Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast. Let's go. I'm on a tear, I'm on a streak, I'm on the podcast. It is beer day for us on the show, as you about to hear. So, I know a lot of you dotted about all over the world. But if you are listening to this and you're in Australia, if you're head to our website Gold one four three dot com dot Au, you'll find the little link that will connect you to buy our beer, Heroes Gold, which is a bush Fire fundraising beer. So any support I greatly appreciate it, and if you are going to do it, please email me so we can thank you on the show as well. Hope you well on with the show, Christian. Hello, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, after third.
Speaker 2: I love both of you. I've told you before that I love you.
Speaker 3: Only dogs can hear me a.
Speaker 1: Baby in the corner and don't put Christian on Hans for you. Welcome to the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold following four point three good onr in Monday morning. Welcome to the show. Have it a great weekend. The biggest site you needs for us is that our bushfire fundraising beer, Heroes Gold is actually available right now.
Speaker 4: You can pre order.
Speaker 1: It so that you'll get it delivered to your house or office wherever you want it delivered where before it goes on sut Dan Murphy's and b W Wes in another two and a half week's time. So if you do want to support the bushfire fund and our fundraising beer, head online to our website Gold one A four three dot com dot au. You'll find the little link to take you there. It's ten bucks flat fee to get it wherever you are in the state as well, which is pretty good. Thank you very much for Hawkers for rushing it all through over the last couple of days. I think at one point there was a man building the website in Bay Route. Don't ask me why bay Route, maybe hawkers have it goes to cheap out there and Beyroot. I'll get the free that's to wear the world now.
Speaker 3: But it is the same price on the website as it will be in stall a damn Murphy, so you might as well go online and prey order it now. Be one of the first people to ever taste Hero's Gold. Not even we've tasted it.
Speaker 4: No, so there are six hundred and fifty cases.
Speaker 1: We're hoping before it even goes anywhere near Dan Murphy's and be there any us that it sells out? But obviously I appreciate you're the ones that have got to put the money in for this. So grabbing credit card, head online to gold one O four to three dot com dot Au. I've ordered mine. Where are you getting yours delivered? I know you've ordered yours, Joe.
Speaker 3: I ordered them to the front desk of the station because there's always this receptionist here, whereas at your house. I don't hate getting that ticket that says you've got to go to the post office and go pick up your beer.
Speaker 1: Or you live around the corner, can't you pick all urs up and save the ten months? Oh and then do a delivery day just after the shell so and dropping them off at mine?
Speaker 4: And you ordered yours?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got the love Goddess slab. You've got a ut Jack, that's what they'refore.
Speaker 3: You can do the I guess a good go pick them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it'd be nice if the first one hundred that get ordered Jack will person deliver.
Speaker 3: I knew that you would come and hand ea for the show and now to tax right up.
Speaker 1: So head online then god one four to three dot com dot AU. You'll see the little cown there and you can link through. If you are buying it this morning, please let us know. I know you're busy in the morning, text us or whatever. You want to give us a call this week and thank you for supporting this as well. You will notice the price you want to get up there. I'm not going to be embarrassed about that. It is a bit more than normally what you pay for. It's not as expensive some other ones that aren't charity fundraising beer that's prostitching port out. But this is a charity beer, okay, it is a bushfire relief fundraising beer. So I just wanted to crystal clear about why the price might make you go. It's not normally what I paid for Carton Dry, but this is for a good course and it's a great beer as well. The christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Hello Too. Chris Turner stand up late Sunday night in the UK wants to know if anyone there can order the beer.
Speaker 4: We're looking into it. Obviously it's a.
Speaker 1: Long long way to ship beer, and we don't know what the price you would be.
Speaker 3: More than the beer, we might undo all the good work we're doing for charity just by getting it over to you.
Speaker 4: And also global footprint.
Speaker 1: But I appreciate how you want to do your bit to support the Bushfire Relief Fund, which is very very kind. So we will work it out. I am going back to the UK for forty eight hours. It really is a whistle stop torn gonment for forty eight hours. So maybe I will take some beer over with me in a suitcase and just leave it at various places around London under part benches.
Speaker 4: You can help yourself. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We all went to see outon John on Saturday night and despite the rain out at Watchford Rinery, it was still beautiful out there. He was amazing.
Speaker 3: I thought that I actually thought the rain added to it.
Speaker 1: Once you're wet, you're wet, aren't you, And it was I noticed that it didn't change the atmosphere whatsoever. From everyone that was there, everyone's sort of smiling light. We're getting through it and we're not going to let ruin our Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then there's the sunwe down. It became kind of magical, especially because he was putting in one hundred and ten percent of.
Speaker 1: The word he did not. He is an incredible live performer. You get real value when you see out in John. He he made you feel like you were in Vegas. Yeah, he had so much energy and just love for playing his songs, especially some of those songs. How many times has you done them live? But he never made it feel like it was just a procession. He was just going through it half asleep. He was so energetic getting up and I think he managed to point at every single one of us there as well. The Old School showed his pointed were they and you? Gavin Miller told me in the night that he pointed only at Gavin Miller. Now I'm going to attract that he pointed at everyone at the winery.
Speaker 3: Made it seem like a special moment. He wasn't a special.
Speaker 1: Moment, sorry, Gav. He was pointing at everyone. But what a showman he is in his voice. I thought the sound there was world class. How that the whole band as well Olton's band. Ray Cooper, who was his percussionist and one of the percussioners they had three percussionists, is seventy two same age as out and they've been together since nineteen seventy one, and they were both so happy just still playing together. I think the most recent band member that joined the band was twenty two years ago. Elton has been playing with that yeah for a long long time, and they were they were faultless together, and that every single song was done slightly differently than the one you'd hear on the radio. They had like extra percussional There's a beautiful sort of ten minute version of rocket Man that was fantastic, really really really good. I became obsessed with you know, when you're seeing a band live, you just see it and hear it differently, don't you win? It's live? And now what does that guy do? When there was a little old drummer that I googled yesterday. And then the guitarist Davey Johnson's also built with eut since the seventies. He was amazing. Yeah, you know the guy that looked like Tom Petty, Yeah, the big diamonte guitar.
Speaker 4: He was fantastic. But I became listen yesterday.
Speaker 1: I listened to a lot of bongo albums because I loved that. I was fascinating by the use of the bongo is jack and this is what I want my producers to get for Friday. I need a live bongo player here. I think it would help me more if I had a tighter rhythm section to the show. And so I want a live bongo. I don't mean some stony that you find, Okay, it's got those little ones you'd fit between the legs. I mean the big stand up really tall, like four foot ones, because that's what el was John had they had two bongo players.
Speaker 3: So does your bongo play? Do you want him to play while we're talking? Do we go into the songs? Mute the songs?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 3: And he played?
Speaker 4: I mean thought about the multi use.
Speaker 1: I just presumed that while we were talking he would lay down an intense bongo track just to add a bit of rhythm and power to all. But they I thought they were absolutely brilliant. I haven't found an album on Spotify called Better with Bongos. I'm now to take a screenshot. The Gana front cover looks like he'd rather be anywhere else and bent over a pair of pongos. It's the most ad miserable album cover for one that's called Better with Bongos? He's not selling it. The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast man at Lancaster, Who's just brought a slab of our pushfire relief fundraising beer Heroes Gold. It's available now for pre order. It'll be delivered to you before it goes anywhere else before it's on Seal Wildly. It's Dan Murphy's thrount Victoria and at b WS. You'll be to get before anybody else and support the bush Fire relief and have a delicious brew. On the website, if you just got a Gold one I four three dot com dot au you find everything you need that or click through link. As I was ordering mine last night, I was stunned to read about it on the website in that it actually had food pairings. Now, normally this is the domain of wine, you know, whether the wines as good with a steak or with fresh fish. I've never had food pairings recommended for beer. I mean there should be in restaurants a beer someliatek are you thinking about having with your order some? You know, why would just get the wine guy? We need a beer one as well.
Speaker 3: I've never had beer served to me in a restaurant where they tip a little bit in the glass and you get to taste it and they go, yes, I'm happy with that.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is what we demand from now on. Food pairings for Heroes Gold. Food pairings, pizza, salads, Asian food a bit general that one, just Asian food and just any of it. Anything Asian food, Mexican and chicken, but cheese pairing as well, mild white and cheddar. But here's here's what my eyes went yesterday. The dessert pairing. I've never heard beer paired with dessert Lemon short bread. Now, I don't know where the hawkers, the good people the hawkers have met any of our listeners when they're chugging beer down. I don't think they're going.
Speaker 4: Darling darling, So I'm missing with this beer.
Speaker 1: But do you know what my lemon short bread is?
Speaker 4: And then the other suggested fresh berries?
Speaker 1: I don't think some of our faithful listeners have even't had fruit in the last decade. But lemon short bread with your beer?
Speaker 3: Who knew it was such a I would never drink it without?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, make sure if you're enjoy the Heroes Gold, you've got some fresh berries on hand. Mexican food, Asian food and lemon short bread the christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Come on into Sue. She was on Friday night. Elton John obviously sadly out and it was I tell you what, he was still moaning about having the Counselor Show on Saturday night. He wants people to if they come and see him, to have a great experience and a great time. And he was still peed off twenty four hours later. He mentioned it a couple of times, how it wasn't his decision with the keyboards or the piano was getting damaged. And obviously with that expensive gear they've got, which they they slipt around all over Australia but then all over the world on this huge tour. He's been on his final world tour. I guess the equipment, but it looked like he was actually dragged off stage like James Brown, but instead of having like a velvet cloak, he just had a top song me in Australia.
Speaker 4: Worould they throw a top out on job?
Speaker 3: They got it. They got an hour and a half of the show. Do you think that's enough to warrant hey, we did we gave you the show? Or is that reface.
Speaker 1: Saying they're going to come back. He's going to come back in March.
Speaker 3: And does he then does he just do the back end?
Speaker 1: Does he did the whole shell?
Speaker 4: Go to where could anyone remember what song we're are?
Speaker 1: And then there were obviously a lot of people there on Saturday night it was still raining, but they didn't counsel the shot. I don't think it was as heavy as suddenly all the massive downpour that came down, and it was lightning and thunder there on Friday night as well. We didn't have any of that. By telling you one thing, whenever there's there was the thousands people there out of the winery, there are always the shoes cues for the ladies always everywhere.
Speaker 3: Even the men's was queuing for a long time. And whenever you're queuing for a long time and the men's, you go, well, the ladies is going to be five times as worse as this. Bianco was in line at the lady's toilets right after the show, So that's peak time for everybody going to.
Speaker 4: Peek and we're about sitting in the restaurant.
Speaker 3: That in the restaurant bit, so she's waiting in line and then somebody five people back from her starts yelling out.
Speaker 1: What's taking everybody so long? Woman? A woman?
Speaker 3: This is in the girl's toilets.
Speaker 4: Don't Perhaps she's just general how they behave.
Speaker 2: Not no, no, not normally?
Speaker 3: What's taking everybody so long to pee? If you're in there, just pee and get out, horry up?
Speaker 1: What so?
Speaker 3: Bianki gets to the front of the line and then goes into the cubicle, but the lady's still yelling, and she can't pee because while she's sat down to pee, the lady's going hurry up and pee. And if you think about ping savor for home, Bianka doesn't pee because she's too nervous or you know, getting shot.
Speaker 1: Who can pee under pressure?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: So then she spent the whole ride home busting to go to the toilet. For the whole drive back from Rochford, wat for an hour.
Speaker 2: And a half on a tree.
Speaker 3: No, I mean it's pitch black. She's just going to run out into the woods. And we gave rio and collect our producers at left home.
Speaker 4: They or perform, you know, become a shield or something.
Speaker 1: But get a torch out on your phone and go pee in a hedge that's what I would have done.
Speaker 3: Though she held it. But you know that the saddest part of the story is she pointed out the girl who's the lune. Well, no, she wasn't alone, but because she was actually a listener of the show. Bianca afterwards.
Speaker 4: Never shot back with your beer matter.
Speaker 3: Our producer collect goes, oh, she was asking to have a phono with Christian.
Speaker 1: Worry out take the photo small Christian the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast. When you were growing up and you're a teenager, your parents, I guarantee would have had rules and policies. We have a policy what we call the open door. That means if the kids are at having friends in their bedrooms, the door has to remain open. Now, obviously got two teenage daughters, fifteen year old and a thirteen year old.
Speaker 4: Both of them have a friend that is a boy.
Speaker 3: You don't have to ski around it. And I read your stellar article yesterday where you clearly say the girls have boyfriend.
Speaker 1: No, I said they have friends and our boy and Lois Need's going to point out that she does not have a boyfriend.
Speaker 4: She has a friend who is a boy.
Speaker 1: That is it. So But we say when these friends come around, they don't go in the bedroom and shut the door. Okay, that's fair enough because otherwise monkey business. This is we know what goes on my closed doors. Door remains open. However, Lois, the thirteen year old, squares up to me Saturday and says, if it's two boys and two.
Speaker 4: Girls, what's your problem?
Speaker 1: Well, my mind did go as well, but you have to think at thirteen, they're not after that. Jack, Come on, please, my daughter, some decency.
Speaker 4: On the show. Okay, come on, all right.
Speaker 1: So I was like, it's a good point, you know, if there's two boys and two girls. Then she goes, oh, if they say three girls and two boys, my head's spinning. Now. All this maths is just too much of my simple DJ brain. And I go, well, look, your girlfriend, I need to call their parents, okay. And so she was out and about by now and she said, look, we're all coming around. Can we go to my bedroom and shut the door. So I texted about someone can have to call the two other girls parents just to check they're okay.
Speaker 4: She replied to me, don't be weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, I put it up on Instagram, you say, I actually took my breath away the audacity. I would never have spoken to my dad like that, all right, I'd have been an emergency for a week, right. I would never ever even said to my dad, don't be weird. Okay, So what's weird about checking with someone? Yeah, these are other girls and there are responsibility. Their parents might not like that.
Speaker 2: So you think that's fair enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you punish her for sending that kind of response or.
Speaker 1: It's an average down the life of basic Like dad, I don't think I spoke to her about it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to punish her for saying, don't be weird.
Speaker 1: Don't be weird. Okay, I get accused of being weird or stopped acting weird.
Speaker 4: Stop being weird.
Speaker 1: Don't do anything weird all day long when we're out about it's I don't say anything, don't do anything weird, Dad, don't be weird. So just being told on text, who don't be weird? Just by calling anyway. I let them come around the end and they shut the door.
Speaker 3: You know, when you need that camera, I got to watch my dog getting up on the bench top. You need to install.
Speaker 1: I think you can't be spying. That's creepy. There anyone's kids, it's gonna be spying on them with a camera, getting alerts and what they're up to. Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast. For us, it is Beer Day today. Our bush fire fundraising beer Hero's Gold is now live. You can pre order it then when it's as soon as it comes off the production line at Hawkers. It will go straight to wherever you are and the delivery fee is a flat ten bucks wherever you are on.
Speaker 3: The state, which is great wherever you are in the country. Send what's the Perth Yeah, Adelaide, yep, Sydney, Yes.
Speaker 4: Ten bucks.
Speaker 1: Someone's gonna ship it to Darwin for ten bucks.
Speaker 3: They wanted to keep it a flat ray.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, Thank you very much Hawkers. So it's up there now live to get the beer. You can taste it, raise it, raise money. You're raising a nice cold beer. It's a beautiful beer as well. If you're going to go for a dessert with it, I go let me short bit of fresh berries, just says on a website Gold one O four three dot com dot AU. That's you going new if you are buying it. Like listener Male who's brought a slab let us know so we can thank you as well. But Gold one oh four three dot com dot au can also finally see the can design as well. To Jack and Steph at Vaughn Studios working really hard on that. It looks brilliant. I hope you were happy with it as well. And it doesn't go on sowing to Dan Murphy's for about another two and a half weeks. So what we're hoping is by the time it's available to go to Dan Murphy's, the six hundred and fifty slabs that we've got has all been sold out. And then Hawker said, if that does happen, they'll do a far bigger run of Heroes Gold than be around for months, and then we could raise quite a lot of good money as well. But we'll won't see what happens. Anything you can do greatly appreciate it as always Jack, what is.
Speaker 4: The song that sums up your weekends?
Speaker 3: So we had a great time the whole team at Elton John on Saturday, including our producing team who worked very hard on the show. We gave Rio and Collect a lift home from.
Speaker 1: I might, I wondered if you might actually yes.
Speaker 3: Well actually technically we gave him a lift back to Kobeg. Then they got ubers back to their prospective houses. They live in the south. They live in the South, so chin listen.
Speaker 1: He was doing the big Old and the producing team worked so hard. You worked so hard?
Speaker 4: Were Jack libs? We don't live Jack does.
Speaker 1: We didn't even do that.
Speaker 3: We left him on the side of the road in the rain, and they they wanted it that way, they said it would be.
Speaker 1: I was in picking up the vice and old Sleepy.
Speaker 2: Jack stop dropping raul.
Speaker 1: So Brad and I because Brad lives weren't five minutes to me, so we shared a lift to get out there to the winery. On my my wife turns up at the house with brand and the car. She found that's wife literally five minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was pouring with rain.
Speaker 1: Brade's wife dropped him on South Road, which is about from where I live.
Speaker 4: It was only to get out.
Speaker 3: Found my producer samelessly walking with a bag.
Speaker 1: Of beer, lived in the rain. What's going on with this team?
Speaker 4: Do that to poor Brad?
Speaker 1: Good for Draggle Doggie wasn't returned out plus year had that special raincoat out on that did he looked like he was off the song getting some heavy duty bullets spotting in some marshland.
Speaker 4: He had waders on a duck whistle.
Speaker 1: So anyway this song, yes, yes, producers aren't at work yet. If you do see them by the side there verywhere they're still trying to like back to here.
Speaker 3: We had so much fun and really got it in the mood of Elton John on Saturday night, so as the four of us were driving home, we started to do carryok ah, right.
Speaker 1: What was the song you're getting out here? It's the end of the road as you.
Speaker 3: Know of it. Their song was actually well. Rio suggested a whole New World by from the Aladdin soundtrack, gorgeous song, which he went on him and my wife actually kind of dueted very a beautiful song. Wow, that's my wife, that's Rio holding it's time to st led me.
Speaker 1: If i'd have been at the traffic nights there was a car next to me with the full view and it's singing this hime, I don't think you were on something and I don't been got one in four point three.
Speaker 3: And it was our windows were fogging off, so we did have to have the windows down. And because everybody's labeling Ruchford wine at the same time, it's a long line of cars backed up trying to get yours.
Speaker 4: It's the only one doing Disney Classics.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's great, a kind of whole new carpool karaoke.
Speaker 3: But we have to do a show karaoke night at some stage. You you the whole team.
Speaker 1: You can sing a little beer. I mean, Patsy, you can't actually know, do you? When we've heard it before, you can't sing. I cannot sing. It's the noise that comes out is actually barely believable a human. I remember us singing once in church and my daughter went to me, are you mucking around?
Speaker 4: Honestly it sounds like a human in distress.
Speaker 1: But I'm all in. Let's have a team karaoke night as well. Then, okay dumb The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you ver much too, Karen in Moniton.
Speaker 1: Kristian just ordered four of the four backs of Heroes Gold Beer so I can gift it to family and friends. The beer can design is absolutely brilliant, too well done to all Karen, Thank you very much. If you are buying the beer, please shoot us a text or email just to let us know. So we can thank you. Over one hundred cases of Heroes Gold I pushed for fundraising beer have been order since six eight m this morning, which is brilliant.
Speaker 4: Just five hundred.
Speaker 1: And forty eight to go around that and then we can always sell it out and they do a bigger run, so keep it going. It just had to gold one O four to three dot com dot au Patsy, what's the song that sums up your weekend?
Speaker 2: Well? The poor love God. I put him to test yesterday, so yeah, it was that every day, poor guy be nice?
Speaker 1: What by the way, yes, should I ask you what wish? I not? Are you doing that thing where you get me to do something? You didn't have the boy just had You two had an argument before you came.
Speaker 2: No, we had no. No, the uber guy got lost. No we hadn't.
Speaker 4: Why there of a couple that had argued before.
Speaker 2: No. No, honestly, you.
Speaker 1: Walk instead of that energy. And my wife and I have been not that many times. But that's when I thought something must have happened. No.
Speaker 2: No, I was just moving at.
Speaker 4: Pace when he came to the restaurant.
Speaker 1: You were coming in breaking the speed record, and poor Chris was like trying to catch up with your shocking to behind the first lady.
Speaker 5: We were half an hour late and I was stressed because on you all you were waiting to eat, and I was busting to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Your husband, love God, was busting for me.
Speaker 1: He sat down, probably ordered a beer and then won't make it too.
Speaker 2: He always doubles up when he's in hurry passion.
Speaker 4: What's the song that sums up your weekend?
Speaker 5: Well, he was nursing a bit of a hangover. Put him to tasks, so this is appropriate this morning. So we got some new dining chairs delivered a couple of weeks ago, and we haven't had a chance to you know, everything comes in boxes now, So I said to him yesterday, which I probably should have timed it a bit better because he wasn't feeling real flash from the night before. Can you please please put those chairs together. We've got nowhere to sit right?
Speaker 1: What are you going after this poor guy? That is it is a Sunday job. Nothing, It's a Sunday job, isn't it. But if he's got if you've got to hangover the sweats and as I get these days, the fair you know you actually think, actually I'm dying. I'm never going to be okay again, that's just it.
Speaker 2: I get the fear and the sheiks.
Speaker 3: Yes, but and you really had nowhere to sit, as in you order the dining chairs and now you've got nothing around your table.
Speaker 1: So when you say you have at time, you've had plenty of time.
Speaker 5: No, I can't do that stuff. He's really good at building stuff. And I'd already put the others out on the council collections, so they were gone.
Speaker 3: So you're eating at the dinner table, setting up?
Speaker 4: Are you standing?
Speaker 5: We're eating in the lounge. We're doing that Bogan thing of eating in front of the telly.
Speaker 3: You know, I love that.
Speaker 1: I love doing that.
Speaker 4: It's the best way to eat, isn't it?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 2: But it's not good.
Speaker 3: We take more meals in front of the TV than we do at the dining table easily.
Speaker 2: Have you got a stable table?
Speaker 3: No, we just go on the ottoman is like sturdy enough to hold the plates.
Speaker 1: You just put the plate on the lap and hope for the best.
Speaker 5: Oh, no, you need a stable table. We've got like the elderly stable table.
Speaker 3: Now, I really haven't seen them since.
Speaker 1: That NaN's and Granddad's the stable table. They actually they've got the professionals set up like we're hardcought this, we're.
Speaker 3: Pro does it have the channel around the edge to catch.
Speaker 1: Thee lose any of these delicious peas, fresh bone, marrow.
Speaker 2: Freeze, dried.
Speaker 5: But anyway, so we put these chairs together, there were six in total, did a fabulous job. There was very little swearing and cursing coming from the front room where he did it. And then we get to the sixth chair, and of course there was a screw missing, wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there always is one some washer that's like left over screw. So we just bang a nail in that one.
Speaker 2: Know what we're gonna do?
Speaker 1: I think that for guests? How are annoying? Every time?
Speaker 5: He got through five of them and then the final one there's one screw missing.
Speaker 1: Was it missing or had he just not found it? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We checked under the rug, we checked the dog's mouth.
Speaker 1: Checking the pe channel on the check who as well might come out in a day or two. The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show podcast, Our Hero's Gold, Our Fundraising bush Fire Rely Fundraising Beer available for pre order since six am this morning. Hi Christiana, team just sorted a case of Heroes Gold. That's some many and Geelong Mandy, thank you very much. Christian just ordered a case of Heroes Gold. Can't wait to try it? Fell odd ordering beer at seven twenty am, Nick, and they know me here? Who's Christian? Just pre alled the beer? But I think I may have doubled ordered. Who do I contact to make sure I ney received one? Oh no, we're not getting into all that.
Speaker 4: Bother us.
Speaker 1: Also, there was no option to enter my credit card details right now.
Speaker 4: It's early.
Speaker 1: It's money. If you haven't paid for it and you haven't ordered it, there are plenty of options for taking credit card details. If you haven't done that, you're not getting anything. It's the way of the world. Okay, So nameI don't worry. You haven't double ordered, Sandy, you haven't ordered anything to name. You need to go back on there. There is a little There is the thing that's takes you through its step by step. The way to find out how to get the beer on pre order now is gold one O four three dot com dot au Solar sums.
Speaker 4: Up my weekend.
Speaker 1: Then, after going to see Elton John Saturday, blown away by just how great he's still is live. I've seen out in a couple of times live, but he's still got there so much power and joy in playing live and sharing his music with everybody. Even in the rain, you know, he was sending the order. Everyone that was there was in great spirits, and I thought elt was brilliant, and I was equally impressed as great as Elton was with his backing band, and three of them he's been with since the nineteen seventies and they've done three seven hundred and eighty two shows together. Wow Wow, says on the website. When I looked yesterday, I wanted to see who are the other people were now about? Ray Cooper has been with him since nineteen seventy one, the elder looking drummer as well. Three of them on stage Elton seventy two, Ray Cooper drummer percussion of seventy two, and the other drummer as well was seventy two as well. But they had like these drummers, they had two percussion players as well, behind a huge row of various bongos and timpany drums. And I was obsessed with one of them on the far right on the bongo play because they were adding like this extra kind of feel to some of the longer versions of the songs like Indian Summer and sorry seems to be the hardest word and Daniel on that And yesterday I went down a YouTube wormhole by looking at bongo songs and do you know, by the way, name me a rock song that's got a great bongo intro?
Speaker 2: Call me el no that hasn't got one?
Speaker 1: Is it Stones Sympathy for the Devil?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are bongos. I actually googled rock songs with bongos in this This is My Day yesterday. This is such a great er to a song. I think it's Mick playing the bongos. But I found this album called Better with Bongos. This attract seven. This is that bongo action kill Bill. If trying to work out what movie had this a patch, it was in Kill Bill. Now you understand why I want a live bongo player adding percussion to Friday's show.
Speaker 3: You know, my dad went through what you're going through now a bongo a bongo phase, and he bought himself a jembe, which is the type of African bungo. Is that a taller one at all? I? Yeah, it comes up almost above the knee when you got to on the ground.
Speaker 4: Does not strike me as a bongo you call os.
Speaker 3: He doesn't play it much. It still sits in their living room behind the care and every now and again I'll tap the top of it. But I haven't seen Dad play the gemba since the week he got it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what it was. A phase men of a certain age go through the bongo.
Speaker 2: Ye, it's a mid life pricing.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Friday Night Out and John Out at the Winery at Rochford Winery and it was canceled midway through. I think it still managed to do in the porn rain, the thunder and lightning about an hour and a half, and Elton said a couple of times on Saturday was hugely apologetic and it wasn't his decision. I think the keyboards were getting damaged. I guess in driving rain it's all that electrical gear. It's dangerous.
Speaker 3: Well, we saw some footage of it. The people were taken on their mobile phones and it was the coming in on such an angle that it was coming right onto him and his piano. And we joked last week about something.
Speaker 4: We were saying, what's it is?
Speaker 1: Somewhere the brody someone actually throw a tarp over Elton John. Welcome to Australia, Elton, here's a tarp, you know, and then his piano got covered up in nano seconds as well.
Speaker 4: I noticed.
Speaker 1: It's an amazing It's like James Brown, you know, the thing he used to do about going off stage not wanting it would come back on wearing a cloak.
Speaker 4: But Eltonstown's wearing a top. It's an amazing thing.
Speaker 1: So we want to know about shows that you've seen that got canceled and Whynn four one four one oh four three Diane, good morning, Hey, hell are you? I'm good Diane. So which show got canceled?
Speaker 6: It was Elton John probably am I being fifteen twenty years ago, I'm not really sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where was this god la ah right, okay.
Speaker 6: Good labor.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was a hot night and they had the roof open and they had there was like those beatle things flying around the stadium.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and he walked off stage I don't know, probably not quite halfway through the show, and then they came back out and said the show's being canceled. Eltons followed a bug.
Speaker 1: You are kidding, no, Elonollo a bug.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so I've never been back to another show of his, and I'm film because apparently it was an amazing show this year.
Speaker 1: Well, we saw on Saturday night it rain or not. He was just, he was just it was a ten out of ten show. It was absolutely brillant, but there were no bugs. It was too wet to see. Yeah, he's probably staying flashbacks when it comes to Australia now about Tar Paula been thrown over.
Speaker 4: Him work through Don't Go Break in my Heart.
Speaker 3: Now it makes sense why he was wearing that Bain mask to keep the flies out.
Speaker 1: Diane.
Speaker 4: That's a great one, Thank you very much. She cool.
Speaker 1: You wonder whether they somehow got word to Elton they were going to have to hurt counsel it. How did he do you mean on Friday or on Friday night It looks like he's surprised at first, or whether he been saying some we'll give him a signal we're going to have to cancel it, or who who organized it all? Because suddenly they had tarpauling over him. Then the piano got covered up in nanu scads. I don't know whether he were shouting off stage midway through the lines and songs, you know, and I'm sorry, sis be the hardest word. Top sorry seems to be top all.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to a cat Good morning.
Speaker 9: Cat, Hello, good morning. I actually won tickets to Red Hot Summer on Gold and it got evacuated due to golf ball sized hailstones a couple of weeks ago on Morning to Peninsula.
Speaker 1: Of course they were huge, weren't they yep.
Speaker 9: And in terms of the backup call thing, they had the SCS guys just walk out on stage, and the organizers seemed fairly like, you know, it had been a fairly swift decision, so I assumed that, you know, kind of like Elton calling the top all and it was a quicker yeah, let's get the figure out of the hail So.
Speaker 3: Which band was on stage Cat when they called it off.
Speaker 9: Killing Heidi had just been on and he was about to come on. I can't think of he was about to come on, but we based weyd have went, yeah, that looks like kind of chaos. Let's go before the came far gets inside.
Speaker 4: So Helstone stopped the show in.
Speaker 9: Theory, except that we then went to the beach house couple about thirty minutes away and there was no hail, so fair all right.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you very much. She killed me.
Speaker 10: Have a good day you too.
Speaker 1: Cheers and Anita were taking kills this morning about shows that got canceled and the band did not play on No. Four one four one o four three. Anita, what show got canceled?
Speaker 11: Mat Hi Christian are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 4: Anito, you had a good weekend. We also show that good canned.
Speaker 11: So I was in the United States, so I went to Denver to see Metallica and they were playing an open air stadium and there was this massive electrical storm that came in and we basically got evacuated to under the bleachers until the storm passed. But awesomely and half after half an hour, we got to come back out and Machillada came back out and continued playing, and the concert went for about two and a half hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Metallica, that's not a very Metallica thing to be frightened a little bit of stormy. It feels that they actually brought the storm on as well.
Speaker 3: I feel like all their album coverage is electrical storm.
Speaker 11: Wired to self distruct concert.
Speaker 1: Sorry, very possible, Anita. I've seen Metallica live where your ear is ringing for days afterwards.
Speaker 11: Ah, yes, so weird, but it was well worth it.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Yeah, great band live and need to thank so if you cool me have a good week. Thanks to cheers mate the christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast. Thank you very much to Steve who's just ordered a brand new slab of Heroes Gold. It's available pre order now, which means that they go direct to wherever you need to quicker than going out and buying it. When it comes out about two and a half week's time. You can get it before anybody else. Taste it, Raise one and raise some funds. It's our bushfire fundraising bit Heroes Gold. You'll find out where you can order it gold one O four three dot com dot I've just been reading online. Top ten strangest reasons why bands and artists have canceled shows. Motley Crue canceled an entire UK tour because their press agent at the time said there was too much snow on the roof of some of the venues. He said he had to come up with something. Because Nikki six legendary someone who loved a good time had just had a fatal overdose and a heart attack, which he survived because the paramedics, who were luckily fans of the band, gave him two shots of adrenaline to the heart and the poor press officerden he needed to think of something when he was thrown out there, he went.
Speaker 3: There's too much snow, snowy roofs again, so no more.
Speaker 1: Motley crue And then I'm reading together. It was a nineties band called East seventeen and they had to cancel a tour because Brian Harvey managed to run over himself whilst eating a jacket potato. That's why they had to counsel the entire UK tour. This story has been around for so many years, it's almost like a mythical status.
Speaker 4: When we do who's gone in Christian this year?
Speaker 1: We should try and someone please try and get Brian Harvey on so we can try and get some truth to the story. I interviewed him years and years ago and he said it but he was having a jacket potato right and it was too hot and he opened his card door. This says at one am, you work out what was going on? All right? One am. He's having a jack Potato tune at May and it's too hot. He opened his cardor you know, when you chug it load in your mouth, you want to spin out. He opened his car door. It was one am and instead of hitting the brake, hit the accelerator, goes flying backwards, hits a couple of parked cars, gets thrown out the car, his own car runs up from breaks his neck. Now to councel the tour for six months at the reschedule it so it was canceled to a jacket potato. All right, let's get Josh on quickly. Josh come oning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Kristin. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good mate. Do you have a good weekend?
Speaker 7: Yes, it was a great weekend apart from the fact that I was at Elton John on Friday night and got canceled.
Speaker 1: So all right, well, and so you were there as it was We've been told. Then someone threw top hole and overilt them.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, there was top hole, and so it was there was everything, and then it went all over the electrical equipment as well. I think they were the kind of running around like mad men, just trying to cover everything up. But it was the angle, as you were saying earlier, the angle of the rain and everything. It was just straight onto the stage. So they had no hope.
Speaker 4: So I guess you're at least lucky. So what do you do? Like an hour and a half.
Speaker 7: It was about an hour and a half, and ironically enough, he'd gone off for ant like an intermission thing, and during that time they were playing on the big screens like behind the stage and everything, all these shots of thunder and lightning and rain and all this kind of stuff, and then next minute the rain actually hit anger it very much did. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you enjoy the nineteen minutes you got about in John?
Speaker 7: I did? I did, And I'm not necessarily a massive Elton John fan, but it was it was a fantastic gig. He certainly puts on a great show. So yeah, and.
Speaker 1: So you've seen another show that got counseled, please never go to a show with us at the.
Speaker 7: One items. It seems to be a bit of a theme that we're creating at the moment. We went to see Brian Adams up in the Hunter Valley probably about a year or so ago, and you could see even getting there there was all these thunderstorms and everything kind of brewing around, and they kept on making announcements saying no, no, no, we're okay, we've checked the radars and it's going to go around us and we're not going to get hit by it. And then about probably three quarters of the way through the Brian Adams gig, a guy just walked out on stage and did the old cutthroat kind.
Speaker 1: Of where you are in the world. There are two universal sites, cutthroat and the one for the bills the world they.
Speaker 7: Work, So, yeah, the old Cutthroats in the bit about thirty seconds it was just torrential rain and and yeah, nobody could move like people were running everywhere. But then I think everyone just kind of gave up and went, we can't do anything about this. And next minute we were sitting in water that was like up over our ankles up. It's just absolutely flog me. There was a bit of an empathy to think, so, yeah.
Speaker 1: Did Brian Adams have tarpauling ready to go? No, no rodeo longer than the others.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, Brian Adams would have been more likely to have a James Brown start cloak, I think.
Speaker 1: But the Christian O'Connell breakfast show podcast, bush Fire fundraising beer. Heroes Gold went on sal for pre order, which means you can get it when it does come out very soon, quicker than anybody else before it goes on sound Dann Murphy's in BWS. Thank you very much, jo Over, I've shifted already. There are six hundred and fifty cases, six hundred and fifty slabs, and if we sell those out before it goes on General Cell, then our good friends at Hawkers will do a bigger, bigger order a production line of this which it could then be available for a couple of months, which'd be great and raise you know, some good money for the Bushfire relief fund here in Victoria. So all you need to do is go to Gold one A four three dot com to AU whenever you are in Australia.
Speaker 4: Hawkers are just going to deliver it for a flat fee of ten.
Speaker 1: Dollars, which is incredible value because they want to see how much money we can raise for charity and make as much money as possible.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much as well too.
Speaker 1: Geelong Reprographics, our boss Andrew has just purchased a case of Heroes Gold for us all to enjoy at our afterworks drink this Friday night. Yeah. A lot of companies do that, don't there they have like drinks drink Yeah, just run hour or so. So if your company does do that, we'll give them some love and a plug on air if they can order some beer as well. Oh so, Andrew, I mean, I don't know how many people you've got working there, buddy, but not the same ome man.
Speaker 4: A couple of cases.
Speaker 1: Surely they're not working very hard at the moment. The sixteen, the straw sharing hard on over the sixteen Precious Cans gold one O four to three dot com dot au. That's where you can order Heroes gold. Let us know if you are as well, so we can shed a love to thank you. Right, it's time now for Monday Morning's misheard lyrics. It's just another misshard Monday Christian O'Connell's mishard lyrics.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's re mina sales. How this works. Every Monday, you.
Speaker 1: Send in your misheard lyrics, We played back and decide if it is a mishurd lyric, if it is, if not, and for the great ones sins hall of favor. All right, First of all, we go through Big John, Big John sends us his top five and then I'll go through yours up first, then Big John's top five.
Speaker 4: Fats Domino BlimE, he's going deep.
Speaker 1: Into the non gold none even radio fa Fats Domino's estate is going to get a check for airplay from a radio station in Australia.
Speaker 4: They were like, Wow, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Fats Domino? Blueberry Hill? The line for you are my thrill, Oh you will man? Real good song? Or was it for you and my drill oh you will man? First? Tory Amos crucified the original line, my heart is.
Speaker 4: Sick of being in chains.
Speaker 1: Heart?
Speaker 4: Or is it my heart is sick of being in cheese?
Speaker 1: Smart? I'm hearing, I'm hearing my heart is sick of being in cheese. John, I'm going to challenge you now, can you give us a top five next week of cheese based ones? I don't know if you can do that. Up next, we've got Van Halen Jump, might as well jump or is it Maxwell Jump? No? I don't think it's that. I don't think it's.
Speaker 4: That TLC No.
Speaker 1: Scrubs scrub is as fine. A scrub is a guy who thinks he's fine, but also known as a buster that's the original line. Scrub is as fine or is it? A scrub is a guy who thinks he's fine, but also known as a bus stop. Scrub is as fine. Oh he's back for twenty twenty. That's a great one. Scrubber is a guy thinks he's fine but also known as a bus stop.
Speaker 2: Scrub is a thing.
Speaker 1: He's fine. Very good, John, very good to the role today. And finally for Big John, Simon and Garfunkel sound of Silence And in the Naked Light, I saw ten thousand people, maybe more.
Speaker 3: Lad change thousand people, maybe more?
Speaker 1: Or is it? And in the Naked Lad I saw ten thousand people, may be more amid Jane thousand.
Speaker 4: People, easy Simon, old girl phone call.
Speaker 1: Yes. In the Naked lad I saw ten thousand people, maybe more, lad change thousand people. Maybe that's another winner for Big John. The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast time now for part two of your Monday monn't.
Speaker 2: Know miss Heard Monday.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's misshard Lyrics Part two is when I go through all the ones that you've been sending in In this week's part two, making a debut young Jack post. Thank you Audie has also seven El Patsy's daughter as well, so some exciting debuts. All will of course be marked as fairly as everything else.
Speaker 3: As they should.
Speaker 1: I am nervous. All right, Let's go to listener Chris Christian good to have the show back. I've got misheard for you from Eskimo Joe's Black Fingernails Red Wine. The line all of us stand and point our fingers or is it I don't understand the point of fingers. That is one of those where I'm never not hearing any other lyric.
Speaker 4: Now that just sounds like that's what he's singing.
Speaker 1: I don't understand the point of fingers. Great spot from lister Chris, Well done, mate, thank you. Let's go to Andrew now mimus her lyrics from the Great Eagles Desperado.
Speaker 4: You're losing all your highs and lows? Or is it you're using all your housing loans?
Speaker 1: It is, Oh damn you.
Speaker 4: I love that song.
Speaker 1: That's but now I'm going to think it's droning on about housing loans. That's it.
Speaker 4: Two minute sixteen.
Speaker 1: You're using all your housing loads. Great one from Andrew, Thank you mate. This is Richard and Hawthorne. Reo speedwagons. I can't find this feeling anymore. And if I have to crawl upon your floor is the line? Or is it? And if I have to throw up on your floor, yes, it's in there. That's a brave one. Rich and In Hawthorne. I love that one, Caroline Christian. This one comes to my husband Colin. Carry a lason by mister, mister, carry a laison down the road. I must travel carry a laison through the darkness of the night. All right, those are the two lines. Or is it carry a laser down the road? I must travel carry a laser through the darkness of their light. No, I'm not sure about this one. Laser. Yeah, the second one is definitely okay, Thank you, Caroenine and Colin.
Speaker 4: Christian.
Speaker 1: Lastly, going to show you played Princess Raspberry Beret at about one minute fifty two. I dived onto YouTube and checked when he says Raspberry Berat, I'm here in Raspberry Merangue.
Speaker 3: I guess it's there.
Speaker 2: No, it's there.
Speaker 3: Sorry that missus.
Speaker 1: Megan really touched to that one, didn't it. Huh yes, Raspberry Merangue. Well, well, well now it is the young Jackie post long time listener first time. He's got two here, Yeah, first one revival, Bye Cigala. This seems a kid that used to work at Fox and Hit Network. Your love's reviving me? Or is it your love's been bugging me? It's not a great one.
Speaker 2: How do we say it's I think.
Speaker 1: I think the listeners don't have any no, will you? Young Jack boster Cake, He's got another one? Modern Love by David Bowie puts my trust in God and man.
Speaker 4: This better be a great one.
Speaker 1: You don't You don't rumble on this feature and start just suspecting David Bowie, great classic line, puts my trust in God and man? Or is it puts my trust in garden man? Yes, garden man. I hear that puts my trust in garden man? And this comes from an eight year old Audie Patsy's gorgeous little daughter, Taylor Swift, midway through watching the Netflix documentary Some of the Kid. It's brilliant. All he had to do was stay by Taylor Swift. People like you always want.
Speaker 2: Back, people like you always want?
Speaker 1: Or is it Lord is mishearing it as people like you always want pie, people like you always want. I think that's a great one. It's their bang on that is perfect. People like you always want pie, people like you always want already well done.
Speaker 4: All right, there's you misst limits this week.
Speaker 1: If you've got any fault next week email me Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot Au. But Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast. Thank you very much for everyone who's going online pre ordering our Hero's Gold. This is our bush Fire fundraising beer.
Speaker 4: Christian.
Speaker 1: I've just ordered a four pack of Heroes Gold, just order can afford at the moment. I want to support our community. Carla, no needs for the apology. Anything you get four pack or a slab of it, it's all great, much appreciated. Thank you very much, Carla Bradshaw. Also thanks too Jim's test and Tag team in Geelong. They're gonna be raising count of Heroes Golds or the good folk on the front line. Thank you very much. I think that's two different separate businesses now in Geelong. Geelong has fallen and.
Speaker 3: We've had other people from Geelong riding in that may as well. The biggest purchases of Heroes Gold and definitely in Geelong at this stage.
Speaker 1: Gelong are doing there. But at the moment, Where are you, Hawthorne Richmond, Come on Beer Harder Head online, Gold one four three dot com dot au. So here's the thing then, So round about the week of the seventeenth of February is when it's supposed to be coming out, and go to Dan Murphy's and BWS and probably be realistically about the seventeenth or night, sorry about the nineteenth of when it's actually in store, but you'll be getting it before that. You'll be getting it a couple of days before that. You'll be getting it before anybody else if you go and pre order it this week. We're hoping. So one hundred and fifty one cases have been ordered since six am this morning, which is amazing. There are six hundred and fifty cases, that's what's been made. We're hoping that by the end of this week, it'd be amazing if we could shift the six hundred and fifty cases. The reason why there's no money in it for us. The reason why is obviously hawkers have been kind enough to do all of this. They are an independent business and they've still got to produce beer and make money. But they have said if there is a big enough tomorrow, they will look at doing a bigger run, which is what they want to do. Is what Marson, who runs it, said it to us last week. If this seals out before he goes on the shelves, they're do a bigger run. That could be going for a couple of months. Been amazing if we could go for the rest of this year, and then we could be raising just by drinking beer and having a great beer. So, you know, some decent money for the bush ry relief here in Victoria, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Christian O'Connell's fifteen thousand dollars your bills and furniture and homes for fifty years and dollars is what we started with on paying your bills last Tuesdays down now down to thirty six thousand. The Boss has raised a few eyebrows last week at some of the extra rounding up. My idea of rounding up, it turns out, isn't the boss's idea of rounding up all right, then, so what we do then we do this four times today, Well I want you do on.
Speaker 4: The Breakfast show then.
Speaker 1: At ten, one and four calling you up paying your bills. All we need to do it's been a chance of getting paid off gold one I four three, dot com dot au. Let's call up this person now, hopefully they pick up got a credit card situation picker?
Speaker 4: Hella, Jessica, Yes it is Jessica.
Speaker 10: Is this Christian?
Speaker 1: Yes, it is your Live and Goals?
Speaker 10: Oh my god, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good. How was your weekend?
Speaker 10: Jess Yeah, pretty good. Mindelow on yesterday, you know, all the fun stuff, yeah, in the dream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so tell me about your credit card.
Speaker 10: So I submitted the just a minimum for the month, which was forty one dollars, because obviously they called me every month and I just needed to get them on my back for a little while. As I said in my little application, I am currently a trainee at a library, so you know, first year apprentice wages aren't great. And yeah, I unfortunately lost my partner a few years ago and decided to take a different path. Here I am, but with no backup plan.
Speaker 4: So well, sorry to hear about you losing your partner.
Speaker 1: That's all that's okay.
Speaker 10: It was yeah, it was a few years ago. He was a really bad epileptic. So yeah, but we're I'm all good now, just you know, trying to move on, and yeah, I thought I'd started start a new life, new job.
Speaker 1: To tell me about the ship to be a librarian, good for you people to have an access to free books? Is still really.
Speaker 4: Tell me about the apprenticeship.
Speaker 1: What are they doing? Fine arts of running a library and how to shush politely but firmly.
Speaker 10: I've actually had to do that a few times. No, So basically these days, a lot of it is about learning the online resources. So obviously books are still there. We still do all the normal shelving, checking in and out, but I'm at a university library, so a lot of it is textbooks, helps with assignments, things like that, So I'm learning all the online side of it at the moment.
Speaker 1: Tell me, what's your shush like? Shush us now shout outful. You can tell you're more than an apprentice. You know you're more than baby Yoda, You're a full Yoda. Now the library Yoda.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I'll take that.
Speaker 1: So how much is the whole credit card bill? Because I know you paying the minimum the moment of forty one dollars, but in the situation before, but how much actually is it?
Speaker 10: I think it's it's about nineteen hundred. Actually, yeah, why.
Speaker 1: Don't we pay off the whole thing rather than just forty one dollars.
Speaker 10: You don't have to do that.
Speaker 1: They wait to do that for two minutes.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: That's all right, Jessica. It sounds like you've had a tough couple of years and good for you, something different with your life. So we're going to give you, let's call it, two thousand dollars. We're going to give you two thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: Thank god, that would pay off the whole thing. That would be amazing. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Still going to get me fine, because it's so quite a big to slip up from forty one dollars to two thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: I didn't want to submit the whole thing. I didn't want to feel selfish.
Speaker 1: But no, no, I think you deserve to have a some good news. So yeah, we'll give you two thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you, And I hope that she is a really great and kind for you as well. Justica, you sound like a great guy. You.
Speaker 10: I love the show. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, cheers, Jessica, lovely talk to you. Good luck, thank you. Bye the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Round your week on the artwork time Waster. Today's one on Beer Day for us. Finally you can pre order right now gold one O four three dot com to au are fundraising beer heroes. God, thank you very much for everyone who is Shannon and.
Speaker 4: The high Lends. Just become another one who's ordered a four pack. Gooding on your Sharon.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right there, So we're looking for boozy songs today, Boozy songs on Bear Day? How are yours? Mine are wildly with more missus than hits same. I've got whitter shade of pale ao.
Speaker 4: Yeah, strong stuff born to.
Speaker 1: Rum, take my becks away. I guess that's why they call it the booze topical el Relax, don't spew it, Keggy Sue, Pete, there tears on my pilser and brew sprayed shoes. That's good too, Kegy Sue and Bruce Spade shoes. I should have done those two today and save everyone wasting their time. Jack, What have you.
Speaker 4: Got for boozy songs?
Speaker 3: Nothing compares two? He's new, Sorry, nothing compares to He's new, Nothing compares to you. One is the peronious number, and how that looked better when I wrote.
Speaker 1: It for ages, but I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I gave up and you missed the sitting duck that was one. Is the peronious number right in front. I'm sure harder, better, faster, strong bow again looked better on paper. Hops, don't lie, thanks, Pats, I think I heard so, can you tell?
Speaker 1: Laugh?
Speaker 10: Laugh?
Speaker 3: And don't stop to my only good one. I've tripped over the delivery. Don't stop too, you get a duff. That'll be the end of my performance today.
Speaker 4: That and the cigar Miss hurt lyrics.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast on bed Day, the day that our hero's gold Bear is available for you to pre orders. You can get it before it comes out on the shelves at Dan Murphy BWS, just in your Head online to gold one four three dot com dot au Boozy Songs is the time wastter today, Jack, you're ready to mark, You're ready to go chunder struck, Silver plus Andy Epping.
Speaker 4: I do anything for beer, but I won't do.
Speaker 3: That Silver plus.
Speaker 1: Michael n Geelong, Oh excuse me, retake beer, Prudence Gold, Amanda, well done, Billy Jean Bean.
Speaker 3: Silver, Sean Wine after Wine, silver plus.
Speaker 1: Angela let it V, b let itv be Gold plus.
Speaker 4: Janew well done. I can see Berley now.
Speaker 1: Gold plus Janet. I love that one. It's a long way to the top. If you want a hero's goal.
Speaker 3: Ah, yes, gold double plus.
Speaker 1: Well done, Shane in point Cook Victoria, Bittersweet Symphony, Silver plus you correspondent on a time wast Sir, THEO, welcome THEO. Yes, it's nice name, THEO last for it. We had Gerard, Gerard meet THEO. THEO know Gerard. I wish you were Beer Silver, David and East Melbourne, burning down the hops s Bronze, Living Levida Vodka, Silver, who shout at the Devil, don't know it? Bronze, Duff, the Magic Flagon two for one, uh, James Blunt song Goodbye My Lager instead of Goodbye My Lover. Silver, holding out for heroes, Gold, Silver, Dude, where's my carton draft? It's not a so one, but given a point anyway for keeping the dude, where's my goal?
Speaker 3: Minus points? That's a movie runs minus.
Speaker 1: With or without brew, Gold, sending the crowns Oh, that's clever, gold, very good. Betty John's piano man is Peroni man, he finally got one and world, Peter in Firntree Gully uh Stairway to kegn Gold, I just threw up in your arms tonight, Silver, Tanya in Killscyth and finally you give Laga a bad name. Dave in Hastings Silver plus yours rulled out standing word earn everyone, Christian Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast God one O four point three, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 4: So it's beer day for us heroes.
Speaker 1: Gold our bush Fire really fundraising beer is available now for you to pre order, which means you better get hold of it before it goes on sout on the shelves. So Dan Murphy's in about two and off weeks time and b w wes thank you so far. I think since sixty this morning, about two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 3: Is it over two hundred? Yeah, he's a two fifty Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, over two hundred and fifty slabs have been ordered, six hundred and fifty available. Please keep this going at Gold one oh four three dot com dot au. As always whenever we hear about Bushfire heroes, the reason why we called the beer heroes Gold is for some of the amazing bit. We spoken to the last couple of weeks who were doing incredible stuff and we just had a phone call. We were in the middle of something and I wanted to get the guy back because actually, this is why the fundraising effort is so important, and that is a strike team leader. Ross is on the line now has actually been on active duty out at Malakuta.
Speaker 12: Ross, good morning, Good morning, here are you, Christian.
Speaker 4: I'm good. Listen, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I understand you called in earlier and I wanted to try and get you back on to hear what you wanted to say and why.
Speaker 7: I rung back.
Speaker 12: I've been listening to your show with the heroes, bouse you're billing and there's a lot of people worthwhile of being the first to taste your beer. But I know one of the ideal people who should be the first to taste your you'll beer you're having brood?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell us who is that then? Ross?
Speaker 12: What he is is the Captain Rod Lewis of the Malakuda Fire Brigade, the little local brigade there with two tankers. If he hadn't done all of the pre work around the town at Malakuta would have been a totally different outcome. It would have been a catastrophic result. Well, well, I think he typifies what are so many of, so many deserving people who should be the first to taste it. But I suppose you've got to pick someone so and he'd be a good person.
Speaker 1: Well, we make sure we'll get a couple of slabs out to Rother and the rest of his team as well, and yourself as well.
Speaker 4: Ross.
Speaker 1: So you must have seen people doing some incredible stuff over the last couple of weeks of your straight team leader.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was down at Malakuda for the five days over New Year's Eve, and the other strike team as was a from fourteen twenty two at Brian Sandalant and Strike Team A two A four which was Matthew Gibson. And in a town that should have had forty or fifty trucks looking after it, that turned out to be eighteen trucks there. So it was a pretty big effort on everyone's behalf, on their behalf that they did.
Speaker 1: So you were there for five days when it was really at its worst, you know, and people were seeing it all over the world's the red skies and everything was a blaze pretty much, so.
Speaker 12: We were stationed away from there. We were working in the Brooken area, our strike team, and we were sent up the night before New Year's Eve. Code won because there was a lightning strike about fifty kilometers away and they knew that would close in on the town.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's incredible what you and your colleagues have been doing. I mean, real definition of heroes.
Speaker 12: Well, the three strike teams, all the crews. I really really can't go picking people out for individual or efforts. Was there to be unfair when so many people did so much? But it was. It was a very big fire that came up to the town and it could have been catastrophic results with life lost, and the three strike teams worked superbly and that that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Well, it just goes to show how hard you guys all worked what you did.
Speaker 12: Yes, the pyro column came in very close to us. And when when wind from the firefront, not from the not from actual weather, When the wind is rocking a truck that weighs fourteen tons and it sounds like two jumbo jets coming in over your head, you know it's quite serious. So our crews were actually superb in their actions.
Speaker 1: So are you Are you and your guys are you able to get some rest and try and recuperate and try and process what you've been through, what you've experienced.
Speaker 12: Pretty much. Some of our crews have been out again two and three more times, where I've been out that one time and that was enough for me for the moment.
Speaker 1: It must be terrifying because you can't really put those kind of fires out, can you.
Speaker 12: No, you can't really put the fires out of All you can do is deflect them to try and reduce the damage and stop the fire going through to the middle of the town.
Speaker 1: Well, well done to you and all your colleagues. Is incredab what you're doing, and you are I know you want to appreciate this, But to us you are heroes. You know you put yourself in danger's way, in harm's way time and time again. So you know, it's just beer that we've got out, but it is called heroes gold. And the simple idea is actually to raise a beer of thanks and gratitude for the work, the selfless work that you and your team members do.
Speaker 12: As I said, there's many meni meni people deserving have the first sip of this. So it's probably a bit bored of me to bring a name up like that, but that's what I saw on the fire ground, and that's who I think justifies having the first drink of it.
Speaker 1: So well, we'll make sure they get some. I'm I'm going to buy you some as well, for you and your boys as well.
Speaker 12: That would be excellent. Thank you very much, my pleasure.
Speaker 4: All right, listen, Ross, good on you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for giving us a call today, and we're all very proud and very very grateful of their work you do.
Speaker 12: We're all very very prey out of what we did as well. Thirteen ninety two and the other tracks on that weekend at Malakuda were above and beyond the call of Judy. It was quite staggering what they achieved.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's amazing. Well listen, Ross, we'll let you go. Thank you very much for talking to us today.
Speaker 12: No worries, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Christian the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast. Keep the support going of our Bush fire fundraising beer heroes. Gold. You heard from Ross, who sound like a man who was holding himself very tightly, who'd been through an awful lot stuff that we would never fully know about, but you heard what the work they'd been doing. That's why we want to try and get them the thanks and gratitude that they deserve as well. So if you want to buy the beer, it's available on pre order Heroes Gold right now gold one a four three dot com to AU. If you're doing that today, please shoot me in an email just so we can give you some thanks tomorrow, because we do really appreciate it. Christian at gold one a four three dot com dot AU. Title of today's show is Peroni Man. We're speaking tomorrow morning, paying off more of the bills than we've got. Five Topic Tuesday, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast