Speaker 1: Laura, come on, we made it the last week of the last week, the last show of the first week of the pickup.
Speaker 2: You know where I was trying to go, the last day of the week, the last day of our first week.
Speaker 3: It's all happening today. It's Friday.
Speaker 4: That's what I wanted. I'm so glad at the end of the week.
Speaker 2: Don't sound surprised that we made it through the week. Okay, Well, I mean, do you know what, It's been a big week of shows. You know else, it's been a big week of married at first sight. Who is watching is sick for it? Like it's disgusting, how obsessed? Every season gets better and better. But the reason why I'm excited is because on today's show, we have John Aiken joining us. He is one of the relationship experts.
Speaker 5: I've got some questions for him, like how these people actually end up on that show?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And are you a trained expert? How do you get the expert title? I want to be an experts. Also, I have been banned from a social media and it's ruining my life coming up with a big pickup right around Australia, all thanks to Chemists, ware House TGF. Everyone it's in the vibe, It's in the air. It's the pickup with brit Laura and Mitch heading to Chemists ware house, purchase any new Ego qv Seramides product and go in the running to win a car. We got a car for you to win. The competition ends on the twenty second of February. Teas and seas. Apply it now, ladies. I was trying to tell you what's going on with my Facebook situation in the songs. But long story short, I've been banned from Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 5: How do you get banned from a marketplace? Is it what you were trying to sell?
Speaker 4: Listen? If you know me, you know I love a deal. Like My dad's a salesman, right and my mum was in sales. That's how they met. So it's in my blood. I'm just a haggler and we went on a trip to Balley together. Anytime I'm on Facebook Marketplace, I mean i feel like I'm in semon yak im like deal, give me this price.
Speaker 2: The thing is is that there's getting a bargain and then there's just haggling. For haggling's sake, You're telling me that you got to a point where you haggled so much that now you had to create a fake account because of the haggling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're on Facebook Marketplace, you'll know you have a five star you I got to half a star at a five and then I got a warning and then it said your band from selling on Facebook Marketplace as Mitch Jury.
Speaker 3: What were you do? Were you swearing at them.
Speaker 4: That someone wanted to sell an electric scooter for ten dollars under market price? And I told him he was joking. And I may have also said that his profile picture was ugly.
Speaker 3: You did not.
Speaker 2: You tried to tell me that you weren't a troll, but that is troll behavior, Mitchchu.
Speaker 4: He also did say I love listening to your radio show, and you said, and you're ugly, and you're ugly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So what I've had to do is I've had to dyer. I've had to create a fake Facebook account. Ladies and gentlemen, I love to introduce you to Elizabeth Libby Tree. Okay, hey, pototos on the pickup.
Speaker 2: We should be so annoyed by Vid looking.
Speaker 5: At this for you guys know we're looking at We've got the screen here with Mitch's fake profile Elizabeth, we've got okay, we've got some blue eye shadows. She looks about sixty odd. She has very short, short perms.
Speaker 3: She doesn't look like she could make a great Greek feast.
Speaker 5: No, she looks like a bit of a horder for me. Can She shops a lot on Facebook marketplace and keeps them all at a house.
Speaker 4: Listen, no one ever give a bad deal to a gorgeous old woman like Liby Tricketts.
Speaker 5: You just put a bikini photo off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm having fun with it. I needed to create the library. It's a bikini photo. But have a look here, I'm selling a pair of DJ decks right to Jamie and look, thanks for the offer. I'm having a civil conversation. I'm growing and I'm learning.
Speaker 2: So, okay, how is your star rating going when you're Elizabeth Libby Trickett turned out?
Speaker 4: Now I'll have to check. I'll have to check someone this.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at a message that says I totally feel your mate. Have you written that or have they written that to you?
Speaker 4: That's then what did I say?
Speaker 3: You're a six year old woman, have never written to you?
Speaker 4: I feel your mate?
Speaker 3: If you can do three nine hundred dollars, it's yours. What are you selling your car?
Speaker 4: My star rating on lib trickat is five out of five and that's exactly the reason why I have her.
Speaker 5: I can't I'm putting this on the record. I can't condone this. I think that you need to retire Liby.
Speaker 2: I can't condone it because marketplace is so great. I'd be really upset if I got kicked off there as well.
Speaker 4: Which the greatest loss in my life.
Speaker 2: Didn't make you realize how you have to Like, you know, when you lose something and you're like, I'm going to be better. I'm going to be a better man for because you realize what you've lost, you've regained it and you'll never make the same mistake.
Speaker 5: I had someone impersonating me though.
Speaker 3: This is why I've got a veto it.
Speaker 5: I had someone impersonating me on dating sites and stuff that it didn't go down well.
Speaker 3: I was like, Brittany, real Brittany would never say that.
Speaker 4: That's what. I give this woman a break. Libby's a beautiful old lady. And if you want to add her on Facebook because I need to add to the fake profile, please add Liabey Elizabeth Trickett on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Or if you'd like to find her on Tinder. Mitch also has a pro while set up on that.
Speaker 4: Unpack that next week. All right, it's a pick up around Australia. Up next to the maths expert John Aiken, not only talking about this season of Maps, but Britney's Doomed to Fail relationship.
Speaker 3: No, don't say it's a doom to fail relationship.
Speaker 1: It happened.
Speaker 5: Now if I get married, you're not invited.
Speaker 4: Oh please, you'll ask me to MC the day he proposes. I'm already. It's the pick Up. It's Friday edition of the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Oh thanks to Chemist's Warehouse. Now the world has gone absolutely maths mad. It's back on on Channel nine. Laurie officially, You've got the you've got the bug you love married at first site.
Speaker 2: Oh like you've lost me every night of the week and it's it's my favorite show. It's good because it's all the things that you shouldn't do in a relationship. But we have today John Aiken joining us. He is one of the relationship experts who's on the show, who matches the couples and handholds them throughout the whole experiment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have so many questions.
Speaker 3: John, Welcome, Welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's good to be here. And look, Laura, I'm so glad that you've come out as a maths progic disgusting. But Fritz Britt, you and I need to talk. I can't believe you haven't watched it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't watch it because I know I'm going to get hooked into it. But I do keep up with what's happening, like I always go the next day and read all the news articles and I get the lowdown from Laura because I am interested in I love relationships.
Speaker 5: We have a relationship podcast. But I just know I'm going to lose hours of my life every night if I allow myself to.
Speaker 6: Well, it does tend to suck you in, and I think there are a lot of ingredients in Maths that makes it so compelling. I mean, it is a show that kind of appeals to both singles and couples. And I think it's also based on a fairy tale. And you know the experts, we sort of get in there and really try and hold them to account.
Speaker 2: Well, John, we know that there's like tens of thousands of people who apply for this show, and you have the job of helping to match people together.
Speaker 3: How do you go about actually matching these couples?
Speaker 2: Like some people seem particularly not well matched, which might come as no surprise.
Speaker 3: I think that's quite a diplomatic way of saying.
Speaker 4: What were you.
Speaker 6: Day, John, That's what I'm getting from that question. Absolutely. Look, people do look at it and are often confused. The bottom line, it's a quite exhausting two month process. We give them tests around things like communication, their values. We kind of put them together and then sit back and watch like everybody else, to see whether or not they can fall in love as complete strangers. We are matching them with the eyes on them getting over the line and finding the fairy tale. But in saying that, there are a lot of things that are uncontrollable, like chemistry. They can be difficult to date, let's be honest, and so when we put them together, a number of them simply do not work out well.
Speaker 5: There's one other women that I've seen, and I've seen her everywhere actually since the show ed. That's Melissa, the self proclaimed freak in the sheets. She loves to get freaky and I'm all about it, and I think there are everyone in a strateag is like singing her praises right now? How important do you think this matched intimacy and matched chemistry and sexual exploration? How important is that in a relationship?
Speaker 6: Yes, well, that's a very good question that I think a lot of people are going to be asking as they watch this season. You know, how you talk about sex, who initiates sex? How much is enough in a relationship to keep it healthy? All of that starts to become quite a conversation topic, not just between the couple, but also in the group. For me, sex is important because it's a good gauge of a temperature in a relationship. You know, if you're having it regularly, then you know you're connecting and you're reaffirming to your partner that they're special. When it's not around, you know, it can start to create a distance. It's not the only thing. You've got to have a lot more than just sex, but I do think it's got to be made a priority in a relationship for it to keep the connection going.
Speaker 4: Well, John, you mentioned distance there, and that's something that I wanted to bring up and lack of sex. I mean, those things go hand in hand. How very un Brittany Hockey has just entered into a long distance relationship. So not only is she not getting it daily, which I'm sure she'd love to do, but her new boyfriend is thousands of kilometers away living in Scotland. So do you have any advice for couples that are new ely long distance and can they last?
Speaker 6: Well? They can last, But I think what you've got to do, Britt, is to make sure that you have a number of things in place outside of that. Britt, what I would say is that you've got to know the time zones. You've got to be constantly contacting them at regular parts of the day. You also need to see them face to face on a regular basis, so you fly to him or he flies to you. So anytime you have a big calendar, you've got to really make it special. But I think, ultimately, Brett, if it's going to work, then you two have to have an end date in mind where he's either going to come and live here or you're going to live there.
Speaker 5: He's going to be listening to this, so it's probably pretty important that he's like consistently buying me presents and stuff as well. Is that right?
Speaker 6: Well? Absolutely, and feel very special.
Speaker 3: You don't have to agree with your expert, John, Brittany is a hijack. The is a therapy session for herself.
Speaker 2: I'm very sorry about that, but we are all I mean, well, actually I won't speak on behalf of britt. I am thoroughly enjoying mass and we can't wait to see what unfolds this season.
Speaker 4: All right, it's all going down. I married at first Sight on Channel nine and give it a watch, John Ak and there one of the experts. Thank you, buddy. Hey, next we are going to unback. We've asked the experts. But now what we've done is we've asked the pick up audience. Have you been in a long distance relationship and has it succeeded? Did it go the distance? Or did it fail? We have the responses on.
Speaker 5: The edge of my seat.
Speaker 4: The pickup pole next and the pick up around Australia. Friday afternoon on the pickup with britt, Laura and Mitch head into chemist warehouse, go purchase any new Ego qv Seramides product and go in the running to win a car. That competition ends on the twenty second of feb gees and sees apply Now, Laura, we got the results of our online competition.
Speaker 2: What an online competition it was? Hey, poor Brittany over here, Yes, poor Brittany.
Speaker 3: We got the maps relationship expert giving me grilly.
Speaker 5: We've got you guys, give me a grilling. We got the listeners, given me a grill. And I just want to be in my happy long distance relationship.
Speaker 2: Because we love you so much and we have seen how the past long distance relationship worked out.
Speaker 3: We were a bit worried put it that way, so we did a call out. We wanted to know.
Speaker 2: We just kind of wanted to canvas the audience and see who's done long distance, who did it work out for?
Speaker 3: And who didn't it work out?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 4: Did your long distance last the distance? We put it up on the pickup website. We got Emily on thirteen one oh sixty five. What happened in your long distance relationship?
Speaker 7: Were together for about three years and I found out that my partner had moved on through Facebook when a friend contacted me during a lunch break and decided to tell me that my relationship was over. So they how did they find out his Facebook? Status had changed.
Speaker 3: Wait, did it change to being single or in a relationship with someone else?
Speaker 4: Complicated? It's competent in a relationship with someone else and you had no discussion about it? How long had you not spoken since that happened?
Speaker 7: A week?
Speaker 5: What a little ship?
Speaker 3: At least you gave it some breathing room, right, one week.
Speaker 4: Was the death of the relationship the long distance aspect? Or was the death of the relationship? That he was just a flop?
Speaker 6: Ah, he was a flop.
Speaker 7: I think he just thought he could have a woman in two states.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he really made it quite a grave error when he put it on Facebook, didn't he.
Speaker 3: That really foiled the plan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well apparently he didn't even know about it.
Speaker 4: She did it?
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 4: Oh what happened when you?
Speaker 5: Obviously you went to your partner and said, Yo, you're in another relationship.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 6: What did he say?
Speaker 7: Well, he screened my calls for about a day and then.
Speaker 3: Well we had it a heart attack and I was like, what am I going to do?
Speaker 7: And then he denied it initially and then and then yeah, broke it to me, and I just sort of said, you know, we could have done this a different in a different manner.
Speaker 4: But okay, yeah, definitely could off. Oh listen, Emily, we're going to give you a five hundred dollar chemist way House gift card if I've been.
Speaker 5: Where you are before, so you definitely get the five hundred dollars. But I'm still feeling optimistic, guys. I'm feeling great about my relationship. I think man is an angel and I will eat my words if his Facebook status updates.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Emily. I think you've listening to the first week of the pick up done and dusted. That's our first week done.
Speaker 3: That is our first many more to come. Well, let's just see what the bosses say over the weekend.
Speaker 4: But it would be fine.
Speaker 3: That was great fun, guys, so much fun. And we'll be back next week.
Speaker 4: Guys. Yeah, big show. We'll see you Monday. Thanks for listening, guys,