Speaker 1: The Flex and Frooms daily podcast, tell.
Speaker 2: It's with angels, we are back. I know for a fact that when you hear the dulcet tones of Frumi's voice and like my sometimes Baritoni tiney voice, it's a weird combination, but we make it work. Your heart races, you get excited, dope, mean level.
Speaker 3: Spike Pavlov, Doggy's eel hit the nail on the head, Let's.
Speaker 2: Do it, hit it DJ Flex, And I feel like everything that I've come to know about Elon Musk has been against my will. He sounds like you'd be part of my community, but I don't vibe. But here is the thing. When I was doing my daily Internet scroll as I do, I came across what I thought was a clickbait headline Elon Musk richest man in the world couch surfs, and I was thinking, okay, cool, right, like what you stay your famous friends places. It is worse than that. He's on some kind of tirade trying to convince all of us that he's just a regular guy. And despite his bajillion quadrillionaire status, he does not have any assets, none of it's liquid. He just like exists as I don't know a corporate bum. So I'm reading this article and he's like, I don't even own a home right now. And when I did, it was one that I bought for fifty thousand dollars in Boca Chica. I don't know where that is.
Speaker 4: Is that a real thing? She didn't make that up? Who knows?
Speaker 2: Who knows? And what do we do here? We don't fact check anyway. And then he says, and when I come to LA, I just couch surf. I just hit up a friend and I ask if I can stay there and they say, yeah, that's cool, and that's what I do. And I'm thinking, Okay. When I'm thinking couch surf, I'm thinking, you know a friend that lives in a share house, five person sharehouse, three bedrooms terrace. But if you're a billionaire with other billionaire friends, is it really CouchSurfing if all of your friends have sixteen room properties. Probably not. And I think he knows. I think it's being very particular and the language is using. But then it made me think, right, let's say he is telling the truth, right, what is his networth two hundred and eighty something billion dollars? Well, what would we do. What is one bum adjacent activity that we would maintain if we so happen to become multi billionaires? My one, for sure, Macas, I am never giving it up.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say it to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm never giving it up.
Speaker 1: I don't care what you say.
Speaker 2: There is no reality in which I'm not giving up McDonald's. And the thing is I should be giving up dairy. I'm a Flemmy girl. You know. There's always a bit of mucus just backed up in this throat. And I'm sure the Marcas isn't helping.
Speaker 3: I reckon they make the one that doesn't have lucktose in it so they can sell it to the most.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can pump it into people. Ah, still not giving it up. You gotta pick another one. You can't just take mine. I can rattle off a few ideas, always wanting to split at dinner. If you're a billionaire, I'm sorry, Like it's all on you. It is always on you.
Speaker 4: See, this can go really badly.
Speaker 3: I have this story about someone that I know who was good friends with this couple that like multi multi multimillionaires in Sydney. They're like in their thirties, and this woman was really good friends with the.
Speaker 4: Woman, and.
Speaker 2: You lost me.
Speaker 3: The man and the woman married the other woman. The other woman has an Uber account that was linked nah to the credit card of the other two Nah, And for a whole year, every single thing you did on Uber went to their credit card.
Speaker 4: Then one day they get their bill.
Speaker 2: How did they arrange that though? How did that happen?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 3: Maybe just once she was like, I need a card tens of thousands of grass all at once.
Speaker 4: And would you say that's on them? No?
Speaker 2: Because how often are you going back to dinner with your friends? Once a week on average? Maybe maybe less, maybe more. I think you've got it. I'm not even a millionaire. I would take it.
Speaker 4: I say that for you though you're very magnanimous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like everyone can get it. It's like if we're eating I got it anyway, So don't be a billionaire around rooms.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 4: We're both wearing denim today.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: It means where you're wearing denim pants. I'm reading a denim dress. It's a year hard kind of situation.
Speaker 2: Do you think I'm giving? Yeh, You're always giving the car my socks and slides, my mesh great imprint top, and my denim trousers.
Speaker 4: It's modern.
Speaker 3: Yeha yimha. You know how we love doing am I the Asshole? We do, which is basically when we give you a dilemma and we have to debate the asshole. Yeah, who'se asshole? Often it's everybody involved. Yeah, that's what we twist. Everybody sucks exactly.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I have found an app online called You Are the Asshole, which is a little AI bot and you can give in your scenario and they'll give you like ready made answers. Huh so it uses language generated powering systems. Every time I've made that up. I don't know exactly what it is, but it's artificial intelligence, which corroborates all of the different kind of like words and phrases people use on Reddit in those threads to throw out ones that are specific to your question. Whow so for example, Yeah, here it is. You just type in what you want to ask?
Speaker 4: What did you ask? I asked my name is.
Speaker 3: Through me and my co host flex Mummy smells like Dorito's most cheesy flavor.
Speaker 2: That is a lie. Let me just stop it there, Okay, I'll stop it. There have it on good authority that I smell good most of the time. Well, doritos is not very me plus no free promo cecs.
Speaker 3: Then my co host flex Mummy smells like most cheesy cecs. Am I the asshole for telling her?
Speaker 2: But you haven't. You have not disclosed one.
Speaker 4: I'm trying it out. This is what the bot says. There's three responses. Tell her straight, mummy, you are stinking up the joint.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: The second one is what the f The third one is Honestly, this is getting worse. You're now asking if you're the asshole for telling them their food tastes like shape.
Speaker 2: Wait. So, essentially it's like giving this thing, this AI bot, a scenario where you need to determine who's the asshole, and they'll give you a list of pre generated responses based on data that they've found from Reddit.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 2: That's genius.
Speaker 3: It's amazing, it's so so good. And yeah, this the last one that I'll leave you on. This isn't a competition to see who can be the freshest host. It's a question of etiquette and respect.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I.
Speaker 1: Love that this is flex and frooms, Kita, I want to.
Speaker 2: Read you out something. I want you to tell me if I made it up or if it's in fact a fact. I'm surprised people don't think I'm lying. Most of the time it's something in my tone. I'dn't even believe me sometimes. Okay. Headline is Walmart promises to stop playing Selene Dion and Justin Bieber in stalls to improve employee morale. Fact or cap.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say it's a fact.
Speaker 2: It's cap. Oh, I'm kidding, so you really pull it's a fact. Basically, a couple of years ago, Walmart introduced this plan to improve the livelihood of their employees. They were getting a lot of bad feedback. They're okay, we're taking it seriously. Now, this is what we're gonna do. So in and amongst raising mimom wages and offering you know, award rates and things like that, they agreed that it would stop forcing staff to listen to the same songs over and over and over again. And there was a high proportion of that was purely Justin Bieber and Selene Dion.
Speaker 3: As in, they made it Justin Bieber and Selendon what as in they added.
Speaker 2: More and those and they took more away because the majority of the playlists were Slein and Justin. Really they were like, we see a link between that and your attitudes, and like what era of Justin? But I don't know the questions? Am I on trial?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: Say you're listening to flex and frooms on Keita.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know how to make twenty two million dollars in one year?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: I selling all those TikTok people. Are you not doing crypto? You got to do cryptocurrency anyway? We are too entrepreneurs, some may say as the kids like to say, kids and boomers alike, And i'd know about you. But I do like to do a bit of research on how to add a zero to my P and L to my income tax statement. Yeah, and I like to seek out unique advice. I don't want to go to the like how to get rich, you know, seven habits of highly affected people, that's played out, it's done, and it's almost working too well that there's no room for me to capitalize on. So on, going to the alternate route, I found out about a seven year old kid, a YouTuber actually, who made twenty two million dollars in one year on YouTube playing with toys. Let's just let that sink in. Most people aren't making their first million ever. Yeah, and this kid, a whole seven year old, has made twenty two Can seven year old even.
Speaker 4: Spell when you say first million? Do you mean a million in a year? No?
Speaker 2: First million in their lifetime? People aren't making their first million ever. But he actually did an interview right, and he said, this is his formula on how he made his millions first film yourself opening a toy. He plays with everything from dinosaurs and legos to action figures and surprise eggs.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Step two, explain all the toys features while playing with them, and then step three is you upload the video to YouTube.
Speaker 4: Three step And.
Speaker 2: That might sound overly simple, but it's actually quite genius because what he's done here is said, Hey, this is just repetition, Pape. I do the same thing every time. It's worked once, I keep doing it and now I'm a millionaire. And the thing that gets me I was like, Okay, what is the breakdown of this twenty two million right? Where's it all coming from? Sponos advertising? He makes twenty one million dollars just from the ads that run in the middle before and after His video is really twenty one million. And I know they say that, you know, making kid friendly content is where the coins is because everyone can advertise to kids. He makes one million dollars from sponsored content and that's it. That's in one year.
Speaker 4: One year.
Speaker 2: So you know, if you want to be rich and famous, do what the kids do. The kids are the future. Do not listen to anyone who tells you to.
Speaker 4: Go to UNI.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I was watching Trade be a doctor. It's dead, It's played out?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Every doctor I know stressed and broke hating it. How many child millionaires do you know?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 2: But I'm sure there's plenty more where he came from.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, Well I heard I was on a walk yesterday with a friend and she was saying that her friend's a primary school teacher and apparently at one school they just don't even concentrate because they're like, I don't need to learn because I'm going to become YouTube famous.
Speaker 4: That's a real thing. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: That's a real thing.
Speaker 4: You know, Like, you're kind of not wrong.
Speaker 2: They're very wrong. They're extremely wrong. The odds are not in their favor. However, how can you convince the kid that though you spend their whole you know, formative year saying like, you know, do whatever you want and like pick something you're really excited by and pick something that makes you happy. And then they're like, I want to be a YouTube and you're like, m would you be studying medicine because I feel that for you. I feel like the world needs doctors. You know, who's bringing our online shopping orders to the house, who's making them chickens? If we're not going to do it because everyone wants to be a twenty two million dollar making YouTube, and kid, how do we get our gardens gardened flecks and frooms?
Speaker 4: Do you like going braless?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a very odd thing for maybe wearing a bra today, but alas we are at work, I am wearing mesh. Nips are not allowed to be revealed.
Speaker 3: Well, this is where it gets interesting because in New York it's legal to be topless since when nineteen ninety two? What yeah, you can go around topless in New York. There is no way the nipple hath been freed.
Speaker 2: And what are we find for?
Speaker 4: I know, wrap them down? Ladies?
Speaker 2: Do I need to fact check that you really know.
Speaker 4: I'm fully serious.
Speaker 3: The one thing that we don't need fact checks because I know it to be a act. And in Australia it's actually not illegal to not wear a top.
Speaker 2: It's just frowned upon.
Speaker 4: It's frowned upon.
Speaker 3: And basically, if people complain, you can be charged for being a public nuisance.
Speaker 2: I guess it's good with anything, like it's not legal to speak loudly, but if someone complains.
Speaker 4: Ah, it can be a public nuisance. Really.
Speaker 2: Of course, what's not illegal to play music in your house, but if someone complains you can be fined.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean then what happens though, if you're topless on Bondi beach and someone is like, stop it, your nips of scandalizing my eyes and my children's eyes.
Speaker 2: I guess you start doing that, like you know, according to legislation, this is legal, and then you get into that conversation.
Speaker 4: According to legislation, legislation. Okay, well that's my fun fact.
Speaker 2: That was a great one. I like that a lot. It's interesting though, because let's say somebody is topless at the beach sunbathing, somebody's uncomfortable. Both those two things can exist and nothing shall happen, like this person should be allowed to sunbathe, this person should be allowed to be uncomfortable, and then that is it. Go about your day. Yeah, nothing needs to change.
Speaker 3: There doesn't have to be a moralizing moment.
Speaker 2: Or like any like further action. It can just be a thing. You can just be uncomfortable and mind your business and you can make people get uncomfortable and brown your breasts.
Speaker 4: Let the browns be breasted, and the breasts.
Speaker 1: Be brown, flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: What if I sold online that is potentially a little bit too close to home And what I realized the other day I was on deepop and I was selling all of my stuff during a spring clean and I tried to sell a pair of bathers. I'd worn it once, not even into the ocean. I wore it as a bodysuit and I put it up and then I thought, yeah, it did it touch koach? It was touching cooch and it was a bit small, so it was right. And then I realized what I was doing. I'm like, I can't sell my.
Speaker 2: Bathers, so you weren't gonna wash before sold?
Speaker 4: Like I don't know how to wash bathers. Whoa cal.
Speaker 2: Cool cool, cool, Nice.
Speaker 4: How do you watched baths?
Speaker 2: Did you take down a listing immediately or is it still lurking.
Speaker 3: You can do a thing called deepop, which is like sould so it looks like someone bought it.
Speaker 4: Okay, bump up that algorithm. Nice? Yeah, what have you tried to sell?
Speaker 2: I used to be a fiend for a little Facebook marketplace, little gum tree mom, but then I just met too many cookers. Like I was driving out to some real sauce places for like a really great vintage table that was going for thirty bucks. But I was finding myself in really precarious situations, like I bought this tiger table, like tiger based glass tabletop, real lovely, drove out to Woop Woop together to get it, and when I got there, they kept on trying to invite me inside, and I was like noah. They're like, come have a drink. What do you want to drink? And then so this was just one woman who came out to greet me, and then there was a man, and then it was another man, then there was another man, and I was like, I just need the table. Then they were like, do you want us to wrap up the table because you know, it's glass and it might break. And I was like, okay, cool. They gave me this bizarre stained weighted blanket like it was baby blue. There was brownched green stains. It smelt so sound, and I had agreed to it, so when she gave it, she put it in my arms, so all the scents were on me, and then I thought I would throw it out in their front bind but they were all standing at the window watching me.
Speaker 1: Load at the table to the book.
Speaker 2: As I couldn't do anything about it, I had to take it, and that, to me was lustraw, because the thing that got me about that situation is it wasn't uncanny enough for it to feel dane. It just rubbed me the wrong way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go away, it wasn't great. Leave me be with my tiger table.
Speaker 2: And I'm that silly person who has their real name as their Facebook name and I can't change it.
Speaker 4: I changed mine last week. Guess what I did?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Do you want to tell people?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, worms for brains. I changed my my pin number.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I'm gonna spell it. Telly Tubby, Oh that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so funny.
Speaker 4: I mean group chats, it's like Telly Tubby says, be there in five, that's great.
Speaker 1: This is flex and Frooms on Kada.
Speaker 4: Lil says that she's going to tell me something enormous.
Speaker 2: I want to ask something enormous. I told you that I watched everything everywhere, all at once. This a twenty four movie that I watched in the cinemas. Unfortunately, in standard there was no Vmax or gold Class, not in the rest.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's not it.
Speaker 2: No, and even then that's not a perk, that's taking away an amenity. But a core scene in the movie is existentialism, thinking about what we're doing here on the earth, what does it mean? Why does it matter? I think about it quite frequently, But what I don't do enough is ask others what they think about it. So, Lucinda Froom's Price, call me, baby, baby, what is the meaning of life? In your opinion?
Speaker 3: So prior to roughly two years ago, I thought about this often and I thought there is absolutely no meaning. One of those Yeah, a depression kind of vibe. Not gonna lie, got it.
Speaker 4: It's giving that.
Speaker 3: However, in the past two years I've decided to do something which you say is typical in Ghanian culture. Yep, big enjoyment, big enjoyment. And so that's what goes through my mind every day. Enjoyment, big enjoyment. And now the meaning of life has become love.
Speaker 2: Gosh, to love and be loved, that's all there is.
Speaker 4: That's beautiful. What's your opinion?
Speaker 2: I say, to love and be loved is the meaning of life? Premium mode, Like, not everybody gets to experience that, and sometimes your subscription just won't take you that far. We can't all be you know, Tier one, some need Tier two and Tier three, but the most universal, free tier. Are you ready here to enjoy leisure and pleasure? Anyone can do it if you really want to, if you really really want to leisure and pleasure, and if that is literally all you do, no milestone, some of that stuff, just leisure and pleasure.
Speaker 4: You've lived.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was writing a newsletter about this yesterday because I want to write a newsletter on it.
Speaker 4: Sign up at Firmswold.
Speaker 3: Substack and I wanted to write about this, but I can't get into words because I don't want it to sound like, oh like just do nothing. Because I've said that healthcare workers, for example, will read my newsletter, and here I am a delinquent, underemployed.
Speaker 4: Bushpig on.
Speaker 2: To your own adventure.
Speaker 3: But it's true in your spare everybody has some element of spare time or some element where you're allowed to make a decision. And I think the decisions should always be enjoyment. Don't go to gym if you don't enjoy it, go for a walk, walk to McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Like the age old quote, suffering is inevitable, pain is not. We're all going to experience suffering in some capacity. You're gonna fall out with your best friend. You're gonna get fired from a job you really like, you're gonna get ghosted. Pretty much. Inevitable pain is the emotional association you have with those things. You have those people who are kind of like, no bad stuff happens, and then I moved on. But others make bad stuff like the corner stone of their whole identity. It's hard to not do that. However, it's not to say you can't acknowledge that bad stuff happened. You just need to put an extra quota in, an extra fifty percent trying to make stuff feel good. It's like you need to stop looking for the party and be the party. Need to stop looking for hot people in a room and be the hot person. Yes, need to stop looking for someone who's gonna start the conversation and you start the conversation. That's it. That's the secret source. That is the major key.
Speaker 3: That is a major key. I completely relate to that. For a long time, I was always like, I only want to dress up and like use my night of drinking. If there's gonna be somewhere there that I potentially want to.
Speaker 2: Boots, yeah, oh that's the good one.
Speaker 4: Butts yep.
Speaker 3: But then I'm like, you come to me if you like what you see, and if you don't, I'm gonna be vibing.
Speaker 2: So the meaning of life is to be hot at all times and at all costs. Literally, it's the first thing we've ever agreed on, I know, and it's a good one. So I think we might have just figured it out for everybody else.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Rooms Daily podcast. For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.