Speaker 1: Christ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast showtime.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they're going to see me picking my nose.
Speaker 1: Right now, termite, So listen to show and going.
Speaker 2: Oh, Christian O'Connell Show Gold one O four pine three.
Speaker 1: So she doesn't like that click, and poor Patsy is actually off sick today and she's going to think I've deliberately done that on purpose. That is not a good start for team morale on the show this year.
Speaker 3: I actually forgot about that audio. Now that we've been reminded, I feel like we'll hear it every day. Another thing that's bad for tem morale on the shows. I've already been accused from lying seeing you guys for five minutes, and you're calling me a life of something that truly happened to me yesterday.
Speaker 1: That was amazing, something which as we're about to share on air now, I'm sure it does strike me as something that teenage stoners used to do it to to get into the local pace, going to make some money where they go. Look, we found the face of our savior Jesus Christ in this toasty.
Speaker 3: Why would I need to make up a story to it?
Speaker 1: I don't know we've been off for six weeks. You're thinking I need to come back with some gold. I've got some cock and ball story about a magical piece of toast.
Speaker 3: I had toast this is the year we're up.
Speaker 1: Against Carl and JACKI. Oh, they're going to have like one hundred hot air balloons up there every day.
Speaker 3: I implore you to have an open mind about this story. This one hundred percent happened to me yesterday.
Speaker 1: I reckon, this is why Patsy saw the email where you said this has happened and was like, do you know what I miss out Monday. I'll come back Wednesday when they've got through some of the crappy stuff and we're into the actual, the guts of the show.
Speaker 3: I made toasts yesterday that popped so high that it came out of the toaster and landed face up on top of the toaster.
Speaker 1: Why is the thing that you're actually telling anyone else about there? Right outside of the you might tell you why we go, Hey, this is a mild interest thing. Why is it you think it's we start the year with that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I was going to bring in a photo, but then I thought you could easily doctor that photo I could have just laid a piece of toast on top of the toast, but I am. I just asking you to believe me.
Speaker 1: And what is it you found so incredible about it that it pops so high?
Speaker 3: I've made toaster every day for the last thirty six years.
Speaker 1: Every day you came out of the womb and they were like, love to just meet me, Jack? It went, excuse me? Is that a toast? You need to get to work? This is why I've come here to earn the school to use a toaster every day? Listens for thirty six years? I eat thirty six years a toaster? What a movie every year? Yeah? Ye, It's always not the same day generally. The foeh, I have toasted every day? Are we recording a podcast now? And then we start the show maybe tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I've toasted every day and that's never happened before. What's different in the mechanics of the toaster? How's it getting strong?
Speaker 1: How? How is this happening? And one botany how is this the first thing you hear from us this year? Anyway? We're back, Good morning.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: So, Jack, how was your family so second Christmas? With baby Gordon.
Speaker 3: Yes, the first one where he kind of understood that there was something going on. The first year he was a blob still but it doesn't still really understand Sanda's coming. And the present sat under the trees for weeks before, and he didn't try to tear them open.
Speaker 1: So we should just point out he's not yet too He sounds like you've got a slow kid or something. He's nineteen, remember coming, He's got to get it at some point. He's still not walking properly, so he isn't yet too, No.
Speaker 3: But I we still had fun on the day and he can tell that there was like I do.
Speaker 1: I know you'd like to save money, so you wait until he fully understands Christmashfore you'll spend over a total of one hundred dollars on you love this.
Speaker 3: Actually I spent about I think I spent twelve dollars on his gift. He had other gifts, but.
Speaker 1: I was joking to make a point twelve what do you get for twelve bucks?
Speaker 3: And it was the best present that he's had and he still loves it, still carries it around, Yes, every day. What was online? I bought him? His favorite animal is a cow, and I bought him fifty cow stickers and he keeps them in a box.
Speaker 1: That's actually cool, he likes. I've this scenario is in a future therapy session, what I thought you were going to say, you've got fifty small cows, because there can't be more than like ten cents with some small one from a servo or something like that. One up shot, fifty stickers I know you like, and you know what one thing you like. I've got some stickers of.
Speaker 3: It and he carries it around every day and he takes the stickers out. Doesn't even up to the stage where you can peel the sticker and stick it on something.
Speaker 1: Just simply put, he's not like he's not like preschool and nursery yet, is he.
Speaker 3: No, he's also started daycare this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't take those stickers because people pick on a kid like that and go. And that's that's not the cowstickers. You need to get him some proper cows. Twelve bucks is that all? He got some cow.
Speaker 3: Sign And he got real gifts as well from you know, from Bianca and me as a collective sand and probably chipped in.
Speaker 1: And is that what you called Mum and dad it's from the post collective appearance, otherwise knowing it commonly more commonly known as as your parents. And so what was he getting up early on Christmas Day? Nah, you've got that to come because even though my kids now seventeen and nineteen, the wonderful thing where I was like, they still love the magic of Christmas. No Christmas Eve, they were still having the same conversation with my wife and I, the collective that has been going on since they were little kids, where they were like, what, what's the earliest time we can get out tomorrow? Can we get up at seven?
Speaker 3: What was the rule at your house that was a six am? We were allowed up six thirty.
Speaker 1: Ours was six thirty. But you never stocked it because you can hear them like scurrying around, and they're like they're in each other's bedrooms and they start jumping on the bed and they make so much noise you're awake. There's no point lying there. So yeah, even at seventeen and nineteen, and obviously because I've got two daughters, the first thing they did the night before I noticed on Christmas Eve is they count each other's presence to make sure there's an equal amount I went, can't still be doing this? You're seventeen. One of you doesn't even live at home anymore. Now, cheapiness that we might give one of you one more present than the other.
Speaker 3: One, especially because how many presidents did you and Sarah get back from them?
Speaker 1: No? I did, I got I got a gift that. I don't know who they think I am, But you ever see me use a Handbois Drives? Is this how odd they think I'm that you get this from out the.
Speaker 2: Auntie the Christian Connell Show podcast?
Speaker 1: What's this I saying? On the new sort of TV that we have in the studio here about the headline is commoner becomes Queen. This whiffs of some Australian desperate coattail grab at the royal family. No, well, perhaps he was here, she'd be punching in the throat right now. But I'm just saying the headline on Channel seven is commoner becomes Queen, which feels like some new sort of reality show like the Farmer Wants a wife, the common old becomes Queen.
Speaker 3: We were all very excited about twenty years ago, I reckon when the Prince of Denmark came to Australia on holiday and he fell in love with a girl from Tasmania called Mary Oh.
Speaker 1: Sort of tourist thing where they were saying, you can have some land here if you get warm them up the dove.
Speaker 3: He took her back to Denmark to become princess. We kind of forgot about her for a bit, and now she's becoming queen. I guess, so queen of what Denmark? She's a queen of Denmark. So what's happened last twenty years?
Speaker 1: She's been at some sort of special finishing school because she's Tasmani and goes Shane, ready she can lead another lease another eighteen years? King, they've been uncommon in her, or what's she been up to for the last twenty years? Or they're wait for someone to die. I think they're waiting for something, right, So they saw what happened with old King Charles and that were like, let's speed up the process. And of course not saying anything dodgy happened whatsoever. Last thing we want to do is start the here with her lipel threat. This is great new so common up becomes queen.
Speaker 3: The first radio show I ever worked on was in Adelaide, and this is just shows that Ustralian radio will put anybody on air. The host of the show was a lady who was Princess Mary's bride'smaid and that was her claim to fame.
Speaker 1: And she's on radio.
Speaker 3: She gave her a breakfast radio show.
Speaker 1: A country or what an Australian radio scene there is. So you now have royal family, you have a royal Australian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she doesn't have anything to do with Australia anymore except for like she came from.
Speaker 1: They'd be desperate to get her back over now because obviously, judging by the news here, this is very very big news. I've seen all the five six seasons of The Crown it finished last week and no mention of this sort of part of their family.
Speaker 3: But now that this is the last English one, maybe they'll do Dead March.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe Christian Connell's show podcast. No.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people in Melbourne. They wait until next week or even the week after to return back to work. The kids are stood off for another couple of weeks. However, if you are heading to work right now, if you are at work right now, Workers of Australia unite. Every single worker that calls the show this morning wins a prize nine four one four one oh four three Jack. What goodies are waiting for them?
Speaker 3: They can win two prizes this morning special ones back strong for twenty four. As usual, we have the knock on mugs, which are specialized mugs only for this segment. I'm knocking on with the Chrish O'Connell shirt says on the front.
Speaker 1: And again they're only for this segment, and they say they're on there only for this segment. The great thing about them is is that we ordered them about what fifteen months ago, while they saw not here in a new year. Kaitlin Harpurducer went, and I've been assured they're on their way. She goes, it's the middle of January. We ordered him in November. They were designed in October.
Speaker 3: She said, I've written this slogan down that will be on the front. Because they're not here yet. You can read the slogan.
Speaker 1: Sure they are on their way. Denmark have new royalty. How can we not have the mugs but anywhere they're on their way?
Speaker 3: What else is on its way? Spinal ease pillows forty Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, nothing says happening crowd if you're new to the show. You're in with the in crowd. Spinally, basically, get ready for death now people.
Speaker 3: Some people love the memory phone pillows. I'm not a big fan of memory phone.
Speaker 1: My I love a memory phone.
Speaker 3: No, people love it, people love it. I just think it sinks too slow for me.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it sinks to the contour of you. It sinks only in a post neck way. Have you tried one.
Speaker 3: I've tried one and didn't. I didn't try spinal lease.
Speaker 1: To be fair, okay, that's not saying there's fizzy drinks and then saying have you tried Coca cola? So once more, these are the cram to the cram we.
Speaker 3: Gotta We got a memory foam pillow set ones that had little gels in it almost looked like the bubble wrap plastic we run things in.
Speaker 1: It's a solid block.
Speaker 3: No, there's something then the solid blocks underneath and the little gelsen went to have cool water in there to cool your head. I hated those. There were the most expensive pills we ever bought.
Speaker 1: That's why, my friend, there's only one pedow you have, and it's the spinal ease. It makes you feel like that The team had been ringing three last couple weeks. We've got no mugs, but we have got the spinal least did you win them?
Speaker 3: Have we also doing the borderly Wine.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're back and if you're back at work today, give us a call. Workers of Melbourne, U night, give us a call. Every worker wins a prize. You can win one of our exclusive mugs or and and all and smash all a spinal lease pillow. Sleep well, thanks for the Christian O'Connell show. Not a slogan nine four one four one oh four three. Brianna, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Brianna. Did you have a nice summer and Christmas?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 2: It was lovely?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Awesome? Now what can we get? Do you fancy the mugs? Do you fancy the pillow? Do you want both? Look? I'd love the.
Speaker 5: Pillow, although I don't know how much sleep I'm going to be getting over the next so a couple of years years probably the tur Babe number three under the edge of three.
Speaker 1: So three under three?
Speaker 3: How does the work?
Speaker 1: Our business? Actually not our business?
Speaker 5: One's about to turn three tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so are you expecting the third one at the moment we're not the moment, but very soon imminently.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well the next few months yep.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: And what do you do?
Speaker 1: Where are you at work? Banna? What does work for you?
Speaker 5: What do you do currently? Working in admin for Victoria Police?
Speaker 1: So you're a police officer? I am so I see it. And so does it reach a certain point with the pregnancy where they go you can't be out in the street chasing down perps anymore. And rugby, we need you behind the desk. Okay, cambriann are we spoken about this? You can't be doing this too many are getting the work. Watersn't broken, he's getting away. We've lost mister big.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly right. So just in the opposite of the moment.
Speaker 1: And how are you sleeping the moment? I know where the hot Well, it hasn't been boiling hot, but when it has been hot for the last couple of days, how are you sleeping at the moments? You must been moret the third trimester, Yeah, not too bad.
Speaker 5: Look, you know, in a monst getting up in the night for the other two babies, and in the hot weather, you know, there's a bit of broken sleep. But can I complain too much?
Speaker 1: God? Yeah, okay, I'll tell you what we're We're sending the pillow and we say the monks, okay.
Speaker 5: Beautiful, that'd be lovely. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: All right, and good luck, Brianna. Thank you, love your talk. You have a good day, Andrew, good morning. Hello, Hello Andrew. And what do you do mate? Your work? Right now? You're on your way?
Speaker 7: Yes, you have been working about half an Now we do hot softy and roof access means installing some gear that the window coiners hang off.
Speaker 1: So you are then with them? Are you on the ground just handing the ropes and the man up there with them? Wow? We and what are you cleaning this week?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, we're not cleaning were we're doing the install for what they hang off to lud to do the cleaning.
Speaker 3: Spoke, you don't get the guy do in the installment.
Speaker 1: I forgot what the process is. Stick to trust the process. That's what we're always saying, the window cleaning game.
Speaker 7: Yep, yep. So yes, we get up there and I suppose I have to trust us for there with what we're doing.
Speaker 1: And yeah, suppose they do. That's the key word there. I like saying a bit more stronger than I suppose.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, that's right, definitely.
Speaker 1: And maybe they'll be callding a radio. I know.
Speaker 7: I'm just not, especially when you're seventy seven stories up.
Speaker 1: Wow we all right, Well listen, let's wrap this up. Andrew, Andrew, do you want the pillow in the mug? My friend?
Speaker 7: I would love the mugropose?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? All right, Andrew, have a good day you too.
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 1: By now, John, good morning. There we go. We're bank so called him. Someone's staring at the sun or something. John Almost we'll come back to Johnny boy. It's great. Three back two out of three, two out of three. That's a new hit rate for us. It already come back stronger than last year when it was only one out of three. I try.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christian O'carls Show podcast.
Speaker 1: If you're at work or on your way into work, we have prices for you knock on Monday mugs and we have spinal Lee's pillows nine four one four one O four three. If you're at work and they don't know you're making calls, you can also text them as well. Oh four seventy five O three one O four three Peter, Good morning Peter.
Speaker 4: Good morning team, here do you do? Happy New Year to you all.
Speaker 1: Do Peter, Happy New Year. I hope you haven't a great summer. You had a great Christmas with you and your family.
Speaker 6: Yes, we went to Adelaid and then dan Geelong for New Year, but we didn't have very good winther anyway we win.
Speaker 1: It was terrible. Yeah, you know we were. We were away last week up in Barron Bay for eight days. We have one day of sunshine long when he go and on the money to waste, So play scrabbling indoors with your kids. Luckily I had two packs of Unos, so everyone was laughing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm on the way to work. I started work last week, so I put damn floor covering.
Speaker 6: So I'm just abt to into the Xavier seeing your school and I've got a couple of.
Speaker 1: Areas they know you're coming. Or is it just go swimming in the holiday for free? Is it? Peter? Have we got all that nice postum equipment there?
Speaker 7: We grind some stuff off the floor and then we resurface.
Speaker 3: It, then.
Speaker 1: Get kicks you grind away. So that's all I said, I'm not judging, all right, So you laying your floor down there for the little kids. Charles Xavier is he the guy for the X Men in Melbourne? Finding the next generation of Supergose here, mate, I've been looking for six years. Commenter becomes queen. That's the big news today. Guys. Pizza you you're want the mug?
Speaker 7: I love the mark.
Speaker 4: That'd be great.
Speaker 1: What about all that day grinding. You're going to rest that neck afterwards, wouldn't it? Why not? All right, Peter, have a great day, happy grinding. Good on you boys, Thank you very much. Let's put that on the marks. Calling Matthew, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you, Christian?
Speaker 1: I'm good Matthew. And happy New Year.
Speaker 8: Happy New Year to yourselves.
Speaker 1: Guys. Now, Matthew, where are you? You're at work already, you're sounding chipper, you're sounding lively.
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm sitting at the Crown Parmen picking up tennis players to go to the Australian Open.
Speaker 1: Okay, So do you know who you pick up day to day or is there anyone who just gets in the in the back of the taxi.
Speaker 8: I'm in the bush in a mini basow.
Speaker 1: Lord, cheaper for them now he's out there by joker, I'm not laughing right now. I want to see your vaccination card as well.
Speaker 9: We got more stuff in the Melbourne Park up. I love to see it all in one big bus. Who's sitting on the back, choker, Joker back.
Speaker 1: In the back. So what's times to the place? Do you know which ones you're picking up this morning?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 8: I don't they you'll just come out whoever comes out.
Speaker 7: That's two guys.
Speaker 8: So there's no times.
Speaker 1: What times pick up seven o'clock here and.
Speaker 8: Then I've got to do about twelve trips well.
Speaker 1: Back and forth all day. Yes, So do you have to take the ones that have crashed out like pretty early? Do you have to take them back?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 8: It's quite funny.
Speaker 1: Actually you don't say how'd it go? Because they put your bloody obvious mate?
Speaker 7: No, here'd you go?
Speaker 8: And I go, I'm not cool. I go, well they're luck next year.
Speaker 1: That's friendly. That's friendly, that's nice. I said, we can do, Matthew, isn't it exactly?
Speaker 3: Tell you what?
Speaker 1: Why don't we chuck you? And actually a couple of spot in knees pillows and the next couple of day he says sell of them make a bit glab about crashing out early. Say, hey, listen, you haven't you haven't lost everything. I've got you a spy pillow. I'll give you five spine these pillows. Okay, so you can give away as you want this week, all right, just have them make your sleep with they're looking a bit.
Speaker 7: Miserable, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Thank you, all right, good work, Matthew, Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Thanks guys, have a good day.
Speaker 1: And we found John John John. We never leave a John down John Morning.
Speaker 11: All morning team.
Speaker 1: So John, I do understand you a tricky point your day right now? Are you trying to drop off somebody at the airport.
Speaker 12: I'm just that's all coming on.
Speaker 1: I've just sat home from dropping off my family this morning. All right, Okay. They didn't want to take you, not not just yet.
Speaker 5: They wanted a week without me.
Speaker 7: So I thought that's compromise, you know it is.
Speaker 1: John. It's like we holiday first, then you come near the end Oka, but please take us to Tolly Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's fair enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah where they all got must be nice? Oh how John, John? No, John, where are you going to when they let you come and join them? When you find them anyway, track them down, put me on their phones or something, find my iPhone, Find my family? Now, John, where do you were they off to DoD anywhere? Nice And there are five seats, pretty big place overseas. Yes, sure, maybe.
Speaker 3: Maybe John doesn't know the family doesn't want.
Speaker 1: Bene Where you going, John, you never asked. It was one of those like you didays. But oh you're a where they picture? Okay, when there's not going on it John, which Angel and Mark? Okay? Thanks according John, Actually it's we've not do it again. About to say this is a bit awkward. What has he got no neck?
Speaker 2: He's got no torso The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: As we're back and it's a Monday you'll miss We've heard lyrics back in an hour's time. In twenty minutes time. This is very, very exciting. Obviously, this city comes alive. The whole world is watching over the next couple of weeks for the Australian Open, and for the first time ever we have amazing tickets to go to the men's final and they could be won by any one of you. More on that in twenty minutes time. Before that, last week I was speaking to a guy and this guy's name, he had an amazing surname full name, Gary Surname Jackets. Yeah, I just I paused there, not by accident, but for a fact because right now I know every single one of you listening is going good. God you probably even swooped the car a bit there, but please stay and if you're operating heavy machinery, you heard right this guy Gary Surname Jackets. Straight away, I was thinking, I'd love to see who else can we get hold of today or even over this week, who has the surname that is clothing. So yesterday I put this up on our socials and one of you, Handley, used to work with a guy called this is might be one of the greatest names ever, Lenny Velvet. Any Velvet feels like an old sort of seventies showbiz star, doesn't he, Trevor Marmalade and Lenny Velvet, Lenny Velvet. Do you think we find anyone with the surname Cardroy? Yes, I know an improv The rule is yes. And but even though that was just yeah his first show back, all right, that break we have six weeks is clear to trying. I was trying to obviously went through. I can't say no. It's a bit early on the first hour just to go no, of course you're not. You're going to find Nicholas Cordroy. Are we online too?
Speaker 3: Exactly what happened? I thought we wouldn't, but I didn't want to be a plaque it, so I said yes. And then I tried to also think of a clothing surname that I knew, and the only one I could think of was a Tommy jacket. And you've done jacket.
Speaker 1: But there's there's there's room. Listen, there's there's room for more than one jacket.
Speaker 3: Tommy jacket and your brother Michael jacket to the mix.
Speaker 1: Okay, so already we're rocking. We've got three jacket's. No Cardroy yet, but we'll give it time. Christian. My driving instructure used to be called Keith Jobper. What's what do you call horsey? People wear them the pants they were jockeys.
Speaker 3: If those they're pointy pants?
Speaker 1: Is those?
Speaker 3: But you know how horse riders wear those pants that have.
Speaker 1: Funny questions wear them as well. They're like a what do you call the Jane jagging thing?
Speaker 3: But for for riders, what's the pointy bit?
Speaker 1: For jack once again, you've mistaken a movie for reality. That sea biscuit you're thinking about sea biscuits, I've not.
Speaker 3: Even seen sea biscuits.
Speaker 1: Let me you say some more I say some more words. Yeah, are you showing them that actually holding up a laptop?
Speaker 3: No, they don't have. I'm going to find the pointy pants you keep reading son.
Speaker 1: Okay, and google nitchrdroid just as it back to about that because it be a bloke on site called Dave Socks. I love Dave Socks. Of course there was a guy on site called Dave Socks. Christian. I once saw a guy on Facebook called Keith Towel, still my favorite name of her. Keith out is amazing. All right, clothing surnames? What have you got? Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what I was thinking of. There's no such thing as pointed you a question, right.
Speaker 1: Listen, we need to find out some sort of hand signal. You looked up there all excitedly. You had some gold me there like you found Terry Cardroy. I got excited, and I'm afraid you've let me down for the first time in twenty There'll be more to come. Okay, all right clothing surnames any more Jackets, do you know a Cardroy?
Speaker 2: Christian No Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: Already a strong contender for headline of the year. Commoner becomes Queen some insulting but amazing, I mean, master, just come and go. Bogan becomes Queen. What news one of us pebs. They become a member of the royal family. Commoner becomes Queen porta Mania. They're saying she's a commoner because she's from Tasmania.
Speaker 3: All Australians are commoners to.
Speaker 1: I think I think they see it's far worse than commoners. All right, so we're looking for if you've got a clothing surname, we learn to hear about it today on nine four one four one o four three. Christian, I have a dear friend whose name is and it's lovely to hear. Got dead friends, Chris, have a dear friend, you'd love them? Sally Hood? Oh great one, Yeah, Sally Hood's goodne it thanks Malcolm and Christian. I know a Nick shirt that's mister Shirts. It's a good kid's TV character. It comes mister shirt. I know a Nick shirt. He lives in Melbourne. Hopefully he's listening well, fingers crossed. Sam, that's great news what with Sally Hood and Nick shirt. Lisa's on the line here. Good morning, Lisa, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 12: Welcome back. It's lovely to hear you guys again.
Speaker 1: Blessure Lisia. It's a joy being back now, Lisa, I understand that you can decipher what Jack was mumbling about just now about pointy pants and old school riders horsey riders they call jockeys, that's it, jockeys.
Speaker 5: Jockeys there, they're question riders.
Speaker 8: Yes, pointy pants do like it, Jack.
Speaker 3: The juggers were were designed around there were larger hips in the bottom.
Speaker 5: Areas so that they could sit on the horse because if they were too tight, they couldn't sit on the horse.
Speaker 12: And especially the ladies used to outside settle.
Speaker 10: So when they went to riding astride, they needed room in the pants to sit.
Speaker 1: Got you.
Speaker 6: Nowadays, nowadays they have very stretching material when they do not need it.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, you've got spanks and span as I guess for those, and that's what they gave rays to the modern day actual history of the job. And I wasn't making that if you were onto something then too. We didn't care for but you heard it as well, Lisa.
Speaker 3: Bring it back, I say the flared here, yes, now, Lisa, how.
Speaker 1: Do you know all this? You work in riding.
Speaker 12: I've been in horses most of my life and.
Speaker 1: Sorry, let's at work a bit shout. Now, what do you mean you are a vet? No?
Speaker 12: No, no, just just a pleasure rider.
Speaker 6: But they were horses all my life.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not that lovely. You got something pleasing to ride, That's what I say, Lisa, Thank you, it's you got me. There's a hell of a phrase to drop this time, mored isn't it? Pleasure rider? Were lably won the phones? Now and we know if you have a call back in it's Lisa that pleasure rider's back. How many hands now? I don't know? Stand all right, Lisa, he said, that's going the show. You really made us laugh. Have a good day, Thank you, keep on and goodbye. We got a Glenda Coome morning. Good morning, Good morning, Glenda. So we're looking for people who have got clothing surnames.
Speaker 2: Alan Jeans, you know Allan Jeans.
Speaker 10: Well he's no longer with us, but he used to be a footballer for the Security Football Club and then he was a coach for Securita Football Club and a coach for the Hawthorne Football Club. Wow, and a coach and then he coached.
Speaker 7: Richmond as well.
Speaker 1: So this would have been in the VFL days. Yeah, it's a footy legend. Great, well add him to the mix. Thank you very much about linkers. Now, Glenda, have a good day.
Speaker 6: No, yeah you too, thanks a brighter.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christian o'carles show podcast.
Speaker 1: So it is day two of the amazing Australian Open right here in Melbourne or we have for the first time. I've on the show, very very excited about this. You heard in Phoebe's news half an hour ago. Extra ten thousand people just going yesterday. So I think you say this year is at the first year they're starting at day earlier than normal. So people love the Australian Open and it's a great day out. We have an amazing prize. These are two VIP courtside tickets too, the Australian Open Men's Final thanks to the Emirates, the Australian Open hits. Different tickets are on Salt now. These are amazing seats. Okay, Section eight were you know whenever we go chet we're always hoping it's section eight? Are we two? I won't do a seven or a nine between rows? What do we need to know of this? What does it even mean? Does anyone know what A to e? A to e? Are you still in entering these tickets? Do you want them or not? Nan?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 3: Does that mean you could be front row? But you might be row five.
Speaker 1: Eight section eight between rows A to e. And then it says here in Brackett's front five rows, front five rows, that's all we need to know, sick. And then because other people that make the show are commoners, they put here vulgarly talk about the money side of it, but it is six thousand dollars as such a bog thing actually needs six six kay say six k per ticket. And you get behind the scenes experience at the AH, including underground walk through and champions walk that's right, You hand the champion the prize, you get the merch pack, and then this this is the kicker here. I don't know what's happened here. This was not how I left this idea in December, but this is what we come back to. Afternoon tea bar a trim before you go to the final. But wait, it's a four of you. But Christian, you said these were two tickets. There are just two tickets, so uhbe just some people can take some photos of you. Let me, Jack and I go with you. We have it out of the free afternoon tea and then you guys go to sech No, don't worry about this, we'll watch on the old TV tonight. I got a bit early in the morning for the show. But this is a great prize, great prize. How are you doing it? We're calling it the longer serve? Can you hit a tennis ball from one side of the yarra to the other side of the era? That is it? It is seventy minutes, seventeen meters between you and the men's open at the Australian Open. So we have Rio has made two anthems here for the longer serve. His number one him me with your best save. Oh can you hear a really long soon.
Speaker 3: Yarra fyn away?
Speaker 1: Pretty good thoughts?
Speaker 3: He said, serve two one too many times?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's either you overserved. You overserve the serve there and also lame old sound effect that ball sound like I'd hit that not a pro here was that someone here at the station. Was it Huggy did this kick it or something? Try and torp it? And then we have this one.
Speaker 3: Can you serve over the yarrah?
Speaker 1: No, thank you, but you'd better not hit a canoe.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, when tickets to the final.
Speaker 1: But it all comes down to you.
Speaker 3: Christian, gotta whap this goddamn.
Speaker 2: Bar right down.
Speaker 3: That made it sound like it comes down to Christian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it kind of hitting it one and eighty times. And if I don't get it, whoever I hit it? Four wins. You hit the balls, okay? Nine four one four one o four three. It's the longer serve. Next Wednesday we are down at the yarraw with you. Who wants to come along? Who fancies haven't it?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 1: So the rules are it's just one shot. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it, but anyone can partake. Is that work?
Speaker 1: But you're not down on the day. People just wondering by. You're like, ok, going out.
Speaker 3: I thought it was that I love.
Speaker 1: When you go ahead. We can't have that shot, sorry either.
Speaker 3: It was an open book on the day. It's all like that.
Speaker 1: No, like chaos. Can't they have any old bozo? No, no, no, no. Friends of the show only hashtags friends with benefits. That's how one do you think about this show?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Give me a chance to go to the Australian Open Men's Final with our longer serve next Wednesday. We're live down at the Yarra boat Hoouse Drive and we're asking you to want to come along and see if you can clear the yarrow. It's seventy meters and if you can, then you often go and see the Swining Open, the Men's Final. It's an amazing price.
Speaker 3: Him me with your Messa.
Speaker 1: Can you hear a really longer seven? The fine way needs to be a big snap like a cannibal Balls of five Cannibal. Yeah, because you want someoneho's got an arm like a rocket. All right, who fancies go?
Speaker 12: Nine?
Speaker 1: Four one one four three? Good morning Doug, Good morning Christian Doug. So you think you're the person we're looking forward. You think you could clear the yarrow one shot?
Speaker 4: Well, I've certainly hit a ball a lot further than the arrow that I was manivorous at the time, and we were teaching sherper at about five thousand meters.
Speaker 1: So we're going to get loads of these calls this week one shirt. You know this is as a start of it, mate, how's it? Cat man? Dou what of it?
Speaker 4: It's while out of Catman do It's probably a two hundred pilometer flight to Lucla and in a couple of days walk to get up to that altitude, but not as much air up there, so you can hit a ball almost twice as far, but gravity still brings it down on the end. But of course they've hit it over the edge, then you've got a long way to go and get the ball.
Speaker 1: Dug all of you everything is saying sounds a jep, my friend, but listen, we've got to rewind how come you were you were doing this.
Speaker 4: The short version, I was doing more for my first wife at maunt Everest and ended up going back and teaching the national team in the par and starting a company called Tennis Trekking and we were teaching at remote schools and villagers all through the Humalayas.
Speaker 1: What an amazing thing to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we had a charity for secondhand rackets and balls and we gave them to all the schools and villagers.
Speaker 3: Stop hitting balls off Maunt Everest and you'll save a few.
Speaker 4: We were on the shoulder of Everest. The color of the tar. But yeah, the hardest thing was doing a photo shoot at minus thirty five degrees and getting changed. But apart from that, it was good fun.
Speaker 1: Putting those little skin tenn shots weather like that. You're going to get frozen balls, absolutely, I mean they've une lops obviously, And so do you think tell us this then done? Do you think that anyone will actually hit over seventy meters and clear the yarrow? Which is all we're going to do is get one shot?
Speaker 4: Yeah, one shot should do it. That you'll need the wind behind you, and it looks I sort of thought about it, and I thought it's going to be like Nick Perios doing the Happy Gilmore. It's gonna be an under around with a bit of a run up and whack it as hard as you can run up.
Speaker 1: I can see one of our lot going run up and in the yarrow. We've been told many times my council plans, but no one must end up in the yarrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you can't actually run when you're serving it on a real tin sword. That's against the rules.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad that they must have had a couple of chances in the early days of it. At Wimbledon, someone is running down from the back like peen Townshend doing a big windmill. Hey, hey, no, we're going to put some of the rules next you for this.
Speaker 4: Uh, I need that a lot of people break the rules. By having a lot of people make rules because they weren't, they're breaking the rules that weren't there exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're having it's a lot of breaking making. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, if it's a dry ball, it's going to sit up in the wind, So you really do want to tell when otherwise it's going to be it'll go close.
Speaker 1: Tell me how are we going to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it's seventy meters to be right on that edge meters plus is easy, but that extra bit is going to make it a bit tougher.
Speaker 1: Now tell me this, Doug. In terms of like making this, we want someone to win it. I want to clean it over. Are you saying that we should dry the balls first or have moist balls? Which is better for this?
Speaker 4: Look, moist balls trom getting wet. They're going to be heavier so they will travel further. Ye, but they've only got they've only got one hit, so it's going to be a good They've got to get onto it.
Speaker 3: And can we moisten them in the river or is that too much water?
Speaker 1: Nothing must be in that yarrow. We've him once. I don't get my balls in that year someone can bite it or something. All right, Doug, you've been very hellful my friend. Okay, thank you very much. This what's the name of your charity? Do you still do it?
Speaker 4: We still do. Tennis Trekking is the company tennis treking dot com. We still seeing stuff over the call.
Speaker 1: All right, Doug, thank you very much for recording and we might see you down the next week.
Speaker 4: Sure will Okay.
Speaker 1: Recognize him with all his shirpers and stuff like that. A lot of climbing gears, crampons on, climb on the boat hoouse, get down, Doug.
Speaker 2: Alright, you're listening to the Christian o'carls show podcast.
Speaker 1: Next week then we'll be heading down to the Yarra. What a price you've got amazing VIP courtside tickets to the Australian Open Men's Final thanks to Emirates worth over twelve thousand dollars. That's the tickets on the day though you get the behind the scenes experience at the Open, including the underground walk walk through that the champions will take part. You get march back, and you get afternoon tea for not just the two of you who are going VIP courtside, but bring along two hangars on if you want to take photos of your big moment, walk you to the edge of the Open. They must go home, they can't continue their journey. Do your own competition. Really with them, who's gonna come with you?
Speaker 3: I mean if they have twelve grand.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's what we do, and we're calling it the longest serf. Really be the person that can hit one tennis boy, you get one shot. Run ups are allowed and encouraged. Can you clear the yarra? It's seventeen meters?
Speaker 3: Can you save over the yarrah?
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear this tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But you'd better not hit a canoe last playing. Hey, hey, tickets to the finals. But it all comes down to you, Christian, I gotta wa this goddamn.
Speaker 2: Bar right now.
Speaker 3: We've noticed the same tennis.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course, now a couple of assurances no balls because obviously the argument lit the balls are going to go in the era out. We are clearing up after ourselves. Okay, no ball's going to be left in there. We totally respect that. Jack will genuinely in a inside. Have we got the boat yet?
Speaker 3: But we've got inflatable boat?
Speaker 1: What is he in it? We were we offer to Dan Anaconda like now we get a little dirigival or something. What's he in a canoe? Kayak? What's he in? Producericating he's in a speedboat? What speed boats? Yeah, you are.
Speaker 3: We need the speed to get to the balls are allowed.
Speaker 1: The speed boats on the Yarra.
Speaker 7: You were allowed.
Speaker 1: We got counsel approcess, the station got a speedboat from we have two five years. I've never heard of a speed boat, would you meant to? They're not branded up while they're like black thunder on the Yarra.
Speaker 3: No, for that is a great idea. I'm not driving. There's a driver for the speedboat.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you are not some old land lumber. They got scared the moment he goes you've got my license with my water wings.
Speaker 3: I'll be busy with the net picking the balls out of the river.
Speaker 1: In all, we do need nets for you, don't we like fishing nets or but they have trawler nets or stuff like that. Those North Sea documentaries.
Speaker 3: I watched nets like a pool clean, isn't it? I think?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That takes the leaves out of a backyard pool.
Speaker 1: You're going in. If you use that, they are wobbly. They've got that long whole ball I'm going and.
Speaker 3: If I'm trying to hold onto a troller shot callers.
Speaker 1: Now, if you've got a trailer's net, we can borrow. Next Wednesday, it's the twenty fourth, nine three. Anyway, where were we? That's it? Do you want to come down and give it a go? We've just found out we can have people coming down and cheering everybody who's going to be hitting the balls? Nine four one four one four three? Who wants to take part? Though? That's the big question this week? You get one shot? Can you hit? That's it? This clear your throat? One shot over the year. So good morning, Hi, hey guy, I'm good to better help them in And so you've had get rid of that flame. And see you've coming down next Wednesday and hitting the ball over the era? Yes I can? Can you can do it seventy meters?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 5: I think I can.
Speaker 1: Got a massive right arm or a massive left arm.
Speaker 6: A massive right arm.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you built that up life?
Speaker 6: Sorry?
Speaker 1: What one? Is it just just a gift? You've got a big old right arm on you have you, Sue? Yes, I have, yes, And you're good at tennis.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I've played tennis all my life. I used to play with Mark Filla Pooss in my junior years.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah yeah, how do you get on with the Poosh?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: He was my mixed partner in the.
Speaker 1: Shell Squad bloody House. You've got form suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I've played all my life until seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so tell us says, then right, I don't play tennis. So do you think someone will actually with just one go actually clear seventeen meters? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 12: Yes, they've got a big arm.
Speaker 1: Yes. Can you do now? Your old Popeye coming down? That's me.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it, that's your that's your hitting surday, Popeye. Sue. We'll see down there Wednesday, Sue, Okay, thank you. That's all right. You can see that arm from Google Earth. It's massive. Who are you going, Gary? Good morning, Gary Christian?
Speaker 11: How you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm good Gary? Now? Gary? You fancy coming down? Oh?
Speaker 4: My son?
Speaker 6: Who's got can and a right arm, and I reckon he can do it, because we're actually practiced this in the local park and he's cleared twice already.
Speaker 1: What do you mean the local park? You tried clearing the yarraw?
Speaker 7: No, no, I'm not the distance.
Speaker 6: He's already we marked out seventy murders.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: And why he went this is like some sort of if you build it, you're practicing in your bankyard, the local park.
Speaker 3: Dad's got the measuring head out.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, so your son obviously plays at the moment. Then how old is your son and what's his name?
Speaker 6: No, my son's My son's thirty. His name is Stephan's named after the great Stephan Edinburgh.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: And we've been playing tennis all our lives. We still played twice a week and they based the hell out of me every day because he started strong and quick for me nowadays.
Speaker 1: So he is he generally called Stepan after Stefan Edburg?
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Is he really called Stepan after Stephan Edburg? Yep?
Speaker 6: Certainly was.
Speaker 1: I love this. This is great. We've got to have stephann't coming down. So he's already in practice, right, he's already clearing seventy meters.
Speaker 6: Yep, with his racket and some new balls.
Speaker 3: The way we go is he doing a run up serve?
Speaker 6: He takes Steph four or five steps and then a big four hand.
Speaker 1: Okay, is amazing. Do you know I feel sorry for dog walkers in that park? What smashing balls from the other suburb just coming over houses. This is incredible. Well, listen, you've got to bring Stephan down.
Speaker 6: Fantastic, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please send us video this week of the next training session as well. I just want to see what that looks like local parks. All right, Gary, good luck, and we look forward to meeting you and Steph for next week. It's got a John here. Coome on in. John, Oh good, I here you going. I'm good John. So do you fancy coming down or are you bringing someone along?
Speaker 12: Definitely myself. So I pretended to be a baseball player for a long time, and I've probably played about six games of tennis in my life. No prep, no Man Everest for me, but you know I'll give it a crack.
Speaker 1: Well, do you know what the guy who dug who first spoke to us, you know, he's been training sherpas to hit them off Mount Everest. He said, this could be won by a kind of happy Gilmore, someone just rocking up on the day, a happy serve More. Well look, yeah no, John.
Speaker 2: Chris o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Also back with us today. Then I your misheard lyrics. Thank you very much. The show's obviously been on a very very brief break. I think only adds up to like nine hours. And uh, I know, and so I really do appreciate how a lot of you who still emailed you misshard lyrics through every single day. So thank you very much for that. All right, let's get into brand new misheard lyrics. It's just another misheard man day, Christian O'Connell's misheard lyrics. Every Monday, we play back your misheard lyrics. Else we play them back if we agree with what you think you're mishearing. You'll hear this. If we play back and we do not hear it, and if we're playing them back and then we love what we hear and it's a brilliant one. Yes, this Hall of Favor, the most recent hall of famous. Who got Daryl White, who sent us this one blind split ends my mistake, don't let them get the vaccilline? And this one from Glenn from the song Better in Tennessee by Brands Carmen Michael chewing cheer. Oh, I forgot about this one, cheering on my balls on listen. I'm just a messenger here, cheering on my balls on a Saturday.
Speaker 11: Night, cheering on the balls on a Saturday, say Siles, Hall of Favor.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, let's get the brand new ones on then New for twenty twenty four. Phil Tall, you're the voice, John Farnham. We're not going to sit in silence. We're not going to live with fear or is it? And no wonder this one spoke to the correspondent film. We're not going to sit in silence. We're not going to live with Phil. This is a classic on even classic in a hallow turf song, but that is We're not going to sit inside. We're not going to live with Phil. So many times yeah, Paul, Phil haul of Favor, first one of the year, Phil Tool, thank you very much. Thirteen year old Bonnie has seen a says one Christian. My mum insists on making us listen to Bob Dylan. I love Bob Dylan, but that's our hard thing to try and covert. A thirteen year.
Speaker 3: Old that's going to mum also a breeding graand for miss lyrics understand what he's saying at the best of times.
Speaker 1: I went to see Bob live once and I swear to God some of the ones that wasn't entirely sure which of his songs he was doing. The mumblem here anyway, went back to little thirteen year old Bonnie. My mom make is making Miss Bob dinner in the car and we were listening to Mister Tambourine Man when I heard this one, and I listened Bonnie, I reckon over this year, you're going to be sending us quite a few from Bob, so please send them in whenever you hear them. Anyway, from Mister Tambourine Man by Bob Dylan, cast A Dancing spell my Way, Yes you're dancing spill Mawi or is it cast a dance and spill my WII. Yes you're dancing spill maw.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Since the uh Phil has sent this one from Sam Sparrow Black and Gold, Black and Gold, Black and Gold. Some of the young ones on the team bopping around to that huh you see rio there. It was like moving like it's a hot new sound all right, triple J play that down the discothechies. Are they like or is it like a goat? Like a goat, it's more lacking gods lad happy served more that don't get any burd does it. But I'm sorry Danillo has this in excess. Kiss the dirt falling down the mountain, end up kissing dirt.
Speaker 2: Mountain?
Speaker 1: Or is it falling down the mountain end up kissing ducks.
Speaker 2: Mountain?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, give it to him, all right. And this one from Kathy Phil Calvin Harris. Do you mind if I steal a kiss? A kiss feels like I instead of catching up with some of these songs from mountaen years ago? Or is it? Do you mind if I steal a kid? Sir? Still the kids out? Yes? That is there? Why don't Kathy? Okay? As always, when you miss her your lyrics, you emailed me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot a you thank.
Speaker 2: You, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: So for our holiday this year, we we took her, took the teenagers to to bar and Bay and we're blessed with oll the eight days we had up there. And obviously it's really cheap to go this time of the him getting an airbnb. It's off it's off peak, you know, January and uh out the eight days seven days of rain.
Speaker 3: At least you get a lot of use out of the airb while with.
Speaker 1: Every room, kids sleep in any room. Dad's money's worth while we're up here lot half know. Oh, scramble again, half nine, one day, half nine, we're getting that scramble board open to play the board. One point I even went into two barring to find new board games and card games. And that for a seventeen and nineteen year old girl, that is that's what you want. You want to spend more time trapped indoors.
Speaker 3: It's practically school.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. But at Dad, at one point they went, this has taken us back to the dark days of lockdown. Glad we came away for this. My wife. My wife at one point actually started crying when they weren't there. She went, we don't know how many days we come with them, Chris, but we ain't ninety, just fifty Wrenning County down. So anyway, she goes, Chris, you need to go. You need to get on Google and work out things to do. And Byron, if it's rainy. It actually came up auto complete. I reckon every family out there was like things are there, and it was like, gonna Macadamia Castle, Maccademia Castle. We went there, been there loads of times when it's right package, What are you done with? The place is still good? All those Macadamias everywhere?
Speaker 3: What is Macadamy Castle?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Wow, I'll tell you what it is. It's Disneyland. If they did it better, that's what it is. Jack. Anyway, one of the things I decided to do on my Google search was one of these paint and pinos. Yes, it was so I thought we'd do one and it was Monaise lilies.
Speaker 3: Oh you had to paint a real piece of art. When we did cork and canvas, the one in South Membury, we painted a frog in the top hat.
Speaker 1: One small? Why not are you gonna do it? Why not have one of the great ones? Why not have a couple of drinks? I think I can pull off a Mona Lisa. Why not be clawed Mona? You give me a couple of glasses of wine in the afternoon. Frock you didn't want to.
Speaker 3: I still got.
Speaker 1: We were in the kids class or something that we were up in Byron Bay, my friend, we're doing Monai's lilies up there. The lady teaching it had very little interest in teaching people like me and my wife and are too really angrily bore teenagers trying that she's one of these just out of teens, you know, twenty twenty one when they span come out lying, d you know it's sound you got your mind? Do you know? Like, why are you talking like that? I don't find earlier you don't talk like that anyway, So we all did it right.
Speaker 12: It was, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a really really good thing. However, my wife came out of it believing that she has done hers the best. Okay, and I haven't said anything I learned health that's okay, but secretly I think I did it a bit better. So what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna I'm gonna I've got brought them into work today and I'm gonna I'm gonna show them now. Okay, just just be honest, and then we're gonna put them up online. You can vote, Okay, who did monate the better?
Speaker 3: So ah, we shocked. If yours is good only got judging from your handwriting and times you tried to, like drawing a diagram for something we're doing.
Speaker 1: All right, so this is okay, this is one of them. I won't tell you it's actually that's one of us.
Speaker 3: That's my wife or mine, okay, strong colors, a bridge over water, beautiful moonaise.
Speaker 1: Lilies, This old colors, old brush strokes.
Speaker 3: Two is the kindergarten version of what we saw the first one.
Speaker 1: This is mine. What are you laughing at?
Speaker 3: Just like thick ones, big old strokes.
Speaker 1: Claude was famous for very broad strokes too. It's excuse me, leaning closer and see the attention details in those lilies.
Speaker 3: So I can see the detail from.
Speaker 1: You know what, I thought Claud didn't do this, but I just like, look, this is little fellow. It's a bird.
Speaker 3: You've seen the master's work.
Speaker 1: Listen, I can add something to that, Claude, that's a bird, yeah, well, or lily the colors at much. At that point, I was getting near the end of the bottle of pinots. I was getting a little bit blurry by the end of it. And also do you know what I did do was Claude Claud's bridge is a gray black and I thought I'm gonna pizzaz it up a bit. This is as you're seen a purple bridge.
Speaker 3: It's definitely bizaz. Why is your signature take up a quarter.
Speaker 1: Of because again the brushes were getting a bit fat by then. You know they all sort of melt to one, don't they. So who do you think? Let me just get both? Now, hey, just quite please guys, please respect the artists.
Speaker 3: The one I'm guessing is Sarah's the first one we saw a beautiful pieces of art.
Speaker 1: Have a closer look. She's missed out some of the bridge. There's a couple of rungs are missing.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: You will cover that. You're going in that pond, whereas mine is a big, fat ar safe bridge.
Speaker 3: I have to give the winter full bridge.
Speaker 1: All right, you decide now head online. You wrote show me the my name who my wife said? Please tell the team to make sure they count the it's fairly went. It doesn't. It doesn't kill the vote. Who she think is is Trump?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian Chat, Welcome back. It's been a long three months, three months spent away three days. If you add it up together and divide it by nine day you Andy Christian Fun fact Money had cataracts. So that's why his stuff got more impressionist and blurrys he got older. I had pino that's my mind got a bit blurry and impressions through my paint and pinot. All right, So we're looking for your impressionist movies today today the time waste through is back on National Bread Day. That's more this show.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine I had that amazing toast story on National Bread Day.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, We're right up against them every day, especially right now. No time, no time to muck around. No shenanigans, no I no, no National Bread Day. Australia's top five favorite types of bread. What do you think the top five? Well, pretty easy, guess what's in the top five. I could even name eight different types of bread. Just name breads.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you whether they poppy seed loaf.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. He would go for one of those, do you. Oh, it goes everywhere. It's not the glitter of breads.
Speaker 3: Well you have the poppy seeds stuck.
Speaker 1: No, no, I use a very light drizzling of glue on there. They always come off any hands. Poppy seeds everywhere.
Speaker 3: That was go to his kid.
Speaker 1: My word, I have five bosh. Oh my god, those are kings and queens of a burger roll having a nice, milky old bosh. Four chabata Yep, yep, yes, that is what he said at three rye. When you stand a rye bread, I don't mind rhyme bread.
Speaker 3: This is going backwards for me. Breosh the best shibata. Right, we're starting to go downhill.
Speaker 1: Well, you're in the wrong city because Sourdo's at number.
Speaker 3: Two, most overrated of the breads, sharp edges, too hard.
Speaker 1: To eat, pleasurable, I call it pleasure dome, no pleasure dough. And number one white bread.
Speaker 3: That is a strange food.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that is reflected in any other countries around the world. I'm not sure. Number one, in the face of overwhelming science, still going yep, steal that and go over that white bread. So get stuff science. Okay. Bread movies. What are the bakers watching?
Speaker 3: What are they watching?
Speaker 1: My word? In those big ovens at the back, they're at Baker's Delights, Brios Jones's Diary, Gold Grain Man, Silver Gluten Free Willie. It's a Wonderful Life is a lovely movie to watch over Christmas. You're not the bakers have done you. You've got it altogether. It's a wonderful bread knife. No no, no, no, no, no switching bait. It's a wonderful bread knife. Look at those cracerated edges like no other knights. Silver we chibata zoo, chibata zoo. Thank you?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: What have you got, Jackie Boy?
Speaker 3: Bread movies, The Teenage Gluten Ninja Turtles.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Silver singing in the grain.
Speaker 1: That has God singing in the grain.
Speaker 3: Your gold begetting Sarah Marshall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: Silver plus Loaf of Brian.
Speaker 1: He's pretty happy with that one. Eat it around like excuse me, I just drop this, go here on the floor.
Speaker 3: Gold and weet the parents.
Speaker 1: Weat the parents. That's God plus the Christian O'Connell show. Podcast time now for first time of this year to mark your outward time wasters for your bread movies. Jananji Oh Gold, The Curious Case of Benjamin's Oven Silver tip Toppenheimer.
Speaker 12: Gold.
Speaker 1: Tim, that's very good mate, Well done, Tim, Beauty in the yeast Gold. But I'm bob op and door Silva. I don't quite work that one, Santo, but thanks for trying. James Bonding Agent it's good baking knowledge. There kneed ding, miss Daisy. You're got the dough. You're gonna need the dough knee ding, miss Daisy.
Speaker 3: But why do you say.
Speaker 11: I just like the word ding bronze tip top gun silver, the cop Father silver plus, Breddy Krueger gold.
Speaker 1: That's very good, well done, Julie. It's a bugs loaf gold shinz your worlder no dough for old men from Shorn of the Bread gold but Donna non non land not quite silver. Yeah, Janet Sandwiches of Eastwick silverl plus and ghost Ryder from Mandy silver plus. Yeah. Why don't everyone thank you very much?
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: The fact that our producer of God All This got us this because we've been talking about painting and art for some situle music and I go a Smellvaldi is it? Nine A's common up becomes queen headline of the year. The Channel seven have just found some stranger and locals who've got some royal connection cheek encounter with Queen Tomor on the show. Have you got royalty in the family? Your cheeky yes, your cheek encounters. Okay, So about twenty minutes ago, I was talking about how last week when we were away in Byron Bay and it was pouring down the rain for day after day, and we were there with our teenage daughters, we are forced to look for alternative things to do. So I did one of these. You see them all over town. You go and do your pino and paint. Sip and paint would ever be called, but because this was Byron Bay, this was called art and wine.
Speaker 3: That's a bit basic, it is, isn't it. I would have been.
Speaker 1: Happy to go, oh and goon bag. That's what Jack did with the painting of a frog in the top act. Oh, we can't draft anyway. We all did moonnaise water lilies. Oohoo. My wife came away high five in her south that she did it better than me and the kids was I secretly think I think I did it a wee bit better. So you decide. Both of our chabby looking paintings are up online. Early votes have come in. Jack. You've got some comments from the art critics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, voding you still open. I am shocked that Sarah is your head, but only fifty five to forty five percent.
Speaker 1: Some people have a great keena eyebrar.
Speaker 3: That's kind of meme culture stuff on the Internet. I think people click on you because it's funny to click the wrong one.
Speaker 1: How dare you that is a good, solid looking bridge I've got.
Speaker 3: That's a two D rendering. Very flat, is how I describe your money to.
Speaker 1: Hear Jack, Christian is more of a van go vibe the money. I'm sorry, Brian, I don't know whether that's a burn or praise. I don't understand that. Troy Cogan is obviously some sort of art critic. Both not bad but Christian. Your colors are a bit heavy, and both have horizontal reflections on vertical castings.
Speaker 3: I did think that. I was like, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was on your tongue, wasn't it. Yeah, Sarah's is better. Christian looks like a smurf crutch. The amount of blue use on the pond, how dare you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It is like you've gone, well, water is blue, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Now? The blue you decided show me the money. Have you look online? You can go on Instagram or on Facebook. You'll find us the Christian O'Connell show, So too, Tomorrow's show earlier today. As we're looking for contenders. You want to come down next Wednesday, find out can you smash the tennis ball over the hour? The person that can it's seventy meters. You're off to the men's final at the awesome Australian Open. As we're chatting to people send they're coming down, We've got a call from a guy called Gary was telling us about his son who's already been practicing. They've marked out seventy meters at the local park somewhere, and his son is named after a legend of tennis. But not one week I like McEnroe or b Hawk or Becka, Stephan Edburgh anyone.
Speaker 6: My son's thirty. His name is Stephani is named after the grouag Stephan Edburgh. We've been playing tennis all our lives and they basically hell out of me every day because he's side too strong and quick to lay.
Speaker 1: Now, Ared, I put this way, you even like, you know, like Becha and a Maco, But you were like, who is anyway too? On the show? Who are you named after? You can email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. We are back tomorrow. It was a joy being back with you this morning. We're back tomorrow. Have a great day.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast