Speaker 1: Celebrity news.
Speaker 2: Did you like that guy?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Crow, Now it's got to hit a celebrity in news.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Jonah Hill was on the SmartLess podcast, which is hosted by celebrities, I mean Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes from What was He and Will and Grace and will Anette, And he was talking to them about the hobby that he started seven years ago at the age of thirty five years old, and that hobby is Brazilian jiu jitsu.
Speaker 1: Nice. So he holds a white belt. Now it's not my six year olds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was going to say, it's not that impressive, Like when you look at the belt order for an adult, it goes white, blue, purple.
Speaker 1: Then brown, and black.
Speaker 4: But he's talking about his white belt as if it's something to be impressed by. In this interview, he also says that because of his jiu jitsu training and his white belt, he'd absolutely be able to take his haters out if he needed to take a Listen to what he said.
Speaker 2: I love Brazilian jiu jitsu. I love except my body is begging me to not love it. Forty two isn't my wave? Is often like you're not going to become like a professional fighter.
Speaker 1: You know that, right, Like you're a comedian.
Speaker 2: Like, but let me ask you something, if we got into it, I would, I would, yeah, And.
Speaker 1: That's the best part.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing is people are like, oh, Juna hill I go from super Bell and I'm like, I would annihily.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I it's a funny one to watch, like it's literally just man wrestling on the ground.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, it's actually not one of those ones where put into practice is very useful, like day to day. Like I've got to say, as someone who is engaged to a professional boxer, there's something in me that kind of just feels like, I know, my partner someone up one day if we needed to.
Speaker 1: But it also scares me because I'm like, please never do that. Yeah, of course, Like just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Speaker 3: I think we've got one of my next door neighbors. He's a black belt in jiu jitsu and he always says like I could take your husband down.
Speaker 1: My Ryan is not a jiu jitsu but also.
Speaker 3: He's big, and he's big, he's like a man mountain. However, I'm like, I think what these.
Speaker 1: Jiu jitsu people do.
Speaker 3: Is they like they they get on top of you and they use their legs.
Speaker 4: Is that the thing that Melissa does a lot of She did a lot of grappling, she said, so not Brazilian jiu jitsu as a whole. She kind of does the grappling component, which is the like, yeah, the wrestling is a combination of kickboxing, boxing, and grappling.
Speaker 1: So well, because it's all three, it's like, oh, that's like.
Speaker 4: Mixed martial arts, I guess. But I mean in terms of the grappling element, like what are they just going to run up to For your example, your husband six foot three?
Speaker 1: Is he going to sprint up to him, mount him on his back and just hope his force can take him to the ground Armber.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The only way I reckon you would be able to take Ryan out is if he hit the deck, Like if he's on.
Speaker 1: The ground already, yes, you will be able to take him out.
Speaker 3: But good luck getting that man down to the hall, big man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, these celebrities, I'm gonna have to explain who they are, but the story's worth it. So Annalyine mccad now she's best known for they did a nine O two to one oh.
Speaker 1: Remember Beverly Hills nine two old show.
Speaker 4: They did a reboot in the early noughties called nine O two one oh and Aneline McCord was like the main actress in that. And she's also getting married to a former rugby union player who's quite well known I think in the UK.
Speaker 1: His name's Danny Cipriani.
Speaker 4: Now the story is they've got a combined net worth of like over ten million Australian dollars, like eleven million Australian dollars, and they're asking for people to donate to their wedding. So they've started an entire registry on a website called honey Fund.
Speaker 1: I've got up on the screen for you guys here.
Speaker 4: So they're getting married in October of this year, and basically there's a list where you can buy certain parts of their wedding. For example, for two hundred and fifty bucks, you can contribute towards the reception catering. For three hundred dollars you can add to cut the wedding photographer. You can also add things like floral arrangements.
Speaker 3: Is this a public thing, It's not just for people who are invited?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I'm I mean, they would have sent it to their wedding guest. But it's a website, so like, technically we could go on now and pay. One of the ones I saw that was bought was one hundred bucks for their marriage registration.
Speaker 1: Is that I wish I'd thought of this smart?
Speaker 4: Hang on a second, kiss paid for your your wedding.
Speaker 3: Isn't this just like a wedding registry, which I always I've said before, I feel like, is rude? Buy me these pot plants?
Speaker 1: A lot of people find registries helpful. You reckon ye just give money in a cart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's kind of the same concept as a wishing well, but they're just asking for the money ahead of time, as opposed to on the night give us an envelope with money. But it's like a ranger life better where you can use the money afterward that you get.
Speaker 1: Well also downloaded. Like you said, they don't need any of these.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they wrote on their gift, any amount contribute to our journey, help us create our dream wedding and honeymoon experience with any amount of donation.
Speaker 1: It just feels a bit icky.
Speaker 4: Everyone's slamming them, saying it's packy and also like they don't need the money.