Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Combomb Merry people. They've been having conversations and telling stories on this land for thousands of years, and we show our gratitude and respect for their contribution to our environment and culture. This is Rise and Conquer, the podcast where we strive to become the highest version of ourselves through curious conversations, healthy mindsets, laughter, connection, and a deep desire to evolve. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson. Join me as we explore parenthood, business, manifestation, and so much more. It's positive, it's practical, and it's about putting you in the driver's seat of your own life.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Hello, my loves, and welcome back to the potty. We have a reflection episode of twenty twenty four for you, and I'm going to tell you the highs, the lows, the lessons, the milestones and the realizations.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four for me.
Speaker 1: Was probably the biggest year of my life. If January twenty twenty four, if I told her what had happened this year, I don't think she would have believed you, or you know, she would be very confused and very like, surely that's not actually going to happen, because there was just so many twists and turns and things that happened that I was like, wow, this, like how is this real life? A lot of great humbling moments, a lot of great realizations, and I currently still am in my Satin return, which, if you guys don't know, a Sadden return is basically a very turbulent time of your twenties where it's like you close out of your twenties and you enter your thirties.
Speaker 2: It depends on your birth chart.
Speaker 1: It can't happen from when you're like twenty seven to like thirty one.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: So mine actually finishes in February, and thank the.
Speaker 2: Lord because it has been bumpy.
Speaker 1: But before we get into the episode, I just wanted to let you guys know, if you haven't seen already, we launched a brand new course called the Magnetic Blueprint, And this course really was birthed from a lot of my realizations this year actually and also me wanting to create twenty twenty five to be different and better. A huge realization which I'm sure i'll get into, is how I probably didn't really goal set and plan my year in a great way and from my very authentic self, and I'm doing things differently, and so I've created a goal setting template, a blueprint for you guys, and we can do it all together in January. It is going to start on the eighteenth of January and then we have fourteen days together. But here's where it is so different to anything else that you have done around goal setting. And the first week we're not even going to think of our goals because the first week I'm going to take you through a whole bunch of exercises for you to take off your mask and really dig deep and find that person within you, guys. Because when you are locked into that person inside you, like your your higher self, your true self, everything falls into place, everything is drawn to you. That's why we're calling it magnetic, because it's like, once you've finished it, you will become a magnet for your desires. That twenty twenty five will just like roll around and you'll go through the year, and of course you're gonna work for what you want and you're going to go through it, but it's going to feel different.
Speaker 2: It's going to feel easier, flowier.
Speaker 1: Not so bumpy, and it's because you're doing it in this beautiful magnetic way.
Speaker 2: It's such a unique course.
Speaker 1: So the first seven days we are like finding our true self and undoing the mass and undoing our conditioning and getting rid of any negative like routines or habits or patterns. I'll talk about patterns in this episode in twenty twenty four. And then we're actually creating our plan, our goals for twenty twenty five. And that was my biggest realization is I didn't really do that in John of twenty twenty four. I think I actually remember being on this podcast saying I'm just surrendering this year, and look, I did surrender and a lot came up, but to be honest, I kind of regret not having some more clear goals in intentions. And so that's what I'm doing differently, and I want you guys to join me. It's a very affordable course.
Speaker 2: It is only going to.
Speaker 1: Be about, you know, ten to twenty minutes a day every day. There's either a training, a workbook, or a meditation, and so it is very easy to finish and implement and integrate. So I'm so excited for that. Enrollment is now open and we do have an early bird price, but once December finishes, the price will go up, so make sure you check it out the link.
Speaker 2: It will be in the show notes. There'll be stuff on social media.
Speaker 1: But let's get in to this episode. Let's start off with my first high and my first lesson of twenty twenty four, and that was launching the Rise app. So the Rise app really was birth from this place where I saw such a gap in the market and a gap in self development where people would do this life changing course.
Speaker 2: Like people would do the project.
Speaker 1: Which is my seven week manifesting course, and it would change their lives and they would be like, oh my god, this is incredible. I've got so much new knowledge. But then a couple of months later, because they aren't integrating it and they're not continuing their practices and who they are and how they show up, they drop it and they full off and they don't get the benefits from manifestation. And so I've seen this in all my courses and in the self development industry. It's like they get motivation, they get high from something, but then it's not continued. And that's really what the Rise app is. It's a tool so every single day you have something to go to that is going to enhance your day, is going to get you on the vibration. And so we have a whole bunch of pep talks, we have meditations, and basically the whole thing is like your mindset bestie.
Speaker 2: In your pocket.
Speaker 1: So I have worked with a lot of coaches over the years, and like they usually have like a vox era or like a telegram situation where if you have like a problem or you're dysregulated, you can like telegram them and be like, hey, this happened, blah blah blah, and then they pop in and they're like, hey, breathe, this is the advice whatnot. And obviously coaches, you're looking at like fifty thousand dollars for three months kind of vibes. It's not something every one is able to afford. So what I wanted to do was put it into an app. So it's like every single day when you're looking for something, you can have it. And so we you know, we have meditations where it's like if you want to feel grounded, listen to this.
Speaker 2: If you're going for an interview, listen for this.
Speaker 1: If you want to feel inspired, if you want to feel motivated, if you're about to go to gym, Like we have built a beautiful audio experience for every sort of situation. That's like, that's what the Rise app was for. But when we launched it in January I think February, sorry, we actually did that.
Speaker 2: But then we did a lot more.
Speaker 1: So we also put like master classes on there, we put training videos, we put workbooks, and we basically just wanted to give our audience everything and just like make it so worth their while. But now in December, I can kind of see in hindsight that it was such a potent tool that had such a direct and clear purpose which I just spoke about, but we kind of of muddied it, like we kind of tried to do too much and please too many people, and so the message often got lost and people didn't really understand what the app was, which was on our side. And so now like as I'm talking, we have changed things. So we have removed the master classes and the video and we've kind of like simplified it and made it easier to use and use it friendly, and we've also like reduced the price because we're you know, half the stuff is available but it's very like niched and on purpose and clear that was like the best thing we could have done. But we had to go the year figuring out putting content on there, taking it down, and it was a very messy experience. And also there's something interesting about being a business owner and having a product like this and trying.
Speaker 2: To figure it out as you go, and you know, we had.
Speaker 1: To email people and being like this content will be taken off, and of course that those people who were like no, I love that content, and so like, trying to keep everyone happy is hard. But my lesson for that is, first of all, your mistakes are your greatest teachers. You cannot fail. So even if something doesn't go exactly to plan, it's not a failure because you're learning a lesson, you're understanding. And so for me, I'm like, okay, wow, I tried to do too much. Like we tried to do too much, and really we should have just stuck with this is what the app is for a very specific purpose and only done content on that.
Speaker 2: For example, on the Rise app, now it's only audio.
Speaker 1: There is no video content, and some people, you know, we're unhappy about that, but I'm like, no, I'm so clear on what this app is, it's important that we stick to it.
Speaker 2: So that was that was a great long lesson.
Speaker 1: Now we move to some highs of the year and a big intention that I had, actually, this was one of my goals for twenty twenty four was speaking at events, and I think I spoke at three events, which was incredible. And I loved this because even though I have a podcast and even though I show up on social media, showing up in real life, you know, having to talk and having to remember and having to articulate yourself is actually I find it so scary. Like on this podcast, we have an editor and so she will snipe it if I stuff up or have to start again, but in real life, like you have to be kind of perfect. And so I've always been like, oh no, don't want to do in person key speaker vibes. But I did that, and even for like International Women's Day, and I am so proud of myself for getting out of my comfort zone and for doing something that I'm going to tell you like scared me shitless. So that was like a huge high. Another high was we did a whole bunch of in person retreats, so We did the Rise Retreat, which was in collaboration with yogabl and we did the n H Retreat. The RISE Retreat was more like manifesting creating vision boards based, and then the n H Retreat was really kind of like trauma based and kind of health fitness, and we got into trauma and they were the most amazing experiences. I crave in human connection and that deeper conversation and that deeper connection, and to have that with my community, like some of the women that I had moments with at these retreats, was extraordinary, totally such a high from the year. I definitely want to do more retreats in twenty twenty five. Actually, we do have a Naked Harvest retreat. I'm not sure it's if it's.
Speaker 2: Sold out or not.
Speaker 1: I will put a link if it's not and you guys can check that out. So the kind of true lessons from that though, is your time and energy is your greatest currency, and it matters so much what you pick to do with it that you have to be really careful and intentional with your time. And I am just so glad that I put time and energy into in person events because you know, they are a lot of energy being with people for over a weekend. The planning that goes into these events, and sometimes the return isn't as much as you know, maybe a campaign that you would do with a product, but the fulfillment that I felt was just so much. So I'm so glad that we did those and I'm so glad that I was intentional, intentional with my time and energy. So the next the next what we're going into is family and my relationship with Tim.
Speaker 2: Let's start on a high.
Speaker 1: And I am so fucking proud of the mom I was this year. I really feel like this was the year that I was just so solid in being a working mom and showing up for Ivy and not feeling any guilt, being so present with her, bit so strict on my boundaries to make time for her and to make sure that I had no guilt. And I haven't always got that right in previous years, but this year, like wow, it's just I was so clear on how I wanted to show up and who I wanted to be for her, and I really feel like I did that and I'm so so proud of myself. And that was because of the previous self development work that I have done in twenty three and twenty two around Ivy, because that feeling is not how I previously felt about being a mom.
Speaker 2: I really struggled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so proud of myself, but it was because I put in so much work on myself and it has bled out into our relationship.
Speaker 2: Me and Tim.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be really honest with you guys, like when am I not? And I like, I really trust this communication style, Like I would never post this over you know, Instagram or whatnot, but like the podcast is sacred to me. And if you're going to spend twenty to forty minutes listening to my podcast, I feel like we have a certain understanding and you're an amazing, respectful human and so you will hear this and there will be no judgment or if there is, like you have complete understanding. Bit Twenty twenty four was a rough year for me and Tim. Obviously, we were trying to conceive while I'm a working mom, he's looking after a three year old, and.
Speaker 2: The economy went to shit.
Speaker 1: There was just a lot of stresses happening on our relationship, you know, stuff where I was like, I feel like we've been through this before, Like why are we're going through this, but I truly believe our relationship had to break down to fall back together. In twenty twenty four, we went through it, and like the biggest realization that I have from this me and Tim, we've been together since I was seventeen and he was twenty one, so over twelve years now, thirteen years now, and we previously kind of like if we're talking about interactions and like shadow work, we played certain loops out together. And you will do this with all your key relationships. So you'll act in a certain way with your mom, and then maybe act a tiny bit different with your dad, and then maybe act a tiny bit different with your partner and your best friend, and.
Speaker 2: These are all parts of yourself.
Speaker 1: But basically what has happened is as we grow up, we learn certain coping mechanisms and we learn certain let's call them strategies, where for example, my dad is someone where he's emotionally intelligent, but he really can't deal when people aren't happy, like I think he's you know, he's gone through a lot in his life, and so if someone is really sad and down, he gets really uncomfortable and he can't deal with it, like him going to a funeral, he freaks out, was my mum isn't She's very sensitive? So who I am with my dad is probably a little bit more emotionless and a little bit more like, smile on my face, I'm all good, love you, let's have a joke. I can talk about deep things, but they're about kicking goals at work.
Speaker 2: Good things happening.
Speaker 1: So I will be a certain person for him, and that's like that's a loop. That's like something that we play out, and that's like our relationship. And just like with my mom, I can go deeper and I can be like I'm really fucking sad, and I can like show that emotion. She can really hold me just like I have a different let's call it mass. So if you think about it me being seventeen, since knowing Tim, there's been a lot of mass that I've worn with him where I have leant into certain strategies and the way that I have dealt with life in our relationship to like make things work or to like get what I want and like we all will do it. So for me and Tim's relationship, I often would you know, he was my safe place. He was like my punching bag, and you know, if I was too stressed, it was too much, I would often take it out on him. There was also this weird dynamic I would play where if he was doing something I didn't like doing or anything like that, I wouldn't have a lot of space for him. Not like an ultimatum, but you know, like we'll stop doing that because I didn't like it. If you're gonna act like that, I'm out, Like not actually out, but you know, like that sort of vibe. And it's always been like kind of that dynamic in our relationship, and in the last couple of years we have like, you know, fixed it and worked on it. And I think it's because, like we met when I was younger and I was the young girl, he was the older boy. He always looked after me. I was always like the little princess. And so this year I felt like there was this new layer of Tim calling me out of my shit and not playing into my cycles and into my strategies and basically just being like, no, you need to fucking look at your shit, and me being like, oh my god, how dare you? And so I'm gonna take a lot of responsibility for this year and say like, we came up to a lot of tough moments because I hadn't pre viously dealt with my shit and he has also done a lot of self development work, and he's like, no, like, I'm not dealing with your shit anymore, Like change it. We need to do life differently. And I did listen, and obviously there was vice versa stuff with him that we worked through, but I felt like we have never worked through so much shit than we did in twenty twenty four in our relationship. He was actually wild on top of trying to conceive and like doing life. And I think for me, the biggest lesson, like I said, is for twenty twenty four in our relationship is some things have to die in order to be rebirth. And I honestly feel like our past relationship is dead, Like I feel like we have a brand new relationship. I want to say, like probably like midyear, the first half of the year was really turbulent, and then right before Europe, we basically sat down and had this whole thing where we were both like do you want this? And we both obviously was like, yes, we want this, and we promised to be one hundred percent in so yeah, that was a wild ride and like not something I foresaw because we've always been like very solid and you know, together forever and whatnot. But I'm so glad I went through that. And I would just want to say, like, if you're currently going through a turbulent time in your relationship, it doesn't have to be a bad thing. It can actually be an incredible thing because maybe your old relationship has to die for this new, beautiful relationship to come through. And even if you think about it, like me and Tim have probably had a thousand deaths in our relationship over the thirteen years together, this one was just like really really big and really prominent. So don't be scared if you're having relationship issues. That's what I would say, Like, I really feel like we could work anythink out and we did seek help and we got that, and so talk to professionals about it. Just like keep communicating. That's my advice is, like just keep communicating and don't judge, So like, let the person communicate and say their feelings, but don't judge them for their feelings. So yeah, in saying that, I feel like now at the end of the year, I have never felt so solid and so good about us. I feel like it all happened for this next baby to come through, and I really feel like this baby is going to come through soon because that needed to happen in our relationship, and then this baby comes through. I don't know, it's just like a feeling. Who knows, but yeah.
Speaker 2: That was wild.
Speaker 1: And then we went to Europe and that was incredible. Oh my god, I like we had never been to Europe. We did the whole we're not going to Europe, going to save our money and buy a house, which very grateful for younger Georgie for making that decision because we then got to do Europe super bougie and just like vibes.
Speaker 2: And I think my.
Speaker 1: Kind of takeaway from this was it's not selfish to prioritize yourself and still have fun in your relationship for yourself, even if you're a parent.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I think we triggered a lot of people by going to Europe without Ivy.
Speaker 2: It was only two weeks.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad we did it because it was incredible and it really like filled the whole inside of me of like what I wanted to do In saying that I did miss her so much that I was like, I don't think I could do this again. And we were very strategic because we knew we wanted to get pregnant, and we knew that like now, it kind of it would be like now or never, because we never wanted to leave two children while we're in Europe. And Ivy is such an independent baby, like it's actually wild, like she'll go to anyone, and she's obsessed with my parents, and we just we knew she would be fine. But I just have these intuitive vibes that our next baby is like really sensitive. I just I don't know, I get the vibes. And so I said to Tim, I don't think we'll ever be able to travel again ever again, No like travel, because I just feel like this baby, next baby is sensitive and I just don't think we'll be able to leave it. And I know that's like a really weird thing to say to you guys, and I understand that, but it makes sense in my head. So anyway, we did it. Obviously, we had the means to travel and do a bougie holiday just for two weeks, because it is a lot of money to spend just for two weeks. We had the grandparents I could do it with work, like we had all the ticks.
Speaker 2: But in saying that, I did have that moment.
Speaker 1: Of realization where I was like, it is a time in our life where we just enjoy going up the coast, staying in an airbnb with our kids and just relaxing and not flying off to Europe and being okay with that. And I totally am I think I just needed to do it. And I was like, oh, yeah, like I've done it. But also, this is the time to just enjoy the baby baby stage. So I know that's kind of contradicting, but also I'm gonna go with it, okay. So the next thing was n h's fifth birthday. This year, guys, when I say twenty twenty four was turbulent with businesses. We still scaled, we still expanded, we still had growth, We still had some epic milestones and awesome things happened in the business, but it didn't feel really hard this year. It felt like we were pushing shit upper hill. It really really did, and it was very much like what could go wrong was going wrong, Like we were having like issues with our manufacturer, like getting products, we were having to push you know, launchers, our product pipeline, which is just like how long it takes to get out of product was blown right out, and so it was really hard for the marketing team to like be ready when we never knew when a product was coming because it never came on time.
Speaker 2: It was really hard to plan things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it it honestly like it just felt hard. But also I'm taking that as growth isn't always comfortable, and I think it's just because the previous couple of years, Like I feel like the start of NH was really hard, and then we had these like breezy couple of years COVID happened, everyone was spending their money like it felt really breezy and fun, and then I felt like this year has just been like hard but also great reminder that good things aren't meant to just like be easy all the time. And I feel like we grew so much as like business owners, the team grew so much. My biggest lesson in business and twenty twenty four is consistency always wins. If you keep showing up, if you keep trudging through the mud, if you are just so strong on your purpose and your intentions in your business. Yeah, it might be hard, but it will always be worth it and you will always.
Speaker 2: Win in the end. And then I had some really cool.
Speaker 1: Like work milestones, like being featured in the Curia Mail. So thank you to my past self who worked her ass off, because I felt like being featured in like mainstream media in the social media world, recognized, but not really in like the mainstream world. And I felt like, you know, your aunt, your grandma reads the Curia Mail, so to be featured on there as a business owner was incredible and that was just that was such a highlight. Okay, So then we go on to my thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 2: Guys, I turned thirty this year.
Speaker 1: My thirtieth birthday was just like everything I could have imagined.
Speaker 2: It was so beautiful. I basically just had a long.
Speaker 1: Lunch with girlfriends at my house, but I fully got it like style, and I got a chef in you know, I had a champagne tower.
Speaker 2: Like super Georgie, super bougie. And it's funny because when I used.
Speaker 1: To think about my thirtieth previously, I was I'm gonna be like out clubbing. I'm gonna like go on a boat. There's gonna be a lot of people. That was like the last thing I wanted for my thirtieth birthday. I really wanted this intimate long lunch with like souls whoe were like, these are my ride or dies. These are like my closest girlfriends who are so interesting and so incredible and love me so much.
Speaker 2: That's who I had there.
Speaker 1: And it was so beautiful and it was so incredible, and I just had the best time and I just feel so good. I honestly feel like I've been thirty four years, but I feel so good being thirty, and I'm just so excited of like what my thirties are going to bring. And then so next up we launched.
Speaker 2: The Abundance Academy.
Speaker 1: So this has its own little spot in this year because this course had been brewing in my subconscious, in my brain, in the atmosphere for years. I have been adding notes on this course for years and finally brought it into fruition, which I'm so proud of. It's incredible. We have so many testimonials.
Speaker 2: And what I.
Speaker 1: Loved about this specific time is previously I didn't bring out this course because I knew money was such a triggering topic to people, and I didn't feel like I could hold their projections and judgments previously, but this year I felt like I could, which if you think about it, like now that I've told you everything during my year, if you think about that, the fact that I could hold everything else happening in my year, and I was like, Yeah, let's bring out a course that's going to be triggering this shit. Like you can see how solid I am in myself and who I am and why I'm here. So I'm so proud of me. I'm so proud of the team. And we had the most amazing launch. We had like over fifteen hundred people joined, which just exceeded my expectations for a first time course with no testimonials.
Speaker 2: And then after we have had.
Speaker 1: Incredible testimonies, like people literally being like I wanted to half my debt this month because it's a thirty day course and it's only eight days in and my debt's gone, and like just stuff like that where I'm like, wow, so so proud about that. And then it also like it did come with people being triggered. It did come with clearly me not being everyone's cup of tea and judgments and you know, those sorts of things, and I was just able to hold myself and literally not care and just be like I know who I am, I know what I stand for, I know my heart, and I just I really don't care if you're triggered about this, because this course is needed to other people and it's going to change their lives. Say what you want. So so fucking proud on myself. Honestly, guys, if you struggle with getting triggered by people, if it would disregulate you to get comments about you being greedy or like you know, maybe you've got a course or a business about something and you get comments and they trigger you. Go to my last podcast last week all about triggers and do that because it will be so helpful.
Speaker 2: And then the last big.
Speaker 1: Milestone is Ivy's third birthday. My baby Curl turned three, which I just I can't guys like the fact that only a couple of years ago I was like holding sweet little newborn this time of year and she literally turned three.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm gonna let cry thinking about it.
Speaker 1: But like I said, I'm so proud of like how I showed up this year as a mum. This year me and Ivy's relationship has just grown and strengthened as the working parent who doesn't spend every day with her.
Speaker 2: That's really special to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just has been incredible for me, and I have this year really highlight of my year as of course, but yeah, we had her third birthday, which I was like, time is flying by, Like it's literally just flying by.
Speaker 2: So that was really really special.
Speaker 1: But that is kind of summing up my reflections on twenty twenty four, and I hope you guys loved it. Like I said, I am just so clear about twenty twenty five, not that it's like put this year in the bin. This year has just been challenging and fuck it has shaped me and grown me, and I'm so proud of myself for how I have shown up this year. But I am ready for twenty twenty five to be different. And I know if I'm the same person and doing the same things as twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five is going to be the same as twenty twenty four, and I just.
Speaker 2: App absolutely refuse.
Speaker 1: So I'm really cleaning things up. I'm setting intentions and I'm goal setting in a very specific way for twenty twenty five, and I want you to join me because it's going to be so powerful. It's going to be incredible for you to get clear of what you don't want to bring in with the year, that marsh you want to take off and who you want to step into so you can be magnetic. So magnetic just means that things are drawn to you.
Speaker 2: You don't have to push shit up a hill. They are drawn to you.
Speaker 1: And guys, I guarantee you watch me set up my year through the Magnetic Blueprint and just watch twenty twenty five unfold for me, like I just feel it in my bones. But I also know there's work. Just like I said, I've had the best year as a working mom with Ivy, but it's because of the work I did for the last two years before this year. And so I know I have to put in work to have an extraordinary twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: And you know I'm willing to do it.
Speaker 1: And so if you're willing to do it, come and join us with the Magnetic Blueprint. It is currently on early bird pricing. Get it, don't think about it, and then we start jan eighteenth. All right, my loves, I adore you guys so much. I hope you love this episode. Connect with us via Instagram, or continue the conversation on our beautiful Facebook community page. All the details are in the show notes and I will chat to you for our next one next week. Bye,