Speaker 1: Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura and I'm Britney.
Speaker 1: And today today we have a very very special episode for you. Now, Laura, you actually say this every week, today's a special app, but today actually is a special app.
Speaker 2: It is a special ap.
Speaker 1: Why because we're talking about Britney. So, as you all know, Paradise Paradise episode last night, Brittany went home.
Speaker 2: It was a bit weird.
Speaker 1: We're going to get into it, but we decided that today we're going to not do any acciently unfiltered. We're not going to do any ask guncuts because we're recording this episode at nine point thirty pm and we are here.
Speaker 2: In my bedroom bla la la la in the studio.
Speaker 3: I mean, and we really thought we'd bring you an episode that is all about BRIT's experience in Paradise, what is happening now in her life, where she's at, so that you can get your story across.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and you guys, I appreciate your patience.
Speaker 1: You guys have waited a very very long time for me to be able to openly speak about my life and what's been going on. So I appreciate that obviously there is a lot to talk about and we will get into it. And everyone's been so patient with the lack of dating stories that you've brought to this podcast, because from the very beginning, that was your one fucking job. But that was what we just meant when I said, you guys my patient, that's literally what, man? Where do we start? I actually thought, I'm like, Laura and I were just talking and now Laura obviously knows everything, and we look at each other and we're like, how do we even do this? Like there's so much to get through and so many weird things. I mean, how weird was that exit? Oh?
Speaker 2: Like, jump straight to the end.
Speaker 1: How weird was that? I'm still like, what the fuck? Like, why did no one say goodbye? Why didn't you tell anyone that why you were leaving? Why did you just walk out?
Speaker 3: Why did Tim just say hey, I want to leave and you're like, okay, let's go. I was a three second conversation, which I'm going to take a guess that there was more to it than that. But let's like rewind to probably the first and most important question that I think everyone would want to know.
Speaker 2: Are you still with Tim?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I am not with Tim. Do you want to start there with what happened? Let's just start day one. Okay, Go, you take the bike. You're supposed to be an interview on you talk. I'll sit here. This is a great therapy session for me.
Speaker 1: I guess one of the big questions we had that came in was, I mean Tim and I got together on day one, and people are sort of like, didn't see that coming, and everyone wanted to know why and what it was and what the attraction was there, because obviously I think, I mean, yes, we are very very polar opposite humans. And to be honest, I had never dated anyone like Tim never ever, didn't ever think I would. But what I look for in someone, what I always have. It was the same thing with Nick was humor. Someone that makes me laugh and he's just silly, it doesn't take life seriously, and someone that makes me feel good. And Tim was that from day one. I was just constantly in hysterics and that wasn't shown a lot, but that was my initial attraction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, we all know how much you.
Speaker 1: Like a red flag fucking love. I think he had a red hat on red shorts on day one and I was like, that's like a moster a flame adam, Okay, but like jokes aside, How are you feeling now? Also, I do want to say that the way I deal with a lot of things, and you probably know this by now, but it is laughter and humor, So I might joke a lot, but like my heart hurts.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling now about everything now? But like now that you can talk openly, now that you can kind of tell your story, now that you're no longer having to live in this purgatory or limbo about where your life is at and whether you're with him or not with him, or what's happening, how are you feeling.
Speaker 1: Straight up relief? I'm just so relieved. It has been nine or ten months, which is such a long time to be in this in purgatory, like you said, just to be in limbo, not being able to publicly date and not being able to tell everyone in your life what's actually really going on. You just feel like this sense of responsibility because you sign your life away. I'm just so relieved that I can get my life back on trop Tell me how long does the actual filming of Bachelor and Paradise go for the filming from day dot to the end. The filming from the beginning to the end. Literally the whole thing is just under a month. It is so short, like The Bachelor's three and a half months Paradise one month max.
Speaker 2: And how many weeks were you in there?
Speaker 1: So I left about three and a half weeks, so only a few days I guess before the end, which in the grand scheme of things, when you think about it, like three and a half weeks is such a short period of time to be dating someone and to be getting to know someone. And we opened up said, like yesterday I put a thing up on our Life on cut podcast Instagram page and asked you guys, what questions you have for Britain? What you want to know about the mechanics of how the show works, and also just like her experience on the show. And one of the main questions that we got that kept on coming up time and time again was people asking like, what was it that you saw in Tim when it's so obvious to the viewer that he was behaving so badly and he was stirring the pot and kind of just being a little trouble maker, Like what, like, how did you overlook that, and why didn't you see that at the time. I totally get where that question comes from. After watching, after living it for three and a half weeks, and now watching the edit back, I can I get that question one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I would be asking the same question. I think. What's really hard to understand, but really important.
Speaker 1: To understand, is that we filmed twenty four hours a day day and you guys have shown an hour max of fifteen people, So you're seeing that. You're seeing like fifteen minutes worth of day's worth of filming of someone. And Tim definitely is a shit stirer, and he definitely ruffled some feathers, and he had some behavior that was very questionable. He had behavior I was really unimpressed with. But the things you didn't see were some really sweet moments with us on our own him making a lot of people laugh and still feel good. But you have to remember too that you guys have seen a lot of the conversations that the boys have together that are quite toxic and quite horrible, and you have to remember that I don't see those. That's just the boys off talking together. So I don't see most of what you see. I didn't see the extent.
Speaker 2: Of what was going on.
Speaker 1: I didn't see the conversations behind closed doors and the conversations between the boys.
Speaker 2: I didn't see it.
Speaker 1: I saw snippets in a group where you know, he got angry in the fight, where all the boys did. But from what I know actually happened, that was equal between all the boys. That was not one person that started anything. It was just a big build up and everybody imploded. So I guess that's how it happened. A lot of people just think that he was like that twenty four to seven, and how could I be with someone like that?
Speaker 2: But there were definitely some nice moments.
Speaker 3: But also I think what people don't realize is this idea, like when we watch the show back as a viewer, you get this real three sixty view of what's happening. You see contestants when they're on their own with their friends, when they're with their partner, you see and you get to really get this insight into all aspects of them and three sixty degree of their personality. But when you're in it, it's like you only still see what you're exposed to, what you actually experienced one on one with that person. But then in such a short timeframe. I think we've all been guilty of this. When you've dated someone for only three weeks, it takes that long to actually start to see the things that are the red flags. Sometimes red flag can be diluted by the fact that they're also doing really nice things throughout the day as well, so you kind of forgive that first one and forgive that second one, and then eventually you're like, who the fuck am I the so many red flags here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're in paradise, so we would spend hours.
Speaker 2: On paddleboards and having fun and.
Speaker 1: Having really cute, sweet little moments and all of us playing volleyball together. And it's the honeymoon phase on steroids. That's what paradise is. It's the honeymoon phase on steroids. And it's also like obviously drama phase on steroids.
Speaker 2: And then there's single beds as well, which is every skid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it make sleep me hard, but it's yeah, it's a different world everything. It's like The Bachelor, same thing, you know, how heated it gets and how driven and sped up everything is. It's like three months on the Bachelor, it's like dating somebody for a year, it's like it's very intense and emotions flying being in that environment. And I know obviously from Matt and Night it's a complete pressure cooker. Like in our season, like it's three and a half months of filming Max, so we'd been a not each other for three and a half months, and at the end of it, you're in love with someone, like genuinely in love with someone, Like those feelings aren't manufactured, I think for you know, we're definitely not for the couples who have ended up long term together with being married and having kids and whatnot. But it just really like condenses those feelings down and reduces it down, and so you you just end up having this really intense and euphoric relationship when you're in that environment. It's really sad, Like, oh, it's just really hard to explain this story because I feel like I'm going to be jumping forward and back all the time. There's so much I want to say, but it's really I found it really sad, and I'm really disappointed with what were shown of Tim and I because we were the strongest couple on there for sure during the show. We were together from day one, and they didn't show it. They did not show any of their story, didn't show all the really sweet moments. They really just showed a lot of the drama, which I found really disappointing because at the end of the day, it's supposed to be a show about people finding love and being happy and that just wasn't shown. Yeah, I guess I'm a bit sad that, finally on a show, I did find some happiness, And sure you didn't get to see it.
Speaker 2: So what happened when you left Paradise? There was a lot you did not see.
Speaker 1: That was the strangest exit, Like why did anyone even ask where we went?
Speaker 3: Literally, you guys walked out and nobody even was like, hey, where's Tim and Brittany, Which is what led me to think instantly, and like, I obviously we've spoken about it now, but which is what led me instantly to think that that's not the ending, Like there had to have been more to it that didn't make sense from like an edit and production perspective, that they had to sniff it and reduce it down. So I think anybody watching that felt it was bizarre. And I know from our Facebook group chat that every single person who was commenting on last night's thread was like, what the fuck was that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my whole inbox is I'm so perplexed, Like, I don't get what just happened. You just ghosted everybody, like literally I single person in Paradise. Hi Josh's message and he's like, I love how you just walked out of Paradise and you've never seen it again. No one asked where you were. What Lowen says anything. No one says goodbye. And it's true.
Speaker 3: It was the strangest ending that Paradise has ever had taught me through what happened when you left Paradise and you and Tim were like, bla la la, we love each other, let's be together.
Speaker 1: What happened firstly, when we did leave, the ending was very, very different, and obviously a lot more went on, and Channel ten that's what they've decided.
Speaker 2: They've just decided to.
Speaker 1: Show a snippet of us leaving happily, which you know, at the end of the day, Tim did ask me to leave. He didn't want to be there anymore. And at the end of the day they're making the TV show. Yeah, and I did. He said he wanted to leave, and I never questioned that to be honest, I could tell that this environment was not right for him anymore.
Speaker 2: That environment was not right for me. It was so toxic.
Speaker 1: And I think that's why you never really saw me on there, because I would just like scurry awayne put my head in the sound like an ostriach every time this drama came out, which was every day, so I just.
Speaker 2: Everyone every day was like, hey, where were you last night? I was like, who knows? You're Like, how I wasn't there sipping to martini by the pool, babe.
Speaker 1: When we left Tim, Tim was lovely and saying all the right things. He was always very sweet to me in the show. For the majority of the time anyway. He was like, you're my right or die. I can't wait to have this relationship with you, and like We're going to do so many amazing things together. You're the best thing I've ever come across. You know. He just thought I was the ants pants, and I just thought he was great as well, because he just made me laugh so much. And I really, really from the bottom of my heart, thought, wow, like this is it. I found someone that makes me really happy, and I found someone that really wants to be with me, and I believed everything he ever said to me. It turns out that I feel like everything he ever said to me was not true. I don't want to say a lie. I don't think that's the right word, but I think it was exaggerated. I think he was exaggerating those feelings. And I say that because it was pretty horrific time after the show. To be completely honest, we only really saw each other at one time for about five days.
Speaker 2: We visited. He visited me straight after the show.
Speaker 1: We went and met his family, and I say, to his family, he met my family, like.
Speaker 2: All my family.
Speaker 1: I'm talking like, oh, cousins and everything. This is Christmas time, Christmas party, so like it was a baptism for five baby, imagine me, but like fifty of me was there and he was like, who's this scaley wag you brought in?
Speaker 2: Exactly. Everyone was a bit perplexed. Everyone was like, who is this guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's really hard to say because I don't want to. I'm not going to go into deep detail because there are some things that should stay between two people, for sure, But I think to put it lightly and to sum it up, Tim was a very different person outside of Paradise to who he was in Paradise and everything he said to me, the way he made me feel, the way he was speaking, the things he promised me, none of that translated to the outside world none. And I was so gobsmacked at the person that he became. The second we walked outside of those doors. It was just like I was talking to a different person.
Speaker 3: And then how did it end up resolving? Like how did you guys end up not being together? Like was that your call?
Speaker 2: Was that? His call?
Speaker 3: Was it in this five days? Like how soon after paradise did you guys call it quits?
Speaker 2: I guess no.
Speaker 1: One actually really called it. So basically, he just wanted to party. He in no way wanted to be in a relationship with anyone. He wanted to party hard, and he just didn't want anyone around. So I was there with him and he basically just left me alone. And when partied hard. Again, I'm not going to go into detail, but he just didn't come home one night and I was there with him, and that's it. So I didn't know where he was, he.
Speaker 2: Didn't contact me, nothing like, nothing like that.
Speaker 1: And then the next day we just had this really big argument and I said, is this who you are? I was he'd done a few times that week, like just had just gone out and gone hard. And I just said, is this who you are? Because this isn't the person that This isn't the person that I signed up for. And you're not the person that you were showing me, and you're not doing any things you said you want to do, and you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, words and actions are kind of not really aligned here, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we had this big fight. We'll not a fight, but I was just so because I don't fight, but I was just really beside myself. I was in tears, and I just thought, how could I have waited eight years to find someone to finally open up to and love and be with and be vulnerable with. And this is who it is and this is how you're treating me. I was like, I have not waited this long to be walked all over. So I said, I can't be with someone like this. If you're if you want to be with me, you need to step up and you can't do this and you've got to treat me with some respect. And he basically just said no. He said, no, I can't. This is what I this is what I am and I'm not in a place to be with you, And I'm like, why did you ask me five days ago? So leave paradise with you? Because all you want to do is be with me, and you can't imagine life without me. Five days earlier, none of I just felt like none of it was real. I felt like it was just a big trick.
Speaker 3: How do you feel now, especially like watching it all back, like that's.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like, I love you, Britt, and I know how hard this has been in the last couple of weeks and months, and I know that, Like now there is this relief of being able to talk about it, but there is also this like feeling of what, Like how the fuck did I put up with that? Like how did that even happen? What am I doing? But how do you feel now that it's put to bed a little bit?
Speaker 2: I remember it leaving him.
Speaker 1: I remember having this argument and getting in my car and being like, I have to drive back to Sydney then right now. I cried the whole way back. And I'm everyone that knows me knows I'm not overly emotional the majority of the time, but I really just thought that this was my happy ending, and I was just so hurt that I felt like I'd been lied to and I felt like the wool had been pulled over my eyes, and I felt like I'd finally opened up to someone that just didn't have an ounce of respect for me. I cried all the way back to Sydney, and then I'm not kidding, I don't think I ever heard from him again. That's it.
Speaker 2: So I didn't.
Speaker 1: I just came back and was really upset, and I thought, okay, let's just have a few days to cool down, you know, because I'm big on not sending a message or anything when you're mad.
Speaker 2: So I wrote to him and I just I basically, you.
Speaker 1: Know, when you go through like a breakup of sorts, you still don't see what's actually in front of your eyes.
Speaker 2: And you still trying to make excuses, and you still want a.
Speaker 1: Person in your life, like I really loved having to him in my life, and I liked the way he made me feel on the show, and I missed that feeling and I missed that and I thought, Okay, maybe we'll stay friends and we'll see.
Speaker 2: Where it goes down the track.
Speaker 1: So I messaged him and still just said like, if you're going through a hard time, know that I'm always here for you and be really great. You know, we've been through so much together, and really great if we stay in contact and we're friends and see what happens. And he just didn't write back because I'd just never heard it from him again until literally the day the show started. Nothing not a thing now zero. Branni got ghosted hard, like hard and for no reason, like I just I can't even you could give me a million dollars to tell you a reason why he would have done that to me, and there's nothing. So yeah, I didn't hear from him until like recently when the show started, and he explained some things to me, and he just said he didn't know how to handle everything. He didn't know how to He'd just come off Angie season of a Bachelor, where he was dumped basically straight onto Paradise, thrown into this world he hadn't had been exposed to before, so all of a sudden, the limelight was on him. He went straight from there to dating me, and he said he just didn't know how to handle that. And then when we got into the real world, obviously it's a secret, like you can't date in public, you can't go out, you can't go get a coffee, you can't be seen together. And Tim's very recognizable, so it's not like you can just sneak down the road. And he just said he just didn't handle it well, he didn't know what to do with it. It all got too much and he has since apologized. Now, after all this, Simon said that he never wanted to hurt me and everything like that. So I do want to say we had some really, really great times on the show, and Tim does have a soft side as well, and unfortunately that side wasn't really shown. That's unfortunate for him because he does have some really good moments, but he just has a lot of growing up to do, and I think that's what we've seen.
Speaker 3: Obviously, he came off the back of the Andrew season and like Tim was the sweetheart of Andrew season, like everybody was rooting for him, and I think that then it must be now, especially with how this season has panned out, that there has been a real flip and there's definitely been some backlash towards his behavior and also Kieran's behavior on the show and how they've done the whole bro code thing in Kieran and Tim's defense. From what I've seen, they've never come out on their social media and been like it's it's a bad edit and blame the edit. But there has been loads of people, not just from Paradise but also from Batch series in general who have blamed the edit for how they've been portrayed. What is your opinion on this whole edit and like, is it a little bit from Colin A, a little bit from Colin B. Or is it producers making good people look bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Look, it's a really hard one because obviously, obviously people production can edit people. They can take snippets of conversations and put them in construct sentences basically to make you look like you've said something. It's called frank embarding people or frank and barting.
Speaker 2: They do do that.
Speaker 1: But you can't completely make someone's whole storyline like say the villain. You can't make a whole storyline of someone being a villain if they don't have that in them, or they do haven't said some of these things, because they've got to have sat it and they've got to have done these things.
Speaker 2: And it's like I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Ever shown to do anything say anything nasty because I just don't say anything nasty, so they can't even construct a sentence. So I think for the particular season, I think a lot of people's edit has been pretty accurate, to be honest, a lot of it's exaggerated. It's these people exaggerated for sure, Like I don't think any of them are as bad as what they've been made out to be. What happens is, I think I just said this before. So you see these bits where people are being nasty or this toxic masculinity or bullying or you see that, right, if you just saw them do one thing, you'd be like, oh, that sucks. They shouldn't have said that. But then if the rest of the edit was showing them being funny and nice and sweet, you don't remember it. What's happened on this season is that these people are only being shown so like Tim and Kieran for example, Don't get me wrong, what they've done and said has been pretty horrible, but they haven't shown any other part of them, which they do have some really great parts to them, both of them.
Speaker 2: It's just that you're getting a diluted version.
Speaker 1: You're getting really warded down and you're getting the tiniest, tiniest little piece.
Speaker 3: It almost makes like a character one dimensional. It stops them from being a person and they're you know, multifaceted who behave in all different ways and say all different things. It makes them at cast.
Speaker 1: To a role like you're a villain, you're the sweetheart, you're this person. I've always said as well, like from my experience, that they don't create villains, and they don't create bitchiness, Like the bitchiness is there, the villains are there. They just amplify a person's personality. So I completely agree with what you've just said.
Speaker 3: And obviously I wasn't in Paradise, so I can't speak for that experience, but I can speak for my own experience on the show.
Speaker 2: And I know, like from my season, all of the.
Speaker 3: People who were portrayed badly actually behaved badly on the show. And when people come out and totally blame the edit, I think that there is a level of responsibility to take on their own because it's so easy to come out and blame the edit.
Speaker 2: Anyone can do that.
Speaker 3: Anyone can act poorly and say really nasty things and behave really bitchy and then turn around and say that's not me, that's the edit. But there is an element of like, you had to say those bitchy things thinking it was funny and it's not funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think people use it as an excuse a lot.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of people, a lot of people I'm know and you know that I've said that I have used as an excuse. I'm sick of getting a bad edit. Things like that, exactly what you just said. You can't edit a whole show of someone, you know, the one person I do think, Oh okay, let me touch on the bro code thing with Tim and Kieran. I just cannot get on board with that. I think it was really really disrespectful. I think it was really unfair and also like crazy hypocritical, so hypocritical. I can't get on board with that at all.
Speaker 2: A lot of people have written.
Speaker 1: To me and commented on the Facebook page and stuff and said, you know, this is actually the.
Speaker 2: Thing that pissed me off the most. A lot of.
Speaker 1: People saying, control your man, Brittany, whyn't you controlling your man? You should be saying something too about you, And I just thought, hang on a second, I've got a lot of feels about this.
Speaker 2: Ay, I have known this guy for some of.
Speaker 1: This period one week, two weeks, three weeks when these things are happening. One week I've known this guy two It is not my responsibility or any woman's responsibility to control and be in charge of her partner, her boyfriend, her husband, her whatever it is, especially someone that you've known for two weeks. He's a grown adult. He can look after himself and he can make his own decisions.
Speaker 3: But exactly in the same vein that, like, you wouldn't allow someone to say control your woman, you know, from a guy if a female is behaving ballei or females doing something that somebody else doesn't like, saying control your woman is like, it's so objectifying. So I mean, it's not going to work on the flip side either.
Speaker 1: No. But also I definitely let it be known my thoughts on what was happening. I let him know how disappointed I was in his behavior, that what he was saying wasn't okay, that he had there were aspects of bullying.
Speaker 2: I let him know all of that.
Speaker 1: But I'm not the person that's going to bring him down and embarrass him and cause a scene in front of everyone else, because I think it's something that should be shared between two people. And I had those words to him in price, and he knew exactly how I felt, and he knew I was disappointed, and I think he even made a comment like I can't even look at Brittany at the moment because I know how disappointed she is.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there were times where you had those conversations, or even if you had had those conversations, there's no knowing for sure whether or not they would be shown on the show either, Like get we get such a small glimpse of what's happening on these shows. And like the thing to remember as well, guys, is it's a TV show. It's produced, it's created to be entertaining, So they're only going to take the most dramatic and like wild and insane bits because that's what makes the best TV. Like there's plenty of other ordinary, boring but lovely conversations that go on back and forth, and you just never see that stuff.
Speaker 1: And I did have conversations in front of people to Tim saying that it wasn't on it and that he can't.
Speaker 2: Speak like that. It's just that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, you just don't see it. And I can't stress enough you. You hardly saw anything of me unfortunately, so you didn't get to see a lot of that sort of thing. But you, or if you listen into this, you know who I am, and you know what I'm about, and you know what I stand for, So you know that a lot of that I wouldn't have let flown.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have let fly. I wouldn't have let it flow flew, and it wouldn't have fled.
Speaker 3: One question, we did get a lot which I really want to ask you as well, is in regards to the edit. Talk to me about Jamie's edit, because that's been like the most controversial I think, like obviously Kieran and Tim and Kira and other people who have had you know, in quotation marks bad edits, but Jamie seemed to be the most unstable of edits, and I kind of want to know what your feelings are towards that and whether he had drawn a bit of the short straw. I do think that everyone on the show pretty much got an edit true to themselves, a little bit exaggerated, like I said, but you know, pretty true. Jamie is the only one that I feel like his edit was it was too much.
Speaker 1: How can I explain that Jamie? I really like Jamie. I have a lot of time for Jamie. Jamie has copped a lot of heat right for constantly wanting to give out roses. For example, he was ridiculed for that. I even laughed him on the show. I was like paining him out, like he's Oprah. But as a friend, I was like.
Speaker 2: You get a rose, you'll get a rose.
Speaker 1: But if you actually look at what he's doing and you listen to what he's saying and you think about it, he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body. The reason he's offering everyone his rose is because he talks to them and his heart breaks for them, and he's very empathetic. He feels for them, and he's like he takes it on. So he's like, look, don't worry, I'll sort it out.
Speaker 2: I'll get your rose.
Speaker 1: But then he doesn't think how he's going to sort it out. He just wants to in this moment, make this person feel better. And if you can go back and watch the whole thing again, you don't see Jamie say anything bad about anyone. His edit is that he's too emotional and basically too caring, too caring for Tim, too care for Brittany, too caring for everyone.
Speaker 3: The hypocrisy of it, because I think in today's day and age, we want a hero and we want to talk about how it's okay for men to have feelings and it's okay for men to be vulnerable, and it's okay for men to be and show a sighte of themselves that's soft and potentially a bit more insecure, you know, like that we're supposed to be creating an environment where that's okay. And so then to almost ridicule and make it a mockery and a joke and like really kind of dramatize and try and draw out the comedy element of somebody who's clearly a very sensitive person and a sensitive man. Oh I think he's a bit of a dangerous it's a dangerous day and age to do that stuff.
Speaker 2: In Yeah, I don't think it's cool.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think the amount of attention Jamie got and the kind of attention he got was right, and I don't think it was fair.
Speaker 2: And I think I think.
Speaker 1: People got on this bandwagon It's like it's a little snowball, you know, like one or two people start laughing and to make jokes, and then ten people do it, and then all of a sudden, Australia was just jumping on board and sort of like they're all like cheap, but no one stopped to break it down and be like, hang on, this guy hasn't actually done anything bad. He's been thrown under the bus for what loving Tim too much because he just like they just adore each other. Jamie definitely endors Tim more. You're like, I just wish that I was a part of that. They're just like yeah, I was like, hey, guys, I'm also here. I had a lot of d MS with Jamie and yeah, the man cries, but there's nothing wrong with that. And like you just said, as a nation, we're always encouraging men to be themselves and be open and vulnerable and emotional, and then as soon as someone does it.
Speaker 3: This is what we do to them. We still make fun of them, I know. And that was my one thing that I don't think. I'm not putting this back on editing necessarily, but it is. It was people's first reaction to it, I think was to laugh at him being so vulnerable and like, you know, he expresses himself in a unique way. There's definitely no arguing that. But is that wrong and is it something that we should make jokes about. No, I don't think so. And when you said nobody had stood up for it, there was like, so Punky, you know what Punky does every week they do that recaps and Punky recaps.
Speaker 2: My loves Punky. We live for it, guys.
Speaker 1: But people had asked, you know, why did they leave Jamie's meltdown out of the recap, because that was such a pivotal part of one of the episodes, And Punky came out and said, well, we don't think it's funny. Like we make funny jokes because we love the show, but we don't think it's funny to make jokes at someone's mental health or at someone's expense in that way. So no, we left it out because it's it's irresponsible. And I think that was such a strong and important stance that a media outlet took. Tim was Jamie's support in there. He was his support network. And Jamie came to me and he was in tears and he's like, this is how I found out that Tim was going. He came to me and he said, Tim's going. He was crying, Tim's going. Tim's going. Please please stop him for your sake, For my sake, I was never going to make someone stay if they don't want you. And I said that to Tim and it wasn't shown. I said, look, I want you to stay, and I want to make this work, but I'm never going to make someone do something they don't want to do. And if you leave it because you don't want to be with me, and that's fine. Whilst I'd be okay without Tim, Jamie wouldn't be like.
Speaker 2: Jamie has to come with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their romance was real, and I don't know, I just feel like I feel like we need to cut Jamie a little bit of slack. And Jamie and Brittany, everyone's like Jamie has been asked to Brittany and they are really good friends. They're really really close. They always were. It's just that Brittany couldn't keep giving him friendship Rose and she's like, I love Jamie's a friend, but I'm not here for a friend. So she just made a decision based on herself and her happiness and I'm all for that. I think she's a bloody legend and I'm so glad Australia's finally on board with Brittany to see who.
Speaker 2: She is, because we've always known who she is.
Speaker 1: She was on my season obviously, she's always been a bit of the crazy Alaraken and this year we got to see who she really is and that's just like a really caring, emotional, soft loving person that just.
Speaker 2: Wants to be loved like everyone.
Speaker 3: So well, I think that that comes back to this idea that like when when you only see a certain side of someone, they become two dimensional.
Speaker 2: And I think before.
Speaker 3: We've only ever seen Litnany, We've never seen Brittany, and in this season we've obviously seen someone who has been more vulnerable and has been more real and has.
Speaker 2: Been more them.
Speaker 3: We were only ever exposed to the like whoo girl before and now we're actually getting a real insight to her as a whole person. Well, yeah, so I roomed with so I roomed with Eleanor for the first half, and then I roomed with Brittany slash Litnany the second half. And so when I say you roomed with them, you're in a bungalow with them, you get really close, and Brittany and I would have these huge dnms and she would be so upset at the end of every night, and I just remember saying to her, this is who Australia needs to see. Don't go out and put your front on and don't be the crazy person all the time. They want to see some vulnerability and they, like, I said, you're such an amazing human and what we're seeing, what I'm seeing from you now is what people need to see.
Speaker 1: And be softer and show your emotions and be vulnerable and tell these people how you feel and tell them what you're looking for. And I was like, that's so fine, and I'm so glad Australia's got to see that. She deserves it. She deserves to not be Littany but also be Brittany. She's not just Littany.
Speaker 2: She's a bloody legend.
Speaker 3: And I reckon, people have watched this now and they're like, that girl needs to be Bachelorette.
Speaker 2: She's a joy to watch on TV.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, could you imagine why I'm so ready stratwean Scotty, So before we get into like some of the other questions that people have written in.
Speaker 3: I just kind of want to go back to you now, And I mean, I don't know if we're gonna like this question, but I'm gonna ask you. But anyway, I guess like one of the things that I know has upset you or like has been difficult for you over the last couple of weeks as well, is like seeing this play out on TV and then obviously like we do this podcast and you talk a lot about your life and we give relationship advice, like how those two things haven't really matched up, and how what you wanted and your expectations weren't met.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about all that? Now?
Speaker 1: This has been the hardest year I have ever had, I reckon, especially emotionally, Like you know, are we so honest with you guys? Laura knows do reck Can I have a breakdown once a week? How often d Reckon I cry? There's been a good once a week cry. Like, to be honest, guys, I've been able to guess that Britain team weren't together. She hasn't been the happiest this year, but I mean it hasn't been like that. That unhappiness hasn't like penetrated and perforated throughout her whole life. But I mean there's definitely been days where you have sort of said to me, like, I just want my fucking life back. I've been sadder this year than I have ever been, and I think it's because, well, it's a lot of things.
Speaker 2: The year's shit. Twenty twenty shit anyway.
Speaker 1: So twenty twenty, Hell, it's drunk and it needs to go to the fuck home. Twenty twenty can go to bed now, Oh, like for any for this, Oh it's just like shit anyway.
Speaker 2: But on top of all the other shitness.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's been sorry to every single person who's in Melbourne right now. Our thoughts, our prayers, everything is with you. Stay inside, go to bed early. APM.
Speaker 2: Well they have to. Yeah, I know it's horrible, don't laugh.
Speaker 1: No. Yeah, it's been a in terms of emotionally for me because I did finally feel what it was like to be happy and you know the potential of being with someone in a relationship and just having the support. I don't think I realized how much I missed having someone in my life because I always I always tell you guys how strong and fine I am and how being singles great and it is.
Speaker 2: But when I did have this tiny, tiny, tiny.
Speaker 1: Tiny minuscule it was a few weeks, but it was a great few weeks. When I had this tiny like feeling of what it's like to have someone think of me and care about me and want to help me and want to love me, I was like, Wow, I just forgot what this feeling was like. And then to have that taken away so quickly was really really tough. And I have literally I have cried so many times, but not just like necessarily over Tim, but at the fact that, first of all, how hurt I was. Second of all, how I got you know, I got angry. How could I have trusted? And how could I have let my walls down again? And then it got to the point where it was like, Okay, I want to tell people and I can't, so that's really hard. Then you want to get on with your life but you can't. You want to date but you can't, And it's just like a tumultuous year. And I would find myself just like Laura would call me and she'd be like.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? You are right, and then I just start crying. She's like whoa baby.
Speaker 1: She's like, what happened is like having a good day, I know, and I was, so it's been I've been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i've been.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, I've been really sad.
Speaker 3: But I think it's really important to keep perspective on this as well, and not just for you, Britt, but I think that there's power in saying that, because as much as we can sit here and say, yeah, be single, you'd be a big boss lady and fucking own your single life and love your single life. Just because you own your single life and you love your single life doesn't mean that there isn't times where you'll feel lonely, doesn't mean that there isn't times where you're going to go, oh, I wish I had someone at the end of the day. And I think that we need to recognize that those feelings are very, very normal and that it's okay to feel that, and it doesn't take away from the fact that you still are a boss single lady and you are still living an awesome and happy life like you're entitled to feel the full spectrum of emotions. And for every single person out there who's single and who sometimes they think they're killing it, and then sometimes they're like, no one fucking loves me and I'm on my own. Like those feelings are all normal, but you also have to be able to rationalize and know that you're not always going to be on your own and people do love you, and you are worthy of being treated and being loved and being respected and being treated in the way that you deserve to be treated, not just being with someone because it feels a loneliness whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's easy to forget that sometimes, but it was really hard. It has been really hard to watch it back. I didn't think it would be. I think I thought I got to a point where I was like, oh, it's so far done now, like I couldn't care less.
Speaker 2: I'm so over it.
Speaker 1: Tim has moved on, and he's very publicly moved on, which was also like, as another story, that.
Speaker 2: Is another question of mine which I was.
Speaker 1: A kicking a guy, but we'll get there in a second. But to watch it back when I thought I was fine, the second I saw him like talking about me and seeing it grow on TV, it was really triggering. I just took me back to this place where I was like, oh, I remember what that felt like and how nice it would be imagine if we were together now and it would be able to watch our story back. And but knowing he's publicly with someone else, he doesn't care about me I had heard from him, it was really really hard. And to see everyone saying, you know, I'm so here for this couple and like we love you together, it was really hard. And then you know, to try and be happy on social media and just like it's just like living a lie.
Speaker 2: It's so hard.
Speaker 3: One silver lining is like the more that he stirred the pot, the more that people were like, I just hope you're happy, Brittany, whether it's with him or not, well matter all.
Speaker 1: When people were like I don't get it, yeah, they're like, no way, I've just known him for a while because he know me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you.
Speaker 1: And it's like, it's not possible for you to pretend like you're happy all the time or to like try and keep this secret. You know, it's it's actually too big And to try and keep a secret, whether you're happy in a relationship or not in a relationship, from everyone, it's impossible, and the people closest to you are always going to be able to figure out what the hell's going on. But I think one of the questions I did have for you was that a couple of weeks ago, there was a Daily Mail article that came out with loads of paparazzi photos very prematurely ousting the fact that Tim is back with his ex girlfriend. How did you feel about that, knowing that you had worked so hard to kind of keep the secret and to try and maintain appearances almost for them, that to just be all that to be undone, it was a kicking the guts, Like it was a major kicking the guts, because it's been nine months that we put our life on hold and done the right I had done the right thing and tried to pretend that, you know, I guess, not that we're not together, and not that we are together, but just nothing just to be like this happy medium and then to have gotten so close to the show, like we've waited no months, and then Tim can't even be bothered and doesn't even have the respect to wait what two more weeks, fourteen more days? I just feel like there's a bit of a slap in the face. I feel like it was like I don't care, Like this is what I'm doing. I don't care about you, I don't think about you.
Speaker 2: I'm happy. That's why I was like, you were so close to the finish line, as like fucking hell boy, I am.
Speaker 3: Doing I guess the upsetting part of that for you, And maybe I'm putting words in your mouth, but it kind of takes away the opportunity for you to be able to say how you're feeling, or for like the storyline to play out. It's kind of like without any explanation, without any information, it's like, oh, oh, there's Tim, and Tim's happy now with someone else.
Speaker 2: And there's so many.
Speaker 1: Stories that have been accompanying that that have been really hard, Like a lot of articles have said that he never really wasn't with her, like he's been on and off with her all through Angie season, through Paradise, like not that he was I don't. I absolutely don't think that he was with her on the show. But it just seems like this is his ex, he's we it's not a new girlfriend. So I just feel like this story has been very ongoing and it was never over.
Speaker 2: Why did I just go through that?
Speaker 1: Like, Like, why did I just put myself through that for someone that was never gonna be available.
Speaker 2: It's like, literally, Honey Badger two point zero.
Speaker 3: The one thing you said to me was like, it's just like it can't end as badly as it did last time.
Speaker 1: I did go in thinking that, like, okay, the say my saving grace is it can't be as bad as my ending with Nick Honeybedger. I just thought it can't be like what else, It just physically can't. Like I've got nothing to lose, I guess coming out now, I just feel like I can't win, feel like to be honest, like I'm unlovable. I don't know where I go wrong, and I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I've tried so many avenues, like maybe it's not meant to be for me.
Speaker 3: It kills me when you say that, because the rejection of being on a reality TV show is not indicative of the real world.
Speaker 2: It's really not.
Speaker 3: And like you've got to remember, like, yeah, but the reality is is like hardly anyone from Paradise is together.
Speaker 1: And I know, but you can't help it be deflated. And that's the feeling that I felt when I left. I've kicked myself out of that now. But yeah, you can't help it feel like super rejected, like something's wrong with you, but I know it's not. But like I'm going to be honest, of course they have the feelings. You go through the motions, and when something like this happens, and happens twice, that's going to cross your mind.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: That's going to cross anyone's mind who goes through a bad breakup, do you know what I mean? Like, the fact that your breakups are on a public scale adds a whole other element to it. I think as well, you know, but I think that most people who go through a breakup that's beyond their control feels like, well, what's wrong with me? I think that's a very normal feeling, and I think that's a very relatable feeling that anybody else who's been through a breakup and feels unlovable as a result of it, or feels like there's something wrong with them. But I know that there's gonna be like thousands of chicks listening to this, who go, fuck if Britney feels like that, what.
Speaker 2: Good is there for me?
Speaker 1: You know? And that's why I want to That's why I just want to be really honest I felt that for sure, but I kicks myself out of that, and I want people to know that those feelings are going to be normal and you almost are not going to be able to stop them from coming.
Speaker 2: Because you're human.
Speaker 1: You have feelings, You're vulnerable, you're feeling hurt, and it's okay to feel that as long as you can tell yourself, Okay, I'm gonna pick myself up now, because I know what I deserve and I know who I am, and it's important to jump back on the bandwagon to know your self worth, your self worth.
Speaker 3: And also knowing that like your self worth and this goes for everyone, but your self worth is not determined by what somebody else wants and a relationship that somebody else isn't ready for, like that's that's not like you're so much more than that, being where you're self worth lies second to that as well. Surely there is something therapeutic in watching the showback though, and seeing behavior and seeing things that you couldn't see at the time, and then being able to realize, Okay, this was never going to be the relationship for me anyway. Surely there's something about that that in retrospect, you go ah, it makes sense now, ab it?
Speaker 2: So fucking lowly?
Speaker 1: You know, I definitely watched it back and I saw some things and I was like, this, this is comforting in a way because if that's really who he was or what he was about or his thoughts, then like we wouldn't have worked.
Speaker 2: We were too different.
Speaker 1: I only know that now nine months later, so I haven't seen any of this play out. I didn't know these sort of things. So I've just had to think that I just wasn't good enough the whole time.
Speaker 3: And I just think, like I wish, I wish that like major breakups in your life could come with a Bachelor in Paradise, like viewing schedule afterwards, so that every time you try and romanticize behavior, every time you try and like make excuses for things that happened, and then you look back in your relationship, Oh, actually it was so great, and then you watch it on screen and you're like, oh, that's why we're not together.
Speaker 2: I get it. I get it. To get it.
Speaker 3: Everything makes sense now. This is what I'm hoping for. So good twenty twenty one, twenty.
Speaker 1: Twenty one, when you're allowed out of your house again.
Speaker 2: But I do want to.
Speaker 1: Reiterate like I wish nothing but the best for Tim. I would never have any ill wishes for anyone. And he's happy now, I believe, and I think that's great.
Speaker 2: It's not with me. That's fine. Our paths.
Speaker 1: This wasn't supposed to be our journey, and this wasn't supposed to be the way we ended. And I know something will come from it because I do believe that everything HAPs for a reason. And I'm on my path. It's a bloody long path, my one fucking hell.
Speaker 2: You know that rob made, oh made bluddy shining arm.
Speaker 1: I got fucking lost up a path that Robert Frost like the path less travel path. My path is the most traveled path in the universe. But look, my path is leading me somewhere, and I'm excited to Okay, I have some other questions that have been written in so like hear me. I feel like I feel like we've gotten like the heavy lifting out of the way, but I have some like more lighthearted questions that I want to know.
Speaker 2: So many people.
Speaker 1: Asked how you guys get food and paradise, like is it all hated or do you.
Speaker 2: Have to cook?
Speaker 3: I want to guess you ain't cooking in that tiny, little one bedroom studio with a single bed.
Speaker 1: No, So on day one you get like a little basket and a spear and then you have to send for yourself. And the show is actually called Survive it's Hunger Games. No you, I mean it's a it's a resort. So there's just like a restaurant there. It's like a normal cafe. You go and you can order any time of the day. You just go up and there's a normal menu like it would but literally burgers, chips, salads, a steak that it's just like what you would think you would get at a Fijian resort that like wound back. We're not getting oysters, we're getting we're getting casava chips.
Speaker 2: We ate so many cassava chips. It's like this root vegetable.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you can you order any time the day and then as soon as you finished filming at night. This is probably my favorite part of Paradise. They bring out trays probably a hundred, like toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches, and they're so good because you've been filming all day, you're hungry, you've had drinks, and there's nothing better it's like akabab when you're drunk, you know, you know, when you've been out all night, you're like out drem kabab.
Speaker 2: But it's a toasty and it's a lit.
Speaker 3: My other question which you kind of just touched on, then, so many people also asked about the drinking.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about your.
Speaker 3: Drinking, Brittany, But like, do you guys just start in the morning and power on through the day? Is there like RSA? Are they like counting? So for example, in Bachelor when we would have cocktail parties, they didn't really do it at the start, but like as it kind of progressed, they would start keeping count of how many drinks we'd had. And they were very like as much as you might think people are lit city by the end of a cocktail party, majority of the time they usually just tired because.
Speaker 1: Exhausted emotionally, physically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they really do control and they tally up your drinks. Yeah, so you have to go out of your way to get drunk, like really drunk, Like you've got to kind of try and trick producers because they're not producers are not wanting you to be obliterated. That doesn't make for good TV that actually makes for terrible TV and would get them into a lot of trouble. So they need to be socially responsible that you're not wasted drunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look after having done both, I only got drunk once ever on The Bachelor, because, like you just said, it's not easy to do.
Speaker 2: Like you have to go.
Speaker 1: You have to try and steal people's drinks if you want to get drunk. I got drunk at the end when I knew there could be no damage done because there's nothing left of film. So just Sophie Cass and I got drunk. This one's different. You can't start drinking until midday. The bar opens at twelve, and then you get two drinks an hour and you can basically drink until midnight. But two drinks an hour, but that's a lot of drinks still over in the sun.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 1: They have a duty of care right, so you can you're allowed whilst you're allowed that many. The second they think you've had too much or you're intoxicated, they will cut you off. Jamie got cut off a few times. I think Little Litnany got cut off once. Blessless Soul love you, so they do. They still still do that because it's different. There are more on the Bachelor. You don't get a second alone with the Bachelor's like there's nothing that could possibly happen. Paradise is people everywhere, guys and girls. Anything could happen and they have to keep their eyes on you.
Speaker 3: So but also I think the thing to keep in mind is like you're all adults, like as much as like, you know, we say that there's a responsibility and a duty of care and everything of the producers, which of course there is.
Speaker 2: There also has to be.
Speaker 3: Some personal responsibility that comes into play in these situations, like you're an adult, you're a consenting adult.
Speaker 2: You know how much you should and shouldn't drink.
Speaker 3: And I think that there is a level of responsibility that falls on the people who are in the show.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, But ultimately, if something goes wrong, the show's not going to say you're an adult the show, but they.
Speaker 2: Do, so Okay.
Speaker 3: I think that that's important because I do think that's sometimes watching Paradise, it just looks like you guys lay around and get boozed all day, But it's like not necessarily the case.
Speaker 2: People. The worst thing is like at least you a holiday. It is. I cannot stress this enough. This is not a holiday. It is not.
Speaker 1: It is constant. It's a show you're making. You're like, I don't want to say.
Speaker 2: I mean you're working.
Speaker 1: Yes, you are working, and I know it's not like we're not laboring all day.
Speaker 2: Love is hard work, baby, but you don't like love is bloody hard made.
Speaker 1: Love's the hardest job I've had and I haven't even had it, but I imagine it would be hard.
Speaker 2: No, it is a job.
Speaker 1: And to be honest, there are moments that you'll be like laying around and they'll come out and they'll be like up you get you're all boring, and you're like, oh, we're gonna go do something.
Speaker 2: You have to go do something fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, So doing something fun leads me into my next question, which is in regards to your bathtub date with Tim Karenne. Okay, So the tiny little dates like that, like the dates that are obviously on site where you haven't been given a date card, are they your idea? Are they the producer's idea? Will you like, hey, Tim, come with me into this beautiful bath that I've poured for you, just like one that you had with Angie a few weeks back. Okay, in my defense, I didn't know Tim had a bath with Angie.
Speaker 2: I was in Mexico when his season was airing. I never saw.
Speaker 1: I didn't know he His finale aired whilst we were filming, so I didn't even know what position he came. I didn't watch his show. I didn't know he'd had the exact date three weeks earlier with Angie, but dates like that.
Speaker 2: Essentially.
Speaker 1: They came to me and they were like, do you want to do something nice for someone?
Speaker 2: We ran your bath?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, I don't want to. I don't want to like spoil everything. But they were like, Britain is a bath over there to take someone and I was like, I don't want to. I was like, it's only two days in. I don't want to take anyone in a bar.
Speaker 2: But like do it?
Speaker 1: So I was like, well, I mean, I've just been on a date with Tim the night before.
Speaker 2: I liked him. I was like, I'm not gonna take anyone else. I'll take Tim. And so I went and said I asked him to have a barth.
Speaker 1: They didn't know he wasn't gonna fit in there, and I didn't know he had it day before he was like a baby jar.
Speaker 2: You have limbs everywhere, And.
Speaker 3: How far away was the bath from the rest of the of the people in Paradise, Like the bath secluded and private?
Speaker 2: Or were you like just like having a bath off camera?
Speaker 1: So there's like really really beautiful baths on this little platform overlooking the ocean, the sunny setting, this champagne, this grapes, think of like this music in the background. It's absolutely beautiful and it's about thirty meters away from everyone else. It's exactly like dating on The Bachelor. It was It was insane. It was like Tim and I as the couple that were together from day one until the end. The whole time, we were never with anyone else. They didn't ever give us a date. We never had a date.
Speaker 2: On our own, not once.
Speaker 1: So fucking gypped. I fucking got Jim Man didn't get a date. They didn't show our love story.
Speaker 2: We didn't do we just I just feel like I haven't even been on a love shore.
Speaker 1: I feel like when on days of our lives slash home and away days of our away home of our lives, what.
Speaker 2: You were like? Who am I? What am I doing? I don't know anything? But are there people do you think?
Speaker 3: This is a controversial question, but I want your honest opinion.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll give it to you. Do you think that there are people on there or have left or they're still on there, who are faking it just to stay on the show, like faking a relationship or faking who they.
Speaker 3: Are, faking their feelings and faking their relationship just to stay on the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, I want the tea.
Speaker 2: Can you say, who are you all going to do that? No, I'm not going to do that. I don't think.
Speaker 1: What I'll say is I think all the couples that are on there are couples for sure.
Speaker 2: I think that's real.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say that the couples are faking it because I don't think that they are. I think there are people in there, and I mean Australia on you guys, if you've been watching it, you can you're smart people. There are some people on there that seem to have gravitated to a lot of people, seem to have manipulated people's feelings staying and there's things like that, and that was all. I think that that was all. I mean, they were just trying to stay out the show. Yeah, gameplay people are going to try it on Friendship Rose whatever. Yeah, so that definitely happens. I was never gonna if I didn't hit it off with Tim, I would have just left. Like I was never gonna be that person that wanted to go on, Like why would I I don't understand why you would want to try and stay on this show to the point, like to the end. If you've gotten three or four weeks in and you still haven't made a connection with anyone, You're not going to If you are that deep into the show, you're not gonna make the connection.
Speaker 3: No, But let's be honest, Like people aren't necessarily I mean, there's definitely two sets of people that go on. For people who wouldn't want to find a relationship and like are open to the even if it's not necessarily find a relationship. They're like positive about the experience, They're like open to new experiences, and they're hopeful that they'll find someone. Then there's also people who just want to amplify their profile. Like there are definitely people who are motivated by different things on the show. And I think that if you're still there by the at the end without being in a relationship or even like remotely lacking anyone but still wanting to stay. It's probably a reflection that you're to amplify your profile.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I guess it just I guess it just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, So from all the drama and stuff aside, who was the person that you were closest to, all the people that you were closest to, and not just in proximity, since you guys were sleeping in single beds on.
Speaker 1: Top of y, on top of each other, so paradise from day one, I roomed with Eleanor. We literally walked in and gravitated towards each other. I think we're very, very very similar. We have the same sense of humor. We got along really well. We could we had a lot in common. I don't think her personality was shown a lot either. I don't think either of our personalities who we are. I'm lucky that I have this platform to show you guys who I am. But Eleen is so bloody funny man, and she's so smart, and I don't know, I just love her. So we were really close. When she left, I roomed with Litany also adore her. She's brilliant. She is a smart girl and I and people don't get to see that. In terms of the boys, Alex and Jackson, I adore I.
Speaker 2: I got along with them really well.
Speaker 1: I've always gotten along with guys really well, maybe because I'm such a tomboy growing up. They're both really, really, genuinely good people.
Speaker 3: Okay, So there's been a few people on our Facebook group, our life and cut Facebook group who have been speculating that maybe there's something going on with you and Jackson.
Speaker 1: I know because Jackson and I do spend a lot of time together. I can confirm that I have no romantic relationship with Jackson. I have never had a romantic relationship with Jackson, will never. We got along really well as friends. We live down the road from each other. He owns a pie company. I love pies. I'm here for it. Actually wish it gets who.
Speaker 3: He's too young, I know my twenty seven year olds for you, Brittany, I'm putting a fucking band on it.
Speaker 1: It's not even that it is that. It's fucking that.
Speaker 2: I get younger people.
Speaker 1: You know that, and that of them have worked out yet, so I always have put.
Speaker 2: A Nah, he's really great and Alex is.
Speaker 1: I think Alex was so hot, Like he walked in and I was like, you were adorable. His personality is really really sweet and someone I don't know who he ends up with anyone from the show. I don't know if he's with someone in the real world, but whoever he does end up with is gonna be lucky Alex. If you're listening, Brittany, that was a very not so subtle Oh no, not for me. Oh I'm just chooting some people's horns, Like I just like these people, they're my friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it definitely sounded like you were like and only what could have been?
Speaker 1: Do you know what when you spend twenty four hours a day with people and I'm talking all day and all night, drinking not drinking, seeing him in love, having deep and meaningfuls. I was training every morning, like exercising with Jackson and Alex. You get to know them on a different level and you get to know them really quickly, and I just think they're both really good humans.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like Paradise as well? It's like, do you feel like it's a bit like a summer romance? You know, you go away on holidays, you meet someone because you're in this like suspended animation almost.
Speaker 2: It's just like you're in a.
Speaker 1: Beef a partying like in a summer and it's just party with your friends.
Speaker 3: And then you kind of come out of it and you're like, oh, that's why that that's why that holiday romance didn't work out, because it's.
Speaker 2: An real laugh exactly.
Speaker 1: It's not at all like I can totally understand why in the past no relationship has worked.
Speaker 3: So how do you feel about it now in retrospect? Do you wish you had not done it? Are you glad you did it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Do you live with no regrets? For me?
Speaker 1: I don't like to regret anything. It didn't work out for me, unfortunately, but I had a really great time doing it. I learned a lot about myself. I learned a lot about other people. I think it's opened up a lot of conversations about a lot of different things to the Australian public, a lot of sort of deeper topics like toxic masculinity, a lot of the things that boys were doing. There's been a lot of open conversations about bullying. And there are some love stories that come out of this too, So that's super exciting. I don't regret anything going on there. It's been a really, really tough year, but I know and I'm trusting the pro and I'm trusting the universe that is leading me to where I need to be.
Speaker 2: So like hashtag norogroats and.
Speaker 3: We always say that, like from some of your shittiest times and some of the hardest things that you go through, like that's where you do your best growth. That's where some of the most amazing things can come out of And like then you know, there's always the saying, which is everything will be okay in the end, and if it's not okay, then.
Speaker 2: It's not the end. So it's not my end.
Speaker 1: Yes, So deep deep like a puddle, come here for all of the wise wise advice.
Speaker 2: I guess this is a different episode, guys, but it.
Speaker 1: Was one that we had to tackle. I think it's been a long time coming. We've had so many questions and I think it was important to just like wrap it all up in one big salad wrap and get it out there.
Speaker 3: And we've been wanting to be able to talk about all things Paradise. And I guess because of like Brittany's contract, the fact that the show was on, you know, we didn't all weren't able to talk about what the ending is and all the restrictions around that.
Speaker 2: I think we.
Speaker 1: Actually I don't know if I ever mentioned this or if you guys know this, but I was a hard note for Paradise until Laura was like, Babe, you're getting on that show.
Speaker 2: My bad. No, But Laura was like, look, my fucking bad.
Speaker 1: I was no until I remember I signed on officially probably like eight pm on Sunday night and I flew out Monday morning. I was no until the last minute, and Laura was like, look what happened to me. I'm engaged to the love of my life, I have a baby. These things can happen, like good things can happen from saying yes. I would have been a hypocrite because I always say things come from saying yes, say yes opportunities. And between my sister Sharry and Laura, who convinced me, I was like, you know what, once in a lifetime, and we did say, like, how could it possibly be worse the last time? It's got to be better than that. It's gonna be fine. No, But I mean you were swaying. I think like, let's be fair, you were swaying between yes and no, yes and no.
Speaker 2: You were never you were never know and maybe you were never in the no camp. You were like, at least I was ball shit.
Speaker 1: If you knew the convos I had had with those producers.
Speaker 3: Nay, what about the converse your head with me? Yes the no, then yes the no. And you were like do I don't know? And I was like, just fucking do it? Yollow your life away because.
Speaker 1: I was at a wedding. I was at a wedding. I wasn't even I lie that. We just had a fire.
Speaker 2: Then I was I love how you know what my brain was.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm not going to take full responsibility for making you go on the show. Of course you didn't have many many you had very much an important matters. I was swaying between maybe and no, but I had never at once said yes to them until the night before. That was exactly how my Bachelor journey started. I had said no, no, no, no, no up until the day and then I was like, ah, fuck it, let's see what happens here. I love Sherry set my life on fire. Sherry was like, you didn't really get your personality was so subdued on The Bachelor, like you didn't know one so how funny you were, no one saw your energy, no one how nice you were. Like, go and be you and show Australia. So I was like, yeah, I'm gonna show Australia. Then they cut me the whole season. I was like, I'm so perplexed, Like I love that I went on to show who I was and you don't even see who I was. All right, guys, well, I think that we've covered. Unless there's anything else that you want to throw out there, I think I think it's fine.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: We can always just pop in some answers to questions over the coming weeks two. If there's anything you really drastically want to know that I can answer, just put in our own box and if we get to it, we'll throw one in here.
Speaker 3: And there, or we can chuck it into an Ask on Cut special if you like. But like we said, this is a bit of a different episode, but we thought it was very much needed, So we will have our ask on Cut on Thursday. So send us through your questions so that we can start putting them together for that episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, I am going to activate my hinge right now, there you go.
Speaker 2: I live.
Speaker 3: So if you're out there and you're a single man over thirty, we're cutting out the twenty year olds. Now I'm still going under thirty with a no, I'm only thirty two.
Speaker 2: Come on, stick to thirty dude. We need to broaden that age rang, I need to broaden my.
Speaker 1: Pool brought up or just span your kilometer radius, just leave your age bracket alone. But of course I'm going to veto like you need to like bring them to me. Now, I'm gonna like, ah, show me your resume a kind ser Nope, you're not good enough. Next you literally veto everyone good No one has good enough for you. Brandan antil the day di guys.
Speaker 2: That's it, thanks for tuning in.
Speaker 1: We just want to say big shout out to everyone on the Facebook group. You guys have all been amazing. Your support means the world last few weeks and I love how engage you guys are getting. Laura and I read everything, We see everything, and we really appreciate it. If you haven't jumped on the Facebook group yet, guys, where are you at?
Speaker 2: Also? What do you mean we read everything?
Speaker 1: I literally sit there in the Batch and Paradise thread riding back to people being like the fucking two I am so sick for it guys. So yes, if you haven't joined the Facebook group, it's lifel on Cut podcast, the same handle if you want to find us on Instagram. But like we said, this episode was a little bit different to how we normally do these episodes, and that is because for it's time on Paradise deserved a whole episode unto itself so that she could tell her story and find leave fucking be a.
Speaker 2: Free woman again.
Speaker 1: God, get this weight off my shoulders.
Speaker 2: That's you are sending from furgatory anyway.
Speaker 1: Guys, if you have loved this episode, or you've loved the rest of the episodes as well, then you know the drill.
Speaker 2: Tell your mom, tell your dad, to your friends.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't here, fine, start subscribe and Shandela because we