Speaker 1: It is their Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch right around Australia. Welcome high rushing to Chemists Warehouse. This Father's day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices chemist ware House, Great savings every day. We were talking about this show when it was announced it his back on Channel ten, Thank God You're here. It is continuing tonight seven point thirty. Such a funny show, big Aussie comedian feature.
Speaker 2: Love it. I was obsessed with it when it originally aired and the fact that they brought it back is brilliant.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. Tonight joining the lineup. We've had him on the show before. Comedian actor the one and only Ross Noble is here. Hello, Ross, Welcome to the pick Up. Hello, welcome back. Hey, how you feeling. I feel like we've had you on the show before. Ross, you are a hilarious comedian. You handle Heckler's really well when you're up on stage. So this improvised environment on Thank God You're here, I feel like.
Speaker 2: It's built for you. Oh like I was exactly like I did the Shore back when it was like fifteen years ago, and people have been seeing to me of us what's the most fun, Like, what's the like of all the TV shows, what's the one that you have the most for? And I've always said, thank god here, so I jumped at the chance. So yeah, it's great. We've get to play dress ups and there's a load of people in a room that are living in a world and you just get to join in.
Speaker 1: I once read that you said that preparing you for your shows was like writing four words down on a piece of paper. So I think that this is the environment that you thrive in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, weirdly, that's sort of rather than writing forwards on a piece of paper and then going right, that's what the show is going to be, tomorre like you go on and then you like, when you come off, you go, that was a good idea, I was, that was the thing. I'll write those four things down and then out of those four things the next night you go on stage and think, oh, yeah, those things I came up with last night, one of which you'll remember what it was. The other three or just random things that you have no recollection of. Sad thing, but yeah, no, it's great. I think what people forget about that show as well is you know they focus on the They focused on the comics, on the guests that are coming on and doing it ross. What are you think in the worst moment you've experienced the stand up comedy is There was a woman sat down the front and she wasn't looking at me, and she had her head down. She was looking away and I said to her, and she was quite an attractive woman, and I shouldn't have mentioned. I should have said, I said, why are you looking at when every time I talked to her she wouldn't look at me in the face. And I said, look, I said, what's going on? Did you you'd stop hiding your face with me? You're a very attractive woman. And a friend went and she as this woman looked up at me, a friend went, what about me? I thought that really odd that a friend would say what about me? Trying to take the trying to steal the glory off her friend. But I realized why she did it was because the friend looked up and where I should have been like I should have like literally her eye was literally just skin going across there, and I just went, you're a very No way, it gets worse, I said, why are you shying away? You're a very attractive woman, and our friend went, oh shit, I need to get this back onto me. She goes, what about me? And I actually said to her, as this woman looked at me, I went, not a patch on her, literally, like the worst possible thing. But the trouble is it was such a perfect punchline that both of them started laughing. These two women laughed, but the rest of the audience, who thought that I'd said it on purpose, the rest of the audience are going, you are the worst human being on the face of the planet, whilst these two girls were rolling around laughing because they knew I hadn't done it on purpose. So yeah, if you want, there's the answer.
Speaker 1: So what I'm taking from this is maybe you should scripture jokes. Yeah that is God. Well, you can get more of Ross tonight. It's going to be completely improvised, completely.
Speaker 2: There will be nothing absolutely horrible as pretend.
Speaker 1: Just last thank god. Here, Yeah it's tonight.
Speaker 2: Black's on as well. Here, mish they you know, so is it a competition or.
Speaker 1: I think there is a trophy Ross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a competition. It's a competition. You need to go for gold. Okay, thanks, all right.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty tonight Channel ten. I thank god you here is back with Ross Noble Hamish Blake. Thanks for coming on, rass Chatson Worri's mate, what a legend is funny?
Speaker 2: Imagine when you've just said that, No, brilliant all right?
Speaker 1: Next on the show, we've all been in that situation where we've been sat next to a child on an aeroplane, or there's been a screaming baby on the flight. It's usually mine, Laura, more than ever. I was about to say very you, Laura. However, that could soon be a thing of the past. I'll tell you why next on the Pickup