Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: Yet again, I'm being savage and harassed in the studio.
Speaker 3: You know what to be seen.
Speaker 2: I went to the toilet. There's a little laminated sheet that says, if you're getting harassed at work, talk to your manager call this number and I'm this close.
Speaker 3: Just do it now, get back to you in the next business day.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm getting savage because I told my story about the Arias, and I seem to focus too much on the not interesting bits.
Speaker 4: So I think it was all interesting, It's just long winded.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, I don't know. I think people like the flavor.
Speaker 3: People love the flavor.
Speaker 4: But unfortunately for people have to edit our show, it's not giving love the flavor, it's giving burdens burdensome.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, Flex and I had a really good job. I didn't even actually get to ask you about your experience. Can you just sum it up in five words? It was mostly good? Yeah, it was mostly good. Damn. All right, Yet again I'm being upstage since five words or less, let me ever go about you.
Speaker 3: Let's move on to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Tocsin by Flex is wearing Shop Mummy necklace.
Speaker 1: Let's go Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 3: We have gossip.
Speaker 2: I light, it's not often that we have gossip, honestly. Flex and I've been going out every weekend together. Yeah, it's been at least two weekends in a row, if not four.
Speaker 4: I would say, from the day I saw you, from the night I saw you at the Wrangler party that was the start of October. I've been getting near it every week since.
Speaker 2: We have to varying degrees of success, I'd say, but attempting to get near it is like seventy percent of the battle.
Speaker 3: Yes, a real challenge.
Speaker 2: So we had the arias a couple of weeks back. It was a very exciting situation for me. It was one of my first live crosses on TV that I was doing, which is a unique challenge. I will say, I think when you're watching someone on TV it looks easy. When you're in the moment, it's a brain challenge. The brain is computing at a speed that is both exciting and terrifying.
Speaker 4: And I guess to explain because I used to think before I started working on TV that everything was off the dome, that everyone was just really charismatic and they could say what they want when they want, because they want, And that was the vibe when realistically, if it's for some big corporation with a lot of stakeholders and it's live, chances are using a teleprompter and that's very weird to have to read out what's been written and to sound conversational and natural and to bounce off another person and have people in your ears. All right, counting down, five, four, three two. It's just a lot.
Speaker 2: It's so much. And of course because this is a live event that's on a red carpet, and then in another zone, no teleprompter.
Speaker 3: Oh there wasn't a little telly no oh off the domio.
Speaker 2: Oh this is a Domeleo Grin situation, bloodshed and carnage on the red carpet. So I'm going to give you a play by player which actually happens backstage, backstage, like the whole my whole experience with that. Oh yeah, the the KFC fans red roomster. Oh so sorry, sorry, yeah, please compete all Chicken Base for suits. So okay, the day of I get to Hard and Pavilion at ten am.
Speaker 4: We're not doing a literal play by player. I think it's interest am, and the carpet was at six. It's got a few hours to get through.
Speaker 2: Okay. The carpet was at four Okay, so I get there. We have our first meeting walk through. It's called a WRECKI where you go and check out the site vibe. So we're walking on the red carpet. Everybody's frantic running around getting it done. I see some familiar faces because I have worked at the Arias for almost five years now, five years a veteran, So I'm a veteran of the Arias, and we're doing a run through of what's what's going to happen each time. We get our earp to kind of learn the lay of the land with that hate ear pieces. There are a lot, aren't they. These ones are tiny, like it literally felt like I was going into my ear canal a little.
Speaker 4: Too deep, but it was good. Ear Doctors hate her. They called audiologists. Audiologists hate her. I believe it's ear nose and throat. Eh, it's like an o something I think, like an omni.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's go with that. Then after that we go and get makeup done. Christian Wilkins and I are getting our makeup done by the most slay makeup artist. My one was called Steph and she was gor Gina, get to the gossip babe, okay, okay, yeah yeah, and then Peaking Duck walking.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So the story with Peaking Duck is they were doing a live performance in our zone obsessed with Peaking Duck. I was on their podcast the other day. Pretty sure it's out. We just get them like a house on fire, Like the chemme is unreal, the camera obsessed.
Speaker 3: What do you mean is unreal? You've got good cam, We've got great kem.
Speaker 2: So back off.
Speaker 4: I love the way what you do with the English language. You add flavor and depth, you add MSG.
Speaker 2: It's sickening, isn't it. Anyway, it's time for broadcast. It's four to six pm. I'm on the Red Carpet with Christian Wilkins and Richard Wilkins.
Speaker 4: They begin, then they go why did you say Christian Wilkinson, and then Richard Wilkins, did.
Speaker 2: I see a Wilkinson? Yeah, oh crap, just before we're going live? Accident, he said Wilkinson, and Richard was like, we gotta make sure no one, says Wilkinson. He didn't know it was me.
Speaker 4: So you're repeat offender.
Speaker 2: I know, I tell you, I don't understand names. It's showing it's a serious issue. It's clever and babe they throw to me. My first segment is talking to a fan. There's a fan zone on the carpet. Okay, so I cap the chase.
Speaker 3: Now fourteen, let's just get straight into it.
Speaker 2: Okay. The first time the interview is like this fan guy, he was lit. His name was Brad, such a legend and he was a massive I'm on the Sniffers fan sick. Then I'm on the Sniffers were meant to come in. Of course they're late, an hour late to give them. Then I move on to the next part of the carpet, and I gotta say I thought I was doing fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bit that I what do you call video recorded flechia, it's touching my dangling.
Speaker 2: That was a big ass piece that you ate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, I believe it's it's like sushi.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 4: When I was sitting in the crowd and I recorded a little snippy of for me and I think you were introducing picking duck, sounded amazing, really amazing, Okay, cool ah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, getting flashbacks around a part of the nights.
Speaker 3: You're being judged.
Speaker 2: He'd throw me off course, then I speak to Animal and the Sniffers, who's a massive fan of the podcast, so much so that at the after party we get out of the lift, Almal, the Sniffer's manager, says through me, when't you come straight over? There's someone that wants to meet you. It's Amy from Almal and the Sniffs. I sit down with her. Weig goedling like a house on fire, Double Gangers. She's so sweet. Yeah, my dad was like, I saw you in the car butt with the girl. She looks just like you, and she sounds like you when she's singing. Who are starting interview June Rats pisses, immediate rapport. I saw Vickar and Linda, who are my mum's cousins. Keep it in the family, so random ops everywhere.
Speaker 3: You can't even go to work without your family showing up.
Speaker 2: And it was all going well. Then we Christian I went to this fan zone, so there was this like it was we was called the green room, so they would cut to Christian and I during the live broadcast on Channel nine. Now, for some reason, perhaps I was like a little bit tired. I didn't realize that what we were saying was also going into the room. Yeah, yeah, so on the big screen where Flexi was sitting inside of the arias, we were getting live streamed.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, so I didn't understand that either, but I guess that's the magic of TV. So when you're watching the arias online, you're gonna see inside the room a section you know, with threw me outside on the red carpet.
Speaker 3: And then also performances.
Speaker 4: Some performances were happening inside the space were pre recorded, and so I can imagine why you didn't think that what was happening outside is being broadcasted inside. But everything was being broadcasted inside and varying degrees of like importance. So sometimes you'd be broadcasting but the sound was down so.
Speaker 3: We couldn't really hear you.
Speaker 4: We could see you, and then sometimes you were cranked up because that was the priority. What were your thoughts, Well, I'd only saw you for a little bit because I saw what I filmed and then I was backstage.
Speaker 2: Oh true, because you weren't think.
Speaker 3: About was presenting a ward. But it's not about me, it's about.
Speaker 2: You, Okay. Then we watch it back to the fan zone, peeking Duck perform. The crowd is going wild, fantastic, Medley by the Boys, I must admit, and then who is ending? It was getting to the end of the night, okay, and it was time we were kind of doing this thing where we were back announcing people that are just ones who've got little que cards. But I don't like reading off a que card when I'm on camera because it looks a bit rookie. So in the EPA, someone's like, okay, you're going to announce who just performed. Then you're going to go through three winners. But often the times would change, but they're like, you got to do this in thirty seconds. You've got to fill two minutes. You know. It's like very much on the go. It's first time working with Christian. He was fantastic. I loved it. He brought a really punished, polished energy. I brought a bit more of a chaotic energy. But I actually that's what people want, That's what I want to watch. Anyway, Then about we've probably got like three more segments to do, so I probably got an hour and a half to go. Christian and I singing down and he goes, we're getting ripped online and I said, what I said, what's going on?
Speaker 4: And at that timing to let you know as well, we're getting ripped online in a good way.
Speaker 2: They love it or so, this was the first time that I realized i'd said I said, I had said something on air that I was not meant.
Speaker 4: To because up to that point, you like, we're just racing through it. We're killing it, we're killing it. I have flexed you to be like, what was that? Wait one more time? They set you up. They set you up.
Speaker 2: No, So what I did was I was back announcing the Chats had just won an award for their album Get Fucked Yeah, which we're allowed to say on air. In my day's haze and excitement, I accidentally said the chat's just one for fuck.
Speaker 3: You, which is abuse life on broadcast, and like you said it with a huge grin, you know what, Like it's.
Speaker 2: Actually quite strange for to be this live. Often with live there's like a one hour delay, yeah, whereas is live on the.
Speaker 3: TV, like even like Live ish, where it's like being cut up.
Speaker 2: And then this was fully live ten seconds to live. So of course I said the F word you're not meant to say on broadcast. I know, an m raated thing. I say fuck you.
Speaker 3: And you get penalties. I'm pretty sure not you, but.
Speaker 2: Yes, well I don't think they will in this timeslot because it was after eight, it was eight fifteen PM. But like, no one ticks me off or anything, so I thought it was fine. And the EP John Lay is a fucking legend. He's this Irish guy that got me through the door last year. And then Christians like getting ripped. I look up the article. They've picked the most savage picture of us two. I'm like screamed, like not screaming, but I look like a banshee and it's like the worst defenders of the night were. Should I read it to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, read it out?
Speaker 4: I will say, though, this is why we have to be really specific with asking for stuff, because we all want headlines.
Speaker 3: My headline was a nipple story.
Speaker 4: I didn't tell your headline is getting ripped at the AUS while you're doing that. It's really odd to read journalism that is so scathing. I felt like there was a point in time where we were past that, only because, especially in the Australian media landscape, it's so easy to figure out who's who and who's writing it that they just don't want to deal with it. I remember one time Daily Mail hit me up to use some of my content. I was like, nah, I'm good when they use it anyway. And I was like, babes, why did you ask She's like, I'm a huge fan, Like I didn't know, and then I asked my my whatever, my manager, and she said it was fine. I don't need to ask you because you're a celebrity. But I just wanted to talk to you, and I didn't know how to talk to you. And I was like, okay, it has to stop. Okay, that's the start, but please go on. You've got the article here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and to be fed this guy that wrote it, he put his name on it. I used to be in this situation where I'd write articles. Of course, I'm just saying the generic like I took my author name off it, which is yeah, Betty. The worst offenders who were backs to wait, to be honest, a headline they've picked the hottest picture of like we look good in that picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that picture. At the release, what's the headline?
Speaker 2: The headline was just like savaging the aria's full stop the whole broadcast, right, which is bullshit, But here we go. The worst offenders were backstage host Christian Wilkins and Lucinda FROMES. Let's just cut it there. My name's Lucinda, Frome's Price, it's Liciner Price, It's Froomes.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so let you you've got that wrong. Okay, You're not the.
Speaker 2: Only one who appeared frequently throughout the night, but seem to have no idea what was going on? Love that then it said that it goes.
Speaker 3: Straight into a quote from me another quote.
Speaker 2: The Best Hard Rock Award went to the Chats for Fuck You Friends announced letting an uncensored F bomb slip on Channelmind at around eight fifteen pm. Then in brackets in fact, the Chats album is get Fucked. So, I mean he's not wrong.
Speaker 3: There are a few things here. A lie is not one, So.
Speaker 2: You know that hurt. No, it didn't actually hurt my feeling. It was quite funny. Like, I just hope that no one in the producer team or on Channel nine like is angry at me, because otherwise I think I did a pretty good job.
Speaker 4: Would they be angry at you? I mean I don't think they get paid enough to be angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Facts. Then of course we went to the half party. I went to the Warner Aft party first and we've run out of time. Oh but we have after party.
Speaker 3: We'll have to do it in another party break though.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we should just save it for our hearts. Okay, I definitely stayed up till five am. Yeah, I'll put it that way. Yeah, there were some salacious things occurring that we will not put to broadcast. But all also is fantastic times all around, we loved it.
Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: My name is Frooms and I am a certified eco warrior. And in viro Star some would say a bin girl. Yeah, go a bin girl. And a few weeks ago, I came across this headline in the City Morning Herald publication of choice, and it says Mars Bars Snickers get paper makeover a mid soft plastic recycling crisis. I never thought that the chocolate bar, a chocolate bar, could have a paper wrapper.
Speaker 3: I'm going to google this.
Speaker 2: I guess don't block chocolate to do paper wrappers? Do they do paper wrappers? No, you can't recycle those. They're still shiny. Take a little peak at this Mars Bar in the paper pack and I get a closer look.
Speaker 3: Please, I just want to see the texture of that. I mean they still look plastic from here.
Speaker 4: They've got to work on the texture, all right, make it more craft brown, like school paper, lunch bag vibe.
Speaker 2: I'd love that. So this is in response to the Red Cycle recycling crisis, very what would you say, scandalous discovery, which was that Red Cycle, which was Australia's premiere soft plastic recycling body was actually just storing the plastic bags in a massive warehouse far off location, which was very upset.
Speaker 4: He thought he thought we were my bed, they said to clarify.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how to feel about this because I know in Australia things are prone to melting, and I feel like when things are in a like shiny plastic aluminium kind of situation, if they melt, it's okay. But if it's melting and plastic, that feels dangerous. Melting and paper you mean yes, sorry in paper. So what you're saying is you care about the environment, but not that much. Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I do see that the little mock up you showed us of that looks like a mock up. I feel like what Big Choco has done is said, hey, let's catabalize catabalize.
Speaker 2: What's with the words today?
Speaker 3: Doesn't capitalize? What does it mean?
Speaker 4: Let's capitalize on this discussion, create a little mock up, get the articles out.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 2: People say they're.
Speaker 4: Not going to do a full packaging rehaul. They're gonna definitely talk about doing it so people like them, and then say like is coming, and then never do it and then say it's too hard. Yeah, we'll see. Just you know what, it reminds you of the people who said, flex and frooms, let's make some real meat out of your cells, and then we said, yeah, let's do it, and then they ghosted us.
Speaker 3: It's the same exact vibes.
Speaker 4: I just want to gauge interest so their pr improves and then not do it.
Speaker 2: That was so heavy, so heavy.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to bring that up.
Speaker 2: Maybe next maybe next year, they'll see that the crisis is really happening. The world's about to burn, so they may as well make some clones.
Speaker 3: Literally, we'll keep an eye on that.
Speaker 2: What about if your brain is actually stored in other parts of your body.
Speaker 1: That's probably why this is flex and frooms on.
Speaker 4: Every day we request you send us your moral dilemmas in the form of am I the assholes.
Speaker 3: The assholes. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Perhaps basically how that goes is you have a scenario in which you're trying to determine who's a bad guy, who's the good guy. Good and bad doesn't exist. But in the court of rooms and Flex it absolutely died there switched around. It absolutely does. Okay, listen to this person. His name is let me not say their name just in case. But the message went like this, Hey, FLEXI I need to know if me and my bestie were in the wrong for some beef that went down. And then five voice notes.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, at least it's not one long one play me and five.
Speaker 5: Other friends when I went on school is and because we just finished twelve day yay. And so basically, the girl that was booking at We're called Taco Taco. We said, you're booking it, so you get the master bedroom. Me and my best friend Tate, we were sharing a bed, two other of my close friends, Black and Jam. They were in a room with two single beds, and then another guy called Jack, who was in his own room. And we get to the place before Taco and we mean, take go to our room, and it's like, I'm normally small and We're the only two people sharing a bed, and we were like, we can't function here for a week, so like, what are we going to do? Tarco hasn't got to the house yet, so we're going to staunch the master bedroom.
Speaker 2: Also, every does anyone have.
Speaker 3: To take names?
Speaker 4: Because we are from Taco to Blanche to take jem Jack.
Speaker 5: I'll go guess the house and we tell her and she's happy with her She's fine to stop rooms. Which her room is now a loft room above Jack's room and it's kind of detached from the house. You have to go outside to get to it.
Speaker 1: And ten pm rolls around.
Speaker 5: I'm in the shower, takes in the room and Taco comes in and she goes, we're shopping rooms, like I'm not comfortable in They're like, I'm not close with Jack and like I need my own personal space and we need to stop rooms. Tat's like, okay, it's ten pm.
Speaker 2: We're about to go to.
Speaker 1: Sleep on school.
Speaker 5: Is I know lame, but you know it was that kind of that, and she's like, go sleep on it and we'll come back to you in the morning. She leaves, she comes back two minutes later, goes, now we have to swop rooms, and Tate's like, okay, let me go to your room. We'll suss it out, and kind of showing how that it's not functional for two people with massive suitcases to sleep in this abnormally small room. While that is happening, I'm with Blythe and Gym telling them the switch. They've come in and they're offering to sob rooms with her, and I'm like, no, that's not fair, Like if anyone's sapping, it's going to be me and Tate like obviously, like we wouldn't do that to them. Anyway, Ta comes back, Blathe and German now are in our room as we're like getting ready for bed. Taco comes back in and she's like, okay, I'm putting my foot down. We need to swap room right now. And at this point I had cracked a little and I said, no, we are not stewing rooms.
Speaker 1: Go back.
Speaker 5: But the others are a bit more generous than me, so I just let them talk. And anyway, Blythe had offered for her and Tarco to swap room and Jum will get the single mattress from there and put it in the master bedroom with me and Tape. So then Taco is now in her own room and blats up in the other room. We has in this situation because we didn't swamp rooms with her or was it her fault because she's just being a bit entitled, you know, and like now we're all kind of split up. Someone's on a mattress for the whole week. She's in this room with two single beds, like because she wanted to wear pilates in the morning, and like we get the ship fee comfortable because she wasn't that close with him, bit jack, But it's kind of like we're on school, you're gonna get close, and it wasn't that.
Speaker 4: Bad before we get into the analysis the unpacking. This person did want to start a group chat with all of us, but couldn't do that because you've turned off your message request. People can't send through me messages unless she follows them. So now I'm getting stuck with everything. Who is the arsehole for me?
Speaker 2: Please? I'm so sorry to Dylan. What's his Harry? Harry babes?
Speaker 3: What is going on up there?
Speaker 2: I told you I don't know how to remember name.
Speaker 3: It's gonna fraction, believe you, but I do really well, Okay.
Speaker 2: I think Okay, I kind of like how it ended up, which is somebody else switching with the woman who booked it. I think she does need to have Maybe she doesn't get the biggest room, but she needs to have her own space with no one else in it. That's fair enough. You should have waited until she got there instead of going straight in, because if someone did that to me when we'd all agreed on something, I might kick up a stink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fighting words.
Speaker 2: It's fighting words, and my biggest anxiety when I go away with friends to an airbnb is that they're going to get there first and get the best room. I think it should be a collaborative effort. Otherwise it gets off on the wrong.
Speaker 4: Foot because I would definitely if I got there first, I would take whatever room I felt entitled to. In this instance, knowing what we know, the person who booked the accommodation should get should get some kind of perk. I agree, committing to the master room feels fair. However, like you said, grass, cutting them before they can decide is terrible. On the adverse, though, I'm someone who's done a fair few group trips in my life, and the only way to ensure that a group trip, that a group trip functions well, is that everybody needs to suck it up, every single person. I don't care what it is that you think you feel so strongly about, whether it's accommodation in the location, what you're doing, when you're doing it, you got to suck it up because the moment one person starts to complain, it sets a chain of events and everybody starts to complain about stuff well, and then this listen, it's just too much given its schoolies, and you're already get loose. I would assume that you just go down the path of least resistance at all times totally, because.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get a few bevers into you, and that's been stuff will fire up. It's impossible, in my opinion, to go away and school is and not have some sort of blow up.
Speaker 3: Oh and I feel possible.
Speaker 2: It's impossible.
Speaker 4: I stand by what I said, but definitely fix that issue now because you don't want school is to be the detriment of your relationship. Granted the damage is done, but be the bigger bitch in this instance and just you know, be like you know what, so sorry l l L, and then make up.
Speaker 2: I totally agree.
Speaker 3: Repress, suppress, survive.
Speaker 2: It's a bit too real.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on Kita.
Speaker 4: A new theory just dropped everyone. Not from my brain, unfortunately, and I will disclose I did not even watch the full video because one thing I cannot fake is being surprised or seeing something for the first time. I don't know what my face does when I'm surprised. I don't know what my face does when I'm like, oh, this is genuinely interesting. So when I see something cool, I do the first fifteen seconds and then I save it. So this person wants to talk about the concept of the unrealized pick me girl. Do we know what a pick me is?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: A girl that is different to other girls and is waiting to be picked by, genuinely usually a man.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: So generally a pick me is the kind of girl who does anything for a man to approval, probably almost always throw another girl under the bus to do it, or trying to differentiate themselves from other women.
Speaker 3: I'm not like them. I don't even wear makeup, I like sports, and I naturally blonde.
Speaker 4: Naturally blonde, of course, I'm just so skinny, peteat and tiny, like you could pick me up right now, and like pick me you can pick me out if you wanted to. But this new theory just drops it.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it.
Speaker 6: You need to talk about And I literally tell us some of my friends all the time that, like Sophia, we get it.
Speaker 2: I shut up.
Speaker 6: I am just beamboozled by a certain kind of person. And I just like, I have this theory that needs to be talked about because I know your friends are like no other girl like this, and it just needs to like there needs to be a name for it.
Speaker 3: So I'm giving you one.
Speaker 2: Basically, I'm calling her.
Speaker 6: The unrealized Pigmy girl. And before we get in my comments and you're like, why why are we hating pick me girls? Girls should be lifting each other up, like go women.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 6: I never wanted to pit Haley against Lena. I never thought that was a good idea.
Speaker 2: I love all women.
Speaker 3: I don't pick sides.
Speaker 6: But when it comes to the unrealized pick me girl, it is nothing near even.
Speaker 2: Close to like judgmental.
Speaker 6: This is like an obsession, Like I am completely utterly entranced by this person, So I need to discuss it.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I realized pick me.
Speaker 6: Girl radiates confidence. She looks like she woke up from a ten hour nap every time you see her. But her mascara is perfect, and she's like in sweats and a hoodie, but she's never looked better, and it's giving clean girl, but massy girl.
Speaker 3: But it's it's not.
Speaker 6: Even like has to do with anything that she's wearing, because it really doesn't matter. She looks good in a tight dress, she looks good in sweatpants.
Speaker 2: It's because she's just.
Speaker 6: So pretty, and because she's so pretty, she has an incredible amount of guy friends. But her personality is like over the top good, like she is super funny, like smart on the low, but like not in your face like you just like you know she has a but she's so funny. She says things that I could never say, you can never say because they're just like chill and like funny and they make sense.
Speaker 2: Even if she said slay, it would.
Speaker 6: Be like okay, like hah, but like what everyone says slay, Like that's not anything. She just like stays so unproblematic and you're just so confused by it because she's friends like popular people and guys and just like she's just like friendly with everyone and like she's never in the center of the drama. She's just like she's not about that life. And she the I realized pick me apart is because she definitely.
Speaker 2: Like had like a bunch.
Speaker 6: Of older brothers or like something.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is, but she just likes guy friends.
Speaker 6: She just like is so easy.
Speaker 4: Around boys and she enough, Sophia, but thank you for that. That did come from a publication called Dear MONDAYE and it's a publication for teens. And this is what gets me because when I first listened to besides the preamble, the first fifteen seconds of the point, I was like, Oh, you just talk about like a well rounded person. I guess you don't have well rounded people when you're a teenager, because everybody is living in that extreme of like those puberty like I like what I like and I will never like what I don't like. And then you meet someone who's like varied, you know, you want maybe a paradoxical. They're as loud as they are quiet, as bold as they are shy, like this one unrealized pick me.
Speaker 2: Let it be?
Speaker 3: Would you say let her be?
Speaker 2: But is that a kind of pil pick me girl thing to say.
Speaker 4: No, because I mean, okay, my my cheat sheet for identifying a pickny is, are they doing it for the unbeknownst validation of men or the patriarchy? Now us saying leave girls alone, that's just for our benefit, because I don't want to be the person who's being being perceived as an unrealized pick me because I have older brothers and I'm pretty.
Speaker 2: Putting my pretty privileged aside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, putting that aside, because I'm just like one.
Speaker 2: Of all of you people, the coming man.
Speaker 4: But I will say I do love hearing people id eight on theory. It's not for everyone, it's for some people, But I do want to sit with that because I think the concept of an unrealized pigmy definitely exists, but I think that's just picknies.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. I think that, though, invites other people into define what a pigmy is, and that's a really, really fantastic first step regardless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, that's hot.
Speaker 1: You're listening to flex and Frooms on Kita Flexi.
Speaker 2: I went and got a facial the other day.
Speaker 3: Hectic pre Arius for the Arius to.
Speaker 2: Look for my glow up at the arius.
Speaker 3: You do look really good.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I go to the same woman in my hometown, my local town that I live in right now, she's appraising. Well, this is the thing. She is a facial to the stars and whoever else gets her number. So she has no website. Ooh, no like phone anywhere. If you try and google the business, that doesn't come up. She's purely through referrals of her number. So you text this random number and you're like, Sabina, She's like, yeah, hi, or three or two pm today.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with that and chext your energy queen exactly.
Speaker 2: What is one of the hardest type of facials to do is the extraction facial, which is where have you had one?
Speaker 3: No, but I've seen them on the internet. I'm very scared of them.
Speaker 4: It's when they kind of like squeeze stuff out of your paws, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, squeeze the black heads out. I get a lot of black heads in t zone. Okay, So when we go, I'm crying because it hurts.
Speaker 3: See I can't.
Speaker 4: I don't like any kind of therapeutic practice that hurts in any capacity.
Speaker 2: If it hurts not doing it. It's like every time I get a massage. It hurts because I don't know how to say I want it lighter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, what pressure do you want? I say light?
Speaker 4: They laugh every time, but I'm not getting hurt when I leave them. You gotta say lie and then if there's rude to do, like a little bit medium, you say but you can't say, you know, medium, and then go down to the light. They don't know, they don't know. They're it wrong every time.
Speaker 2: I also got a secondary treatment to the squeezing, which was light therapy. Have you ever heard of it?
Speaker 3: Is that the what do we call him?
Speaker 2: The dais gross?
Speaker 3: No, I'm thinking Michael horror movie mask? Red light?
Speaker 2: Oh, Michael Meyer, Michael Meyer, what's that about?
Speaker 3: Don't worry? But yeah, I think it's the white mask, the red light.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, Like you go at home, people have that like crazy terminator mask thing on correct. Well, I got one in salon. So what happens is you lie down and there's a massive like semi circle thing goes over your head and it's red light. It's so bright and it's supposed to like regenerate yourselves. Every time I go to a salon, they up sell me something I don't know whether to believe it. It's like when you get a peel, a face peel, what's that about? But I googled it and apparently there's like some research on it some and that it does do something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, I am also those people that I don't really mind if it doesn't do anything.
Speaker 3: I wanted to feel good.
Speaker 2: This didn't feel good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let's take that out of the treatment for next time. It's just an extra hour and a half for.
Speaker 2: What totally twenty minutes, only twenty twenty minutes because there's little tiny goggles on, like when you go, you know, some people go, so would you recommend? Ah?
Speaker 4: No, I mean do you think I look good right now? I mean you looked amazing, but you always look amazing. People are always in my DM telling me that your skin looks great. So I feel like, you know, not to say that Sabina isn't putting in work for you.
Speaker 3: Perhaps she has been doing work this whole time, but I'm just saying we might have to go back and try it again.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.