Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Kate Torber and coming up on today's show. More red flags for Tammy Hembro ahead of her wedding next month, Sarah's Day Is Dramatic final days of pregnancy and Steph glare Smith's anti climactic life update. But first, A bizarre rant about sausages and saunas has sparked breakup rumors between Sky Wheatley and her baby daddy, Locky war Yeah. So Lockie has been missing from Sky's social media for a couple of weeks now, and it's quite odd because initially Lockie never wanted to be included on Sky's channel. He made it pretty clear he didn't want to get involved. But since she won I'm a Celeb, he has started being featured more and more. And at the time a lot of people said possibly it was because his business wasn't doing so well, so maybe he realized that he might have to go on and start a social media career of his own or be more supportive of Sky's career.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: A couple of months ago, there were media reports that his business shop fit Co, had gone into administration just last week. He hit back at those claims, saying that his business was still solvent. I have always loved seeing Lockie on Sky's channel. He is hilarious, even without trying to be. I have a soft spot for him as well, because I don't think he intentionally tries to be funny. No. I think he's just I don't want to say, an odd ball, but I think he's just a bit weird. And he and Sky just play off each other really well because he'll give it to her. Yeah, a lot of people have noticed that he's actually a bit of eye candy as well. He was never really my type, but he seems to have matured a bit. I don't know if he's just been hitting the gym or not. I think it's when guys reach thirty and they start to look like real men. Yeah, maybe that has something to do with it. So I had a big laugh on Sunday because I don't follow him on social media, but one of the comments on Sky's photos said to go check it out because he was being a little bit unhinged. And his usurname is sweet Tooth, isn't it. It's actually not his real name. Yeah, so when I clicked over, I was surprised his page actually has fifty one thousand followers. I'm guessing all of Sky's followers have gone over. I haven't seen someone be so real on social media for such a long time. Let's throw to some of what he said.
Speaker 3: It just a bit of fucking turpeto, you fucking buy, and you know what happens when you have a bit of Chariza. It was a bit falking. So you're gonna be back back and that that Genta baby, you fucking beer, and you know what they say when you've had too much Chriso, then too many Gent's, You're just gotta take yourself downtown.
Speaker 4: You're gotta have a really serious thing about what you've done.
Speaker 5: And you've got a sweet of their baby. And then you might find yourself sitting down pondering wondering why did I just eat three or four lengths of sausage? He might be thinking do.
Speaker 4: I really need to eat three pieces of sausage?
Speaker 5: And then I lay here, sit and wonder, and I think, well, you probably didn't need to eat three pieces of sausage. Maybe one sausage would have done, Maybe.
Speaker 4: Two bit three three pieces of sausage.
Speaker 5: That's one sausage too much.
Speaker 4: I don't know about you, guys, but I thought, I hope you guys enjoy that, because I'll tell you what. I'm fucking sick to death of just seeing fucking fake shit.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's gone on in the fucking world anymore.
Speaker 4: But everyone's so just fucking serious, and everyone's just doing fitness and shit. I mean, that's all good, be fit, but like, don't live alive, just like do shit? Who cares? Stop being so fucking serious.
Speaker 1: I tend to agree with him. I want to see more content like that on social media. I want to see people being unhinged saying it how it is. There was a part of me that was thinking, is he taking aim at Sky? But let's be honest, Sky is exactly like that on social media. She does post fitness stuff, but she also never filters herself. I really enjoyed the content too. However, there was a bit of a mixed reception in our Facebook community. So one of our listeners said his stories are giving midlife crisis ha ha ha. Another said guys who jump on social media and yap are generally super embarrassing. To be honest, whilst another said I'm finding it odd because he hated being on social media. Well, the reason people think that Locke has broken up with Sky or that they're on a break is the fact that all of that footage was actually filmed at people are speculating his mum's house. It was a very nice house. It had a beautiful pool, it was very Hampton Styler even had a sauna, as you could hear. I remember seeing Locke's parents appear in a very early vlog when Sky and Locke started dating, and I think that they were meeting for a Christmas celebration, and his parents very how to do, and they looked rather taken back by some of the things that Sky was saying. So I think that they are very wealthy. Some people think that he must just be house sitting for his mum, who appears to be holidaying at the moment. I wonder if he went rogue on social media because he's a bit lonely. He's probably used to being in this very chaotic and loud house with Sky and their kids, and maybe he just felt like getting some of that energy out online. I just think he went rogue because he was enjoying himself. I mean, if you're a father of two and you used to being in a family environment and you've got this beautiful house by yourself. He ate three or four tritzo sausages and when in a sauna, I mean, what a perfect evening for some people. Yeah, it's just interesting that he would choose to share it, particularly when he has been so against appearing in Sky's social media content. I'm officially five days away from my dune date.
Speaker 2: I'm thirty nine weeks and two days.
Speaker 4: Ugh, you'll just have to believe me. I currently give you a.
Speaker 2: Bob up date.
Speaker 1: Sarah's Day is definitely making the most out of her third and final pregnancy. The controversial influencer has been keeping her one point two million followers regularly updated on her final weeks of pregnancy, from sharing induction methods to a daily tally of her gestation period. For the record, she's officially forty weeks today. I keep checking in on her Instagram account to see if the baby's finally here, and I just can't believe that it still hasn't arrived, because two weeks ago she did this big update saying, oh my god, everyone, I've lost my mucus plug baby must be on its way. But then she plugged her pilates or pregnancy workout guide as part of that update. Of course she did, because that has been a theme throughout it. You can tell that she really is trying to monetize this pregnancy, because pregnancy has been such a big part of her brand for the last five years. I mean, you almost get this sense of desperation of ensuring that she milks this final pregnancy. Well, I think she realizes that now that she's going to have three very young children, there's no way that she's going to be able to push out the volume of content that she used to. I mean, in the past couple of years, we've seen a huge decline in the amount of videos that she's put out and also the amount of views that she receives on videos and the hype around her. Well, her pregnancies have always created a lot of hype and also acted as distraction from some of the biggest scandals that she's been involved in. For instance, her first pregnancy with Fox was the perfect distraction away from that Sin three drama, and his birth ended up being the most watched moment on her YouTube channel to date, and she is definitely trying to build suspense with her content around baby number three. So at thirty eight weeks pregnant, Sarah revealed the methods that she was trying to induce labor. So one of those was a pregnancy leg massage, so she shared that the massage had brought on labor not only for her but also her friends within twenty four hours of having it, and the following day she was mia from her Instagram account, which caused a lot of speculation that she had gone into labor. She then returned on the Monday and told her followers that she doesn't post much on the weekend. That was despite sharing about the massage on Saturday. Well, she's a business woman. It's a great way to draw up engagement and get people coming in to check back in on your page, which I was doing now. One of the reasons that Sarah seems so keen to induce labor is because of the looming date of Halloween. So she revealed that she does not want her baby born on Halloween because of religious reasons. So a follower wrote on her page, I wonder if you're going to have a Halloween baby, to which she replied, I will put my pelvic floor to the ultimate test and keep him inside of me if my body tries to go into labor on Halloween, my worst day of the year, No thanks. A follower asked Sarah why, and she responded saying, I just think it's super demonic and totally goes against my faith. But if baby decides to come on Halloween, then I'll actually celebrate that date for a different reason, including a birthday cake emoji, as well as clapping hands and balloons. At first, I thought it was a little bit of a joke the reference to Halloween, but then I realized there were some religious reasonings behind not wanting to give birth on that date. It's actually funny to hear and influencer talk badly about Halloween, because normally they're using it for content and posting costume. My deears this didn't particularly surprise me because Halloween is one of those holidays which isn't embraced by a lot of religions, particularly the Christian faith, and she does speak a lot about her religious views, so she's entitled to not want her baby born on Halloween. My husband's birthday is actually a day before Halloween, and he has grown up hating Halloween. I think it's because as a child, the day after your birthday is always so disappointing, and I think he felt like Halloween took the shine off the fact that it was his day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, moving on to the drama surrounding this last week of pregnancy. On Monday last week, while doing a tutorial on how to express colostrum, Sarah flagged that she was starting to feel unwell. So during Sarah's last labor with her son Malachi, she actually had rhinovirus and she was very unwell, and she said the fact that she was getting a scratchy throat actually was truggering her because she has opened up about having birth trauma surrounding both of the births of her sons. Oh I felt so sorry for her. She looked incredibly unwell and it seemed like she was trying anything to get better. She then asked her followers for some home remedies to help fight off her sickness, but unfortunately, the following day, she refilled that despite all of the attempts, she was struck down with the flu. She wrote on Instagram, went to bed with onions on my feet, onions next to the bed ate raw garlic, took all the vitamins and have still woken up incredibly sick. I do feel very sorry for her that she was feeling sick and that this triggered her. But I did have a laugh because it was like, can you believe it, I've done all of these things, and it's like, why didn't you go to the doctor? Like why would you be trying all these home remedies. I also saw she went to this very expensive health food store and said, I will buy everything you tell me to, And of course she came home with a huge supply of things because they probably saw dollar signs, and she had these three large smoothies that she literally sculled on her Instagram story. I would hate to think how much they cost. No wonder she ended up vomiting. She did say it could have had something to do with the raw garlic that she also ate. I think when you're that heavily pregnant and you've had such a bad experience with your other labors, that you're going to try and do anything to feel like you've got control over the situation. Well, she even asked her followers to pray for her so she put out what she called a prayer request, asking for quote health and healing over my body and that baby stays in me until I can fight this off. Please Lord, just protect this baby and keep him cooking so I don't give him this sickness or have to go through labor like this again. Now, despite saying that she didn't want to give birth, she then ended up having a bath with clary sage oil, which actually can stimulate the uterus to contract, and people normally use it to induce labor. So I'm not sure if she just wasn't thinking in that moment, but she has been trying so many remedies to bring forth this labor.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: After taking two days off to recover from her cold, Sarah returned online, and this time it was to share what she called her favorite optical illusion. She filmed herself front on in the mirror before turning to the side to show off her baby bump. She captured the reel forever my favorite Optical Illusion and went on to share that she was thirty nine plus two days pregnant now. Since the time of recording, this reel has a massed one point three million views and has sparked a lot of debate. Yeah, so the majority of the commentary was positive towards Sarah. Many followers were praising her for her amazing physeike. One person wrote, everyone must be so envious that you have a waste, even when so pregnant. Another person added, your body is going to bounce right back. You look absolutely incredible. One person actually passed her bump size off as being to do with the gender of the baby, so they wrote, that's a boy bump for you. Sarah seemed to take offense to that comment, responding, I'd say it's more a combo of being raging healthy, working out for the entirety of my pregnancy following a Core Strength program, body and bump and some genetics sprinkled in, rather than the gender of my baby. I love how she uses this moment to plug her fitness program. It's clear that a lot of people actually felt inadequate after seeing this real One person wrote, this makes me depressed. Happy for you, but I'm struggling not to hate myself. This is my issue, not yours. I totally understand where that person is coming from, because when I was pregnant, I didn't feel ultra comfortable showing off my bump. There's some people that get these. I want to use inverted commas around it, designer bumps that you see them everywhere on influencers, on models. It's just a little bump and you can't tell the rest of them is pregnant. And that doesn't necessarily mean that you're fitter or healthier than someone. That's just how your body holds on to weight and a growing baby. Also, a lot of women have a lot of fluid in their face, which makes them feel not like themselves. I've seen on TikTok a lot of women saying also that they get pregnancy nose and a lot of their features just look different and they don't feel like themselves. So I think that that is why it's particularly jarring to see someone saying, oh, look, this is an optical illusion. Everything else about me looks exactly the same except my little bump.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I held a lot of fluid in my face towards the end, and I only realized now that I'm not pregnant. Looking back at your wedding photos, I was like, my face looks completely different. But that's just what happens when you get pregnant. You are creating life inside of your body. You are allowed to look different. It's just ridiculous. And if you don't look different, that's also fine. But it does make me feel a little bit uncomfortable. The fact that Sarah is using these opportunities to constantly plug her fitness program. Is not a cheap guide. It cost one hundred and twenty dollars and it seems like at every opportunity she is making sure people know I look like this pregnant because of this fitness guide. And it really is playing on people's vulnerabilities because I don't think that there's a more vulnerable time in a lot of women's life than when they're pregnant, because so much is happening to them hormonally, they don't look like they once did, and they'll probably try anything to get an ounce of that.
Speaker 4: Bat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it does concern me for what Sarah is going to be like postpardon, because last pregnancy she was accused of pushing bounce back culture. Now that she actually has her guide out there, I think she gets only going to be worse. Yeah. I really hope that we don't see body checks. That is my least favorite thing to see online. It is never helpful for anyone. I don't know why people put it out there unless it's a flex for them. Well, it is only a matter of days before she has this baby, if not today, do you think she's going to update her followers. My feeling is that she'll do a bit of a cryptic update like she did when she was in labor with Malachi. So from memory, she took a photo in the car. I think it was very late at the time and they were heading into the hospital, and she did a couple of emojis referencing clues to Malachi's name. I think we'll get something similar to that. We might get a few photos of her in labor, but she will keep a lot of it for her YouTube channel, I think. And also TikTok I love you say it's cryptic, like she was literally on the way to the hospital. It's not too cryptic. Well, it was cryptic in the sense of she was still trying to tease about his name. Ah, I see. I think differently. I think that because this is her last pregnancy and she's really trying to crack TikTok, I think that she's going to host live updates a little bit. How Indy Clinton did so. Indy Clinton was popping tiktoks up as she was at the hospital and in labor. I think Sarah is going to want to copy that.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I just fucking hope that this process helps me.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend, Steph Claire Smith revealed she would be sharing a life update on her latest podcast episode, which would air on Monday. Now. She broke the news first to her broadcast channel before sharing this statement on her Instagram story on Sunday. She wrote, So tomorrow on the Kickpod, I'll be sharing something relatively fresh but really important to me. It's something I've been working through for quite some time now, and in ways the journey's only just begun. I'd really appreciate you listening with kindness as it's something i'd be nervous to share. Or my love kiss kiss Kiss. As soon as I saw this, I was like, what is going on? This must be a huge life update and it did lead to a lot of speculation and theories online. The most popular theory was that Steph and her husband Josh were breaking up. Now I knew this wasn't true because Steph has been posting with him as normal. They're actually away on a weekend together. I actually thought there could have been some validity to those theories, particularly because Josh was holidaying with his friends in Europe without Steph just a couple of weeks ago, and the only times I saw Josh pop up on Steph's Instagram story well when they were out and about with Harvey, and I thought, well, perhaps they're just being amicable and showing that they're joint parenting. I love that their parents and so they're going to be with their child all the time. But you thought that, what, Yeah, but their parents. Of course they're going to be out with their child all the time. Yeah, but it's not like we were seeing content of them at home together or them going out on dates or anything like that. I know it's difficult when you have a child, but I thought that there could be some truth to it, particularly in the way that she led in that she was very nervous about it and it's something that she's been working through. The Other theory was that she could be opening up about fertility issues or even a health scare.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: This came off the back of Steph sharing a post of her in the car saying that there was a lot going on in her life, and you never know what's going on behind the scenes. She looked quite sad in the photo, and this has been worrying a lot of her followers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the post, she said, there's a lot happening behind the scenes at the moment, things bringing a multitude of emotions on. But I'm okay, so grateful for my beautiful friends and family. Teared up today thinking about it. You never know what someone's got going on. Just remember that, and if you have got something at the moment, lean on your loved ones, give them the opportunity to be there for you, because I know a lot of us feel like we need to figure it out on our own, but you don't. Lots of love, hope your weekend is filled with joy. To me, I was like, oh my god, there is something drastic going on in her life, and I felt a lot of sympathy for her.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, someone actually hit the nail on the head. In our Facebook group, they said, watch it will be something totally underwhelming again. Now, this is in reference to Kicks promo about their concierge service. Yeah, and that's the issue when you really do breadcrumb information like this and hype it up in order for people to consume something, so in this case clear that Steph and Laura wanted their audience to all tune into this episode. And in the episode, Steph revealed that she has ADHD. Let's throw it to some of what she said, I have a bit of a life update for everyone.
Speaker 2: For me, I've spent the whole last decade of my life publicly online, and I've always been really open about what's going on in my life, and I just feel like with this, it's been something that's been taking up a lot of my mental capacity. Just the other week, I was diagnosed with ADHD. It was probably about over a year ago now where I started to get curious about it.
Speaker 1: Now. In terms of making this announcement, Steph said it felt inauthentic not to share the news as she's been sharing her life online for ten years now, and then she went on to speak about why she got assessed and also how she went about it, as well as how she felt during the process. Now, Steph said that she expected to cop criticism and also unwavering support, and she said that she actually shared the news to help others. I am all for Steph telling her story about her diagnosis, and I agree it probably will help others who maybe feel alone, and it is a serious thing. What I take issue with, though, is breadcrumbing this information and trying to hype it up and click bait it. That's what I don't feel comfortable with. Yeah, I think it's very commendable for Steph to open up about her diagnosis, but I also think it would have been a lot more powerful if she didn't tease it for clickbait, especially when there have been so many high profile women talking openly about having ADHD. Yeah, it's been something we've seen spoken about, particularly about women's experiences over the past two years, even to the point where there's been a lot of jokes and ridicule on TikTok that everyone thinks that they have ADHD because it seems to be popular at the moment. So maybe that's where Steph's hesitation and worry came from. She didn't want people to feel like she was jumping on some sort of trend, which I hate to call it a trend because it's not well. She did talk about that on her stories afterwards, so she said she had a bit of an oversharing hangover, but it really seemed to rile her up because she did cop negative. So one person wrote, oh spare me, everyone has ADHD these days. It's a scale chase the diagnosis and you'll find it now. That comment had sixty four likes. Someone else wrote, does actually every member of the population have it, as I've never heard of anyone not diagnosed with it when being tested. Ever since the kickpod took a new direction, Steph and Laura have opened themselves up to a lot more criticism because a lot of the material and information they share about their lives now is very click baity. Every time I see a real promoting their podcast, they are talking about very personal details, either about their sex life or controversial arguments with their partners. Yeah. Well, when I tuned into this episode, the first thing Laura shared with everyone was that she had thrush, and then she went into this very personal conversation that she and her husband Dalton had about how he had asked if they could have sex that day and she said no, she had thrush, and then he said, oh, what about your mouth? And then she said, god, I've got a cold saw and then he said what about your hand? And then they started laughing about how hand job's seen very high school. I was actually blown away. And I'm not trying to shame Laura for talking about her sex life. I think it's great that people are open about their sex life, but surely there is a line when it comes to sharing those types of details about a conversation that you've had with your husband. I think, particularly because you don't have any of the tone of that conversation, because that could be taken out of context and look particularly bad upon him, like it sounded like he was really pushing for it when she was clearly saying no.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It made me feel uncomfortable because yeah, there definitely wasn't much context given. And we have spoken about this previously, but the way that Laura speaks about her husband isn't really in a very glowing light. I would not be impressed if I was Dalton, particularly the information that she shares about their sex life.
Speaker 4: Yeh.
Speaker 1: It's almost like they're selling their souls for this podcast, and I kind of don't understand it because they already have an absolutely flourishing business. Their kick app is fantastic. I have been using it for five years, I think even longer than that. They also have this amazing line of products in Woolworths. They're both huge influencers in their own right, but I feel like they are diluting their brand by putting out this podcast. I mean, it must be making them enough money for them to do it.
Speaker 3: I'm the executive creative director, chief buyer and lifestyle coordinator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a huge responsibility.
Speaker 2: I'm very important.
Speaker 1: Let's get into a highs and lows of the week. My high and lower actually intertwined. So my best, of course, is returning to the podcast from maternity leave. It's hard to get my head around the fact that it's been eighteen weeks. It feels like I've never left, and then also it feels like I've had this whole other life. Ironically, you can probably hear Jack crying in the background because we're recording from my house. So I am at the moment trying to balance motherhood and being back on the podcast. And that's why it's my lower as well, because I do miss Jack when I'm not around him. We had a babysitter the other day, Thank you Mum for looking after him, and it was so sad, and it was so nice to come home to him and see him and I feel so lucky that I've got the flexibility where I can work during his nap time or when Reese's home, or if we've got a babysitter, But it is just so sad to leave him when I have to go to work. Yeah, I feel like we've got a bit of a co host happening in the background with his cute little crying. But it is really nice to have you back on the show. I'm going to get into my high of the week, and it has been discovering an incredible Christmas appeal which is called It's in the Bag, and it's run by a charity called Share the Dignity Australia and it encourages people to put together bags filled with essential items and also some luxury items for women and girls who are spending their Christmas in a domestic violence refuge or a homeless shelter. My husband's auntie has been making bags for this charity for quite some time now and it's just such a beautiful thing to do to make someone else's Christmas morning a little bit brighter. It's really easy to get involved and you can either put together an adult, teen or mum and bub bag. They do ask for the bags to be filled with essential items and then the rest is up to you. And once you you've made your bag, you can then easily drop it off at your local Bunning store between the fifteenth of November and the one of December. I know everyone might not be in the position to do so, but if you are, I would highly recommend getting involved because the charity was down one hundred thousand bags last year and they did not meet the requests of those who needed them, so I think we should all try and get behind them. Mine low of the week, and I think that this will be a low shared by many others is Liam Payne's tragic passing. We spoke on Tuesday's episode in depth about what happened and our complex feelings towards it, but I just still can't shake the feeling of being sad. I've been listening to a lot of One Direction in the car, which has been bringing me a bit of happiness and joy, particularly because Liam sings so many of the verses, and I think that all of us are holding a bit of a heavy heart this week because of it. Now, that is all we have time for today. Thank you so much for joining us for this episode. If you have enjoyed it, could you please make sure you are subscribed on Apple podcast and also Spotify