Speaker 1: Come on hello everyone, Hi girls, Hello everybody.
Speaker 2: Happy Thursday.
Speaker 3: Every morning.
Speaker 4: Laura just called me out for picking my pull on picking your nose.
Speaker 1: It's a scratch, and the problem is you'll never be able to tell the difference because it's my nose.
Speaker 4: That's not true.
Speaker 5: It also reminds me of that episode of Seinfield don't remember this when he was like in the car and he pulled up and he was scratching one side of his nose and the girl that he had a crush on was in the car next to him, and she was like and it looked like he was really gone.
Speaker 1: For god, that happened to me yesterday because you now I have my true boiled eggs every morning.
Speaker 4: You were picking your nose.
Speaker 6: No, I was.
Speaker 1: I was peeling my boiled egg out the window, like I crack it on the side of my car and I peel it and I've said that again, show yeah, And the car next to me, I could see in my periphery was slowing down and like were staying at my speed, and I'm like, that's weird and maybe trying to get my attention.
Speaker 6: So I look over and she's filming.
Speaker 5: Me throwing your eggs shells out the window. Yeah, but you're throwing your eggs shells out the window? How is that like picking your nose?
Speaker 1: Well, it's just I was caught because Seinfeld reference, because you're talking about to throw things at window.
Speaker 5: Both references had cars in them, so yeah, I can see the similarity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, can you throw eggs shells out a window?
Speaker 3: It's not allowed to throw anything out of a car window.
Speaker 4: I've gotten I've gotten done, not done.
Speaker 5: But like someone yelled at me through the car windows because I threw a mandarin peel, I threw a person out of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not allowed to.
Speaker 2: You're not throw the peels out and led to do anything out the window.
Speaker 4: No, I learned that, haigher, What about a sun roof? Toss it straight out the sunroof straight up?
Speaker 1: That's all right, thirst day. We have a ask on cut next. This one's a big question, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Big show, big listener question. What do you do when none of your crushes ever like your back?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Is that all there is? That's that seems to be the question. Yes, Laura, I'll get a crush on someone else. Well, I think it's unrequired.
Speaker 3: Love sounds like it's like constant unrequited love, which is really hard.
Speaker 6: It'd be tough. I mean nothing I've ever experienced.
Speaker 2: I'd be asking yourself question.
Speaker 4: You're so beautiful? How shun anyone help themselves?
Speaker 2: Gray?
Speaker 1: Let's start the show before you, guys raffish me. It's the pick up asking cut. Next, girls, are you ready getting your therapy hats? On?
Speaker 4: Therapy hat doesn't come off really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sorry, it was a bit slow off the market. Yeah, I'm ready?
Speaker 5: Is going to ask gun cut?
Speaker 3: We do it every Thursday on our podcast Life on cart It's where you guys writing or call up with your biggest problems, your biggest predicaments. We do our best to help you. And today we have Layla.
Speaker 2: Who seems to have fallen in love with her gay best friend.
Speaker 5: Hi, Layla, Layla, Hey, guys, look, I'm single, I'm thirty three, and I have a type and the type isn't helping my situation.
Speaker 7: I keep getting crushes on gay men.
Speaker 4: How many times does this happen? Now?
Speaker 7: It's gone back to when I was fifteen, and I have honestly always just fallen in love with.
Speaker 6: The gay You know this happens way more than you expect.
Speaker 1: The amount of girls in my dms, there's like six, but the amount of girls that go you are my dream man. I wish like if only you weren't gay. Yeah, I get that so often. I think a lot of women.
Speaker 4: Yeah I was one of them, Waila, you gotta work on that.
Speaker 6: What is it about gay men that you like and then me? More so?
Speaker 7: I just think that they get me better, Like we just get each other. We understand each other, you know. I do sometimes wish I was a lesbian. I'm not, but you know, I just feel like there's just more of an understanding.
Speaker 2: Leyland. Did Mitch ever right back?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he just said thanks.
Speaker 4: Fair though it's a nice compliment.
Speaker 3: Has there been any straight people you're falling in love with an introim?
Speaker 2: Or is it just gay?
Speaker 7: But this is the problem. Yeah, for the last two years, I haven't had a rush on a straight man, but I think I could name three different gay guys that I have definitely a real crush on.
Speaker 5: Also, hear me out, I reckon that you are commitment avoidant because I think I know I do. I think that she's a commitment avoidant, and I think that it manifests in her being attracted to people that she knows that she could never actually be in a relationship with No.
Speaker 4: I reckon, You've got to like right down.
Speaker 5: Like make lists, manifest this right down, a list of the qualities straight No manifest in terms of like, what are the qualities that you're looking for, what are the qualities that you're so attracted to? Just listen, write it down, Just write, write it down what you're looking for, and then go after straight men who have those qualities.
Speaker 1: No, that's why I want you to listen, because I'm going to I don't think that straight man exists.
Speaker 6: What are some qualities you want? Later?
Speaker 7: Quality does I want? Oh? Someone that likes me?
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, you've already the wrong start with going after gay guys.
Speaker 4: Sorry for the start.
Speaker 1: Here's my genuine advice. You rather him tell you now, and you'd rather know now than then fall in love with this man, marry him, and then later in life it's revealed that he's gay, which happened to our executive producer Grace. Your dad came out later in.
Speaker 8: Life, Yeah, which probably is why I've had the same issue in that I've fallen in love with gay men many times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so your daddy issues is what we're talking about now. This has really come full circle, hasn't it.
Speaker 6: But your mum and dad are our best friends.
Speaker 8: They are they're best friends and it actually worked out really well for everyone and we love them all, but it's it's a real issue.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so glad you know now.
Speaker 7: I thought i'd call up for some advice for a bit of fun, But I honestly feel like you've exposed me for daddy issues and commitment issues they like. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I also think, I genuinely think when.
Speaker 3: There's you're in a friendship with someone that's gay and you're not, you become so close so quickly, and you're so open, there's no barriers, there's no walls up.
Speaker 4: So I wonder if.
Speaker 3: You're just mistaking that like beautiful close connection and that's what you're looking for because you just get there quicker with gay people like you genuinely do, because you will down because you don't have to pretend to be anyone. You're not going to cross any lines. Well you're crossing the line, but no one else is crossing lines. But but I think that maybe you're just looking for that connection and you haven't found it with a straight person yet.
Speaker 2: Because it usually takes a little bit longer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this got really real, guys.
Speaker 1: I'm down for a drink and some dinner. We can still be besties. We just don't have to get together.
Speaker 2: I can't sleep to you.
Speaker 7: I just want to. Can I give you one kiss? Mitch?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, No. I'm not above a party pash with anyone. God.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Layla, this is not going to help you. This is no Layla, stop the gay man. No Mitch shot with the game. I know you are. I mean, I don't know for sure. I don't know what I'm saying. I don't look I'm I think we all need the You're.
Speaker 2: Flirting with Laila on this not even trying.
Speaker 6: It's Laila's problem. She's just addicted to gay man. I'm actually doing them.
Speaker 2: You guys can keep talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you want to get on for an ask gun cut, you can d MS so you can head the pickup win page and we'll help you out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you want some terrible advice like that, give us a call.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's go give some money away.
Speaker 3: We've got one thousand dollars to give away to one lucky winner thanks to Audible.
Speaker 6: Coming up there, cash on the way. Next on the pickup, Now a thousand dollars cash up for grabs, ladies. Let's do this, so pick up. Are we there yet with the Audible? Oh I love giving out free money. It's so much fun.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 5: But also it's not just about the money. Everyone also get for twelve month subscription to Audible.
Speaker 1: Oh you're right, we actually should meet our contestants. We've got Nicole and we've got Melissa. High ladies, you both get a twelve month Audible subscription.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, thank you.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, you are playing this game for one thousand dollars to spend.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: The way it's gonna work is that we have a piece of audio that we have put lots of distractions over the top of it, and you need to you need to listen really intently, and then we're gonna ask one question off the back of it, and whoever gets the question right is gonna win a thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Wow, take a breath.
Speaker 5: Well, then you gotta okay, wait, wait, wait, we gotta test your buzzes.
Speaker 4: You got to use your name for buzzers. You want to test it?
Speaker 7: Nicole?
Speaker 2: All right, Nicole, Melissa.
Speaker 6: You there Melissa's use your buzzer. Melissa, okay, great, that's quick.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna play the audio right now. Strap in, put your ears on, and listen very carefully.
Speaker 1: There'll be one big question after we play a snippet that we've manipulated from a.
Speaker 6: Pepper Pigs play along podcast just finished.
Speaker 9: Here we go, But what if I did my triangle at the wrong time?
Speaker 6: I'm sure you want, Susie.
Speaker 9: You amazing, and we can have maybe then it's time to ding your triangle. I can have my dad give so and I can hit my drum like this. I can't do that.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a great plan to do. What do you think, Susie?
Speaker 9: Yes, thank you?
Speaker 4: This one is hard.
Speaker 2: I think this one's easy.
Speaker 4: Oh, I reckon, it's tricky.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: One thing that we haven't figured out is what if no one gets it right or someone and gets it wrong.
Speaker 2: This was so easy they're going to get it. Are you guys ready with your buzzer?
Speaker 3: I'm going to ask you the question you needed to yell at your name as quick as possible. Okay, what instrument is Susie playing in the band?
Speaker 2: That was Melissa?
Speaker 8: Good drum?
Speaker 4: Oh you thought it was easy, did your brit Well, I think Nicole's gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Melissa, Sorry, that's not right.
Speaker 4: Nicole.
Speaker 2: By default you get it.
Speaker 7: You get to go whoa. And it was really hard to what he was saying, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: I think they said it three times.
Speaker 6: Soasy people very well, not a conventional instrument.
Speaker 4: But triangle, she's done one thousand bucks. Catch goodness, you got that right, because we had not the mechanics of both we're getting it wrong.
Speaker 3: I was shocked because she said triangle about fifty five times.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, this is let's make this easier.
Speaker 6: My fallback was what kind of animal was pepper? I was praying she get it.
Speaker 1: Congrats download the Audible ab today and check out the range of kids titles. A thousand dollars coming your way, but you're also getting a twelve month subscription to Audible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Wow, awesome. My daughter's betting bracest today, so.
Speaker 1: I'll go a long way so that money's gone straight away.
Speaker 5: Oh no, here, I was thinking something in Black Friday. But no, braces are very important. I don't do braces either. No braces are just full price all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Well that's it from us, is it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No next?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no off Jesus great.
Speaker 4: Started the show. Actually, no, do you know what? Look coming up?
Speaker 5: There is something I wanted to share with you guys, please Molly Marley starts school next year and the daughter. Yeah, my daughter, she's five, she's starting school next year, and something really really special happened last night and I want to share.
Speaker 4: With you guys.
Speaker 6: All right, that's next on the pickup.
Speaker 5: Now, you guys might remember, and I know you two know, but I've spoken a little bit about how Marley starts school next year and she's only five years old, but she's so excited. And part of getting prepared for school these days is that from daycare they do like a graduation. Now it's a really big thing when you finish up in daycare and then you make that transition into school. And so Marley is learning these really sweet graduation songs.
Speaker 4: And you know the Greatest Showman, what is it?
Speaker 6: What song?
Speaker 4: A Million Dreams? Oh, that's a beautiful So it's a beautiful song.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The Pink in that as well, is she Pink sings a Million Dreams.
Speaker 4: I can tell you're looking for it right now. So she sings this.
Speaker 5: So a very ambitious song for a barely five years old, but this is their graduation song. And Marley shares a bedroom with her little sister, Lola, who's three, and they share a bunk bed, Lola's and the bottom, Marley's on the top. And the other night, it was like nine pm at night, and she had been awake talking to herself, reading books, doing bits and pieces, and I could hear her from downstairs, and she was singing.
Speaker 4: And I was about to go up and be like good bed.
Speaker 5: And then I got to the doorway and I was like, oh, she's singing her graduation song.
Speaker 4: So of course I recorded it. But I walked into the bedroom.
Speaker 3: Of course I secretly sat out honey dropped and recorded it.
Speaker 6: Honey, gorgeous singing to this microphone.
Speaker 9: Seven.
Speaker 5: She was sitting in her bed, singing a million dreams, wearing her school uniform. She'd put her school uniform that she gets to wear next year on over the top of her pajamas. I'm a little listen.
Speaker 10: Because Vynne the Bradys Colors firm Amian dreams keeping me away so cute. God's a while coffee of Virgin one Icy, A.
Speaker 11: Million dreams is all it's gonna teest cry Laura.
Speaker 6: However, now what time of the night was.
Speaker 3: Always is not great, I know, but I don't think it's worth crying about.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not crying because I know she did a good job.
Speaker 5: It's just really sweet, Like I just like I can't believe I'm there, that I'm already my little baby. That feels like it literally feels like a year ago or two years ago that I took a p home from the hospital, and I can't believe that she starts school next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can only imagine Laura to also think that she's in bed with these emotions. It's a big feeling for a mum because when kids are kids like babies, like they're not really having their own thoughts and emotions and feelings, right, they're just eating the next rusk stick. But now she's at a stage where she can understand that she's transitioning. It's a big period. The lyrics of the song means something like it's huge.
Speaker 4: It really is.
Speaker 5: And I think also when you and it sounds so silly and I know I'm crying, but like when you think about the lyrics of the song, and she's like a million dreams for the world Baker to make like they.
Speaker 6: I don't think she understands.
Speaker 2: She doesn't get cigh it changed.
Speaker 4: These are the future.
Speaker 5: And yeah, there was something really really sweet and innocent about it.
Speaker 4: Now I feel really dumb.
Speaker 5: Think about what I'm going to be like when I drop her over the school gate on thirst day.
Speaker 2: I reckon, you'll be happy.
Speaker 3: I don't mean that in a bad way, but like, she's so independent, and you know that you've raised a child that is I don't want to say it doesn't need you, but I know you get upset because you say she runs off and doesn't look back. But I think that's the child you want, the child that feels safe enough to be able to be like, I'm ready and I don't need you to hold my hand every second.
Speaker 5: I speaking of independence, I did try and sing along for a bit.
Speaker 2: God, nice, bad.
Speaker 4: Did you get this is my performance?
Speaker 6: Army.
Speaker 3: You're not taking you are not taking my style.
Speaker 5: I know there's lots of mums out there who are gonna have kids starting school next year, kids.
Speaker 6: And those moms Collars feel it's a big moment. Shut up because I don't have kids.
Speaker 4: Let me contribute.
Speaker 6: Where was the other kid, Lolla in all this?
Speaker 4: She slept through it all? Absolutely true.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen weeks.
Speaker 1: I care about that one, Oh don't I That was me being you. I care about Lola, A lot favorites, love.
Speaker 2: I reckon will and would you care about them?
Speaker 6: I actually don't think I don't. A good segue then, mate.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's it from us, guys. Will and Woody will be driving you home. I loved and Willie are driving you home.
Speaker 6: All right, We'll see tomorrow, guys. See yea there, guys,