Speaker 1: Hihart podcasts.
Speaker 2: Here more Kiss Podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: A good Pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura.
Speaker 2: Burn Bady your work, our windows downe, that's my worries in the dust.
Speaker 3: Only good tabs are all down. I've done much now, but you I know our big get and what I want. It don't matter where RAD goes.
Speaker 2: This is the pick up you're listening to the Pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burne.
Speaker 1: Hi everyone, Hey guys, Happy Thursday.
Speaker 2: Happy Thursday for some except for my poor husband Matthew Johnson.
Speaker 3: Do you know what he did?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Actually literally this morning. But I just got a call about an hour ago.
Speaker 3: What do I want to know?
Speaker 2: So Marley's been in vacation care for some of our school holiday time, and we're gonna call from vacation care.
Speaker 3: Mind you, Marley's in kindergarten, She's been going to kindergarten for full half a.
Speaker 2: Year now, and vacation care is part of school, right, so it's the same company. It's after school care, same rules apply.
Speaker 3: During vacation care.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, got a call from the lovely people who take care of my child to ask us why we've sent her to school with peanut butter sandwiches.
Speaker 3: Matt just assumed.
Speaker 2: He assumed that the rules don't apply during vacation care. Yeah, and he sent her to school with peanuts where there are children who are anaphyletics. So now I feel like I've been accused of trying to kill some kids off.
Speaker 3: Well, to be.
Speaker 1: Fair, you could have very well killed some kids off.
Speaker 2: No, they do check their lunch. Do you know what I did realize once? It took me a while to get to that point. I think I spoke about on the show. I didn't realize that Natella was actually I just didn't think about it. I know it's very obviously in the name, but I sent Molly to school several times with Natella and it wasn't until I got a phone call that they were like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I do remember that. That's why this makes it worse for Matt, because you guys have done it before.
Speaker 2: It is time for something we do every Thursday, and that is ask Guncut. It has become as staple of our podcast Life Uncut, and it's where you guys call in with your deep You're dark and your questions, and even though we are completely unqualified, we do our best answer them.
Speaker 3: We have it.
Speaker 1: Emily on the phone.
Speaker 3: Hey Emily, Hi Emily, what's the problem?
Speaker 4: Hi guys. Okay, So, basically, there was a guy I dated, maybe like three or four years ago. We were quite serious, but like we never like were boyfriend and girlfriend, and due to like careers and stuff in the sense that, like I work a normal job and he would work weird hours, it just never eventuated and my work took me other places. Anyways, I just have never been able to stop thinking about him, Like you think.
Speaker 3: He's kind of the one that got away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the worst bit about it is I'm never one to like I'm such a girl's girl, right, Like I would never do anything. But he has a girlfriend now and they've been together for a year, and I thought it would just go away, but it's not.
Speaker 1: Have you dated other people and then it just doesn't feel right? Are you in a relationship now? Doesn't feel right.
Speaker 4: I have dated other people in the past, I have had a relationship in those three to four years, and yeah, I was still thinking about him.
Speaker 1: Do you have any contact with him?
Speaker 4: This is so bad? I do swear, I swear such a girl's girl, Like I would never move in on him, but we still chat yeah here in there about like whatever's happening in the world, and like things I know he likes.
Speaker 3: Okay, so does he I know he likes.
Speaker 2: Does he ever give you the indication like, does he ever overstep the mark? Or is he giving you the indication that like, had it been different, he would have wanted it to work out.
Speaker 4: So basically, back in October, we had like a drunk phone call and he was in a relationship at this time, and he said, oh, like we just didn't work out because our life paths didn't go that way. And he still thinks of me nicely. But he tells his partner everything, and he's completely open with her and trusting with her. And I would never do anything to her a relationship or I wouldn't even like let him do something to affect that, because I know what that could mean if I were to get in a relationship with him and stuff.
Speaker 2: By that, Emily, I know what I mean, Yes I do, But I also just think that sometimes the fantasy is better than the real life. Like I think that you can build it up in your head and be like, he's the one that's got away. If we had another chance, maybe he's my person.
Speaker 1: But sometimes they do get away.
Speaker 3: But he's not your person.
Speaker 2: He's got a girlfriend, so if he wanted to be your person, he would free up. He's a calendar that he hasn't done that, and he's definitely stayed committed in a relationship.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I kind of think there isn't much that you can do. And I don't know if I would be putting myself in the firing line of telling him how I feel when he's in a relationship, for it doesn't agree with me, for it's looking at me like she's.
Speaker 3: The message just doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying that doesn't happen often. I genuinely don't know what to tell you, because I am like a quite a romantic and I like the idea of like I I do believe that there can be right people for each other at wrong times, like I know people wherever that's happened.
Speaker 3: I believe in that.
Speaker 1: I do believe in going after what she want, but obviously within reason. I don't mean that about like being a homewreck and breaking up relationships but it's if you genuinely believe someone is the one that makes me be Like, if he was in a relationship, I'd be like turn up to his house, like tell him. If he says he's not interested, it's fine, move on. At least you know that and you can put it to bed. This is what I think he do. It's wrong to try and break up a relationship, is wrong to do the wrong thing and emotionally cheat and cheat and things like that. You are well, I'm just saying she has not stopped thinking about him. She loves him, she thinks he's the one.
Speaker 3: This is what I would say, get a dog.
Speaker 1: No, I would say, hey, really, honestly, I don't think we can maintain this friendship anymore. I still have feelings for you, so I don't think it's right, and I'm going to do the right thing by your relationship and me. That way, you are being a good person and pulling back. As long as you commit to pulling back, You've also let him know why, which is like, my feelings are still there. Then he can go and do.
Speaker 3: With it what he will.
Speaker 1: He'll either feel nothing for you and say like I understand and get on with your life, or he'll be like, wow, I've always felt the same way and didn't think she did, and then something problem.
Speaker 2: Okay, The problem I have with it is that no matter what you do, even if you do throw that out there and he goes and turns around and says like, oh, now I have confused feelings. The amount of like back and forth because no one's going to receive that information and then instantly go, you know what, I have those feelings for you too. I'm going to break up with my girlfriend, move out of the house, and then we can start a consensual relationship together.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to cheat. I'm going to be a stand up guy.
Speaker 2: There's nowhere in between except for it to either be he agrees, and then there's cheating for him to like get the validation that he needs in order to leave the relationship. He's not going to from a one line of you saying he's still got feelings, break up with his current girlfriend and move out of the house they live in. He's going to need way more validation, which just means you're putting yourself in a drama filled unnecessary relationship with someone who has got a relationship and I just think you don't need this in your life.
Speaker 1: She does need him in his life when he's her penguin.
Speaker 2: No, there's more than one person for everyone. You meet someone else, Emily, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Whose advice you're taking? Laurs on?
Speaker 2: Mine?
Speaker 4: Part of me is still like do I just suffer in silence?
Speaker 2: Just keep waiting, don't keep waiting, Just don't wait, Emily, date other people I have?
Speaker 4: I have none of them.
Speaker 3: Oh, Emily, I do not envy you.
Speaker 2: Good luck with this, and make sure you us a call back and tell us how it all goes.
Speaker 4: I will, Thanks, guys, Thanks Emily.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure some of you know if you listen to the show, but it might be used to anyone who's new. I am currently pregnant with my third baby, and let me tell you, third pregnancy is a whole different kettle of fish to the first one, and the second one just.
Speaker 1: Like doesn't even touch the sides.
Speaker 3: Really for you, does it?
Speaker 1: Well? That?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the baby's just gonna shoot straight out.
Speaker 3: Isn't even gonna have any resistance. No, I no, I didn't mean. I don't mean you're loose when you said it. No, I meant life doesn't watch the size. I was like, I can put your legs in steir it to shoot it out.
Speaker 1: I menage him, like it HiT's different, Like again, that could be taking the wrong way.
Speaker 3: It is going to touch the sides on the way out. I mean it.
Speaker 1: He's different, Like you're less involved in Like you're like, it'll come in nine months because you've done it twice and you're busy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look and love that. You were like, no, I still will touch people.
Speaker 2: I was like, one can only hope that it does still touch the size as it comes out. But anyway, look, it is very different. And I say this because I feel like this pregnancy has just completely gotten away from me. And sometimes I feel pretty good since I've gotten my refleux under.
Speaker 3: Control that I often actually just forget that I'm pregnant, and I forget you're pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, until I get Britt was talking about just how we should do this morning. She was like, Oh, we should really do this, like you do a big party at the end of the year, like a show party, and we'll invite all our listeners and we can do it on a boat. And I was like, I'll have a six week old baby. But she sounds good. And I was like, what completely blanked that I was having a kid. But anyway, look, every so often I get a reminder like I'll get a massive thump to the uterus because I'll get a big, solid kick, and I'm I'm well passed halfway now. I think I'm about twenty five weeks. And I just the other day discovered that I've hit a part of pregnancy or a new stage that I never got to in my first or second and it was incredibly humbling. So we were all in the office having a little dance. We were filming some content, and part of that was that we had to, like, you know, really kind of get into this dance that we were doing.
Speaker 3: And I did.
Speaker 2: I was really channelling my nineteen year old self being at the nightclubs. And I dropped it like it's hot, and I did a liberated woman.
Speaker 3: Drop, I live my best life drop, and I got to the bottom of that drop. I got low and I got low. I got low, I got low, and then I pissed my pants at the bottom of bottom Jean.
Speaker 2: It was I didn't and no, I'm not just talking about tiny bit of bladder leakage. I got to the bottom of that drop and I fully wet myself. Well maybe it won't, Cutch the scientist. This just got to shoot right in and there was something incredibly I don't even want to say humbling, because I know I've said that, but it was just humiliating having to stop and like, sorry everybody, I have to go to the bathroom. And now the problem is is like I don't know whether I did damage, or whether I've just set things off, or this kid is.
Speaker 3: Just on my bladder in a way that it shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need damage in your liberated woman drop because it's just it's part and parcel right third pregnancy.
Speaker 2: Potentially, but it had never happened prior. And now if I cough too hard, if I sneeze too hard, yeah, it's just it's become part of my everyday staple.
Speaker 3: You're not alone, Laura.
Speaker 1: There are some pretty high statistics on women that having continence. It's I don't want you to be embarrassed. We all pretended it didn't happen. We all turned a blind eye, and I even spilt my water bottle to try and cover.
Speaker 3: And someone mopped up the puddle.
Speaker 1: So someone said, what is this and I said, sorry, clumsy me again, I spilled.
Speaker 3: It's my lime cordial juice. Apologies.
Speaker 1: You know why I think I forget you're pregnant is because on the rare occasions I do remember, I try and feel it moving, and you're like, oh, it's so movie. Every time I go and try and touch it, it just freezes, like it doesn't want to move for me, I think it knows.
Speaker 3: It's because you're very aggressive anytime you come over. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like just before this is literally just before we started the show, I was like, oh, the baby's kicking. Heaps come and feel and Brick came over and she didn't stick her hand on my belly.
Speaker 3: She gave me an alf a caut You just you don't rest your hand, you like really get in there.
Speaker 1: And then had to sort of poke it to make it move.
Speaker 3: Do you not. I'm still trying to like feel it out.
Speaker 2: And then Britt says, oh, don't worry, I have a technique to get it to move. She lifts up my shirt and gives me a raspberry on my stomach.
Speaker 3: I'm a full grown woman having my third.
Speaker 2: Baby, and I don't think I've had a raspberry.
Speaker 3: In a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Fifteen years, No, fifteen years, twenty five.
Speaker 3: Years, A long time, you're well, long time, you're welcome. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: It is a trick that you are supposed to do like it must be like the vibrations or something like when you do a raspberry it makes it tickle or something.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that for a while.
Speaker 2: Second, I don't believe that giving someone a raspberry makes a baby move in their belly.
Speaker 3: Here we go. No, actually, I stand correction.
Speaker 1: No, blowing raspberries on a pregnant belly is unlikely to do anything. There you go. Well, I just treated you to a little little raspberry for your for your Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Well, I stand corrected. I've been raspberry and a lot of pregnant women. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. You're living your learning. I'm mind blown.
Speaker 2: I'm really mind blown.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Laura, because you don't have to apply. Okay, Well, after the break, let's just.
Speaker 1: Really get out of here, because I feel really embarrassed and all.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Last weekend it was my oldest daughter, Marley May. It was her six year birthday party.
Speaker 3: Six years.
Speaker 4: Just what it is?
Speaker 3: Six six. It's her sixth year. I'm just six on the planet. Yeah, she was six.
Speaker 2: We had a birthday party for her and we had a pinata. I think the pinadas are just like the most staple kid's birthday party. If you need something to do that's going to tie them over for ten minutes, and you also want to get all all these out of your own house. You stuff at Pinada, you hang it up and you let the kids whack.
Speaker 3: It for a while. I'm a pinard A super fan. I'm not gonna lie. You're a Pinada super fan.
Speaker 1: Every year. I pinada once a year.
Speaker 3: People. People don't know this about me.
Speaker 1: I am a secret pinata just by yourself or Pinada. It is my family's Christmas tradition since literally there's not a year we don't have a photo since we were like.
Speaker 3: Three years old.
Speaker 1: Like our whole family, all my cousins and Narnie's and everyone, Pinarda is every single Christmas.
Speaker 3: So I posted it on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Right there was a couple of photos from the birthday party that I put up and I posted one of my stories on Instagram. I never realized that pinadas were controversial. I didn't know this well, apparently they are. And the reason why I say this is because not you, I mean sorry, people like just have some fun, let's go home. No, there was quite a few people in my DMS who Firstly, the question was raised around the violence of pinadas. There was also questions about you're.
Speaker 4: Trying to get a lolly.
Speaker 3: You're getting a lolly. I'm sorry, I can't even I'm going to go home. I can't even listen. It is okay. Let me let me explain to you when it was raised.
Speaker 2: Firstly, I did read one of these comments that was sent to me and I was a bit like, oh, I see your point, but I think it's a stretch.
Speaker 3: So we always talk to our kids about not being.
Speaker 2: Violent, right about like never hit things, don't hit people, don't throw your toys, like behave in a way that's showing kindness, I guess, and that's the thing that you always try and uphold with your children. And then at birthday parties or once a year, apparently if you're Brittany Hockley, you get your kid's favorite thing, like what's their most favorite thing in the entire world world a unicorn, Let's stuff it, let's fist it with lollies and then give it a noose and hang it up by the neck and get all the kids in the line to smack it with a pole. Now, this person was so, I know, I know, I know, and I agree with you. I was like, guys, I think that we've gone too far. The PC police need to calm down. However, someone then sent to me that there are a type of pinnata called a no hit pinada.
Speaker 3: So it's a pinada that's been.
Speaker 2: Specifically the parents who want to have no violence. It's not violent, wait for it, and it comes with all these strings in the belly, and so it's kind of like a lucky dip. So it's got all these different strings that hang down from it. And the little kids go and they pull a string, and then that one didn't do anything.
Speaker 3: Another pull a string.
Speaker 2: That one didn't do anything, And if you get the right string, you go boom, and then the belly of the unicorn opens up and all the lollies rain down and the kids downing underneath.
Speaker 3: Fun does it? No? No kid wants to pull a string. Guys.
Speaker 1: I'm all for being progressive, but this is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Like, just okay, hear me out.
Speaker 1: You don't have to have a unicorn. Why don't you get a criminal a pinata in the shape of a house and call it renovation. Teach your kids young, we're knocking the house down, we're gonna rebuild.
Speaker 3: It's an episode of the block.
Speaker 1: It's not violent. You're literally trying to have fun to It's like like playing baseball.
Speaker 2: You're swinging about what we're gonna not play baseball?
Speaker 1: Like, what's the problem here? Stop taking away all fun from the kids.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you heard it here first. Britney's against it.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving I can see that, and no one, no one's ever gonna ask you to. I will never ever give you a no hit pinada.
Speaker 3: Don't.
Speaker 2: I can't even believe they exist. Look, and I'm on your side with this. I got the messages and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, surely now you'll be shocked at how extreme we are with our pinada.
Speaker 3: We no Pritty's got a pinata tattoo. No wait to hear this.
Speaker 1: We've always had multiple pinadas. We make them, and we make them at different levels. My grandpa used to make them so hard that the adults would have like baseball bats that couldn't crack them because He thought it was hilarious to make it out of like proper cement and stuff. So we would have like easy pinadas for the little kids, would have different levels to ensure that everyone at our Christmas party got a pinada. We built Pulley systems. They're on Pulley systems over the poles and stuff like we take pinata ing. So seriously, I didn't realize that this was Yeah, so I'm propria I don't know.
Speaker 2: That I was going up against someone who was a fully invested pinada person.
Speaker 1: Muld be one of my best friends, Laura.
Speaker 3: Anyways,