Speaker 1: First, Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: So we're going to open up the lines right now with three ways you can get in touch with the show today, Three ways to have your stories on air. So just have to listen to more. Was they go floating by in the river of the show? A knock at the door? What happened next? I don't know whatever it was. Sometimes it's a random thing. You don't get random phone calls. A random knock at the door. What's the story about? What happened next?
Speaker 3: We had a guy knock at our door once and ask if we had lost in a kidnap because there was an a kidna walking down the street.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you say, you're just walking down the street looking lost. No, it's not the street. What part my kidnaper?
Speaker 3: I don't think he was a pet though. I think he was just a wilder kidnap and god knows how he got into the summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A knock at the door? What happened next? Other? Two? Phone is today? Then I broke my brothers, whether it's an older brother always the worst thing, or a younger brothers. But you broke your brother's what And I'm very excited about the stories you might have for this one. Poorly secured items. I think sometimes you kind of know when you haven't secured something one hundred percent, and then maybe later on somewhere it just flies off, or it just takes off in the rear view mirror.
Speaker 4: But you convince yourself like that, you know what, I'll drive flower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's enough, It's just about enough, all right, poorly secured items. I broke my brothers and your story is about a knock at the door, Christian, A knock at the door in the middle of the nights. I was heavily pregnant the time my husband got out to find it was the police kind of knocking at the door to ask if they could run through our flat to chase a villain who jumped over.
Speaker 3: I thought the police were just meant to kick down doors. And it's in plies later.
Speaker 2: This was the eighties. I think it was a very different time, the very polite police. All right, let's take some stories now, Carol, welcome to a show. Which one then you got a knock at the door, broke my brothers or poorly secured items, knock at.
Speaker 5: The door, So it was probably, I said, she's stained. It's probably about twenty years ago. I was living with my parents and we got to knock your door about eleven pm and we were all in bed, so lights were off, there was no activity. Went downstairs, opened the door and there was a life sized cutout of Legalis and Aragon from Lord of the Rings at our front door. We don't know who dropped it off to this day, and it was just really strange.
Speaker 2: That is spooky, that is odd.
Speaker 5: My sister was a fan, but she yeah, she still doesn't think it was any of her friends, so I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: So did you bring him inside the house or do you leave him outside?
Speaker 6: We brought it in.
Speaker 5: I think my sister kept it for a few years, and I don't know. She's moved house a few times, so I don't know whether she still has them intact or still has them, but yeah, she hung on to them for a while.
Speaker 2: So all right, so Lord of the Rings, knock at the door. Laud of the Rings were there. That's great, Carol, thank you very much for story mate. We go ahead. Robert, Yes, Robert item Us, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Good look.
Speaker 1: I I'm a tradesman, so I had a van and I'm did the van, and I thought I'd do the right thing and going No, my mother's lawn. So I put the lawn in the van and I secured it, and I thought my nuts were pretty good.
Speaker 7: But when I took off.
Speaker 1: At an intersection, the not undone and the lawnmower went backwards and puffed the back window out of the car.
Speaker 2: But the the moa stay in. I didn't fly out into the freeway or something, and.
Speaker 7: I was quite lucky. I went to the nearby dealership. They were very good. They put in a new window, which was very nice of them. So I put the moa back in and I thought, oh, yeah, that's right. I'll be fine. I went off and guess what happened again?
Speaker 2: You're kidding? Not again?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 2: There's another phone in there. I didn't learn my lesson. How many times have we all said that? I did not learn my lesson? So life teaches it to you again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I made sure it was secure the third time.
Speaker 2: I think times of chance. Yeah, Robert, brilliant story. Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 1: May thank you the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Your story is about a random knock at the door, and then what happened next? What was the other side of the door. Now, when I say I broke my brothers, a lot of you are taken. I guess it's because we're in Australia. That means a broken bone. We don't have to break his nose. It's funny. That wasn't the stories I were looking for. But you've gone. He means physical bones. No he doesn't. I meant more like Millennium Falcus roller skates. I don't mean noses. I'm getting a lot of broken noses with us.
Speaker 4: I saw one that was broke his hair.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've had one an email, but a broken head and we don't need broken head stories on the show Millennium focus roller books, things not people or bits of people. Australia come on and poorly secured items. Christian, my boyfriend tried to take three mattresses home from the shop. See the moment, even one, even one? You're really testing the universe. Three it's too too many. Half an hour trip down the highway with these things all bungee corded. We could do a show a record about bungee grun stories onto his trader on the very last corner. We're pulling into a street, high fiving each other when they explode. Ah, all out like a jack in the box, all on to road, not one, not two, three mattresses. Kerry, thank you very much. This story. Let's got a Louis now.
Speaker 8: Well, stormy night, massive crash, it's about to waym So me and the ex are sleep.
Speaker 6: In bed and massive crashing.
Speaker 8: We could hear someone who'd broken through the window was walking through the kitchen because you could hear the glass crunching. So I rang the police. I was heavily pregnant at the time, and they knock on the door, you know, and so I was the one who had to get up and answer the door. So I go to the door and the police come through, brandishing their guns and everything. They go into the kitchen and then they knock on our door and they go, we've.
Speaker 6: Secured the intruder.
Speaker 8: And I was like, oh, thank goodness, and they go, yeah, yeah, it was your market umbrella.
Speaker 6: Windows. The police and Tim Tim.
Speaker 2: What a very generous payment for their time and effort as well. Second story about very polite police knocking at the door, isn't it Louis, Thank you very much. Your story mate, Hey Mandy, Hey going good Mandy. Mandy got a story about a body secured item?
Speaker 6: Oh I do. Indeed. I was shifting home and had a trailer and my sister was in front of me and another cow fully loaded. You know, my trailer had to chest the drawers on it, and I didn't secure them very well. And we're driving down the freeway and literally I've got brows and nickols flying everywhere, and it was terrible. And my sister rings me from the cow front, telling me maybe.
Speaker 2: All over my windscreen right now, you're smalls.
Speaker 6: Oh, it was terrible. And then next minute a truck he comes up because one of my braws went wrong on his windscreen, and he flies up next to me and he splash from the brow and waving it and can I.
Speaker 9: Keep it.
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Stephanigues emailed me Christian. In the nineties, as a teenager, worked for McDonald's on the main road on the Lake Shift. We used to close the doors at eleven PM four in dining and continue to just drive through up until one pm. I was cleaning the indoor dining area at about Corbus eleven at night when someone was really banging at the front glass door, but he was dressed in the Hungry Jack's uniform and begging to come in. He was telling me that the Hungry Jack store across from us was being robbed and that he had escaped. I asked my manager should I unlock the door and let him in. He wasn't sure for a couple of seconds because they're the enemy, but he acquiesced and we let him in and called the police. We also saw the burglar running out of Hungry Jacks across the road. He had lot the other Hungry Jack's employees in the back there. That comes from Stephanie Carien.
Speaker 4: Burglar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, carry a knock at the door.
Speaker 10: Yes. So one night we've not long moved into our house and by night my husband had just gone to bed, and they've knock at the door at about ten o'clock and here's this opened the door and it turns out our neighbors with a bit of a open minded life maybe, and there's two strange people standing at the door with robes on, with a bottle of wine and two glasses, and they're like hi, and went to walk in. I said no, no, no, no, no, who are you. I don't know who you are. And anyways, so yeah, they were like, oh, I'm sorry, is this not number three? And I'm like, no, no, no, this is number one. And they're like sorry, sorry they walked off out.
Speaker 2: Sure they're sorry. I mean maybe one in four of those works, then you've got good hit run.
Speaker 4: They're doing that all up and straight the whole suburb.
Speaker 2: They go door to door.
Speaker 10: We should have realized, wonder, I will sit in the backyard. And he popped his head over the fence and and he was like the spurs on.
Speaker 2: Amazing scenes, Kerry, Thank you very much. You cool mate, very funny. Paula. What was the other side of the door, Paula, Okay.
Speaker 9: About four five o'clock in the morning, knock at the door, Open the door. There's my next door neighbor standing there, going for the fun to you. And she was holding the hands of five, three and four year old children who had decided, if we stand on the back of the couch, we can unclick the slide chain and go and play in.
Speaker 2: The straight What in the early hours of the morning.
Speaker 6: Uh huh wow.
Speaker 9: Mother of the Year awards Right there.
Speaker 4: You're being almost tempted to say like, no.
Speaker 2: They're not. I love the fact that they'd obviously been working out for a while, Like, if you stand on that, maybe they've done a few failed attends on the ant Hill Mob. You get my shoulder for not quite there. We need the couch. We need to recruit the couch like toy story at.
Speaker 9: Night would not surprise me in the.
Speaker 6: Last amazing I were very very clever children at that age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, paula prittiant story well told
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast