Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Chack Post. How are you guys. I'm good, Happy Friday, Pats you too. Now this show is on a break next week. Radio has a little mini break for a weekend. I I know all of you right now. I get the feeling are saying, Gosh, Christian, it's only been a ten short week since you last had a break. By God, you really do take that another week on our path, Christian. So we are on a break next week. What is everyone doing, Patsy? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Working actually for a little bit. I'm on weekend today, I believe tomorrow morning all again, which will be fun, good.
Speaker 2: Awesome, talk me about that. Congratulations that's great new Yeah, no, it'd be good.
Speaker 3: And doing a little bit of podcast work. It is a busy week actually, and Ords has got school production next week. She's got another week. Oh wow, mummy mode next week, which will be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our door doesn't break up to another week. My wife and I have gone away for this weekend. The last ten weeks has been a in tense ten weeks, really big, so we're looking forward to actually getting away. The pair of us actually, Jackie boy, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're putting our feed up as well. We're going to Andy Lee's beach house. He's giving us these for a few nights. Is great, Yeah, me too. And then next week, next Wednesday, I've got to come back because I sign myself up to something that I think about every night before I go to sleep, and I'm so nervous to do. But I've got an improv night at Comedy Republic where I've never done improv before. But I'm I'm like a guest on stage with them, not in my stomach.
Speaker 2: But that's because actually it's good to stretch. You're a funny guy every day improv. But it's because you're thinking about it differently because you're turning into performance. You don't. You don't really get like that before the show. You just turn up and you aren't actually funny.
Speaker 4: Do you know how hard it was though to look at a week off and go, God, I could just be sitting by a pool with a book open.
Speaker 2: But why you've not chosen that? And I think this is a part of seventy five hard, is that you're actually looking for more areas to stretch yourself. You've got to steer into what's harder. Yeah, we all sat doing those improv light night lines. They're they're there, they're testing sometimes.
Speaker 4: If anyone wants to come and see it. Next Wednesday night at Comedy Republic eight o'clock. I think it's called the comedy group is called something good.
Speaker 2: That Comedy Republic is a great venue, an awesome room. So what are you doing the next Tuesday night?
Speaker 4: Next Wednesday night?
Speaker 2: All right? Good luck?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every Friday, meet Jack and Pats. We go around the team and we turn about the things that we're enjoying at the moment. We called it double thumbs up, Patsy, what are you giving your double thumbs up?
Speaker 3: Just got into the Netflix drama Nicole Kidman's latest offering the Perfect Couple and really enjoying it.
Speaker 2: That is her and what's the name of the guy in it? I've seen the trailer, put it on my watch list.
Speaker 3: I've drawn a blank.
Speaker 2: He's an impact on you. He's obviously not a straighted just a frozen face. Kidman. She could do it some more botox and freeze that face a bit more. I think, kid I think she's you can't tell where.
Speaker 3: I can't fight what Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, he was married to Naomi Watts. Leave Leave.
Speaker 2: He was. He's a great actor.
Speaker 3: It's brilliant in this and it's great. It's right in my genre, sort of murder mystery. This body washes up at a beach at her son's wedding. She's a novelist, and Nicole Kimman plays a novelist and I love it so Chris and I have been fighting over.
Speaker 4: Never seen you with such a big smile on your face when you said body washed up.
Speaker 2: On a followed by My Wheelhouse the bit beforehand, can the body chuck it in the sea? And that where the ocean? No?
Speaker 3: Really loving that. That's on Netflix, the first series. The other thing I've discovered this week is this little you know you know that you're getting older, probably forty plus, when you have some sort of pill device in you in your handbag that you know, like a.
Speaker 2: Dividers to take a tablet in the morning. I take victims someone, but I can't be bother to get that. I want to find old age is coming from. No, no, no, no, don't want to welcome it into my house too soon? No, no, perhaps.
Speaker 4: Brilliant, I'd.
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 2: I've got this is a little circular one, so I think like a cat might have to feed it.
Speaker 3: It's great for radio because you can't see it. But it's got like this little it's round and it's got a button in the middle that you can.
Speaker 4: Spin in a show bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not like a show show bag.
Speaker 2: And a couple of weeks time, it's going home and going. I've got Botie beats old person's dispenser Ford.
Speaker 3: No no No at some events and it was in like the giveaway, like the bags that the give bags. And I love it. It's fantastic. It's got a little thing that you put on.
Speaker 4: This feels very much scraping the barrel fender term, doesn't it look?
Speaker 2: I love this. TV shows in it at all. Yeah, someone's checked out. Check. We said goodbye now and have a nice break running Dragon or the shows avenues. We don't need to go. Yeah, you needn fight me for it. It's happen to start the break. Now we take a break. We'd come back with Jack and I's double thumbs up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jack post, so just get into your double thumbs up. What are you enjoying at the moment.
Speaker 4: Guess what Banker and I are doing today. Something very odd at Marvel Stadium. You're allowed to hit golf balls from the stands onto the field. Ah, I don't know what for.
Speaker 1: Or why they're doing and some so crazy golf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've invited us to it. I guess because Marvel Stadium, by the time Finals hits, they're not posting any football matches anymore. So you go to different points around the stadium, all three.
Speaker 2: Tiers, and you like they've got like teas.
Speaker 4: You do it and then they got holes on the ground.
Speaker 2: But he's huge Marvel, I know, I don't know what it is to the public.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can buy tickets to it.
Speaker 2: What a great idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: That would be so much fun. All right, couple of things from me, then my double thumbs up, where we would enjoy the second season of Rings of Powers. The Lord of the Rings TV spin off Front on Crime is very good. Uh, they're doing it once a week. However, the other night I actually had a nightmare about the TV show. No, I actually woke up. I really was scared. I feared I was in mordeal and orcs were holding me down and I could fight one off, and then like they just kept coming. I thought they were going to take me in prison me. I actually had a actually had a TV nightmare.
Speaker 4: I actually miss having theatrical dreams like that. I always dream about day to day like.
Speaker 2: I do, just boring old stuff about you're running late or something that classic one. Yes, the other thing is the actor. And this is when a gradual lot of things I start to do now And I noticed my family does it well, but you will. It's starting to happen. I really am becoming e merging into becoming one of you in Australia. And I found myself today going that guy. I think he sounds his accent a bit Australian. He plays sour on so a big character in this. He's killed her right, and I can't believe what joy it gave me to Google. And he's from Melbourne.
Speaker 4: He's from because so he's putting on like what a Middle Earth accident.
Speaker 2: Kind of a couple of things. Whenever he says water because you won't know this, but when you say water, you're sending it very different way than than weed. You you go wa And he said it once when he was talking about the ocean. I was like, that guy's Australian. He's obviously been to drama college. But they can't. You can't take the Australian out of the Australian. Now Google, he's a killed But anyway, it's very good. Now. The other thing I've got is I love condiment sauces, any kind of like mayonnaise or flavored mayonnaise or barbecue sauce. I've got them. I have found. I've actually brought two chants in to give to you guys. Perhapsly that's a brand new, unopen one of ross gourmet smoky AOI that sounds delicious. Rio. Now you can't have this because no, no, I've got these. These here are snacks. No, that's snacks, they're little arns. Perhaps that's yours that real could keep you going for another? Does to taste that smoky flavored Please take that. You don't need to spoon, but just dip that. I've got one for you as well.
Speaker 3: My god, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Isn't that good? Right? I think that snass snacks there's your one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really good.
Speaker 4: Why would you put so much sauce on their plate? You gave him half a jar.
Speaker 2: My wife always has a go at me for using way too many big measures and stuff like that. She's half the jar has already gone savory. Scoop it back in pantsy, scoop it back roses Smoky aoli wherever you can find it. It is the best smoky I've ever tated. It's so good and dairy free as well. I smell on everything, brush my teeth with it.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show Podcast