Speaker 1: Christ You O'Connell show podcast Friday lunchtime. I took our producers, collect and rio to the pub now because the pubs are just reopened, freshly reopened a couple of hours. There was a film crew in there from the ABC. They didn't come and bother filming us, all right, but I got a lot of messages from you, a lot of listeners who saw us clearly me on the news drinking in a pub for just on the three point seconds two point seven in the background, chugging a pipe. So today we're looking for your brief brushes with fame. We were on there blinking you miss it. They didn't even come and tell us that they were using us.
Speaker 2: So what was the stories? These are the people who couldn't wait to get back in the pubs.
Speaker 1: Sadly, I fear that we'd been sort of represented that way. Obviously the context, it was an actual business meeting. You know, they had good Wi Fi there and it was warm, and you know that's why we were there. You know, we got loads of ideas came out of it and stuff like that. So, yeah, we were there two point seven seconds. I asked one of our listeners to time it two point seven seconds, So any warholes said that everyone in the future will be famous for fifteen minutes. We're looking for under fifteen seconds. You're very brief brush with fame. What happened? This is an amazing story that's come out over the weekend in America. A lobster fisherman has been swallowed whole by humback well and then spat out. Isn't that just insane?
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Imagine that one day you're looking for them lobsters, swimmy swimming swim lobsters, and it all goes dark.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: Am I dead? What's happened? Yes, You're fumbling around in a dark and then you spat out the mouth of a humpback well. The guys called Mike, listen to here.
Speaker 4: All of the sudden, I just felt this huge bomb.
Speaker 1: Why is it, he liked, You're not gonna believe what's happened to me? Why is he so laid back?
Speaker 4: All the sudden, I just felt this huge bomb and everything went dark, and then I realized, Oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: Mean loading him into garboat. We just thought he's dead, he said, reversing inter him. He said that he would be flattened by truck.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, I just felt this huge bomb and everything went dark. And then I realized, oh my god, I'm in a whale's mouth. And all of a sudden, he went up to the surface and just erupted and started shaking his head. And I just got thrown in the air and landed in the water.
Speaker 1: This humbut well was shaking his head. Something stuck in my throat. Oh it's not human, is it? His mate in the boat is watching this. Imagine that you're watching a swallowed by well. You think, my god, he's dead. Then the whale service shakes his head and spits him out.
Speaker 5: I saw Mike come flying out of the water feet first with his flippers on, and land back in the water. So I jumped aboard the boat. We got him up, got his tank off, and got him on the deck, comping down.
Speaker 3: He goes.
Speaker 5: Joe, he goes, I was in the mouth of a whale. He goes, I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: I was in the mouth of a whale. Joel, do we believe these guys? It's such a story, is it. You can't help but go really, but imagine if that is you and you survive being inside a hump.
Speaker 2: That one we've been inside the wad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've been where no one else has been. So the other top of this morning is like our friend Mike in the inside a humpback well, how have you been where no one else has been? Because none of us are ever going to have an experience, hopefully where you're swallowed by a well and then spat out.
Speaker 2: It's Mike and Pinocchio are really the only team.
Speaker 1: So we're looking for your brief brushers with fame. Andy Wiholt said, in the future ever, we want to be famous for fifteen minutes. We're talking about under fifteen seconds for some of you. It's actually has been one second after me and the team was spotted in the background of ABC News in a pub on Friday, incredible story over the weekend of a lobster fisherman who was swallowed whole by hump but well and then spat out forty seconds later. I'm looking for you to call me up today and say, Christian, I've been where no other listener has been. Not necessarily in the mouth of a humbat well, but where do you think you've been where you can almost guarantee no other listener has been and just buy a bit of DS fan. I thought that was the perfect end or for amount of real integrity encounter bucks yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first time I ever barcked for Collingwood in the game.
Speaker 1: I don't think you were alone with that. I think it was he deserved it. However, what he didn't deserve was that quick gift they got together for him. Just a lump off, not even term. Normally they get a decent square, don't they. It looked like they were like, oh, I thought you were getting him a gift. No, no, because he only said he was quit in last week. Have you got nothing? It looked like a golf divience. Somebody just grabbed it quickly and said, put it in something and give it to him. It was for a man who served the club so well. It was a lame gift.
Speaker 2: It's also it's from the Seed.
Speaker 1: Even googled, has he got like a famous incident there? Or did he kick nine ten goals in his playing career? He has no real connection with the seg The game was only there because of obviously what's gone on in you know, in Melbourne and the lockdown. So it was a random bit of.
Speaker 2: Tough but here have a toft of grass in a perspect's bark and.
Speaker 1: A small literally like someone grabbed it with a fist, right, So lame gifts. So the top is today on three time a Tuesday. Are your brief your brief brush with fame? But he sent today I've been where no one else has been and lame gifts. Jesse.
Speaker 6: It was the last scene of an Australian movie called Holding the Man in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 7: And I may even be.
Speaker 6: Certain that the credits were rolling. But I was a Xavier prefect and you see me walking down the aisle of the church and I was in front of the father from around the Twist, which I was pretty excited about meeting him.
Speaker 8: And yeah, no.
Speaker 9: Previous experience as a prefect or a private schoolboy for that matter, but yeah, one second on screen is my second is amazing.
Speaker 1: You're in the lead at the moment. How did you gets me involved in it?
Speaker 7: I was working my ex partner was working for a show kids talent agency and she just needed a male roughly twenty one years old who could look pretty walking down at churchill hit the bill.
Speaker 1: So but you were twenty one, but but tend to be a schoolboy, a prefect.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just had a shave and I looked like a school boy.
Speaker 1: But with a giant trimmed up bed as top.
Speaker 2: Because how they always do it. The kids on the SA were like thirty when they.
Speaker 1: Were playing Yeah, yeah, this is brilliant. But you're in the last scene though of a movie that's pretty good? Did it lead to twenty more work? That one second?
Speaker 9: That was a brief claim to fame perfectly fit your brief?
Speaker 1: Yes, I said, yes, yeah, you peaked at the very young age at twenty one, Jesse.
Speaker 3: Jesse was it? Don't you call Mete?
Speaker 9: No worries, thank you.
Speaker 1: Chris, Okay, what's your brief claim to fame?
Speaker 8: So I'm a volunteer with the SEES and one time I was add at a job assisting the police, and all the news were there recording and they got a couple of seconds of footage of me running down the road looking all heroic, but I was actually just going to go get the takeaway from the delivery person.
Speaker 2: Hey, everyone being fed and nourris is an important part.
Speaker 1: Second, they call that the hero shot in movies. That's great. I'm now wondering to Baywatch. Was this Masshoff to get some chips. Chris, that's a great story. Thank you will.
Speaker 10: Anyway, no one else, Yes.
Speaker 1: If you go.
Speaker 10: When I was a young eighteen early for Soul Brothers circus is to get a cattle from a full grown as old mine, putting his paws up on my shoulders, and the next day it is the same with the full grown Bengal tiger.
Speaker 1: I mean that is where no others has been before, cuddling with the big cats.
Speaker 10: It's pretty awesome. One thing that did strike was Jesus brush.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 3: Have a good day, Jackie.
Speaker 10: Hi, mine is lame gift. When I was twenty one, family friends of ours, who were about two years older than.
Speaker 6: Me, gave me a print of the Last Supper, you know, a very nice.
Speaker 7: Gold detailed frame with the curved glass.
Speaker 3: Mind you, I'm not religious, Okay.
Speaker 1: It is just a random gift, isn't it, You know.
Speaker 7: Very random and creepy at the same time.
Speaker 2: Jackie, what do you mean by curved glass like one of those curved o led TVs.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, exactly so. He made Christ book Jesus.
Speaker 1: What if you call his those two I don't think anyone in the world, no matter what religious persuasion or not goes.
Speaker 2: That guys again, famous.
Speaker 1: Famous name in the.
Speaker 3: Mill, always rich.
Speaker 1: Is that a twelve pack?
Speaker 3: That guy was rich, But that's not religious, clearly, mister.
Speaker 1: J Christ, Jason Christ.
Speaker 2: His dad was famous too.
Speaker 1: So you just got bitch on the Last Supper.
Speaker 6: Yes, we got the twenty first.
Speaker 1: Yeah your twenty first. Yeah, lovely. All right, Jackie, thank you very much for GOOL.
Speaker 9: Thank you, bye, Christian, Hello
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast