Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestrid Islander peoples today. Hello, and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts.
Speaker 2: This is the podcast for ordinary.
Speaker 1: People who want to do extraordinary things. Jealousy and being spiteful towards someone is basically like drinking poison and hoping they die. Hello, welcome back to the Rise and Conker Podcast. It is your host Georgie Stevenson, and today are our fun Friday EPs where you send in your life dilemmas and myself and I Tea provide our very unqualified two cents on the situation. So, guys, today we are chatting what do you do if your boyfriend does not have the same passion and drive when it comes to Korea. Such a good question, you know, I had some tips on that. The next question was all about what to do when someone you know is getting promotions and achieving things and they don't deserve it. Yeah, that's an interesting one. And then the last one we just chat about limiting beliefs with finding a boyfriend. Now what that looks like. So this is a really fun Friday EP before we get into it a tear.
Speaker 2: What is your weekly recommendation?
Speaker 3: Ooh oh Season three of Never Have I Ever on Netflix. Oh, yeah, it's great. It's funny. It's a lot of secondhand embarrassment, but I absolutely loved it and it just makes me laugh. Like it's a good, lighthearted watch when you just want something funny that you don't have to think too much about.
Speaker 1: Yes, love, I loved the first season. I've got to catch up with that. Yeah, it's a very good show. Amazing good wreck. My recommendation, I don't have any media recommendations just because I've been moving a week. But something I did it was actually the other week and I've heard it on tiktoks and various podcasts of writing a hundred things you want to manifest? Wow, So I like, I only ever focus on like a couple of things because it's just I feel like I can't get my energy around.
Speaker 3: That many things out. Yes, yeah, if.
Speaker 1: Someone said, write down a hundred things you want to manifest. They can be big, small, they can be now, they can be in twenty years. It doesn't matter because it just like expands you to think about more of what you want to bring in and what you want to call in. And I did that for the first time the other day, and oh my god, it was actually like quite difficult.
Speaker 3: Like I was gonna say, I don't even think I have a hundred things I want.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't think so, but I ended up.
Speaker 4: Just like like writing, once you get started though, in all aspects of your life and like I just want on tangents Like I was like, I want a private chef.
Speaker 2: I want this, I want a private chef.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you've got to really think big. And it's like it was really cool. It was such an expander for me, and it was something that I'm like, oh, I'm going to do this yearly just to like I don't know, open my mind and like get past the ceiling.
Speaker 3: If it makes sense, I will be doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was really fun, like put some good music on, light a candle and being like I'm gonna, you know, what is one hundred things I.
Speaker 5: Want to manifest it's really exciting and that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my recommendation for the week. All right, guys, let's get into the episode.
Speaker 3: Our first question. Dear g, I've been with my boyfriend for over two years now, and we are very much in love. He is the sweetest person and very caring. However, I'm worried that we just don't have the same passion and drive when it comes to our careers. I'm very ambitious and I'm constantly wanting to up level and grow, which he is not. He pretty much just works casually at the moment, which doesn't bother me too much as I work full time, but he doesn't seem to be striving for anything more, which does concern me. He is a beautiful human and I definitely thought he was my person until this. I'm just not sure what to do or how to broach this topic. Sos Oh, I know I love absolutely too well.
Speaker 1: I guess like I can resonate with this question with Tim. Obviously not too not that I like, just to the point of we are very different in regards to Korea, Yeah, and passions. I'm obviously very very career orientated. If you haven't noticed, very passionate about what I do, whereas Tim, you know, he was a carpenter. He then came and joined Naked Harvest when we grew and he was downstairs managing the warehouse. And then recently we had Ivy and Tim is a full time stay at home dad, so he's very different career wise. I don't know, Like I personally love how different we are, and sometimes, to be completely honest with you, I don't think there would be room for him to also have the same passion and career that I have. Like I'm just gonna be very honest with you and say that I don't think you're supposed to admit that, And I have actually thought about this, and I just I don't think.
Speaker 2: I just don't know if there would be enough room because of the.
Speaker 1: Time requirements and the pressure it puts on our relationship with just me, so like for us, it works really beautiful. And also I don't know what I would do if he wasn't looking after Ivy because we would have to have like a full time nanny, which is so fun and I know a lot of people do it, but I personally am just obsessed that he looks after his daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really.
Speaker 1: Special and I just I'm obsessed with it and so I don't know. I love how different he is to me. And we've even spoken about I think in the future he will find, you know, whether it's a career or a hobby or something like, he's going to find a passion is going to take more of a front seat where I will have to take a bit of a back seat and go, Look, we've done Georgie for the last ten years or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's time to do Tim.
Speaker 1: And we've spoken about that, like, we've had that conversation, and I think that is, you know, a reality, and I'm excited for him for that. But at the moment, we're doing you know, this for us, and I couldn't be you know, more happy with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tryally get what you mean. I don't know if it's a limiting belief of mine, but you've said it too, in the sense that I feel like, can you have two crazy career ambition people filled with passion for their career and wanting to be like top of their game, actually have a good relationship together and have the time to make it work and like have kids too, Because I feel like if it was just the two people and you're both very well off in your careers and growing and that sort of stuff. But there aren't kids in the equation. It's a lot easier.
Speaker 2: I think you can, Like, of course you could.
Speaker 1: I think it would just be more difficult, yeah, because it would be. When I worked in family law, I remember there was a lawyer and she was a boss ass beach and she was like a partner and she was I think she wasn't even thirty and she was a partner, wow, and she was killing it, like her billables holy shit, Like she was billing like eight hundred grand a year, ridiculous for hours. And she had two kids, one was like one or two, and then she had a six month old. And then her partner was a huge high up bank person. I don't know his title, bank bro, like I don't know investment baker or you know, someone a bank bro who was also highly regarded in his field and doing it. And so I saw them like they would come into work together in the city. I used to see her like I think there was a childcare within where we worked in one of the other levels, yea, because I always saw her with her baby. And then I think she dropped him off. Yeah, which is awesome because it's in the same place.
Speaker 2: And then but they made it work. Yeah, they made it work.
Speaker 1: And like I remember speaking to her some of the time and she did say, it's obviously a lot more difficult, but yeah, we made it work. Yeah, so I think you definitely can. I think it depends on the person. Yeah, with this person who's written in though.
Speaker 5: It's obviously very different. They don't have kids.
Speaker 3: They don't have kids. But also, if you were working full time at your law job and Tim just did casual carp carpentry work, would that not get on your nerves a little bit? And did nothing else? Like he wasn't like trying to start a business or and he just like did not have the drive or the passion or like not even passion, but the sense to work more hours.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: If Tim was just like sitting at home and not doing anything and I was having to you know, work and bring in the money, like, of course there might be a conversation. But for example, Tim worked full time for someone else's carpenter, that would never bother.
Speaker 3: Me, No, not at all. But she's said that she's working full time. He's only working casually, but he doesn't. He's not striving for anything more. He's not going, I want to be a full time in this casual position.
Speaker 1: But maybe he does want to be full time. I think she's saying more about his passion and drive for like a career in general. I don't know, I get what she means. But that's the thing is me personally, like that would never you know, tim not being this big career person or anything like that. That never bothered me. It's a good balance. It's a really good balance. And like I said, I think it would just be so.
Speaker 2: Much, it'd be so much.
Speaker 1: But also if you're someone who you do want a partner who has that drive and passion maybe to like you know, thrive off them.
Speaker 3: Like yeah. And even then, sometimes if someone's doing really well in their career, they might just not be at the point where they can sustain in an entire household and what they make and they actually need someone who is also working full time to be able to live. What what if she's not making enough money to be able to pay for him to live as well as her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and I know what you mean.
Speaker 1: I think I definitely think she needs to have a conversation with him and just say, look, you know, do you want to get a full time job? What's happening here? Because also something might be happening with his mental health. Yeah, you know, like check in with him and.
Speaker 3: Just and if you've been dating for two years and you love him and he's a very kind, caring.
Speaker 2: I know, he sounds so sweet.
Speaker 3: I love him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess in conclusion, I personally would not let that bother me ether, because I don't think we all.
Speaker 2: Have to be career driven.
Speaker 5: And like passionate to the point of.
Speaker 2: I don't know, do you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, like personally I have girlfriends who their goal in life is to be a stay at home mum and I fucking love that absolutely.
Speaker 2: Like I would never be like.
Speaker 1: Oh, but you're not, you know, passionate about her career or anythink like that. So I think, I don't know, maybe she needs to know if this really is going to affect her, and I think just have a discussion with.
Speaker 2: Him and see where it goes from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because maybe you're right, maybe there is just something stopping him in his head, or maybe he has a goalie hasn't spoken to her about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that sort of stuff exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's like going back to me and Tim, like we've had that conversation, and Tim's like, yeah, I definitely see myself doing something in the future, but I know for now, like we're doing your thing, We're doing ivy, and I'm so okay to take the back seat and just support you guys.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: I know, I love him all right. Next question.
Speaker 3: Question too, how do you deal with watching someone succeed who doesn't deserve it. I've been listening to you, Georgie for a really long time, and I know you talk about the limiting belief that you have to work hard for money. However, this person is so lazy and the only reason she's getting this job position is due to her family. I feel that having this experience watching someone so ungrateful, not aware of their privilege gaining this position has really shook me. I recently got a new job position I am really proud of. It's not amazing pay or anything fancy, However, I worked really hard to get there, and I guess watching someone get a position that potentially sets them up for life when they've only ever worked a few hours a week, it's really just dampened my spirit. Could you give me your insight on this?
Speaker 5: I think this would be more common than we think.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I feel like everyone has had someone around them that's got something because of nepotism.
Speaker 5: What's nepotism?
Speaker 3: It's so say your dad's a see you? So you get, am I get?
Speaker 2: I get?
Speaker 1: I mean interesting new word.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So first of all, I've got two I've got two insights to this. So I think this is a very normal human emotion and experience because we are definitely taught that, you know, in order to be deserving, we need to work hard. And I personally have a very strong core belief, you know, growing up that you work hard for things and it's very important and that has a lot of your like self worth around it, which, to be honest, I'm like trying to undo a little bit because it's a bit full on. So I think this is very normal and I think it's very okay to feel like this. But in saying it, I just think what comes to mind is that whole because it is It's like, as much is you can say what you want, but I feel like this is a form of jealousy. Would you yes, Yeah, as much as it's like, oh no, like I'm not jealous of the person, like they're just they don't work for what they want, you know, have I would say it's a form of jealousy, which is okay, absolutely, it's a normal human, you know emotion. And I just think jealousy and being spiteful towards someone is basically like drinking poison and hoping they die.
Speaker 2: I love that, do me?
Speaker 1: Like it's having these toxic negative feelings towards this person, but really these feelings are going to hurt no one but you, and they're going to affect no one but you, and I don't know. Something that I've been really trying to And it's also it's so easy to judge people. I feel like it is just so normal and easy to judge people and just be like, oh, they didn't deserve it or you know this and that. And something I've been trying to do this yet is like take judgment out of the photo and out of sorry, the you know story, because I just feel like it doesn't do anything for us. It's not you know, it's not positive in any way. Yeah, and sometimes having these feelings it is just I don't want to say pointless. But it's like, oh, look, I get you know, this person probably doesn't deserve the role and you're working hard. But it's like, don't even worry, don't even look at that person. Look, be in your own lane, worry about yourself, and don't let anyone bother you, because again, it's just like drinking poison and hoping the other person, you know, dies, it's a bit pointless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that on this one. Like I've obviously not, I've learned to not let stuff like this bother me from a very young age because I've seen it often, and I feel like stuff like this, especially when people get stuff because of things because of their parents or because of someone in their family rather than them by themselves, is very frustrating, whether they deserve it or not, because, like in my opinion, there's probably always someone more deserving than the next person to get a role, or to get a job or a position or an award or whatever it is you're after, there's always going to be someone that deserves it more than you do. Whether they were there or not doesn't matter. But at the end of the day, one, I really liked what you said on you can't really judge the person because what if they maybe were in the office for a few hours every day and then went home and worked till midnight. You don't know what they did.
Speaker 1: Even But also going off that you're saying, you know, the go to position that will set them up for life. But it's like, if they cannot perform in that position, they will fail, they will get fired. You can know all the people, but if you're not performing your role within there, within the you know the role description, I just don't see how this then sets the person up for life unless they can, you know, unless the role.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely so I don't know. I like, I get what she's.
Speaker 5: Saying, but sorry, you go on, I interrupted, No, No, that's okay.
Speaker 3: I And the jealousy thing, I feel like people feel really guilty when they get jealous, and you shouldn't because it's normal. It's totally normal. Everybody will look at someone and be like, I want that. Yeah, why would you not want that? It's a nice thing to have. But I think I can't remember if I've read this or if it was a video or something, but it was about this guy that said, oh, if I sat next to someone they were talking about Apple and Apple's marketing and they said, if I sat next to someone at Microsoft and said, oh, I've been given the newest iPhone that's about to come out in three months, I would bet that they would ask me to see it and look at it and go through it and see what the features are and what it looks like. But if I sat next to someone at Apple and said, oh, Samsung or Microsoft's just given me, then you the phone that's coming out in three months, the vibe Apple gives off is that that person would then say, oh, that's great.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because for so long they've only ever competed with themselves. And I think that that's what everybody needs to do a little bit more of, like don't worry about everyone around you, because there is enough space for you to get there too.
Speaker 1: I love that there is enough space for you to get there too, yeah, because I think that's what it is. The jealousy comes up where it's like, but if this person gets to that place, what does it mean for me?
Speaker 2: And it's so true to like, if you.
Speaker 1: Can have if you can have an abundant mindset where you're like, look, that's awesome for them, Maybe you know, maybe the universe is setting them up because they're going to go through something really bad, or you know, like they need a headstart, they need a headstart for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: It's not your problem.
Speaker 1: It's actually nothing to do with you. Yeah, And I think if you can separate yourself from that and not let it worry you is just huge. And like you said, you've been thinking like this from a young age, but it is something you've got to learn because I think it's so normal to feel jealousy, and that's like, let's even talk about jealousy because you had a great point of you know, it's a normal feeling. But can we like normalize jealousy in the way of it being quite positive, like oh my god, a tear. I need those fendy slides, like I'm jealous in the way of oh my god, I want them exactly in a positive way and like like sitting in a room sending me messages. Yeah, I think because also when you see someone and I guess this person probably doesn't want that because you can see she has the ethic where she's like I want to work hard for that position, which I resonate with. But I think it's like It's fine to feel like that and also just be like, oh, look good for her.
Speaker 2: She needed the head start. I don't. Yeah, you know, and she saying like oh good for her, or good like.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to work for what I want to achieve and be really proud of it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I think accept the jealousy and then move on because once you've accepted like, oh I'm jealous of her, Oh good, that means I want that too.
Speaker 1: That's all jealousy means is you want if it may not be like that very specific thing, but there's something around that thing that you want. And yeah, when you can acknowledge it and be like, oh, that's really interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's really interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be observant and aware of it, but I'm not going to let it affect me on my day.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Next question. I'm twenty two and have just finished my degree. Congratulations woooo. I'm currently doing an internship in America and am starting my master's degree next month when I fil I have plans to travel and work abroad before moving somewhere new in the UK to start my dream career. I feel like I've been manifesting my dream boyfriend for years, I've had situationships, but nothing like I imagine for myself. I've realized about twenty minutes ago and came straight here. I love that that maybe with all of my plans that I've had in place, I've been blocking myself from this because unknowingly, I've been holding a belief that I cannot have my independence and follow this plan if I get into a relationship. It feels like a big realization that this may be the block, But I don't know what to do next. I'm struggling with surrendering and just letting the universe do its thing. Please help.
Speaker 1: She's just realizing limiting beliefs left right and center.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that for her.
Speaker 1: So this is Yeah, this is exciting, and I love that She's like, I've had this realization and I've come straight over to the body DMS.
Speaker 5: This is really exciting, Yes, because I love it.
Speaker 1: The first thing to a limiting belief is having awareness over it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Once you have awareness, it honestly has no grip on you anymore.
Speaker 3: No, because you can kind of just like flick it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or just work through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So girl, this is really exciting and one hundred percent this is a limiting belief around having a boyfriend and traveling and freedom, because society tells you that when you get a boyfriend, you must settle down, settle down and stay on one spot and not have any fun and make babies and make a lot of babies.
Speaker 2: Oh I did all those things. Society got me good.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's about reworking your beliefs around this and going, you know what, I can have a relationship where there is freedom and there is love and he's doing his thing or she's doing his thing.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, she's doing her thing and.
Speaker 1: I'm doing my thing, you know yeah, And I think that's really exciting, that's really beautiful. I actually have a friend and she's a fellow and STI gal and she was telling me that she you know, she hasn't I think she's close to like twenty five is. She's never had a boyfriend, just situationships. And she lives in Sydney. He lives in Brisbane, and she's like, it's amazing. She's a flight attendant, so you know, she goes there and they see each other and he comes to her and she's like, it's amazing. We're making it work and it's so different to you know, any other relationship or what I thought. But we're making it work and I'm like, you know, so happy and stuff. So I think it's about being like, you know what, I get to create the relationship that feels good to me that you know, ticks all my boxes and that's that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you feel? I feel like either option is great and once you come to terms with that, then he'll come or he won't and that's fine.
Speaker 2: M Well, that's what that's what true surrender is.
Speaker 3: I guess. Yeah, you just sort of have to. And twenty two is not that old. No, So even if you don't have a boyfriend till after you get to the UK, that's not a big deal. If you have a really great boyfriend that you meet somewhere, you might end up staying there and never going back to the UK. You have absolutely no idea what'll happen over the next few years. Just enjoy it and let things come to you rather than worrying about Obviously, it's great to have a plan and goals and that sort of stuff, but don't worry so much that person will never come, because they absolutely will.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that, and it's kind of like lock in that your person will find you and the right time at the right time, and it's going to be perfect for you, guys. And once you've locked that in, like you're good, Go have fun, go live your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so young, take me back to when I was twenty two, is like, can't relate.
Speaker 5: Amazing, I'm so excited for this person.
Speaker 3: Me too.
Speaker 1: And she also said, ps, I love you guys as a duo. I listened to at least for episodes a day. Oh, we love you, We love you, no name. All right, guys, that is the end of geez Hotline. I hope you enjoyed it and we will chat to you guys soon. Bite thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, A review on Apple podcasts would be great.