Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian No Common Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast asking you this morning famous servings have you ever served fair on famous a listeners through to said listers after we heard yesterday, great call from a guy whose mom it was almost too good for the week is clean to Faine. It's a proper amazing claim to Fane. When Oprah Winfrey came over to do her TV show in Australia, I didn't realize until the team told me after the show this is obviously twenty ten. I think it was she went round Australia. I'm trying to know what happened when she was here in Melbourne? What did they serve her there? So its vegimite on toast made by our callers yesterday's mum. This is what happened when it happened on the Oprah Show. Just listen to the over the top screaming and reaction to basically a lady having some toastmind beg you mind?
Speaker 1: Well you I feel a scope for it. I'm not bad about you, okaying.
Speaker 2: I mean that's up there with that kid counting in the math to win caught of a million dollars. So other of than Oprah Winfrey all right, have you served anyone food or drink?
Speaker 3: Got a great one from beck Rose here Christian.
Speaker 2: Back in the early two thousands, when he was hitting the scene as a young player, sam Mitchell used to you know Hawk's legends. Na used to frequent a not so fancy restaurant I was a waitress at in the outer Eastern Urbs.
Speaker 3: He'd always come in every Monday night. His order was always exactly the.
Speaker 2: Same, last coke, last spaghetti, body nase, garlic bread. If you ever see sam Mitchell, ask her if he wants a last coke, last spaghetti, boock naise and a garlic bread.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to lines. Have you ever served anyone? Famous? Doug? Good morning?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 5: How are I?
Speaker 3: I'm good Doug, sir? Who did you serve? Or what do you see?
Speaker 4: About? Four or five years ago, when I'm worked at the pub, MURV Hughes was there on a function, so I think he could have been the guest of honor if I can't quite remember, And it was sort of one of the last people there that night. So after serving and das all day, I'm gone to grab a few glasses and as I've come back, he's behind the bar himself, casting out his own pav.
Speaker 3: Legends. I've got there, busy there, young fella.
Speaker 6: You can trust me. I played for Australia. It's all above board.
Speaker 2: Check out the cash I'm mur Hughes. Give me the cash register.
Speaker 4: Exactly all right? Anyway else I would have been really annoying and probably kicked out. But he gets the free past.
Speaker 3: Absolutely for life because he's murfews. I love that. That's Doug. What are you up to there? Sounds like you're cracking a safe.
Speaker 5: I'm just driving to work.
Speaker 4: I'm all a bit late.
Speaker 3: The old I can still chuckle bum.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Sorry, this bad connection sounds like he's hanging from the review mirror and bumping into the front wind screen.
Speaker 4: He bones trick, is there?
Speaker 7: I go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great setty. Thanks Doug. Thanks for giving us a call, mate, Take care o, Chris.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 5: Good to have you back again.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Chris, and thanksgiving us a call. What's your story? Who did you serve?
Speaker 5: A few years back, I was working at a fish and chip shop in Martielic and Kathy Freeman came in. Yeah, it was all a good put down. Her order. I took her or to put it down, had a real chat with her. Then once she was leaving, I just sort of said, oh, I look going to be really presumptuous here, but you're a big hero mine. Can I have a quick hug before you go?
Speaker 3: Now? Pause? The standard thing here is hello, big fan.
Speaker 2: Maybe an autograph and maybe sl You do not be asking people for hugs.
Speaker 6: Especially standing over the deep prior all day.
Speaker 2: On your apron Chris Sultan Vega, pickled down yours, hey legend, let's hug.
Speaker 3: Okay, where you go with those chips? So what happened with anyone?
Speaker 5: Anyone can ask for a photo, anyone can ask for autograph that hate.
Speaker 2: It makes a special Oh you're quite right, very special for a hug.
Speaker 3: Did she break the speed record even quicker than when she won? Go came out there? No?
Speaker 7: I must have mean.
Speaker 5: She gave me a really good hug, to the point that I was overcoming its motions and actually teared up. It was a bit overwhelming, and it just just thought, well, hug your hero on. It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: We're going to start a new national day. Huggy hero Chris.
Speaker 2: That's a lovely story. I feel bad now for giving you a bit of roast there. That is a really really nice story. She is a legend. I can understand why you did that. Okay, Chris, thanks to giving us a call.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Great Course this morning. Then about famous servings? Have you served anyone famous? Like Catherineman fish and chips? And then and a hug on the way out?
Speaker 3: Who we got here? We got Joe? Good morning Joe?
Speaker 8: Hi Christian, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good Joe, and I hope you're having a good week. Joe. Who did you serve?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: Mine was a bit longer ago. It was forty three years ago. I was working in a milk boone natalizer and I served James train and he had these two broken arms.
Speaker 3: Blame me.
Speaker 2: Those a lot going on there.
Speaker 3: So both of his arms were broken.
Speaker 8: Yes, I can't look. I don't remember how he.
Speaker 4: Actually did it for sure, But.
Speaker 8: I asked him at the time and he said, oh, I was in my girlfriend's house and I had to jump out of the window because her dad came home.
Speaker 6: Was he in Australian crawl yet or is this teenager?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 6: Why does a rock star have to jump out of somebody in the bedroom windows.
Speaker 8: I think he was having me on right.
Speaker 2: And also, if both of his arms are broken, how is he going to take away what he finds at.
Speaker 3: The milk bar? Is you go just put in my back pocket? Could you attach it to one of the arms of the bag?
Speaker 6: Take the wrapper off?
Speaker 3: James Rain.
Speaker 2: So many questions, Joe, amazing stuff though. That's a great one. Joe, thank you very much. You're going to school and sharing that with us.
Speaker 8: That's okay.
Speaker 3: Take care of Joe. Dan, Good morning, Good morning mate, how are you? I'm good Dan? So who did you serve?
Speaker 9: Snoop Dogg?
Speaker 3: Wow? For all? Is Snoop Dogg? Yeah? Where was?
Speaker 10: I also live in the States? This was early two thousands and I was living in living Over in the States, bartending at one of the clubs there. And his nephew, Nate Dog was playing a show at our joint.
Speaker 3: His whole family. He's got that dog.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a little bow. Wow, that's right, there's a cherry.
Speaker 10: There's a cherry on top. But I'll get to it. So it was he was playing a show and he was his birthday and basically Snoop turned up as a surprise and it was like this big thing with the radio station over there kept it secret. By the time they said Snoop Dogg's coming, it was an hour before the show, five thousand people and the joint was packed. And manager turned to me and goes, oh, you working the v I P but tonight Normally on those shows you didn't want that shift. And I was like, I don't want that, and he goes, yeah, you do, trust me, and so yeah. When Snoop Dogg gets up on stage sings Happy Birthday, does a couple of sets do to me?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 10: No, no, So he sang Happy Birthday to his nephew dog pounds, so he so him and he does that, does the does the set? Him and He's entourage go upstairs serving them the stereotypical you know, Chris dal you know, and they bring they're bringing all their other substances, and it was it was very hazy up there. I couldn't say much. And then by the time the work got out, my wife goes text me, going your soup dog dow. I'm like, yeah, cheer rocks up the cherry on top. Is Snoop Dogg's Dad's there chatting up my wife? Dog Yeah, I let that one go through to the keeper. They tipped me pretty well, so I let that one go through to the keeper.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Famous people that you've served food or drink. Michael made some muffins for Elton John. Oh yeah, Sarah, ol and John like some muffin. Let's squeeze two more in here, Carlo, Yes, hello, good morning, Carlo.
Speaker 3: Can I first of all just apologize.
Speaker 2: I think you've been on hold for like twenty minutes. Yeah, yeah, I will pay you personally for any cost. And good with this onholdness a drink, that's all good? Okay, Well, I'm glad we saw that out, Carlo.
Speaker 3: Who did you?
Speaker 9: It was about twenty years ago. I was about eighteen years old. I served bread to Rod Stewart.
Speaker 3: Rod jew just wanted some bread.
Speaker 6: Bread.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 9: I just moved to London and I managed, I don't know how to get a gig in a five star restaurant and Rod Stewart just walked in and I was the first waiter to go to him and ask him, would you like some.
Speaker 4: White whole meal or seated bread?
Speaker 3: What did he go for? And they went seeded?
Speaker 9: No, I think he went for the whole meal healthy rod at a time. Maybe he was trying to keep healthy.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Yes, it was pretty funny because I spoke very little English, just moved to London, very little English. And would you like some white whole meal or a.
Speaker 2: Seedy That's amazing, Carlos, thank you very much for sharing it with us this morning.
Speaker 9: No worries.
Speaker 2: Let's get Leslie before we get to Patsy's news. Leslie, Hello, Hello, Leslie, Leslie. Who did you serve?
Speaker 7: Mel Gibson?
Speaker 3: You can't just leave it there? What did you serve?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Where was this?
Speaker 7: I lived in one Glada and I was working at a roadhouse and he used to he lived in ten Gambalanga and used to come to the stockyard in one grader and I was working on the contole and he came in quite late at night and had his Sundays on and I didn't know with him in summer old laid up time.
Speaker 2: Therefore, late in the evening wearing sunglasses. You're going to go that guy's crazy or very famous.
Speaker 3: Both.
Speaker 7: He came into this petrol and got some mineral water, and I was just looking at him, thinking, this man looks a lot about mel Gibson. So I said to him, I said, if anyone ever told you you look about mel Gibson, he said, everyone tells me that love and he hey, if it has taken his son hisself, I would have known straight away with the baby blue.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Then he left and the ladies in the kitchen came running out and said, it is no good SNAs he comes in here all the time. I was so embarrassed. I ran out. I ran out the back, and they had gone console for a while because I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Oh, blessed Leslie, Thank you very much. She give us a call.
Speaker 8: Have a good day, No you too, Bye, Brier.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian Carl Show podcast.