Speaker 1: Imagine, if you will, that you are in a place of great beauty. Some teenage boys walk past you, they yell out, hey, bitch tits. The world you see is a place of paradox of beauty and cruelty. It will cut you off of the knees, then gift.
Speaker 2: You a pair of easies.
Speaker 1: And that, my friends, is why you always always need a buck up.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye ba bye. Look at you your movie.
Speaker 3: Let's tell everyone what's happening. It is a p M record, it.
Speaker 2: Is we are here, we are all the evening.
Speaker 3: I've never seen you with so many pieces of paper in front of them in my life. You are prepped to the snate Valvet locate Lane Brook.
Speaker 2: And this is Sasha French, a highly esteemed producer. In fact, I was listening to a previous episode of THET when I was driving here tonight.
Speaker 3: Follow tell your friends.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, thank you everybody. But I have never heard her laugh cackle period, but particularly with such She was a hoopid in the holler around. I know what you're gonna say, because I may have gotten something slightly around.
Speaker 3: You told a story that was twenty five years old.
Speaker 2: Listen to it.
Speaker 3: Killed me two people so thrilled.
Speaker 2: And also, you know what I noticed in that episode. We're dropping facts left right and said we're not sure of their veracity. She's not checking any of them. But when I tell a story.
Speaker 3: Because you came in here, tip on your on your high horse, going, why don't people google anymore? And you do not even google the story when it happened?
Speaker 2: Google the story, but I couldn't find a date anywhere.
Speaker 3: Nobody googles anything. Hey, just a quick heads up to our buckheads. Who your door?
Speaker 2: Hello, Buck Whittles.
Speaker 3: It's Thursday night. Oh yes, and there's an election in two days.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: This episode goes out Tuesday morning, so oh yes, we have no idea what happened on the weekend, but we think we know what's going to happen. We never know, and we don't know if you our bucket are happy or not. We don't know. This podcast is from Thursday.
Speaker 2: Do you know what we have established when it comes to the political arena?
Speaker 3: What have we established?
Speaker 2: Nobody's ever going to be happy on the political front. And that is why we say not wrong. Bring your world in and have a come to your friends. Katie Nate, what a name, and then and when you make your world small, that is what your world is supposed to be.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 2: There we go, not with two idiots. They're all idiots, and they're all trying to take us down.
Speaker 5: But you know what we say, get bucked, not on our what, not on our whoever won, not on our not on our whoever our PM is today, watch, not on our.
Speaker 2: Watch, and we are watching you, is what we say. But but for instance, what God is in the details? It sure is so it is the devil he is. The details are very crowded.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 3: I can't lie. I'm not one for details.
Speaker 2: And do you know what else I noticed listening back to the poet?
Speaker 3: Through my life, I have been in trouble many times.
Speaker 2: How not patient you are with any any yet?
Speaker 3: Now I'm trying excuse me, h, you do it as well. We don't finish each We don't finish sentences because the other one says it before.
Speaker 2: We get curious about your ideas, whereas I've never heard anyone so disinterested in any of my ideas. It's just desperate for me to stop talking so he can start that.
Speaker 3: It's just just once you start your point, I figure the point out, so that's so on.
Speaker 2: I can't. But you know what we have done. We have touched a nerve.
Speaker 3: You that wouldn't say nerve. I think, let's say exposed a nerve. No, nothing about a nerve talking about rural sandwiches, regional bakery sandwich country sandwiches. But you can't get anywhere in the CBD all right for many of the bird so much mail about it, can you You know we check out these clips, we do this pod. We never know when things are really going to hit to the psyche of our business.
Speaker 2: This has really done it, and so I'm just going to quickly give a few shout out. Let's go the Augusta Bakery. This is someone who's never felt more seen by the way the bakery in Kilcoy Roma in Western Queensland love it Angle See Bakery, Falco Bakery and Collingwood the bakery in Holebrook on the way to Canbra from Melbourne. Hospital style sandwiches from the bakery in Yay. I've spent a lot of time at a hospital. I don't think a hospital style sandwich is ever anything that I've crazed.
Speaker 3: You're not really sitting there holding the hand of a loved one going.
Speaker 2: Turkey delicious curried egg.
Speaker 3: Another comment that went off with someone said, funeral sandwiches all the way.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, funeral sandwiches. But you know why anything after a funeral tastes good starving because yeah, and also it's the taste of life. Oh yeah, it's really good. That way bakery in Macedon. It's the only bakery. Murchison Victoria Port Melbourne bake House. Nick will fix you up.
Speaker 3: That's close.
Speaker 2: I hope that means he'll make a sandwich Keith's cakes.
Speaker 3: In going to finger you.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes I look at mean on the tram fingers if their fingernails are too long, Oh yeah, I think no, thanks, yeah, But then I do if they're not. But then you know what I do? You think as well? I think maybe they're a guitarist.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: But then I'm like, how did the guitarists pull all the girls after big concerts with their claws?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think I've thought about that often.
Speaker 2: That they've got one shorthand bakery.
Speaker 3: Get on down there for a se to go in and see.
Speaker 2: I'll never be able to let go in and let Nick fix me up.
Speaker 3: Now, I meant finger sandwich, Mona.
Speaker 2: Vail Bakery has it. Sydney Northern Beach is fresh to go in Fortitude Valley are the Valley in Brisbane Soon Gauller Place, Adelaide, favorite fillings, Banjo's, Dim Buller Bakery, Lean Gatha Bakery, beech With Bakery. I mean, these are people, they are holding up half the sky issue.
Speaker 3: You are someone that commented any of those recommendations. If you don't think we have gone through them. Kate has a highlighter out.
Speaker 2: I got a hard light.
Speaker 3: I have taken them so seriously those suggestions, So bring it off.
Speaker 2: That's my role on this show.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh yeah, I'm often regional doing a gig. You're often regional with your husband picking up doors, mary, roadside food, all sorts of witchy things.
Speaker 2: Speaking of my husband, so you know he's studying to be a teacher.
Speaker 6: We do.
Speaker 3: He's got the glasses, he's got the.
Speaker 2: Glass, he's got the grumpiness already.
Speaker 3: He's also got that longish hair that men of a sertain age, who teachers.
Speaker 2: Have, who have hair, Yeah, they slick at bar because that's an age in which there are the haves and the have not.
Speaker 3: Does he have his glasses on a chain that he doesn't.
Speaker 2: But you know what I did, I've done every day this week. Because also he's what's known as a hot commodity A. He's going to be a STEM teacher, which is science, Technology, engineering, maths. They're very rare. A male STEM teacher is so rare. Why, well, there are enough of them, Okay, the teaching is a women I need, profession or predominantly Anyway, I'm foaks, what are you doing? I'm sending him off to a staff frame that's going to be full of staff hot teachers.
Speaker 3: I want to be worried about the horny teachers. I'd be worried about the horny students. Your husband.
Speaker 2: You need to worry at the school that he's gone to.
Speaker 3: What's that mean?
Speaker 2: Oh, they're very smart kids. He's got her.
Speaker 3: Loss. Sorry I take that back, No, but I was like, excuse me. Nerds get crushes.
Speaker 2: There's going to be crushes, Okay, not on the student teacher.
Speaker 3: Surely he's gonna be a student teacher.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what he's doing when he walks in, and I think, so, the poor thing, he gets so nervous. Anyway, I'm like, so I'm sending him off to that starfroom. He has to walk in there and they have to know he's loved. So I've seen him with a sandwich every day and a Hickey hands off, Hands off, mister Lewis, Kate Lewis, because that's the name.
Speaker 3: Of the teachers. Your initials done with hickeys.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That.
Speaker 3: I can't see your lovely kind husband being like telling people off or being.
Speaker 2: Like I think he might have trouble with authority. Authority is the world I was talking, although he has a lot of it in the hands, you know what.
Speaker 3: Thinking back to high school, the soft, likable teachers are the ones you don't mess around with because you like them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but and also they're the ones reduced to tears by the cruel students.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I think you're far more inclined to give a hard time to the big, mean teachers because you fight back.
Speaker 2: A friend of mine told me the most horrible story go the round kids here on the buck up. I've never forgotten it. It was at a private school and he was trying to say to me, you do not know how horrible some of these boys. It was a boys' school, boys school, horrible They had a teacher who I think it was like a history teacher, and his wife had died, and he was showing photos of their trip to Europe, and one of the boys he yelled out, it's so terrible, how's your wife, sir?
Speaker 3: But did he know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he started crying and he left the room. This is what my husband's entering himTo. This is the world. My husband's knew the wife was no longer. That's how cruel.
Speaker 3: They were so cool.
Speaker 2: It's really terrible. It's so going to with me.
Speaker 3: I do you know what my school had to do or more school? They had to install wooden planks in between the stairs on the stairwells because guys students would hang under the stairs and wait for female teachers to up to up skirts, skirt them and look up. So they install wood planks in between each step so you couldn't see up. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: What did you do then? In your how did you occupy yourself? Was denied you under there? I think that's quite a common thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's I just remember it happening, because one day you could do it, then the next day you couldn't.
Speaker 2: What happened with the good luck be Jo.
Speaker 3: It's just a lot, It's so much.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I just want to say to all the female.
Speaker 3: Teachers, hands off, hands off, hands off our Pete.
Speaker 2: Hands off, hands off Peter Allan.
Speaker 3: Lower, hands off, that shy.
Speaker 2: He may have an air of neglect, but that's his style. It's not because he's neglected. I made him ham or salad. Actually only letters. Can't put tomato because by the middle of the too soggy and mayonnaise.
Speaker 3: Controversial controversial opinion. I don't want a tomato anywhere near my singer.
Speaker 2: Really, is that a youth?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 3: Do you think he doesn't like tomato when he sanger?
Speaker 5: I like?
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: The other day I had a voicemail.
Speaker 2: Unusual and you listen to it, and it was weird.
Speaker 3: I thought, because it was from my podcast co host Kate, And I thought.
Speaker 2: A voice no.
Speaker 3: Voicemail, I've done that. I thought, if you're leaving me a voicemail, it means you've got really good goss and I can't wait, which is you know sometimes the case.
Speaker 2: I left your voicemail.
Speaker 3: Listened to a voicemail that I got from Kate just the.
Speaker 6: Other day, just enjoying an episode of the backup. Oh there you are, Hey, Shiri, call Valvo, Hey SHII call Valvo. Hello, Hello, Hello, he is.
Speaker 3: Setting you a loudrew laughing.
Speaker 2: How did that see your voicemail?
Speaker 3: It started with you doing voice to text because you're going, I'm listening to I think you were trying to tell where you're listening to something, Siri. But you know then you went.
Speaker 2: From hell, that wasn't my technology. I didn't invent that. That's do you know what? She can't be trusted, sirih Can I.
Speaker 3: Say what's weirder than What's weirder than you leaving that voice? Male? Is that you use Siri to call people all the time. I don't do that.
Speaker 2: Hands freeing the car just die if you've done the update. Someone said to me the other day, you don't have to say hey Siri anymore. You can just say Siri. I'm like, okay, okay, don't you choose that, Hey Siri? It happened with an update. Okay, presumably you do choose it, because I still go, hey Siri. Did it come on when I said a Siri?
Speaker 3: See that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: She's too that's amazing money. That is so fat.
Speaker 3: I had to take that out of my show once because I had a hey, Siri joke a few years ago, and every time I said it, I'd said, everyone's phone started going off and lighting up and people got like a bit nervous, and.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's really fun.
Speaker 3: You just have to take it out.
Speaker 2: Let's do that when we do our lives.
Speaker 3: I've also just announced our live show for Melbourne. But this is Thursday night, so come Tuesday morning. Who knows if it's sold on. If it's not, how embarrassing, who for us.
Speaker 2: Ever won the election?
Speaker 3: If it's not sold out, come along June first.
Speaker 2: Hell, it guaranteed good time. It's not a very big venue. We just got to tell you that.
Speaker 3: That's on Kate. Oh my god, it's just so exciting. Why do people love tests and surveys and being told about themselves and quizzes? What is that about? What humans do? We want to know what type of person we are based on a quiz.
Speaker 2: That's actually what defines us as humans. Because dogs don't care.
Speaker 3: H huh.
Speaker 2: I've ever seen a dog filling out a questionnaire on BuzzFeed. No, they are very secure in who they are. But humans we always want to know where we belong and where we fit.
Speaker 3: Very true. Yes, longing for understanding Kate.
Speaker 2: Some some are some people, yeah, some people are so immersed in their own ignorance they why are you staring at me? Just where my gaze land.
Speaker 3: A lot of people already know about this, the infamous anagram personality types anagram, nagram, eatable, N E, A, G R, A M. Because I always that our listeners to do it. I don't know who designed it, I didn't read it, I don't Google.
Speaker 2: You sent it to me and I was like, oh no. The theory is everything saying, how amazing I every.
Speaker 3: Single person in the world comes down to one of nine personality types Kate on the Anagram test, and of course me and my group kicked off you. Actually, it's quite a lengthy that you got to do it properly. A lot of personality tests and theories I looked into it are about the way you outwardly behave and the way that you are externally and how you deal with things around you. This one's very inner. It asks you about you remember the question.
Speaker 2: I can't remember the question very much, like.
Speaker 3: How you feel about things, social situations, friendships, how you act on being.
Speaker 2: That's what you care. Give me An example of a question.
Speaker 3: Would be like, what people care? What people think of me matters a lot?
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, that's right.
Speaker 3: And then you go to being successful at work. Yeah, professional means a lot. All these kind of about so many more. Every single person on earth, apparently, is one of the following. The reformer, the helper.
Speaker 2: Hang on, give me a little.
Speaker 3: The reformer reformer the rational, idealistic type, right, okay, The helper, the caring, generous type.
Speaker 2: Is that the helper? Yes, well, we know that it's not going to be Sasha French.
Speaker 3: Third, the achiever, the success orientated, pragmatic time. Number four the individualist, the sensitive withdrawn type. Number five is the investigator, the intent it's perceptive, secretive.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'd like to be that.
Speaker 3: Number six is the loyalist, the committed, security orientated type. Number seven the enthusiast, the busy, fun loving type, spontaneous, distractable. Yeah, we've got number eight the challenger, the powerful, dominating type, self confident and willful and confrontational. And finally, number nine, the peacemaker, the easy going, self effacing type, agreeable, complacent. Oh my, so I did the test and then I wanted to get. I said, I text you and said, do it and don't tell me what you get because I want to guess yes, And I said to you, don't tell me anything. Yeah, all right, And I want our barkeets to go and do it because it's so interesting it is.
Speaker 2: I want to make my husband do it.
Speaker 3: And the way they explain you and all the in depth and stuff is really cool. I love I love reading about myself. I get Kate that you asked you what I would be. I guess that you were type eight the challenger. Mmm, do you agree with me? Sash number eight? That was my guess. No, you're not. No what it told you you were?
Speaker 2: I can't remember, but I remember when I asked you to. I think I should have written it down, or maybe I wrote it down in my notes I wrote I wrote it down. I think I was a three three? What's a three?
Speaker 3: The success orientated, adaptive, driven, excelling, image conscious?
Speaker 2: Well I think I was a three? Does that make sense? You know what? I don't lie.
Speaker 3: I can't know because Cody is a three and you love Cody and you love me. Oh yeah, maybe, Well that's funny you say that because it says three should be with seven?
Speaker 2: And are you with seven?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What was a seven?
Speaker 3: The enthusiasts distractable?
Speaker 2: Look, he's no.
Speaker 3: I wanted eight. I wanted the powerful, dominating type, self confident and decide, But you gave me scattered, distractable.
Speaker 2: So you but also you don't love fun. So it's as.
Speaker 3: Versatile I am when I'm drunk, right, really? And I also wanted I wouldn't have minded to be a bit of three, to be honest, the success orientated, pragmatic. Well I was three?
Speaker 2: You know why? Because you know people say I don't like about themselves. I don't like confrontation. Who likes confrontation?
Speaker 3: Oh I know people that like her?
Speaker 2: Well I don't like it. So and even though I'll address things, I'm not, I'm not. I'm not big on that.
Speaker 3: I guess who else? I texted Sasha Slash French Sasha French big review? What type were you?
Speaker 2: Are you nine? Isn't that the lovely one at the end?
Speaker 7: No, I'm not?
Speaker 3: What are you one?
Speaker 2: What was one?
Speaker 3: Unheard of? The reformer? The rational, idealistic type, principled, purposeful, no self control, No, no, no one going into enthus uh number seven with me? I wanted to be eight so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like star signs, you can't choose. I really, I'm astrological royalty. I can't help it. I'm a leo, so you can jam your any gram.
Speaker 3: What I like about this is nothing about the who are of stars when you're born? I don't know what it means. It just means that the theory is that this is like any anyone is one of these on the fun No, I just.
Speaker 2: Want to know what it means, Like who should I hang around?
Speaker 3: According to you? Your basic fear? I think I was number three. Your basic fear is being worthless?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, isn't that everyone's.
Speaker 3: Basic desire is to feel worthless? Me mate, sign me up? And I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Really, isn't that go on?
Speaker 3: Your basic fear? And your basic desire is to feel valuable and you're a trauma and professional.
Speaker 2: Really does that sound like me?
Speaker 3: The key motivations wants to be affirmed, to distinguish themselves from others, to have attention, to be admired, and to impress others.
Speaker 2: All well, hello issues, And I at.
Speaker 3: The end said I want to maintain their freedom and happiness to avoid missing out on a worthwhile experience, to keep themselves excited, occupied and to avoid pain. That is so you, So you who wants pain besides Russian people?
Speaker 2: Well, who wants to feel worthless?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 3: That wasn't about I know Russian people loved you. That was about That wasn't a geopolitical statement.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that was about the sister in law. Cultural identity. Absolutely, that's why they they're distinguished by their love of vodka.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, hang on, I just want to bring up what number are you again? One one.
Speaker 2: He's got no interest, literally no interest in anyone, anyone but himself.
Speaker 3: Number one wants to be right, to strive higher and improve everything, to be consistent with their ideas. That's her, to justify themselves, to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone. That's and to be from New Zealand.
Speaker 2: What that's very specific? I think so because you're very Sash's a very good person. So you might not know this about her, hmm. But when we first worked together, she one day after work, I was giving you a lift home and we had to stop off to some little random house, which, by the way, I now live around the corner from because there was an old lady there, and Sash would go borrow library books for her and drop them off to her. She didn't know the old lady, She just did it. Now she's got another old lady who's ninety how old Zoway ninety five and she does her shopping for her every week.
Speaker 3: Type one. What it's just the type one? Hey, buck heads anagram?
Speaker 2: Go and do it all right now and let us know what it would it.
Speaker 3: Be if we could find out the percentage of buckheads number. Our podcast is like listen to buy.
Speaker 2: Were your friends? Because your friends did it?
Speaker 3: A lot of couple of threes? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, the six and Cody's a three.
Speaker 3: Dabbler's three doubles. Isn't that weird? My husband and my podcast co host are both threes. I have a type.
Speaker 2: Do you know that makes me want to know what really famous people were?
Speaker 3: You can look it up. It says it, Oh, well, look what do you want? Number threes?
Speaker 2: Number look up? I want you to tell me what Einstein was, because you know, we were talking about him the other week and how mean he was?
Speaker 3: Does he mean here?
Speaker 2: Terrible to his wife?
Speaker 3: Oh? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, like so mean?
Speaker 2: Remember he had some weird thing that he sees.
Speaker 3: I'm going to very quickly tell you some of your famous ones. Yemma Carries, Bill Clinton, Prince William, Arnold Swarts Andeggar what Mitt Romney?
Speaker 2: What are there any women?
Speaker 3: Andy Warhol, Oprah Oprah Oprah, o J Simpson really, Oh my god, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Madonna, Justin Bieber, Cyndy Crawford and Hathaway and Demi Moore?
Speaker 2: Can I just post something to our group? Why is the world so Auntie and Hathaway?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good question. I think. I think it's Goodie two shoes vibe. I don't know this. This is what I just picked up on because you know that girl that walked around the Oval with the teacher at Recess holding a teacher's hand. Yeah, and she was really polite to adults and a suck.
Speaker 2: I think it's her. But she's quite amazing.
Speaker 3: She's awesome and I like her a lot. I'd watch her in anything.
Speaker 2: And if you compare her to a world of like ranswid grasping Craven.
Speaker 3: No, Katie Perry's a seven. I agree. And did you see her new face this week?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yes?
Speaker 2: Is it a new face.
Speaker 3: I think so she didn't need a new face.
Speaker 2: Face was really good.
Speaker 3: Even didn't say it was bad. But new face, that new face is a it's a new face.
Speaker 2: Where'd she outed it was something?
Speaker 3: She was sitting next to her old mate from Dawson's Creek. What's her name? Which one the one that became a serious actress after Dawson's Creek, the.
Speaker 2: One who went out with Heath led No, Yes, the blonde one her.
Speaker 3: Michelle Williams next to her. Was she next to her to be ignoring her?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: So she wasn't with her.
Speaker 3: I was sitting next to each other. She was ignoring her.
Speaker 2: Oh that's sweet. Guys like you didn't recognize.
Speaker 3: It's like I'm getting a vibe that you guys don't scroll TikTok for seven hours a night in bed, you see, and.
Speaker 2: Had the ways in new face. But I've just always been curious about that because I find you.
Speaker 3: I think she's been a bit.
Speaker 2: I find her because I think you know, you absorb these things by Osmosis.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Russell Brand's a seven.
Speaker 2: He's a seven. He's a seven. I would have thought he would be an eight. Oh man, so funny because he was married to Katie Perry.
Speaker 3: Don't make her eye equals space fourteen?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Who else? Bruce Willer, Paris Hilton, Here we go?
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, I'm back.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who else? Have you got?
Speaker 3: No one else that's remotely interesting? Robert Downey Junior, Robin Williams, Jim.
Speaker 2: Carrey, Jim Carrey's an odd board.
Speaker 3: Steven Spielberg.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not on board.
Speaker 3: Elton John.
Speaker 2: Anyway, You've got Elton John and I've got Madonna. Well, Sash, Gosh, who were the one?
Speaker 3: Who are the ones?
Speaker 2: No one could have you already looked? Why I'm not happy about being one?
Speaker 3: Classic one?
Speaker 2: Okay, isn't it classic one? Okay? What give me something?
Speaker 3: Famous? Number ones?
Speaker 2: Okay? Are you ready? Sash? Why is he laughing? He's not laughing? Faving with laughter?
Speaker 3: Mary Popper, Maggie Smith, Oh, Maggie Smith, Helen Hash she's a blind one. That was Tina Faye, Tina Fane. Oh, he's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good voice.
Speaker 3: Will make you feel very good, Sarma bin Laden.
Speaker 2: Please compile that lead.
Speaker 3: Margaret Thatcher, Kate Middleton.
Speaker 2: Kate Middleton, the one are you happy about? Happy about? Kate Numbers Meghan Mirkle.
Speaker 3: I't my good valve. I'm gonna google this.
Speaker 2: Will they tell you? Because you know, Meghan mikale m E G h A N M A R k Lee. What number is she?
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 2: Oh, she's a seven.
Speaker 3: She's a seven.
Speaker 2: You're a seven?
Speaker 3: Thank you? Well, hang on, I'm sitting in a room for Sarma bin Laden.
Speaker 2: And Mary provins. Why did she get fictitious creatures?
Speaker 3: It's often suggested Megan Michael is seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so you know she came out last week and did a podcast, apparently her first ever podcast interview.
Speaker 3: Really didn't she start the podcast?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I think the tig was a blog. Okay, because it makes sense if you go. She's had a big gap. So she's been since she met each. As she calls Harry, Why does she call him each? So hard to say each?
Speaker 3: It's an awful letter.
Speaker 2: It's harder to say than Harry or.
Speaker 3: One of the worst letters.
Speaker 2: It is one of the worst letters.
Speaker 3: I told her how to go back to that voice over I did once because apparently I said it wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because you said like a Catholic. Anyway, so she did one with who was that woman?
Speaker 3: Some sort of woman.
Speaker 2: Woman, but also some billionaire had a cosmetic company, because you know she's she's grooming wealthy women to be her friends, right anyway, so she did she did a podcast with you.
Speaker 3: Can really cook that up? That deserves a cook.
Speaker 2: Don't you think she is?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. Maybe it's just a circle in the suburbs. She lives. She lives in the community. Jane Jamie Kernley.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, a life and aide name. Bizarrely, she's she had some cosmetic company that she sold for one point seven billion dollars. What was it. I don't know why. Both of them are not wearing any makeup. I'm always trying to solve the riddle of her. And she's just authenticity cakes.
Speaker 9: She's no makeup but something she put out a little video and with her daughter, and you know, there's this ongoing controversy.
Speaker 2: You might not know this. There's a lot of speculation a that she never carried her children and that, in fact, she used what's known as a moon bump, which is a fake thing that they use in you don't know about showbies, but they right, yes, you can go to a hole where sites about Meghan Markle and her moon bump. You know about that sage, including one where it appears to drop around a rainkles like really strange and like the famous footage when Beyonce sat down in Australia and her and her inflated, her collapsed folded, yes, it folded right anyway. So she's put up a little video of her daughter, the one named after the queen without permission rightly wrote rip la. We didn't rip the queen enough on this, No, we never did. We really didn't mate And without her things have gotten real wobbly down just amazing anyway. So she's cooking or no, she's making jam, you know, the jam, or as people call it, the raspberry soup, with her daughter. And tell me if you believe that this is the voice of a three year old, because I've had four three year olds, and I've spent a lot of time with three year olds, as have you with your countless nieces and nephews, cautless. So have a listen to this. This is in the kitchen we think, really, I think a puifor I think.
Speaker 3: So that a dead Victorian child exactly floating in the corner.
Speaker 2: That is so weird, That is not scarce, That is like something again left over from the shining. That is not a three year old child against it's just the greatest I'm going to appear at the foot of our bed tonight in our in the witching hour, and Peter's going to wake up with a like a s to fright, and I'm going to say, and he will another winker seat. That is not I'm just going to say out there, it's not a three year old child. That also could be lifted from a Shirley Temple movie. Just before she rather uncomfortably has to sit on the lapse of returning soldiers on a train trip, singing something about the good ship lollipop.
Speaker 5: That is not.
Speaker 2: That is not love.
Speaker 3: It gets Gateline with more fired up than a Michael Chart Leave my fellow seven alone.
Speaker 2: And Sasha friends over there. We love it. We just we could do our whole episode.
Speaker 3: I'm not allowed you because of me, classic server.
Speaker 2: I know, are you interested in not that? Why not that? Just but that you love that?
Speaker 3: A haunted child, a haunted kitchen of a dead child. Sound that pops up?
Speaker 2: And why did she sort of.
Speaker 3: The line at three years old?
Speaker 2: Play it one more time? So weird? You know what that's a line straight from Sunset Boulevard about some ninety year old recluse living in a crumbling mansion. Someone arrives with some flowers.
Speaker 3: Alright, moving on, Megan, you've had your Megan minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh buck.
Speaker 3: A summer play it.
Speaker 2: Mary Poppins. What else has she gott in a carpet bag?
Speaker 3: A bomb?
Speaker 8: She just pulls a spoonful of sull go help some medicine.
Speaker 3: Go down.
Speaker 2: The medicine, go down, the medicine. She doesn't like it. Look, she doesn't like it. What did Mary Poppins do when she get angry?
Speaker 3: She didn't.
Speaker 2: She would just girla up and float away. How did she discipline the children? I don't think i've ever seen Mary I know it that have you seen it? You know what?
Speaker 3: When you watch Mary Poppins, it's quite political. There's a whole storyline about the mother joining a political thing and the neighbors.
Speaker 2: Like all like the mother joined a politically.
Speaker 3: I can't remember it. I haven't watched in twenty years, but something about the neighbor being war obsessed and he's shooting off cannon into the sky.
Speaker 2: I've never wanted to watch.
Speaker 3: Anything politics in that movie.
Speaker 2: In it is this Mary van Dyke? And is it what's her name? Sound of music?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, she's Julie, Julie Andrew. Is she Mary Poppins?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think she's Mary Poppins.
Speaker 3: Maybe we should watch a movie every now and then.
Speaker 2: But have they not remade that?
Speaker 3: There was a sequel with old mate. What's her face? She's in Devils Prata as the Meryl Street the bitch assistant.
Speaker 2: Oh blunt? Oh, that's right, there was blunt. Which one are you talking about the original?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen the blunt one?
Speaker 2: And so in the original the neighbors.
Speaker 3: Don't ask me, it's been twenty years.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all she's annoying. Actually segment Okay, this is what it's things that annoy me in brackets.
Speaker 3: According to Google, Emily blunts are two?
Speaker 6: Is she there?
Speaker 2: You go? What's a two week?
Speaker 3: Remember?
Speaker 2: Because she's married to Krazinski, very big, very big Krasinski.
Speaker 3: His head tall big physically Scott.
Speaker 2: A giant head. Oh to the point where I think he should go get his pituitary gland. Do you know the comedian nol Fielding, Yes, big head who used to be in the Mighty Boush Arctic Boush and now he's gone that yet left? Oh did he leave bake off?
Speaker 3: Actually google that odd why he left? I think he just went missing in the middle of filming.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, now when come back?
Speaker 3: Weird anyway, his head is so.
Speaker 2: Enormous and he pops up on English shows quite often. But his head is so big, just large.
Speaker 3: She's a funny guy.
Speaker 2: And a friend of mine had was that the doctor. And the doctor said to him, why have you stopped wearing your wedding ring? And he said, oh, it doesn't fit me anymore. And the doctor said, I think you should get your petuitary gland checked. And he had giantism. That is not a real thing that.
Speaker 6: There was.
Speaker 3: Someone got told that giantism. That's where it came from because his wedding ring didn't fit all of us.
Speaker 2: It was a very good doctor. Actually, what great doctoring to go Why aren't you wearing your wedding ring? He was The doctor had obviously noticed some growth in him in parts of the body that don't normally grow.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're not talking about weight gas, no, just so he's got just one hand his head for your friend friends, just his hand, had his hands just like like one of those baseball things that you put on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: You can have just one part of your body.
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't know, but guess what he had assist at the base of his peturitory gland and it was forcing. Yeah, it's perfect now now, although I noticed he's still not wearing his wed Why were we talking about that?
Speaker 3: Annoy you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No not?
Speaker 2: You know what is my favorite segment, but much harder to do, and you did it in your comedy festival show.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, things that have never been said, things that have never been seen.
Speaker 2: So I've got one.
Speaker 3: So you've got things that have never been said. So you're stealing from my live show and bringing it to the podcast. Oh, I'm playing along with the game Classic three?
Speaker 1: Is he?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Okay, because I went that's really hard to play things that annoy me is part of the reason I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Let them give them. I will give them an example of things that have never been said from my live show. It was a whole segment. It's quite funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I enjoyed it, but hard to play.
Speaker 3: One of them was one scoop of your rum and raisin. Please sir, are that Sarah sent us a pic today today holding a rum and raisin.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which I've got ice cream for us in the freezer.
Speaker 3: Amazing. Okay, all right, another thing?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: What was in there? What in my segment? Things that have never been said? Cool story, mum and straight to the point.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I've got one. You've got to imagine I'm walking. I mean goods many gomes. Oh yeah, I'd like some more rice in that burrito pleasething. That's it.
Speaker 3: Comedy seems easy, that's it. It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Would you understand why?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: Well, they give you, they give you nothing but rice stuff that cryptic. I found it challenging. I think about it all the time. I don't like your patronacing clamp. But it's I would like people to send in things that have never been seeing.
Speaker 3: So you swap changing the segment.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think we can, because I don't think it's just anable model. I just proven that. But things that annoy you were So it's too it's too easy because but you know what the answer is, everything everything, Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 2: But anyway, give me something that annoys here.
Speaker 3: I want to know why Coke, Coca Cola. Why do they think we the consumer want ridiculous things written on the can, like names and things that have got like attitude. I'm sitting on the couch the other night, enjoying some dinner with my dog. I've got my Coke zero. Can you there's Diva?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, Diva?
Speaker 2: Who bought you that?
Speaker 3: Because Park was in a twelve perce?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't get to choose which ones.
Speaker 2: I quite like things written.
Speaker 3: I had to sit on my couch, yes, drinking Diva every time I had to sip. I had to look at Diva. Leave me alone?
Speaker 2: What were your other options?
Speaker 3: Who's ever gone?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't going to get that Coke zero.
Speaker 2: I get the Diva.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh but it's got Diva written on it, so I'm going to get it. Does this work on anyone?
Speaker 2: Well? You know what did work on me?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: One Christmas? Remember that sash when they first started printing names on coke can? Remember that I got the four kids' names printed on coke can. But you got them printed, got them printed? Did you do that? I think Sasha got it done. I think I think one did it.
Speaker 3: Classic Osama oh oh, sorry, this is too late, and the you think to bring up and I'm bringing it up. I don't care. So my podcast co host gets to sit down for an hour with a spice girl.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I didn't tell you. I did that. Got jealous with Mels, hung out with body Melca. She was adorable. She had a revelation in that conversation with you, yes, at the end of it, which I think might be on the subscriber I think it's on the subscriber place.
Speaker 3: Is it ever going to come to the free feed?
Speaker 2: I think I don't know about that. I think they do for a little while, all right. She had a revelation about it herself, which was what because I said to her, like it was we were having conversation about your divided self, you know, like her who's had many lives and many parts, And she said, do you know what this is? Today's the first day that I felt like I'm a complete person.
Speaker 3: You're getting that out of sportish wife. That was amazing was that she was a third favorite big fan.
Speaker 2: Hang on, I guess what order you had them? Okay, okay, you're scary, No, not scary? Oh good, good one Okay, posh, then ginger yep, and then sporty, sporty, then baby Baby and then scary.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's do you know what.
Speaker 2: That's the correct order.
Speaker 3: It's the correct order, I think.
Speaker 2: So would you have said that at the time or is it no?
Speaker 5: No, no?
Speaker 3: At the time, it was definitely aways. The gays knew what was up with everyone?
Speaker 2: Why are the gays always no.
Speaker 3: Mate, we're ahead of the game.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Because one of my favorite Spice Girl stories that makes me laugh so much is my friend went to the Spice Girls in the in the UK years ago when it was the five of them when they did that reunion tour Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, which may never happen again.
Speaker 3: And every single one of the girls, they've all released so much music on their own you don't realize, especially malc.
Speaker 2: To be for but she's a proper musician and she's had some tracks.
Speaker 3: Yes, I like how she went the dance lane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: AnyWho, her mother was a sole musician.
Speaker 3: In this concert. There was a moment for each of them to do one of their own songs, So each of them did a solo song and they had their own moment while other girls are off getting changed or whatever.
Speaker 2: In the spotlight.
Speaker 3: Just their own song, a full own one song each. Posh y just walked down a catwalk to a song and then back. I love her and this is why I love her.
Speaker 2: Google what number she is?
Speaker 3: She didn't say I'm not doing a song and she just walked down. She didn't have a song. Well, I think she has songs. She didn't want to do it?
Speaker 2: No, why else? Because I think I was actually thinking about her. I think she's very I think she's one of those people that she doesn't realize that how much the world loves her.
Speaker 6: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: I think that. And she's no type four type four, type four. We haven't had it.
Speaker 3: Four, haven't we not. It's the individualist. She went on to become a billionaires. Yes, yes, yes, dramatic and self absorbed yes yes, yes yes.
Speaker 2: And yet very good at holding a family together. Google David Beckham see her?
Speaker 3: How addictive this is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But it's you know what's not? There's too many numbers. No, No, I feel like I'm back in math class. Well, excuse me, they should reduce the numbers. Hey, I'm going to get us out ice cream?
Speaker 3: What is Beckham?
Speaker 2: What is it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not. No, one's worked it out. Oh three, he's with you.
Speaker 2: He's one of me.
Speaker 3: You and Beckham. We've got to we've got to haven't finished.
Speaker 2: We've got to finish the app No, we're getting ice cream.
Speaker 3: Eat the ice cream on the appout, it's time for It's a text from or Dad. Oh, a text from dad. We love a text from Dad, don't.
Speaker 2: But they're very rare.
Speaker 3: Because it's the rarity of the.
Speaker 2: It's like a full yeah something, you know what it is. It's a Kimberly pink diamond. Oh you know they've closed the mind down. Have that. You're not getting any more pink Kimberly diamond.
Speaker 3: Get yourself back down.
Speaker 2: That's how rare. A text from Dandy's.
Speaker 3: That's how rare. There is a family WhatsApp group in my family. Everyone's in it. Oh my god, you've just put a whole thing of ice cream in your mouth. I'm moving the microphone away because people will hate that. People don't like people.
Speaker 8: Eating, People who don't like peper wow, people people who don't like peoper If.
Speaker 3: You should have a little bit more ice creams or your cheer up. I was so happy very happy. We're having a lovely evening. Okay, tell me family WhatsApp group and what everyone's Well, he's in the group. But yes, yes, yes, he's in there somewhere. Apparently, I think that's the go with all family WhatsApp groups.
Speaker 2: Yes, my husband, very similar mother unless there's footage hall.
Speaker 3: A daughter or a mother throws the dad in like he wants a bar of the family. Our family WhatsApp name is the small country town that my grandparents lived in for a very long time. Oh so, shout out to anyone listening in Kundrook.
Speaker 2: Kun Trook. What's that?
Speaker 3: What's the name of the family WhatsApp? It's a tongue in cheek name of the place of dreams. That's small town on the Murray River, Corndrock, Kundrook, Okay, South Wales Victoria border.
Speaker 2: There a lot of Italians there, actually, well this was the.
Speaker 3: Non Italian side.
Speaker 2: What were they doing? Good?
Speaker 3: Question? What was I doing there? Six weeks a year on holiday?
Speaker 2: Really very beautiful weather, dry.
Speaker 7: Hot, lot of trucks driving past on trucks, trucks, So anything more desolate than being on the road with a lot of trucks and they've got said they're very aggressive, so they've.
Speaker 2: Got without trucks is now Australia. They calm down, mate and just don't miss me. They're just like, why couldn't this ship travel by rail? Bit Troy, don't you feel these?
Speaker 3: I love the We don't know who won the election, and this is so funny depending on how it went on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Just both side support trucks like this, Like this.
Speaker 3: Argument could be looked at it like Pauling Hanson's one Pauling Hanson truck.
Speaker 2: Truck all pro truck.
Speaker 3: Hey, what I'm saying to me truckies don't equal Pulling Hanson voter. I take that back. That was that was lazy of me to say that we've had messages from truckies before on the buck up.
Speaker 2: I love a truckie. I'm just saying I love.
Speaker 3: A bloody truck. I love a truck and they know where you No, no, no, I don't know what to believe that you might do.
Speaker 2: A girlfriend of mine said the other day about this podcast. She said, you know what I like about it? It's kind of no no, she didn't say that, but now I'm not going to share with you what she did. Cheap and in fact, you've crashed a compliment, but now you won't receive it.
Speaker 3: Now you'll never know Classic three over here.
Speaker 2: For seven his compliment that the seven was two? The seven broke it? Go on, give me a text from dad.
Speaker 3: Now everyone wants to know the compliment from your friend. Yeah, what was it?
Speaker 2: I'll tell them. They can contact me privately, and in fact, you know what, I'll tell them at the live show. I'll tell them at the live show.
Speaker 3: Text from Dad, I love it, rare up. I forgot to do this last week, by the way, but anyway, here we are, he messaged the family WhatsApp. He broke the drought cake?
Speaker 2: What prompted him to here we go?
Speaker 3: Okay, the Pope's dead?
Speaker 5: That it is?
Speaker 2: That what he said from sipy He broke the news. Did nobody else in the chat?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't know yet. I don't check it all the time, to be fair, but I was weirdly near the childhood of Pope's dad, and I think a lot of dads around the world message.
Speaker 2: That because I'll tell you what is amazing about that A that he texted something I love an event, but also his dads and their knowledge of gossip is normally like ours on this pot, it's's fifteen years old.
Speaker 3: It would have been an alert that he Gotti was watching the sky News program.
Speaker 2: Maybe would the sky News program not have interrupted their bullets?
Speaker 3: Dad watches sky News and hates it. So I don't understand the relationship.
Speaker 2: I'm about to change your life.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so's about to give me pokey I have never had before.
Speaker 2: We have an ongoing thing with the with the ice cream maker, Jock, our friend that he doesn't put enough hokey pokey. But I found some.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is called hokey pokey.
Speaker 2: What is that honeycomb? But because the honeycomb's in there? Oh, it's so delicious, so delicious, really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 2: Look at you, grief.
Speaker 3: Can I say one thing I want in there?
Speaker 2: What do you want?
Speaker 3: I want an addition of crunch, a hard nut?
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes you get a crunch from the Honeycome, I.
Speaker 3: Want a hard nut in there. You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 3: If I didn't say it, thank you Jock for your hokey pokey. Can you please send me do you have pistachio, chocolate, lemon sorbet. Bring it on, He's got all the flavored coffee. Yes please, you.
Speaker 2: Have the worst.
Speaker 3: In your mouth.
Speaker 2: The buck Up podcast is hosted by me Kate Lanebrook and him Nate Valvo. It's produced by the brilliant Sasha French or Do and sound by the magnificent Jack Lawrence you might call him Jack. And Tom Evans. Oh we're lucky.