Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Christian moo Mbow is a great car game, especially with country driving, winding down the window and yelling moo to cows and counting how many cows look up?
Speaker 3: Do any look up? Do any of them look up?
Speaker 2: Christian number plate sentence group words using the letter on the number plates as well. All right, so listen, we're about to do five Top Tuesday. Before we get into five Topic Tuesday. This reckless show only has another nine more shows with you next Friday. I know it's ridiculous. I'm embarrassed to say this. I can't believe we're finishing on December the sixth. It's offensive. These two do not feel the same way.
Speaker 3: They want to start. They want to stop talking.
Speaker 2: Whenever I mentioned this on on off air that I used to work routinely for the last twenty odd years until December the twenty second, they're like, stop saying it.
Speaker 4: I don't know who made up the rule that radio just go in time with school holidays, but it's always been that way, and I just don't want to jink it.
Speaker 2: Don't rock them up, pon me, Okay, all right, so we do finish next Friday, last week of the show. We want to see you guys. So I thought it'd be great to show one of our favorite Christmas movies. In fact, is my best Christmas movie. I love Elf. So we're all gonna watch Elf next Tuesday night. It's at the Palace Cinema. So thanks to Palace Cinemas, give the gift or cinema with a Palace gift card. We're going to be the next Tuesday night the Palace Como five thirty pm. Get this prosecco and Canna pays and then a half six of movie will begin.
Speaker 5: Have we giving away?
Speaker 3: There's only twenty seats left?
Speaker 6: Really, have you put in I'm not.
Speaker 2: The kids want to come home? Paikin, hang on, you're not. Normally it takes out a row with the Christy Swan of the show. Sorry, that person must remain nameless. All right, so we're doing five till bit Tuesday. Here are the five topics. Five phoning's at the same time up first this morning. Then mum meltdowns. You've got any great stories about your mum having an epic mum meltdown? My wife had one on Friday, night when we've been out together to the pay for Something week came out the kids A left permanent marker on her beloved kitchen tops as he had I actually had to put in the bed. Come run a bath, please, I will.
Speaker 3: Deal with this. Go and have it walk, breathe.
Speaker 6: Or caution tape around the kitchen so no one can enter.
Speaker 3: Industrial language was used.
Speaker 2: Now Jack Post is currently spying on his own dog using the latest technology, a remote camera with a built in microphone, trying to catch his giant snaggletooth dog on the kitchen top snaffling for food basically, and.
Speaker 4: Now I've got footage other actually on the bench top. What I need to do next is catch her in the act so I can speak through the camera and go, Luna, get down off the bench.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd love to hear stories about when you've tried to do it, Jack to it which has basically been a spy spinal things. You might done this as well with the built in microphones or home security monitoring you can get now with these cameras that we've all got around our house, we have them in our cars as well. Or you've tried to spy on somebody, I've been a spy. What stories have you got on that last week? Great stories about Nan and granddad's claim to fames today? And that's narrow it down now to just the humble dad. What is your dad's claim to fame? Awful story emerging in Australia. But a guy who took us sicki and took his son to go and watch the Wiggles.
Speaker 3: Another one, somebody else.
Speaker 2: At his work saw a photo of him from his Instagram showed their boss. They got five a couple of weeks before Christmas. It took it sicky to take his sun and go see the Wiggles. You took a sicki and what did you do? Okay, you took a sicki and what did you do? You can call him anonymously if you want. And finally, some morning, the fifth and final one on five to but Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Have you love this?
Speaker 2: We may get only one call, if any, but if just one call comes in today? Have you ever been yelled at by someone famous? I really hope Maybe it's not today, Maybe it might be six months down the line from late late late to the party. Someone finally gives us a story about being yelled at by someone famous. So those are your five topics mum meltdowns. I've been a spy? What's your dad's claim to fame? You took a sicki? And what did you do? And have you ever been yelled at by someone famous?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three five tobit Tuesday.
Speaker 2: You can when you're way to come and watch the amazing Christmas movie Elf with us next Tuesday night at the Palace Como with your stories Today we're looking for stories about mum meltdowns. Have you ever been a spy trying to spy on somebody or something? Your dad's claim to fame? You took a sicki? And what did you actually do? And have you ever been yelled at by someone famous? That's the topics today No. Four one four, one oh four three First and sawning. We got Emma.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Emma, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good Emma? So thanks for calling. Five topic Tuesday. What have you got for us?
Speaker 8: We've got the taking a sicki?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what did you actually do?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 8: It's my dad and back in the day him and a mate decided that they would take a sick day to go to the Test match at the g So they went along with their eski already for a big day and it was rained out. What they did was they decided that they'd just sit around and finish what they had brought along with them. And it turned out a photographer actually got a picture of them and published it in the sun and they got caught.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh dear, oh dear, got redhanded and red stubby as well, all of it.
Speaker 6: That's if it's rained out, you could just sit around all that.
Speaker 3: Getting drunk. Yeah, apparently, So that's a great one. Emma, thank you very much and cool, have a good day.
Speaker 8: Thank you you.
Speaker 3: Doe's a bratt. Good morning, Brett.
Speaker 9: Christians ringing for a spying story.
Speaker 3: Ah, yes, what's your story, Brett.
Speaker 9: My grandfather during World War two was caught having an affair and he talked each way out of it with my grandmother boy saying that she was a spy and he had to interrogate her.
Speaker 3: Wow. Some incredible Yeah, that old chestnut, Brett. Thank you granddad. The war ended years ago. It's twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: If they your care home will not put up with us anymore. Jesus, you can't keep interrogating her after fifty years.
Speaker 3: Brett. That's a great one. Thank you mate. Let's go to thank you. Melissa. Good morning, Good morning, how are you? I'm good, Melissa. What's your five topic for us today?
Speaker 10: For my one is I got yelled at by celebrity. I've got yelled at by George Colin Barris.
Speaker 3: This is a great one.
Speaker 2: One another three George Connamaris won the Masterschef.
Speaker 3: Why would George Connormaris be yelling at you?
Speaker 10: Was that the Food and Wine style in Melbourne and he was giving a demonstration on how to make the perfect rosotto and I was a bit disinterested. So I was having a good old chat to my friend next to me, and he told me that I really needed to be quiet immediately or.
Speaker 6: Leave wow talking in class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one thing when people heck all stand up comedians, but a chef making a rosotto and someone a little bit disinterested about the rosotto.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 10: It was quite embarrassing because everyone was giving me a story.
Speaker 2: I think it's a clean to fame. I think that's a very fain all about. Why did he yell.
Speaker 3: At you about a rosotto? You won't showing.
Speaker 2: I think he was showing just the right amount of interest in a rosotto. Melissa. That's great, we'll give you tickets. Come and watch ELF with us next Tuesday night.
Speaker 10: That would be wonderful.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian O'Connell. Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one of four point three.
Speaker 2: A few people are correcting you, Jack, this show and that we're not alone, right, every single breakfast show whoever you fickure around.
Speaker 3: And listen to.
Speaker 2: We all finish next Friday. I know, I feel embarrassed. It's barely a job anyway, stealing and living. But next Friday it's the sixth of December. I've never finished a year of radio that, Earnie. However, Jack thought it was the same when the schools broke up, and even I'm thinking, my kids don't finish then?
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 4: I always thought our radio holidays went in time with the school holidays.
Speaker 6: But you're right they do mostly though no, come on, they do. But when the schools break up, not six of.
Speaker 3: The You know what Adi does she finishes Friday week? Does she really?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: She does a racfor show, doesn't she? In the morning she does before we.
Speaker 3: Go to school.
Speaker 6: You know, am did her school have did you have this?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: The last two weeks of school is just a complete muck around.
Speaker 3: And you you could bring in board games? Was bringing board games?
Speaker 2: She never brought in one of the better ones in case there was that rough in your class, you know, whose parents had no control to break it. Don't bring in caplunk or anything nice, just bringing their one of the rougher ones you've got. We used to do that, bring in boarder games. We should do it for the last show next week.
Speaker 4: Ago bringing board gains, there was a clean the school day. Is there one of the days on our last.
Speaker 3: Right, which is mainly just empty and all the teacher's booms bottles from the start from all right?
Speaker 2: So anyway, next Tuesday night we wanted to see you before we finished for the year. We're all going to watch the great Christmas movie Elf together at the Palace Como and you can be there with your stories this morning on five to its Tuesday. Here's what we're looking for if you've got anything with these. As always it's five phone in is running every Tuesday. You can handle this. I don't think we get anything on this. We have had one great call so far. Have you been yelled at by someone famous? George Colin Marris yelling at one of our listeners for not paying enough attention during a Rossotto demonstration at a food fair.
Speaker 3: Order that story gold Gold does anything to.
Speaker 6: Learn to cook? Such a boring run the rosotta.
Speaker 3: A steak or a great curry or anything but Rossotto?
Speaker 2: So have you ever been yelled at by someone famous? You took a s key?
Speaker 3: And what did you actually go and do? Your dad's claim to fame? How's your dad going to claim to fame?
Speaker 2: Jack is currently spying live during the show on his dog in the kitchen, trying to catch her in the act with his spy camp on the top of their kitchen surfaces so we can yell at the dog to stop doing it. How have you ever been a spy? And mum meltdowns? Anything for those? When's your tickets to come and see Elf with us next Tuesday night? I think there's only about fourteen tickets left. Nine four one oh four three Kerry Coome onning Good Morning Christians.
Speaker 7: Back in the eighties, I used to be a spy.
Speaker 3: So who for the government?
Speaker 7: No, No, it was an investigation company and we worked processing insurance claims for the insurance companies.
Speaker 2: Now, this would have been a lot harder to be a spy then, because nowadays with all these the high technology that Jack is live streaming is is kitchen right now. You can do that from our phones and these miniature cameras. But how did you do that back in the eighties?
Speaker 7: This was from on super eight film camera.
Speaker 2: You're not exactly conspicuous on that, you know.
Speaker 7: There was a lot of channel vans being used from behind curtains.
Speaker 3: Oh way, how many?
Speaker 7: Yeah? It was so exciting. My job wasn't actually to be the spy. I was a girl Friday as they were called, and I would go into court and actually set up the projector to show the film footage if it was required, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, chain bond is it, you know, licensed to do the av and know where the scars socker is?
Speaker 3: Got h g M I five here?
Speaker 6: Anyone are we hearing sound? What's this audio?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 7: Seen that?
Speaker 6: Now we're hearing it but not seeing it.
Speaker 3: I am a spies it backup hout.
Speaker 7: Desk sometimes that I was used to go and knock on doors to make sure somebody was home before the operator would set up outside beer house again.
Speaker 3: A great way to be a spy. Fill me.
Speaker 2: I didn't know there was so much involved in being a spy. Spect She never saw him Chasingbourne, even him knocking on the door.
Speaker 3: Is it? I know you?
Speaker 2: All right, Kerry, we've got to give you tickets. Come down then, super Spy to help with us next week.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll look forward to it. You can outset up the.
Speaker 2: Projector as well with your super breakdown anyway, all right, Kerry, good on, you're seeing next Tuesday night. Let's good to Laura. What a funny call that.
Speaker 3: Was, Laura. Give us a call.
Speaker 2: Laura's on the line right now, Laura, which sorry are you calling in about question?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Your mum melt down?
Speaker 9: Yes, okay, what happens?
Speaker 3: What did your mum do?
Speaker 5: Actually was the mom that had to melt down? I warned about seven to eight months, very heavily pregn and.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Laura, we're gonna have to try and call you back. We will call you back. I don't know it's a rain or anything. Do you mean people used to say that you believe that the rain sound out my mum? Then it's the rain. It's in a way of the voice.
Speaker 6: I will call you back when it's sunny, people.
Speaker 3: Won't be going to hear its. Right now, it's the rain. The grass needs it.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's God one O four point three.
Speaker 2: You're doing five to be Tuesday. Let's take some more of your calls this morning, Sue, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good s? Thanks for going five to but Tuesday? Which what are you calling in about?
Speaker 5: My father's claim to find?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what's her dad's claim to fame?
Speaker 5: He made the skipping girl, the Vinegars skipping girl that knew you, the Leon sign.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Audrey, her name is, Yes, he made that. So what was it like a sign maker?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and a neon glass blower.
Speaker 3: The neon glass blower. Oh cool for that?
Speaker 7: Yes, very cool.
Speaker 2: Right, that's quite a big Melbourne claim to fame. That is that he actually made that.
Speaker 7: Yes, she did.
Speaker 5: He works for the company who made it, so he actually made it.
Speaker 6: And is it the original one that's up there?
Speaker 5: And now no, that was repaired by somebody else. My brother tried to sign up for that repair because he also does the praid. But gad did the original.
Speaker 2: The fact that your brother tried to chip in to keep the family tradition going like it was some kind.
Speaker 6: Of talent contest and had to sign up for her.
Speaker 3: Midday we'll start blowing.
Speaker 6: That's great, Sue.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that.
Speaker 2: Is awesome, such an iconic part of Melbourne Skyline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you want to come down watch Elf with us next Tuesday night? That palace como?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 3: Lovely, We'll see you then, Sue. Have a good day by Warren. Good morning, Good Christian.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: This could be the second person and who has been yelled at by someone famous.
Speaker 3: Off you go, Warrem yelled at.
Speaker 11: By Kirk Douglas, so burning his mouth with hot coffee.
Speaker 3: I am Spartacus. This is amazing. So tell us the scene.
Speaker 2: How do you get to be serving the Greek Kirk Douglas coffee?
Speaker 11: When he was out here filming the Man from Snowy River. I managed an indoor tennis complex and he and a friend came and hired the center for them to play tennis, which they did. Afterwards, I served them coffee. He picked up the cop had the cup almost immediately drank it and yelled goddamn man, what are you trying to do? Burn my tannel out.
Speaker 5: To drink hot?
Speaker 11: Your coffee hot? So I had to make him another one that was drinkable.
Speaker 3: What an honor?
Speaker 2: What an honor one of Hollywood's great icons to be yelled at by Kirk Douglas like that as well a proper spray correct. Oh, that is fantastic, Warren. That's very very funny, Warren. Do you want to come and see Elf with us next week?
Speaker 11: Unfortunately I can't. Christian, I play Night and Balls. I'll give them.
Speaker 3: Playing night balls, come and hang out with us.
Speaker 6: Good luck with balls?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, we feel so special. I mean a favorite record show. No, I think we're going to watch out Warren. Maybe next time. Warren, and you're not washing your hair, so that's playing balls.
Speaker 11: But I'd love one of your mugs.
Speaker 3: Okay, have me to have my mug.
Speaker 2: Pick your price, you can have you can have a mug, you can have whatever you want for story.
Speaker 3: That good one, okay, Good luck with the balls next week.
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 11: Love your show, listen to it every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah whatever, I just don't want to see you on a Tuesday. I ever, Thank you very much. Do you remember last year, we'll be doing this.
Speaker 2: And the show had only been going a couple of months and we asked some woman and she was really a really funny coller. She was a horse vetter, I believe, and I said, hey, do you want to come and watch her? I think we're going to watch Anchorman and she went, I can't and she was washing the horses hair.
Speaker 6: I'm going to be coming the horses hair on Friday night.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it. She could watch Anchorman with us.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three