazing show is because we were not people that were put together in a room and say do a show. We were three best friends and we still are three best friends. And I want you to know that you are by far the most talented, funniest, hard working person that I have ever come across. And I am jealous at the people to get to work quick. You next to break.
Speaker 1: I want, well, I want you to, but you know our hand has been forced. Listen. I am so grateful, I genuinely am for what they have given me over the almost decade I've been here, almost a decade. You know, I started on the Kyle and Jackie Oh Show when I was nineteen and I was their burista. I made their coffees and let me tell you I was a kid who dreamt to have a show like this, and now I've had a show like this, and now I've got way more time to dream of more dreams and head on out and doing this show and connecting to the audience that are listening now and working with you two and having every show at the radio station. I cleaned the toilets in this building when I was twenty, you know I started here. Yeah, actually go back to hate char to discuss that.
Speaker 3: But Mitch, you are a brilliant broadcaster and this is this is the biggest loss to this network.
Speaker 2: You're not being here, It really is.
Speaker 1: I know. I listen in the press people are talking about it. I wanted to come out today and just say that I am done. I'm finishing up, and this is not going to be the last you hear of me. You get me go follow me on Instagram right now. I'm a killer for a shameless plug.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Wait, we need to get the handle in there at.
Speaker 1: Mitch Jury, give me a follow. But to you two, to you Laura and Britt, you girls have such a brilliant skill of connecting to people and to embrace me on this show. Like you have. We've done this for three years has been a privilege. And being able to come on here and laugh and have fun every day. I'm so lucky. I am. And although I don't get to choose that my next chapter isn't with you. It's not the end for us. It's not.
Speaker 2: There's one hundred sequel, I hope. So I'm about a sequel.
Speaker 1: And you know, to Grace, our executive producer, like one of my best friends in the whole world, I love you more than anything. And now this is a sub session, and I just want to end this and say to the listeners who've listened to this show, because let's be real. When you first heard me, I was a kid, I was in the closet. I didn't know who I was. I was pimply, I was terrified, and I was so happy to be on it, and all those things still really are the same. Matter of the closet now is really good. I have loved every moment of it. So I'm here to the end of the year. So it's all good. This isn't goodbye. This is just let's carry on.
Speaker 2: We love you so much.
Speaker 1: It's all good for us.
Speaker 3: It doesn't feel real and I think everyone can hear how upset we all are by this decision. It's just so not what any of us want, and we just think it's it's a It is a huge.
Speaker 2: Loss for us.
Speaker 3: The last thing is we will be your biggest cheerleaders no matter what you're doing forever like that. You are going to absolutely smash it because you are the brilliant broadcaster like Mitch Churry, you will there will be something amazing waiting for you.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Girls.
Speaker 4: I just want to add, I just want to add that Laura and I were podcasting for years, but we were brand new to radio. We were babies to radio and the person that took our hand was you from day one, and you made us better at our job, and you encouraged us and you told us that we could.
Speaker 2: Do it when we were scared.
Speaker 4: And we are who we are a big part of our identity here at radio because of who you are.
Speaker 1: I love you, guys, And Robert Eonin's going to be great with you next year. Have we announced that yet? That's not been announced, Okas Robert Tomorrow, all right, we love you, all right, You're on the pickup. Love you guys,