Speaker 1: I'm back in our studios, back together, the automotive Industry's Kamala Harris. Thanks, thanks for coming in cackles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm not pretending to be a murdering journalist.
Speaker 1: Either, am I. I've said that from the start. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I'm glad this has not been six months now, no between dranks.
Speaker 1: Good to see you. You've cleaned up. You've really cleaned your habit up. You're not living in the box anymore. Actually, that's a lie. Geelong is a how is that joint going?
Speaker 2: It's a moment, Yeah, mainly leaving it.
Speaker 1: Are you in Caria? Are you in?
Speaker 2: You know they call me the King of Kiah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got you the big dog. Actually, I remember when I was living in Geelong. I was driving a dats in two sixties that at the time, and because literally it would take me half a tank to get to Geelong and half a ten to get to Melbourne. So I would stop in at the servo just sort of you know the pullover where just outside cryo there, and as you're coming in it's like a slip lane. This fucking idiot was driving up like the split lane at like one hundred k's an hour, and I was like, what is it? Nearly took me right, and so I remember I tootored my horn at him and he stopped at the lights. He could have made it, but he decided to stop. I'm behind him, and as I'm about twenty meters behind him, he comes out of his car with a crowbar. It was like dog man off I current affair back. I'm like, okay, please, please, please, don't hurt my precious car. And I didn't hurt you can't do that.
Speaker 2: No, you were pretty good about it.
Speaker 3: I did have to smack you with a rolled up newspaper that does sound like Geelong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting spot. I did miss it. Actually, I remember starting. I used to start. I worked at the radio station there and I look, okay, right, it doesn't rock, it rocks. I remember I'd start on a Saturday morning. I'd do the weekend shift as well, and be walking in to the radio station at five in the morning. And I was living just up near Geelong Geelong Hospital and it's like a five minute walk if that so, it's a five minute walk. So I'm walking down five in the morning and literally got like attempted to be jumped by about six blokes just chasing me to fucking work and as and back then the bottom of the radio station was a bank, and so you take the elevator up to the radio station. So quickly jumped in the quickly got into the sort of bottom complex elevator. Sorry, the sliding glass doors open. Quickly press the close button and just like it was like a movie, just as they were coming up banging on the doors. Oh Jesus, you know, yeah, I thought it was a strange thing for my mum to do, but yeah it was. Look geelong times, man, gee, long times. Yeah, what's been happening with you?
Speaker 2: What has been going on? Oh? We both recently drove the Iron five in. Oh my god, such a good car, isn't it.
Speaker 1: That is the greatest electric car, at least the greatest performance electric car there is. It's yes, Oh my god, it's immensely perfect. It's just so great in every way. I love it.
Speaker 2: They've done such a good job with it.
Speaker 3: I actually I had the chance to drive the RN twenty two E, which was the prototype for the On five in, at an event in Germany a year or two ago, and I was blown away with that that's when they were still playing around with gearshifts and stuff. Then I got to drive it in Sweden when they were doing the final stages of the ice testing for the stability controls, and I was really impressed with it. Then when we drove the final vehicle, actually because I did think at the time the gear shifts and some of the stuff that they had was a bit gimmicky. ORE didn't know how it would work. When we drove the final vehicle, I was blown away with how well everything was integrated.
Speaker 1: Well you know what that was I saw on Kodogan's podcast. That was that particular segment of the car I think was developed at least helped developed by an Australian guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tim, Yeah, he was basically with that team that developed that car under the leadership of Albert Bierman, who was the former boss of him. And to me, when he puts his name to something, if it's shit, he doesn't want to know about it. And in this instance, I think that he showed that they can really do a performance ev And what's become evident since then when we drove it at the proving ground, we're able to do like seven farst slaps when it was quite hot and it had no power degradation. The brakes were fantastic. Some cars you get one lap in of the right and handling track and they will begin falling apart and break fades like it was just garbage. So that end is a bona fide electric car. And even to the point now where Tesla they held the release of the Model three Performance. All three Performance was then released and it has just been a steaming pile of the pool in terms of the reviews from people who actually drive like it's meant to be driven. So it is interesting that Tesla will now need to go back to the drawing board and probably pull apart in Iro five and to figure out how to make an electric car that doesn't suck when it comes to performance driving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went in the Tesla Performance and I was like, it just it didn't feel like even that much of a jump from the old one. Yeah, it didn't even feel like a like a two point Ohero, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But that I actually can I say as well, Tesla. I don't know.
Speaker 3: My video might be out by the time this podcast is out, but Tesla, they are just such conniving connivers.
Speaker 2: Because they excuse.
Speaker 1: Me for a second, sorry, yes, what really, Okay, I'll take him out. I'll take him out for you. For you, Jordan Peterson, is that you do no worries. Sorry, go on.
Speaker 3: So typically when we take a car to the proving ground to film our video content, we let them know that it's a private road and some insurers don't cover it, and in the past with Tesla, they've put speed.
Speaker 2: Limitters on their cars for some bizarre reason.
Speaker 3: So this time around, we had the Model three Performance lined up for a review and we said to them, look, you just need to make sure you remove the speed limitter, and they go, you know, we'll need to get approval. And just so you know, we're not allowing you to test track mode. I'm like, what the fuck why we're on a track and yeah, we test cars. One of my other colleagues literally took it to a racetrack and they would have let him test track mode and he cooked the brakes on the car and said it in his video, and they wouldn't allow us to test track mode. It's like he's had a fucking track, Like, how much more track mode track do you need? So anyway, I said to her look, we're not going to take the car, then I'll just go rent one or get one off someone who owns one. Because if you can't stand behind your product and you're too scared for us to actually test it, then I can tell you right now your product is going to absolutely suck it. I don't even need to drive it. So I just think Tesla has just become so wrapped up in its own bs that, you know, it's just really quite frustrating when you can't actually test the car.
Speaker 2: It's like why bother putting a car out to test? All they do is give them out to influences.
Speaker 3: We go, oh, it's so great, it's so quick, Like, put did your test, You drive it around for a little bit, and that was it. We're going to actually test it so that if you do want to buy it and take it to a track for the advertised track mode, you'll know that it is going to last a lap, which it just hasn't been able to do it so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think, yeah, when we go if we go back to the Ionic Fi, then there is such sophistication in that car, both in an engineering aspect and a design aspect. And I think just the imagination too behind it. I know that sounds weird, but the fact that someone thought, why don't we make this car really feel like a performance ice car? And it really does, and it freaks you out how accurate they've got this too, Like everything from the pool when you're changing gears, to the revs to just there. It's so hard to get a normal performance ice car, I guess, to feel a road so well. Yet they've done it kind of in a digital way, if that makes sense. Ye, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, they've done an unreal job.
Speaker 3: So the only downside to that is the price, especially with Tesla's repricing of the Model three Performance. So when I first bought a Model three Performance, it was one hundred and about one hundred and five on the road. So now the Model three Performance, because they've gutted the price, is like eighty two grand or something plus on roads. The Onic five Event is one hundred and ten or one hundred and eleven plus on roads. So it is definitely a much better cast, significantly better in every way than a Model three Performance. But is it that much better? I don't like. Yeah, likely it is, but can you justify spending an extra thirty grand and look, to me, I think you can. But I just don't think they'll be able to sell it to the masses because I think a lot of people will look at that and go, well, I'm not going to spend an extra thirty grand. I'll just get the Tesla instead, because a lot of people won't access the stuff that the end does.
Speaker 1: I think this car, I think this is the sort of car, even being an ev it sits with a certain bracket, and I don't actually think it sits next to a.
Speaker 2: Tesla, No, exactly, this is the thing.
Speaker 3: It actually sits next to faster internal combustion cars, which are all significantly more expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is clear as day.
Speaker 1: And so that's what I'm saying though, So I thinks that problem right, I think, in no respect, one hundred and ten, one hundred and twenty thousand isn't too bad for what you're getting with them.
Speaker 3: But the problem is that everyone will compare it to a Model three. And I think that's the biggest issue. If you drive them both sides to side and back to back, you would never get the Model three. But I just think that when people look at this and they see the cost of EV's going down. I think they get a bit stick of shock when they see the price of it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, I think this is just so out of a Tesler Brackett. I can't see how people would I mean, technically, I guess you could compare it, but I just think they're two completely different cars, and I don't think I don't think that really journalists should be comparing this to a Tesla Model three Performance, but.
Speaker 2: They will marry.
Speaker 1: Those fake sounds are pretty good too.
Speaker 3: I think they're great, and a lot of people that own this car now are using those sounds because it just gives you that sort of realistic driving experience. It's just as I find it really fascinating.
Speaker 1: It's such a fun car. It's really great. Actually, there's a dude I'd love to get him on. We should call him on the podcast next time. But he's a bit of an influencer with this car, and he literally has a GT three RS next to it, so there is two sort of you know, cars in his garage, and it's interesting to hear his thoughts on how different and what he enjoys about each one. I think the thing that I really loved about the end was you can take this from a performance what feels like a let's call it a performance ice car to a quite smooth commuter, like a daily commuter. And yeah, at the flick of a switch, it's just if you you can and you can flick between the two so much. I'm just sort of I was thinking about.
Speaker 3: It, you know what, just to put some of the speed into into reference for people and perspective.
Speaker 2: Were actually shot a drag.
Speaker 3: Racing series where we drag race the Ionic five N up against literally everything from a Rolls Royce to a five.
Speaker 2: Million dollar Lamborghini that is limited in numbers is that the new diablou Kutas.
Speaker 3: But one of the cars that it genuinely surprised me by was McLaren p one, which is which was one of the Holy Trinity.
Speaker 2: It's literally a hypercar.
Speaker 3: The Ironic five N crossed the finish line in a rolling race at almost the exact same time like it was a bees dick in it. So to think that that a hyena can match like what is now a three million dollar McLaren p one, I think it's pretty unreal.
Speaker 2: Done such a good job with it.
Speaker 1: I saw someone take theirs to like a drag track and it was just hilarious, like everything that was coming up against it, I just smoke. It was what's this guy even doing? He just like cruises on out of there. Yeah. Interesting, interesting, such a brilliant car. God, I'd love to drive like. I'd literally love that as a as a daily car like I think that was my one. Yeah, maybe I will, maybe with my with my Marrick dollars, maybe I will.
Speaker 2: And the what else are you driving at the moment?
Speaker 1: Oh, you want to know what it needs to be? Would you like to know what else I'm driving at the moment.
Speaker 4: My genis GD sixty on the way to the salon. It's beautiful, it's spawty, it's a little bit ritzy, and my dog Pavley loves just sit in the back and as he has a doggy baby Gina, he get a little bit of froth on his nose. What's that little puplay?
Speaker 1: I'll stop clicking up bum Only Steven could.
Speaker 2: Do that.
Speaker 1: Anyway. I don't think I've got that car for much longer. I'm still gonna say, but look we do the little voice as I'm just gonna tell you, I quite like the car.
Speaker 2: I really enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what was. Okay, this is gonna this is gonna divide me and you in a big way. There's a car that I drove and our bloody was. I'm so confused as to why I like it. I'm confused. I'm confused as why I like this car. Guess what it is? What do you think it could be?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's Trevor's car.
Speaker 1: The Jesus No, No, a about five hundred eight No, that's.
Speaker 2: Just an absolute no.
Speaker 1: I know. Here's the thing. Mine was tennis ball green in fact a look like a sleepy tennis ball with its new lights and all that sort of stuff. It does less than two hundred k's in range, Like you're charging this every couple of days. It's sixty thousand dollars and it makes fake noises. It's just so fun.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I like it. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's such a dicky little car. I love it. Just stop stop saying that.
Speaker 4: Stop it Jenesis sixty.
Speaker 1: I quite like what what did?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Did you not? Like?
Speaker 2: Everything? Like? What outrageously overpriced? I just think it is a stupid car.
Speaker 1: What about the like the competition on like the we had.
Speaker 3: We used to own one at Car Advice and I hated that thing. It had no cruise control, it was ship to drive.
Speaker 1: It's just no, the buttons are weird on it, really stupid. I've got made who is young bloke here? I work right and poor dude like he bought one brand new from the dealer an E No, not an E, just a yeah, ah put it from the dealer. And this is a guy who's like it's his first big car, like his first brand new car, you know, and he's already like it's fully conked out. It's a break new car. Oh dude, you can't.
Speaker 3: Like I just would not trust an Italian electric car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I find it fun. It's a good little commuter.
Speaker 2: Now it's speaking of conking out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let's talk about what is going to be quite a costly little recall. Yeah, not in Australia at this stage, but in the States, more than one hundred thousand Toyter, Tundra and Lexus Lex V six petrol engines need to be replaced.
Speaker 1: More so the Tundra. They ryan the Alex that's a beautiful looking car.
Speaker 3: So there is a lot of engines. So basically what they found was some examples of the engine had debris circulating. Well, they found debris, and the concern is that it could circulate through the engine lead to knocking, rough running, and even a loss of powrot speed which could lead to an accident or death. So to me, this is going to be very expensive, and I think as well, hats off to Toyota because a lot of car companies would just go, oh, see how it goes, and then if your engine shits itself, will then fix it. This is what Ford did with power shift, right. They knew that those gearboxes were shit and they would only replace them if you had a problem, went through like three other attempts to fix it, which was that they never really worked, and then eventually you'd have to get the gearbox replaced. By that point, people are like pulling their hair at toy It is just going no, look, there's the risk of it happening. It may only it may happen, But we want to get them, get them out and replace them.
Speaker 1: It's a big call. It's a big thing to do. So even though there's hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Engines, right, yeah, even though this the alex is sold in Australia with this engine. We still don't know whether it is an issue for Australian vehicles. We're still yet to find out.
Speaker 1: But I thought it was not affecting the hybrids, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got nothing to do with the hybrid stuff.
Speaker 1: It's all.
Speaker 2: Three point four later. So yeah, that's that's big news.
Speaker 3: So for Toyota that really has rarely has a big step, that is that is a massive, massive thing.
Speaker 1: Being the Kamala Harris of the automotive scene, you should probably shed some light on this one. This is okay, I'm kind of taking this one with a grain of salt because Trump has pledged to kill I guess, or just block Chinese TV subsidiaries.
Speaker 2: What's that just the long pause? Trump has pledged.
Speaker 3: To kill dot dot dot. Yeah, we'll get back to you after this short break. So he's basically and I was watching the Republican convention when he got up to speak, I sat it running in the background.
Speaker 1: And then is your mentor and he's your religious icon.
Speaker 2: He's a zero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so absolutely, But anyway, we won't get into that. So he got to the end of it and he basically said that if he's elected he will end the electric vehicle mandate on day one, thereby saving the US auto industry from complete obliteration, which is happening right now, and saving US customers thousands and thousands of dollars per cup. Now, there is a lot of merit to this because at the moment in the States they have federal tax credits for electric vehicles. Tesla has basically funded their business globally from credits like this and fines from other manufacturers overseas.
Speaker 2: And guess who's paying all of that, Well, the American taxpayer, right correct.
Speaker 3: So the American taxpayer, I think doesn't really know that the scale of this. And Biden has already committed billions and billions and billions of dollars to this, to this green subsidy. And he then went on to say that he will hit Chinese vehicles with one hundred percent tariff in the US. Now, one hundred percent, I don't really sell that many Chinese vehicles in the US anyway, but one hundred percent is significantly more than what they've just put in it in Europe, which varies between twenty and forty percent. But the funny thing is some Chinese companies are saying that's fine, we can still make money off that would.
Speaker 1: This affect Tesla because obviously Tesla like make a lot of their cars in the States, they also make them in China.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I know it's weird because like and Elin and Trump are.
Speaker 2: Like, well, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think Elon saw what was happening, and he's committed to something like sixty million dollars a month to fund Trump's campaign, So I think he's hoping for a favorable outcome here. But I think realistically what will happen is they'll probably dial back those subsidies and I think that he will say you will only be allowed to sell vehicles if they're made in this country.
Speaker 2: So it'll be interesting.
Speaker 3: I think it's do you think it'll worked, Well, look at it this way. If you don't do it, you'll end up with what we have in Australia where you just cannot manufacture anything because it's insanely expensive and everything from China is cheaper.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's fine.
Speaker 3: For the Australian consumer, but ultimately you're going to get to a point where you just don't have a manufacturing industry. And the issue they have in the States is the automotive unions over there are so so powerful that you just cannot do anything without their endorsement. And Tesla is one of the few manufacturers that doesn't have unionism, so it means that they can get around some of these issues. But when these unions come in and just demand more and more money, it just becomes impossible to manufacture cars. So the only way around that is by saying to all these brands, you know, you will get hit with tariffs unless you manufacture here, and that, in theory, should spread out those jobs and make it more cost effective to manufacture cars in.
Speaker 2: The States.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there a isn't there A. Isn't there an American brand apart from Tesla that manufacturers in China?
Speaker 2: Oh there's there's heaps, There's heaps.
Speaker 3: So the difference though is Tesla was the first car brand that didn't have to have a JV with a Chinese company. So what I've heard from some sources is that when you're a manufacturer, like let's say Volkswagen, and you go to manufacturer in China and you have.
Speaker 2: Your JV, typically the JV is fifty or fifty.
Speaker 3: One percent owned by the Chinese company, and even though you have joint decision making, they pretty much call all the shots.
Speaker 2: So when you go, oh, look.
Speaker 3: We'd like to release this thing, and they go, I'm you sure about that, and you go no, no, that.
Speaker 2: Was a terrible idea. Kevin's fired.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think that this is you know, Tesla is one of the only ones that doesn't have that. But ultimately, you know, as we've seen, Chinese government has If you run a company in China, they have access to your information. Yeah, so I don't know how they get around that.
Speaker 1: But and the cameras in your phone and a lot of other things.
Speaker 2: No comment, they what they do.
Speaker 1: They have accessed to a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm sure many companies do.
Speaker 1: To have access to your TikTok account, I know what's going on and you snapchot.
Speaker 2: All the letters on the US.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think it is interesting times. If Trump gets in, I think we're going to see I can see that Silicon Valley is excited because he's he's his vice president is a tech businessman, so it's great news for the tech industry. He's talking up crypto, which is fantastic news for anyone in that industry.
Speaker 1: For you and me. But yeah, he took me n fts buy any chance.
Speaker 2: I look there naturally on the way out. It's like a penfolds gronge a.
Speaker 1: You can't even pronounce it. How do you pronounce it?
Speaker 2: You leave it in the cupboard.
Speaker 1: It will go up in value, even your young d NFTs.
Speaker 3: Unlikely but anyway, but yeah, look, I think that it is. It is interesting times and I can't wait to see what happens. If he gets in, you'll get in, you know you reckon?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course, of course I think Camala, Mala, Camilla. I'm sorry, I can't say her name. Kamala. No wait, sorry, no, I can't do it.
Speaker 3: Kamala, Come on, Kamala? Is it Kamela or Kamala camel tuck? Anyway, So another story that I thought was interesting. Actually two more, this one plus another one. Volkswagen owners are claiming that steeringwel buttons are causing crashes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Technology Publication ARS Technica reports that at least thirteen crashers crash reports have been filed in the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, many of which involve certain Volkswagen vehicles hitting objects while parking.
Speaker 1: You tried to tell them with the haptic touch, you tried to.
Speaker 2: I did, And this is the annoying thing.
Speaker 3: Every time we took one of their cars for a drive around the proving ground sports cars, my hands would be on fire. I'm like, what the fuck is going on here? And it was the heated steering wheel. It's the capacitive touch button was right on the edge, so you keep rolling onto it. And I think a lot of owners just struggle with using these correctly and they're basically phasing them out. They've gone back, right, yeah, but some cars still have still have the.
Speaker 1: Tig Is it the tig One's gone back? Yeah, tig one amrok yep. I think the new Golf eight point five Yeah, oh god, do you know what? They need to also stop the haptic touch of volume control, which wasn't that bad, but it was just like, guys, what are you doing? You don't need to do that? And they've got that have they got that in? They've got that in more than Volkswagen Skoda yep.
Speaker 3: So they are fixing that and it is actually exciting because Rivian and Volkswagen have signed like a five billion dollar deal for Rivian to supply the software stack for Volkswagen's future evs from twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Use yeah, something something.
Speaker 3: So that is exciting because it means that Volkswagen had a service called I think it was carryad.
Speaker 2: Basically it was an.
Speaker 3: Absolute disaster and it delayed a lot of Volkswagen's roll out of electric vehicles. And it just has to do with I listened to a podcast with r. J. Scrima, who is the CEO of Rivia and the founder, and you listened to some rivetings, but he was basically saying that their cars are different because you're plumbing everything through basically a central computing network, whereas currently with cars you have situations where you've got countless tens of CPUs that manage certain things. So he said, basically, if you wanted to make a change to the way that a driver's door opens when a driver grabs the handle or beeps or something like that in a traditional car, you'd basically have to have the computer that manages the door handle, the computer that manages the passive unlocked, the computer that manages the infotament system, the computer that manages the lights in the audio. You would have to make all of these changes. And because it's all sourced by third party suppliers. You basically have a headache to make all this stuff happen, whereas with Rivian, because it's all controlled by the one set of code, you're basically just making one change.
Speaker 1: Oh far out, that makes more sense, are you right? It's just in your pants. You're having a bit of a Biden moment. What's going mom? Mom?
Speaker 3: There was one where he was in there speaking and he goes, mom, so you stand up and she'd been dead for like ten or fifteen years.
Speaker 5: Really, my favorite was he was like, I'm just very proud to be like the first black vice president, Jesus Christ. Time to sit in that chair, Time to sit in the chair man, You've got cognitive decline.
Speaker 1: This is you really are worry now.
Speaker 3: This is not a political show. But he right at the end there it was just like what will he do next?
Speaker 2: Like us just a train wreck. But anyway, I loved her.
Speaker 1: I was having poo in a box. I don't know why, but just like poo in a box and.
Speaker 2: Just in the last one I wanted to quickly mention goes just this crazy.
Speaker 3: Story we ran on the site the other day. It was about this Ford Fairlane. It was zed El Fairlane. It's been left at a shopping center and let me just triple check with John's so Northcote Plaza down you alway, for over ten years it's been parked in the car park in the exact same spot.
Speaker 1: Now, is this a proper old like fairlane or is this a zed.
Speaker 3: L was in the eighties, late eighties, and it's been sitting there for that long, no regio plates, sort of dusty and all that sort of stuff. Basically, the reason it's been there was the former owner's son asked for the car park for the car to be left in the car park because it belonged to his father. And the father passed away and he had some sort of connection to that shopping center.
Speaker 1: What and what was he like a janator there or something?
Speaker 2: Sure, we worked there.
Speaker 3: So basically he passed away more than fifteen years ago and the car has been there the whole time, and management have basically come out and said, well, they're going to let the car stay there. Someone regularly cleans it and make sure it isn't sort of too damaged.
Speaker 1: I did someone in there is like a little tribute.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, father, Yeah, At the shopping like he loved this shopping center. Yeah, and I really can't be fucked moving this car.
Speaker 2: I think it's a nice feel good story, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So like it's like a little it's like a like a mureral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: They put like a little fountain or something around it. Maybe you can truck something. Coiner there, what happened? Let me get this right. So they leave the car there and people come to wash it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone cleans it, and so they open it up and it's just the outside, just the inside.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're finally coming around to the concept.
Speaker 1: Waste a fucking time. That was my inside voice. I'll change that. I feel like we're going to go in another six months, break.
Speaker 2: Everybody, if I don't die from whatever I got.
Speaker 1: What have you got there? Have you got a bit of COVID? No, I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 2: By the way, not real. So that was a joke, clearly, So please don't ride in.
Speaker 1: I say you're having sex with the COVID bat outside.
Speaker 2: A fish or monkey?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, it's definitely a bat. Was this a little present that your kid brought back from daycare?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Probably got that she goes around just licking things. I'm like, no, don't do that.
Speaker 1: She gets up from her dad, I'll stop.
Speaker 4: Does she.
Speaker 1: Um? Oh my goodness, speaking of oh my goodness, super usol terror you pass.
Speaker 2: Got to drive that? Yeah, lucky you. A few will ever drive one.
Speaker 1: The cousin of the TOYOTAZ four x b Z four x, which sounds like a fucking it sounds like a coffee order. Well, elon Musk's other kid. It's probably the older one, the older one blowing the long hair. keV stop at.
Speaker 2: Gen So Salteria reason. I think it's stupid, okay, And the Toyota isn't the toy.
Speaker 1: Wait can I pause? You really you think you're not a fan of that, but you're okay with the Toyota.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 3: With the Toyota, you can go from driving a Cambri to driving that and everything feels the same. It's got lots of buttons. It is just Toyota. It is then backed up by having an Australia wide dealer networks. You can charge it at any of the dealers and it's it's easy. It just is easy, right, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you could do that.
Speaker 3: That's the Subaru. It is like the Toyota, except without the dealer network and without it being like any other subar aside from the fact it's all will drive well.
Speaker 1: I mean it's their very first EV. I get what you're saying, like, does it still fit in the realm's?
Speaker 2: I just don't get why you would release it in Australia.
Speaker 3: So I think in sort of places like California where it feels good to be driving an EV, fine, whatever you can get away with it. There's lots of EV's, lots of charging in Australia where none of that's really developed.
Speaker 2: Why would you buy a super U of all EV's. I just it has.
Speaker 1: One feature that the Toyota doesn't have, and it's such an amazing feature. Do you know what this car can do? It can if you're like on grass or some sort of like loose gravel. Maybe you've got like a maybe you live on acreage with a big driveway. You can do sort of like a semi off roady cruise control with it.
Speaker 2: And you've got like a bushy landing streep.
Speaker 1: Little bushy bush you can just really cruise on the bush yep and you can't do that in the bee Z four.
Speaker 3: X, yes, because an EV doesn't belong like an EV like that does not belong anywhere near an.
Speaker 2: Off road like a bit of an off road vibe. It's just putting from the rough really, so to speak.
Speaker 1: You're not a fan. I didn't like. I don't. My feelings aren't as strong as yours. It was okay, it was like my thing was. It was fine because it technically did everything it sort of claimed to do. It was just fine. And I feel like the EV market is so saturated at the moment with good stuff, Like whether you like it or not, there's some heavy competition.
Speaker 2: It's expensive, why would you buy it?
Speaker 1: And well I sort of got confused as to this is going to be your debut EV and it's fine. Like I sort of think, if you're going to do this, you've got to bring your A game on. And I think Superu have missed the mark on that lately a lot.
Speaker 3: But you have a look at Suberu, right, You've got some of their products are just super ute. Forester is big, it's got lots of room, the outback is big. It's sort of you can do light of fighting and all that sort of stuff. WX is stupid, it's dead. No one really cares about that anymore. But with the EV, it just has nothing that is super u about it. Like, yes, it has all will drive, but big big deal. That's so easy to do in an EV. It just has no trademark Subaru stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they've tried to carry on the the looks a little bit, maybe that sort of.
Speaker 3: I think what they've done is they've gone, we have a free platform to work with with Toyota. What is the least amount of effort we can put into this to make it a super Oh I know, let's give it a cruise control for off road that no one will ever use.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're put in the least about of effort in this car.
Speaker 3: I would love to see an EV on the market, even your Genesis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they made the thing six Oh yeah, they've even got like the spinny thing in the middle. It looks different and it's the same platform, but they've gone to effort.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't think of any other platform E Tron and Tykwon they're just different cars. I can't think of any other platform that less effort has been put into making it unique.
Speaker 1: Mustang marquees. Pretty boring.
Speaker 2: No, but that's it's not shared with other Ford stuff. That's true. It is its own car.
Speaker 3: Like I can't think of any other shared platform where they have just put less effort in.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, yeah, actually that's a good point.
Speaker 2: There's there's heaps of vs Ye platforms.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well look you might have a point, very harsh. What's wrong? Are you grumpy? You know what I think it is? You haven't eaten chumps, I haven't haven't eaten soon in your belly and you need a tummy rub and you need a bit of a ride in the genusis hey? Before we wrap this sacker up, tell me one quick thing. You are looking forward to driving.
Speaker 2: I am going on a top secret mission.
Speaker 1: Is that why you're wearing a fake mustache?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Shades?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: So next time we talk on the podcast, I will have seen I will have seen a very special big SUV that everyone is waiting for. Seven cedar, yes, and eight Cedar and it's an SUV that did once have a V eight but no longer. Will don't guess it because I'm not allowed to say what it is.
Speaker 1: But have we talked about their brand recently?
Speaker 3: Yes, it would be on the next show, so I'm very very excited for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we're just trying to think how I could dole up this one. There is a car that I will be driving next week and it is a new car to Australia current General, new brand to Australia as well, and rival is one of the greatest selling cars in this country.
Speaker 2: I'm confused.
Speaker 1: Really, would you like a clue?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, Contact at the Drivers Show dot com today. See if you can guess Gordy's in mine, because I still don't know.
Speaker 2: What yours is. Actually a clue is okay? Don't tell me though?
Speaker 1: Do you want to, I'll give you an audio clue.
Speaker 2: You ready.
Speaker 1: Stop it? Do you know what that is? I did the flaps and everything that is going to make it, that's going to make it amazing real?
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, do you know what that could be? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. There's six of them.
Speaker 2: Anyway, jeez, gaggle.
Speaker 3: Anyway, contact us the Drivers Show dot com today if you can guess what is up?
Speaker 1: You can tell This episode didn't have as much planning as the last one.