Speaker 1: This episode was recorded on Cameragle Land. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Live on Cut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura, I'm Brittany, and I have had minimal to no sleep.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear you complain because I did just offer to strip for you. I know, for your birthday. It is your birthday today. We should start with that. Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sorry, we're recording this a day in advance. It's actually my birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but for everyone else's Laura's birthday today.
Speaker 1: Four guys, I'm thirty nine.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm thirty nine years Keisha, you just are horrified.
Speaker 4: Thirty That wasn't why I was looking horrified.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to connect my laptop because I've got something for you.
Speaker 4: But I just realized I wasn't as prepared as I.
Speaker 6: Should have been.
Speaker 7: Thirty nine. I know I went for not prepared either off for thirty nine.
Speaker 2: No, thirty nine feels okay still. Actually, to be fair, I'm not worried about age, like I'm not frightened about turning forty. I'm just a surprised I've arrived at the desk. I'm just surprised that I've arrived at the debth Wow, why can't I speak?
Speaker 7: It's because you're thirty nine. Oh my god, God it happens.
Speaker 2: I am surprised that I have arrived at the destination so quickly. That's what I'm worried about, and worry that, like life is.
Speaker 1: Moving too fast. And then eighty and dead.
Speaker 7: Big jump.
Speaker 2: Halfway to eighty guys, almost halfway to seventy eight days.
Speaker 3: I learned this the other day. You are halfway. When you turn thirty nine, it's your fortieth year of life. People don't think about it. They're like, oh, it's my thirty ninth year.
Speaker 7: It's not. You've already hit your fortieth year, but we call it thirty nine.
Speaker 5: This is kind of how they do the whole elevator floors where it's like ground or first floor, and then in some places first floor is the actual ground floor.
Speaker 7: And you know what I mean, Well, Laura's going to Pennur.
Speaker 2: I have a question when you say you only just realize this the other day. Yeah, you only just realize that. You don't call one one until you've turned it.
Speaker 7: But not that you don't realize, but you don't think about it.
Speaker 3: You just say thirty nine and you think you're thirty nine, but when you actually think, oh, it's that means I'm actually forty.
Speaker 2: Explain to you guys why I'm so tired in a second. I know I feel like at the moment that I'm complaining a lot. At the start of these episodes, it's been a big a couple of weeks. I'll tell you right later.
Speaker 5: Well before we get into that, we have heard from two people that are really, really instrumental in your life. They love you so much. It is not, in fact Britain, it's Ben. We have a little birthday message for you.
Speaker 8: I'm Molly. Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: It's Mommy's birthday.
Speaker 8: Happy birthday. I love you, you love we love you so much up to the moon and that it's you your birthday today and I love you very much and and happy birthday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 6: Love this.
Speaker 9: I love you so much. I wish it could be your birthday right, so I will give you lots of cattle and kisses. I give you pleasant and I'm key bla. You're kind of man.
Speaker 8: When I love you, I love you, I can lead to everything and evening your and eating your shock.
Speaker 1: From there.
Speaker 7: Hi, mommy, fine, we love you, we love you.
Speaker 3: They birthday, they love you, and happy birthday.
Speaker 10: What I'm getting from that is they take them to work too often. We love it when you take us to the shop and we get rocks. I really appreciated Lola's surprise it's your birthday at the very start, but.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, that message went on for another ten minutes. That was the same thing on repeat for ten minutes.
Speaker 7: We had to cut it down. It was like there was a lot of love and a lot of happy birthdays.
Speaker 1: They're the best.
Speaker 2: I mean, there're four and five. I don't know what else you we expect. They're so cute. Although I did know that they had made a message, I didn't know what was for here. And that's because I came home from work yesterday. Mony goes, hey, Mom, can we watch that birthday message we made for you on your phone?
Speaker 7: And I was like, why were I a lad? Nice things?
Speaker 8: Marley?
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know what you're talking about. Yeah, that's very very cute, guys, thanks for doing that. My kids never remember anything because they're too little, and that's.
Speaker 7: Shock when they realized it's mum's birthday. Well, happy birthday, Mom, Come away. To blow out your candles.
Speaker 2: To be fair, I've only taken Lola to the shop once this year, and I have there's one area upstairs where I have heaps of crystals, and so she went and she like took a little she took like no, she took like a whole bag of crystals that she picked out for her self, and beads and stuff. And it's funny the things that kids latch onto that they remember that they feel was really special to them. Like that to me was just kind of like we had to run in and do something. And she now has them and they're like her treasures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very sweet.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of Lola's treasures, the reason why I got almost no sleep last night is because we had a very important person visit our house and that was the dummy fairy.
Speaker 1: So last night.
Speaker 2: Was I mean, you guys, if you know I've spoken about a little bit, like Lola's four, she's very old to still have a dummy.
Speaker 1: I'm well aware.
Speaker 7: Don't come for me.
Speaker 2: I know when I almost say that in like defense, because there's always someone who's.
Speaker 1: Like it's too or like look.
Speaker 2: At her, look at her teeth, look at her overbite. There's always some so judgmental comment. It's been a really really hard process for us to get Lola off the dummy. It's been super emotional. There's been so many nights of just non stop crying. We tried a year ago and we took her off for six weeks and it was awful, Like she just never ever got better being off it. So six weeks and we took her to a like I have a girlfriend who's a child psychologist, and she was like, give her back the fucking dummy. She's like, it's not a big deal. She was like, I know she's old. She clearly has attachment issues. There's also some sensory stuff that we're like, you know, figuring out with Lola. And she was like, it's just not a big deal if it's causing this much to stress, like we can work on it later.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she didn't get n ears.
Speaker 1: Anyway, kids are always getting bracest those days.
Speaker 7: Everyone did it to be fair.
Speaker 2: She's gonna get a face left by the time she's twenty anyway, isn't that what kids do?
Speaker 7: I think at this point probably thirteen fourteen, but anyway, continue on. Once she's had a jaw religned.
Speaker 1: We joke it's not okay.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we were like a year on from that, and we kind of have been having the conversations with her ongoing around the dummy Fairy and how the dummy fairies coming soon. But we've been really encouraging her to set the time when that was gonna happen, and like set the day. Obviously with parameters around it, we weren't just like pick whenever she's like when I'm twenty five. So when we were away on the Gold Coast, she chose that last night was the night that the dummy Fairy was coming. Unfortunately for me, it also coincided with Matt being in Melbourne, so it meant that I was the only dummy fairy in the house and I was the only one who could actually like buffer her sadness and her big emotions.
Speaker 3: So talk us through like what the dummy fairy does, because we know like the two Fairy, we know Easter, but I don't know the job criteria of the dummy Ferry.
Speaker 2: When you think about when we were young, parents would just take your dummies off.
Speaker 1: You cut a hole in.
Speaker 2: It, kind of frontop of it, throw it in the bin, like there was no care around, like traumatous removal of the dummy. Now it's like the gentle parenting has really taken over.
Speaker 3: So do you think we're too gentle? I like, I'm so well adjusted and my parents did not teeter toteter to us. They was like they would have ripped that thing out and burned it to the ground front of us.
Speaker 5: But I want to defend you because it's not like your you can do whatever you want in every aspect. This is one specific thing that you've been like the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
Speaker 2: Until now, the dummy has been the one thing that has been really challenging for us. And it's because I liken it too. How lots of kids have like a flannel or a teddy or something that they've had their whole life that they go to bed with. Loads of kids have their little like attachment blanky or whatever the hell it is. Lola doesn't have that. She has her dummy. That's it, and she's like a full dummy conoscern Now, Like we'll go to the park and she'll be like, and Mum point out another kid and she's like, that's a nice dummy.
Speaker 3: It's like she's going past the car ya, and she's like, it's a great Lamborghini.
Speaker 1: So that's a really good dummy.
Speaker 3: She's like, that's top not just top shelf that calls it was that a two for one chemis so.
Speaker 1: The way that we did the dummy Fairy.
Speaker 7: Sorry, do you think she walks up to them and she's.
Speaker 3: Like, great compares great dummy, like just so you know, like choice, like how like.
Speaker 1: Chicks would like compliment each other's pants or something in the.
Speaker 7: Bathroom where you get that from? What's brand?
Speaker 1: Can I see the tea?
Speaker 7: Yeah, shah? Is it soft?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: That is supple?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I like the way shimmers?
Speaker 2: Okay literally literally, So okay, this is how the dummy Fairy worked in our household. Last night, I collected all the dummies so there was like five of them in the house, So collected them all up, put them in a bowl, right, and Molly made her a little picture like she made her like a drawing of the dummy Fairy and everything, and we left them all outside on the table with a little note that we'd written to the dummy Fairy about taking them and how like she could have them and take them to a magical castle.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. The story just got more and more elaborate.
Speaker 2: I had no control over the fantastical story that came out. Anyway, The dummy Fairy bought Lola some presents, and it's in exchange, the dummy Fairy takes the dummies, she leaves the presence.
Speaker 1: It feels like.
Speaker 2: Christmas, like, it feels comparative in terms of excitement. So Lola gave all of her dummies are kiss, she gave them all a cuddle, She put them into her little cup. She said goodbye, and she went to bed with a little toy that I'd given her as a present for being so brave. And she got into bed and she just had the saddest little cry. Like it wasn't a big cry, it wasn't emotional or screaming. She just had this sad, defeated little whimper. And she was like, I'm so sad and i am not brave and I am not strong, And she just cried and softly cried herself to sleep.
Speaker 3: And that cry, it's like when you know you're in a relationship that you love them, but you know they're not the one for you and they're toxic.
Speaker 7: So it's like it's like I requited love.
Speaker 3: You know it's got to end, but you're not happy about it, but you're making the decision anyway.
Speaker 7: That is brave.
Speaker 1: And she was really.
Speaker 2: Sad, just like just like this real pathetic sadness. Anyway, and then every time she woke up and meant they're like, trying to get her back to sleep was hard, so she didn't have that comfort thing. So I don't think it's a one night situation by any means. I think last night was the tip of the iceberg. I reckon we're in for some pretty bad nights because now that she's gotten the present in the morning and she was so excited, I think that it's gonna like spiral down the other side of the hill for maybe a week or two, and then I think she'll come out the other side good.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's what I will say is Laura one hundred percent has tried this many times. I will back that because we all went through it together. I obviously didn't have to go through the sleepless nights, but like you committed for.
Speaker 1: A long time, it's been a roller coach.
Speaker 3: Maybe this one is different because she's still gonna be sad, but she did come to the realization and the decision on her own.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe she won't be as tantrum me.
Speaker 3: Because she doesn't feel like you've taken something from her, like she's given it up one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I think it will be different.
Speaker 2: I think that we got to a place where she made a decision, and with Lola, it's all about giving her control, like she needs to have control every things.
Speaker 1: You can't try and push stuff on her. She's got to figure it out.
Speaker 2: When she figures it out, I think she will be sad, but she understands, and that's the thing that's different this time to last time, whereas last time it was like we took it and we were punishing her and she didn't understand why.
Speaker 5: The only thing I think is interesting is that now she's at an age where she's like starting to understand manipulations. So she's kind of like old enough to be like, hmm, one one night without the domus, no presence to move to rest Or.
Speaker 2: It's even like she's at an age now where she's so smart, where she's like the dummy free took them, go to fucking chemists warehouse and get me another one.
Speaker 1: She's like, I have a solution.
Speaker 7: She's like, Mom, you've got Laura ten for ten percent off.
Speaker 1: She's just get me one.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Look, it's yeah, it's a hard one.
Speaker 7: She'll be fine.
Speaker 2: And you have these moments in parenting where like you have to have loving boundaries. The next one is getting her to sleep in her own bed. But she's just like my little she's my little tricky one. She's like a little Koala, and she's very sensitive and she just requires a little bit more softness.
Speaker 1: So we are going through the process and it's happening. It's underway.
Speaker 7: I'm very happy to hear about that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'll be happy in a like a month's time when it's over.
Speaker 3: I also had a really soft, pathetic cry. Yes, if you want to know why, So he Lola and I are very similar.
Speaker 7: I'm not proud of this. This is what I'm going to start this conversation.
Speaker 1: It's very funny.
Speaker 7: It's not that it is funny. Now that I've cried it out, it's funny.
Speaker 2: I will start the conversation with I received a message from Britt yesterday afternoon saying, hey, can you please pick me up from carrology at seven thirty in the morning and drive me to work.
Speaker 1: I don't have my car tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Then I also messaged Keisha and said, Kisha, can you please bring your electric hand screwdriver drill as well tomorrow. So two separate messages went to the group, Hey, can you pid me the same reason?
Speaker 7: Yeah it is it's the same reason.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I needed to pick up because I don't have a car and I need a screwdriver. So I was driving home from work yesterday in Sydney, very busy, cruising along, not speeding, and I see a police cart like zooming up behind me, a couple of cars away, and I was like, oh, it's got somewhere to go, so I better pull over. Did the thing like you are you pulled to the side. I didn't stop though, because on multile lanes, I just went to the left and then he pulled in behind me, and I was like, oh am, I not out of the way enough. And I kept driving and he didn't overtake me, and I was like, is he pulaying me over?
Speaker 7: And I was like, oh my god, I think he is the audacity.
Speaker 3: But I was like cruising at like fifty five kilometers like under the speed limit because it was peak hour traffic.
Speaker 7: Was I was not doing anything wrong at at the moment. Are you like, am I a drug dealer? Do I have guns in the car?
Speaker 5: Like you've never had one in your entire life?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: But I was like in my head, I was like, what, I'm not speeding. But it's also not a random breath chest. I was like, he intentionally has pulled me over. So I was like, fuck, So I pulled over and he gets it out and he walks up and puts his hands in his pocket. Um, can't have your larcense and registration police.
Speaker 1: He was not American, he was not from Texas.
Speaker 7: No, he's Australian. But that sounded better.
Speaker 3: License and registration please, And I was like, okay, gave me my license and registration.
Speaker 7: He's like, do you know I've been pulled over?
Speaker 6: Shy?
Speaker 7: I said no, I actually really don't. He's like, you're driving an unregisted vehicle, ma'am. And I was like what.
Speaker 3: He's like, you're unregistered and I was like no, I'm not. I was like, I'm not unregistered and he's like, no, you are unregistered.
Speaker 7: What address are you at? He's trying to catch me out. What's your dress, and I'm tell him my address and he's looking at his little pad.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 3: I showed him my license on my phone. I was like, it's on my phone and he's like, show me your actual license. Then, so I got him out the hard license updated address as well, and I was like, also updated address.
Speaker 7: He's like, oh, that's weird.
Speaker 1: He's like, you're oh, we've made it. We've made an internal work error.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like, that's weird. I was like, I registered. I always register my car when I get sent my registration. That's how it works. I don't have an alert in my phone. It's one day a year. You wait till you get the letter and you register it.
Speaker 7: You know, I think that that's normal.
Speaker 2: I know it does seem like a terribly backward way of doing things, like why are we waiting for letters when we will have email addresses and phone numbers.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I wait for it to come to me. I wait for the reminder, right, I don't have it in my diary, which maybe I need to from here for it. Anyway, we have this conversation and I'm like, look, he's like, it's been sent to this old address.
Speaker 7: I said, I haven't been there in four years. I was like, that's on you. He's like, actually, I'm a policeman. I'm a separate party. It's not on me. And I was like, okay, sorry, And I was like, well.
Speaker 3: Does this still have to happen? Is it still a thing now that you know? He's like yeah, He's.
Speaker 1: Like you're driving an unregistered He's.
Speaker 3: Like, you've been unregistered for four months. And I was like, what for. You don't have to admit that, brain, I sort of have.
Speaker 7: To know because the next because the next part is I paid insurances and stuff.
Speaker 3: I just hadn't gotten the letter because it got sent to an old thing and it was from December, so I was overseas with Ben.
Speaker 7: That's my excuse. That was that's the end of my reasoning.
Speaker 3: Month, not even three weeks, but that's the registration time. That's when I was there, exactly when I was there, because it's just before Christmas that it was registered, so I just was not here not thinking about it, didn't drive for five weeks whatever.
Speaker 5: I also will back you and I've registered cars in many states in this country.
Speaker 1: New South Wales is by far the biggest piss take.
Speaker 5: There's so many different steps and also some of them you have to do, like you have to do them in order, and you have to wait for them to update their records.
Speaker 7: So if you get CTP, you've got.
Speaker 5: To wait for that so that you can actually feel like you've read your because they need the tick of approval from the people before and if you need a blue sleep and if it's such a nightmare.
Speaker 3: The lady on the phone validated me completely. She goes just so you know, New South Wales is the most fucked state for the registration. I was like, thank you.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so it gets worse. I was like, okay, so this does have to go forward. He's like, yes, three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Fine, that's upset.
Speaker 3: I was like, but it's not my fault, and he's like, not mine either. So then he's like, you actually can't drive now, and I was like I was just down the road. So he's like, you have to drive straight to a mechanic. So I had to sit on the side of the road and phone around until someone could see me. Found a mechanic, drove straight there. He pulled over in front of me. He was watching me, he was checking. I'm like, okay, cool, so I went down. I've been on the phone for all afternoon while my car's going together. At the check, you don't need a normal check when you're unregistered. I tried to register it on the spot. He's like, you need to register on the spot, was watching me. I tried to register it. It says you don't have a registration any more. It's canceled.
Speaker 7: It's gone.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do anything, and it's empty serving yourself. I was empty and I was like, oh my actual god.
Speaker 7: Then they call me.
Speaker 1: And they're like, no longer exists.
Speaker 7: Now it's a ghost car.
Speaker 3: Then they were like, you need to before we can even do anything, you need to come in and surrender your plates. And I was like, surrender my plates? I was like what, They're like, surrender your plates? We can't do anything. Do you surrender you I was like, that's like I'm a criminal. I was like, well, do I have to walk in with my plates and be like don't you So? Now like it's not a normal registration. To do alafety check, you got to do a blue slip, which is this like thorough feel ups, like getting felt up when you go through security. Then I have to go through all the registration, I had to cancel all these other stuff. Now I've got to undrill my plates. I don't even know how to take plates off, but I'm going to figure it out surrender them.
Speaker 7: And then when I surrender them.
Speaker 3: And I have to uber there because I have to everywhere because I can't drive my car with no plates, then I have.
Speaker 7: To go get new plates given to me.
Speaker 3: Uber back to the mechanic, unsurrender them and put new plates back on. Then everything, if you think about the admin, everything is attached to it, all the tolls, all the pay apps, everything is attached.
Speaker 1: To my That is devastating.
Speaker 7: I was devastated. And then can I tell you the last thing that made me really upset?
Speaker 3: Actually I was really upset because that's when I just really wanted a man in the house because I was like, I just want you to fix this problem.
Speaker 7: I want you to go and take the plates like a feminist.
Speaker 4: I want you to pay three.
Speaker 1: Feminism has left my body.
Speaker 3: And I was so upset just by the whole thing because it is dumb, like if I just had a reminder on my phone or something. But then I spoke to the RTA, I said, this is your fault. I was like, you have sent it to an address four years ago. I said, I know, I've updated my address and they couldn't figure it out for a while too. They're like, yes, it does appear you have and they're like, oh, I understand what's happened. And I was like what They're like, there was just another link attached to another account that hasn't been updated, and I said, well, why is an update Automatically They're like, it's a separate form that no.
Speaker 7: One told me about.
Speaker 3: I was like, of course you have it. Of course I have said perform. I was like, don't even worry. I'll be there to surrender Tory.
Speaker 7: So I have to turn myself in today.
Speaker 1: Even I want to surrender after that story.
Speaker 3: Okay, at the end of the day, yes, I have equal blame. I could have known that that was the time of year. But also I'm the kind of person and from who I've spoken to, there's someone else in this room currently driving unregistered. I'm not say who it is.
Speaker 1: It's not me.
Speaker 2: I know that everyone's going to instantly assume that it's Also, she's not on camera. It's a wonderful video editor Vanessa, who's hiding in the corner.
Speaker 3: But if I don't get something like that for a one off thing that says I wait for the letter, you open it, you sit down at the table, you pay it on the spot.
Speaker 7: That's how I operate. So we're equal blame.
Speaker 5: I have a conspiracy theory to put to both of you. Do you remember when we were younger, there were stickers that you would put on your bottom left hand side of the window, right, you're so tractic, and it had the date that it was new. When they were like, we don't need Regiro stickers anymore, I was like, you guys are going to be sneaky little devils and you're not going to remind people, and they're going to forget because they're not looking at it every other day when they're driving their car. And if they wanted to get in contact with you, they would. If they needed to find you, Brittany, if you had actually done some type of criminal activity, they would be able to find you in a split second.
Speaker 7: You are all over the internet. You are the least private person.
Speaker 5: They've got your phone number, they've got your email, they've got your bikini picks.
Speaker 7: I should have shown him that because like, let's just help.
Speaker 3: Am I still find He's like, yes, I'm okay, we'll just.
Speaker 7: I'll just show you.
Speaker 2: The only thing though, what that is is like, I mean, I do remember when they remove the stickers, because as we have all established, I'm almost forty, you're in your fortieth year. It could have been it could have been an option, like why don't the stickers still exist for people who are particularly bad at paperwork? Like I am particularly bad at paperwork. I am very lucky that in my relationship Matt takes control of those things because he is better at it. The only reason why my car is registered is because Matt always, like without fail, he'll send me a text message every year and goes, hey, honey, your car's up for registration soon I've paid it, and he'll send it through to me.
Speaker 3: Like that's just so, you guys are still paying my gas bill and you keep paying my redgros well.
Speaker 2: And the evidence of this is that, as you guys know, I mean, if you've been listening to the pod long enough, I realized, after Britt had been living in her house for three years, which is my old house, that I was accidentally still paying her gas bill thinking I was paying my own that's how bad I am with paperwork and me too, and I'm still now paying. Like what I just do is instead of canceling it because I can't do the paperwork, I was like, I can't handle.
Speaker 7: We've decided you'll keep paying it and I'll just pay you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just email Britt her gas bill now and she pays it. And that's the system we have and it works well.
Speaker 3: So if Matt can start to email me my regro, I'd be very grateful.
Speaker 7: Well, anyway, it is sorted everyone.
Speaker 3: If you do see me on the roads, it is because I am back on track and I have a new number plate.
Speaker 1: Well it's not sort of yet because you've still got a uber home, but you know, we get good.
Speaker 7: With my drill. Pray for me.
Speaker 1: Fuck my life, something that is living completely rent free.
Speaker 2: In my mind at the moment, it may in fact even turn into my Roman empire, because I have not stopped thinking about it since I saw the short play out on Instagram on the weekend was an interview that happened between a reporter Alec Baldwin and Ilaria Baldwin. Now they are being questioned about their new reality TV show that they've put Together, which is called The Baldwins, following them and their seven children. Full transparency, I haven't watched it. I'm not interested in watching it. I am, however, interested in all the drama that seems to follow this family.
Speaker 3: Are you not interested at all, just like the Megan Markel just to like tap in and see what one episode's about?
Speaker 7: Personally, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think I am and I will.
Speaker 2: The only thing is is for me, I kind of hate that the mystery around Alec Baldwin has been lifted. I used to really really like him as an actor, and I used to love the movies and shows that he was in, like Thirty Rock. For me, it was such a amazing series. It was something that I just could not stop watching when I was in my twenties. And to see the version of who I think he is in real life versus the characters that he played, and I don't know, I just it's kind of like made me lose the love for him a little bit. And that's that's probably an unfair thing to say, because he isn't his characters, but it makes me to want to watch him as reality TV star, Like just don't have an interest.
Speaker 3: I think that's really interesting, Like that is an interesting thing to unpack because we often talk about how we like celebrities.
Speaker 7: So much more and we're so much closer to them.
Speaker 3: We have this parasocial relationship now that they aren't so mysterious and they do open up and show us who they are and their real personality. But on the other side of that, sometimes they show us too much and we don't like who they are. So I think sometimes it can be amazing. There are certain people that we froth even more when we're like, Oh, you're just a normal person like me. You're really funny. I love your personality. But there's other people like Alec Baldwin where it doesn't fit the mold. He doesn't fit reality TV, and watching him interact on a different level, I understand why it's taken away from the way you probably romanticized him a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also he has gone from being a movie star to a reality TV star, and I don't know for me, there's something about that that sits really uncomfortably. However, what I wanted to talk about was this incident that happened on the red carpet. I think that sometimes we become fascinated with couples and how they interact and who they are as people. I particularly am fascinated by Alec and Ilaria for the reason that they have seven children. I cannot get my head around the idea of having seven kids and still managing to be able to maintain a happy, fulfilling relationship and a happy, for filling household, especially when you have other priorities like work and friendships and everything else that you need to juggle.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, she came out and said that he she's had to put a stop to it. He would have more kids, she said, he would keep going. And she said to him, you'll have to go get a younger wife, which.
Speaker 7: Is like, I probably will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to mean, well, he's done that once before. Well, look, have a listen to this. This is what everyone's been talking about. It is the way in which Ilaria shuts down Alec when he tries to speak on the red carpet.
Speaker 1: Have a listen.
Speaker 4: We're going to see how it feels.
Speaker 7: Sad it'd be out there. Yes, yes, you're a winner.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, when i'm talking, you're not talking. No, when I'm talking, you're not talking.
Speaker 4: This is why, Yes, we'll have to.
Speaker 1: Like just pat him out of the show.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think this is a really.
Speaker 6: Raw show and it's very real, and we've took a lot of chances.
Speaker 2: So what you don't see is him rolling his eyes. Well, it doesn't roll his eyes. He looks defeated, and he kind of like looks up. He steps back in a moment of like, oh my God, Lord, give me grace, and then he steps back and then he moves away from the interview.
Speaker 1: He obviously looks upset.
Speaker 3: But what you also don't see is her actions. So when she says, when I'm speaking, you're not speaking, her hands are like in his face.
Speaker 7: Do you know what I mean? She's like, when I'm speaking, you're not speaking.
Speaker 2: We will put the moment on social media so you guys can give your opinions dismissive.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of backlash. Now.
Speaker 2: The problem is is people already have their reasons and their biases to not like Laria. There was a lot of controversy around her not actually being Spanish, her having a fake Spanish accent, her forgetting the word cucumber, which was iconic.
Speaker 1: At the time but also inic the right word not.
Speaker 2: Really, No controversial, maybe questionable, definitely. But the thing is is I think people already seek out reasons to dislike her. However, even myself watching this behavior and watching this moment where she clearly asserts herself in the conversation, it made me feel viscerally uncomfortable, and I had to ask the question, why is it because she overstepped in how she communicated with her husband in a relationship that we know very little about, or is it because this is a clear situation where someone is being disrespected in public and we're not used to seeing it.
Speaker 3: The reason I find this so interesting is because the way she reacted to him and the things he was saying made it sound like he was being rude and really rude and really dismissive, when in fact, whilst he did jump in a little bit, like you can hear he does, he is trying to say something. But what he's trying to say is just like a few words here and there, in complete support about a show that he's also involved in and about a question that he has also been asked. They're both being their interview together about to show that they both starr in together. If there's going to be another season and all he's doing is like he's behind her a little bit and he's like supporting her. He's like, yeah, you'd be great, You've got this. Like there was no reason I think for her to be so rude and dismissive. She very easily could have been like thanks, babe, and it could have been done. I think it's the public statement of dismissing him. And in some way it is embarrassing to air your public laundry like that, like your dirty laundry publicly, I should say. And that's what we're not used to seeing. So I have no doubt that these things go on behind closed doors with Hollywood and celebrities all the time, but we don't often see it so blatantly. She wasn't embarrassed by it. She didn't look like she did anything wrong, Otherwise she wouldn't have done it. She was just like, no, I'm talking, you're not talking, don't interrupt me. I found it very unnecessary, and I think, as you just sort of mentioned before, it really does double down on the public's confirmation bias of why we hate her. Like the reason that people are more against her than for her in this city situation is because they already don't like her from her past discrepancies, which is pretending she's Spanish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if people didn't have already such a strong dislike for her, this wouldn't have gone as viral.
Speaker 10: People.
Speaker 2: It may not be even I don't know, it may not have even necessarily touched the sides in the same way it was rude, But would it have made as big news. I think people love to latch on things that confirm the reasons why we don't like something or like someone. My only other question to this is, yes, maybe it's a moment of showcasing that they don't have the perfect relationship, but a lot of people don't have the perfect relationship. In fact, I would say most people don't have the perfect relationship, and there are moments of frustration that happened towards your partner. I don't know if it's an indication necessarily of her just being a horrible, awful person, or maybe maybe let's play devil's advocate in this situation, maybe it is a case that every time she's speaking, she is being interrupted and she's fed up of it. I understand that there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. I understand that like doing it publicly verse speaking in private is very rude and it comes across dismissive. But there's so many more layers that you don't see when you look at what is just a five or ten seconds clip of someone. Now I'm saying this to play Devil's Advocate. Of course, that's not how I felt when I watched it. I absolutely felt all the things that we're talking about. I was like, Wow, if I ever spoke to Matt like that in a public setting, Wow, we would be having a fight in the taxi on the way home.
Speaker 7: I don't even think I would do that in front of a friend. I like, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I think that that is such a private conversation and we have to switch.
Speaker 7: The narrative here a little bit.
Speaker 3: If that role was reversed and he was talking and she was like, babe, you're going to be great, and he turned around and went, don't speak while I'm speaking, we would be in uproar.
Speaker 2: But I don't that's what I mean. I don't think that that stereotype is considerably different. I really don't. What I mean by that is people are angry about it. People would think that she has emasculated him. Is a lot of the comments saying that he looks as though he's like downtrodden and weak, like he's being taken advantage of in this relationship. I hate this narrative that because she is a strong and obviously very outspoken woman, that he must be hard done by as a man in that relationship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's doing just fine. I think he's fine.
Speaker 2: He's also like whether he's miserable or he's happy, Like, he has made the decisions to be and the relationship is in. He's made the decisions to have the amount of children that he's had. These are mutual decisions.
Speaker 7: He also sorry for him.
Speaker 2: He also made the decision to be part of this reality TV show. You know, this stuff doesn't just happen to him because she's the mastermind making everything happen around him. I think that there is absolute mutuality that's happening here.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just found this whole moment in time fascinating, and I think that it really villainizes her and makes her kind of plays into the stereotype that she's like just this like nasty woman who's taking over his life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want anyone to feel sorry for him in that sense, because he can make his own decisions. He's the one that came into the relationship with money control power, he was older, he had a successful career. He doesn't have to be there if he doesn't want to. I also hate the fact that just because the woman takes controling, it is assertive that people like get out of their man, like you deserve better. That's a load of bullshit, Like that is an absolute load of bullshit. But anything I did feel about this situation was only intensified and they sort of doubled down a little bit.
Speaker 7: It wasn't the.
Speaker 3: Intended reaction, but they did give a united response to this now viral interview on the Red Carpet, this viral moment. So they are laying in bed together and they are lip syncing to the actual fight to the audio, and then they're trying to have this like we're still happy, we're together, were united. They're kissing, the cuddling, but have a listen, Oh my.
Speaker 6: God, when i'm talking, you're not talking. No, when I'm talking, you're not talking. This is why, yes, we'll have to like just cut him out of the show. And that is called what's the word of the day, interrupting, interrupting, which could be a positive, it could be a negative, or it could be a correct assumption. Yes, I think that's what I'm children trying to get into the room.
Speaker 1: But you know, the whole point is because her children about to come in.
Speaker 6: The whole point is that will we interrupt each other all the time? Okay, I'm coming. Okay, So now that we cleared all of that up, I cleaned it up, give me a kiss just so I know that I'm.
Speaker 7: No then making out, just so you know.
Speaker 3: She's trying to become more likable again and more relatable for me. It pushed me the other way. I was like, I know, I hate this whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it had the desired response. I think what she was trying to do was to lean into this idea of I mean, man interrupting is quite clearly when a man interrupts a woman, whether that is a negative thing, and what she said is a negative or a positive. He was positively trying to say she was doing a good job, but he was interrupting her when she was trying to speak. So what they're trying to establish there is being like, well, she was putting down clear boundaries around not wanting to be interrupted and wanting to have her own voice and speak for herself.
Speaker 1: Correct our dysfunction, I.
Speaker 2: Love that too, which like, yes, everything needs a term, and this is fantastic, correct our dysfunction being being.
Speaker 7: A correct ole dysfunction but words.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I guess the same thing is like when a man is man'splaining a situation that doesn't need to be explained, but they feel as though the need that they should be adding to the conversation. My only thing that I come back and I know that I keep playing Devil's advocate around this fight and around this small bit of audio, because I did find it fascinating seeing the negative sides to someone's relationship. Is that I can only assume for a very long time, she probably played second fiddle to his success. I'm sure that every time they're on a red carpet, every time they go anywhere. I mean, he starting over eighty movies or eighty TV series, like he is a true movie star. You would be a little bit in the shadows of that success for a really long time. And I guess like this is something that she probably feels really proud of or really excited about. Maybe the reality TV show is something that was her idea, and I guess as much as everyone's saying like, oh, but it's also he's in it and it's his thing as well. I feel as though it could be a situation where maybe she's like, I want to talk about this, and then she's you know, they're being interrupted. Feels so much more purposeful when it's like, but I've always let you have your moment to shine.
Speaker 1: I want to have my moment.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I get the impression it was the icing on the cake. I think there's been a lot of other things going on behind closed doors. You know, when you've been like bickering with a partner for a while and then they do one little thing and you'll lose it.
Speaker 7: I reckon that was his icing on the cake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's something very different about a public berating versus a conversation behind closed doors.
Speaker 7: On something as well, Like you know that this is going to go viral.
Speaker 3: You are on camera on a red carpet having an argument as a couple.
Speaker 7: You know it's and maybe that's what they want. Maybe this is all part of just drumming up some more publicity.
Speaker 2: I don't know now, I know we've been talking a lot about Alec Baldwin. But hear me out with the link here Tina Fay. So, Tina Fey was the coast of Alec on Thirty Rocks. She's also been a coaster on Saturday Night Live. They have done much work together.
Speaker 7: This is how we're finding our segue to the next conversation.
Speaker 1: Well because I found this very interesting.
Speaker 2: Also, So, Tina Fey was recently on Amy Poehler's podcast The Good Hang. What Tina shared is that she has a real issue when rich celebrities start additional businesses that are outside their main sphere of focus. Say when like a George Clooney starts it to kill a brand, or a Rihanna starts fenty. When really, really stupidly rich and successful people, namely celebrities that already have so much influence over industries and over people, create new businesses and get richer off the back of it.
Speaker 11: I have a problem with rich people having a side hustle. Yeah you mean like a podcast. No, this as you're doing work. I'm saying, if you if you sold, like, where would my line be?
Speaker 7: For you, where would I draw the line.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know what you mean, like if I had a if I had a rose, if you yeah, you.
Speaker 11: Know, if you already have like two hundred million dollars and you're.
Speaker 7: Like, also, oh, I need you to but.
Speaker 11: Tina, that is this is where you have to learn from gen Z.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, and we have to.
Speaker 11: They don't care, they don't, they don't.
Speaker 7: They don't judge it.
Speaker 6: It well, get you should start because this is the thing that you have to have a million, you have to have glasses.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well I have my line of children's medications.
Speaker 3: I personally hate it. I have said, and I have sent messages to you guys over the last year or two. When people in the public eye, not people like in Australian public eye, I'm talking like Hollywood celebrities, when they come out with a new business that's completely unrelated to anything else, it makes me mad. I've sent it to you guys, and I'm like, why are they doing that? And the reason I say this is, of course, anyone can do whatever they want. Of course, you can have an interest in anything. You can go into multiple lanes. It's not about that.
Speaker 7: But when people that are.
Speaker 3: Worth literally hundreds of millions of dollars and not exaggerating some of them. Billions of dollars are starting businesses in every single industry. You can imagine alcohol, a haircare, some clothing, makeup, whatever, skincare. Every second person has a skincare brand. That makes me upset because there are so many little people everyday, people that are grinding in their businesses, their passion approaches, they're trying to make ends meet, and these people who literally do not need another dollar in the world, they could retire every person in their family, start taking that away and it impacts.
Speaker 7: The little businesses. It's when it makes me really angry.
Speaker 3: And I'm talking about the level of people, not just wealthy people, because wealth is subjective now and it takes a lot more to live and retire now than it would have ten and twenty years ago. But I'm talking about the filthy rich people that don't have a care in the world and could literally retire tomorrow. They're the people that ap pisces me of.
Speaker 2: I have duplicious feelings about this because on one hand, yes, I agree with what you're saying, like the rich get richer, and that seems to be a very unfair fact of the world. However, we have forever had celebrity endorsed products, campaigns brands. It's how most brands over time have been able to advertise whatever it is, the new products that they have coming out. And so I guess for me, I'm like, is there a huge difference between a celebrity endorsed brand and you know, paying someone to be the face of a new beautiful perfume or to be the face of a new genes that's been launched, you know, but Levi Jeans or whatever, versus a celebrity who is getting a ongoing commission because they've partnered with a manufacturing company and they've created their own brand. I actually don't know if I see them that differently. And I kind of found it funny that this came from Tina Fay, because Tina Fey has recently been the face of a credit card company doing ads online And I'm like, oh, hold on, but then aren't you stepping outside your box of acting to do ads to create more wealth? When I would dare say that Tina Fey is doing pretty fine. I mean, she did say in this interview that she just wants to make enough money to live. I would question if Tina Fey doesn't have enough money to just get by and live, like, something's going wrong in the American acting world.
Speaker 7: I mean, yes, it is.
Speaker 3: Something is gone going drastically wrong with American acting. Well, a lot of Hollywood don't earn what you think they earn. And we remember Rebel Wilson telling us that she earned three thousand dollars for Bridesmaids, three thousand dollars and she had to register with the Acting Association with that money.
Speaker 7: She made nothing.
Speaker 3: So there is definitely the like zero point five percent of Hollywood that earned that really good cash. But I see it very differently, Laura to that. And let me tell you why. If you lend your face to a brand and you get paid like these actors do, if you're gonna be the face of Levi's, you might get I'm just gonna pull a number out right, one hundred thousand dollars, five hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars are getting millions.
Speaker 3: Depends on your level, But I'm just picking a number for an example. Even if you got paid a million dollars, I think Kylie Jenner gets a million dollars a post. Apparently Alec Earl is in the news at the moment.
Speaker 1: For Jim Shark.
Speaker 5: They've canceled her contract with them and she's suing them saying that they owe her millions. So, yeah, people are making million dollar deals.
Speaker 7: This is the difference.
Speaker 3: You have endorsed a product that you love, You've given your face to them. You are making a million dollar but you have made that business. For example, Jim Shark. Jim Shark started from a five hundred dollar loan in his mum's house, literally in his bedroom. He is a self made billionaire.
Speaker 7: So now this.
Speaker 3: Person is getting paid a million dollars, but they have made a small what was once a small business money. I'm going to give you an example of when somebody that's already filthy rich makes more money than you could possibly need and then continues to start businesses and take from other people. And I'm going to use Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds as an example. Ryan Reynolds was already in the top five highest paid actors in the world. Then he started his alcohol brand. His alcohol brand sold for eight hundred and forty five million dollars. So you're already the richest person in Hollywood. You start a brand, you make nearly a billion dollars. Then after that, you guys then go and start another company for non alcoholic beverages. So you're going to take Now, you're going to take business from all the little people out there that are literally try yeah. And it's those kinds of things things that really start to piss me off because I'm like, you are just being greedy. You've already touched in alcohol when you don't need another dollar. You've sold that. Now you're going to go into another angle. They've got so many other businesses on the side, which I get. I think it's amazing if it's something that you are really passionate about Ryan Reynolds buying Rexam Football Club, amazing, you have an interest in it, you're so passionate about it. We love to see that he's done so much good for them. But the constantly putting your fingers in every other pie, taking from other small businesses for zero reason is what really starts to grind me.
Speaker 5: There are a lot of celebrities that own alcohol brands that don't drink, yeah, Like they're non drinkers.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, that doesn't make sense. It's a bit strange. Isn't it but that one.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, I would love to know examples of that because, like I would say, so, I guess the reason why I'm kind of and don't get me wrong, I do absolutely think that there's limitations to it. But I also do see some companies that have become behemoth companies because the consumers love the products that are being created, not just because it has been backed by a celebrity, but because the products filled the gap and were fantastic. For example, Skims, it's a billion dollar business. Kim Kardashian started it. Obviously they were already so ridiculously successful. But I would say that the outward perception of Skims is that they provide products that have been really well received by the market and something that people have really desired, which is like the seamless shape, where the other thing as well. Fenti Beauty, which is by Rihanna, is also a billion dollar business.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: She makes more money through her makeup label than what she ever did through music. The reason why it became so popular is because she wanted to create makeup and foundations that suited so many different skin shades, because she found that for herself, they just weren't the right foundations for her color skin or for people who had darker skin. So I think in these instances, I'm like, the products are so good. There was a gap in the market, or maybe there wasn't a gap, but at least they were able to make it so accessible through their celebrity ism. And then I think, Okay, Well, if it is, for example, that Rihanna is over music or she doesn't want to do acting, is it not okay for her to switch lanes and become a businesswoman or an entrepreneur? Like when is it okay for us to say, well, that person can have an extra business, that person can't.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you aligne.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you when Kylie Jenner billionaire. Everything you've done amazing. You've got your skincare range, you're passionate about that. That's incredible.
Speaker 7: Don't care.
Speaker 3: You found your niche and you found your billion dollars. You then start a clothing company. There's a little ossy designer brand. I shouldn't say that little. It's called Johansson Official. That's the Instagram but the label's called just Johanson. One hundred and seventy five thousand followers. I've bought from her before. She does quite small collections, but she has very signature collections, Like she's got this one dress that's like lace and a twist and it's very much her thing, and Kylie Jenna has been accused of ripping off that entire collection with her own label KI. Now, Kylie was already a billionaire. You've already got your niche and your passion. If you really felt the need to go and make another billion dollars from a clothing company, at least be original. But this is where my issue comes in that you are taking from these small people that are just grinding that.
Speaker 1: As I think, like completely unethical.
Speaker 7: It happens all the time.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, if it fills a gap, if the products are great, and if it's not impeding on another business in terms of taking their ip or their designs, then I'm like, well, great, that's entrepreneurship, and like I kind of love that in person. But on the flip side to it, if it's not entrepreneurship and you're just doing it because it's a money making scheme and you're simply creating another business and ripping off someone's designs, I feel like that's a deeply different conversation.
Speaker 7: Again, I disagree.
Speaker 3: I don't have a problem with somebody starting a business for money that they're not passionate about. I think there's loads of people that see a niche industry and they're like, hey, I see a gap. There might not be what I dreamt of doing when I'm growing up, but I'm going to capitalize on that market. I think that's intelligent. I think it's brilliant. You don't have to have the passion in my eyes, to want to make the money. But my problem is just when people are doing it that don't need the money anymore, and that's when it takes away from it, when you're putting your fingers in multiple pies. But like, you're not talking about local Australian people that you know. There's loads of people that have great jobs in this industry in Australia in media and that are starting alcohol and perfume and clothing and I don't have any issues with that. I think that is brilliant. I'm talking about the megadog celebrities. This is who my issue lies with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, how many hundreds of millions do you need to have in order to be satisfied with the income that you've already got. I guess, like I mean, it's very interesting. I would say that there are very few mega celebrities who do not have additional businesses anymore. It kind of is part and parcel with having this incredible following and having like all of the eyes on you as a celebrity. It's almost as though people realize, instead of endorsing other people's brands, I'm going to put my influence behind my own brand, behind my own thing, because you know, music has an expiration date. Being a actor has an expiration date. Yes, you may get royalties, but you're never going to be the level of income and fame that you once were. And so a lot of these businesses, simply because of the size of the notoriety of the celebrity, the businesses themselves become ten times more successful than what they ever were in being or whatever it was that it was their original chosen career. Some other examples of this is Selena Gomez with Rare Beauty, Scarlett Johansson the Outset, Lady Gaga with House Labs, and then even Ariana. She's monetized and capitalized on the Wicked brand and she's got arim Beauty and God is a Woman, and she's got so many wicked style products, which all kind of you know, obviously she'd have to pay some royalties to have the branding, but it all goes back into Ariana's brand that she has. I think it's so rare for celebrities to not have businesses, and that's why the take of Tina Fey is something that's very interesting. And that's because it's almost as though she is the outlier. She's one of the few celebrities that have huge profiles that don't have these extra businesses that don't sit within like a creative field, and she's kind of calling it out for the little people. And I think that's why so many people have listened to this and really resonated with it.
Speaker 5: The only last thing that I want to say is that I wonder how much it has to do with finances and how much it has to do with ego and relevance.
Speaker 4: Like traditionally we used to say, particularly.
Speaker 1: For you know, women in media, like in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Spaces, that they kind of fade off into obscurity, Whereas I guess if they have a business that is thriving and you know, we talk about this with sports people.
Speaker 4: When they come to the end of their careers and they're about to retire, a lot.
Speaker 5: Of them start businesses so that they have something that they can continue doing after their playing career is over. And maybe this is kind of the Hollywood. I don't know, Like I kind of sit in the middle of these two things. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I think I feel like it's very late stage capitalism on steroids.
Speaker 1: But what are their options?
Speaker 5: Are their options to just continue doing this creative work where retire, like but like in a society that is like, you know, we are so quick to tell women that they're not relevant anymore and like move aside, you're not doing anything fresh.
Speaker 4: Maybe this is the kind of the antidote to that. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I know, I agree. I think there's a huge part of it that it is about relevance as well, and also.
Speaker 1: And reinventing yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but not even inventing yourself, but also particularly for women, I will say women women do always feel like they have to prove themselves, like, look, I am a successful business woman as well. I can do this, I can grind and I know I've gone hard down one avenue. But I'm also hyper aware that we truly don't understand how much money some people make. And I don't mean positively, I mean on the lower end. I think a lot of us think there's a lot of celebrities that make a lot of money that don't. And I say that because we've had Lily Allen say, you know, she makes more money on only fans, and she does on some of her music or all of her music. I know another singer again that I'm not going to name, that had huge songs and he's told me personally he has not made anywhere near enough money from it. He definitely cannot live off it. He still sometimes lives month to month. But from the outset, we would be looking at that thinking that those people were loaded. But we don't quite understand the music industry or the entertainment industry to the level we do. So I do want to say that I think there are a lot of people we think have made more money that would be starting businesses because they don't actually have their conceit income coming in.
Speaker 7: So benefit of the doubt for those people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I guess, like the only thing that I'd like to wrap this with is that I don't think that all celebrity businesses are built the same. I think that there are absolutely some celebrity businesses where it is a money grab. They clearly don't have investment in the product, the time, the entrepreneurship, or any of the actual workings that it requires to run a business. They've just lept their name on something and they are reaping the rewards while everyone else is doing the work, and they're also pushing out the little guys and doing so. But there are also celebrity businesses where the interest of that celebrity has pivoted and they are deeply entrenched in their business. They care about it greatly, and it is their true passion that they have moved into. And I don't think that we should discredit those celebrities simply because they already had a huge following. If they're creating products or they're creating businesses that are wan a passion and also creating thousands and thousands of jobs for individuals wherever it is that their business is placed, and also creating products that people I do want to purchase, not just from a consumerism perspective, but because it fills a gap or a need that people actually require. All right, guys, well it is time for our suck and our sweet over the week, our highlight in our low light of each and every week.
Speaker 1: Brittany, I already know your suck. I'm not even to have an unregistered car and.
Speaker 3: A three and a half thousand dollars bill and I need to go home and try and take my plates off.
Speaker 7: Don't even know how I'm going to do that.
Speaker 1: Did you get Kish's drill? Did that happens?
Speaker 7: She brought it for me today.
Speaker 1: Yet I hope that should be my vibe this week.
Speaker 7: You find it before? Have I yeap you one hundred percent of.
Speaker 2: Five electric drills? They're worth the seventy dollars you need to have one. Every single person needs to have one.
Speaker 3: And my suite is just the fact that Delilary is back one hundred percent on track and she's happy and healthy and still really cuddly. So I had a really easy suck and sweet. The suck was a fucking suck of the year. So yeah, but that was my sweet?
Speaker 1: What about you? My suck for the week is that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I know I already told you about dummy Fairy was very emotional. My suck is that Matt left at the same time that this happens, so like all of the hard parenting stuff this year, he's just kind of managed to boycott. Like also being away for five weeks overseas super convenient good for him. I mean, does he do these kids even have a dad who knows who lady does my registration. So that's my stuck, is like having to do the heavy load of the night times without him. He comes home tomorrow and my suite for the week is, actually I have a couple of sweets.
Speaker 7: But just one. We're running out of time. Just malboys outside waiting to coming.
Speaker 2: What she is hijazz? So my suite is that we went away on the weekend to the Gold Coast. But my actual suite is that we've opened our Tony May shop in Bondi, and I am like, I am so excited. We have been on the wait list for this store for seven years. I'll tell you guys more about it next week after we have our big opening and everything that's happening on Thursday.
Speaker 3: But I accidentally ruined on social media by posting early, and I didn't know I was not supposed to post it.
Speaker 2: It's exactly what happened, but it feels like it feels like a huge achievement to have this second store, and it's really sad about it.
Speaker 3: That's my I am too, so much more convenient for me to just pop on down now and still some jewely.
Speaker 7: It takes some jury, guys.
Speaker 3: Give us a follow on Instagram Life on Cut podcast if you have never left us a review. If it's positive, please go and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts as well or Spotify either one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can join the comments on Spotify two if you listen to the episodes, you can always leave comments after you listen.
Speaker 7: Yep, don't forget so Mum to your Dottoe dot to your friends, and chanderlove because we love love.