Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week. Thereby, Hey guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I want to thank you for clicking and downloading on today's episode with Adam Doval, who was one of this week's booted celebrities from Dancing with the Stars, which happened just before the finale. I honestly think that this year has been one of the toughest competitions we've seen on the dance floor for Channel seven, with it all coming to an end with Lisa and Samantha in the finale with the best chance to win. However, Aunt Middleton could probably pip them at the post. Who knows. My guest today is Adam and is known for house rules and better homes in gardens. He is a builder by trade, but above all of his accomplishments, he's actually just a really nice guy that I have loved watching Dancing this season. I will talk about how everyone has been saying his name differently in the media, to how he really connected with his partner Jess. We will find out about his relationship with doctor Chris Brown and what about the host completely freaked in when he was standing next to him. There's actually an opportunity as well to talk about if they got to kick their costumes, if being Channel seven talent gives you a fast pass to the well close to the finale, and who he actually thinks is going to win tonight. There is so much to talk to with Adam, so sit back and relax as we unpack the wonderful world of Dancing with the Stars. Hi, Adam, how.
Speaker 2: Are you, MATEI be very good yourself.
Speaker 1: I'm doing well. I'm doing well. But you know what, It's funny. I watch the episodes. I rewatched them just before I start talking to people that I have on the podcast. So I've just been watching you do the Rumber again, and I'm kind of doing the Rumber while I'm talking to.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, I'll find in my emotions in that.
Speaker 1: I thought you did so well in this competition. I mean, I don't know whether I was reading into this, but I felt like your energy level was almost better than other people's a lot of the time like you were and I think it was the passion that you must have had.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much, mate, Thanks so much. Look, I was lucky enough, I think, to have one of the best in the business, Jess Rafa teaching me everything. You know, I knew absolutely nothing going into this, and I quickly learned that it wasn't to make dancing. Was just about you know, I thought, someone's going to teach me how to move me fate and as long as I do that, and I'll do it in the correct pattern, I'm going to be pretty good. But to be quite honest, the majority of it is from the way stup and you've got to become his character, and I mean acting something I don't do. And so that was a massive learning part for me. And you know that was after the first song. She's telling me that what smile off me fas and I'm like goo, it just comes naturally to So I'm going to struggle with that.
Speaker 1: I don't know where you get that from, because the smiling on your face is so infectious. As I said to you, I was watching it just before we started talking, and I am in a room by myself and I was smiling. There's something very infectious about your personally and obviously why you're on television.
Speaker 2: So hello, thank you? Yeah, Well what's that? I would say? You know, they say smile and the whole world will smile with you. Maybe there's some truth behind that. What a journey it was. I would have loved to get through to the Grand Final. I mean the rumber your Dan's partner, Jet, She's known for the rumber like as her favorite style of dance, and so I just wanted to nail. I really wanted to nail this one for her. I would have loved to get through.
Speaker 1: To the JF.
Speaker 2: You know you will with no regrets. What we can do is give it all you've got, and that's what I did. So I mean good luck to the other five competitors that I left. It's a tough competition.
Speaker 1: It's a very tough competition. And I did speak to Sonya about this and she was very strong with saying, you know, behind the scenes, this would probably be the best dancers and in any other season you I think would have gotten through the finale. It's just that it's unbelievable, Like who would have thought that Aunt Middleton could get it? Honestly, I mean we could back like jobs he can do. But you know I did not think he was good dance, No, well not.
Speaker 2: With the bill. I mean he so Bill. I mean I thought last I couldn't believe I had to have my shirt open the same night that anyone who has his shirt. I'm like, who's running wardrobe around here? Because you've set me up for failure.
Speaker 1: Get the rig out. I actually think that you know you've got a different rig And I know from talking to all my girlfriends that there's different types of men that they're into. And I think a woman going for Middleton is going to I mean, what is it. A woman not wanting to go fan Middleton is going to go for you and that's your own body. There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's room for everyone, room for every.
Speaker 1: Down the street this week with your top open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one would otherwise.
Speaker 1: No one can just put on the sequence walk down the street like that. No one will arrest you and put you in a funny hoes. You have to help me though. I don't know if you listened to Kyle and Jackio, but Kyle kept bringing you up about the fact that you could dance well. But he said your surname I reckon eighty five different ways while talking about you this season. Not sure if you heard him talking about you, But can you correct? No, I haven't, you haven't, Okay. He was really supportive because you know Cayle Santeleanz can be very outspoken. But how how am I saying it? Your properly? Like how do you say your surnames?
Speaker 2: Because how do you tell me how you say it?
Speaker 1: Don't do that to me because I'm no.
Speaker 2: I won't take any offense because I said so.
Speaker 1: I was saying Doval, but I got very Australians that maybe I'm a total Bogan.
Speaker 2: No and so and so am I. So this is what's happened, So I'll explain to you so we can clean it out. Lanes On Brill. So I'm exactly the same as you. I am even though I am both my parents are Sicilian, I was. I grew up in a very Australian area and I and I didn't want to stand out from the crowd. So I say my surname the Bogan way, which is ogal. The actual correct way would be to Villere is what my surname.
Speaker 1: Is, which is how to commentator would introduce you. So I'm sort of I love Adam Doval, you know I love him, And then that fancy it up and you come on stage and I think, am I supposed to?
Speaker 2: When I first heard it first? Threw me off. So I noted Adam Doble, that's that's how that's how I stay and yeah, that's that's that's how I want to be called. So, yes, Noble is correct.
Speaker 1: Well, that's how I was bold.
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 1: He would have said it about five different ways, like you could tell that he thought you were great. And he was kept saying, you know, doctor Chris Brown's doing a good job on this show, but he'd almost rubbished him and say doctor Chris Brown's not even slightly funny, like and he's been funny this season. So he was arguing with Jackie about whether or not the jokes are written for doctor Chris Brown, because both of them know Chris really well, but they were shocked at how fair he was.
Speaker 2: I did think that Chris did very well. I thought he did very well, and I actually I thought the son you were him working well. I was quite unused.
Speaker 1: Yes, same, I thought he was good. What did you think about him on dream Home then, because like you'd been on a show very similar to dream Home back in the day, So I was wondering whether or not because you're in to know on that kind of work, that line of business, what you were thinking of him in that show. Do you think he's Dancing with the Stars, doctor Chris Brown or do you think dream Home Christ doctor Chris Brown? Which one's better?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I didn't get to see much of him on the Dream Homes, of course, I didn't get to catch much of that. But I'm sure, I mean, you know, I'm sure if he was the same as what he was on there to with the Stars, I think he would have done very well. I mean, in the end, you've just got to be you stay true to yourself, and you know you're in Dream Homes. You're given away a massive pride, so as long as you're there to support the contestants in the way you have to explained for him the competition, I think he would have done really well. But yeah, it's good. It's good like Chris Brown, I like, I like his styles were out there with the starts.
Speaker 1: This man must be a giant, like he is huge, because like everyone standing next to him looked like midget's. Everyone looked like they're you know, from the Wizard of Oz. Though I want a couple of the Munchkin Bill but especially you know and n but even you standing next to him you were shorter than him. So how tall is he?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: He seven foot eight foot? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got no I made it. He's probably eightful. He is huge, but that's his feet, Like he was wearing these glossy dancing shoes and I swear they'll have to be a fifteen foot He's huge. I'm just we's he even human? Like, I'm absolutely amazing such a presence, such a presence just makes you feel insignificant almost, I.
Speaker 1: Do, but even you, because you look like, you know, a bigger guy, Like it just looks strange to me that he was sort of dwarfing you. But look, the question I was thinking about asking you was throughout this season, I've been chatting to people who've been on the show and looking at the advantages and disadvantages about going on to Dancing with the Stars and competing on a game show that's on Channel seven, And I thought you might be able to help me. You're kind of like Channel seven in house talent. Did you think that you and Jimmy like James would be getting further along in the competition because you're being favored because your Channel seven talent, Like, did that cross your mind? At all.
Speaker 2: Nah, I definitely didn't. That didn't cross my mind at all. I mean, I just went into this competition and I trusted in my dam's partner, and basically I thought to myself, she said, and do it to the best of my ability. I mean, and that is all I did. And I just because she turned around me once and she said, Adam, if you don't commit to this, she said, what I'm making to do is actually going to look even worse asked. And so I'm like, all right, I'm already going to look like a little bit of a dick. I don't want to look like like a complete foot commit. And that's what I did. I just I did everything she said and tried to perfect it as much as possible. But I mean, you know, the scores last night were crazy. Yeah, like I can some can some judges give me a nine, and then the cragged the bugger give me a fall. They look at the moment, I think, exapply that gallon.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and Craig's obviously taken, and Oxford straight to have a few shots before they bring him out there to say something, because like he thinks, he's clearly thinking about being somewhere else because like, how do you score like that because he's so far off from everybody else.
Speaker 2: But I've got to say, like, it gets pretty intense. Like a lot of a lot of the bus celebrities, I had so much pressure on themselves and they'll freaking out a lot backstage, and I just kept reminding everyone that we're not professional dancers, guys. Just let's just go out there and just do what we can do, and what will be will be. If you get good schools, you get good schools, you get bad schools, just walk away knowing that you gave it your all and that's that's all you can do. And I think the scoring is out of your control, So you know, I guess that's the bunks, the fact that if you channel seven personality, they help you get through, because that definitely can working.
Speaker 1: My I kept reading that people kept saying that they're like, you know, well, he's from home and like for Jimmy, they were like, oh, he's from home and away he's got us fast past to the end. But I don't think that competition, this competition works like that. And I think you gave away something there where you were talking about how you were chatting to the others backstage this season and did have very good camaraderie. From what everyone reported back to the media about your organ along so well, you're obviously lifting people up, which is a good way to be. But when it comes to when you're allocated, like you've got Jess and Jess is a brilliant answer. Do you all find out you're on Dancing with the Stars and then put in like a suggestion box who you can have, because I do think who you get partnered up with does determine how far you get in the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do agree with that too. I definitely agree with that. Now we don't have say over who our professional dancers are, but I think that's something that's obviously worked out internally.
Speaker 1: That personality though, or is there a spinning wheel like how do you reckon? They work that out often?
Speaker 2: I think a bit of door would have to go into it, because depending on I think it would have to be the individual's personality who they think they're going to get along with. But I'll dare say they would put a fair bit of thought into that because in eight weeks. In eight week so I had three days off and apart from that training five to eight l today. I mean, and that included then, that included obviously and shooting you the live shows as well. But yeah, it was a lot of a lot of time that you're spending.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's way too much time. I didn't even spend that much time with their friend. I'd be like, that's exactly right. You wouldn't even spend that much time in a row with your wife, do you know what I mean? Like, because then that's too much time for anybody. I'd be like, get away from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right, that's so true. I agree. So that's why you could have How imagine how we would that would be you had it if you didn't get along with that person spending that much So, I mean, it'd be like teth, wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: I've heard it. I've actually heard from I've got friends that have done the show before that didn't get along with their dancers, so and that that was hell on earth. So like, I do think that it's very good when you get that match up and you two had a very good synergy together. There was something that you brought out in each other. You could clearly tell from last night that she celebrated being able to dance with you, who was a pliable dancer. She could dance well, well better than she said that she'd ever really danced in the competition before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which was down I suggest to say, it's so nice of her to say, and look, I mean she looks she's a fellow Sicilian. So we had a good laugh about that her Actually her parents were from the same the region that my mum came from. Literally, it was like I was hanging out with my sister, Like she's as crazy as my sister. It was hilarious, said, I said, the similarities between you two were ridiculous. So yeah, we just had a good laugh. And yeah, it was a lot of fun. It was hard work, but it was a lot of fun. We spent our days laughing. Both of the tours that they caught on. You should tell me to pick something up, like I should say, all this time, because you're running your routines over and over and so like she would say, okay, this time, I want you to concentrate, you know, on your legs. So you're concentrating on your legs, making sure you get all your leg moves right, and she goes, what were you doing with your hand? I got no idea. I was just concentrating on my legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mistake.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then you're run the same routine and she's like, I think about you. I want you to take about time. So you've won the same routine, you think about your hands and then she's what are you doing with your leg I've got no idea. I was thinking about my hands. You know.
Speaker 1: It's also interesting to me as a viewer, was I thought that you, Shane and Ben were interesting with the way in which people were watching you on the show because people had their own attachments, I think to you, but you also had your own personality together and then you all came out of the show at the same time. Did that bond you? But all between those two boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're champion Blake, they are Champion Blake coming from Melbourne and obviously a b AFL team. Yeah, they are champions. Obviously the AFL. We got to spend a fair bit of time together and so now even now there's a few cheeky messages yet thrown around when the game's on. Obviously Crawford's got the upper hand. Now we talks making the apes one imagine. Yeah. So no, but they're good Blakes, and it was it was. It was funny because all our elimination there to us three, we all had the selta and so we were saying, imagine all three of us are in the elimination, they will hear the same song three times. It almost happened. It almost literally almost happened.
Speaker 1: Was can you just tell me who just with one answer? I know that's very hard because we're running out of time, but I really want to know who you think is going to win. We now know who's in the finale for tonight. Do you have someone you want to win out of Aunt, James, Lisa or Samanta.
Speaker 2: I would have to say, I mean, I would love to see began with because I reckon he's got to say. When I first started it and I met Bigan, and he's such a filled man, and I thought, cheese. He doesn't really have a figure, a dancing figure. He's so masculine. I couldn't imagine him, you know, would struggle with the you know, these dance books, but he blew me away. And he's just he's so dedicated to anything he sets his mind to. So I would love to see Aunt go all the way. I told him that his last dance. I said, mate, but I saw you rolling along that. It was like a big, bolder mate down the floor. I said, you got three tents to that. That is unbelievable. So I would love to see you. Yeah, take it out.
Speaker 1: Was like, he's like, comment he reminds me of Mario for Maria Cup Mario brothers, Like just the way bounces across the stage just before you go. The last thing I ask everyone who joins the podcast is a secret from behind the scenes. Maybe you can help me with this. Do you get to keep Do you get to keep the outfits? Have you kept all of those sequence?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, we do not get to keep you out.
Speaker 1: Don't have to go and by the me if I.
Speaker 2: Did, If I did, I would have a lot of shirts that you never don't up exactly.
Speaker 1: You'd be asking sow some buttons onto those. Yeah, get get putting buttons on there. Nobody wants to see that, but maybe they do.
Speaker 2: I could I could have. I said, I couldn't believe that they had to put me in an unbuttoned shirt the same night that they put in middle Never just like, come on, that's not fair, is it? No? I thought I I.
Speaker 1: Was been weird before, but I was just saying, you know, people are into different things. I think you're a much better looking bloke than at Middleton. I'm just going to save it to you right there. That's a good way to finish the podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm your hype girl. Man.
Speaker 1: Have a good time. Enjoy chatting to the media about this one. I loved watching Honestly, while I was talking about it with Johnno from seven right at the start about who our favorites were, and I kept saying your name because you were so good. So thank you for doing the show and thank you for chatting with Thing Champion.
Speaker 2: Thanks words.
Speaker 1: You have a good day, amazing, look after yourself.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: You are the last party in the conference.