Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Fresh Blood in the newsroom.
Speaker 3: Calling Frederick Francis Terrebin post.
Speaker 4: I've never seen a ratchet before. I'm an alien.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Goodbye.
Speaker 4: In Christian O'Connell's show Wednesday Morning, Come on in, Patsy, come on in, Jackie Boy Morning Team.
Speaker 3: Kid Here is that kid here? He's not here?
Speaker 4: Is he coming tomorrow? The psydekick said he's rocking up tomorrows coming out.
Speaker 3: That has actually held a lot of way in the family. We heard that this psychic predicted he will come this Thursday, so that's one more day.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Bianker's family know about it, and because it's Bank his dad's birthday, there's a lot of energy in the air for him to come tomorrow, a lot of pressure on him. Now.
Speaker 4: Most importantly, how does Bianca Field? Does it feel true to her? Does she think he's now coming tomorrow? Because you know, sometimes if we think someone we believe it, it happens. It's like, what do you call it? Fulfilling prophecy.
Speaker 3: We're all on board now, but we're all on board for last weekend as well, and the self fulfilling prophecy didn't come true on the weekend.
Speaker 4: So are you going to do your bit today to help tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What's that? You know? You know? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh Christian, I'm just saying, have you since the conversation last week? Have you helped out the process?
Speaker 3: I tell you, I'm psyched out by to buy the little boy in there?
Speaker 4: I said nothing, no beers and it's stuck in having a wrestle seeing what happens.
Speaker 3: Let the magic happen or not.
Speaker 4: No, I can't see Pepe Vance's coming out from the board.
Speaker 3: No, none of that. I just I can't get excited for it. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: He doesn't come tomorrow Friday. It's your fault, Patsy.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 4: What's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 5: Yesterday I had the situation I had to go to the uniform shop to get some more stuff for odds and we're waiting scene in there.
Speaker 4: Isn't there that uniform ship. The ladies that run that, it's honestly like a military academy in.
Speaker 5: There really is, with their glasses down on the bridge of their noses like.
Speaker 4: That controls so much power in there, don't they.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I say, I'm frequent flying there because she's.
Speaker 4: Just your first names. She knows all the ladies. There's marine not in today, I come back tomorrow. She knows all that sort of ships.
Speaker 5: You get the one that you like because you trust on she needs to go upper side.
Speaker 4: And Patsy's the same in the ones we've experienced where there's always like an elder there, like a Gandolf that runs I won't say which, but an old wizard's sort of wiser lady that's sort of behind that curtain. We can try on various things. She's always got a take measure on those old school tape measures. Ye traped overlet with low glasses.
Speaker 2: And a pin on her ear like yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: The problem is they do have too much power because they know that you can't shop anywhere out there's only the one uniform shopping.
Speaker 4: Demand a royal commission. Rake up, believe what is this Russia in there?
Speaker 2: They're drunk on the power in.
Speaker 4: There, I think is the most powerful room in the entire school. Not even the head teachers got more power than those ladies that run that place.
Speaker 5: They run the joints cell block h Anyway, We're waiting in line to pay for our purchase, and there was an elderly gentle win in front of us at the counter.
Speaker 3: One of the old students.
Speaker 4: Is that a repeat two times had tens the old socks getting a bit too smrn again, Yes I'm named.
Speaker 5: Anyway, he's standing there and he broke wind. But I don't mean like it was just a fluff.
Speaker 2: This was seriously.
Speaker 5: This fart went for about twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: No way, one's gone for twet. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess bos, but you don't get a twenty. It was the emotion'll get is what five? No it was.
Speaker 5: It just went on forever, and it was loud, and so Audrey is just about rolling around on the floor.
Speaker 4: Laugh when you catch when you see one or sorry, here one out. It's a magical type like a purple gacious miasthma. Look it up asthma. The shot was quiet, and you just it's a gift, actually, isn't it. It's a gift because it's so funny, especially when it's a serious setting. I remember once being in a library on the girls when they were younger. We used to go every Saturday morning, and again it was an elderly guy. He reached up to get.
Speaker 3: A book and that's big old both like that, and.
Speaker 4: He didn't even look round, right. It was almost like I was expected to take the full form because other people looked, and the people looked at me going, and I was like looking at the old go and going, maybe he's had some brand flanks or something. And they looked at me like, why would you do that? Why would you blame it? And that's not an older guy. Look at him, he's wearing a nice shirt and tie. Sadly, you look a mess. You don't know the kind of guy who comes to live weeks afar and then leath all these beautiful periodicals.
Speaker 2: Well, it's luck. He must do it all the time, because he didn't even like.
Speaker 4: They're every day in that uniform shop.
Speaker 5: It didn't flinch, didn't move, and I thought, at least don't up to that, because that's Kenny.
Speaker 4: You can't turn around and go what excuse me? It's no one, No one's ever said that in the history of the world. It's better you just deny it.
Speaker 3: Go if I don't say anything. It certainly wasn't all right. I've looked up the world's longest fire. Twenty sec and twenty seconds is nothing. Bernard Clemens fighted for two minutes forty two seconds straight way.
Speaker 4: When was this amazing occasion?
Speaker 3: Let's have a look. This is in the Guinness but World Records in May seventeen twenty sixteen, seventeen hundreds. That May seventeen twenty sixteen, only five years ago, six years ago.
Speaker 4: And where was this?
Speaker 3: No, but he's Paris. I don't know mone. He's so fair London, he's well, he's from London, I don't know where.
Speaker 4: I feel very patriotic and right now that one of my own countrymen can fart for over two minutes already, you can turn. It's going to be a great show.
Speaker 3: Guys. We've got to sonic gear like that right out of the gates. No messing.
Speaker 4: While the other show's warm up, we're getting into farts.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: None of us knew the world's longest fart is two minutes and forty five minutes. No, not forty five minutes, forty seconds.
Speaker 3: He did a two minute fart, broke the world record. They need forty five minute lap upon her.
Speaker 4: We are moving on. Okay, we stumbled into simply because Patsy tolds the story.
Speaker 3: About a fart in the world.
Speaker 4: You know, we've all just call it what it is. It's my new documentary I've got coming up on SBS, Farts in the Wild.
Speaker 3: As opposed to the ones where you go to specifically watch your fart get done and then you're expecting it.
Speaker 4: But you know what I mean, when you're out about and it's an unexpected noise and a scene and they're like, wow, didn't think we get that in the delio at all. Worse today, it's thirty five. Someone's to drop one, right and you can't help. No matter how grown up you are, you can't help.
Speaker 3: But swa wow, Christian. Could I praise you for your use of the word miasma But I didn't know what it meant, but it was on the money. A miasma is an oppressive or unpleasant atmosphere which surrounds or emanates from something. In the case of Patsy's old friend, it's.
Speaker 4: A nice way of saying, basically, but miasma is a pungent aroma around somebody. We are moving on by. I'm just I'll say to do a two minute forty five. It's that Roger Banister. You know surely he's going to blanch you break that. Other people are going to do that. He must have had a special diet to bring on that kind of endurance.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's actually amazing if you stop to think about one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi. I don't need to do that.
Speaker 4: To do seconds, I can raly know my head what a second is, because ain't seven.
Speaker 3: But when you're hearing a fart for that long, I mean the people must have been shocked. Well, not the getting this book of records.
Speaker 4: You didn't get them around saying I'm going to do this in my unicycle and then sudden they go fold you, I'm going to stop.
Speaker 3: Watch out. No, but some of the Guinness World Records you flip through the book and it's like, oh, he ate seven pies in a minute, and you're like, all right, that's kind of good, but not that amazing. But when they got to the two minute fart, they honestly must have bowed down to him.
Speaker 4: Wafting, because that hand out so we could go over their head.
Speaker 3: The crowd like a fire.
Speaker 4: Get low, get out, get the fire brigade out, all right, Jackie boy, what's going on with you of them?
Speaker 3: You know, last week we talked during the song. Sometimes we talk on air, but then the fun continues during the songs, and we were saying to each other that ice cream trucks this summer have been invisible, especially in my area in Coburg during the warm weather. Didn't see on ice cream truck. Would have loved a gelato. Then guess what yesterday it's a downpour, the weather's murky. They're chucking them around officially into the first day of autumn. Ice cream truck in my straight what's he doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah? They work the most mysterious irregular hours, don't they. It can't be the main job because otherwise you just be out there all the time. Wouldn't you're out in the roads, you're at least doing a nine to five rocking around. I remember when I was at school, we had one permanently outside our literally Monday to Friday. The moment school broke up, that ice cream guy was out the front there. There was a rumor that he'd got into a fight with another ice cream man over like a turf war and killed him. And none of this is true, by the way. Obviously, school rumors where you'd go. Ah, it just served me with some ice cream. He had to open up the freezer. The guy's head was in there. But yeah, ice cream van. They must have another job.
Speaker 3: Is it just a hobby. Well, you've got three months a year which are perfect for ice and we've.
Speaker 4: Had a summer and amazing summer.
Speaker 3: So are there less guys on the road. And if you're keeping your own nails, which you are, you're not, you know, beholden to anybody so you can drive away when you want. But why didn't you take use of the hot days instead of starting.
Speaker 4: The people that do want to earn some money, they can come and pick up the keys from you. If you don'tant to get out there in the truck today, they can do a couple of hours for you and you take a percentage of.
Speaker 3: It, like an uber. I guess. So you just drive when you're available. And then we've got ice cream trucks on the road all the time. I think there's less ice cream trucks on the road than when we were growing up.
Speaker 4: It joins men's right, Neil or I walk the dog? Sometimes right, there's an ice cream truck, there's outside somebody's house. Right I see a sunny down I'm like, you must know it's Sonny. Right now, there's people in this park.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of hundred bucks right here.
Speaker 4: I'm terms to go and knock on the door sometimes going listen, I can just drive it across the road.
Speaker 3: What are you doing else other than using.
Speaker 4: This beautiful resource.
Speaker 3: These ice creams are gonna melt, Stock's gonna go off.
Speaker 4: This is your time, my friend, get out there and sell ice creams. If anyone can shed any night on this, Jack's theory that there seems to be less ice cream vans around at the moment.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Right now, we need your pets names.
Speaker 4: We're trying to complete the alphabet A through to Z of your pets names. Here's the ones you gave us yesterday.
Speaker 6: Well, we have a road tailed black cocker two in his name as Bando at Terrapin, Tortoise Frederick Francis Terrup and Tortoise.
Speaker 7: Brown gonna set a gold dish haland oates.
Speaker 6: To our packers, Gennifer and Jeremy.
Speaker 3: I do have a cat.
Speaker 7: His name is Macavity.
Speaker 4: All right, Jackie boy, the Master of the board and the mega keyboards. What do we have left? What letters are wide open?
Speaker 3: Here are where we still need your pets names. A for antelope, C for cantelope, D go backwards.
Speaker 4: You now need to go every letter you do, you need to attach an animal for itself.
Speaker 3: A for antelope, C for crocodile, D for dear, I for impala, S for swan, you for unicorn, X for x ray fish, and Y for yak.
Speaker 1: That's very impressive, Jackie Boy, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're almost there. We're almost on our A. That the Z of your pet names? The letters that are wide open, Jackie Boy once again.
Speaker 3: A, C, D, I, S, U, X Y.
Speaker 4: He's dropped going through the alphabet with those animals. You didn't care for a second time, did you. Well, I'm brave enough. I got and what animals you went for? It is such a good job as well. All right, let's see if we can tick them off.
Speaker 3: Chari, good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 8: How are we We're good?
Speaker 3: How's your week so far? Chari?
Speaker 6: Very good?
Speaker 3: Thank you awesome?
Speaker 4: Okay, what animal have you got for us?
Speaker 3: And the pet name?
Speaker 8: Well, I've got a few, but I'll start you off at the beginning of the alphabet. I have a fair astrid the Alexandrine parrot.
Speaker 4: Wow, big parrot, small parrot, medium parrot O small.
Speaker 8: To me but metal medium class.
Speaker 4: Right, okay? And is it one of these parrots that will sit on your shoulder while you went for like a walk down the shops.
Speaker 8: She is, but like any female, she can be quite temperamental, and it's on her terms.
Speaker 4: I would love a big old parrot that was just atop my shoulder. I just sort of walked around the neighborhood known as parrot man. Just a true I have its a bucket list before I hit fifty next year. Let's make it happen to you, all right, So we got astro? Is it the parrot? Astrid gotcha and whatever their animals by the way that you said you had there, what have you got?
Speaker 8: Well, astroid have a husband. His name is Ralph.
Speaker 3: Did they have a ceremony?
Speaker 8: And then I've also got three dogs, two cats, and some fish.
Speaker 4: That is a lot going on. It's half an hour every morning to feed them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh well, I'm currently feeding my four months old daughter.
Speaker 4: So is that one of the animals that he's referred to as your George. I don't know. I'm so confused right now, what's happening?
Speaker 8: Oh, they're basically like puppies. Which now she's the skin kid.
Speaker 3: Ah right, gotcha. I never heard that before.
Speaker 4: Don't run with that one, Jackie the boy. This is my skin kid. That's not let's.
Speaker 3: Not google that either.
Speaker 4: All right, we'd better go now, Schari, thank you very much. Le We'll leave you with the skin baby.
Speaker 8: No worries to have a good day, guys, Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Now early in Joe, good morning, good morning everyone want Christian?
Speaker 3: Hell? Are I'm good? Joe?
Speaker 9: You will, I'm very well, thank you.
Speaker 4: They're all is good in my world. If Joe's well, I'm good, Joe. What have you got for us?
Speaker 9: I adopted a lovely rescue dog on Christmas Day named Indy.
Speaker 4: Oh, well done. We used to have a rescue dog. It's a great thing to do. And blessed her. How was the dog was a bit sort of traumatized at first?
Speaker 9: Or yeah, she was rescued from an illegal puppy fan and yeah she's a black Cocker Spaniel.
Speaker 4: Good man for doing that.
Speaker 3: And what do you mean Christmas Day? What happened?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: That's I adopted her from a rescue place in New South Wales in December, and they were coming down to Melbourne for Christmas and they brought the dog with them so I didn't have to organize to go and pick her up.
Speaker 4: Sorry, mate, For some reason, I thought you were just in odds of what to do Christmas Day, you know that bit between between the presence puppy pound like some sort of old fashionable timey Christmas movie.
Speaker 3: Ah love you animals.
Speaker 4: With me as parents and donkeys are all enjoying their freedom like Shaw Shank Deem my own friend. Gotcha, Joe will be clified that all right, Joe, thank you very much. You're cool. Enjoy your day, Have a good day. Karen, This is Karen McDonald. For some reason Chat the producers have labeled up, for the first time ever.
Speaker 1: A.
Speaker 3: Full name.
Speaker 4: Let's do this little callers now today. Can you ask me to Karen McDonald please?
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's some reasons for that actually, because our house is a bit like old McDonald's farm, because we've got a menagerie, so he's the surname fits the household.
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha live from McDonald's farm and what have you got there?
Speaker 11: Callen well, overall we've got for you today. I've got Bubble with Squeak, who are buddy, So we've got this for squeak, and we can give you a CEA for chestnut, which is a catch. Yeah, so we've got Minaserie.
Speaker 3: Is there more?
Speaker 4: Because I wouldn't say McDonald's farm with those two.
Speaker 3: I've got more pets than that.
Speaker 4: And I don't called up radio show saying yeah it's about Donald's farm on the line here.
Speaker 3: And last name please.
Speaker 4: You can't call them if I went to see one of those farms. We take kids around. They've got two animals there give shots over there?
Speaker 3: You have other animals, haven't you?
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 11: That's the two we can give you today, name wise. But we've got six cats, we've got a dog, we've got two snakes. We've got a menagery of budgie, guinea pig and tropical fish. So it's pretty busy household.
Speaker 4: You really are McDonald's farm, that is correct?
Speaker 12: And these all pets or that's correct, that's correct.
Speaker 4: How do you find room for them?
Speaker 11: If we do, we manage and I don't take up a lot of space.
Speaker 4: So it's all good, right, gotcha, Karen, lovely to talk to you, mate, and sure the rest.
Speaker 3: Of your week.
Speaker 11: Thank you you too both.
Speaker 13: Now, Tracy, Christian, how are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm going to Tracy and Tracy. What's your surname? Just we can't get full names on this morning.
Speaker 10: Whittling, Hey, whitch is on?
Speaker 3: Witcho?
Speaker 4: Okay, now, Tracy, what's the animal you've got for us?
Speaker 13: It's my daughter's cat.
Speaker 8: She had a cat and she named it.
Speaker 3: Yoshi Yoshi, great name, right one.
Speaker 6: She's a gamer, so she took it from a game.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I thought it might be a reference to a flaming lip song, which is a great song.
Speaker 6: I don't know what, Christian, not many people.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows the most famous Yoshi is from Mario. Nobody's confusing. Yoshi's in the world.
Speaker 4: There is Jackie my world, there is Tracy. Thank you very much for that one. Thanks all right, take care now, all right, Jackie boye. What is the remaining We must only have two or three.
Speaker 3: Three to go. The letter D, the letter U, and the letter X.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's now these next. Give me a call my skin babies.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian Common Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Only three spaces to feel as we try and go through the alphabet eight Z with your listener's pet na. That's some weird and wonderful beat names. But there are three it is that right, jack three remaining.
Speaker 3: We've opened it up to four. Now someone got excluded for giving us two and it's one perl Lissner.
Speaker 4: I just got to be honest. Sure Squeak isn't a good enough name for a pet. It's it's it's the name that befits a little budgy.
Speaker 3: Didn't it. You know what's wrong with the budgy?
Speaker 4: It's a non pet to me, Oh, I feel it make me feel sad I see in that little cage and that they're just little things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Would you have a budge?
Speaker 3: We have one stolen? Or was he a canary? Stolen off our front porch when I was a kid.
Speaker 4: What was he doing out the front porches? The parents wanted him to go rid of I would just think that's like people put out in the front lawn when they want someone to get rid of it. The little fella, he didn't put him.
Speaker 3: In hard rubbish. His name was Gus, Gus Gus. Yeah, he's in his cage on the porch and got Nick Cage and all, I'm older you when this happened, I was six. Were you upset? No? Actually I don't. I guess I didn't have much of a connection to Gus. He was mum and Dad's bird. What six yacht boy has that kind of dark heart?
Speaker 4: If I had a bit budgy at the age of six. I love that little fellow. He's my mum and dads. I'm into green Day in ten years time. All right, let's go back to as we've gone down a coulder sack with Jackie Boy.
Speaker 3: So the let us we need a d s u X.
Speaker 4: No budgies nine four one four one o four three all right, pe gus. Alright, let's go to Stuart McDonald. Keep up with the surname, guys, got Stuart McDonald on my line, Stu, Good.
Speaker 7: Morning, the morning Chris. And here you're going.
Speaker 4: I'm good. So I understand you're a snake catcher or you just got to come.
Speaker 7: No, No, I've just got one snake named Darryl.
Speaker 4: Darryl, I love that Daryl the snake awesome. And what kind of snake is Darryl?
Speaker 7: He's a diamond python. Then he's about sixty years old Diamond.
Speaker 4: Darryl double d powerful, very powerful and how do you get hold of him? Did he buy him?
Speaker 3: Or yeah?
Speaker 7: Just from the tips door as a reptile store in Glenn Wavely So yeah, got in May.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that in the old pet shops and stuff like that in the UK, you cannot get hold of a snake.
Speaker 3: They're rubbish. You get a rabbit, a guinea.
Speaker 4: Pie, it's basic. You certainly wouldn't get a diamond python. It shut down they protesters. There be too much for us. Steve, thank you very much for that one. That's d lockdown with Daryl the Python. Debbie McCrae, come on in, Abbie McCrae, welcome on board.
Speaker 6: Hello, how are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good Therebbi McCrae. What pet name have you got for us?
Speaker 8: Zena?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's great. N's great name as well. And what is Zena? What kind of pets?
Speaker 13: He's a black tech.
Speaker 4: Called Zena and I'm something out of some of the worrier All right, thank you very much, Deborah, No worry, say bye bye now by Tom dows TD.
Speaker 3: Good get he Tom.
Speaker 4: That's how we're going to start, all right, Tom, what have you got for us, mate, a pet name for the Ages, said, my dog's name is great name, Great card name, one of the top three card games of the world. If you ask me, I love playing. Brought a new set the weekend for a fifteen minute flight to camera. I break the seal. My Torge goes not. We don't need to play Uno.
Speaker 3: She's eighteen. Let it go down.
Speaker 4: On last game. You know.
Speaker 3: You can have all the drops, Tom, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Your call, which Thomas a barrel of lass has got a lot going on in l TD? Is all right? Why call up? If you're like p on the old party, Tom, come on, all right, here we go here it's it's old guys. We haven't spoken to e Liza mcnabbing ages.
Speaker 8: Morning.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 8: Are you?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: We're great? Okay? Liz?
Speaker 4: This will be the last one, won't it?
Speaker 3: Jack? This is it?
Speaker 4: This is it?
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the final letter in the eights head of listeners pet names? What have you got for us to take us home?
Speaker 3: Liz? Scooby doo it's meant to be, guys.
Speaker 4: See if we kept a squeak Jack, we don't get Scooby Dooby do great name, Great name and what it's a dog?
Speaker 3: Isn't it beautiful?
Speaker 4: When he's has he got Scooby snacks.
Speaker 8: He's got plenty snacks.
Speaker 14: He's very spoil Scooby snacks?
Speaker 3: Are they Scooby snacks?
Speaker 8: He's got sky Soft toys.
Speaker 4: I love get him some Scooby snack.
Speaker 3: I've got a lot going on with my little fish.
Speaker 4: Next year.
Speaker 3: My daughter is leaving home next year. I don't even think it's something you can buy, you keeping. I'm going to make my own Scooby snacks. Please, thank you very much for finishing ours that.
Speaker 4: Okay, take care McNab thank you.
Speaker 3: Now, who know Carl Brighter?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Straight into Our eight is out of the nineties with the E m F. It's all about the letter E this morning, make you.
Speaker 3: Infinity and be hones.
Speaker 1: This is this nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: You can't handle the true go up.
Speaker 1: For her.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's adz of the nineties. Yeah, maybe ages of the nineties. This week days.
Speaker 4: Thank you Huggy for the nurse every Wednesday. Bless him he comes in early. That is so kind. All right, Jackie boy, what does the letter E in the nineties mean to you.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid in the nineties, there was a character on TV named e C, a terrifying doll on an otherwise spectacular children's program called Liftoff, which we have a theme song for. This is a minute twenty so let me know when you want to jump in that.
Speaker 4: He's having a way of a time, Jackie.
Speaker 3: Great fun on Lift Off, many wacky adventures, many wacky characters. But the kids on the show had this doll with no eyes and no mouth skin from the eyebrow down called EC. EC didn't speak. It just moved its head slowly, terrifying. What did EC stand for? Extremely creepy? It was meant to see. It was meant to stand for every child. So it didn't have an eild, goes to Hell and looks like him. It grew up to a coome Peter Dutty. You were meant to be able to I guess because it didn't have hair or eyes. You could go, oh, well, I can imagine EC has my eye color. It got blue eyes and blonde hair, or it's got brown eyes and brown hair. But what they did instead was terrify every child from watching TV at all because ec didn't have eyes, didn't have a mouth, didn't have hair, and he's even his ears were sort of melded to the side of his hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now as a sort of mask you see on someone who's robbing the house, it's may be terrify. I don't know why any hoo, I think that this is the right thing for kids to be exposed to.
Speaker 3: And because it was a real fabric puppet and made in the nineties on Australian TV, so I guess they didn't have that much money over the season. He's he kind of got a bit dirty. And I'm looking at photos.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at photo this thing is like now, they'd have like twenty wouldn't they have these various puppets that spot us.
Speaker 3: This thing's filthy, it's grubby.
Speaker 4: Its he was lit in a dirt patcher of muhu made no effort. Back in the day, the eighties and nineties, You're right, kids, TV shows were a lot more basic than they are now. Shoes, string budd Yeah, there was one in the UK around in the eighties called Fingerbobs, right, and all it was was some old beardy jazz guy right who had painted his fingers and we'll go hello fingermups, even as a four year ago, is this his.
Speaker 3: Fingers we deserve? How did he get TV show?
Speaker 4: Bitty or kidding? Go, I've got it, finger Bobs? Okay, can we look at something hang on which literally could cost me five bucks to make the show? Just give me a bag of feltzip pens on the camera once a week, finger Bobs, BBC, give me a TV show.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing about being a kid is we're so torn between our love for after school television and the terrifying puppets like Fingerbobs or EC.
Speaker 4: I actually think that the grown ups that made kids TV shows in the eighties nineties were dealing with some issues and projecting it onto kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were pranking us.
Speaker 4: Now, how must you didn't get a job in Hollywood where they wanted to be writers and make stuff.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a flipping TV.
Speaker 4: Character scaring a kidding ec extremely creepy.
Speaker 3: Oh you have nightmares? All right?
Speaker 4: So this morning? What TV character from a kid's TV show terrified you? Like Poor Jackie Boy and EC?
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Just fas It'll be nice for you to chat post to learn this sing it to the anchor when she is going into labor.
Speaker 3: This is the kind of song we need on the playlist. Actually, yeah, Astray relaxing.
Speaker 4: He struck me as the kind of guy that would actually learn this and do it to impressed girls and then do that thing you know where they slap the guitar the side.
Speaker 3: That you know, what I learned to impressed girls was kiss me sixpence and none the rich cher into the bin. Oh my gosh, what a move. I never had the guts to actually pull it out, but I did. I do remember noodling it at home and getting it ringing just thinking about it.
Speaker 4: This would be the smart play here. This is what is holding me back. Such a lukewarm song as well. All right, so we're doing the eighties of the nineties this week. It's all about the letter E. The other thing that came along in the nineties changed the world was eBay in nineteen ninety five. I didn't realize because obviously you know now it's a mega thing. I think it's worth about ten billion when it first started. Again, when we were talking about the Internet a couple of weeks ago, is breaking new ground. No one ever knew that you can buy and sell online and it would become a massive part of our day to day lives. Now, the first thing ever sold on eBay was a fifteen dollar broken laser pointer, and in some ways that element.
Speaker 3: Of eBay is stored there hasn't changed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I mean I also found out the most expensive thing ever sold on eBay was a one hundred and seventy million dollar yacht. Is that someone is that some Russian oligarch because he's doing buy it now? Was it a lot cheaper? But they always have that rip off price if you just want to buy it now? Did you ever get into eBay during the nineties, jack.
Speaker 3: eBay was our first family's first ever online purchase, And I remember a friend of mine, Sam and I when we were thirteen, came across Astro Boy Zippo lighters for one dollar each and we couldn't believe our luck that something was so cheap enough to convince Mum that we had to, you know, get out the credit card and do the family's first ever online purchase. The trick was the shipping was eighteen dollars each and when they came they were tiny. They were the size of a memory card and looked like a normal zippo that had been shrunk down to a comical size, and it didn't.
Speaker 4: Come with the light of advertised.
Speaker 3: But for a while we thought, well, we'll buy these zippos, will sell them at the school. I don't know why we thought. We didn't even like Astro Boy. I don't know why we thought our whole school would like Astro Boy. But the zippos were a piece of junk by the time they came.
Speaker 4: I remember years ago, right after the first season of The Sopranos, I was into an I thought, I do you know what I love? This is my show, right, no one knows about this. I'll give you that kid that's got some sort of memorabilia. I wander around with a T.
Speaker 3: Shirt and people go, hey, what's that Sopranos. You don't even know who it is.
Speaker 4: So I go on to Emay and it says Bada bing as warn my Tony Soprano.
Speaker 3: It's a bowling shirt. Right again.
Speaker 4: I'm having that, you know, because someone like me would look really good in a bowling shirt.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's aspirational, isn't it to walk around the streets of London in a bowling shirt?
Speaker 3: Trying to thirty Italian mobster from New York.
Speaker 4: Anyway, this thing turns up. This thing is not bad of being. Someone's just brought a white bowling shirt and written in it. It must have been like a giant mega sort of sharpie badder being it's not pressed on or in any way like that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it costs me two hundred and fifty US dollars, not as advertised as advertised.
Speaker 4: Plus I got stung for and I bet some people have heard this story where you buy something, can you think, well, I can afford that, that's okay, and.
Speaker 3: Then suddenly you get that bill from like customs.
Speaker 4: And the tax people, Oh you can have it. It's another The whole thing cost me so like three hundred and fifty bucks. I put it on anyway, so I thought maybe I could just wear this. My wife said, if you ever wear that out, I will leave you.
Speaker 3: Sadly. But it being in rest in peace fil right now.
Speaker 1: Somewhere Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 11: Thank You Ring.
Speaker 4: Eight in the nineties, Every week on the Christian O'Connell's show, The Letter e just to dig out just off this radio station's old copy of Eagle Eye Cherry Set and fight the break and done Shakespeare. Shakespeare couldn't have written a line like that.
Speaker 3: He tricked me there during the song. He said he Eagle Eye Cherry was one guy and he only had one eye. And I believed you.
Speaker 2: I thought, oh, amazing, amazing.
Speaker 3: He made a great career for himself with one eye. And I was just looking at him. He's got two eyes.
Speaker 4: Of course he does one eye the power of an eagle, so they name them eager eyed, and he liked Cherry's I just presumed you realize he didn't have one eye, and that's what it's called eagle eyed Cherry.
Speaker 3: But the power he out with that eye. Even if he were the back of one of his concerts, he'd call him out.
Speaker 4: He could see with that whoa eagle eye power here with that one amazing eye, eagle eye with two eyes.
Speaker 3: He said it with such conviction that I believed you be careful what you just throw around like that. I would have if I didn't have time to google it, I would have gone around telling people today that Eagle Cherry on the had one eye.
Speaker 4: And then suddenly he's trending and eagle eye has to make comment, going, I have two eyes Where is this come from?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: It's twenty five to eight Christian O'Connell's show on God. We were just talking about the letter E in the nineties and the eBay and how it changed our lives. This morning, I wanted to call the show. Think about something you've bought online recently that just telling us what it is would aid you. I can go straight away. I recently an early birthday present to myself. I love the thing, but it screams my age forty nine cycling his way into fifty.
Speaker 3: I've got a peloton.
Speaker 4: I mean, you don't even have to go.
Speaker 3: How old are you go?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he enjoyed fifty. Yeah, of course a guy like yous. I mean, here's garage, sweating and crying on a peloton.
Speaker 3: Trying to ride away from your problems.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to ride my way into a healthy fifty year old me. I'm going to meet in a year's time.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 4: Actually, if you don't mind, first time I used it right. My wife came into the garage because she actually thought I'd fallen over because the noises were, like, she said, an animal in distress, and it was an animal in distress. I've never done a spin glass in my life. Right half an hour into this thing, I was red faced, veins, you know, sort of throbbing and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, crass.
Speaker 4: So I had to then promise her I've had to. I had to buy one of these watches that you know, you can sort of track your heart rate. I've got no prexisting conditions. And not only that, if I'm using it in the house alone, I have to text my wife afterwards.
Speaker 3: I stood alive, don't do it.
Speaker 4: Big and have a heart atta exactly because she saw that pertsion, she thought, well, that's him, but not the mister big.
Speaker 3: Part, but the heart stuff. Maybe so a, you're on video with a whole lot of other riders, or no, there's.
Speaker 4: A guy I use only guy called Dennis Norton. He's my main ride. I just ride with Dennis every time. I actually started to form quite a very strong bond with Dennis. Where the other day I googled him to find her if he was married. I'm I'm joking right, if he came to my house, I went, hey, Christian, you know it's Dennis here.
Speaker 3: Come with me. They're start a new life together.
Speaker 4: I'm going in a heartbeat. I actually think this is who I'm probably meant to be with. And thank you Sarah for twenty four years of marriage. It got me here to meet Dennis. This has always been me and Dennis to actually do Peloton glasses together, to ride out together. Patsy age yourself with a waist online purchase.
Speaker 2: Mine's probably worse.
Speaker 5: I just bought another because I've had the old one and I've used it that much. It's busted a grip mit that you used to open jars and stuff.
Speaker 3: So when the love gots and crush Chris's balls, yeah, pop it like a grape.
Speaker 2: Not home to say, can you open this? I can use it?
Speaker 10: What you mean?
Speaker 4: It's some sort of like iron Man wholk hand thor thing you put your hand into and suddenly you've got like ten times strength.
Speaker 5: It's a rubber glove and it's got like this grips sort of surface.
Speaker 4: Those advertised ons from sexy Land, I think. I don't think it's opening jars and you gotta wear the heart rate monitor from that one as well, and take my life after it's done.
Speaker 2: Can you wrap your fingers around the jar?
Speaker 4: That's right, It's said the same thing on the description and loosen off the lid. No, okay, things have gone about oufhand. It's perhaps's fault. It's always just remember we are on the radio. Could you just bea scoll up an age in yourself with a recent online purchase.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Talking about eBay, how it came along in the nineties and changed our lives today, asking you age yourself with a recent online purchase.
Speaker 3: Jack, what's it for you? I bought a draft excluder. Oh yeah, fabric like door snake, double sided door snake, really because he lives on both sides of the door for an internal door, because it was getting a little bit drafty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And a draft is only something you've become aware of once you get over thirty. You know, in your teenageyears and twenties you're immune to a draft. Suddenly one day DNA gets activated. The moment you start sort of click there yet the clock goes over into your thirties and you go, is there a wit you do? This? Is there a window opening?
Speaker 3: It's like a doors open. It does start to bug you, doesn't this? I must do something about that?
Speaker 4: Right through the bones one and therefore you're ordering a draft excluder one day, higgo who works here dos a brilliant trivetime show starts in the New Year's Back to Day from four. He has a I don't know if this says not about the ages out or how much beer he's getting through. He's actually got a wall mounted beer can crusher, you know, so it's easy to I mean, I find that my recycling bin is enough for all the booze I get through right here.
Speaker 3: Go if I start to require some.
Speaker 4: Kind of machinery to crunch it up to create more room, I'm not sure that's the way it goes.
Speaker 3: With a wall mounted can crush.
Speaker 4: It feels out what Biff would have from Back to the Future if he was middle age now a crusher.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know if it says something about your age or just something about another problem that you need to deal with in your life. But best of fluck to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He goes back today from four crushing crushing those cans. And Hudson has just ordered online a co rack. This thing has over nine hundred five star reviews on Amazon right and I got to be honest, it is a gorgeous looking coat rack stand industrial coat tree.
Speaker 3: Who needs an industrial co tree? A factory?
Speaker 4: The interest to the factory always shoe rack and bench with shelves.
Speaker 3: This looks absolutely amazing.
Speaker 4: Chris Christian age myself, with a recent online purchase a replacement dishwasher arm Marx, ordered a shoehorn.
Speaker 3: Good God, good god. I mean I've seen them.
Speaker 4: I almost thought, Ah, it is a pain in the morning when you're bending over to put your shoe on. Right, is the shoehorn the future for all of us? Old people use it because obviously it's easier. But why wait until you're in your seventies? Why not begin to shoehorn years now?
Speaker 3: I thought it was only for getting into dress shoes. I got a shoehorn when I bought my wedding shoes as a bonus, like it came free with the shoe, and I thought you had to get into all dress shoes with a shoehorn.
Speaker 4: No, I think you could probably get into your nikes or trainers with a shoehorn. Have you got shoehorn, Pats, Chris, can you ask you what it's like? Get a little review for tomorrow's show. I'm curious, Christian. I've just ordered some bird feeders.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 4: I've just ordered a rotating spice rack organizer. Oh, I'd love that. Ours is too small. We've got too many spices for the weedy little rack. A rotating one. That is the future world on. Paul Christian, I've just ordered a extra long hot water bottle. I don't know, Jude, I don't know whether you wrap it round or something.
Speaker 3: Christ full body length. Imagine that I'd love that too much.
Speaker 4: He unless it's Dennis Christian. I have got a heated backwarmer. Oh mg, it's a game changer.
Speaker 3: That's wrong. Change.
Speaker 4: I've got special glasses for cutting onions.
Speaker 3: Come on that, ninety. Do you know what i'd one before? Swimming goggles work?
Speaker 4: You don't need to be stealing out special glasses for cutting onions. Christian. I ordered a couple of months ago a paper shredder for the home. What kind of documents you getting through? Okay, high level security?
Speaker 3: Who you're hiding them from? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Adrian has now got his first ever pair at the age of forty three of sketches. You know those trainers soft shoe, Yes, but they're trainers. I mean they're all over the world. Do you see mysel I was in South and yesterday there's that. There's a massive one there. They look comfortable, don't they you? Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: It's like crocs. People swear by him even though they don't look maybe to everybody, the most attractive shoe, but they must be comfortable. Do you know what?
Speaker 4: When I interviewed Hugh Grant, I was horrified to look down at him.
Speaker 3: He was wearing a pair sketches, sketches, crops. I'm sure he's got some sands.
Speaker 4: Out a new promo in air of the old squeaky crock machines, the old rubber eyed shoes. No good god, no, Heaven's above. But the sketches you had a pair on. I'd love to speak to anyone. Are they that comfortable? Do you think we've just been snobbish and we're missing out in a whole new world of joy.
Speaker 3: Well, if a listers are wearing them, then they must be comfy. You're not that you're not the playboy that Hugh Grant what used to be. But you're quite right.
Speaker 4: Was he rocking those when he was in that car and that lay by?
Speaker 3: Maybe he was changing them.
Speaker 4: All these shoes are so tight and we just put on my bran new pair sketches. Oh hello, officer, this looks this lady has saw that. She's on the shop and Calvin has extra strength cod liver oil tablets. That normal cod liver is not enough for you. Calvianese extra strength cod liver oil tablet.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Question Car Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Something you've ordered online recently might be the last couple of months that in a way ages you Jack. You found another one, well, probably in your buying history.
Speaker 3: Bob Bank's most recent one is a salad spinner. But it came here and it's still in the box. She hasn't even got out of the box.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I can imagine in my life without the salad spinner. No, seriously, we've got one. We use it every day. You put all the salad in there, and in you you put the water. Then you spin it and it drains all the water off. It cleans all the stuff.
Speaker 10: What what what?
Speaker 3: It's just on the picture of the box. It's got a lettuce in the salad spinner, iceberginning it around. Yep.
Speaker 4: Put it all in there, you put your fill it. We don't fill it with water, but you you rinse it with the water in there to clean it all. Then you put the lid on. It's got like a draw string, you know, like an old fashioned lawn mower, and you yankee a couple of times it spins. It's all dry. You then empty out the water. You've got a nice, clean, fresh Crisp Iceberg.
Speaker 3: Well, we obviously donate a lot of salad because it been in the house now two weeks and still in the box.
Speaker 4: Well, that's explained the state of you these days. So man who's got no greenery around him?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Nine four one four one oh four three. By the way, Jack, and know you're not in the studio, you're doing the show from home while he stay COVID free. Perry, who works on the show, has recently ordered orthopedic shoes and a gold chain.
Speaker 3: What he's got there.
Speaker 4: What a combo is someone who's accepting his life and in denial and that and that, if I just sum up my life, that's me. I'm both accepting and those are my two modes, often actually at odds with each other.
Speaker 3: Sometimes. Can't wait to see the gold chain, though, when I get back in there, I.
Speaker 4: Want him to only wear it with the combo with the orthopedic shoes and the gold chain. All right, let's go to lines and age yourself with a recent online purchase.
Speaker 15: Steve, come on him, Hello and good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning Steve.
Speaker 15: By the way, I've got a cell of spinner as well. There quite awesome, great, aren't they are?
Speaker 3: They are a game changer, Steve.
Speaker 15: Back in our day anyway, Steve.
Speaker 4: By the way, Steve, you've got a butter dish.
Speaker 1: Of course we have.
Speaker 15: We've got two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good man, I only got one.
Speaker 4: I want to get a back up one actually did.
Speaker 3: On the way home. Two different butteries. Yeah, yeah, but dish out. Yeah, anyways, never mind.
Speaker 15: Carry A number of years ago, my mother, my dearest elderly mother put me under this idea and it's called a sock buddy.
Speaker 16: And what it is.
Speaker 15: It's a plastic cuby type thing that you put your sock on inside out onto this tube and then you beat your foot into the tube and it puts your.
Speaker 7: Sock on for you.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure Wallace and Grummer had something like that. Sounds amazing to have that in the morning, it is unbelievable.
Speaker 15: And then I U, I do use my shoehorn as well.
Speaker 3: But see I've got you're winning your day soon.
Speaker 4: You begin the day like that where you're actually gliding into it, gliding socks done into the shoe. You're going to glide on into your.
Speaker 15: Sock on perfectly. There's no pulling up a sock and getting up strike. It's perfect every single time.
Speaker 4: Moment we have some time up nine suck buddy is coming my way, Steve, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I will always remember this call. You changed my life.
Speaker 15: Fantastic. Always severe. Have a great day.
Speaker 4: Please enjoy that spinner and that double butter dish situation you've got there, Debbie. Good morning, Good morning, Debbie. Welcome to the show. Age yourself for the recent purchase. What's it for you?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 12: Well, I noticed when I went to a wedding and wore some heels that I started to look like I was getting some onions, So I.
Speaker 3: Agwller.
Speaker 4: If you're just tuned in, it is not stil Mitchell, please.
Speaker 12: But I went online and bought these silicon toe separators, so damn. They're supposed to keep your toes apart so you don't get the bunyon and you can wear them under your shoes, except that they don't fit in your shoes because they're.
Speaker 3: Too big toes are found out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what do you do? Just wear them around the house or around the office?
Speaker 3: How do you separate?
Speaker 12: You try to wear them around the house, except you look like you're walking like a penguin because you know, you kind of don't have the same.
Speaker 4: Ballance on you and Debbie, why can't you wear them at nighttime?
Speaker 3: You know, if you're sleep for couple of hours, separate.
Speaker 12: Then well I did. I tried that, but then as you roll over, they fall up, so then you've got to search through the bed.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great, Debbie.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there are many many other people who are secret in cars right now looking around and going that's me as well. Actually, you've given them all the voice this morning, Debbie. Thank you for calling a share of that with us. Mate, have a good day.
Speaker 3: Cheers, Bye bye bye, Debbie.
Speaker 4: Tony, I'm good, Jack. You need to under down this. A lot of people have been calling in about sketches.
Speaker 3: They must be they're vitorium. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Uh, I've had two pairs of sketches over six years. I'm about to buy my third set. They'll be exactly the same sketches I've had before my first ones, and I was a sketcher skeptic to begin with.
Speaker 4: This is great a support group, Christian, I was a sketches skeptic.
Speaker 14: The Sketches are casual looking footwear. They're not don't look like a runner.
Speaker 8: They're like a canvas.
Speaker 14: I were my first pair for a couple of years, and as I got a bit threadbare, they ended up in the laundry in my outdoor shoes. And I have another pair that I wear casually inside and out and about, and they were They're good.
Speaker 4: Enough for being comfortable on your feet outside.
Speaker 7: They are fantastic. You need to put your feet into.
Speaker 3: I'm coming, I'm coming shopping with you.
Speaker 4: I'm turning and what one would you recommend?
Speaker 14: I go for the casual canvas. They're like a bluey gray color and they look like a casual shoe. They don't look like a runner, and they are really super company. You won't take them off.
Speaker 7: You'll be wearing them to work.
Speaker 3: Really absolutely, and what makes it that extra.
Speaker 7: Con track.
Speaker 14: They're very They're not super supportive, but they don't need to be. They're very soft underfoot, and they're padded the whole way around the foot, so wherever you're padding language, They are beautiful.
Speaker 3: Why do you need padding on the sides of your foot though you're not stepping on the side of you.
Speaker 4: Like a hug for your foot, isn't it when you get the side, Oh, you cut into that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they're very comfortable and super light, so that combination is unbeutable.
Speaker 4: You're quite right. I did have a pair of diving boots once and they were come but just really hard to get upstairs.
Speaker 9: I've a comfortable gumbleage, but they're not.
Speaker 3: It's not Tony.
Speaker 4: All right, Well listened, when Jack and I are ready to go shopping, we'll take you along with us.
Speaker 3: Tony, Okay, absolutely, thank you. We got Jamie on the line another run. This is an unsponsored segment, by the way, I.
Speaker 4: Should just point out with no money has changed hands. If only we knew Jack, we could have demanded some.
Speaker 3: Jamie.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Christian. I just want to say I agree with Tonie. I have had sketches since I started nursing. I'm thirty two now, and I asked, you know, some friends you know what that were nurses, what shoes? And they said, sketches. They actually make the work with range that they do so there's one specifically for nurses that they make, and they just yeah, they're just the greatest, most countious things you'll ever get us.
Speaker 4: Right, honestly, right, No greater advert for someone looking for comfortable shoes than they make them for nurses, because you guys are on your feet all day long, up and down the wards.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, no, like you, we're just like you can grow a normal pair of runners and try.
Speaker 8: And wear them.
Speaker 10: But these ones, you know, they're waterproof, they're you know, fully and clothes, so you know they need all the standards that we have to meet for our footwear.
Speaker 4: Very nice, Jamie Jack Jack, I don't know about you. We need to get some.
Speaker 3: I never really liked the look of a sketcher. But what about the film. I'm coming around the eye, but ask the foot what it wants.
Speaker 4: Mine are talking to me.
Speaker 3: You can wear them indoor, outdoor, climbing, the mountains, yes, wherever you want, waterproof, fully close.
Speaker 4: We need to embrace this new world.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much all the cause we are moving on now from Age Yourself with a recent online purchase. So it's now just been overtaken by this they've been zombies and they're now marching towards the studio in very comfortable footwear. Those these zombies are the walking sketches. Have an email from Paul here, who's got them for his one year old boy. He's already winning life, isn't that little one year old?
Speaker 3: What are your old's feet? All right?
Speaker 4: They don't need comfortable shoes, walk around barefoot? And good luck to Adam Bond Here's a recent online purchase does age him. Today He's walking into the clinic with Dr Snip to have the snip. He ordered it online a couple of weeks ago. Adam, I hope it all goes well, all right? So on a Wednesday, it's time.
Speaker 1: For a business like showl.
Speaker 15: I shared a taxi with Russell Crowe's ice skates.
Speaker 6: We saw Patrick Gainsfield shaving three people in the water for Newton. Old makeup artist did my makeup for my wedding, so I've actually had on my body dust and mattin football shorts.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's weakest claim to fame.
Speaker 4: Every Wednesday we searched for and celebrate your week claim to fame nine four one four one four three Ellie good.
Speaker 3: Morning, good morning here going, I'm good Eddie. What is your week? Claim to fame, my.
Speaker 12: Friend, my weakest claim to fame is that I floated down the river with Judy Nunn, who played Alfa al Stuart's wife on Home and Away about twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: This is big, This is why we have floating down the river with her.
Speaker 9: It was easy even everyone just sort of congregates down the river, these fireworks and whatnot there before they fenced it.
Speaker 11: All off, so that liked everyone to be drinking down there.
Speaker 12: They fenced it all off. But before that, yeah, we ran into her and we also to float down the river.
Speaker 15: I would have been about seven years old.
Speaker 6: And she said, yeah, why not?
Speaker 3: So I know what was Judy floating on?
Speaker 8: No, we just like we were actually were floating on anything. We were just sort of floating us, floating swimming.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've ever swam before, Jack, it's actually quite easy to gain buoyancy.
Speaker 3: I thought you were on Lilo's or at least an inflatable boat with no no, nothing like that.
Speaker 8: And we're fully clothed as well, and so was she.
Speaker 3: That was going to be Jack's next question. What was she wearing he's obsessed with members of Home and Away. All right, Annie, thank you very much. She cool, Thank you, Bye, Marilyn, it's hello, yes, hello. And what's your weakest claim to fame?
Speaker 6: My mother once cooked for Lee Marvin and William Holden, a couple of actors that were very.
Speaker 4: Well, Yeah Marvin and and William Holden. Yeah, Lee Marvin amazing at point break.
Speaker 3: And so she was.
Speaker 6: She was asked to fill in as a cook at a fishing launch and they were the guests that weekend.
Speaker 4: Where was this?
Speaker 6: This was in in New Guineas back in the late seventies, it would have been.
Speaker 4: And what does she cook for these two Hollywood legends, as far as I'm known to just cooked the fish that they caught. That's when we're leading men knew how to live the land. It ain't catching any fish, now, is he? Tom Cruise?
Speaker 3: Actually, Tom Cruise probably would come out with a shark, maybe wearing that shark as well, sark, Tom Cruise. All right, Marnin, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: She called Christian O'Connell show podcast some.
Speaker 3: More claims to fame? Your weakest claims to fame?
Speaker 4: Every single Wednesday on the Christian O'Connell show on gold Evander.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning Christian, and good morning.
Speaker 4: Young Evander.
Speaker 3: What a great name you've got.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 12: My weakest claim to fame is my humanities teacher literally bumped into Rihanna in Venice.
Speaker 4: What tell me more of Vander?
Speaker 12: So he and his wife were walking on some street Venice and he literally bumped into her. They brushed shoulders, and they both apologized, and they walked a bit more, and then his wife sent to him. He's like, was that Rihanna?
Speaker 8: And he's like, it was Rihanna?
Speaker 12: And then everyone else heard and they started rushing towards her.
Speaker 4: Wow, and how did you find this out? He's obviously your teacher, is the Evander. Yeah. He told the class well in the middle of a lesson or the start start.
Speaker 12: When he first introduced himself to us this year.
Speaker 4: Isn't that impressive? Straight away? You like that teacher of Vander?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a teacher that's brushed shoulder with Rihanna. Suddenly you're going to pay attention in his class?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is he a good teacher?
Speaker 12: Yeah, mister Blevins is an amazing teacher.
Speaker 4: Oh, bless god, what a lovely thing. I'm sure, we're here about this today? And Evander, I've got to say, what do you want to do when you grow up? Who got any idea? Because if you ever want to do radio, you have a great way of talking. You could easily take over from me. Just leave him another couple of years. I've got to get the kids university. Just give it another five or six. That's a green shake hands, and then you can come and get me and I'll be ready. I lay down the headphones and I go. Evander.
Speaker 3: I always knew this day would come. You're ready, But yeah, what do you want to do with Vander?
Speaker 12: I want to own my own robotics engineering company.
Speaker 4: Yep, go for that.
Speaker 3: Then they're one of the.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: You're quite right.
Speaker 4: I ain't shoot for that.
Speaker 3: If you don't get the graines, come do this.
Speaker 4: I love that. So is that what you're interested in?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I love my technology, new robotics engineering stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Wow, you're a smart man.
Speaker 4: So you love Elon Musky?
Speaker 14: I guess.
Speaker 4: I guess you can move aside. Evander's here, And what have you got a name for your company? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What would we called?
Speaker 12: I'm thinking of naming it satara'ss A state of the art robotics and animatronics.
Speaker 3: Tell you what do you know what?
Speaker 4: I don't doubt one thing that you will go to do what you're meant to do. Honestly, I love the ambition and drive.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 4: Let to you full speed and everything you do. Evander World, Get ready, Evander is coming. Move aside, Muskie.
Speaker 3: Evander, you can build a robot that can take over to Christmas job.
Speaker 4: They try the trip then with Marty are going to send you a prize.
Speaker 12: Okay, awesome, thank you for your time, Christian.
Speaker 4: I'm quite humble by the politeness here.
Speaker 3: Evander. You're a charm.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Have a good day. Take care to see us.
Speaker 4: That kid will be interviewing him in two years time. He's going to go on and change the world.
Speaker 3: What a visionary visionary Jewels, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: I mean, that guy's just charmed the whole show. I think I should just go home. There's nothing else for us to do.
Speaker 3: Jewels.
Speaker 4: What's your week claim to fame?
Speaker 8: It seems very.
Speaker 13: Weak now after hear an Evander. But my weekest claim to fame is my dad opens the Beatles' bank account.
Speaker 4: Stories.
Speaker 3: Did he live in Liverpool?
Speaker 4: Yes? They either went out with John Lennon and sex with Paul.
Speaker 3: Bring a drive the car.
Speaker 4: I worked up there.
Speaker 3: Every second scouse has got well.
Speaker 4: My mom went out, did she right?
Speaker 3: And now your dad try the old big one. I opened up their back.
Speaker 4: Hey save now John? Allright, enjoy retirement. Beetles won around forever?
Speaker 13: Can I reckon that he's a banker in Penny Lane that stands on the corner.
Speaker 4: Now I believe it. I believe from all No, no, no, it's not. There is a bank there on the.
Speaker 13: Corner in Penny Lane. There's a banker stands on the corner.
Speaker 4: Probably waved a little mention, Jiels, that's a great one. That's a great well. Thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: If you have any weakest claims to fame, you can email book a spot ahead of next week Christian at Christian.
Speaker 3: O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: I already I have just seen a great one coming on email about Zach Efron on a boat do an echo tour? I love that with all the tourists. Time for today's time waste. Today is National Cheapskate Day. Patsy, do you know a cheap skate.
Speaker 2: I think I might work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too, think I know someone.
Speaker 3: You guys are crazy. How about those vouchers I gave you for a massage at Christmas?
Speaker 4: Years haven't had anything since.
Speaker 3: Yeah, until you use your voucher, you're not getting another present.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 4: Well Man post Top three stingiest celebrities according to Hollywood Reporter the Best Sources. Ed Sharing claimed an interview with he has a strict budget and only gives himself twelve hundred bucks a month for spending money. Oh, already twelve hundred bucks. He's not spending it on good looking clothes. If you've seen a state of him or here cuts He's had the same bank account he's had since he was a teenager.
Speaker 3: That doesn't mean you're a cheap scout.
Speaker 4: It doesn't, doesn't.
Speaker 3: It just means you're like that bank.
Speaker 4: We can't we bother to go and open up a new one.
Speaker 3: Imagine if if.
Speaker 4: I'm Edgi walked into west Pake opened up a new account. All the running around, then they'd find some open branches and stuff like that. Mail gives some stool tries his first car. That doesn't surprise me. Mark Zuckerberg as this sounds like jappope master. Zuckerberg refuses to tip at restaurants and has reportedly fought hotels over minuscule charges on his bills. It's not welst quality.
Speaker 3: No, I hate that, especially because in America meant to tip it. Here you're not expected to tip. I always tip.
Speaker 4: Come on, they don't earn enough, right, It's think it's disrespectful.
Speaker 3: Are they? I think that the tips are built into their wage?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Have you do know anyone who's worn in that. I do know kids are working that. That is just not true. What would it cost you to do a couple of percent?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do it, but I don't sound like you do.
Speaker 4: I don't believe it. I've never seen you do it. You must do, and I'm not around.
Speaker 3: I only do it because they stand there and watch you as they hand.
Speaker 4: You someone trying to get a buck Jack's backside.
Speaker 3: They watch you. They pretty much force you into tipping.
Speaker 4: These They don't they look away whenever they do that thing where they go they do the big thing where they.
Speaker 3: Look the other way. Do you want to see this? It's vulgar, all right.
Speaker 4: Cheap movies. Ten Commandments was a very expensive movie.
Speaker 3: The cheaper version is half a commandment bronze.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no.
Speaker 3: Tips for you, No five percent standard driving.
Speaker 4: Miss Daisy costs a lot of money to other chauffeur.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lot of money.
Speaker 4: Not thriving, miss Daisy, she's not. She's not throw for that, Morgan Freeman Any always had to go good will bargain hunting.
Speaker 1: Oh look at that.
Speaker 4: It's a salad spinner for only fifty cents silver plus complimentary breakfast at Tiffany's for all guests.
Speaker 3: Six.
Speaker 4: No coupon for old men. No, we don't take coupons. Sorry silver, Okay, place today, Jackie boy? What have you got for cheap movies?
Speaker 3: Short changing miss Daisy?
Speaker 4: Oh you're judge though not thriving Miss Daisy.
Speaker 3: At least rhymes short change silver? You mean economy, gold, thrifty business?
Speaker 4: Eh, silver functional and the.
Speaker 3: Gum Tree of Life. Get some bargains on gum Tree every night. That's all that deserved. Don't even make it just step raspberry alone.
Speaker 4: Was today comfortable but not stylish.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, let's mark your time wasters on National Cheapskate Day. Make a movie cheaper cheap movies Jack Eyes down.
Speaker 3: You're ready, I'm ready, and I'll do it for free.
Speaker 4: He's had that one chambered for a while. I think your front, the mirror.
Speaker 3: Style, his hair a bit for it. He's got jet up there, he's got jam, cheap movies.
Speaker 4: Let's go, let's go, Eyes down, Crouching Tiger, Hidden mark down.
Speaker 3: Silver.
Speaker 4: He's just not that into paying for you.
Speaker 3: Gold plus. That is very good.
Speaker 4: Put your name on these so you can get the credit you deserve. Eight six eight Meet.
Speaker 3: The Frugals Silver plus, Moon Arms Scrooge Gold.
Speaker 17: Well done, mel Chipchip, bargain bin bag, too much going on, play too busy.
Speaker 3: Inglorious bargains gold.
Speaker 4: Josh, well done. Forget about the new Jackhase movie. It's the new tight.
Speaker 17: Title forever Gold what Mike Edward Edward plastics is a hands you know, those cheap little ones. Silver plus so weak, you know, maybe for Hammad Ashri, we bought a happy meal Yah Silver, mend.
Speaker 3: It like Beckham, Dave, could you mend this otherways? Got a bright brand new toaster. Gold thank you.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's a Richard. I thought it was my performance when Harry split the bill with Sally.
Speaker 3: Let's go fifty.
Speaker 4: Silver we brought a petting Zoo silver plus black Court. Prices are down, down down, Judy, that's great. The reject Shop of Horrors bronze. Dude, where's my go kart?
Speaker 1: Bronze?
Speaker 4: One weeknight at Bernie's is cheaper than a weekend rates Mike ten out of ten. That's very good, dude, where's my tip?
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 4: Get out and walk miss Daisy Gold.
Speaker 3: That's very good. Andy, he's just not.
Speaker 4: Buying that for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but similar to that's better now you don't get it.
Speaker 4: Cheep, chepy skate skate gold type men can't jump gold, very strong, finished, well down everyone. Tomorrow's show today? Will it be tomorrow? Will it be tomorrow? The official drop day for Jackson is Friday, but according to our in show psychic Janell, it's tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Janelle Bridge is iking medium from Melbourne. What I get quite strongly is Thursday.
Speaker 16: So Thursday is a really significant day and I feel that definitely could be the birth of your baby. The other thing that comes through around that is eight Okay, what I'm strongly getting is eight pound three or eight pound four.
Speaker 4: Well, so it could be tomorrow. Excited.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of hubbub about Thursday. We really think he's coming tomorrow. Sound like it, baby, We're ready for tomorrow, exciting me. Don't expect me on tomorrow show because he'll be coming overnight.
Speaker 4: Okay, and tomorrow on the show We Sport. We spoke today to a future billionaire young man, very charming man, really our chicuen very challengement called Evander. He has dreams.
Speaker 12: I want to own my own robotics engineering company.
Speaker 3: Fourteen.
Speaker 4: That's going to happen, right. I believe in a Vanda more than I believe in myself evil. Now that all smash that? Okay, tomorrow. When you were fourteen? What were your dreams?
Speaker 12: I want to own my own robotics engineering company, that's his?
Speaker 3: What were your were you?
Speaker 4: Did you have a vision? We all had visions at fourteen, maybe many of Kelly Lebron, but I didn't have other ones as well.
Speaker 12: But at Vander, I want to own my own robotics engineering company.
Speaker 4: What were your dreams at fourteen? Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU. We're back tomorrow morning, maybe without Jack.
Speaker 3: I'll see you guys next week. Probably you won't say me he's coming tonight, Okay.
Speaker 6: Maybe thank you for your time. Christian and you.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'carl Show podcast