Speaker 1: The Rising Conker Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestrid Islander peoples. Today, Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the Riise and Conquer Podcast. Today's episode is a Geez Hotline. These are our fun Friday where you send in your life dilemmas and I and sometimes it's here provide our unqualified two cents on the situation. So today we have some juicy questions. We're chatting about partners who don't support you on your business ventures or just whatever you're doing, Big rend Flag and we've got a couple of friend questions. So let's get into it. Though, before I do, you know, I give you my recommendation of the week. This is not our like, read, watch, listen recommendation. So my girlfriend, my bestie sent me this TikTok, and actually I'm gonna play the TikTok in the microphone so I don't have to explain it to you and it will make full sense.
Speaker 2: I'm want to share with you guys something I've been doing to manifest exponentially faster. So one of my best girlfriends, what we do is we'll send each other a text of a pineapple emoji.
Speaker 3: When we do this, it means that we're going to.
Speaker 2: Start talking about a manifestation that we're calling in as if it's already happening. So, for instance, they'll be like, oh my god, you're not going to believe that I meant this.
Speaker 3: Amazing guy today. He asked me how we're going on a date on Friday. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Then what she'll do is play along and start asking me questions like, oh my gosh, tell me all about him, what is he like? Where are you guys going to go when you're going to wear What this does is it actually helps you to tap into the energy of it already being done, and when we do that, it allows the manifestation to come in so much faster. It also helps you because you're speaking things into existence and by having a friend play along with you and ask you questions.
Speaker 3: It helps you also to tap into your.
Speaker 2: Imagination to be able to actually visualize and create mental imagery.
Speaker 3: Around the thing that you're calling in.
Speaker 2: And when we co create together, it is even more intense and energetically powerful. So pick a friend, grab an emoji, and start talking all about your manifestations.
Speaker 3: Is if they're already happening.
Speaker 1: Now. I love that. How good is that? So she sent that to me and was like, what emoji do you want to use? And so we decided we would use the unicorn emoji, and every time we sent that to each other, we would send a voicy of what we're manifesting. So we did this the other day and I was like, what are you manifesting? She told me. And then what she told me, she was like, oh, you know, but I'm manifesting this, but I can't have this thing until I have this thing. And then I was like, that's a block, you know, that's a limiting belief. And then she was like, oh my god, I didn't realize it was limiting belief. And then we had a great chat about it. And then I did the exact same thing to her and she said the same. She was like, Georgie, that is a block because I was like, oh, I just don't feel like I can do it because of this, this, this, And then she came at me with, you know, the reasons that I can achieve this thing or have this thing, and it was just so good. And now we have been doing this regularly where we yeah, send voices, and voices are great because it's not like we have to chat on phone. And she recently had a baby, so she's got two kids. I've got ivy. You know, all my businesses, no one has bloody time. So it's really great because she'll send a voice and then I'll just listen to it when I can. We go back and forth. But we have been doing it and it's so good because even though I'm someone who writes down what I'm trying to manifest and my goals, to actually have a conversation about it just has been really really cool. And I feel like I've been talking about what I'm trying to manifest, what I will manifest, and I just, yeah, I feel like this was such a cool thing to do. So me and my bestie have been doing it, and I reckon you guys, would love to do it. So choose a bestie. Make sure they're high vibe, make sure there's someone who can dream big and who will be in on this.
Speaker 3: Send them so.
Speaker 4: Honest with you about your blocks.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, because literally my friends sent like what she was trying to manifest and she's like, oh, but you know I need this because it's within her business. She wanted to rebrand for you know, this reason, and I was like, but do you even need to rebrand because I feel like that's a block that you think, you know, the name represents blah blah blah. And we went back and forth and yeah it was. It was really good. And she's like, oh my god, I hadn't even thought about that. So yeah, that's something new I'm doing and highly recommend.
Speaker 4: That's such a good recommendation.
Speaker 1: Thank you, dear. All Right, guys, let's get straight into the first question.
Speaker 4: Al right. It question one? How can I deal with a partner that isn't supportive of me wanting to build my own business slash beyond social media. He doesn't like influences and doesn't like me showing my face on Instagram. We have constant fights about that because I like to show the face behind my brand, and I want people to see who they are potentially working with. I told him I don't want to become an influencer. I just want to build my own business. But he isn't supportive at all. Would love some advice on how to stop all the drama without giving up on my dream. So first of all, men are trash.
Speaker 1: Just every episode. This is how it's starting. Okay, so let's unpack this. I just yeah, I think this is a lot more normal than we would think.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: I think so because I have kind of like a Unicorn partner, where Tim not Unicorn partner. But Tim has been supportive of me being on Instagram from the start, even when I used to just post like half naked photos. Not half naked photos, but like you know, Instagram glafey and guys don't judge me. I am now very lay it. I now have substance to me, I swear. But he's just been so supportive in the way he's like, do what you want, whatever makes you happy. I think you need to get to like the bottom of why does he care?
Speaker 4: Like is it his insecurities?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why would he care? Is it a privacy thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it. He's insecure and he doesn't want you having attention.
Speaker 4: Thing. But it's weird because it's not like she's going to be posting any like bikini photos or anything. It's just like a video saying meet the owner of this small business.
Speaker 1: Which and this is a huge thing, guys. I feel like this is very obvious. But brands these days you have to show your face. Oh absolutely, Like the brands that are blowing up and doing well, you know who owns them. You know their story. Their story is the reason why you buy that product. Yeah. Absolutely, And I think like, for instance, like with naked harvests, huge thing we did was me and Cooper being prominent in the brand of you know who made these because it's a trust thing. And even though the brand is very much established away from us and our names. It's not like Stevenson's Supperlance or anything like that.
Speaker 4: But that on the list.
Speaker 1: No, oh my god, that's actually a huge thing. I could get into it. I could do a whole episode on why you shouldn't use your name in branding.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's important because people these days, like they love to buy products from other people. Like I feel like gone in the days where you just buy a product because it's a big brand, Like, yes, that still happens, but I feel like people love to know the story. I personally love to buy from small businesses where I either know the backstory or I know the people's faces. So this, like this girl is so on point, this is so important, and so it's just really upsets me that her partner is not supportive, Like that's a bit of a red flag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And for me, I'm like, that's just a little bit controlling, because even if you wanted to post bikini photos or half naked photos or naked photos, it's your body and yes, he's your partner.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, sorry to interject. One thing. This reminds me of girls back in the day where their partner told them they couldn't wear a certain dress like out yes, And I was like, that's a red flag. Yeah, if he's telling you what to wear, that's a red.
Speaker 4: Flag exactly, and like it's just not his place, no where the fuck you on, Yeah, exactly, what he's doing is very controlling and not okay. And you definitely shouldn't stop sharing your face because that will hinder your brain progress one and you shouldn't ever have to feel like you need to listen to him on what to put on your business or personal Instagram or anywhere.
Speaker 1: Ever, just don't listen to it, damned.
Speaker 4: In terms of navigating it, I would just say, have a chat with him and set clear boundaries on it. Like if it's just something that's better off not spoken about because he's great in every other aspect of your relationship, then maybe that's just what you kind of have to do for the next little bit.
Speaker 1: Lock him. No, I think you need to explain it. Yeah, like you said, I think you need to be like, hey, this is actually a marketing strategy. It's not like me wanting to just like put my face over things. This is not an attention thing. Yeah, this is a marketing strategy. And it's like it's not like a like this is what everyone's doing, you mean, it's not like an unknown random strategy. So this is a marketing strategy, and this is something I want to do for my brand, but also I just want to do and I don't appreciate you having comments like that. And also if you're not going to support me, please just say nothing.
Speaker 4: Yes, And then potentially if he's up to it addressing his insecurities around you putting your face on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it's weird. I would just ask him, what's why do you not like it? Like, what's the issue here? He needs to address that? Yeah, for sure, And I like, I do get it. There are people who don't like social media. They don't like the whole thing and whatnot, and like that's fine.
Speaker 4: They just don't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't get it. They're like, oh, it's just a bunch of influencers blah blah blah. But that's fine. He's allowed to have his opinions. It's just don't make you feel a certain way and make you feel unsupported almost to say to him, can you just keep your comments to yourself? Because I'm really trying here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, perfect, Okay. Question two a bit of a long one. A few weeks ago, a friend and I had a disagreement where I pulled her up on some really unkind behavior that didn't sit well with me. I should note that these habits are reoccurring, but this is the first time that I've had the confidence to speak. I was immediately unfriended of all socials. I am now being made as the villain in the situation being accused of being petty and not having the guts to apologize when I was only speaking my mind in a mature way. I'm going through quite the spiritual slush self development journey, and I'm beginning to really step into my power and feel like my true self. I have said everything that I have to say, but the other person is wanting me to apologize. I'm not stubborn, but I really don't want to roll over and apologize for speaking my mind and standing up for what I believe in. To make it harder, our boyfriend's are best friends. My boyfriend has been amazing and is supportive of my journey and where my head is at. But now the others are still trying to get me to apologize and are not understanding where I'm coming from when I say I am content with not having that negative energy in my life anymore. I don't do conflict at allso this is really hard, especially when I truly feel like my life is a much more positive environment without her in it. I truly believe in the universe, and if I'm going to lose friends over something like this, then they are the people for me. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Yeah, Okay, this is a hard one because it sounds of it like a child, like the friend.
Speaker 1: Are the other friends. Yeah, it's kind of hard though, because to me this sounds like this person has, like she said, gone through a bit of a spiritual awakening. I actually spoke to a close friend about this literally this morning. And what kind of happens is as you evolve and grow, especially if you're going through a self development, you know, spiritual journey, you just move like you grow as a person in a different way than how you have been. Yeah, and so the relationships you have as that previous person either grow with you or they don't. And I think what has happened here is this person has grown, she's found her voice, and she's gone, Actually, you're not gonna treat me like this. Here's what I have to say about this. This other person is like, holy shit, this person's like, you know, brought this up with me, and it's probably like a bit shocked once an apology or whatever. But it's like, you guys are just on two different levels. It's very clear you're on a different wavelength. You're on a different frequency than this person. And I don't know, if you don't want to apologize, you didn't have to apologize. Yeah, I definitely do you agree?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely, I don't think she should because this person's first reaction to her speaking her mind for the first time. It's not like it's been an ongoing fine and she's the friend's like, I'm done with this now straight away. Just unfriends her from stuff I find. God, that's a childish yeah, very immature. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also if she wants to unfriend you and block you, fine, but then why should you have to apologize?
Speaker 4: Yeah? If she cut the ties. And this is something that's weird because like normally you just turn around and be like, don't bother, like just cut him out, leave him out. But because boyfriends are friends, okay, Yeah, you don't want like you obviously don't want toxic energy when you all hang out. And you also don't want to have to say to your boyfriend, I'm not coming if you're going out with X group of people, because that's not fair on him, especially since he's been supportive of her not apologizing. But is it just a thing of they won't like when the best friend is hang out with his best friend, she goes and does her own thing. Yeah, girl friends aren't involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like I think that's fine, Like I don't ever especially now we're a baby, like someone's gonna look after Ivy. But like whenever Tim hangs out with his friends, I'm never there unless it's for like a thirtieth or an engagement party. Yeah, and like in those circumstances, you just don't have to speak to that person. Yeah. So I don't know, doesn't seem like the biggest deal in saying.
Speaker 4: That, it sounds like a friendship group though, Yeah, because she's saying she's been pressured by the others, which I can only assume is maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the other friends, the other.
Speaker 4: Friends, and you don't want to not hang out with your friends just because you don't get along with one person's girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you need to weigh up and go do I kind of you know, be the bigger person and just go, oh, sorry you felt that way, Sorry you felt that way. Let's agree to disagree here, and so the other friends can just be like, yeah, whatever and you can continue or I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting. I would maybe it's easy for me to say, don't apologize. But in this situation for the sake of peace, if this was a friendship group, not if it was just my boyfriend and his best friend and his best friend's girlfriend, but if it was a group situation and I actually valued the other people in the group, and you don't feel like you're growing apart from the other people in the group, I maybe just apologize, but set a really clear boundary with that person that I'm not interested in a relationship with you as a person. I'll be nice, I'll be civil, I'll greet you at group functions, but don't talk to me outside of that kind of thing. Yeah, and just have that relationship.
Speaker 1: I went through something similar and it was much like that a tea where I kind of thought, for the sake of everyone else not feeling, you know, too uncomfortable, let's just agree to disagree. I have no interest in you and your life, but I will be civil because I'd rather be the bigger person and not create drama. Yeah, exactly. That sucks. So that really did stuff, especially because this person doesn't like conflict, which I can kind of like resonate with. But also proud of your girlfriend for sticking up for yourself, and you know, setting boundaries and yeah, you've clearly, you know, like you said, found your power, which that's a huge step. Yeah, should be like proud of yourself. And it's kind of sucks that it's, you know, come to that. But also I think, look at this again, Like I said, I was just chatting to a friend about this this morning. I think what's really exciting about this is when old friendships break away. Don't see it as a negative because you're just creating space for new things to come into your life.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love it alrighty. Last question, hotline help. I have a friend who I'm very close with, but I've been recently finding out that she is lying and keeping things from me. They aren't really lies that I can justify, not that any lies technically are, but they're just pointless and will obviously be caught out. I've already tried confronting her and trying to tell her it's unnecessary, but it just seems to be a bit never ending. For context, an example of this would be I saw her that she had her hair done recently, and I asked her about it, and she said she hasn't had her hair done, and then the next day shares opposed to Instagram from being at the hairdressers before I saw her. It's all very trivial stuff, and I just don't understand.
Speaker 1: I had a bit of a laugh at this one. It's because I also don't understand is this person like a compulsive liar? Because that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what is like why people compulsive liars?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We need to research it, I think, especially like you could go back to this person and just be like, like, why did you lie about this? And just like and then if their response is something where you're like, just an excuse, just an excuse, and they're like, oh shit, I'm a dill. I'm actually really silly. I didn't mean to lie about this, but I did. But if their excuse is kind of like, you know, oh I didn't lie, like defensive, it's kind of like, I don't know, why would you want to be friends with someone who treats you like that? Because even though it's trivial stuff, they're still lying to you and that's still deceit. And do you want to have a friendship where there's deceit? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, why is it easy for them to even lie to you? In the first place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a bit scary. I actually have a similar story with a friend literally years ago, and it was it was like little little bit it makes you feel stupid, I know, Oh my god. So you know what she used to do so with this is a friend i'd like party with. So back in the day when I was like, you know, eighteen and so you know, I would all get drunk and I have drinks and Georgia lump to party back in the day. She's a mom now, and she would often the night after be like, oh yeah, and then you did this and almost say something like embarrassing, But it's like I had total like recollition, recollition, recollection, recollection, wow of the night. And I'm like, I didn't do that, but she was. And she did it to like me and my friend all the time. And then we would talk after and be like, so she just gasol it us yes, and we would be like why, she's just such a liar and it's so bit almost like lying but also over exaggerating things. And we just used to think of as the weirdest thing. But it started off like that, but then she used to lie about bigger things that were very drama. There was lots of drama in the group and just kind of yeah stuff that caused drama that I was just like, oh, fuck, this is unnecessary, and it just got to the point where I thought even so, at the start, I didn't mind. I just like, Oh, she's funny, She's just silly, She's so silly. What a silly girl. She's a silly girl. And then it got to the point where I had that or I got older, and I just thought, we all have limited energy and time. I do not want to spend my time with someone who even lies about small things, because what if something big happens, You're always going to question and you're always going to be like, wait, is she lying? Is she telling the truth? I actually had.
Speaker 4: This yeah with a friend in a friend group a while ago, and he which is weird because it's not normally guys, but he sort of just like puppeteered situations. Yes, And I ended up confronting him, not in the best way.
Speaker 1: I was like, drama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would recommend that if you confront or when you confront this friend, just make sure it's calm. Because I went a bit at tacky and sent a massive paragraph being like, I know you did this this, how did that work out?
Speaker 1: He left the group chat? Oh my god, you did it in a group chat.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I did it in a private chat, but then he left the group chat.
Speaker 1: But I just like powered through. That's something the puppeteer thing. Yeah, that is that's huge, And that's something that I realized in this previous person one hundred percent. I feel like they were addicted to drama and they liked like stirring.
Speaker 4: The pot and just like the control.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, huge. And I would notice she would almost do it in a way of like try and say things to like put a wedge between me and another girl or interesting. Yeah, and they were like minor things, but then like in the long run, it builds up, It builds up. Yeah, interesting, I'm so sorry. Back to the question. Yeah, I just think, you know, you could be like me back in the day and be like silly girl. Oh she's so funny, she's so silly. But I would not keep this And this is what I did with this person. I always kept her at a certain length because I just knew I could not be close to this person. Yeah, because I just couldn't trust her. But then it got to the point where I got older, and my friendship so call got a lot smaller, and I just got to the point where I thought, why am I wasting my time and energy in someone like this? They clearly got issues?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then yeah, maybe it's just if she's that close of a friend and you value her popo message and be like, look, this is how I've been feeling with the thing you've been saying. I do value, happy to address it, but cannot go on like this, yeah, because it's a waste of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like you could just ghost not ghost her, but like if you don't, because I get that that's like the mature thing to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But also like I'm someone who's like sometimes I just don't have the time and energy to confront people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's just like just like distance yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, slowly distance myself from them because it's like a relationship where I just don't care about them that much.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Brutal but honest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if they come back a better person, then give them another shot.
Speaker 1: But yeah, one d sent I all about second chances. That's it. Ah, that's it, guys. I hope you enjoyed. Geez hotline. We will be back in your ears on Tuesday for another KIP episode. What does kipstand for?
Speaker 4: Knowledge is power?
Speaker 1: Knowledge is power? I forget every time I go to say called KPI. KPIs because you know I'm in the nah Warehouse FLA.
Speaker 4: Performance Indicator episodes, Slave Driver over here.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much, guys, We will chat soon. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conker podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Risinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rising Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great