Speaker 1: Come on, I guess who's back on the air.
Speaker 2: I guess who's back. Just yeah, look, BRIT's not back. Unfortunately, No, I should say that again, fortunately because she's still in the African jungle. She is still in I'm a celebrity, to get me out of here. Yes, and we still need you guys to vote. Nothing has changed since we went on holidays.
Speaker 3: Beggars every show for our friend, not because we wanted to win, because she's so mean. When she doesn't win, we don't. She's competitive. I wanted to win.
Speaker 2: She's not mean. Don't say bad things about her when she's not here to defenders.
Speaker 3: She comes back and she doesn't win, She's going to listen to every tape of every show we did to make sure we plugged her in that goddamn jungle.
Speaker 2: This is true. Please please vote a bit Ritney. It's on ten play on Channel ten, and she's back in tonight. She is going to be doing this Viper. No, she's not the Viper and that was Sky Wheley. She's going to be the Deep Freeze, so good that you've been watching every episode of The Deep.
Speaker 3: Freeze is like a facial thing. She gets done every fortnight to be fine. She probably asked to do it. Did you find her a bit of bowiehile? Now we love breathe, Oh Midge.
Speaker 2: It's so nice to be back. But I've missed you.
Speaker 1: I've missed you too.
Speaker 2: I mean, not enough to call you while we're on holidays, but I missed you. Now I'm seeing you.
Speaker 3: No, we have one FaceTime while we're on break, and I think it was a butt dial. You're on a go check in the middle of Semoniac and I'm like, Laura cough fines if you need help.
Speaker 2: That's not true. I was in bed and I had plenty of time to chat to you, and I missed you too.
Speaker 3: It's just you and I. I'm having fun doing the show with just you. It's nice.
Speaker 2: Let's just hope it doesn't listen back.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: No, you know, Britt, she was going to listen back. She will.
Speaker 3: Let's go around Australia. This is the pick up. Welcome everyone that boarding past to the euro Summer. By the way, the next fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're doing this pick can't It's our favorite segment every Monday, Laura Burn Is it.
Speaker 2: Our favorite segment or is it your favorite segment. You're bringing her back.
Speaker 1: Every week out here microphone stops wor sorry, please turn me back on. When you've got this.
Speaker 3: Much fan mail about a segment, you have to keep doing it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's what the people want. But also it does keep me abreast of the most important topics of the.
Speaker 1: News, isn't it ever abreast? Shut up? All right, someone's watched Bridgeton, given me breach. Anyway, these are the biggest stories over the weekend.
Speaker 3: You may have missed them, and I bring them to you, Laura, and you tell me whether or not we pick it up, we carry the conversation, or we put it down and we shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we stopped talking about it.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: So here we go, Sasha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher announcing their divorce.
Speaker 2: Pick up and I am so for this. Okay. If you guys didn't see and I'm across it, I have to tell the stories. I'm gonna tell you, Okay. So over the weekend, Sasha Baron Cohen and isle of Fisher, they announced that they were getting divorced in what I thought was a spectacular way, because I think we take divorce too seriously. I think if you've decided to end your relationship, have a bit of a you know it, have some fun with it. They said, they posted a photo of themselves with their tennis rackets, dressed in tennis attire, and they said, finally they're putting down the rackets after X amount of years of being married. Anyway, there's been a lot of people talking about this because Sasha Baron Cohen is in a bit of trouble with Rebel Wilson at the moment, allegedly in trouble with her new book that's coming out, and people are saying, oh, maybe they only announce their divorce because of the speculations. And my theory is, no, the reason why they've announced their divorce is because he's obviously in the news, the microscopes on him, which means there's probably paparazzi's at their house. People are gonna find out that they're divorced, and so they've just kind of been forced into telling people, maybe sooner than what they were ever going to.
Speaker 3: Also, I think it takes the narrative away from the Rebel Wilson story, right, It makes people talk about the divorce.
Speaker 1: It's also a nice attraction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay. Look at us sitting here with our tin fall hats on. I've just I think it was handled well and I think if you're going to get divorced, that's a great way of announcing it publicly.
Speaker 1: Thanks for getting me your breast, So I'm talking about breast. You don't like them? All right? Moving on?
Speaker 3: Pick up put down Abba celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of winning Eurovision.
Speaker 2: Put down? Why do people care? It was fifty years ago.
Speaker 1: Ab Abber, you bridged Abba Abber, bridged the void between odd Scandinavian, weird European people and the pop mainstream.
Speaker 2: And it's a void that people were desperate to bridge.
Speaker 1: How dare you?
Speaker 2: I just don't think that. I mean Eurovision. I know it's big, I know people care about it, But do we care about what happened fifty years ago?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I wasn't here.
Speaker 1: I wasn't here. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe they're fifty year.
Speaker 1: Old to do people do care? Because fans gathered in.
Speaker 2: A flash mob, renny how many fans.
Speaker 1: At least six?
Speaker 3: The shit they they were in Brighton, which was the city that hosted the nineteen seventy four Eurovision Song contest, And I want to say, put your put your fish out for Abba.
Speaker 1: That's what's something Swedish.
Speaker 2: Some people really hang onto the past. I feel like it's time to move on.
Speaker 3: You love Oh my god, no, no, if we're at a wedding and dancing Queen came on.
Speaker 2: Love it, I love it fifty years love it? No, I love Abba. It's the Eurovision part, Like, that's the part that I don't get. Why are we celebrating something from No? I love Abbawn.
Speaker 1: That's all right, moving on.
Speaker 3: Billie Eilish adding you, Laura and me to her close friends list on Instagram over the weekend.
Speaker 2: What put down? Because I don't think that happened.
Speaker 1: Go to your phone right now.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 1: Go to your phone.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to text you and tell you because I knew you'd freak out. Billy Eilish doesn't know, but I've interviewed Billy Eilish Socials the pick up all lady in the cat go follow right now every time, I'd implore everyone listening right now, go find Billy Eilish on Instagram. The green circle on Insto Stories means you're in her close friends. If you've got it, Bally Eilish, do you have the green circle.
Speaker 2: But she's got no she got her stories up.
Speaker 1: Oh then she must have deleted them. She did over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Wait, she put you on her close friends and this is meant to be news that people care about.
Speaker 3: As a marketing ploy to promote her new music, added everyone of her multiple one hundred million plus followers onto her close friends on one.
Speaker 2: Hundred and twenty million is. I don't think anyone cares about this in their cars right now. But I'm glad you do you speak?
Speaker 1: Do people care about being on? Billie Eilish? Just close friends? What celeb would you care about if you were Katrina round Tree?
Speaker 2: Jason Moa like a tree? I'm sorry about him.
Speaker 3: No, no, speaking of a tree. BRIT's in Africa. Not a good segue. It's a very good segue. Rich in Africa.
Speaker 2: Britt is in Africa. And also we have been getting exclusive content from her. So one of the caveats of her going away and doing the show I must have already get me out of here was that we wanted to get some insight into stuff that's happening in the camp that was not shown on TV. So we've been getting exclusive interviews and coming up next, Brit is going to be talking to Frankie Munis, who's the guy from Malcolm in the Middle in the Middle.
Speaker 1: He Malcolm.
Speaker 2: He was chelseatn middle with brit Prodigy good Luck.
Speaker 3: He's sat down with the world's biggest stars, Brian Cranston, that other acted, the little kid actor and now Brittany Ockley.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know what it's going to hit him.
Speaker 1: We'll play that exclusive audio next on the pickup.
Speaker 2: Now, if you've been listening to the show so far, you would have noticed that there is one very important part of this trio that is missing. She's not here, and that is Brittany Hockley because she is away in the African jungle for I'm a celebrity, to get me out of here. So she's been getting these exclusive chats and recently she spoke to Frankie Munis, who is the guy from Malcolm in the Middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's Malcolm.
Speaker 2: He was the child star. And I mean, if you guys remember that show, it was absolutely huge years ago.
Speaker 1: Twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: They were known for like one of the first sitcoms that will get giant celebrity guest stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's one of the things that they're talking about. Well, Britt has a she's an amazing chat with him and we're going to play for you now enjoy.
Speaker 4: Hey, I want to ask you. I feel like on Malcolmnmill you had so many amazing guest appearances like Emma Stone, Betty White, who else? Who's the most amazing because I feel like you've had access to some amazing celebrities, Like what was Emma Stone?
Speaker 5: Like Emma Stone, So it was one of the first things that she did when she was on.
Speaker 4: The show, so she wasn't what she she wasn't big yet.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I think it was one of the first things that she did. So obviously don't know it's Emma Stone's.
Speaker 4: Right, she's Emma Stone, but she'stone.
Speaker 5: It's just another kind of actress coming to do a one or two day, you know, appearance. I remember being very nice. Dakota Fanning. One of her first things ever was on Malcolm Eric Stone Street from Modern.
Speaker 4: Family, So Da Fanny must be young or she was like five or six and was her first thing as well.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was her first thing, but it was pre I Am Sam which was the movie with that might, but it was funny like with her. I remember one time we did the episode of Malcolm and she was like.
Speaker 1: I was older.
Speaker 5: I was older, meaning I was fourteen.
Speaker 1: She was like six.
Speaker 4: But she was like she was crushing on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you're fourteen.
Speaker 5: I was always into a much older girl than me. Why are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Pre my wife?
Speaker 2: Like, how am I shoulder?
Speaker 5: God? I'm I'm getting all the truth. Like my ex was ten years older than me.
Speaker 4: Right, did you have your first kiss on on the two V show or do you remember?
Speaker 5: I can't remember if it was my I don't think it would have been my first because but on that Bowling episode that I was talking about yesterday, the girl there's a girl that I might have a crush on, and with my mom, I'm just so embarrassed and with my dad like I'm like getting really close to her and it seemed really good.
Speaker 2: But how old are you in it?
Speaker 1: I had been fourteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: And this girl like to me, was like so cute and like so much older.
Speaker 1: I think she was sixteen.
Speaker 5: She was so much older than me, you know what I mean? Yeah, I remember being pretty nervous, but actually no, I remember I was in a movie called My Dog's Skip when I was I had been eleven when we filmed it, and like I kissed this girl like a quick like kiss.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I remember being so.
Speaker 1: Excited about it.
Speaker 2: See do you reckon your first kisses?
Speaker 4: On TV? If you're that young and you're doing a first kiss, do you get to rehearse that? Or because you know, think of everyone's first kiss. You have no idea what you're doing, and then all of a sudden the pressures on you to do it in front of a film crew on TV, it is it.
Speaker 5: Is definitely no, you don't rehearse it, so you just go straight. In these days, like I know, it's changed even more to where there's like, what are they called intimacy coordinators? Ye ye, you know, like everything where you put your hand, where you put your.
Speaker 4: It's like a choreography, like you roll.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like you know, back in the day, it was like okay, action and you're like, when.
Speaker 2: Are you sitting yourself? What kind of gets me going? For freaking?
Speaker 4: But remember being awkward or you embarrassed or by this point had you been on set for so long that it was just nothing.
Speaker 5: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: It never bothered me.
Speaker 5: I remember like this might sound creepy, but I just remember always being like I get this scripts and I read through them and if there was like a girl that I had a kiss, I was like, who are they casting?
Speaker 1: Like who is it going to be?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: I get because we get thirteen to six years or whatever.
Speaker 1: It was, Like I think about it.
Speaker 5: I think I kissed like on Malcolm probably like twelve thirteen different girls about the seasons, Like Malcolm always was like somehow making it like he was so awkward. He was always making just pull chicks.
Speaker 3: Well, if you want the full chat, you can hear it on the podcast. On the pickup, you can get more of that. That was like kind of a bit flirty.
Speaker 2: I fell No it wasn't. But I also I love that you get to have these little behind the scene moments some Brits in the jungle.
Speaker 3: We want her to stay and we want her to win. So your votes are powerful in the show. You can vote for her to enter the challenges, which gets more airtime. You can also vote to get her to win and stay in the competition.
Speaker 2: So the way it works is you get ten votes per day and you have to vote every single day. So if you've got the time you got the energy, go and vote for Brits on ten plays.
Speaker 3: But you just need an account that you can just vote click click click ten times. Hey Nick, on the show, I think I need to move out of home. I live at home with my parents. Something has happened in my new relationship, and I think this is the this is the final straw for my family.
Speaker 1: I need to leave.
Speaker 2: We've been saying that to you for a while.
Speaker 1: No, but this is bad something There's been an incident in my house.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 1: My child at home? I'll tee you next to the pickup.
Speaker 3: I revealed on the show before Break a couple of weeks ago that I'm in a new relationship having a great time. It's really fun. Like I'm very happy, which is good, Laura, I'm happy.
Speaker 2: I feel viscerally nervous for you for whatever it is that you're about to share.
Speaker 1: Well, I've been teasing it all day. I'm also living at home.
Speaker 3: I moved back home almost a year ago, in July last year, so I've been home.
Speaker 1: I lived with my mum, my dad, and my little sister Rachel. Love them all. We all co lived together in a really it's like almost like friends.
Speaker 2: It's almost weird the dynamic that you guys have because you're all so close and you will get along so well. And you had been the grown up children living all under the one house, like under the one roof, that there might be some friction. But now you guys love each other.
Speaker 3: We'll at dinner last night, we all like sit on a lounge and massage each other's feet.
Speaker 1: It's a cute thing. We love each other. We're like that family and the Charlie and the Chocolate Factor.
Speaker 2: Who just land mums still cut your toenails?
Speaker 1: No, no, no no, we stopped that about a month ago. So I love living with my family. Now being in your relationship and being with my parents, it means that my new partner has to come over and stay over like I wanted to stay over.
Speaker 5: We go.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I kind of have like my own area of the house. It's not like a granny flat, but it's underneath the living area and it's at the back. It's got my own bathroom, so it's quite private, which is nice. I'm a twenty eight year old man, so I want the privacy.
Speaker 2: Trusty, no matter how close you are with your parents, your parents don't want to know about that.
Speaker 3: Well, well, this is this is the problem because he's been staying over for a couple of months now, and we had a wedding not long ago. Actually produce a Grace's wedding. Who's here on the show. We went to your wedding. It was a beautiful wedding.
Speaker 2: Wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We got home at about one am and we got into bed and the bed that we're in most nights, and we start kissing, you.
Speaker 1: Know, have a little kissed Mike, good night. It's a beautiful wedding. We're filled with love.
Speaker 2: Oh it's always the case. After you've been to a wedding, you just love each other so much more and then you're like, maybe we could love it.
Speaker 1: Vibes were high, so I go to like, you know, I don't get up out of the bed. I'm on my back.
Speaker 3: I try to sit up and I put my head on the BedHead. I've got this Kohala BedHead that he sits against the wall. I put my hand on the BedHead and I go, oh God, I'm like, babe, did you move the bed back from the wall.
Speaker 1: He goes, no, I didn't move the bed. I go I didn't move the bed?
Speaker 3: Why is the BedHead moved five inches from the wall while we were out? Someone has come into my bedroom and moved the bed from hitting the wall, because clearly it's we're causing a ruckus.
Speaker 2: You've been banging it into the wall and your poor parents have been listening to it. How did you not know that you're a disrespectful like roommate, that's what you are. How did you not know that you were thumping that into.
Speaker 1: The walls with parents in cars? Kids? Okay, kids?
Speaker 2: How did you not know?
Speaker 3: I just I just didn't realize. But someone has entered my room and moved my bed back.
Speaker 2: Laura, do you know what this Wasn't your mum, because beautiful Michelle Chrory, she's not She can't move a bed. This is your dad. Your dad has come into your bedroom when you're not there and he has moved your bed.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's a team effort. I think they're all complicit, and they've all walked in and Rachel, mum and dad have gotten one corner of the bed eage and gone we need to sleep peacefully.
Speaker 2: Did you ask them?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not?
Speaker 2: So you're going to pretend like it didn't happen. You're not meaning you don't want to know who it was that moved the bed.
Speaker 1: We all had breakfast the next day.
Speaker 3: Mum made scrambled eggs, we had toasts and we all just looked at each other like nothing happened.
Speaker 1: I'm not bringing this up.
Speaker 2: I need to know. I need to know. You can't get through life without knowing who moved the bed.
Speaker 1: I'll be fine, I'll sleep like a baby.
Speaker 2: I have my tres number. No, I'm not No, you don't need to know, but I need to know, and so does the rest of Australia. We'll call him.
Speaker 3: No, this is my show as well. It's not I don't want to call my dad. It's gonna It actually makes me anxious.