Speaker 1: Something needs to be addressed before we do anything.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, what is it?
Speaker 1: Something has happened, something has gone down and has potentially put this podcast in disrepute, And for once it wasn't me.
Speaker 2: Oh what happened? What did I do?
Speaker 1: We released an episode a while back, Yes, claiming to do the first drive in Australia of a BYD at oh three. Oh yes, we will promise that. Yes, from the fine people at BYD. Beyond your Dreams, Build, Build your dreams, Beyond your Dreams built whatever work working title. There is a member of the media that had the car before me, and there was no driving impressions to be put out on this car other than this podcast. We were supposed to get the first drive. This weasel of a person. Now we've talked to the lawyers here. I'm not allowed to use his real name, so let's just call him I don't know Trevor, and I'm not allowed to say where he works. I'm allowed to say it's like a morning TV show, So let's just sort of say.
Speaker 2: The second highest rated morning TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's just make up any name of a morning TV show at a fictitious show. I don't know the Today show now, Can I just before.
Speaker 3: You No, No, this guy published a first Impressions and a first drive less than twenty four hours after he handed me the car.
Speaker 1: He wasn't even supposed to put anything out there. He find tests fridges. So this is what I'm saying here, This is why we do what we do because these so called journalists, I don't know who they are. What he does, you can't trust him. Oh but it was it was EV week. They wanted me for EV week and so I came on there for the today's EV Week. They wanted you and they got PISS Week.
Speaker 2: Can I just say I actually quite liked Trevor, So.
Speaker 1: I'm not what you told me off a. You told me he was an overweight bag of shit. He's actually quite a nice guy. And I think that for anyone to have done.
Speaker 4: That, and he probably wouldn't have known that he wasn't allowed to do that because I just judging by my interactions with the.
Speaker 1: Judging by my text message is that I got from beyond your dreams, build your dreams. He was he was quite aware.
Speaker 2: Interesting, now that you've simmered down.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you something. He looks like the kind of guy that eats hot dogs for dinner. Me, No, no, no, no no. So you'd have you'd get your missus would be away for the night, and you'd go right here this is, and you'd go down to the safeway and you'd get like a six pack of sausages and a loaf of bread, and you'd have like a sausage and bread. Right, But this guy would just eat an action like who has who? You're a grown adult and you'd have hot dogs for dinner anyway, Paul shaking his head, and I think I might have ruined a friendship. Love your work, Trev, stick to the vacuum cleaners.
Speaker 4: So on with the episode'ute again now literally I'm looking at the counter.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, I'm okay. Hey, let's talk about some cars that have popped out onto the scene, yes, Jesus, and ones that have excited me young day have dropped quite a few little, I don't know, rip snorts of cars, Like, I think they've been putting out some pretty cool things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so two cars they launched, well three cars.
Speaker 4: So they launched the ion X six, which look, I'm no design expert, but I think it looks gross.
Speaker 2: The back of it looks kind of like an au Falcon.
Speaker 4: Which full respect to the au Falcon, but that belongs in the early two thousands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where it should have stayed.
Speaker 4: But anyway, they then rolled out two other things that got me quite excited.
Speaker 2: So the first was the.
Speaker 4: R N twenty two E and the N Vision seventy four and they're both zero emission rolling lab concepts. So the R twenty two E is an all electric concept car and I think that's what's going to be the production ion X six N that will eventually translate to the IX five N as well. But the N Vision seventy four is this kind of retro looking concept that's powered by hydrogen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let's get to that in a set, because I feel like that that's a complete beast of a car. Ye, first of all, your impressions of the we are in twenty two E. It's a pretty cool car. Again, I feel like it's borrowed styling wise, bits and pieces.
Speaker 2: From the au Falcon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well perhaps, and also like the front sort of looks like Tykhan a little bit, you know, with the with the lights there. That rear has got a kind of ADDI vibe about it. Very on the on the side there, it's almost.
Speaker 2: Like an A seven at the back, you falcon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think it's cool.
Speaker 4: So with the twenty two E, they're saying that it's powered by two electric motors four hundred and thirty kilowatts seven hundred and forty newton meters. So this is basically going to be Yuda's version of the EV six GT, which is the fast fast one.
Speaker 2: I think they reckon. It will do over two.
Speaker 4: Hundred and fifty kilometers an hour, which is pretty impressive. The EV six GT is two sixty claimed, which is just amazing for an electric car that they've been able to achieve that. And it sits on the EGMP platform, which is the IIC five platform, which means it has eight hundred VOULT charging. It is actually a good would EV platform. So yeah, I think that's that's exciting.
Speaker 2: But the thing that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, those EV six gts are starting to pop up in America and stuff right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's like the proper fast one. In Australia, we have the GT line and this will be the full fat GT version.
Speaker 1: Zero to one hundred in like under four like three point five or a point something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is bloody amazing decent. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The second one was the the hydrogen concept, which is called the n Vision seventy four. Now, this looks really cool because it's it's kind of based on what he called the Pony concept that they did ages and ages ago, and this borrows a lot of styling cues from that. It's got those cube headlights that you see on on I five as well. This one's cool because it has again dual re amount of electric motors over five hundred kilwatts nine hundred meters of talque hydrogen fuel stack as it's power source.
Speaker 2: I just think that this this will.
Speaker 4: I guess this kind of signals Hendau's intention to not move away from hydrogen. Tesla has forced a lot of manufacturers to pick a side hydrogen or electric, and I think Henday's trying to have a toe in both camps.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good move. It may not be sensible, yeah, it may not necessarily be business savvy move, because I know hydrogen is bloody expensive in all aspects, especially right now and especially because it's early days, but there's certainly a lot of benefits at the moment to hydrogen over electric.
Speaker 4: Well, the reason This one is very interesting. Is because something like a mirror, which is Toyota's version, it only has a one point to kill aut our battery, so it's it's very small nod.
Speaker 2: You just go ahead and eat.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you keep going, I'm just going to use some bacon.
Speaker 4: Ye just pop that back in your mouth. So the mirror uses a tiny little battery that is.
Speaker 1: Little them enjoy this without your talking.
Speaker 2: Just for a reference as well, he had a cookie before that.
Speaker 1: So I can't find my corky because you hate it.
Speaker 2: That's why he's found down.
Speaker 1: I'm a happy man, all right. Now keep talking about something I don't give a shit about it.
Speaker 4: Yes, So Mira uses a small one point two killer at our battery and a five kilogram hydrogen tank. And the way that it works is the hydrogen fuel stank basically runs an electric motor. It charges that small battery, and the battery discharges to the road. The Hyundai version, though, uses a massive battery, so it's a sixty two kilo at our battery. It's the same size of battery you'd find in something like a ConA a ConA EV, and it uses a small hydrogen tank so it's able to use the hydrogen fuel stack to generate ninety five kilowats to charge the battery, and then it uses the battery to power the car. So this is a completely different concept to anything we've seen before, and I think that this is the way to go. You don't really want something like a Mirah, which is so painfully slow and not interesting.
Speaker 2: This actually sort of bridges the gap between them. So yeah, I love this, And I may or may not.
Speaker 4: Be getting a closer look at these very very very soon.
Speaker 1: What does that mean You've already looked at them and you're not telling.
Speaker 2: Me I may or may not.
Speaker 1: Have you looked at them already?
Speaker 2: I may or may not.
Speaker 1: I know they're in the country.
Speaker 2: No, all right, next news story.
Speaker 1: Why can't you invite me to this shit? It's only for you and Trevor going together? Are you? That explains a lot? That explains a hell of a lot.
Speaker 4: They wanted someone with a bit of clout, you know, someone that gets gets stuff.
Speaker 1: Someone that can vaguely knows about cars, but it can also tell you what vacuum cleaned are buy.
Speaker 2: Now, guess what's been axed from Australia.
Speaker 1: Hang on, I'm still looking at the n Vision seventy.
Speaker 2: Four, Welcome to five Minutes Ago. Very Dolorean, yeah exactly, and also very pony concept from the seventies.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, that was that that that was their original one, right, Yeah, it looks good.
Speaker 2: Yes, guess what's been axed from Australia.
Speaker 1: A car that I don't reckon should have been asked from Australia.
Speaker 4: Yes, two of them actually, so the Ford for Esa ST and the Focus ST.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I just don't get that. So Ford. I think it's probably a smart move by Ford.
Speaker 4: They've realized that they only sell in Australia the Ranger and the Mustang, and they've realized they really shouldn't be wasting time on anything that isn't an suv or a dual cabut or a commercial vehicle.
Speaker 1: Once upon a time, though, like small cars were all the rage, you know what I mean, like it ebbs and flows.
Speaker 4: But these still sell quite well, like in Australia, stuff like I twenty thirty and they all sell really well.
Speaker 2: It's just Ford.
Speaker 4: Hasn't really committed to doing much with these cars.
Speaker 2: You look at Ynday, they've got a performance club.
Speaker 4: They're really sort of throwing a lot at their performance cars with Ford. Just I don't know Ford had their performance club as well, but I think that it just kind of really didn't That's true.
Speaker 1: They're like much about it. They're all they're all doing it, nit Toyota are doing it with the gr.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So anyway, it's sad to see these gone.
Speaker 4: They were actually pretty decent cars and at one point in the past actually ran Focus st with an available mound tune aftermarket tune and that thing was.
Speaker 2: Basically like just a menace on the road. It was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: So yeah, rip there for the Focus and the Fiesta for Australia.
Speaker 1: Can imagine you in a Focus. I can just imagine I saw you in a cute little car, which we'll talk about later, but imagine you've done around a little Focus.
Speaker 4: I have got some exciting news that that you'll love and that you probably already know about you And guess what is asking you to guess a lot in this episode. I know thousands of this car are due in Australia within weeks, and I'll give you a hint. Oh yeah, it's the world's best electric vehicle, according to.
Speaker 1: You, world's best. Ye I think I think you've got your facts wrong. I think I think you'd say maybe the highest selling electric car in China, but I wouldn't call it the world's best.
Speaker 2: That's what you were told to say.
Speaker 1: But all right, come on mate, the b y d Atto three is they're coming.
Speaker 4: I told you the better late than never, longest wait of my life.
Speaker 2: So the b yd just because you.
Speaker 1: Still haven't se what he did was left hand drive.
Speaker 2: Didn't even sit in the left hand drive one.
Speaker 4: So the Atto three, they've got thousands of them coming on a boat. They claim that they have four thousand sales banked, and strangely, retired footballer Tim Cahill is a brand ambassador for ev director company that's selling them.
Speaker 1: So is he was at the launch that I went to.
Speaker 2: I just don't get it. What's the connection?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Why is he famous?
Speaker 1: He's a famous football he's a famous guy.
Speaker 2: Didn't he have a Vron at one point?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did too. Yep.
Speaker 4: This seems like a bit of a side step yes, side and then very much down.
Speaker 1: A couple of steps into the base. Murt Oh geez, what can they what can they do for me? So? Yeah, well, these people are putting families in cars. I'm not going to win.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I want to see its crash tested first. I also want to see what the servicing rate, like, how is it going to work?
Speaker 2: Because it's all been very vague.
Speaker 1: You drop it off a k mar Bro. You just go to Camart, do your go, do your shopping and take it to the camar tyront order.
Speaker 2: Come back with your duney rolls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go, come back with some nice like the little interiors next to the VN commodore that's getting its wheels aligned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, excellent thing.
Speaker 1: And then you're good to go. Is that? Oh that's Tim Kale? Jesus, is that Tim Kale? God, he's let himself go, hasn't he? Jesus, have a look at him. He looks like something. He looks like a villain out of a horror movie. He does. He really has coming from the picture of perfection. Get out of here, pack up your bacon, Negrol.
Speaker 2: You're the one that had the bacon and negroll and the cookie.
Speaker 1: Don't touch my cookie and get out. Have a look at him. I will kick your head like a soccer ball. Mister Merrish, there you go.
Speaker 2: That's that's news.
Speaker 1: Is there? Any cars that you've seen that we should we should talk about. It was what cars have popped up lately. Civic Type Are.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yes, Civic Type Are that is coming to Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's this is funny.
Speaker 4: The current generation Civic Type Are looked very over the top and was really out there. Yeah, and this is more sort of like this is like the opposite. It's so sedate that you don't really know it's a Type Are.
Speaker 1: I agree, it's almost two kind of conservative.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've gone a little too far in the other direction.
Speaker 1: It's it's either one. It's the problem with this is and suber Usoa did this a little bit. It's either one extreme or the other. They can't just find a happy medium. Like I really liked when they got all aggressive with the last hype Are, but then the paired it down. But they've really paired it down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it really doesn't look all that sporty, so I'm sure it will be sporty because the Civic Type Art was actually very engaging and fun to drive. It didn't sound great, but it was engaging in fun, So I'm hoping the new one sounds better but still retains the engaging in fun despite not looking all that interesting.
Speaker 2: So I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Speaker 4: But there will be huge demand for this car when it finally arrives in Australia I think next year. So yeah, kind of looking forward to having a steer of that as well. Probably a bunch of outrageous colors that are coming to.
Speaker 1: Oh god, including that red interior.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was full on.
Speaker 1: That's a bit who ha, Why do they do that? Do you know what? I will say that Honda have brought out not crap, but like a lot of stuff that just looks boring. There's nothing really exciting going on, and I feel like what they've been dropping lately, what they've sort of given as a peak at is actually the start of at least they're kind of evolving a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean you look at the old HRV that was literally the retirement special. If you were under seventy driving that, you're probably driving it for your great grandparents for some reason.
Speaker 2: So I think that Honda is turning a corner.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the pricing is just way out, like it is so expensive for a lot of their cars, and they just keep jacking their prices up for no real reason.
Speaker 1: It is so strange, and they've always been quite an expensive car, a fairly expensive car to maintain too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, anyway, should we.
Speaker 1: Jump into our review?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just before we do, I am just a little bit concerned by the monitor above your head is a video stream from a studio somewhere that isn't here.
Speaker 2: Where is that?
Speaker 1: Because I it looks it's like that is that studio. This is great for the podcasting world. Well done, Paul, You've really nailed the medium.
Speaker 4: It's actually very creepy because there's there's no one in there. The doors open and there's a trolley and I don't remember that existing in this building.
Speaker 1: So I am going to after we record, I'm actually going to take you in that room and make you smile while I take something pictures. Okay, okay, So look, basically what that is is this is used as a radio studio, and that is their secondary studio. It's not much of one, but it's supposed to a secondary studio is essentially supposed to mirror what this is. This is where the breakfast studio are, and that studio that you can see on the monitor, which is just over there, is where the newsreader sits. So they basically want to even.
Speaker 2: Why do they need to see that person?
Speaker 1: Well, because generally when you've got like a team of people in a radio show, you kind of want to include people, so you want to want to see them.
Speaker 4: Put them in a room that's like in another building exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's quite inclusive. Yeah, yeah, it's terrible audio.
Speaker 1: Yeah anyway, Paul, just learning as we go. Shall we do the review? Yeah, we must come on, do your little yes, yes, aren't we excited about this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So sure sounds like it.
Speaker 1: The mg HS EV LGBQ, this car has honestly more pronouns than Demi Levado. And I know you don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: To say, I don't know, you don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: But for there's going to be people who engaged in twenty twenty two pop culture, and we'll be like, get.
Speaker 2: That good, good one, good one, Gordon.
Speaker 6: The twenty twenty three mg HS plus EV the Excite model starts from forty six thousand, six hundred and ninety dollars drive Away or the model we reviewed, the Essence from fifty one thousand, six hundred and ninety dollars.
Speaker 4: Now, can I explain very quickly why it's so expensive, Because it's not an EV.
Speaker 2: They call it a plus EV, which is just a little bit of a bit of a marketing.
Speaker 1: It's a tweak to the advertising. Really it is actually spin.
Speaker 4: It is actually a plug in hybrid EV, but they try and make it sound like an EV to make it, you know, to make your friends think that you're great. So the reason it's expensive is because traditionally, plug in hybrid evs are more expensive than their standard counterparts because they generally team a big battery, or not as big as a big EV, but a big battery for a regular car with an electric motor and an internal combustion engines, you can drive on both. And with the HS plus EV, it's got a seventeen ish killer what our battery?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: This car just it has nothing to do with MG in general. It's just the way that they've engineered it. They've kind of just they've taken an internal combustion platform and gone, okay, what can we do to make people think this is green?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know, let's take the engine out and tweak this and that, put.
Speaker 1: A little something in here. Let's just quickly roll through it because it very much is of Topspec hs really ten speed auto sun roof, keyless entry, push buttons start, eighteen inches led headlights MGS. What do they call it the pilot's safety system? Yep, three sixty parking, twelve inch digit dash, big sort of multimedia touchcreen, Well not big, but it's a decent size wired Apple car Play, Android auto, heated front seats, it's got technically on paper and in photos it's got pretty good features, right and ones, I reckon you should expect for fifty one thousand dollars yep. But then this car is pretty much like my ass. It looks great from a distance, it looks really good in photos, but then you just get up real close and there's just a big hole in the middle. It was horrible, falls like I went to university. What am I doing? Yeah, I don't think it's that bad. I think for me, I'm going I'm big, harsh. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, they've tried to make this good, but it's just a lot of things as an EV owner that they just haven't done well.
Speaker 2: So just the way that it drives.
Speaker 4: So the ten speed Audo that you mentioned, it's actually it's an interesting gearbox because it has I think it's a six speed auto for the internal combustion engine and a four speed for the electric components. Right, so while you're driving, it just has the most random fluctuations in acceleration that.
Speaker 2: Just don't feel normal or good.
Speaker 4: So from a driving point of view, it just isn't all that sort of good.
Speaker 1: Before we get into that, the main sort of positive or the main feature of having a hybrid car economy, right, Yeah, that's why people would generally go down this track.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, you get economy out of it, but the economy isn't spectacular. So they claim one point seven leaders per one hundred k's but you don't get that because you need to be able to just eat it.
Speaker 1: By cookie retime. Paul talks and I get a bit disinterested.
Speaker 2: Let me just be fatter. So yeah, they.
Speaker 4: The few economy claim is only there if you're constantly charging it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't offer DC charging, So if.
Speaker 4: You look at the Outland a PHEV or the Eclipse Cross PF, they both do DC charging, So your only option is a slow AC charge. So you've got to be able to charge at work or at home.
Speaker 1: It's a good five hours on this too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, and that's if you're using a fast charger. Zero to one hundred times of six point nine seconds is fine. It's sort of nothing spectacular. The way that it handles isn't great, so the body control isn't very good. And the other thing that annoyed me as well, I certainly couldn't figure out how to do it was to schedule charging.
Speaker 2: It is the bane of my existence. At home, we have.
Speaker 4: The EV charger, and I want to charge off peak so that it's cheaper. I could not see any way to do that in this car. So and it was the same story in the z SCV as well. You just can't schedule charging.
Speaker 1: So what does that mean? So you basically when you get home, you plug it in, get about it. But the scheduled charging will sort of say, hey, ten o'clock, ten thirty at night, we're gonna start charging.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, so it'll all be plugged up, ready to go, but it won't actually start charging un till then. So yeah, look, I think that as their first attempt, it's fine, but if it was me, I'd be spending on probably the Outlander. I know the Outland is a bit more expensive, but it's a much better car, a much better plug in hybrid, And I just think that if if you really want to get that full plug in hybrid experience, there are much better cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah even I mean for the price as well. The thing that gets me is the price of this car, and MG the.
Speaker 2: Price is actually not bad compared to other plug in hybrids.
Speaker 1: What about the RAP four, it's technically it's a little bit more than the RAP four.
Speaker 4: Red four is just a hybrid, So the RAD four doesn't do electric driving, So this will do up to seventy k's or sixty three k's of just EV driving. RAD four will drive for two hundred meters on EV before the battery runs out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So that's why these are expensive, because you're paying for the battery. But it is the cut price version of this system that you're going to have a much better option of with other brands.
Speaker 1: I think what MG do really well is they make affordable cars, and they make affordable cars with fairly good features at a price point of say the HS top spec for instance, say it's around about thirty five forty thousand. Between that point, you can kind of forgive it if it's going to if the seats are a little bit like weird and the driving position is a bit off, because essentially you're getting a feedture packed pretty good family car for under forty thousand dollars, but then you're looking at nearly fifty two thousand for exactly the same thing, but it's a plug in hybrid. I probably would skip this car, to be honest, I'd go straight to an HS just like a standard top spec rather than pay shell out extra for the EV. I don't think there's much point, I think economy wise. Personally, I was driving around not really thinking about it too much, but I remember getting to the end of sort of midway through the second week going I pretty much feel like I'm getting the same fuel economy as I would in a normal car, and I was just doing normal.
Speaker 4: Actually, it'd be worse because the problem with this is if you're not charging it daily and taking advantage of the big battery on board, you're then lugging around a seventeen killer what hour battery.
Speaker 1: But wouldn't it still be working in conjunction with each other.
Speaker 4: It does still work as a hybrid, but you still have the weight of that battery, so the advantage of something like a RAV four hybrid, and why they're so efficient is that comparatively, the battery is a sixteenth the size of the battery in this and that means it's a sixteenth the weight. So when you're driving a RAB four hybrid around, every time you slow down, it charges the battery and can then run the engine to charge the battery. With this, if you do want to run the engine to charge the battery, which again it doesn't really do very well, you're then using a whole bunch of fuel to charge the battery. So this is why you have the ability to plug this up and then when you drive it reduces your sort of fuel consumption. But if you don't charge it, it will act just like a hybrid, but a hybrid that's carrying around a giant battery that's not being used. I think there is an application for this type of thing, but you have to be committed to charging it nightly or daily and then you might get value out of it. But I just think as a plug in hybrid, there are just better options out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I completely agree. I think as I said before, I think what MG do really well is affordable cars. I don't think this is one of them. I did get a I got an email right from a guard so.
Speaker 2: You can show me one of those pictures.
Speaker 1: We talk about that off air, please. Now just the UK women's soccer team. What they do in the locker room is their business. Now she she pictures off air. Now, this is a question regarding the new Ranger, wanting to know if it qualifies as a commercial vehicle instead of an instant asset right off.
Speaker 2: Okay, so no, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: So there are two categories for the instant our set right off. And this is not financial advice, by the way, so we don't get.
Speaker 1: Suit, got a couple barefoot invest what else.
Speaker 4: There's two categories there, so one is up to I'm gonna let me look this up while I'm talking. You've got two different categories instant asset.
Speaker 1: Right of this is where I eat my cookie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 4: So there's two categories there. One that goes up to So the original cap was thirty thousand dollars. They increased to one hundred and fifty thousand dollars for businesses with turnover below five hundred million. And then they've got two different categories. So you have fifty seven thousand, five hundred and eighty one. This was for the twenty nineteen to twenty twenty income tax year. It may have changed, and then you have one hundred and fifty thousand for commercial vehicles. Now, any vehicle that isn't a commercial vehicle, so that is a vehicle that doesn't apply to the commercial vehicle rules, can only claim up to fifty seven five eight one for that income tax year.
Speaker 2: Anything that is a commercial view can go up to one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: Now, this is the definition of a commercial vehicle, so it is a commercial vehicle is one that's capable of carrying more than nine passengers or with a payload above one thousand kilograms. So where this affects the ranger is that if you are going for a higher spec ranger for something like a Raptor for example, that's on the road, like ninety thousand dollars or more, if it doesn't seep more than nine, which doesn't legally, you could probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of boys in the bag.
Speaker 4: The payload is not above a thousand kilos, you can only claim up to that fifty seven. Now, what some brands are doing, so ram the guys that are doing Silverados. They're offering a GVM upgrade that will give you payload above a thousand kilos so that you can meet one hundred and fifty thousand dollars threshold, and that means you can claim all the way up to one hundred and fifty grand.
Speaker 2: So to answer the question on a Ranger, it depends which ranger.
Speaker 4: Some offer above a thousand kilos payload, they are then classed as commercial vehicles and you can claim up to one hundred and fifty k or if it's not, you can only claim up to the passenger car limit.
Speaker 1: Can you get parts to kind of make this have a bigger.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure you can. So my understanding of the rules is you can upgrade the GVM, but you can't downgrade the GVM, so that means that you can upgrade it to meet a new tax threshold. So there are probably companies out there that will do a GVM upgrade for your Ranger to tip it over a thousand, because some of them are very close, So depending on which one you go for in the engine that's fitted, some of them are like nine eighty or nine fifty, so it is only a small change you need to make. And the hundreds or thousands of dollars you need to make that change could push you into that higher instant asset.
Speaker 2: Right off bracket. So yeah, it is a little bit confusing, but they are the rules there.
Speaker 4: For commercial vehicles, it has to be more than nine passengers or payload above a thousand kilos.
Speaker 1: Have you taken possession of your Ranger yet?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Not yet.
Speaker 4: My Raptor is built currently waiting for a boat to send it over here.
Speaker 1: Oh really still not here? You know what will be here pretty soon? What thousands of me could you imagine if it like if it was here before you're wrapped up.
Speaker 4: They're on a boat, but it was that was meant to be here like March, soans technically late anyway.
Speaker 1: Wow? What other car have you got? Y Tesla's coming.
Speaker 4: According to the app my model Why is scheduled for delivery between August eight and twenty two, so very soon.
Speaker 1: Wow. What color did you get?
Speaker 2: Gray?
Speaker 1: Ah? A sexy shade of Elon tan. You saw that, guys, you saw you saw Elon's holiday photos? Yes?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah he he. You can tell that guys working hard. He hasn't been out of the office in a long time.
Speaker 4: Well, the only time he is in the office is when he's sleeping with his coworkers and getting them pregnant because he's been busy doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's into that. He's like really into pro creating. I heard like he's like fully donating his sperm and yeah, he's like he's like really into procreation and trying to make as many humans as possible. There you go.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Now, if you hear us say this every single time you listen to our great podcast but don't do anything about it, make today the day that you actually do something about it and leave us a rating on the platform you're listening on. So we do appreciate that. On Apple. I've been looking at Spotify as well. Heaps people have left a rating there and a five star rating. By the way, some bitch left us a one star rating.
Speaker 1: I know who that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the many people you piss off forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Or Daniel, Daniel, Daniel wouldn't Daniel wouldn't do that.
Speaker 5: As much as I hate your crude humor, I must shave Drive show, I wouldn't leave you the one stair raging that that pathetic Trevor left you. What shit?
Speaker 7: Thank you, Daniel, I agree, but yeah, if you good, please leave us a rating that would be great. And if you do want to send us an email for us to read out on the show or some feedback or whatever, contact at the Drive Show dot com. That are you just a warning that Gordy will delete anything that's negative about him, so most of the emails we get we can't read out. But yeah, contact at the Drive Show dot com dot au. Anything you'd like us to talk about or spend more time on, we would love to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm just going through the emails right now. I probably should have done this pre show something. Someone was giving you a shit about your selling off your someone's giving you sit about selling off your hsvs to pay for your bitcoin problem. What else have we got here?
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you're prepared.
Speaker 1: Shs have we got? Oh it's Daniel, he said, I just listened. You guys went easy on me. Well off, Daniel, Thanks for listening. Everyone,