Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast here.
Speaker 2: But it's playing for the convenience, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I'm very generous with my head movement hammer Schnargen The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Coome on.
Speaker 5: It's Friday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Coome on in Jack.
Speaker 2: Morning, Tame, come on in Pat, Good morning.
Speaker 5: We've just been watching the opening ceremony of the Conwealth Games live at the moment in Britain and the host city this year, which is Birmingham. They're bringing out all the countries before that. They've just had that absolute learn of old rubbish that they do all these ceremonies where they go. You hear the commentators trying to tell us about the symbolism and this symbolizes the turn of the Industrial Revolution.
Speaker 4: Are in about the nineteenth century and people.
Speaker 5: Are waving ribbons around with different colors and throw some jackets.
Speaker 4: So I tell you one thing.
Speaker 5: They're wheeling out these countries very quickly, quicker than the Olympics, aren't they good?
Speaker 3: The Olympics take this part where they come out and play very hours. It takes ages We're already up to start before that song.
Speaker 5: Yes, dream Patsy's news all right, So on today's show then when I have all the usual favorites like Knockoff Friday, the time waste. But the big thing we got is the Trade Games Gram Final this morning in two hours time, right on the eve of the Conworth Games, major sporting action will take place a Stain Tools Stadium. Who needs bowing in the Sutton Tool Stadium at eight o'clock this morning, Patsy, what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 6: I've got a massive, massive weekend. We've got a ball, a lovely winter gala for Saint Vincent's Hospital. And where are you tomorrow night?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, go to they're raising money for the hospital. So and we're a special guests, which is very nice of them.
Speaker 3: Is this the first time you will get dressed up since before COVID?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: She's always dressed up, I.
Speaker 6: Mean getting and I'm hoping my dress still fits.
Speaker 2: I haven't tried it on.
Speaker 4: But anyway, by the way, do you hear that they're the special game? You and Chris but a special guests? And where the main event? Chris?
Speaker 3: And we're not thraw out the red carpet.
Speaker 6: It's an open bar, and he hasn't had that sort of freedom since the first Lady's Birthday.
Speaker 4: Christian stringium a bloodshot eye for about a week after.
Speaker 3: The Sarah party in your house built a beer bong out of your home, so watch.
Speaker 5: Out if they got any Hoses'll be sorry. That in half to Black mcguiver to fashion a beer bong at that fundraiser. To all in the name of raising money and our special guests, where now make a.
Speaker 6: Bebon strict a short little lead tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: It's so hard with a free bart the weekend, isn't it? And Jackie Boy the big reunion this weekend.
Speaker 3: That's right. I've been split up from my wife and son for two weeks while they've stayed on the holiday that we took two weeks ago, and I pick them up from the airport in the morning. I'm so excited. Honestly, if you had asked me months ago, when I was in the thick of like late nights and interrupted sleep and crying baby, I would.
Speaker 4: Wait to get rid of them.
Speaker 3: We said, I would have been for a little bit of free time. But it only took It was about two days of free time, I reckon before I got lonely and missed them.
Speaker 4: You have had too much free time, haven't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And now I've been counting down the days, and tomorrow's the day, and it's today.
Speaker 4: Like spring cleaning, Yes, yes, been away for a couple of days.
Speaker 5: She's away all next week and the day of the re arrival, it's just cleaning everywhere, mopping.
Speaker 4: It has to smell sparkling clean.
Speaker 3: Even the fridge needs a clean because.
Speaker 5: They opened stuff like that. They go, oh, you couldn't throw this whale. This has gone off. Can also make a recommendation get some fresh flowers as well.
Speaker 3: Dear, I just wouldn't have thought of something like that.
Speaker 4: I've been out this a long long time. Hard lessons for no a braker.
Speaker 8: No are listening to the quest you know?
Speaker 5: Kyle's show podcast coming to this hour also talk about the Neighbors finale yesterday, which we all watched. I actually found notly moving at the end as well. Before that, though, double thumbs up Friday, Patsy, you're the queen of this.
Speaker 4: What is it for you this week?
Speaker 2: Well, I've got a few little tidbits this week.
Speaker 4: I the morsels from the top table. Yeah, frost paupers, some entree, mummy man.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I on the way to school pick up.
Speaker 6: You know, it was freezing cold and I was a bit hungry, too late for dinner.
Speaker 2: Won't eat my dinner.
Speaker 6: You know what, I'll have a hot chocolate. I'll go through the drive through and have a hot chocolate. So I just had to me Cafe hot chocolate yesterday. Got it at the Mendo Lake store. And I tell you.
Speaker 2: What, it is, the best hot chocolate.
Speaker 4: Probably the best. It was just the best in that moment. Come on, there's no way it was.
Speaker 6: My expectations were a little low too, because it's not like your barista making toy.
Speaker 4: It's a drive through. One has to do what one.
Speaker 5: I'm a special guest at the charity gala Bunton Saturday.
Speaker 3: Tell you what, man, get the driver to order it.
Speaker 6: The driver tell you what it was. It was delicious. You need to give it a go.
Speaker 2: And it hit the spot at four o'clock yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 5: I won't go on a pilgrimage this weekend to have a flipping Macca's hot chocolate. When there's those cafes, I could walk to way to get a really nice homemade one that they put my local place to.
Speaker 3: Put two marshmall marshallow.
Speaker 6: Yes, well this this was like I'd let them melt. I normally like gobble them up off the top, but this had sunk to the bottom. So as I drank the last bit, it's like when you have a drumstick with the chocolate at the bottom of the cone. There was like this lovely chocolate marshmallowy, like.
Speaker 2: Just a little It's beautiful.
Speaker 6: The other thing I do want to give a shout out to Licording Licordon Bleu, maybe give.
Speaker 4: A shout out to a French tutor can come and have your say it right curt On there, Thank you Gordon Blue.
Speaker 6: Which is a cooking school out at Glynn Waverley, and they made me and sent it into into the studio here the most beautiful fiftieth birthday cake and it was absolutely sensational. It was like a beautiful chocolate chocolate e cat even better anyway, they're also the lovely people that sent those delicious croissants last week.
Speaker 4: Remember.
Speaker 6: Very beautiful crossol and they were weren't they delicious? Melting your out, So thank you to those people there. Le Gordon Bleu I still can't say it. And just my third thing this week really quickly. They're old shows, but we're rewatching them. One is Derek, which is Riki show, so funny, so well written, and I just we loved it again. Oh absolutely the scene where the dog dies. People who've seen it will not I don't think Ricky was acting. He's got such Oh he just loves.
Speaker 3: M That makes it sound like they killed Ricky's dog.
Speaker 6: Now I'm talking more about his acting prowess. He he is just a freak. He's so so talented.
Speaker 4: The Gordon.
Speaker 3: I think he's in mcafe hot trucklate.
Speaker 2: That's it. The baby sweet Yeah.
Speaker 8: This morning The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Next hour a Taranta Ran will sing Live to the World.
Speaker 5: Are the opening of the Comonwealth Games because the whole city is Birmingham. You're around the eighties band of from Birmingham, but as are Robert Plant and Jimmy Page led Zep. Why can't we have led Zepp in four years time? The Common Games is here in Victoria, so who will they have.
Speaker 3: A great question and will there have to be someone not from Melbourne but from regional Australia.
Speaker 5: Mondo Rock Mondo Rock Live and for his time to the world. All right, double thumbs up. Friday on the Christian O'Connell. Shall we go around the team some of the things we're into this week, Jack Post?
Speaker 4: What is it for you?
Speaker 3: All Right? I have a very comfortable pair of shoes I've seen, but it comes at the price. I went to get some new running shoes that and I also wear my runners like in everyday life. So I hope to just go seamlessly from gym sport to walking in here and walking around the house. I got some I was going for, like Nikes or something cool, right, and then the lady at the store, which she was super passionate about these assexs, and I was like, yeah, but they kind of look like dad shoes. I gotta admit that's a dad shoe.
Speaker 4: I have a pan your two pairs. Yeah, they are shoes.
Speaker 5: My wife has them as well. They are mum and dad shoes. You are, now, Jerry Seinfeld.
Speaker 3: I said, first, I said no, and then I kept trying on the nikes and they were very comfortable.
Speaker 4: Once you try them on, you're buying them.
Speaker 3: And then I put on the assex and she was right, it's the Assex GT one thousand, lie two.
Speaker 4: Yes, men's walking shoes.
Speaker 5: I want the dogs in them. The dogs are happy, my feet are happy. Once you try these on, there is a turning point in every man's life and women's life where you stop worrying about esthetics and it just becomes only about comfort, where you don't even care what people look at you and.
Speaker 4: Judge you, and I judge your work. I'm so comfortable.
Speaker 3: It happened to me at Rebel Sport this week and I saw myself in the mirror and I said, I'm transitioning.
Speaker 4: I'm going full What a transition story that is.
Speaker 3: But this support you get, yes, and.
Speaker 5: This is how you start talking about them. You start saying stuff that but the arch support and can we just talk about that ankle. That ankle feels like it's being cradled my.
Speaker 3: Hand, honestly. And the team here, because they're younger than nurse, most of them are coming. They're making fun of me.
Speaker 5: But wait, a couple of years from now, comfortable, we meet up and we will see you in these assets.
Speaker 3: The ass GT one thousand, l E two men's walking some hang on.
Speaker 2: They can go from gym to supermarket or out for dinner.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, really, it's a walking I would out for dinner.
Speaker 5: I don't think you're going out for dinner. Come on, we're not Americans have some kind of standing.
Speaker 3: And I've stop wearing him in here because the young people on this.
Speaker 5: No, you mustn't do that. Back at high school, you're grown ass man wear the Monday.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna wear mine.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, show would come from Monday, Why feet struggle.
Speaker 3: The other one is, as one of the youngest person people on this show, I feel my responsibility to check out social new social medias that are coming out. Be Real is a new social media that I'm.
Speaker 4: It sounds really bad.
Speaker 5: It sounds like a fundamentalist Christian group their own social media platform.
Speaker 3: Be Real it's the next TikTok. This is That's what people are saying, the next TikTok. That's what people are saying.
Speaker 4: So I don't need any more social media platforms.
Speaker 3: I thought I would get in on the ground floor, and then.
Speaker 5: This says to me, you've had two weeks of too much time by yourself.
Speaker 4: Well you're idling around Instagram? Is it enough you? TikTok? Is it enough? Sell me?
Speaker 3: Be Real no, you're right. Actually it does seem like the dullest of them all. It will send you a notification once per day, and then you've got two minutes to quickly take a photo. And the idea is that you can't prepare, you can't get all glammed up for it, you can't be at the best location that you're going to. It's just you and your everyday life Real be Real. So I'm looking through my friends be Real and they're all kind of boring because my friend sitting on his couch in his apartments, my friend turning on his air conditioning. I don't think I'll stay on be Real for very long.
Speaker 5: What a great anti sell for this that should just be called get a life.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 5: Last night, then end of a really big era of TV. A TV show that actually my country and your country both share. It's bigger in England, where Neighbors has been watched for decades by millions of people.
Speaker 4: It's on twice a day.
Speaker 5: There was the original screening at lunchtime, when if you're sick from school you always watched it at lunchtime, and then it was on again at five, half past five, and it was one of the biggest shows in on British TV for years and years and years. So the fact that this came come to an end it felt last night when I was watching it all you actually felt like you were saying goodbye to an era of TV that actually isn't going to ever be the same again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right in a way because now we're so used to streaming shows with big budgets, and it was funny to watch Neighbors again like considerably a lower budget that we're used to.
Speaker 4: It was spoiled.
Speaker 5: Now it's a feast of all this amazing streaming content. We've got almost too much to keep up with what show you should be watching? And because we grew up with the TV, that's just how it was then. And also they churned out thousands and thousands and thousands of episodes over the years. What do we all think of it, Patsy? What do you think of it? Yesterday?
Speaker 6: I hadn't watched it since I was like fifteen or sixteen, And I know what you mean. It's kind of I don't know ifl like last year is the right word to use, but I exactly.
Speaker 4: Worred Jack and I were texting each other yesterday. Jack said, lacklust year.
Speaker 3: Actually, as it started, I texted other people to say, is this the last episode or second to last, because it didn't start with the fanfare of like this is the final over Neighbors.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it felt wrong, wrong that it was a Thursday night not anyway.
Speaker 2: I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 6: I love that Charlene was back Kylie and Jason, and I love that Annie Jane was back.
Speaker 2: I loved it back when I was young.
Speaker 5: The stuff with her and Guy Peace, it was just great son. Obviously, Guy Peace is a big, big international at superstar like Margot rob as well, but him just committing to a very simple storyline of the Neighbours show.
Speaker 3: It's that good on here was built around Guy. He must have been of the biggest stars that have come out of Neighbors. He must have been the one that said, yeah, I'll do this properly, whereas Kylie came back and didn't say a word.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: It's kind of weird, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What was that I couldn't work on what the story was?
Speaker 5: That there'd obviously be a story there, and I also know from somebody who worked on that show as well, Margot Robbie. Obviously she did her bit, she wasn't there. She sent forty bottles of champagne for the a classy thing to do. But yeah, I thought the end, I felt it was actually quite nostalgic. I thought it was really I was actually surprise they moved by it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's how I felt. I haven't watched it in years as well, probably since I was a kid. So much so that Tony in yesterday's episode I noticed had an adult son and I was like, they.
Speaker 4: Grew up so far. I was reading yesterday.
Speaker 5: Over the years, then at Eron's brother, there's been one hundred kidnapping and hostage situations. I mean, I know some suburbs in the city go through quite a lot. They've also been thirty nine natural disasters. That's almost one a year.
Speaker 3: As a dangerous spot, yeah.
Speaker 5: Sixty four deaths, fifteen people have come back from the dead. Oh well, what a show. So today I thought we do a special version of the Weakest Claim to Fame. It is such a big show, and it's actually so many we know about the stars who've been in front of the camera, but so many people would have worked on that.
Speaker 4: Show over the years.
Speaker 5: There's actually a bit very big Melbourne institution really and TV institution here in Britain as well. So weak is claim to fane? What is your weakest claim to fine? Some of you may have been background extras in it as well. Weakers claim to Fine a Neighbour special and Jack and I were wondering whether there's anyone listening who's actually seen every single episode. We've obviously stopped over the last twenty years, but maybe you stuck with it Neighbors.
Speaker 4: What have you got?
Speaker 8: Christian Connell's show podcast at.
Speaker 5: Eight the Swan and they went back to the sun Tall Stadium and it's a grand final innocence. We'll take on experience in the trade e games, five thousand dollars up for grabs. He'll be the king of all trades. We talked this warning about the ending finally of Neighbors. What is your weakest claim to fame? To do with the TV show Neighbors on nine four one four three. We've had some great claims to fagne over the last year or two. Been doing it that often Neighbors comes up some of our favorite ones. There was a Caol We had once about someone's partner fainting due to a heat stroke at shopping center and Luke Carpenter from Neighbors came to the rescue. You remember that also that somebody used to work at a Taels record center.
Speaker 3: With Harold Why he was on the show.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Then, So what is your weakest claim to fame to do with the TV show Neighbors? Nine four one four one four three, Trevor, Good Morning.
Speaker 9: Good Morning team.
Speaker 4: How are we Trevor? Tell us about you and Neighbors? Then?
Speaker 10: Yes, I did six episodes as a BMX stunt double for two of the actors.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, think of the stunt scene.
Speaker 10: I got from a friend because he was too tall. He was a stunt he does stunt all over the world. And he rang up me because I was a bmxter and he's like, no, I think he'd be the right height. And I got there and I was the exact height of two of the actors, So I got the job.
Speaker 4: What was the stunt? Can you remember? What did you have to do? Because if his neighbors, who want me to think too death to.
Speaker 10: Find No, there was a few if I had to do a three sixty over a set of doubles in Harold's back in his garden.
Speaker 3: When did Harold have a set of doubles in his gardens?
Speaker 10: Well, the kids got the shovel out and made some dirt jumps up and one idea was raining the lay in a puddle. I'm like, I'm just laying in this puddle in the I was freezing. I was like, this has got to be worth some good money.
Speaker 4: Do you remember what you were paid? You wouldn't have been paid much of that.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, one time I was there for twenty minutes. I nearly got around a thousand dollars And.
Speaker 4: Wonder the shows wrapping up.
Speaker 5: Page that they could have gone and they could have actually made a Friday night episode they run out of cash.
Speaker 4: Trevor, thank you very much. You're cool, all right, see you guys.
Speaker 5: Paula, Good morning, Paula. What's your week claim to fame to do with the neighbors?
Speaker 11: Okay, So back in the eighties I used to work for kmart Roville on Stud Road and they used to close off the front of the car park and do filming there on our lunch breaks. We used to come out for our lunch break with their standwiches and standing there and watch the actual show being filmed, just like.
Speaker 4: The Hollywood lot.
Speaker 5: You know, if people going and see what TV shows and movies have been made for you. Who's the later scenes in Neighbors paul on a lunch break.
Speaker 9: That was that was just amazing, like just to watch the more filming and they had the all the big trucks there, you know, and we're obviously we're getting fed and everything there. It was just like, oh my god, we're watching the Neighbours things films in the car park, just.
Speaker 4: To see those famous people eating the back of a truck. Paula, thank you very much. She called us.
Speaker 5: Go to Matt good morning, Matt. Hey, I'm good, but happy Friday. All right, yeah, what's your week clean to fame? To do the TV show Neighbors?
Speaker 12: My week claim to fame was and kind of skizzed sometimes.
Speaker 4: Is I was.
Speaker 12: In an eighties cover band with Kim Valentine in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 4: Was that was that Libby?
Speaker 13: That's Libby?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 12: And she was only about eighteen at the time, but she loved the eighties and wanted to sort of be part of the whole thing.
Speaker 7: And it was right when we were launching the band, and everyone thought.
Speaker 12: We were crazy because it was only nineteen ninety five and the eighties hadn't finished that long ago.
Speaker 4: But five years is it reach? Yeah, I remember five years.
Speaker 3: Ago that would be like us now sewing in twenty sixteen cover be.
Speaker 4: It was songs by the Black Eyed Peace.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but because she was singing, of course, the rooms were absolutely packed with Davids fans and they were handing her roses and doing all sorts of stuff, and she was sort of dressed up like Kim Warden's loving it. So there.
Speaker 4: Oh awesome, that's a nice story, Matt. Thank you very much. Have a nice weekend you too.
Speaker 8: See well, Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Since we saw the show about four years ago, Belly Weet goes by. Actually we don't get some kind of call about neighbors. I think we've actually had about ten of the cast members taking part another phone in. Oh yeah, it just happened to be listening.
Speaker 3: Not because they're from neighbors, the Timmans, and that we spoke to the whole Timmy's family, the whole.
Speaker 4: Family we found on and Stephen Dennis as well. Do you even when I was obsessed with Stephen Dennis for a while.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian, Jack and Patsy, Connie and Jason used to skateboard outside at my shop.
Speaker 4: All these incredible stories.
Speaker 5: Today to do with the weakest claim to fame, we're doing a neighbor special on No.
Speaker 4: Four one four one oh four three. Good morning, Ben, Good morning all.
Speaker 14: We claim to fame. Young Ryan Maloney, which is a ka Tody, was by our son's basketball coach, junior basketball coach.
Speaker 4: This is a great one. You've got to tell us more. Please tell us more, mate.
Speaker 15: The guy is a cracker.
Speaker 14: He's he's a bit of a legend. He's a great role model for the kids. He started up his own basketball club down on the peninsula. He was the president, he coached, he got around it. You know, he did some personal development coaching.
Speaker 5: And I mean Phil Jackson wasn't in neighbors I think on the great Phil Jackson.
Speaker 15: He yeah, mate, he was.
Speaker 10: He was really good.
Speaker 14: He was running like seven am basketball lessons for the kids at the local stadium's midweek and then need to go off and shooting.
Speaker 13: Remember one like what are you doing that.
Speaker 14: Work stuff?
Speaker 15: What do you what do you got to range work?
Speaker 14: And He's like, oh my lines, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, this was this mullet, Tody? Or is this post mullet?
Speaker 14: No post mullet.
Speaker 7: This is very serious.
Speaker 4: Serious, that's right.
Speaker 3: Don't have the other basketball team senior coach with a mullet and not taking the game seriously.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's what the TV show had to change his storylines because of his basketball coaching.
Speaker 1: Ben.
Speaker 5: That's a great one. Thank you very much for sharing that with us. Have a nice weekend, Mark, Good morning. What's your week claim to fine to do with Neighbors?
Speaker 16: Yeah, morning, guys, it's another totally one.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm happy with all Tony calls all day.
Speaker 16: Yeah, he's a great, great blake.
Speaker 4: But I was in can I just point anything?
Speaker 17: Am?
Speaker 5: I tuned in thinking he's died and we're doing some of your memories today neighbors. The TV show has died, but everyone is well okay, so Tody is as well.
Speaker 4: Carry on, mate, rest in peace.
Speaker 16: So we were I was in year ten in the nineties and catching a train home from the old Spencer Street station of Eline train from school and can we get to Spencer Street station? They're actually filming an episode there. We were so excited, but the scene was once our train left, Tody was actually chasing after it, and I think his mate Jesse Spencer was might have gotten on the train. He was trying to stop the train, but he never caught us. But it was a great, great fun to see that episode.
Speaker 3: Your party history.
Speaker 16: Mark. Yeah, I'm not sure I got in there, but but but yes, it was. It was good fun.
Speaker 5: But it would have given so many people in the city a little touch of showbiz. Yeah, of something being filmed, of what it all looks like. Mark, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The coll This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: On the show today. Then coming up this hour knock off Friday.
Speaker 5: Will we always ask you the best question the week What time are you knocking off today? What is the highlight for you this weekend? And at eight o'clock it is all about trades taking each other on in the trade e Pentathlon two. Trade's five tougher than tough, tougher than tough, tough events, tough you, but tough face. That's enough toughness. On today's show, I saw at a tool before that, though Neighbors finished yesterday after thirty seven years, nine thousand episodes, No An institution here an even bigger institution in UK. Jin's heyday. For fifteen years, each episode would pull in between eight and ten million people watching in the UK. For many of us, me being a teenage growing up watching it, I actually thought, this is what Australia must be like, to know each can't have it short changed, haven't been for who's gotta be honest. But anyway, that's not for now. This morning we celebrate a great TV show. We're looking for your weakest claim to fame, a weakest claim to face, special to do with neighbors.
Speaker 4: It deserves this like this some Karen.
Speaker 5: Years ago, I was volunteering at the RSPCA, were sawing through some old paperwork. What I saw that, Toady, It was great, Toady. All pass me to Toady.
Speaker 4: This morning. Brian Maloney had come in the day.
Speaker 5: Before the doctor two guinea pigs, as I said, him and his family were lovely. Christ I'll admit this is a very very weak claim to faint. No, it's this purpose all right, that's the kind of standard we're looking for this morning. It's low nine four one four one o four three. Good morning, Chris, are you I'm good Chris, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: What have you got for us? Then you and the TV show Neighbors Neighbors.
Speaker 7: Okay, so when Kye was first joined, she was an apprentice mechanic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember that. Yeah. And the overalls, yeah, the grease under our eyes.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was shot at Lavernon, at the Lavernon service station where it was a fuel and a mechanical workshop. So we used to go there and make used to say, our neighbors are coming down and they take over the whole service station, everything, the workshop. And the funniest thing was of the aar in at Cliff was played fifty dollars a day. Dollars now back in the andes was worth a bit, but fifty dollars and he said, oh that's great money. You know, make a lot of money doing this. But anyway, so he got to see Kylie and the crew and.
Speaker 5: Also yeah no, So Chris, thank you very much the show and have a good weekend, Buddy, Thanks you calling you too, Thanks christ you, Jason.
Speaker 15: Good morning, here were you.
Speaker 16: My claim was that my boss is an apprentice back in the early nineties for thy Piece's motorbike.
Speaker 4: What a claim to thing?
Speaker 5: There are about three different links to get to that out there that motorbike. How much did he pay for Guy PiS's old motorbike?
Speaker 13: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 16: It was about four and a half the hoosand at the time, bloody.
Speaker 4: How he's not getting any mates rates of fans of the show? Is the old guy?
Speaker 18: No? No, he had four daughters, so I think he bought it just to tell them that he had.
Speaker 4: Had his boy, right, Jason, thank you very much. You cool. Have a nice weekend, do you do?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 18: Sheey, Hello, my week claim to fame is that the Neighbor's agents raiming to do Margo Robbie's makeup when she started on Neighbors and I was busy and I didn't really.
Speaker 19: Try, and I hear anything much of her or it would be anything.
Speaker 13: And she has for a picture at the end, and I was like, oh, if you want one, okay, And then she just turned out to be a massive celebrity, making twelve million dollars.
Speaker 4: Yes, one of the world's biggest actresses right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, Chevy, we all have regrets.
Speaker 4: Yours is a Margo.
Speaker 9: Robbie one, Yes, definitely, all.
Speaker 5: Right, thanks you cool? Might have a nice week in Christian. When we were living in box till about ten years ago, our house was used for three days as the home of one of the main neighbours characters, a legitimate daughter.
Speaker 4: What a claim to fame. Thank you very much, Peter.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: In an hour's time.
Speaker 20: This when trades go to war, only one can rule them all. Ship be's prickies head to here. Who's the sharpest in the shed? Flooring, filing, framing, fences, cash, He's canton fIF for breakfast, Tradees, time for more?
Speaker 4: God is one?
Speaker 3: You're fighting?
Speaker 21: Four?
Speaker 5: Over one million trade East called their show Let's go with a Rio.
Speaker 4: Then one point seven million.
Speaker 5: Tradees called this show to say christ Jen put me into the trading games.
Speaker 4: Sorry only eight.
Speaker 5: From one point seven million to eight has been a hell of a journey the last few weeks. Monday we had eight trade's all trying to be crowned the ultimate trading this morning in an hour's time or thanks for Sutton tools. Five thousand dollars up for grabs. The money only a small part of what this is really about.
Speaker 4: Honor.
Speaker 5: It's down to two innocence will take on experience. He got the wide eye. Newcomer Jaden the next generation of Tradees Trady five point zero.
Speaker 4: He's a plague.
Speaker 5: He's a plate run installer, taking on the wily old veteran ten years younger than Platte.
Speaker 4: He's fifty one. Jason la Plummer, Ah.
Speaker 5: Rio is down there now. Jack has left in Tesla one. Tests one is in.
Speaker 4: The air right now. Baby Bird is on his way. Why's he left so early? I don't know. It's about twenty minute drive.
Speaker 5: Anything to get out of any work on the show anyway, Rio this show.
Speaker 4: Sam Mack is down there now. Rio described the scene.
Speaker 3: Christian.
Speaker 22: I know we might have been using the phrase Sutton Tool Stadium a bit liberally for the last two days, but today it truly is a stadium.
Speaker 3: It is glorious.
Speaker 22: I am looking at a grand stand that hopefully we're going to be filled with people by the time the first event comes around. If you thought the signage on Monday was good, Christian, oh my word, wait do you see it's renay Oh to next level signs everywhere?
Speaker 4: Thunders all buffed up?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Shiny's has ever.
Speaker 4: Been worth the alloys? All rimming?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, yes, go with it.
Speaker 22: Yeah, we've got a barbecue, we've got a coffee cart. We've then got the pista. Is this stance? We have the obstacle course and the pentathlon. Sorry, and it is not your nana's Pentatlon Christian. This is a gnai odd course. I'm looking at three probably fifty or sixty meter lanes. We've got wheelbarrows, we've got skips, we've got bricks, we've got cubby houses.
Speaker 3: It's a big old course. They are going to be absolutely buggered by the end.
Speaker 5: Lovely there, okay, lovely choice of works. It's a tough price for the runner up today. All that live on air in an hour's time. Before that, then, like we do every Friday, we ask you the best question of the week on knockoff Friday. On Friday, it's all about what time are you knock off, isn't it? And then your weekend begins whatever that weekend is. So this weekend, what is it for here? What is the single high night of this weekend? What are you looking forward to share it with us? On nine four one four one oh four three? And so it's what time you knock off today? Patsy, You've got a big weekend.
Speaker 6: This weekend, Yes, and I've got a spray tan this afternoon.
Speaker 4: I've got a PRIs my life sau off for a spray tan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bit of color. Yeah, we've got the Winter Gardi Ball for.
Speaker 4: The say where'd you go?
Speaker 5: My wife goes to a mate of hers shoe who does this. It's her garage. She's got this whole sort of setup set up.
Speaker 6: You would want it in the garage because it gets everywhere, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't want it inside.
Speaker 6: No, I just go off to Brazilian Butterfly and wear abe the girls there and look after me.
Speaker 2: That and other things.
Speaker 6: But no, we've got the Saint Vincent's Hospital Ball tomorrow night. Yes, at web they're raising money for their oncology unit, which is a very very worthy go. Yeah, it's my honor to do that. So we've got that tomorrow night at the Italian Social Club.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: It's all about tomorrow night for me daughter, who was eighteen two weeks ago. She's got a joint birthday bidey tomorrow about whether or not my wife and I will be allowed to actually come in for a quick five minute hallo wave and mom and dad get out Broner.
Speaker 1: No, you're listening to the Christian o'kyl's show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're asking what it is a highlight for your weekend coming up? Christian.
Speaker 5: We also have our daughters join eighteenth birthday party tomorrow and I as well.
Speaker 4: It's a two thousand's theme.
Speaker 5: John, I hope you have a great time and your daughter to us so in your whole family doing her friends as well. Tell you I had a real life moment yesterday, Patsy. So my daughters, both of them, they bond over one TV show and that is RuPaul's Drag Race. They love that show. Honestly, it actually helped them through six lockdowns. They love that show. Last night, one of the stars, Jinx Monsoon, was in town doing a show in paran Oh wow. And because Ruby's eighteen now, she passed at test. I waved them goodbye yesterday as my daughter, both of my daughters took off in a car that neither my wife or I were in ASA. As they're driving off and I'm waving away, I thought to us Olf, everything I care about and this one is in that car. They have to come back. They did, by the way, you pleased to know they had an amazing time. All right, So what is the highlight of your weekend, Angie?
Speaker 18: Come on ing hi, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Ange? And what's me knocking off today?
Speaker 18: Ange knocking off at five thirty heading to drinks with coworkers. And highlights for the weekend is heading to Swinburn to do an open day with my eighteen year old who's heading off to university next year.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Snap, how are you feeling about that?
Speaker 18: A little nervous?
Speaker 4: Yeah, speak for everyone.
Speaker 18: It is. I can't believe she's eighteen. Still still consider her to be my little thirteen year old. But you know, you've got to give them wings.
Speaker 4: Yess and they can lie the nest. No one that my parents drank.
Speaker 5: I love it. I hope you have a lovely weekend. It's also it is it's both. There's a strange kind of you're starting to feel the loss, but also it's the excitement. You're lucky that you've raised them, that they can go on and do something. It's a privilege to continue your education as well.
Speaker 18: Well as my husband and I say, we've got our weekends back again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll get to talk about I'm really nervous. My wife and I.
Speaker 5: You know, when you see the old couple who have got nothing to say, I'm like, surely they didn't want to end up like that, but no, we won't go that way. Hey, it all goes well this weekend at swim Boom.
Speaker 13: Thank you, looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: Take care to Michelle.
Speaker 16: Come on, hid morning.
Speaker 10: How are you doing, Christian?
Speaker 4: I'm good Michelle. And what is the highlight of your weekend? Spice girls parties get in? Which one do you donut's dressing up?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Yeah, door, you'll dress up a little bit of old so yeah, does it matter?
Speaker 16: See tails and off I go?
Speaker 5: And which one are you going to go? As you sound that maybe a sporty spiceer. Have you done as.
Speaker 16: Maybe Bubby thirty years ago?
Speaker 14: But now all like baby.
Speaker 10: Spice now right?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, have a lovely time, Michelle, Thank you so much.
Speaker 16: Good on you.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Jenny. Good morning, Chris, I'm good, Jenny. For the block. What have you got? What do you want to this weekend?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I'm moving from the block. I'm going to the next suburb.
Speaker 16: I'm moving house.
Speaker 19: I'm moving house and I'm moving because my dogs need more space. It's not about me and my husband. My dog needs more space. They need real grass to pee on because this glass soon it's fake grass. I need more space.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what as a dog going No, I get it, but moving house, going through all that, just so they can have better material to peon.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's not about my husband and myself or my kids. They've moved out, so.
Speaker 14: We don't wory about them anymore.
Speaker 13: We don't care about them.
Speaker 19: It's about the dogs.
Speaker 4: So you're moving or not.
Speaker 5: I love the fact that we're ever selling your house is going on because you always go beaut Robie and they just want someone.
Speaker 4: For their dog.
Speaker 15: Dog.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you can click up that glass, you know, and I'm gonna love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you will will.
Speaker 5: Moving house, whether it's the other side of the world, it's a It's a huge deal, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Moving house.
Speaker 19: This is nassive. We host so much. My house is like a golden retrieveal I put boxes and he brings them back again, you know, And I said why, And I've just got to check.
Speaker 13: You never know, I said, you haven't looked at for six years right.
Speaker 4: Now, Jenny. That's great. Well, listen, I hope the move goes well. The new suburb okay.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Auto tune Friday morning. It's The Christian O'Connell Show on Gold twenty to eight. So this weekend, good luck Australia, good luck Team GB it's all good in times are these good luck to both our countries. So come worth games. Last year during the Olympics we did someone called the golda thon where every time Australia won gold medal we gave away a golden washingman. Sho friends, Robert Enes, he's had another look around that warehouse. We have a load of golden not washing machines. To check out the price inflation. They're not washing machines. He's a smart business man, Rob. No, it's a golden Smeg kettles. Not just an et kettle. These are golden Smeg kettles, all thanks to eins. Right now you can save up to two thousand dollars on selected Smeg appliances now on NS. So over the weekend you're bound to start getting gold medals. And that means every time there's a gold medal, wo one of you, one house eld gets to WinStar Next week on the show on Monday morning at six a golden kettle. The gold of Thon is back. Now I need to do take some calls on this. I want some opinion on this. I'm hoping that people a going to back me up. Yesterday I was ostracized in my own house by my family. Bearing in mind, in my house i'm outnumbered the three Sisters, the Sisterhood. It doesn't take much for them to rise up together and attack me as the lone representative of mankind in there. Anyway, yesterday I was called a weirdo by all of them. I'd bought some new underwear. This is the kind of wild and crazy lifestyle I lead. I'm on the radio, I'm in showbiz. It wasn't new underwear, but I always insist on washing it before I wear it. And they said, no one does that. I always wash it.
Speaker 4: Do you just wear it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, you've got it. You've got to wash it because you never know what people will do and take back to a store.
Speaker 5: I've been what have you thought about that? I just thought it's based been in a dusty warehouse and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Well, someone might have tried it on at home and oh they're too small.
Speaker 5: You thought that people go into shops and go. Can I just try these underpants on? It's one hut the for size. Yeah, they called me a weirdo. So this morning, I want to know we all do wash underwear before wearing it, don't we?
Speaker 4: Does anyone just.
Speaker 5: Get it straight out the packet and wear it? A bit of Jack was here, he's on his way to He would one hundred percent nine four one four wallow four three. It's one hundred percent unanimous on this one, isn't it? Absolutely we all wash before you wear?
Speaker 4: Surely? I'm so.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Good news everyone, The Thrusters are just calling. Tesla one has just arrived at the sun Till Stadium. Jackpost is in the house. Were crossed him live in a minute. R. Bruce mcavani Master Today Semony. It's time for Rio to start aside the King's there. Wow God on at four point three. Christian O'Connor Show at seven fifty three, ask you this morning, are you with me?
Speaker 4: Surely we all do this?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: So I was called a weirdom in my house by the Sisterhood for washing underwear.
Speaker 4: I just bore.
Speaker 5: I just presume everyone does that. You'll clean it before it goes around there. You want clean round there. That's why you're not straight out the factory aware of it's been. It's all dusty, and it dusty.
Speaker 4: Nine four one four one four three Steve, good morning everybody.
Speaker 15: It's washed before you wear. And it's not just because you wear it down there. Quite often wear clothes, and many fakes overseas they're humigated with pesticides before they are packed up and sent so you can put something down there.
Speaker 4: I do not want pesticides around there.
Speaker 15: No, even your sheets washed before you wear, because you never know where they've been, or who's been handling them, or what sort of chemicals.
Speaker 4: They might be on me. All right, Steve, All right, Steve, have a nice weekend. Liam, good morning.
Speaker 15: How are you guys?
Speaker 4: That were good? Liam? You washed before you were all straight on?
Speaker 15: So first story.
Speaker 13: I used to not wash them until one time we're in water a.
Speaker 19: Pair and I've opened the person I've put them on, and while I've gone to the toilet, I've noticed a massive weird staining.
Speaker 4: Off than somebody else that's you was fantastic. Yeah, you gotta wash all right? How to go to count in here? Come on counting?
Speaker 8: Good morning.
Speaker 4: You washed before you wear.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, have to wash before you wear anything you buy clothing, underwear. There's sheet taugs washed before you were And if you look at the tag on the item, it actually says please wash before you were.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I never I just cut those tags.
Speaker 13: Well, I always read tags, but it actually says that I'm the actual art of clothing or underwear whatever it is.
Speaker 4: So why would we not want an experts advice?
Speaker 13: Absolutely? Yeah, everyone else in your household's wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to cross to someone now, who, I tell you what is probably the kind of person who takes it straight up the packet and sticks it on.
Speaker 3: Am I right, Jack, I take it straight out of the pack Trust the industrial wash the first call.
Speaker 4: You're kidding.
Speaker 3: As for reading the tag, never read the tag, those hieroglyphics that they've got on there with different washing machine.
Speaker 4: Try clean only forget it.
Speaker 3: Not interested, rip those straight off rio.
Speaker 5: A young man like you, the young man about the town, Champagne, Charlie. You're washing before you put on the gut cheese.
Speaker 3: Don't you, No, no, no, no, no, straight on.
Speaker 22: It's one of life's great joys. Straight out of the pockets, slipping ride.
Speaker 4: And bugs are crawling around here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it's got pesticides on us, so I wouldn't me keep away all the.
Speaker 5: Hutch up line is it? It's got pesticides on it. Anyway, guys, guys, let's get to the heart of the matter now right. You're both there together. You are our joint co commentators today for the trading games, which is taking plass in ten minutes time. Jack described the scene down there today. Then at Sutton Tools Stadium.
Speaker 3: It's a fantastic arena. The Sutton Tool Stadium a car park in Thomastown, just off the Western Ring Road. We can see the cars going by. I'm standing at the end of the obstacle course with a briefcase with five thousand dollars cash inside. No point giving these trade is a big novelty check. They won't know what to do now.
Speaker 4: What they love language is Jack and it is.
Speaker 3: The first one of our two competitors, our two trades, to touch this briefcase walk away with five thousand dollars cash. It's down to two people, the playground installer and the plumber. They are the two trades who will walk away ultimate trading.
Speaker 5: This is why we've got our very own Bruce down there today. It's down to two people. This guy understands what's happening today. It's down to two people. He's really thought about the words he's going to use. He's heard Rio. He's trying to throw some shade of Rio. It's down to two people. Thank you Jack, all right, that would come.
Speaker 3: Back being a commentator. It's not a competition between the commentators.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't worried to be some kind of commentator, but you know what it is. You know what competitions are. It's down to do two people. Guys.
Speaker 8: Well, Christian no Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: History awaits us in the trading games, major sporting events and need a major sporting sponsor. Nike tried, no Sun Tours, Sun Tools having us. He spilled for over one hundred years, drill the Aussie way. The only way drew was sudden and thank you very much for Stain Tools making the show feel so welcome. This week, we've literally taken over this place. It isn't the Sutton Tools Stadium today, it's a Suttin Tools Coliseum.
Speaker 17: Wine from old world famous Southern Tools Stadium in Thomastown.
Speaker 4: This is the Trading Games Grand Finals.
Speaker 3: When trades go.
Speaker 20: To war, only one can rule them all. Shiit Be's pritties head to here, who's the sharpest in the shed? Floring, filing, framing, fences, cash, He's cans and fief for breakfast trade ees, Time for more Goldie is one.
Speaker 3: You're final.
Speaker 5: F One point seven million trades tried to take part in this. We whipple it down to eight on monthday official figures.
Speaker 4: If anything, I'm low boarding like I do every day. From six.
Speaker 5: Eight became four on Wednesday in the semifinals, then it became two. It's time for the two to become one in the trading and final. Good morning sports fans all over the world who are tuning in. Big occasion needs two big commentators. They're there.
Speaker 3: Hello Rio, Hello Jack, Hello Christian.
Speaker 4: Okay, Sky.
Speaker 3: I'll take it from here. It's a perfect morning. The weather conditions are perfect for trading events. We are at the start of the trading Pentathlon. Five separate events, specially crafted four trads, and we're down to our last two plumber versus playground installer.
Speaker 4: Okay, break it down for us, guys.
Speaker 5: What are the five events today that make up the trady pentathlon.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm here at the very first event.
Speaker 22: We're calling this the really heavy barrow because it's a really heavy wheel barrow. It's full of sudden drill bits. They will have to run, run, run, run, run it up about twenty meters. Then they will have to negotiate a wooden beam which is only a at a foot lengths wide and probably about six feet long. They have to balance the wheelbarrow and themselves along that beam. Then they will move over to where Jackie's at the moment, which is the skip basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you take it my one there, you don't take his lines, Come on there, just pass it over to me. Then you come to station two, Christian, what have you got jack What skip's been basketball? I have a pile of bricks in front of me. Each competitor will have to use a brick as a ball, like Michael Jordan versus Lebron James throwing a brick five meters through the air to land in a skip. Once they've got two bricks in, they go to station three. Station three the Mystery Saw.
Speaker 4: A mystery the Mystery saw. Mystery Saw.
Speaker 22: The Mystery Saw is a ninety x thirty five piece of structural pie.
Speaker 4: What a mystery.
Speaker 3: They're cutting through woods, so it's cocking.
Speaker 22: And using a very mysterious sawween.
Speaker 3: They will have to spookily saw their way through.
Speaker 22: Once they break it into much like at the wood shopping at the Easter Show or the Royal Melbourne Show or something like that, then they can proceed to where Jack is.
Speaker 3: Now what a station Jack? Station four is a German favorite. Hammerschlagain essentially hit nails into wood. They have ten nails lined up. They have to get three flush in the wood before they can move on to station five. Station four five? What's their rio? It's plus station. The heroes crawl here. We have a platform which they will have to crawl under.
Speaker 22: Above the platform is are four cubby houses that are decked out with garden.
Speaker 3: Gnomes, pot plants, real plants.
Speaker 22: If they can navigate their way through that, they are then left with the final sprint.
Speaker 3: They will sprint down to the final station, which is a briefcase five thousand dollars cash inside. The first trader to touch that we'll walk away with five thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 4: Guys, I've got goosebumps. Were sick with excitement. It's like a thousand Christmas eves who crumbled into one. I can't breathe, I can't read, but I must.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, stay there are the athletes ready, They're ready to go. Okay, after this it's on, the talkie must stop and the trades must run.
Speaker 4: Good luck to the two tradees.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Live to the world right now, as the world tunes in to find out who's going to crown the winner. Who is simply the best trade Between Jade and the twenty six year old playground installer taking on the fifty one year old Jason the plumber. Plumbers taken on playground installers tradees all over mombent on sites listening to their radios now standing still in.
Speaker 4: Honor of these two break up athletes.
Speaker 17: Let's do it live from my world famous Southern Tools Stadium in Thomastown. This is the Trading Games Grand Final.
Speaker 20: When trades go to war, only one can rule them all. Shit be's Pretti's head to head, who's the sharpest in the shed, floring, filing, framing fences, Cash, He's cans of fief for breakfast trade.
Speaker 3: He's time for more Goldie is one you're fighting for, all right.
Speaker 4: We are seconds away now.
Speaker 5: Then from the Trading Tan chapterlong beginning five events all design to work out who is the ultimate trading are co commentators Jack Post and Rio guys over.
Speaker 3: To you, Thank ye Christian. There is proper tension in the air this morning. I'm not kidding. The stands are full. There's bleachers down here at the industrial car park in Thomastown outside Sutton Tools, overlooking two nervous competitors waiting with their wheelbarrows. At the start of the trade e pentathlon plumb up first playground in Sawa. Who will win?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Let's find out then, So guys, everyone's sat down there. We're ready to go, all right, So I'll count you down from five and then when you hear the airhorn, Jaden, good luck, Jason, good luck, made the best tradey win, good luck guys.
Speaker 4: Five four three two.
Speaker 22: And Jaden and the Playguarny stories out of the box. Early they're approaching the beam, Jason flies over on No.
Speaker 3: The playguny stall has made it to the skip basketball first, okay, so they throw I have to throw twas into a skip. Jaden has already got two in the playground in store, eyes ahead, the plumber not far behind him. They both restation three at the same time. The playground installer is now soaring through the pastrick mystery wood.
Speaker 22: The plumber is powering three saws, getting stuck its neck and neck. The plumber has flying through.
Speaker 3: The plumber is now heading towards the hammer Schlager. They're at the hamer schlag in the idea is the hammer in three nails. One is flushed for the plumber, two fus for the plumber, three fust nails for the plumber, and he takes up to station five leading in the pla ground install a farmer hide the playground. The stall has only now just got through.
Speaker 8: And now.
Speaker 3: Because the plummer is under the house, like you would have believed that the house, sonny of the house, the plumber is reaching the end. He's done that.
Speaker 21: The plumber has touched the brave guys. What thousand dollars, how royal flash?
Speaker 20: Well done, Jason, Jason, the fifty one year old plumber is the k o chin.
Speaker 4: What a rice to stop the nation.
Speaker 3: He's one family rush over to give him a hug.
Speaker 4: Weld.
Speaker 3: I'm Jason, how do you feel stuffed? What a rice I feel?
Speaker 4: Can we give you thirty seconds? Jason?
Speaker 3: Well done, you are finding a post price interview, so.
Speaker 5: Go to take us to again. It seemed like a neck and neck. And then it was all about the plumber, the fifty one year old Jason. The bottleneck was surely the mystery. So sawing through the timber patch it up with our playground installer. Now do you not cut through timber usually?
Speaker 4: Nah, definitely not.
Speaker 3: Obviously we found a weak link and the playground installer's repertoire they did not cut through wood. And he really showed there because that's where the plumber got ahead of him. And that huge finish, the plumber's bread and butter is we walk getting under houses, crawling under type spaces, and he nailed those playground houses.
Speaker 5: That's what we called it, the heroes crawl. A hero came out the other side. Has he got his breath? About the old feller?
Speaker 3: How you feeling, Jason the plumber?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Much better now, thanks Jack.
Speaker 22: Yeah, just.
Speaker 3: Exhausted, but at the same time very very pleased.
Speaker 4: Hey listen mate, well done. This is huge. You took on the young comer, you took on every trade in Melbourne. Well done. You're the winner. You're the king of all trades. Jason. Do you want to say a few words? Thank anyone?
Speaker 3: Jason, who do you want to thank?
Speaker 23: I just thank thank go one O four point three for putting on a fantastic event, absolutely superb. The work they've done here, Christian loved it, and sometin tools for putting the vent on done really well and they've been very supportive.
Speaker 4: Thank god. There is a crowd down there. I thought you were joking.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say, I'm a lovely wife. He's just coming congratulating me.
Speaker 4: That's it. Thank you, Christian. She's gone to thank you all. Get that cash there is five thousand times.
Speaker 3: I am a basketball boys from.
Speaker 5: The gold Diggers come out of the woodwork for the be careful watch the ladies this weekend.
Speaker 3: All right, let's let the poor man go. I've never heard of more puffed congratulations Jason the plumber. Plumbers rule the trades.
Speaker 4: They are the king of all trades.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much fora and Jack tough luck to Jayden. That's all the crowd down there as well. Thank you very much to all the trades that made this great fun this week. Thank you very much everyone.
Speaker 8: Well, Christian Connall's show.
Speaker 4: Let me just share a breaking situation.
Speaker 5: I just had to step out the studio to make a quick phone call to my eighteen year old daughter Ruby. Early on the show, I was saying, how she drove yesterday? She passed her test only last Wednesday. This is all significant. She drove her and her younger sister off to go and see Jinx Monsoon show last night from RuPaul's drag race. As was tender to wave them off. I was excited, but nervous, like everything I care about is in that car. Anyway, I've just had a phone call when they were going to leave the car park. The car got wedged between a pillar, like stuck right, hysterical. They couldn't it, couldn't get it out. There's another car the other side. I've never seen such a Well, they call my wife. I'm asleep, right, they call my wife. It's like eleven o'clock. She's hysterical and thank you know last week we're talking about the kinds of strangers. He mum saw them there and help get them out. Anyway, I've just seen a photo of the door and I will put a phone call through to Sheen panel service of Morabin. Do you have a brand new I'm not making this up right, it's going to do you have a new door? But I need a driver's door of a Subaru x V twenty years old. Eight days she's had the car eight days. Luckily everyone's okay. I mean, yes, everyone's all right. But yeah, sheen panel service, Alan, I seriously, it's a driver it's a driver door Super U x V a light blue.
Speaker 4: If you've got it in stock, I'll being over the weekend. So yeah, there's that to deal with. Well, after nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Questian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Jack is still down the line at Sutton Tools and Thomas Town. I just overheard him asking the owner Peterson of Sutton Tools if he can have a free stud finder. I don't even make it up now I know why he's still down there. It is the Friday, last one of the week time Waster Double Bass. Go and see ice House live on a place go see them city my music. Well in November Saturday, the nineteenth November, you can buy your tickets to go and see Ozzie Legends ice House Live nation dot Com today you but you can win them today on the time Wastero. Everybody needs after thirty seven years, nine thousand episodes, sixty eight deaths, I'd even get insurance living in that suburb sixty three berths. Neighbors ended last night, so today we honor this with neighbours movies.
Speaker 4: Jack, how are yours?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me from down at the Southern Tools car Park, Christian, I can hear a free load?
Speaker 4: Yes, I cam.
Speaker 3: I was willing to pay for the sust I do need one this weekend. But no, they don't. They just they do drill bits. They're doing so well that they thought we don't need to do stud finders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. So like Coca Cola, they just make Coca Coda.
Speaker 3: You know, money good, Christian?
Speaker 4: All right? Neighbors movies?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What about her old school?
Speaker 3: Her old school silver plus?
Speaker 4: Yeah, bye bye.
Speaker 5: No, when Harry met Tody, When Harry met Tody, silver plus to Kylie and Mockingbird Gold.
Speaker 4: Twenty thousand Kylies under the Sea.
Speaker 3: Gold plus.
Speaker 4: I thought that would get to I don't know, we gets there goes Friday. This is terrible. No, I'm not doing that well.
Speaker 5: And Friday's the thirteenth Fridays the thirteenth for Daz.
Speaker 4: Hello, Oh he's dropped down.
Speaker 3: Hey, can you hear me? Christian, Hello, I'm trying to give you, trying to give you.
Speaker 5: A bronze brahm forgetting the day's one away?
Speaker 4: Friday's the thirteenth. What have you got? The Neighbors movies?
Speaker 3: Neighbors Movies? Dude, where's my Carl?
Speaker 4: No, you've had two? Dude wears my this week? No bronze.
Speaker 3: Silence of the Ramsey Street. That's really good.
Speaker 4: Heaven silver because the delivery should have been a gold.
Speaker 3: This was a great TV show but also made into a movie.
Speaker 24: Dukes of Harold, Jukes of Howard gets You a Gold? Mad Madge Mad Match also a gold and a great children's film with Frankie Munez. Was Agent Cody Banks. But for Neighbors Movies altogether now Agent totally.
Speaker 4: It's three goals.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Still your amazing time waste is pouring in.
Speaker 5: I don't think I know it's because it's the end of Neighbors or it's a Friday thing, But there are so many time wastess today.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, as always when you send them in.
Speaker 5: Make sure you put your name on the police so we can give you the credit you deserve, all the bronze you deserve.
Speaker 4: Other way, it's all good.
Speaker 5: All right, Jack, you're ready to mark, Let's do it. Neighbours Movies. Ten things I hate about Paul Bronze. How would a Madge go to white Castle cold plus?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 5: Jay, what a reference? Toady recall gold? Well, I'm justin you me and Charlene Silver. I'm Scott a toadfish called wonder gold plus a todinator.
Speaker 3: Not quite silver, Miss.
Speaker 5: Charlene Reality, Miss Charlene Reality Gold our friend on the show who is a big fair as we established yesterday of Sunda, but it loves that one. The Adventures of Paul Robertson Crusoe Gold, The Wolf of Ramsey Street Silver. There's something about Bouncer silver plus driving Miss Mangle Gold that deserves gold. Well corrected, Joe, well done. Charlene's web Gold, the Da Vinci toad.
Speaker 4: That is outstanding work.
Speaker 5: Nancy Jacobell paint on her toadouse gold. The mangol with the Golden gum, The Mangole with the Golden Gum.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 5: Breakfast at Lassiter's silver pass. You mean Kylie silver dirty Harold.
Speaker 3: Pass that he's been fantastic.
Speaker 5: There's something about Missus mangle silver, Harold Bishop hands silver, tim how to lose a guy Pierce in ten days gold? I don't carry throw Missus Mangle.
Speaker 4: From the train.
Speaker 3: Missus Mangle gold.
Speaker 5: All these storylines they could have gotten, all the ten years of storylines of these today m Loo flew over the cuckoo's necks to take gold. And no place for Harold men, No place for Harold men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gold, just because they've gone so well, I'll finish on it up, all right?
Speaker 5: So who is best and show tough to pick jack? But which ones get the double pass to go and see ice house?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: I usually now, because I'm on side down the trading games.
Speaker 4: You've done nothing in twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: I don't have a pen and paper.
Speaker 4: What do you mean? What you got nothing to do down there in that puffer jacket?
Speaker 3: Remind me of some of the good ones. There were plenty, There were plenty.
Speaker 4: I can't remember who got the gold plus yeah.
Speaker 3: Me either it goes in one air ear out the other. That's why I always have to write it down. I remember, laughing. Let's give it to you know what I remember Harold was Harold and Madge go to White Cast.
Speaker 4: You only gave that one silver Man.
Speaker 5: I'll go to the producers here stewardjan Car We're gonna have to review the tape.
Speaker 8: But Christian Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Dirty Harold, Dirty Harold, and oh yeah yeah that was good. Yeah, that's all come back to you now, is it? Dirty Harold?
Speaker 5: You Andrew and Forest here you get the double Bassy, go and see ice House Live Sidney my music.
Speaker 4: Moll.
Speaker 5: All right, So over the weekend, good luck Team Australia. Thirty three golds are up for grabs this weekend. Why what does this mean for this show? The Gold of Thon is back. So that means every time, once more there is a gold. So I just got to get the legal thing here right. I've had the talk of death from our nervous producer Tome about this. Why about the Channel seven listening and shutting this little shebang down?
Speaker 3: Even earlier this morning when the opening ceremony was on TV, he was like, twitchy, look at it, don't look at it.
Speaker 4: He's got anything from that Jack.
Speaker 5: He's got a red laser pointer from a sniper's rifle trained on me. What am I talking about is every time there's a gold medal over there in Birmingham at the Sporting Games.
Speaker 4: Really got say that.
Speaker 5: Everyone listen, I'm out to control of it. But old Lucy goosey Jack when he's in Monday, We've.
Speaker 4: Got no anyway. Those games over there with all those Commonwealth countries. Careful.
Speaker 5: I know every time Team Australia win gold, you win a golden kettle thanks to Ian s So good luck Team Australia.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend.
Speaker 5: We've had major sporting action this week on the show in our Trading Games before we play back the gripping, now biting race in the Trading Pentathlon that did stop the nation today and eight o'clock when we found out there was actually the fifty one year old plumber winning the five thousand dollars in cash, the love language of all traders. Of course cash readies. It was we couldn't have done. Actually, with so many things. When we do big ideas like this, we need actually the clients because obviously our tight wadded boss won't kick a single shell.
Speaker 3: She's down here by the way, that well teller.
Speaker 4: To her face.
Speaker 5: Of course you're down there for the free coffee and stuff like that. But anyway, thank you very much Sutton Games that actually only gave us a home this week, but actually provided all this. So thank you very much all the team down there. I know we've been spending a lot of time at your blake the last two weeks, so thank you very much. Sure making us feel so welcome down there. It's been great fun this week. Let's play back then, so Jack, you were down there. It sounded a nail binding finish between these two amazing athletes.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 3: The scene was set. We had a pentathlon of trading events. The first was wheelbarrow race. The second was skip bin basketball where they had to throw a brick into a skip. Then they had to saw through a piece of wood the mystery saw. The mystery saw hit nails into a piece of wood, and to finish, they had to crawl under playhouses because so many traders have to get under houses. Once they got under the houses, whoever touched the briefcase with five thousand dollars cash inside first would be the winner.
Speaker 5: All right here it is, Here's what happened. Thank you very much everyon making it work this week. I hope you enjoyed it. We've loved it in tradees the show loves you and shading.
Speaker 22: The playguny stores out of the blox early. They're approaching a beam, said flies over on. No, the playgrounding stall has made it to the skip basketball first.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they have to throw twins into a skip. Jaden has already got two in. The playground in store is ahead, the plumber not far behind him. They both restation three at the same time.
Speaker 22: The playgrounding staller is now soaring through the mystery wood. The plumber is powering through his saws, getting stuck its neck and neck. The plumber has flying through. The plumber is now heading.
Speaker 3: Towards the homma schlagger. They're at the hammer slug in. The idea is to hammer in three nails. One is flushed for the plumber, two flush for the plumber, three fresh nails for the plumber, and he takes up to station five, leading the playground installer far behind. The playgrounding store has only now just got through. The plumber is under the house like you want to believe. That's the house sorting under the house. The plumber is reaching the end. He's done that.
Speaker 21: The plumber has touched the briefcase five thousand.
Speaker 3: Dollars you have and he made that how royal flush.
Speaker 1: Well done, Jason, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast