Speaker 1: Tammy Hembro is Australia's most talked about influencer. At nineteen, she made it big on social media when she shared her fitness journey while pregnant.
Speaker 2: This is my first blog again, so like it might be a little bad.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's going to be boring or what, but hope you guys enjoy it. Tammy's life is far from boring. The fitness influencer and her family are Australia's answer to the Kardashians. In fact, she's even been involved in a few Kardashian scandals herself.
Speaker 3: A model explains why she had to leave Kylie Janno's Los Angeles birthday party in a stretcher.
Speaker 1: By sharing her life online, Tammy has attracted over twenty million followers and built an empire worth fifty million dollars. What has really kept her followers glued are her romantic relationships. Over the last ten years, the internet has borne witness to three engagements, three children, one epic wedding and now a divorce. We are journalist Sophie and Kate Talbert and in this special Outspoken series, we explored the real story behind the rise of Tammy hambro When we last left you, Tammy and Reese had just broken up after weeks of speculation. On the eighth of June twenty eighteen, Tammy confirmed the news to fans in a YouTube video aptly titled life Update, we broke Up.
Speaker 4: Let's throw to some of what she said.
Speaker 5: So a couple months ago, or somewhere between one and two months ago, I decided to end things with Greece.
Speaker 2: He didn't cheat on me.
Speaker 5: I didn't cheat on him. It wasn't like that at all. There's just I don't honestly, I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of our relationship. Obviously, we're human.
Speaker 4: We're not perfect.
Speaker 5: We have ups and downs like everybody else, just like you.
Speaker 1: Tammy went on to reveal that she was unsure whether she should make the video or not, but she had received so many questions about her relationship status with Reese that she didn't want people to think that she was ignoring them, and you could tell how difficult it was for Tammy to actually make the video. She said that she and ree still loved each other very much and will always be family because of the kids. She also prefaced her kid's health and happiness came first.
Speaker 6: She then said this, like it's a super hard situation, especially when there's kids involved, Like everything's just a million times harder than like a regular breakup.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, I don't want people to think that we just gave up or anything like most people would know.
Speaker 6: There's a lot more to relationships.
Speaker 5: Relationships are very complex.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because a few times during the video she said that they were currently broken up, which made it sound like there was some room for reconciliation. She also explained that she had taken a while to speak about it because they were still working.
Speaker 4: On things on their own.
Speaker 1: When this news broke, there were so many fans who were devastated because they were absolutely invested in this relationship. Tammy and Reese had really painted themselves as this hashtag couple goals. They were living the life that so many people wanted to live with this young family, and they were incredibly glamorous. There were also a lot of disillusioned fans who felt as though they had been lied to and accused the couple of portraying a perfect relationship when in reality it was clearly far from the truth. Yeah, and this was a big turning point for Tammy hembro so iphy as you said a lot of people were disillusioned by her content. I mean, we've got to remember this was in twenty eighteen as well, so seven years ago when people weren't so savvy about online relationships, and also the fact that a lot of influencers just share their highlight reel. In July, Re shared his own statement about the breakup to his YouTube channel. At the time, he was holidaying in Bali with his best friends. Here's a snippet of what he said.
Speaker 7: So obviously, I definitely need to address a few things with all of you guys. Tear Me uploaded the YouTube video a little while ago about us breaking up. I don't really know why she did or, you know, one hundred percent, I didn't really want it to happen, And you know, it's been a pretty rough couple of months trying to deal with the fact, you know, like rejection. I guess it is I've been rejected by someone. So that's been kind of rough. It's been probably the hardest, you know, two three months of my life. Like I said, I'm not sure why one hundred percent why We were having a few disagreements and things. But yeah, again, it wasn't just it wasn't my decision. And you guys can ask her as to why, because.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna.
Speaker 7: Try and you say an opinion that might not be true. I just don't know.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that he released this video a couple of months after the breakup and was still claiming that he didn't fully know why Tami broke up with him. I think it was a bit of a strategy to try and shift the narrative and make himself the victim because he was really pulling at the heart strings by saying that he was rejected and blindsided. Now, two months after the breakup announcement, Tammy Hembro hit rock bottom. She made headlines when she was stretchered out of Kylie Jenna's twenty first birthday party after she reportedly collapsed. Unfortunately for Tammy, paparazzi were waiting out the front of the venue and photographed her face down on the stretcher. The incident actually happened before Kylie Jenna had even arrived at the party. I remember when this story broke at the time that there was a lot of speculation as to who this guest was at the party because, as you mentioned, Kate, Tammy was lying face down on the stretcher. So it led to a big guessing game. And I think that this made the story even bigger when it was then revealed that it was Tammy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel for Tammy in this situation. It's like it's a guessing game and you're hoping that no one knew.
Speaker 4: It was you now.
Speaker 1: Tammy was invited to Kylie's twenty first after striking up a friendship with the Kardashians after she modeled for Chloe's brand Good American, and it was actually Chloe who was a fan of Tammy. So Chloe followed Tammy's fitness journey and publicly stated that Tammy had influenced her own fitness journey. It was in late twenty seventeen when Chloe's team reached out to Tammy and asked her to model for the Brandon Tammy documented the whole Good American shoot as well as her meeting Chloe. Let's have a listen.
Speaker 3: Clean Chloe herself.
Speaker 1: What I just had to shoot with her.
Speaker 3: I don't know how amazing look for her and you go, langs are anything I would pay for a wait, you guys, I can't.
Speaker 1: This just shows the international reach that Tammy Hembro has. I think living in Australia, you forget just how many followers she has all over the world.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, her connection to the Kardashians also helped her grow even further.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Following the incident at Kylie Jenner's birthday party, media reported that the Kardashians weren't happy with Tammy and claimed that Kim Courtney Care and Chris all unfollowed her, while Kylie and Chloe remained following. Kylie, Jennet nor any of the Kardashians have actually ever publicly commented on the event. Now. At the time, this Stretcher incident was absolutely massive, Kate. It made global headlines, and Tammy ended up releasing a now deleted YouTube video explaining what happened. Here's some of what she said.
Speaker 2: So basically what happened is I was in LA I was running off pretty much thirty hours no sleep. I was struggling to stay wait, even when I was getting my hair and makeup done, I was literally sitting that like falling asleep, like I could barely keep my eyes open.
Speaker 1: Tammy went on to say she should not have been drinking when she had such little sleep. Interestingly, she blamed her impulsive behavior on her recent breakup with Rhys Hawkins.
Speaker 2: I think because of the breakup, I've been trying to keep myself busy and not really taking time to think about how I'm actually feeling or focusing on myself kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Tammy ended the video by calling out the trolling she'd been receiving.
Speaker 4: She ended up breaking down.
Speaker 1: In tears when she thanked her supporters.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 2: Another thing I wanted to bring up is just people trolling or being nasty or making up things just for no good reason. I mean, I personally could never imagine attacking someone or judging someone for something like this. Thank you, guys for all the people who have sent supportive and kind messages. I'm super grateful for it because I know I have a lot of true fans.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Tammy experienced a lot of trolling over this incident. She also received an outpouring of support. Fans on Twitter came out in defense of her, with one writing Tammy hembro only broke up with the man she was meant to marry recently. Let the woman be a drunkards bitch in these Another said, Tammy hembro getting unfollowed by the Kardashians for being too drunk and vomiting at their event is absolutely iconic. I want to be.
Speaker 4: Her friend.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Tammy recently shed more light on the incident in her book. She called the moment her rock bottom and said she went from media darling to public enemy. As for the night, she said it was highly stressful and embarrassing, and claimed that she only had one or two drinks before she collapsed. I don't know do we actually believe that. I mean, I'd like to think she's telling the truth. She says she had very little sleep. But do we think the Kardashians didn't fly her over in business class? Well, I think it's all a bit of an excuse. We've got to remember Tammy would have only been twenty four at the time she'd been flown over by the Kardashians to attend this birthday party. She'd just broken up with her baby daddy and fiance. Who isn't getting on the drinks at an event like that. I'm sure all of the drinks would have been paid for. I mean, do we really blame her. I feel sorry for it be so humiliating, because she said she woke up in hospital to find that there were these pictures published of her being carried out of the party on a stretch, and in her book, she wrote, I kept telling myself there is only up from here. It was a very dark time and I had to shut out the trolls and the hate I was getting. I understand that this would be bad for her image, considering she was pushing this very clean eating, healthy fitness influencer esthetic. But I think that it also got her more known internationally. I'd be interested to know how many extra followers she got off the back of this incident.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of a case of all.
Speaker 1: Publicity is good publicity, particularly when you're juxtaposition next to the Kardashians. Now, two months after the incident, Reese Hawkins announced he had a new girlfriend, American model London Gowan. Now it's rumored that London was sliding into Reese's dms before Tammy had even posted their break up video. After Reese broke the news, Tammy ended up sharing a cryptic quote on Instagram. We know she loves a bit of a quote, which read breakup's hurt, but losing someone who doesn't respect and appreciate you is actually again not all loss. She did end up leading the post, though shortly afterwards. She followed it up though with an Instagram story saying, man, if people knew the truth about some people biting my tongue so hard, It's going to bleed when I'm done. London ended up going back at Tammy and posted a selfie with the caption hey hate you you I don't like your girlfriend. Those, of course, are iconic Avril Lavigne lyrics. That post was also swiftly deleted. Tammy ended up ignoring London's potshot, and she took the higher road instead. She posted a selfie with her kids, Wolf and Saskia with the caption I wanted to spend each moment of the day with you now. Following the cryptic post, Tammy gave an interview to a magazine and said, you have a picture of what you think your life is going to be like, and then circumstances change and people changed too. We were young when we got together and still figuring things out.
Speaker 4: I think when people.
Speaker 1: Are weighing in on your personal life or you're trying to understand things yourself. It can feel like a lot of pressure. I share so much of my life, so I understand that my followers online wanted to know what was going on. People were wanting to know what happened before we even knew what was going on. As for Tammy's love life, it was rumored that she was in and on again off again romance with Canadian rapper Juquoy Palmer around the time of this hard launch. Now things started to get nasty around this point. A month later, Reese publicly criticized Tammy's approach to sharing their children online. During Instagram Q and A. Someone wrote in saying, where are your kids, mate? Why out there wasting time instead of being a dad? Reese responded saying, I've seen my kids every day last week. I just don't feel the need to post them all the time. They're getting older and have their own personalities, and they can choose if they want to be posted or not when they're a bit older. I just let them be kids and try and enjoy my time with them on the days I get to spend time and see them.
Speaker 4: For now. Now, This wasn't the first time.
Speaker 1: Reese revealed he didn't like his children being online. Shortly after the split, at a pr event, Rees said within the next twelve months, I'll take my children off all of my social media just because they're starting to get their own personalities and things like that. I don't want to force them into anything they don't want to do, or make them take a picture when they don't want to. They're their own people. They're not babies anymore, people recognize them. It'd be really tough to navigate. What do you do when two parents have conflicting views about how they want to share their children online, particularly when they're not together anymore, and particularly when one of the parents has seventeen million followers. It seemed like it was just a way for Reese to have a bit of a dig at Tammy, though, because he was complicit in sharing them when they were together. Things really went full circle in January twenty nineteen, when rumors emerged the Tammy was dating Kylie Jenner's ex boyfriend Tiger after being spotted kissing him at the Rolling Loud festival in Sydney. She was also seen following the rapper around Australia during his tour and hanging out backstage. Now, in terms of a timeline. Kylie Jenner dated Tiger two years earlier, so there wasn't a close crossover, but it clearly would have hissed Kylie off considering they were friends well close enough, and it also would have backed up these rumors that the Kardashians weren't.
Speaker 4: Happy with her.
Speaker 1: Tiger is someone who doesn't mind dating within the same circles. His ex girlfriend, Black China famously dated Rob Kardashian and they actually had a baby together.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Tammy and Tiger's relationship is believed to have lasted around ten months, with Tiger even writing a song about Tammy. The song is called wet Wies, very romantic and as you can probably tell by the title, it's an X rated song about a sexual encounter with a woman called Tammy. Let's play a snippet so we don't have to read out the lyrics.
Speaker 9: Ibing that as you about make it go, don't stop, let me up outside of in and out blacking lot is topped off top bound cup like the capers. Don't say a clack and that came on the that name the damn damp he danced, he dance you nass you no pan, no pan get a wet wave that'll come a handy and the pussy here, bitch, you just have a grammy.
Speaker 1: When you hear the someone's written a song about you, you probably get all excited thinking it's this great love song, and then to hear those lyrics, I personally wouldn't be thrilled about it. It is kind of iconic in a way, though, Like, you know, she's known for her ass, I mean, he's meant to the lyrics now. Tammy later confirmed on her podcast Hanging with the Hembros that the song was about her, and she said she had approved the lyrics, but admitted that they had been blown out of proportion. She also went on to claim that she and Tiger were just friends, saying that people are ridiculous and that she's literally just friends with him. She said, I've been to a bunch of his shows and I'm just friends with people that he's friends with. So again, take a shot every time she said friends. How can she say that though, when she confirmed that the song lyrics were about her and that she had approved them, like, it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, But she's saying that it's just a made up scenario and it's all a bit of a laugh. Well, it appears to Tammy's relationship with Tiger hit a nerve with Reese Hawkins. A month after the relationship rumors surfaced, Reese called Tammy out on his Instagram story. His main gripe was to do with Tammy repossessing his range Rover. Let's have a listen to what he said.
Speaker 8: Basically, nothing has gone to plan or ended well, and I just wanted to let you guys know that I basically I've tried really really hard to it's my separation from my ex and everything like that, to get it settled and be amicable.
Speaker 10: And so, yeah, sadly I lost my range Rover yesterday. They got repossessed and she decided that I didn't need that either. So I don't have a car to even pick my kids up anymore.
Speaker 4: I mean, why should.
Speaker 1: Tammy be paying for this guy's range Rover. Take it off the guy. He can get around in something else.
Speaker 4: No sympathy there from you.
Speaker 7: So no.
Speaker 1: I actually remember this story coming out because it was around the time that we thought about launching a podcast, and I'm like, oh my god, there's just so many great stories like this out there because This was a massive story at the time. Well Reese went on to claim that Tammy was planning to sue him, and he also accused her of quote following musicians around America. Obviously that's a dig about Tiger. Reese later told The Daily Mail as well that he was in a bitter war with Tammy and said at the moment there was no contact now. Tammy was quick to hit back on her own Instagram story, saying.
Speaker 11: This, Okay, so I'm not about to add my dirty launch on social media.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's appropriate to talk about some things.
Speaker 11: I don't want to put anyone in the negative light, especially the father of my kids, no matter, no matter what, I'm just I'm not gonna do that. But basically in response to a car thing that he's talking about, that's not the full story.
Speaker 1: She prefers that she didn't want to speak badly about the father of her kids. She did provide a bit of a burn at the end. She said, if I'm letting someone use my range Rover, they shouldn't expect me to pay their speeding fines and registration. Simple as that. And she has a very good point. It's quite ironic at the start of that Instagram story that Tammy said she wasn't about airing people's dirty laundry, but.
Speaker 4: Then added that little dig in at the end. It seemed to be.
Speaker 1: More at play here than just the range Rover, though, because the main issue seemed to be that Tammy wanted to move to la but Reese didn't want to. According to Reese, Tammy promised the car to him to convince him to move with her. However, when things didn't work out with Tiger, Tammy apparently changed her mind about moving and subsequently about Reese having the car. It's really confusing to look back at this now, as Reese ended up trying to move to the US with London and his son Stone, and he now lives in Balley, away from all three of his children now. After a seven month hiatus from Ujue, Reese returned to the platform at the end of August twenty nineteen to share about how his breakup with Tammy had affected him, and he was very candid in this chat. He admitted that it had been the hardest period of his life. In the now deleted YouTube, he said, the past year has been super fucked up. It's been a hard time I'm not going to lie. I've had a couple of bouts of depression and anxiety. I've actually been put on mild antidepressants just to help me get back everything. I've struggled to eat for a long time. A lot of you guys would have seen how much weight I lost because of the depression I was going through. Reese explained over the last year he had to move three times so he could be near his kids.
Speaker 4: He said he'd just.
Speaker 1: Gotten back from la and revealed there had been a change of plants. He said he was still waiting on a few things with the kids, but things never panned out over there. He then said, I ended up coming back to Australia because I need to be well. I'm trying to be quite involved with the kids now. At the time, Tammy was in the US with MTV Australia working at the Video Music Awards. Now, if we fast forward to February twenty twenty, it appears like a lot had been going on behind the scenes because Tammy and Reese were suddenly on better terms. Reese even appeared in one of Tammy's YouTube videos when he was picking up the kids for them to come and stay with him, and in this video, Tammy said that she and Reese were now on friendly terms after years of fighting.
Speaker 11: Right now, we're going to Daddy's house. Wolf's school bag is out Reese's so I've got.
Speaker 9: To go get it.
Speaker 1: Look good. We're friends, guys. Do you love that us?
Speaker 8: Look going to be like this is awkward?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, no, they will be.
Speaker 11: I don't know, guys, We're actually friends now.
Speaker 2: Reese's so nice to me now, aren't you tell them?
Speaker 1: Tell them how nice.
Speaker 7: I've always race.
Speaker 5: I think we should do a video together about like co parenting.
Speaker 1: I take that as he are. Tammy then told the camera that Reese is just so nice to her now. She said, me and Reese weren't getting along for the longest time. We broke up so so long ago now, and it took us pretty much this long to start getting along. It is what I've always wanted, So I am really happy. One person who wasn't happy about it, though, was London, Reese's girlfriend. In an Instagram Q and A, she was asked how she felt about Tammy's vlog. Let's have a listen to what she said.
Speaker 12: Funny question. I feel it was very put on and do get me, which is fine. I don't care for the drama. It's a little ridiculous, but you know.
Speaker 1: I think it's important to put it out there that London and Reese were still very much together when she shared this Q and A yeah, she clearly wasn't happy with him at the time. She even answered a question about what triggers her and Reese's fights. I don't think she was that honest though, because she admitted that of course, like every couple, they fight, but then claim their biggest fight was over food. I think it's probably over Tammy. As expected, Tammy's fans went off at London, which then forced Reese to address the incident on his own YouTube channel. In the now deleted video, Reese apologized for his past actions following his split from Tammy. He also said it was him dragging London into the drama with his ex. He also said he was the one who dragged London into the drama with his ex and was to blame for making her feel insecure enough for her to come at Tammy on social media. He then claimed everyone was all good friends now now. As you can imagine, Rhees copped a lot of backlash over his comments, and not long after, he deleted the video alongside all the videos on his YouTube channel. Now, on the first of August twenty twenty, London revealed that Reese had popped the question to her in Port Douglas.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: The couple were staying at the Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort and they got engaged in their room before heading down to dinner in the ballroom. I do want to inject myself into this story here. This is where I went for my honeymoon, so you'd be very familiar with these rooms. Perhaps you stayed in the room that Breees proposed to London. Who knows now? London shared photos of the couple showing off the ring with the caption Forever and Always Baby.
Speaker 4: Reheese shared the.
Speaker 1: News, but only on his Instagram story, not on his main grid, and he only just linked back to London's post. He didn't make a post of his own. I feel like that's because he was having a bit of a social media blackout, though he probably thought it looked a bit hypocritical him deleting everything off YouTube and then suddenly posting about his private life. Now, the ring in question was a Tiffany and co cushion cut halo yellow diamond on a platinum band. The ring was estimated to be worth a whopping fifteen to twenty six thousand dollars. Why do I feel like, now in twenty twenty five, that's actually not that much?
Speaker 4: Are you serious? That is a huge amount of money on it.
Speaker 1: He's an enormous amount of money. But I feel like we are seeing the most ridiculous rings shared on social media. That being said, most of them now are lab diamonds. Well, I was going to say that, I think we're only seeing bigger rings at the moment because people are buying lab diamonds. I mean, Brittany Hockley revealed that hers was a lab diamond. It's actually a really ethical way, and the ring looks exactly the same.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've been wondering why so many influencers have Kim Kardashian sized engagement rings now, because you're like, surely they're not making that much money.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 1: A month later, on the second of September twenty twenty, recent London announced they were expecting their first child together. London shared a photo of her and Reese kissing with the caption being busy growing a baby in my belly with this one, what about you? Reese ended up sharing an update of his own, this time he wrote baby Mama Alert. Having a baby with the love of my life and my best friend. It does put this proposal into perspective a little bit and why there was perhaps a rush for him to pop the question now. London ended up surprising her followers by revealing she would be sharing her pregnancy journey on Only Fans Now. At the time, I feel like we had only just started hearing about OnlyFans and it still had the connotation though, of being sexually explicit content that was being shared. So this seemed kind of wrong to physic at pregnancy journey on there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it did shock a lot of people.
Speaker 1: London explained more in her announcement, saying, We've also been harassed to the point where we've had to seek legal action a few times due to harassment, bulling and stalking over the last year. With that being said, I've decided I'm going to share my pregnancy journey on another platform where I feel safe and positive. Oh, come on, it's not the fact that you're making a lot of money off this subscription model that that's why you want to share it on there. If you were being harassed and you felt like your safety was in question, would you perhaps just not share your pregnancy journey? I know. I'd love to know how many people actually signed up to this. I'm assuming the Daily Mail did, and a lot of other publications. It also sounds super critical because Reese was sounding off about Tammy basically exploiting their children and sharing them across social media, but then he's happy to do the same with this unborn child for money, I know. Hours after this pregnancy announcement went live, Tammy posted a very telling update on her own Instagram story. In the video, she mimed to the song Pressure in My Palms by Amney Now. The lyrics said, I hate a bit who thinks a baby finner keep a n I hate you ho Okay, I mean the message is pretty loud and clear there. She's not happy about this. It was very awkward for London because at the time of her pregnancy announcement, super Sluice uncovered screenshots of her liking and commenting on old family photos of Reese and Tammy when they were together. So she wrote such a babe, oh my god, and obsessed with the little Family. It was also revealed that London had been liking Reese's photos since March twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: That is so awkward.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine how embarrassed you would be when this news came out? Oh this is just a rookie era, isn't it. If you are going to date someone whose family you've been a fan of, go and do a bit of a clean out, make sure that you haven't liked any of the posts and delete any comments. And it adds a little bit of validity to the rumors that she slid into Reese's DMS before Tammy and him had really broken up.
Speaker 4: Was like, gotcha, do you reckon?
Speaker 1: She also found the comments or it really was super salutes. Yeah, you've got a good point there. Maybe Tammy was the one that was searching through trying to find the dirt on London.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 1: The same week London announced her pregnancy was Father's Day, and Tammy used the occasion to take a swipe at Reese.
Speaker 4: So she uploaded a.
Speaker 1: Selfie with Saskia to her Instagram story with the caption Happy Father's Day to all the single mammas and boss bitches doing it all. London was quick to fire back using her own Instagram story. So she shared a picture of Reese with Wolf and Saskia with the caption best Daddy. Well, I was all getting very petty, isn't it? And that is where we're going to leave things today. Next time, we are diving into the era of Matt Pool, or as Tammy fans like to call him, Matt the First. This episode has everything an engagement, a baby, a breakup, and even a reality TV show film crew. Thank you again for listening to Outspoken. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Plains. We pay respect to elders past and present.