Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: He moved on my shark, Kris, you're listening to Cool People FM.
Speaker 3: We're back. We're more tupperware.
Speaker 1: Go nowhere falls the Christian O'Connell Show. Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Go see Maverick. Jack and I are still grinning from what we saw last night, which is a new Top Gun movie. We are not in any way paid any kind of official promotion we're doing with that movie. It was already one of you as even texted who was there. We gave away tickets to go and see the new Top Gun movie, Mavery, which comes out next Thursday, I think, and it's an incredible movie. I loved it.
Speaker 2: Every day we spend ten to fifteen minutes before six o'clock going through the show and what we might talk about today. We've only spoken about our favorite part of Top Gun.
Speaker 3: Mavery, and I think a lot of listeners we just need to pause one and going wait. They even spend ten to fifteen minutes, I don't hear any of that kind of craft, which if people are going to be impressed like you do that for us, you will at least give it ten to fifteen.
Speaker 2: Minutes, since you set your alarm ten to fifteen minutes earlier than you would have.
Speaker 3: So you want to do fine about an entire three hour, one hundred and eighty minute radio show, five days a week. But yeah, we've just been swapping notes about Top Gun matter.
Speaker 2: We haven't talked about anything else this morning. It was so good. Wow, And that's coming from somebody who did not like the original.
Speaker 3: Remember, yeah, because if you go back and see it fresh now, it's not going to stand up as a movie. And it's not. It's not really a movie. It's a sum of like MTV scenes, isn't it. You remember the scenes like the dog fights and then the volleyball scene, but it's not overall as a movie. It doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Very cheesy.
Speaker 3: It's eighties. If you had to sum up what the eighties is more than any of the movie, you'd say, go and watch Top Gun. It's completely over the top, big noisy movie, an amazing soundtrack as well. It's more of a vibe. Top Gun. The original movie is more of a vibe. Isn't a movie but top Gum Maverick. This is a pupper movie, blockbuster movie. Yeah, it reminded me why you go to the cinema. When we were all coming out, there must have been a couple of hundred people in that big old Heyts yesterday. Everyone was buzzing and talking about it and all just sort of go wow, oh my god, and it was almost like we were surprised. It was really good because going back to a movie from nineteen eighty six to do a sequel, especially for top going and going, really, what can you do with a movie that was as flimsy as anything.
Speaker 2: It had every chance to be lame and it wasn't. It was It was a great blockbuster film. And whilst singing there, I thought, there's not there's no movies like this anymore. There's big superhero movies, but is there a that's a blockbuster, stand alone blockbuster anymore? And this is it. I hope people go back in droves to the Sinia to see this.
Speaker 3: Go and see it at the cinema on the biggest screen you can. And I'm not just talking about because the aerial sort of cinematograph for it is incredible and there's hardly any CGI in it. I was so excited about yesterday when I got back. First thing I googled was how fast is MAC ten? Because that's got to be fast. You don't guess how fast MAC ten is?
Speaker 2: Well, it's super sonic, so you break the speed of sound. Yep, I don't know one thousand kilometers in our.
Speaker 3: Thanks for playing long anyway, Radio, don't forget. That's why we didn't speak for ten or fifteen minutes swapping those sixteen thousand, sixteen thousand kilometers an hour, and then I couldn't work out a break. If anyone can break down, what's sixteen thousand kate and hours per second? I gave up trying to google that because they showed me an algorithm. I was like, I'm not doing that. The other thing I want to know is like did they film those action scenes for real? And they did. They all went through flight school for months. The cameras you see in Her they're actually doing those barrel rolls and the g's on them as they're doing there. The last hour of the movie, right, there'll be no spoilers. Nothing we talk about on today's show this week, raving about it the only reason you're going to hear us raving out. We're talking about it every day this week for an hour. Is this a really great movie? You will love, It will cheer you up, It will make you feel something. And one thing I didn't expect to do is I had I think there were two or three moments tears in my eyes. It really makes you feel something. The scene between Val Kilmner, they and Tom Cruise, it isn't a scene it's between Maverick and Iceman. It's between Tom Cruise and Val Kilmner, especially because they're older, they've lived a life. Val Kilmner really has almost lost his voice, but the way they do that between them both is quite It's really incredible. Actually, yeah, it's really really great. The movie company right asks, as they often do with people and I go and see a movie, they always want this one quote right that they can put on the posters. I've got mine. Okay, this movie will take your breath away. Its original great, isn't it, because obviously the song in the originally is take My breath Away, Topka, you know, burning song gone this movie. This movie will take your breath away. Thank you, guys. It's a ten out of ten movie. I think it's brilliant.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Yesterday on the show we started our can we go through the alphabet a foo to Z of famous animals? So if you now have a famous animal, we need it from our A to Z nine four one one four three. All right, Jackie boy, what the ones we got yesterday?
Speaker 2: The list we got so far is air Bud the famous basketball playing dog, Mister Ed famous talking horse, Pickles the dog who found the lost World Cup from the nineteen sixty six England World Cup, Skippy the bush kangaroo, and Zeus, who is one of the dogs of Magnum p I.
Speaker 3: All right. A couple that came in after the show yesterday. Kylie suggested this one. Bubbles Michael Jackson's petch him. Well, that guy's ready to tell his story. I'm buying that book. I'm buying that book. There's a POV we ourgentally read right now. Bubbles my story best seller. I might have rite it anyway, Say no, no, no, I can speak to animals Christian Doolittle instance best seller. So Bubbles, what a Jim Vanzee Michael Jackson's pet. I read about this years ago. Unsinkable Sam. This is a cat that survived three warships that were sunk in World War two.
Speaker 2: Where do you go just swim back to short?
Speaker 3: Do we think the cat was working for the enemy? Is that why you know? Cats will be double agents? A horse warhors, the dogs bomb dogs. You can trust the cat that mysteriously SLINKs off all of those ships. How did the cat know? Who? Do you think was given them the coordinates? Tapping out a Morse code with his little bore?
Speaker 2: Of all the animals as well, a cat would be a big fect.
Speaker 3: Of course, it would also someone wang wang and founi. The pandas that didn't want to do it with each other. They do not want to protect their species too. Those pandas, they do not want to get down to it. I think it's a low energy diet, the bamboo shoot. They've got not enough energy to perform through it.
Speaker 2: From memory, it was every like they have their mating season and every mating season the Adelaide Zoo had to come out and go southly. There will be no cubs again this mating season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had this Edinburgh Zoo. They spent millions Edinburg Zoo to getting these two pandas from on loan. There is on loan, aren't they like footye players on loan? From some Chinese academy somewhere, some mysterious facility. Anyway, they're all loan for two years, and I hope that they would produce a baby and then the zoo and people would flock. And I remember at one point they they for a whole year. They just they would refuse, and there was a they were kept in two separate areas. I thought, if we separate them, absolutely market making hull. And then they built a love tunnel where to a mating season. They hoped he might go. Good. God, I've got the horness something in the air right now. But he didn't go down that love tunnel. What's then? And I'm not making us up? Google it your own will. They played them panda adult movies. I don't know whether we've got some offcuts from like Attenborough, stuff that he can't too hot to handle. They played and panda porn still didn't work.
Speaker 2: I guess it's being on show if people are watching you for some of.
Speaker 3: Us like it Bond performance. I guess uh what I got his someone on text? Someone on text. I've missed the first half of the text. All it says here and the dog continued. It's like a conversation, and the dog continued his daily vigil for nine years until he died in twenty ten. What's the dog by a grave side? Was he by a grave side? Is that a well known one? Who is it? Rio?
Speaker 2: I can't remember the name, but it was a Japanese dog. I believe that kept waiting for his owner. We watched the movie of it?
Speaker 3: What Kujo?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: What was his name? Richard Gearfield Hatchie.
Speaker 3: Instantly forgettable an hour and a half about this story in one ear out the other Fireland. Yeah, definitely, yep, fine, app needs to go on there all right? Whatever the ones have you got? Then?
Speaker 4: Christian Connell's show podcast, some.
Speaker 3: Incredible amals and some incredible stories coming through Wang Wang and Funie the pandas that did not want to make another little panda.
Speaker 2: Wang Wang and Funi were on loan for ten years at a million dollars US a year.
Speaker 3: Do it sounds like one point six one point seven millions for ten years?
Speaker 2: Ten years?
Speaker 3: And they didn't But that also means ten years that neither of them had any nothing for ten years? Wow? What happened to them? One? Epers? If they don't we never hear what happens when they go back to China. Do we once that loan period's over if they don't make a little mate. They're not in a retirement age facility, are there?
Speaker 2: All it says is still to this day, Wang Wang and Funni have not bread.
Speaker 3: Well, they're not going to do it now, are they? All these years when they're really old have passed their so called best? All right, So famous animals, Chris, good morning, Oh, good morning, Chris. Welcome to the show. What animal have you got for us?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 7: I recall a few quite a few years ago, there was a octopus that sort of became the soccer the pusse by getting a whole lot of World Cup championship.
Speaker 3: That's right, predicted a lot of the games to some degree.
Speaker 7: Yes, somehow that was like reaching a tentacle out to the left or out to the right or something like this. I don't know how it did it, but got it right for the whole series, apparently.
Speaker 2: The psychic octopus. Do you remember his name?
Speaker 3: It was Rabio it rabough. It was why would he be poorly? But then why would he be? He's got a nicer into it. Predicting octopus forgettable. We need to find something for this year's World Cup as well. Chris, that's great when Rabbio is going.
Speaker 7: Up, I wouldn't use the pandas for the World I don't think performance for.
Speaker 2: Our million dollars a year as much on that.
Speaker 7: I think that the pander pimp needs the shame.
Speaker 3: The panda pimp. I want to see that movie, Chris, very funny, star cool. Thank you very much. Have a good day.
Speaker 7: Ye're welcome, have a great one, guys.
Speaker 3: Marie, good morning, Christian, Now are you? I'm good Marie? And what animal have you got for our aters that are famous animals this morning?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 8: What about Clyde from Every which Way but Loose?
Speaker 3: God? Is to love those movies with Clint Eastwood? What a strange movie? Well, and it was two or three of them, wasn't there. He was a prize fighter with an assistant who was a flipping great orangutank called Clyde. That's him, and that that was enough for a movie back in the eighties. I loved those movies. I then we all did. I did. It was a catchphrase, the right hand turn, the right hand down Clyde.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: When he went around the corner.
Speaker 3: He used to indicate the indicate wasn't working if you had to be there, guys, that was movie making beer. Yeahs to drink. So many highlights to do in the movie quotes of all scenes. That's a great one. Marie would stick up Clyde, Thank you very much, Thank you, Bye bye league.
Speaker 6: Hello, oh hello you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome on board.
Speaker 11: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: I would like to nominate Jonesy, which is the ginger cats that survived We've Ripley in the original Alien and helped to all let's say help, but then continued on in the movie Aliens.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean I think Sigourney Weaver is the main star of that and that kick ass cat.
Speaker 2: Jonesy wasn't Swizzerland you're an alien?
Speaker 3: I thought you meant Amanda Keller's little pets she has on her radio show, Jonesy, did you know that the I'd forgot there was even a cat up there in the Alien and Alien two amazing movies. I totally forgot there was a cat there. Lee. That's a great one.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much, No worries, You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Thanks guys.
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Talk about famous animals trying to PLoP them off on our eight said this morning of famous animals, A lot of you are screaming at the radio. Humphrey be Bear has to go on there. How would you describe the legend of Humphrey bee Bear to a younger viewer?
Speaker 2: A big bear who didn't talk no, but still could host his own TV show? How can he do that? Loved, loved honey, last honey, like all bears, wore a big yellow bow tie and yellow hat.
Speaker 3: Did he have?
Speaker 2: He did not know?
Speaker 3: So many, so many of those animals and then pant up? Did they? It was the eighties? Is okay to wave that stuff around?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 3: Different time now they've all got to be fully dressed. Hit that stuff away from the kids. Please, Now, where does humph go? Does he go? Be for bear? Humphrey bee Bear? That's it? Yes? Where does he go? Yes? That's question is often all rhetorical. Yes, that's right, that's the question, wouldn't it for Humphrey? So let's have the classification right on this for God's sake, guys, All right, this go to it's going to Linda. Good morning, Linda, Good morning, crew, How are you today? Crow? Good what's the famous animal for us?
Speaker 14: Well, that's the case Coco. He's the sign Oh no, she sorry. She's a sign language gorilla that was featured in National Geographic twice and studied by doctor Jane Goodall. She knew over a thousand signs. But the remarkable thing about it was she showed empathy in the conversation when she used those signs, so it wasn't just copycab and they had conversations. And she did pass at forty six years of age a couple of years ago.
Speaker 15: But very famous. I'm not sure if you heard of her Christian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was well known. Well, the work of doctor Jane good Or was incredible what she did for conversation, Yeah, beautiful awareness. But Coco, I think it was two thousand because I've seen that documentary. I think it was two thousand English words. That wow, quite a few more than some people that are working radio. But I don't want to name names.
Speaker 9: More than Jack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it has empathy as well, that's above and beyond. I think also Coco could recognize herself in the mirror.
Speaker 14: Yes, she could, yes, yes, and you know, make faces or whatever. So I think she's just more human than we are really, when you think about it, more empathetic and you know, more you caring than some of us.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, what's happened with the world, and then we've got the election, it's hard to feel inspired. Suddenly goes better than any of us. The whole of gorinas Co goes up there, bubbles. When's he going to tell his story? Okay, thank you, thank you, same time, Kevin, she's gone. I found that That was the start of a podcast, that episode one. She had more to say, Gavin, what famous you got for us? Mate?
Speaker 16: Lance Lancelot links secret chips.
Speaker 3: They're all better than us.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me you can spot himself in mirror.
Speaker 3: If one of them ran for office this week, it would get my vote. Remind us of Lance the secret chimp.
Speaker 16: Lancelot link was the secret Chimpney's foe was the baron.
Speaker 7: And he had all that it is.
Speaker 16: Psidekick was Mada Harry And I'm pretty sure it might have been one or two chimps that did the whole show. It was in the early seventies, absolutely hysterical. It was a monkey trying to walk in stilettos, was absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 3: This was the highlight of entertainment back, so do you. When I grew up a monkey.
Speaker 7: Walking it was absolutely hysterical, the.
Speaker 16: Baron driving and the baron driving a motorcycle with a sidecar with his henchmen. I can't remember the inchance names, but yeah, it's absolutely hysterical.
Speaker 7: In the days.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that, but I can imagine it right now. There's a gym riding the bike with a little chip with the gold like on the whatever name was, Yes, and you know that those animals did that work willingly. You know you know that was all above not funny. Actually wasn't a Gavin. Thank you very much for bringing a comedy. Please stick around. We're going to need you.
Speaker 1: At the end of every link, you're listening to the Christian Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So much going on going on? God? What four point? Sorry to produce? Rio is very emotional?
Speaker 2: What's wrong?
Speaker 12: What is it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry? I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I just I can't I can't find a quality anywhere.
Speaker 2: They're either exclusive, but they're so expensive?
Speaker 3: Is it you just just tell me, man, just take a moment.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: Worry about the extortionate cost to have quality furniture a good price.
Speaker 2: Exactly and are the only cheap ones I can find it a commonplace?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, please, no more fornuit it. It's on today's show. This is so it's actually fortuitous what you're doing right now, because it gives me a chance, just the kind of Smila to share something I've been interstated today on the show. For quality lounges, cryme no more dining tables, chairs, dab those eyes, occasional items and so much more. Head into Adriatic Furniture Exclusive. Yes expensive, no, thank god? Yes, great news. So every day this week, gold go where is the golden couch?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: Is it a tonyed or the crown?
Speaker 2: Can you find it first?
Speaker 3: Can you win the cal that's right, one thousand dollars every single day this week thanks to Adriatic Furniture Exclusive. Hell yeah expensive No. Each day you're listening out to the clue Master jack post, where is the golden couch? There is, actually it is a thing, a very very golden counting and it is somewhere right now in this great city. Listen to the clues clue Master, where is it?
Speaker 2: And then if you sit on the couch and wring us, that's how you win today.
Speaker 3: There's a cliff for only these kind of details. Takes this side of the show very seriously. Rest of short clients, if you come on board. He's a man who's in charge of the quality control.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Today's clue. Where is this golden couch?
Speaker 3: He's still going with his nursery run by the way. Oh, okay, today you're going to have a word with him.
Speaker 2: Today there's a golden couch by a toasted cheese man. You should go to market to market somewhere in Parann.
Speaker 3: Okay, you pulled out the nose time so hard today. I didn't even know on a whole map at this great state, where would I focus my.
Speaker 2: You really have to look careful in the clue. What's in there?
Speaker 3: If only you'd narrow it down to an area in the clue. All right, the clue once more.
Speaker 2: Today there's a golden couch by a toasted cheese man. You should go to market to market somewhere in Pram.
Speaker 3: All right, cool us from the couch, not just where you think it is. You've got to be live at the Couch's one thing to hear the clues. They need to get there. Call by the couch. If you were first one, you win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, we have a pair of tickets, go class double pass Vinete Cinemas. Go see Top Gun Maverick. We saw it yesterday, comes out next week. You will love it. It's why we go to the cinema. It will not be the same streaming it at home. Honestly, everyone that was at the screening last night, this new Top Gun movie Maverick all walked out different people. People were buzzing by the way the screen we were at. If I'm a Bombers player, you should be watching that game back. You should be at training, not all them traits in in the Esdian to go and see Top Gun Maverick.
Speaker 2: No, it actually gave me great hope to see all the Bombers there last night, because they need something like the inspirational Maverick to fly them up. Richmond should be worried about this weekend.
Speaker 3: S Tom Lynch. There still Tom Lynch as well from Tigers who got this weekend.
Speaker 2: One player is not enough to fly you up. Half the Bombers squad obviously were in a Top Gun Maverick last night.
Speaker 3: I felt sorry because obviously I don't know if you've seen the clips. I know you're a Bombers fan, but Dyson Heppel was on Fox Footy. Yes, they've been grilled saying you know you're soft. He didn't retaliate you being sledged. And one of his other teammates, you know, they're captains out there fronting it all. Everyone else is at top. Gun Rick I felt, I feel really sorry when Tyson and it was game yeah, a lambmark moment for the club, like one of the you'd say, he's one of the greats of your club, isn't he Hepple? Right, and he's out there getting all that.
Speaker 2: All that was on Fox with your raiding, free popcorn and drinking fun.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking, is it El Capitano in the Whatsam crew? Don't forget?
Speaker 14: Is it?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: Definitely? Is it Melbourne Central Hoyts? Which one is? It's at the heint all right? So here's all we want to talk about. The morning school nicknames. I think every school had some amazing nicknames. Okay, I remember at our school we had you know where. Sometimes you don't even check the validity of a story, do you? At school? You think everything. No, there's no fact checking going on at school, right, everything has read. I remember there was a kid he was in the year above us, simply known as spoon Bum, and I remember asking once why, by the way, why is he spoon Bum? We went, oh, once we apparently he was getting changed for sports and a spoon fell out of his underpants.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter, If it doesn't matter, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Spoon bumb.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: I found it on Facebook recently and all I thought, he's done really well. It's like a professor at university somewhere in Iowa or ever. All I thought was spoon Bum's done well well. I bet this's on social media that they someone said Christian. Our school, we had man Bat and I asked him why and they said his actual name was Wayne Bruce, you know, rather than the actual back. That is clever. It's rare. They're clever man Bat. It's actually very smart. Most of us had spoon Bump, some barely believable fable and a nickname. No matter what you do at school, that nickname is burnt in forever. So school nicknames. Who did you have at your school? Nine four one four three. The other thing you want to talk about today is what Jack's mum helped to do with the school project.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I won the English Award in year seven for having a really great imaginative story that I submitted as an English project that my mom.
Speaker 3: Actually what was the story about?
Speaker 2: Was it two ant Hills? And it was a metaphor for the US occupation in Iraq, which was big business at the time two thousand and one when I run won the award.
Speaker 3: What an advanced way to sort of break it down. Yeah, no, it was.
Speaker 2: It was about the one ant Hill had honey and one ant Hill wanted the other ant Hills honey.
Speaker 3: Mama posted a great the English teacher thought so, and you've got a special sort of commendation and assemblies.
Speaker 2: Not an assembly the one at the end of view graduation. So I went up on stage just be honest, right, did you even feel take us back to that moment. Did you feel an ounce of guilt or anything walking up?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: I did. I honestly felt guilty, but I couldn't say anything. I was in too deep because I said that I'd written a story.
Speaker 3: All right. When were you in too deep? Then? Mom and dad helping you out on a school project? What was it all right, those are the two phone ins today. Then school nicknames and mama dad helping him out on a school project. We want to hear all about both of those.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show podcast Jummle.
Speaker 3: Be part of the show today. Tell us about the school nicknames that were at your school and mom and dad helping you out on your school projects. Christian. There was a kid at our school surname Dwyer, nickname Tumble. Thank you very John takes a while that one Tumbule Dwyer. Christian. We had Big Mac because he wants a two big Macs back to back, and he was a very small kid for us. The legend of Big Mac is born. He's a Christian. We had school nickname Chippan. Someone walked past his house once and his mum was cooking chips. Hey chip pan your mom, I'm going to cook him bore chips. Tash Christian. My school nickname was Dave to this day and thirty three. I have no idea as to why I was Daved, but everyone called me Dave Christian. This comes from John Savage. John Savage feels like Action hero Savage is back. John Savage, Una Pooper. Someone took a dump at school and smeared it all around the bathroom. No one knew who it was, but that day Unipooper was born. All right. School nicknames nine four one four one oh four three. Mom and Dad helping me out with the school project as well. Mark, good morning, good morning, all right? School nickname? What did you have? Mark?
Speaker 8: So it wasn't me, But there was this guy at school and everybody called him Josh the Head, And like I was new to the school and I asked one of my friends.
Speaker 17: I was like, Hey, what is it?
Speaker 8: Why does everyone called him Josh the Head? Does he really like a special hit or something? And he was like, no, no, he just he knew a weird one.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. That's his thing. That's why it's Josh that Mark. Thank you very much. Give us a go and tell us about the legend of mate. Thank you very much. What is the special hat? By the way, don't call him with the answers to that. Here we got here. Karen, Good morning, Karen, good morning.
Speaker 18: How are you Christian?
Speaker 3: I'm going to welcome to the show. Have you went as well? School nick names?
Speaker 8: And I went to school with a girl and we named her to all beef because her name was Patty.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, yes, great, Thank you very much that Karen, have a good day. Thanks for calling the show. Lucy, what was your school nickname? What did you have at your school?
Speaker 18: Well, it's actually me So my surname is Hatton, like hat On. So I got hat rack because I wasn't wearing a hat.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of hat based I was going through.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, so I was hat rack and then head binging hat rack, which I don't know, headbanging hat rack, and I used to just headbang and.
Speaker 3: Go yeah, good old times. Lucy, Thank you very much. You kill mate. Take care? Uh, Kirsty, you got to start about mom and dad help him out with his school project.
Speaker 14: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yes, how you going, guys, We're good. What what happened then? What was the school project?
Speaker 9: So my dad was owned his own business and he helped me with my economics assignment in year ten and I was a C student of economics and I got a B and I was wrapped.
Speaker 10: My dad was an a student wasn't so wrapped made me go up to the school with him and confront my teacher to see why we only got to be and ended up telling the teacher that she wasn't any good at being a teacher being out in the world, and that's why she was only teaching economics at the school.
Speaker 3: So much going on in this scene, isn't it. You know they talk about mums or dads to living vicenust she through their own. Your dad is literally doing that when he said she deserves a better grade. He's going into that.
Speaker 2: I worked really hard on that projectory.
Speaker 3: Thank you, all right, keep this going. The school nicknames are great nine four one four one o four three and confessing about mama dad helping him out with school projects.
Speaker 4: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Nicknames that you had at your school and mom and dad happening out with the school project. Kylie's this emailed Christian was the Star Wars coloring in competition as they used to be back in the day at the local video shop. My mum colored in the picture and put my name on it, sent it in. I won the competition. The worst part was I got on the local paper for winning, having my photo taken with some ewoks. That is a peak life moment. Everything after that sadly and anti climax. I loved it at the time, but ever since that pang of girl never goes away. I still can't keep and the lines when coloring in Kylie, I love that one. Thank you very much. What have we got here? Then? School nicknames that you had, Christian, we had this school to our this kid at our school whose nickname was Beefy because every day he had a beef pie at the canteen. Christian A there was a Beaker because he bared a resemblance to the Muppet. I once went to introduce him. Years later, as had grown up. I couldn't, for the life of me remember his actual name. I'm not there. You have ever been a reunion? And all you see a nicknames above people head's going. I don't know these people.
Speaker 2: Spoon Bum, spoon Mark, spoon.
Speaker 3: Spoon spoon Bum. The middle name Christian I had to mate called Fiss because when he was twelve, he was asked at lunchtime what was having for dinner that night, and he mispronounced fish. He's now thirty five and still to this day denys he ever said Fiss life sentence for crime. He didn't come in. These are brilliant. There's let's get some calls now, Zach, Yes, good morning, Zach tell us about school nickname before I do that, I had got one for the other one as well.
Speaker 12: But my nickname back in the year ten, I changed schools and just for us started for some reason, I tried to die my brown hair bright blonde and somehow got the nickname slim Shady.
Speaker 3: Somehow. It's right there. It demands you are now the original slim Shady. And he said he had another one for us. You've got a two for of you, Zach.
Speaker 12: Yes, so again caught it, helped by the terentsn't me. It was actually my sister. So my sister was in school in English class and the teacher was going on about brilliant work from a previous year and started showing off the work to the class. My sister, looking at it, go that that's what happened to be about the sister's work is It's like, yeah, yeah, it's my dad's stand writing.
Speaker 3: What's happened. I'm not sure we understood that one chat, but sometimes the two pre is of one, and it makes you appreciate the one at the start. So it's given us that thanks Zach, I think he.
Speaker 19: Means his dad wrote the assignment.
Speaker 3: It was in his dad's sister, the other sisters.
Speaker 2: To get I can visualize.
Speaker 3: There we go, I called that. We always get a little bit nervous when they've got another one. Have you Mark?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Mark, good morning?
Speaker 17: How are we team?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We're good. Have you got one story for its? Mark? Yeah?
Speaker 16: Yeah, y'all got one story?
Speaker 3: Mane, everyone's yours? What's your school nick name? Mark?
Speaker 16: Okay?
Speaker 17: Shorty of four foot four foot three, and everyone called me shorty. And if the teacher went to call me my real name, Mark, they go, now that Shorty. And I went through so much so that even the principal called me shorty. And in the school photos they says, Shorty with my real name, Mark Calendar.
Speaker 3: You know must have hurt as well, though, Mark, Hey, it must have hurt having a nickname like that.
Speaker 16: No, I didn't really care, but I was.
Speaker 3: I was the gun in sport.
Speaker 17: Okay, so if they wanted to get there, the person who was really good at sport, especially in baseball. All right, So you're crouching over there wasn't much of a gap. So I would always get hitting. It'd be a ball and they get the main man.
Speaker 3: Back, the main man Mac Daddy. All right, Mark, thank you very.
Speaker 7: Much, every good morning season.
Speaker 3: Can any dow admit to that one? Let's go to Oh hang on a minute, it's time. Are you live from the Golden Couch? Rene?
Speaker 18: I sure am.
Speaker 3: Hang on, let's play the music gold go. Where is the golden couch now? Is it a tunny or the crown? Can you find it first? Can you win the couch? Every single day this week you're listening to the clue from Jackie Boy, where is the Golden couch? An actual golden couch that has one thousand dollars if you're the first one records from the Golden Couch. Thanks to Adriatic Furniture for quality lounges, dining tables, chairs, occasional items, a lot more heads into Adrirabbit Furniture Exclusive, yes expensive, no jack The clues today to wear the.
Speaker 2: Couch is today there's a golden couch by a toasted cheese man. You should go to market to market somewhere in pram Rene.
Speaker 20: Where are you in the cran market maker maker manga. I'm here on the golden couch and it is very gold You.
Speaker 3: Are a winner. You want one thousand dollars, get yourself and yours make your manga cheese toasted as well. There's well eight different ones there. That's so good.
Speaker 20: Absolutely well, I'm Christian. I have to say, me and my partner Jack absolutely love you. He's from the UK as well, with big fans lovely.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you very much. That's very sweet to saying, y you're going to go now spending about money at the market. A bunch of flowers there, that's what I set you back, right, it really will right, all right? Yeah, yeah, okay, thank you back again tomorrow. I've got as.
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I think this radio station should offer me and the team counseling. Some of the stories we have to hear that can never come on air. You wouldn't thank us them this. There's images that I've seen to do one of the nicknames and a part of a male appendage that I will never forget that in my darkest moment image. No, I don't even need I didn't need that in my life. I'm going to need counseling at my darkest moments at two am, when you have those wide awake in the dark that will come back to haunt me. That image that I didn't need that, all right, let me just take myself to a happy place. But that was on the show with the two stories for one was it one story to one? Hey days in the show today, guys, big news in my house, big news, right, A lot going on that energy, you know, a lot of going on in that energy in my house. Got two teenage daughters, one in year twelve, one in year ten, big years. And then obviously there's the og fifty two year old teenage and my wife. They gang up on me, they get it's like a pile on every day, sitting duck in there. Lot of times I have to apologize on behalf of the patriarchy. Is the alone representative of some kind of wounded masculine in that house. I like an animal at times, cornered in there, away a cinema wife the weekend, I snapped, all right. When we bought the Sounds about three years ago, the real estate agent went, I think this is like a use, this could be like a utility room. My wife just goes be your office, okay, why would I Yeah, your que goes and I'll share it with you. And I say, oh god, no, no, no no. And so that's what's beenber three years. My wife sonders, I'll be trying to work on the next grape radio idea, and suddenly I hit my wife going, Kathy, God, are you free for goat? Are you free for coffee? And I'm like, I'm trying to focus in my utility room gallyway here. So as a wife at the weekend, this can't carry on, Okay, the next great idea is alluding me store for three years in this house.
Speaker 2: It's also where the German shepherd uses the toilet.
Speaker 3: Poosing the hour. It's just a dumping ground in there, right, And I said, this is it I need? I need an office in the garden. My wife said, well at the only available space. Yeah, I'm going to have a shed like a going to have it basically, that's that's all I'm allowed. Down the side of my house is an area that's been allocated now for me. I'm going to have a shed in.
Speaker 2: There down the side, not even in the back yard.
Speaker 3: There's no room in the backyard.
Speaker 2: It's down the side of the house where the hot water unit is.
Speaker 3: No by the way, the bins are. I will literally move the bins aside like the back cave where it's like a hidden entrance through the bins are only being inspired by the grass cutting. Some dog turds fill the need for radio inspiration.
Speaker 2: And then they go, I bet you're not building it. You're getting into someone to build it.
Speaker 3: If I build it, it's in the news. I'm trapped in it. Outrage that Christian was trapped in a shack. He mates that the Union bomber's cabin or something I can't build that could even hang a picture. I'm building some kind of shabby, old, cheap shed. I'm going to buy from Bunny.
Speaker 2: So they're going to make it look like a part of the house or is.
Speaker 3: It going to be and cost of fortune to drive up, blend and sculptured it. This is in Grand Designs.
Speaker 2: It would be like a summer house.
Speaker 3: Oh it's not going to be like that. So you're talking like a shed budget I've been given it's literally a couple of hundred bucks. I mean, I'm just go to get a.
Speaker 2: Tense you're gonna I know what You're gonna end up with one of those We've got one one of those metal sheds that you buy Bunnings. You can he's gonna be.
Speaker 3: So that's like a whipper sniffer in the corner. Old paintings off carpets, and they mean a sad little desk.
Speaker 2: We've got one of those for the paintings. I can tell you now, you're gonna be so hot in summer, and so hot there'll be about four days a year where it's perfect temperature.
Speaker 3: But I'll be separated from the noisy chao or something.
Speaker 2: This is Sarah's plot to just get you out of the house.
Speaker 3: I'm okay pushed out that way. I'm willing in this murther idea, right. I don't know whether because people would have had to work out and improvise home working spaces due to COVID, and I'm guessing some people, because not everyone is back to work at their office now five days a week, you're probably still doing some kind of homework in wherever that is under the stairs or in the garage or whereever. He might even be working out of a shed at times. I'm thinking about buying like a rust bucket of a motor home and just keeping it. I'm not I'm not choking, right. It might be cheap in the minors shed and having like a base made just park out the front of my house and using it as a as a as a stationary office.
Speaker 2: Like breaking bed's that big, But I mean I could interview guests, I could use as a podcasting hub.
Speaker 3: Surely that's a that's a professional.
Speaker 2: Neighbors going to think of that. The guy on the street, the Lovely Street as well Tree.
Speaker 3: Street, and there's a guy morning going into my office a motor home obscuring all the views around there. The residents would complain, but.
Speaker 2: I think you would get more work done in the motor home than the shed. So if anyone's got a free motor.
Speaker 3: Home, please, I'm happy to sell.
Speaker 2: Okay, one hundred bucks on this line.
Speaker 3: If anyone has got some kind of shabby mate do home office as well, I'd love to hear about it.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So tomorrow, painting will begin on the mural on Lagon Street we gave away last week. So many iconic murals all over the city. You're giving you your own one. The Wall of Dogs commences tomorrow this weekendnybody go and see it. Yesterday we told you there's another wall so on Commercial Roads, another great, very busy site, as they say, a prime site in marketing. So we asked you, what do you want the wall? And we have this great call from Kat.
Speaker 20: I went to the football Friday night and I made friends with a lovely nana named Maureen, and she's inspired me.
Speaker 15: I think we should have a wall of nana's.
Speaker 3: We agreed. This is Mareen that kicks it off. It's gonna be a wall of nance and we need to know about why your nan should be up there. We need to have this one line of story, one thing you can tell us about You're amazing. Now. This is Maureen.
Speaker 16: Hi Christian.
Speaker 3: By the way, here's what you're going to hear. A lot of that's down to they love, really love how many grandkids. It's some sort of competition. They've got more grandkids than you have, like they birthed all of them. Ninety said, I'm still just popped out on the other five grandkids.
Speaker 11: Hi, Christian, it's Maurine here. That is normal. Needed me for your wall of names, Christian, I am a grandmother and I have six grandchildren. My grandchildren days rangers from twenty one down to four. Our good tip to seen a couple of photos of me, and when you see them, you'll probably drop gid. I'll see here later.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for so I said in producer Rio when this started to become a thing yesterday. We need some production. And as someone's leaving the meeting, as I said, you know, maybe it's like we need them to justify why their NAN should be on them because there's only set them out room for so many NaN's up there on the moon or so. Remember there's that song, isn't there, you know, and we could use that mcdonna song justify your NAN. This is my fault, right, we won't be using this, but it needs to be aired.
Speaker 2: It's time.
Speaker 3: This is so wrong for you to justify your why is he doing that?
Speaker 6: Nan?
Speaker 2: He's what are you saying? What do you say? What are you saying?
Speaker 3: You sick over?
Speaker 2: I simply ask it end? Has she been a good nun?
Speaker 3: That was not what I said.
Speaker 2: You heard me and what Madonna would say.
Speaker 3: No, but it's not we're not channeling Madonna. Channel Madonna.
Speaker 2: You said, channel you're inner Madonna.
Speaker 3: Talking about her NAN. She wouldn't speak like that.
Speaker 2: That's exactly a creepiness to that there is.
Speaker 3: It's an unnecessariness. We don't like that. Okay, this is better. What a man, what a man?
Speaker 2: What an what a money good name?
Speaker 3: What a man?
Speaker 14: What a man?
Speaker 10: What a man?
Speaker 3: What a money good n.
Speaker 2: What a mighty good Nan.
Speaker 3: Don't justify your names anymore. No more justification needed, all right, some of the ones that came in yesterday.
Speaker 21: Hey, Kristen, have we got the perfect Nana to go on your wall of Nana's ol Nana Carrol almost eighty. She loves a bee, she loves a bit, She comes from Broady. She's perfect for us and we think she'll be perfect for your wall.
Speaker 13: Hi Christian, I'd love my two gray grandmother's, Thelma and Betty to be on the Wall of Nance. They are both on my mom's side their family, which means I've got two grandmothers for the price of one, and they're both linked to one grandfather. Betty always has a banana cake for every family party, and Thelma loves to collect porcelain donkeys. They are both role models to me and they've been a massive part of my life. I'd love these two amazing women to be on the Wall of Nance.
Speaker 3: Thanks Steph, Well, I'm Steph. Beautifully put. They special were people and they love porcelain don't they. Nana's they love. That's their secret sort of power, isn't It's in a crystal cabinet. Crystal cabinet to house all that beautiful porcelain as well. Let's hear about this Nana.
Speaker 5: Hi, Christian, Margaret here just wanted to see if you could maybe put my grandma on your grandma's wall.
Speaker 3: Hannah Burke.
Speaker 5: Well, she had eight kids, fifty grandkids, one hundred and fifty great grandkids, and over fifty great great kids. She'd always remember that day when my sister was in trouble she got told to hold out her hand expecting a smack. Well Grandma just smacked it with a packet of Smarties. Lovely old chik. Miss her greatly anyway, Hope you'll consider her for the wall.
Speaker 3: My the what we're talking about was when the school got burnt to the ground. But I'm not sure that's the right way to who deal with that? Christian. Everyone knows my granny. She's going to be one hundred and four next month, one hundred and four. Don't go think because she's a frail little old lady. Grannie had a big hand of raising me and my horrible four older siblings. I was even sent to live with her for my teen years, which is a blessing for me and my mom and dad, so I've got very fond memories of her. The ABC even came round to interview and do a.
Speaker 19: Bit on her at one hundred and three and Sneap is one of the club's most active members. One of Anne's favorite activities is the weekly Learning Circle.
Speaker 4: We talk about various topics and one thing leads to another.
Speaker 3: Nothing to do with the topic at all, what's a show? We have some good laughs.
Speaker 19: One recent topic was who you would or would not like to be trapped in a lift with Prince? So you would like to be looked in elyctic or would not like to.
Speaker 5: Be would.
Speaker 3: Maybe we do need to know for you to justify your life.
Speaker 2: The emergency Stop Harry should be a good naw.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We have another wall and we've gone with Cat's idea of a wall of NaNs up on Commercial Road that we painted. Next week. We need to know why your nad has to be up there to be celebrated like this one from Joanna One Amazing Nan. My Nan turned one hundred and four last week, she migrated with a young family from Holland to escape the wall. While in Holland, she hid eleven year old Jewish boy in her basement. Imagine a bravery doing that. You can't get much more legendary than that, Oh Christian. She also recently got stuck for two hours on her chair lift in the house. She had to wait in it for the repair guys to come and fix it. She sent me a photo of this. It looks like that nanny's levitation.
Speaker 2: She's halfway up the stairs.
Speaker 3: She was, poor old thing stuck. Looks like she's levitating over the workmen who are trying to where he gets you down? You know something? You see ski is stuck in the ski lift. Don't you up an alpine slope. She's on the descent of the stair mountain there two hours. She's got a curtainism blaz as well. This scene needs to be on the wall, doesn't it? That scene and Nan in action and Nan in flight? All right, So we just want you to tell us about your nan. Tell us a story about your Nan. Why in a line or two should your Nan be on the wall. Cindy, tell us about your Nan.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Christian, my name. Phillis is ninety six and has a secret stash of Baileys at a nursing home, which she pulls over her ice cream next night.
Speaker 3: This is amazing primission nan stash of Bailey's. That's great one. She's got a great nan name Phyllis, and that the old people they love a sherry or a baisy stone thing she does, and she makes.
Speaker 6: Sister panted into smaller bottles in case anyone sees it.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, have more than one stash? Yeahraman gets fan, you got another?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: One under the floorboards or under the bed.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the whole house shot where they could be well done. Cindy, thank you very much for calling him.
Speaker 18: No worries.
Speaker 3: You can have some under the barbecue anything, Jasmine, Hello, Hello, Jasmine, tell us about your nan.
Speaker 15: Okay, So my nana is as iconic as a Montague Bridge.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 15: She's ninety years young and she worked at the iconic Melbourne Young in Jackson's Hotel for about twenty plus years. She would have poured over four point five million beers in her time, and I reckon she would have served half as Melbourne as well.
Speaker 3: Four and a half million beers. That is a service, that.
Speaker 15: Is that is and with a smile that she always had a smile and her dollar as well. So yeah, she's definitely a character.
Speaker 3: So four and a half million, I think when at the end somebody's nuns, we're getting pictures through and you know that will gobble. I think one like the Nan that was hovering in the air stuff on her chair lift. It's the Nan behind the bar, poor and a bit for people. That's what we want to see up there. What's her name again, Helen? Helen, great Jasmin, Thank you very much telling us about Helen.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, we're moving on to the news then a time waster today, so today email me about your name now. As you can imagine, we love on nance. They are very special place in families, are in her heart. So I know a lot of you got a lot to say about NaNs and it is lovely for me to read a paragraph or two about the time she lost that iPad. However, if you could just get it down to a couple of bullet points about one story there, like Helen just did, please just keep it to a couple the bullet points. This one story about your Nan and why she has to go up on that wall. Why she's so special? Why should be be memorized up there? Email me today, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU. Thank you.
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time for this Mornings at Work time waster. This is an incredible story. One hundred and two year old Australian war veteran has become the oldest worker in the country five days a week, still working five days a week. One hundred and two Phil Hodgson works as a carpenter day toy restoration center. Firs like he's been making to work though, you know, okay, go now, please Master Ger Petto that in it is it Pinocchio the old wood carver kind of around Gapetto had five days a week. One hundred and two year old Phil Hodson works as a carpenter at a toy restoration center. Men didn't making children's toys.
Speaker 2: This is amazing and my dad's just retired at sixty four.
Speaker 3: When asked why he refuses to retire, he simply said, what would I do otherwise? What would you do? That's incredible? All right, So today we're looking for your carpenter movies. I'm expecting good stuff in you because you actually have done your own reno. You will have you will have you some of these things. What have I got? Okay? All right? Carpenter Movies. Tom Hanks is a great actors. He's in a great Carpenter movie. That's right, Captain Philip Screwdriver.
Speaker 2: That is one of the tools, one of the umber part.
Speaker 3: Saw a plank Redemption gold, grain man. Oh, Tom Cruise, he really cares about the grain of that wood. That number grain Man Gold, Chippy Chippy bang bank Gold. Don't trust him around your wife when you go out for the d and dumber lumber, dumb and lumber Silver. Thank you, Jackie boy. What have you got? Carpenter Movies.
Speaker 2: Gold is very good.
Speaker 3: That's a great name for a business.
Speaker 2: My fair Trady.
Speaker 3: That's good, My fair Trady. What a great musical. There should be a Trady musical Gold as well.
Speaker 2: Christian Bale plays a very creepy Patrick Bateman in American SMOKEO.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: Silver And I did want to get a tool one in there. So this is a bit. You might not recognize this name, but you've got nail.
Speaker 3: I've got no idea what her name is.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Christian Okyl Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're looking for your carpenter movies today on the time way. So Jack, you're ready tomorrow, Let's do it. Smoko at Bernice Silver, what a mike? They're well be would silver? Yeah? Simon Edward Plier hands silver throw Mama from the scaffold, rob Star Wars Epitode, two Plumbers, Crack of the Clones. Silver dude wears my tool belt Bronze, Paul Kill drill. Silver dude wears my carpenter.
Speaker 2: He's late gold.
Speaker 3: Screwing Miss Daisy the man with the nail gum Silver. I soared what you did last summer gold, the good, the bad and the trading silver. How Stella got her tongue and grew back? Clever Joe, well done, Gorilla Ladder in the midst Silver flush hour.
Speaker 2: Is that a carpentry?
Speaker 3: It isn't keep something of trading.
Speaker 2: Gold.
Speaker 3: He's just not that into screw gold. That's very good. Michelle the chippy always measures twice Silva. You've got now silva you only cut once? Bronze, Yeah, boring, Uh sorry? And Stuart Whittle a tiny mouse whittling there at the skirting boards. It'll bit on Stuart Whittle, all right, who's best in show? Jackie Boy will give them the gold double bass.
Speaker 4: Stuart Whittle the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: I was just chatting to chat there talking about different trades and the trades and were sending. I was stuck in traffic yesterday and I was watching all the trades hard at work. Two things I notice right, First of all, the short shots that they love. You can't buy those us muggles that aren't trained in the trading arts. You can't buy that short short hemline up high, isn't it. It's like a skirt, a real it's high. Any moment one of the silk eggs could pop out weather and they want that. It's Sharon Stone. Basically trading instinct. They are sure short shots they are. Where do they get them from? Though, we can't smuggles can't go in and go buy a short have to go to a special sports and go where do the trades get their Not here, sir, You've got to move on. The other thing is to seeing all the different trades there, like the Sparkys, the carpenters and the sort of the brickies as well, carrying all the bricks and cement. And who do you think is the most agile and fittest. They're all very fit, working outdoor all year round, right question.
Speaker 2: Who's the strongest trade? Yes, probably the carpenter is busiest, like he's all that cement in that will ma.
Speaker 3: What about the brickies because they've got to bug all the bricks up. Yes, yeah, on the shoulder, you know, it's in their forearms like Popeye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have the brickie we have with pretty heavy set, though strong, I'll give him that wrong.
Speaker 3: Some of them you can have like a big, old big they're not an ox. They just go or they're pulling that plow, pushing that plow tomorrow morning. I picked this up, tradies, okay. I also one of you gave us a time waste, which may be a feature, My fair trady. We're thinking of maybe trades on the show doing their own karaoke to show tune to something that we need. But the one thing we need from you today, trades, get ready to call it and have a civil war with each other tomorrow from six about who is the fittest and strongest out of all the trades. But tomorrow, what.
Speaker 2: Ann, what Ann?
Speaker 3: What a then? What a mony? Good name? Tell us what Ann? What a man?
Speaker 18: What a man?
Speaker 3: What a money?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 3: N t about miss hur Lewis. I'm sure he's saying what a good man. But it's good Nan. So we want to hear all about your NaNs. It's going to be award of NaN's emural painted next week. Why should your nan go up there to tell us in one line something about your Nan. It might be a story, it might be a fact. We heard about Nana Helen today, who is pored about four and a half million pots in this city. That's four and a half million beers. So tell us one thing about your Nana, facts or a story. Email it today, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot
Speaker 4: Au, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast y